PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Like About Yourself?

TelosianEmbrace
30th August 2012, 10:47
It's very rare that we receive praise from others. We are beautiful, incredible beings who need to feel loved, to be nurtured and uplifted. So I'd like to give you the opportunity to point out those attributes of yourself that you most like, perhaps the ones that are most frowned upon by the sheeple. Here's a chance to blow your own trumpet, to unashamedly sing your own praises. To feel good about who you are and what you are here to do.

Artworks
30th August 2012, 11:11
I admire the light within me, no matter how often I want to give up, it keeps shining. Thank you me.

Timreh
30th August 2012, 13:04
I like that I am unique and different to everyone else
And.. I like my determination and stubbornness

pyrangello
30th August 2012, 13:24
Life is all about the ARTS, and every person has a gift, experiencing that gift is a joy........................................ Persistance pays off, just believe and it will happen.

donk
30th August 2012, 13:30
"...gosh darn it, people like me..."

It is also what I hate about myself, in times when I have too many people wanting my attention.

I like that I am a complete paradox...at least now that I can recognize it :p

bennycog
30th August 2012, 13:37
here to learn and praise my fellow learners......
this thread i feel does a suffice job of that, http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?47943-Acknowledgments , what we could do with this threrad is praise our whistleblowers for their peices of contribution. what do you think?

im here to take it all in...

TelosianEmbrace
30th August 2012, 17:10
There is something inside me that says never to give up. I've been through some very dark times in my life, and there has always been belief that someday, someday it will all get better. All I have to do is hang on, keep on being cheerful and and thinking positively and one day all that I put put will one day come back to me.

DeBron
30th August 2012, 18:52
Simply everything. I love my sense of compassion, I love my lack of empathy for voluntary stupidity. I love the things that people dont like about me. I love that my personality causes some people to only respond to what I say with "DeBron you are crazy." I love, love, LOVE the things I have done that would most likely be seen retrospectively as detrimental, because those things, more than the more positive ones, have shaped my understanding of this world and the souls who inhabit it. Oh I also love my physique, I am quite stunningly handsome if I do say so myself (and I do).

Swan
30th August 2012, 19:22
Above all I love myself for having the courage to be weird.

sirdipswitch
30th August 2012, 19:30
One word sums up everthing I like, ME!

I'm just so cool. hehehehehehehehe

love y'all
sirdipswitch

ulli
30th August 2012, 19:33
I'm far too self critical to like anything about myself.
Hmmm, I guess I like my feet. Manolo Blahnik, a famous shoe designer,
once told me that my feet were even more beautiful than Bianca Jagger's,
and she had the best feet in the world according to him.
So I guess I feel proud of my feet.

P.S. Maybe one of the mods can make an exception with this thread and install a self ThankYou button. ;)

bodhii71
30th August 2012, 19:43
I too have lived through some dark times, especially in my formidable years. I have experienced the dark night of the soul, and have learned a deep compassion for my fellow man (and woman). I know it all goes back to love.
I have tried many things, I have failed many times. I have also succeeded. I have been tempered by fire.
I have managed to be courageous when inwardly I felt the coward. I am in my second week of college, something I never felt intelligent enough to attempt.
I am a accomplished guitarist/musician and within the past two years started building musical instruments, self taught no less.
I also realize the trappings of the ego and it's all just a ride...
But most of all, I am a father of three beautiful souls, and realize they aren't "mine" but my charges, I am a caretaker.

RunningDeer
30th August 2012, 19:57
What do I like about myself? Some descriptive words are: courageous, gutsy, compassionate, stamina, creative, intuitive, and stick-to-itiveness.

TargeT
30th August 2012, 20:03
Beware the happiness trap. ( http://www.thehappinesstrap.com/)

I accept myself, beyond that I am not willing to feed my ego more.

I try to stay away from self esteem and lean to self acceptance, this seems best to me after much thought.

Wind
30th August 2012, 20:11
I am a very kind person, I suppose that is a virtue. It is hard to give credit to myself. I try to love everyone uncoditionally, even though it seems to be hard from time to time. I have so much compassion towards others. I can feel their soul just by looking at them.

My life has been full of pain and anxiety, but I have been too resilient to quit. I am glad that I have been able to see light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark the journey has been. I won't give up, I'm too stubborn for that. There is only light ahead.

christian
30th August 2012, 21:44
I like being free.

And you are free as well - for example you're free to tell me that I'm not free, go right ahead if you feel so inclined. :)

Mozart
30th August 2012, 22:46
Ok, I'm going to loudly toot my horn ...

