PDA

View Full Version : Do You Vote?

Moemers
22nd August 2010, 02:18
For the people here who live in countries in which they can vote (I'm assuming everybody...)

Do you?

Why or why not?

Beth
22nd August 2010, 02:21
I do, there's a lot of women that went to jail and did a lot of hard work so I could vote. I vote to honor them.

Enlightenment101
22nd August 2010, 02:44
Yes I vote, not that it matter lol but I vote

sjkted
22nd August 2010, 04:30
I don't vote and never have.

I consider myself to be sovereign and don't need any "help" from the government. By sovereign, I mean that I take full responsibility for myself and my take is that we would all be better off if the government people trying to help us would just go away.

On a philosophical level, I see that voting is giving one's power away to another group. When that other group fails to deliver on their promises (as they always do), most people resort to complaining and engaging in the political process (spinning their wheels) to rectify the situation. Further, I can't think of anything that was voted on that produced a good result. Look at all of the bills that come in from DC. Since I'm not a minority group or disabled or belong to one of the classes that would receive money, I can't see that any of them have benefited me. And even if I was benefiting from it, I would much rather be self-reliant.

Much of the "voting" going on that I see has to do with redistribution of wealth. My take on that is that if the government has so much wealth to distribute, the Corporation of the United States should just lower taxes, kind of like how other corporations that have so much money issue dividends.

Beyond that, I realize there are some real issues -- although they are few and far between. On those, we're back to the one-headed two-party system controlled by the same crooks in power. Add to that the very easily manipulatable electronic voting machines which do not offer a paper trail or any real way to reconcile all of the votes, and I don't see myself changing my mind anytime soon.

--sjkted

tron
22nd August 2010, 13:34
no.
I prefer wasting my time throwing rocks into a pond.
It seems much more productive then "votes" and there's no paper/power being used.

BMJ
22nd August 2010, 13:54
Hi Guys,
Here in Australia if you are 18 years or over you have to vote, (and if you don't you will be fined), we just held our federal election yesterday. I haven't even bothered to check who's won.

There is no why not.

Previously I was very interested in making my vote count, but frankly now, after becoming more aware of what is going on and the influence of the tptb, I really don't care a bit to vote anymore because it really doesn't make a difference.

I'm waiting for the changes that are to come and hoping for a better tomorrow, whilst I try to make the best of today in every way.

Blacklight43
22nd August 2010, 14:22
Hi!
I always vote....against the establishment!...via absentee ballot...(paper trail).
One small vioce.

Wood
22nd August 2010, 14:53
I voted just once when I was 18. Since then I realised it was not worth the trouble: all sides with any option to win were just the same.
I feel things are starting to change though.

Arpheus
22nd August 2010, 15:24
Before i moved to the USA,i was born in brazil for those of you who dont know,i was all excited when i turned 16 so i could make a difference and vote for the first time yeah people can vote at 16 in brazil believe it or not but they cant drive a car until they are 18 go figure lol,anyway i voted at 16 having this misunderstanding that would make a difference and all,but i was young back then full of ideas and misconceptions,well ever since i havent bothered,it feels better this way.

Lost Soul
22nd August 2010, 15:30
Registered third party (New Year's Party) for over two decades now. I do vote and have missed only three elections. Generally I vote no on new taxes and no on incumbents. Any politician in office stole enough money the first time.

FrankoL
22nd August 2010, 17:51
I dont vote anymore. It makes no sense. I think everything is corrupted.

Teakai
23rd August 2010, 01:41
I usually do, but not this time.
I was going to vote for the Australian Sovereign Party - they're against the 'nwo' - unfortunately they didn't have enough numbers to register this time.

So, I considered my voice was loudest in not voting in this election.

This is a Chinese depiction of the election.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ_s6V1Kv6A

sojorner
23rd August 2010, 03:44
I De-Registered myself from the voters list.

Being on the voters list (regardless of whether or not you vote) is giving your consent to be governed by a parliament that claims to be sovereign over those it represents. It is a foreign power and a CONTRACT we enter into voluntarily (by ignorance).

