PDA

View Full Version : 4-year old 'Toddlers and Tiara's',....smoking?

kreagle
31st August 2012, 11:06
Lord Jesus,...help us! (prepare to be 'sick to your stomach!)

http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=ree-hines46465445-CD0D-9E4C-0CE4-D1183F37DA6F.jpg&width=380

link:http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/08/30/13570704-four-year-old-hits-the-stage-with-cigarette-on-toddlers-tiaras?lite

By Ree Hines, TODAY contributor
"Don't forget to smoke!" It's not exactly a phrase one expects to hear at any beauty pageant -- especially one in which some of the contestants aren't even old enough for kindergarten yet. But that's just what one mom encouraged her 4-year-old to do as the little one took the stage on Wednesday night's "Toddlers & Tiaras."

Destiny had hoped to wow the judges with her costume -- she was dressed in Sandy's "bad girl" getup from "Grease" -- but the wow-factor had nothing to do with what she had on.

"Destiny has a cigarette!" a judge exclaimed. "What is (her mom, Lisa) thinking?!"

Lisa was likely thinking it was just another way to get extra attention for her so-called "feisty little diva," but no one seemed amused by the sight of a tot puffing on a fake cigarette.

While fans of the show voiced their outrage about the incident online, it's doubtful that the negative reaction did much to change Lisa's take on it. After all, she's very invested in Destiny's pageant life.

"I think I like pageants so well, because when I was younger, growing up, I didn't get to do anything like that," Lisa explained earlier in the episode. "So I think I'm living my dreams through my little girl."

As for Destiny, she confessed she likes pageants "because (her) mom says so."

In the end, the tyke's inappropriate stage prop didn't do much to hurt her chances in the competition. Sure, the judges shaved off a few points for pretending to smoke on the stage, but Destiny still won Personality Supreme -- a title she's nabbed at least once before at the World Chicken Festival, if her engraved trophy collection is anything to go by.

Note: If you will 'follow the link' there is a video that I couldn't figure out 'how to embed'.

I can't begin to say 'how sick this makes me feel!'

Your brother, friend, and servant,.......kreagle

Carmody
31st August 2012, 13:40
These are nice stories, regarding 'extremes to get one's self all riled up about'.

But they are also a direct asking for the rest of us to get caught up in this as well.

When in reality it is only one point of an extreme far end.

One. And one only. Even within craziness of dressing the kids up and putting them on parade, even in this crowd, this was considered to be far too extreme.

Thus it has nothing in it for the rest of us to be 'flying off the handle about'. Nothing at all.

To NOTE it as a far extreme, yes, to but to spend our time being incensed about it...as some new normal state of mind to be in, as if this is some sort of new middle of the road we need to be 'freaking out' about?

Absolutely not.

Rationality and balance, does actually have something to do with rationality and balance.

I appreciate the sentiment, but, uh, control yourself, please.

Again... I'm not even remotely interested in freaking out about this single instance of someone's single instance of extreme insanity.

delfine
31st August 2012, 16:05
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attach

Yes, there are sick agendas concerning the sexualization of children..

Kindred
1st September 2012, 00:35
All the above... recognize it for the mind (and Emotion) Control that it is. Remember, 'they' Want you to get riled up... keep you focused on 'reality'.... everything Outside... and to keep You from looking Inward to the True Reality. One's own connection with Oneness.

But, yes... it's (almost) a crime to see these children manipulated like this. It is my sincere hope that, soon (but never soon enough) most will See, and Experience The Truth of our Reality, and all this will seem to be but a distant nightmare.

In Unity, Peace and Love

Matthew
3rd August 2023, 19:03
All the above... recognize it for the mind (and Emotion) Control that it is. Remember, 'they' Want you to get riled up... keep you focused on 'reality'.... everything Outside... and to keep You from looking Inward to the True Reality. One's own connection with Oneness.

But, yes... it's (almost) a crime to see these children manipulated like this. It is my sincere hope that, soon (but never soon enough) most will See, and Experience The Truth of our Reality, and all this will seem to be but a distant nightmare.

In Unity, Peace and Love

Nice way to look at it. Your words came as a timely reminder after I watched this retrospective on the series (shared below).

YouTube commentator Savantics looks back at Toddlers and Tiaras and headlines it as "The Peak of Awfulness". They made 9 seasons of this awfulness and three spin-off shows.

wa1fN0pUQkM