... *silence*

Um, ok, I think that I will need to do some more work on my self-acceptance, then.

It's kind of hard to not be hard on myself when I've had to deal with a near-deafness all my life and the resultant struggles with it that happens EVERY SINGLE DAY.

It was brutal for me during my high school years when I had not yet developed effective means of dealing with it around other selves, most of whom did not know how to handle being around me.

I have too many could've, should've and would've moments in my life, many of which, had I gone the better route, would have altered my life's path for the better for the most part.

So ... self-forgiveness ... that's hard to do.

I came into this lifetime with an ego that was a bit big. It's been beat down pretty damn good by now, it's safe to say.

Ok, here's one thing that I'm proud of -- I'm a Conspiracy Observer.

NOT a conspiracy theorist -- a ****ing Conspiracy ****ing OBSERVER.

And none too soon those conspiracies will finally see the light of the day with the exposures and Disclosures that are supposed to happen before the end of this here damn year.

The specific conspiracies that I had chosen to take seriously -- most of them -- have turned out to be for real and that's despite the strong winds of propaganda that said otherwise in the damn media.

So I'll pat myself on my damn back for being a steady Conspiracy Observer.

I'll also appreciate that I spent many years working hard for many hours each week working hard to coordinate and edit most of the transcripts that now are in the archives of Project Camelot. I'm definitely proud of that work that I've done on behalf of Bill Ryan, Kerry Cassidy and Project Camelot.

Ok, so that's two things that I can appreciate about myself.

~Mozart

enfoldedblue
30th August 2012, 23:20
well I am really just so fabulous and dreamy, I don't know where to start ;).
The last few years have been about learning to love all of me...the good, the bad and the ugly. I have found that the more I have allowed those parts of myself that were long ago judged to be 'undesirable' to be given love and acceptance, the more beautiful I feel, and the more love I experience for myself and my world. Through this process I feel myself transforming from a socially manipulated being...to a beautiful deep being/god/goddess who contains ALL in a unique expression that is ME :)

modwiz
31st August 2012, 00:04
It's very rare that we receive praise from others.

Fortunately, that is not my experience. Maybe I am doing something right? If so, that is what I will like about myself. The fact that what I do in life is appreciated by others enough for them to tell me about it.

Staying humble is a full time effort for me. Some in this forum may think not enough effort is being made :p There is a huge difference between communicating in person, where facial nuances and vocal inflections are a part of it and the written word where reading is interpreted more through the emotional filters of the reader.

GarethBKK
31st August 2012, 00:36
We are beautiful, incredible beings who need to feel loved, to be nurtured and uplifted.

Nice sentiment, but I don't necessarily feel I need to feel loved. I have learned that to love rather than be loved leads to much greater levels of consciousness and energy, and with that comes everything I need. Thus, the greatest thing I like about myself is the way I love my wife.

lightwalker
31st August 2012, 02:27
I like myself so much that my outer reflection is having people love me back.....I receive money and gifts and emotional support and friendship and trips to great places and messages of joy and hope and love......that's what I like about liking myself.

lightwalker

Ol' Roy
31st August 2012, 04:04
How about trustworthy,loyal, helpful, friendly, courtious, kind, obediant, cheerful, thifty, brave, clean, and reverant(spiritual). Most of the time not all the time. This is the Boyscout and Girl Scout Laws.
Good listener and humble some of the time. Try to live by the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would do unto me. I think? Constantly try to find out the truth (seeker)

WCBD I would also like to add to your resume, beautiful, compassionate, thankful, and a team player.

With love to all of you on Avalon! Great OP!

modwiz
31st August 2012, 04:28
I like myself so much that my outer reflection is having people love me back.....I receive money and gifts and emotional support and friendship and trips to great places and messages of joy and hope and love......that's what I like about liking myself.

lightwalker

You obviously have it right. :thumb:

RunningDeer
31st August 2012, 11:33
How about trustworthy,loyal, helpful, friendly, courtious, kind, obediant, cheerful, thifty, brave, clean, and reverant(spiritual). Most of the time not all the time. This is the Boyscout and Girl Scout Laws.
Good listener and humble some of the time. Try to live by the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would do unto me. I think? Constantly try to find out the truth (seeker)

WCBD I would also like to add to your resume, beautiful, compassionate, thankful, and a team player.

With love to all of you on Avalon! Great OP!
Thank you, Ol'Roy. :wub:

Tony
31st August 2012, 11:52
Unfortunately that something inside that will never give up, is what is holding us here.
To praise oneself is to praise an illusion, which keeps us here.

I like not being confused, about myself.