We are put on the voters list, and by our acquiesence,(not disputing or challenging the fact), we AGREE to be governed by whoever wins and the Governing body (Corporate body, Alien body, etc) they represent.

I'm not just a Sovereign...
I'm a paranoid Sovereign..

Soj

Tigger
23rd August 2010, 04:11
We all have to vote in Australia (if you are over 18 that is). Recently we had a federal election in which it appears to have resulted in a hung parliament. This means that no political party has secured a majority of seats yet in the lower house (House of Representatives) which will enable it to form a majority government. Some 'marginal seats' are so close that they will be decided on just a handful of votes. If you live in an electorate that is a 'marginal seat' it makes sense to vote properly because as we have seen in this election, even a few votes can decide which party will form the next government.

Having said all that, both of the major political parties tailor their platforms so close together during an election campaign in order to attract the swinging voters that it becomes very hard to differentiate between the two. It is easy for voters to become disillusioned and apathetic which is why many people cast 'informal' votes (i.e. blank ballot paper). In this election there was up to a 10% 'informal' vote in some electorates which could be an indication that many Australians are becoming more than a little tired of the political game.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few days as parties make 'deals' with each other to decide who can form a minority government.

Beth
23rd August 2010, 04:51
I'm sorry all, but don't you see this as part of the agenda? To make us all so friggen apathetic? "My vote doesn't matter, as well as my voice, so I might as well stop!"

When we decide our voice means nothing, that's exactly what it becomes, nothing.

So few vote now and that's why political races are decided by the few and the powerful. If we all decided to jump in and vote 3rd parties, we'd really shake it all up.

Call me naive, but if I'm gonna be a part of this planet, I'm going to be a part of the process, and feel that at least to me, my voice counts.

Moemers
23rd August 2010, 05:09
What third parties though?

Tigger
23rd August 2010, 05:12
I'm sorry all, but don't you see this as part of the agenda? To make us all so friggen apathetic? "My vote doesn't matter, as well as my voice, so I might as well stop!"

I could not agree with you more yaya551. I should have said in my earlier post that I was a little disturbed by the high number of informal / apathetic votes cast in our recent federal election. I for one DID vote and made sure that my voice was heard. In my opinion, even though I can understand why people have become so apathetic, nothing is more dangerous to a society than an apathetic population. I could go further to speculate that if fewer people gave into their apathy last Saturday (Election Day) we might have a very different result for OZ's political future right now.

Incidentally our caretaker Prime Minister (Julia Gillard) announced yesterday that if she were to form the next government, she would look into making changes to the constitution to prevent this situation from reoccurring. I don't know quite what she meant by that, but all sorts of red flags and alarm bells went off in my head when I heard her say this. Problem-Reaction-Solution anyone?

Beth
23rd August 2010, 05:16
What third parties though?

Is that really the point? They take our rights, then they take our voice. My point was they are making us so apathetic, that we basically hand the system right back to them and say it doesn't matter. Hell, might as well make the next president a king or queen. Doesn't matter right? We shouldn't be bothered with this voting thing.

My problem with this truth movement sometimes is the blame game. We want someone else (in power) to fix the friggen problem. Well if we don't change, nothing changes. So if we become complacent and apathetic, then what we get is what is coming to us, and it's usually not something we like.

So my challenge is for us all to change and not sit on our asses and wait for it. Be a part of the process or you will be left out of it.

frank samuel
23rd August 2010, 07:28
For many years I have been a avid political activist on both side of the fence on the US, democrats and republicans. I don't have any party affiliations . After voting for candidates whom I thought where going to make a substantial difference both in the US and around the world I've finally open my eyes and saw politics for what it really is, a business corporation whose main objective is profit at the sake of human rights and dignity to have the basic needs each single person on the face of this Earth deserves.

There's no heart , no soul in politics, why ? I wish it was not so. I am now a community activist for there I feel we can all make our mark, people taking care of each other irregardless of the going ons of governments and corrupt politicians. Voting is a dam if you do dam if you don't process. Politics God knows I wasted enough of my life engaging in this fruitless endeavor of political games.

