PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to read an MRI of brain?

donk
29th August 2012, 18:04
My girlfriend "fainted" several times exactly a month ago tomorrow, and has been dizzy/seeing double/having fainting spells ever since.

Anyone who's read my posts about her, will know that I feel there is "paranormal" issues involved. I am completely comfortable with my understanding of the situation, but am looking for valid, verifiable, substantive evidence to lend some credibility to anyone I speak to about it.

Besides my word and hers, I have not had much, except photos she took of some of the "snake bite" marks she took when she received a bunch once night--and in those you can barely tell which body part you are looking at, so obviously can't prove it's even her body. (and of course I was not able to remember to do it myself while they were still on her--didn't even remember to get her to show me them in person).

But I do have something now I would like checked out...she had an MRI done with some sort of contrast that her ear, nose, and throat doc requested to rule out MS as cause of the dizziness issues--which they are still unable to diagnose.

Somehow (???) I managed to "forget" her appointment this morning where they analyzed it, and did some more tests (I had been focused on getting there to hear what they had to say myself, as she is not the best at communicating English). I asked her if there was anything she remembers them saying that gave her any weird feelings/alarm bells(she said both docs were conversing about it and they brought in the third "foreign" doc to consult as well), she said what felt funny to her was "what they seemed to NOT be saying"...and also mentioned he heard one say "it's coming from inside/the middle" or something to that effect. I am pretty upset with myself for missing the appointment.

Anyways--these days, they give you a disc with all of the MRI on it, that you can pop in a laptop and it works/shows everything--you can rotate the multiple different views around and everything! I am not a nuerologist or ENT doc, so it is just a neat little interactive view of her brain to me....but if I could somehow download it (I'd need guidance with that, I can barely navigate this forum, anything beyond real user friendly software I usually mess up), is there anyone able to take a look and give a second opinion?

I know that the analysis the ENT gave her would help, but I only have a piece of it she sent in a pic right after I talked to her, i will get a good pic of it and try downloading it at home. But from what I can make of it, everything is normal except this:

There is moderate-to-large polypoid mucosal thickening along the right maxillary sinus measuring about 2.5 x 2.8 cm in size and minimal mucuosal thickening [words cut out of my pic] along the left maxillary sinus.

I asked that she try to take better pic (including the bottom) of the analysis, but she hasn't responded yet--she did read it to me earlier...and i jotted notes: "focal sucortical white matter" and "chronic vasculitis" but forget most of what it said so have no real context--I'll fill in some gaps later, if there's anyone interested....gracias!

MiguelQ
29th August 2012, 20:00
I can, see and tell if something is really bad or not.

The mucosal polypoid should not worry, i havw one yet to remove. And i also felt dizzy in the past.
Those might appear due to sinus infection on nose or other cause. But usually they are not malign.
But one can extract it by choice. Or do nothing if stable.

But why don't you post the picture of the scan? Digitally scanned, should work fine?

guyrandom
29th August 2012, 21:01
I have experience of reading spinal and brain MRI scans, as a medical researcher, not a neural expert. I've helped find things that radiography consultants have missed so I may be able to help add to the data/leads you guys can follow up. Do you have a copy of the di-com files you can zip-up and upload somewhere?

donk
29th August 2012, 21:47
That would be nice. It came on a disc where 6 views (all completely rotatable) pops up, it was pretty intense...I missed her opening it (whether it opened some software from the internet), does that sound like something I can zip-up & upload (how do you "zip" btw?)

One thing I forgot...the doc said they are uncertain what it is, prescribed a years worth of Nortriptyline and said come back in three weeks.

Thanks so much for the responses, I'll try to get that stuff done tonight.

donk
2nd September 2012, 15:21
Nevermind--thanks for the offers, but I can't figure out how to get the data off the disc.

Also, my girlfriend finally told me truth last night: she has a tumor. Not much else, just that it was inoperable, they hoping the meds manage it. And she ain't ready to let anyone else around us know (doesn't want to worry anyone).

MiguelQ
2nd September 2012, 21:02
Screenshot.. but still you could scan the thing

Rocky_Shorz
3rd September 2012, 03:27
Nevermind--thanks for the offers, but I can't figure out how to get the data off the disc.

Also, my girlfriend finally told me truth last night: she has a tumor. Not much else, just that it was inoperable, they hoping the meds manage it. And she ain't ready to let anyone else around us know (doesn't want to worry anyone).

sorry to hear about your g/f

If you want to try remote healing, put a pic of you two up as an Avatar...

or in your album so we can go take a glance...

kreagle
3rd September 2012, 18:33

sorry to hear about your g/f

If you want to try remote healing, put a pic of you two up as an Avatar...

or in your album so we can go take a glance...

Rocky_Shorz,

Excellent idea, Rocky_Shorz! I will be looking forward to 'anointing and praying' over these 'pictures'. God's Word and power still works, friends!

Your friend, brother, and servant,.........kreagle

MiguelQ
4th September 2012, 01:10
And check her levels of vitamins and so, so that you booth can eat a good nutrition. Apple and Carrots shakes are very healthy.

Rocky_Shorz
4th September 2012, 03:38

hope you don't mind I asked the mods to move this over to where you would get the attention you deserve for your girlfriend...

Avalon is a gathering of the gifted, and together, can move mountains

let me know when you are ready...

pm me a pic and I'll link her to the others through our connection if you don't want to share online in an open forum...