I am for an all volunteer care taker group, instead of jury duty call it government duty where every citizen participates in their well being. No political parties, no voting. Four years then move on let someone else volunteer. Lobbyist are not allowed, special interest groups not allowed. Anyone can do a better job than these jokers. How much money is wasted in campaigns, for what. Political figures spend more time campaigning to stay in office than they do doing their job.

With that said there's always the exception to the rule, there's a few and far in between politicians who have demonstrated a heart of compassion and have use their position to help other human beings, to those people I raise my voice and say thank you. Politics is a dirty business yet amidst the corruption you can find a few gems untainted by it all. To them I raise my hat in thankfulness . Still we need to do away with the political institutions and become community activist instead. Maybe the generations to come will make that bold move, I sincerely hope so.

Many many blessings to all.:thumb:

jaybee
23rd August 2010, 08:17

When we decide our voice means nothing, that's exactly what it becomes, nothing.

So few vote now and that's why political races are decided by the few and the powerful. If we all decided to jump in and vote 3rd parties, we'd really shake it all up.

Call me naive, but if I'm gonna be a part of this planet, I'm going to be a part of the process, and feel that at least to me, my voice counts.

Well said yaya551...!!!!

(re Britain)

It is very telling that it was the poorer men..... and women who were the last to get equal
voting rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffrage

Reform Act 1832 - extended voting rights to adult males who rented propertied land of a certain value, so allowing 1 in 7 males in the UK voting rights
Reform Act 1867 - enfranchised all male householders, so increasing male suffrage to the United Kingdom
Representation of the People Act 1884 - amended the Reform Act of 1867 so that it would apply equally to the countryside; this brought the voting population to 5,500,000, although 40% of males were still disenfranchised, whilst women could not vote
Between 1885-1918 moves were made by the suffragette movement to ensure votes for women. However, the duration of the First World War stopped this reform movement. See also The Parliamentary Franchise in the United Kingdom 1885-1918.
Representation of the People Act 1918 - the consequences of World War I persuaded the government to expand the right to vote, not only for the many men who fought in the war who were disenfranchised, but also for the women who helped in the factories and elsewhere as part of the war effort. Property restrictions for voting were lifted for men, who could vote at 21; however women's votes were given with these property restrictions, and were limited to those over 30 years old. This raised the electorate from 7.7 million to 21.4 million with women making up 40% of the electorate. Seven percent of the electorate had more than one vote. The first election with this system was the United Kingdom general election, 1918
Representation of the People Act 1928 - this made women's voting rights equal with men, with voting possible at 21 with no property restrictions
Representation of the People Act 1948 - the act was passed to prevent plural voting
Representation of the People Act 1969 - extension of suffrage to those 18 and older

In Britain it was only 82 years ago that every adult was allowed to vote....and this
fundamental right was struggled/fought for...not handed on a plate!

Representative democracy isn't easy...but it's the best we've got at the moment.

jaybee
23rd August 2010, 08:31
Some 'marginal seats' are so close that they will be decided on just a handful of votes. If you live in an electorate that is a 'marginal seat' it makes sense to vote properly because as we have seen in this election, even a few votes can decide which party will form the next government.

Exactly......thankyou.

Bush/Florida, anyone?

:thumb:

sjkted
23rd August 2010, 08:52

Hopefully, your voice isn't counted by one of the electronic voting machines.

I'm not apathetic. Quite the opposite, I'm actively working on real-life solutions every day that will replace the current economy and political system. On the thread, Our Broken Economic Model (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4956-Our-broken-global-economic-model-.-.-.-and-what-YOU-think-we-can-do-about-it.), the question was posed what would you do to fix the economy?

Here's my answer:

(1) We need to return to a sound money system. When the dollar collapses, we will have no other choice.

(2) We need to get rid of functional obsolescence. We don't need to keep buying cars every four years, computers every other year, and constantly replacing all of our gadgets and trinkets in order to get the newest and the greatest. When we have a sound currency system, we'll return to saving our money for a purchase and expecting quality (with a long warranty) when we buy it. And when it eventually breaks, we can take it to a local repairshop, instead of throwing it in the trash and buying another one.

(3) Part of quality is craftsmanship. Craftsmanship cannot be mass manufactured. If you look at older cars, you'll see how much detail work went into them and a level of quality and aesthetic we no longer have. This creates jobs in the local economy.

(4) This whole idea of mass food production is absolutely insane. Every year, the food that is produced comes from further and further away, as it is uneconomical to produce food in large cities where everyone lives. Part of the push for GMO foods is because normal, organic produce dies if it doesn't get consumed quickly enough. GMO foods are basically dead, but they still retain some of the appearance of normal food. We all need to be growing our own food and redevelop our connection with the land and what sustainability really means.

(5) We don't need to use anywhere near as much petroleum as we do. With advances in technology, many people can work from home and if we started up local food production and local manufacturing, much of the freeways would be literally free (empty) as we wouldn't be driving as much.

(6) We need to invest in solar energy. As more and more people buy solar panels, the manufacturing efficiency will increase and they will become cheaper and cheaper. In 10 years, nearly everyone will be able to have solar panels at a very reasonable price.

(7) We need to develop biofuel domestically and use it. Biodiesel can be created from algae which is basically solar powered and can create biofuel even in desert areas where traditional fuel cannot be produced. We could all be running our vehicles on clean fuel at $0.50 - $1.00 per gallon. This technology has already been proven and is a viable replacement for any vehicle.

(8) We need to stop depending on the monetary system and the "grid". If we had free energy or dirt cheap energy, we would no longer need the government. In nearly every product or service, there is a cost for energy. It costs money to extract raw materials, ship them, manufacture them, ship the final product, etc. If the energy was free or dirt cheap, then nearly everything else would be as well. Government exists to divide up scarce resources (money), and they are not needed if we have abundance.

(9) One of the debate items when the US was founded was term-limits for corporations. I say let's bring these back. In order to become a corporation, the founders must prove they have a "pubic good" they are serving and would not be able to continue to operate as a corporation after 10-15 years. At this time, all of their patents/copyrights would be released into the public, and they could continue to operate -- but they wouldn't have the benefit of operating with the same rights as a natural citizen.

And my solutions:

(1) I talk about this to whomever I meet who is capable and willing to understand it.
(2) I buy things that last and learn how to fix them. My latest project is the restoration of a classic Mercedes diesel that is now my daily driver. These cars routinely run for 600,000+ miles without major repair work needing to be done and it will last me for a lifetime.
(3) I'm learning new trades: I am currently working on painting the car and refinishing the wood and reupholstering it.
(4) I have a decent sized garden and produce a good deal of healthy, organic food from it.
(6) I currently run solar panels.
(7) I run my car off domestically-produced biodiesel and vegetable oil.
(8),(9) I talk about this with everyone I can.

My point is that the new paradigm is not about taking everyone's collective power and entrusting some third party with it, who really, really will not let us down this time.

I see the new paradigm as us reclaiming our power and becoming self-reliant and reliant on our communities and the people we know personally -- not some third party administration. Ironically, part of my solution (which I truly believe is the only solution) consists of dismantling THE system. Giving my vote away to some crook doesn't fall into the picture.

My question to you: if everyone were to make a list like this (or enough people) of things that would improve the world and started work to make it happen, while abandoning the political system, how long would it take for us to be living in the world we want and how much government would remain and would we put so much energy into the political process?

When I think of apathy, I think of all of the poor, screwed over people who couldn't get a break when someone else couldn't or wouldn't provide or do something for them. In other words, pissed off voters.

--sjkted

yiolas
23rd August 2010, 09:16
For many years I have been a avid political activist on both side of the fence on the US, democrats and republicans. I don't have any party affiliations . After voting for candidates whom I thought where going to make a substantial difference both in the US and around the world I've finally open my eyes and saw politics for what it really is, a business corporation whose main objective is profit at the sake of human rights and dignity to have the basic needs each single person on the face of this Earth deserves.

There's no heart , no soul in politics, why ? I wish it was not so. I am now a community activist for there I feel we can all make our mark, people taking care of each other irregardless of the going ons of governments and corrupt politicians. Voting is a dam if you do dam if you don't process. Politics God knows I wasted enough of my life engaging in this fruitless endeavor of political games.

I'm with you Frank ! All my life I was immersed in this sham game of politics. Reading everything I could about the issues and the candidates at the time. I was 18 and in college when I voted for the first time during the presidential election Jimmy Carter/Gerald Ford. I continued to faithfully vote in both local and national elections over the years, even going to the trouble to absentee vote when I was abroad. As a resident now in Cyprus, voting is compulsory. Alas I have woken up and do not believe in the system anymore or any mainstream candidates.
I agree with you that the only place that we might be able to make a difference is in community activism where the issues are more important than the political lines.

jaybee
23rd August 2010, 09:18
A really well thought out arguement...sjkted.......you would make an excellent representative. And if you were a politician where I lived
I would vote for you.

The problem is that collective decisions must be made collectively. The question is how best to do this?

I'm in the UK.....and I have simple idea that could reduce the corruption?
What if...instead of being represented by one person, in one constituency......one man + one woman should do the job, together...in every constituency.
They could have regular public meetings with the people they represent...
It would be hard going...with more people involved....
Trouble is...political reform is dependent on a voting system to bring it in. What's the alternative?
I applaud you for caring enough to formulate the excellent ideas you have....

edit to add.....being a political representative must be an exhausting and difficult job.
And as imperfect as the 'system' is...I thank them for bothering to do it.
Politics is a work in progress??

sjkted
23rd August 2010, 16:34
A really well thought out arguement...sjkted.......you would make an excellent representative. And if you were a politician where I lived
I would vote for you.

The problem is that collective decisions must be made collectively. The question is how best to do this?

I'm in the UK.....and I have simple idea that could reduce the corruption?
What if...instead of being represented by one person, in one constituency......one man + one woman should do the job, together...in every constituency.
They could have regular public meetings with the people they represent...
It would be hard going...with more people involved....
Trouble is...political reform is dependent on a voting system to bring it in. What's the alternative?
I applaud you for caring enough to formulate the excellent ideas you have....

edit to add.....being a political representative must be an exhausting and difficult job.
And as imperfect as the 'system' is...I thank them for bothering to do it.
Politics is a work in progress??

Thanks for the kind comments.

The problem in general isn't that politicans don't know what to do. Everything I put on my list is a solution -- it's not the only solution, but it's one that I can work on and everyone else can work towards. The problem is when you start looking at the real solutions and how they impact the corporations and the power structure. If we had dirt cheap or free energy, the majority of taxes would go away. Nearly all of the purchasing price of products/services is energy costs and taxes related to them. In addition, my solution would put the energy companies, gas companies, automakers, and banks out of business or substantially reduce their business. Now, what politician would possibly do anything that like that that would reduce their campaign contributions? You might be voting for me, but I don't think anyone else would :-)

You're right, collective decisions must be made collectively. But, my idea is to give most of the power back to the individual/community and then further decentralize government to where it is just local groups making the decisions.

I don't have a problem with voting per se. I just find the current system to be a waste of time. If this type of power was focused at the community level and I actually knew the people involved on a 1-on-1 basis, I would probably be participating and voting along with everyone else.

--sjkted

Celine
23rd August 2010, 16:36
In my opinion, voting allows for a sharing of opinions.

If one didnt care about opinions of others...why vote?

Snowbird
23rd August 2010, 17:26
I used to be very interested in the voting process here in the states. This too, has passed.

This interest, was before lengthy and deep research into the voting process itself, the Corporation of the United States and what it stands for and what happens to candidates before, during and after election.

In short, the entire and complete system of voting and election, is rigged. And this, is in no way to the advantage of those who support, vote and live in this country...or any other country.

Therefore, I am now reconsidering.

FrankoL
23rd August 2010, 18:17
collective decisions must be made collectively. But, my idea is to give most of the power back to the individual/community and then further decentralize government to where it is just local groups making the decisions.

This is the whole point, sjkted. I agree with you totally.

Voting system is sand in the eyes, so to speak. After all these years we have enough of it. I don't see any other possibility to change it ...When going to vote you simply support the system. Don't you see how politicians are suspiciously smiling when high percentages are reached. Even they are not the winners. It really doesn't matter (to them), when show is going on. They can play with different roles: president, senator, judge, governor,... name it.

I think we are so naive. What in case no one votes? (The game is over?)

sojorner
23rd August 2010, 18:31
I agree with you skjted...

It boils down to being the change you want to see, being responsible for our choices....not giving our power to others to make choices for our best interest, because we don't want to grow up, and then can blame someone out there for being where we are, and not have to look inside. Government is big daddy...It's time to leave home, be a part of a community, build relationships and stop looking for someone else to take care of us.

I personally feel voting is their agenda. It still divides people. Even if one group gets in, they're still telling the other group what to do.....Yet, they tell us how privileged we are....for this gift of being a part of this ability to vote, and we buy it. They've convinced us that we don't have the maturity, or common sense to govern ourselves in a responsible manner. I believe we do. I believe that human kind would come together in a heartbeat if we didn't have the interference from government (Military, police, lawyers, FDA FBI Homeland Security, etc etc)

Soj

jaybee
23rd August 2010, 19:08
Thanks for the kind comments.

The problem in general isn't that politicans don't know what to do. Everything I put on my list is a solution -- it's not the only solution, but it's one that I can work on and everyone else can work towards. The problem is when you start looking at the real solutions and how they impact the corporations and the power structure. If we had dirt cheap or free energy, the majority of taxes would go away. Nearly all of the purchasing price of products/services is energy costs and taxes related to them. In addition, my solution would put the energy companies, gas companies, automakers, and banks out of business or substantially reduce their business. Now, what politician would possibly do anything that like that that would reduce their campaign contributions? You might be voting for me, but I don't think anyone else would :-)

You're right, collective decisions must be made collectively. But, my idea is to give most of the power back to the individual/community and then further decentralize government to where it is just local groups making the decisions.

I don't have a problem with voting per se. I just find the current system to be a waste of time. If this type of power was focused at the community level and I actually knew the people involved on a 1-on-1 basis, I would probably be participating and voting along with everyone else.

--sjkted

But changing the current system, while maintaining stability means that many people have to spend a lot of time in the political arena (years of their life probably) to get the political changes that they want. Like decentralization.....or what-ever.

So....either someone gets stuck in and tries to get voted in THEMSELVES to bring about the changes...or they let someone else do it for them....ie. vote for someone who will...or someone
who is nearest to what they want.

Do you see what I mean?

You are obviously passionate about your ideas....but you might wait forever for
SOMEONE ELSE to do all the hard work to bring about the changes that you desire
in the POLITICAL ARENA.....so that you will then bother to vote....bottom line is.....
you are waiting for someone else to create the circumstances that you want....
before you will take part.

It's a daunting prospect....but people like you should try and become a political
representative. And get people to vote for YOU ! Maybe at local level, for starters.

FrankoL
23rd August 2010, 19:49
in the POLITICAL ARENA.....so that you will then bother to vote....bottom line is.....

no one enters into political arena for the people. It is always for self or self reality. Why you want somebody speaks/creates for you? In fact this is the big change.

jaybee
23rd August 2010, 20:17
no one enters into political arena for the people. It is always for self or self reality. Why you want somebody speaks/creates for you? In fact this is the big change.

NO-ONE....are you sure about that....? NO-ONE ?

ALWAYS? are you sure about that? ALWAYS?

Have you met every politician on the planet? :rolleyes:

HORIZONS
23rd August 2010, 20:33
To vote or not to vote? - that is the question. Well, I have voted and I have not voted, and I would vote again if there were someone worth voting for. I will not vote for a "party line" and voting for the lesser of two evils is not an option for me. Those that I would support never make it to the game, so I am left with the same question. So I'll sum it up with these quotes: "you will never solve a problem on the level of the problem" and "Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result". :)

MariaDine
23rd August 2010, 20:48
I vote since I where 18 years old. In my 19 I went to Law University for 4 years.

I «connected« with Labor Law , so when I left Law for a suceessful carrer in a Ballet company I became a Sindicat delegate of the dancers of the ballet company.

Lawyer... dancer ... I spoke...I danced... for people......today, I teach :)

Love
MD

FrankoL
24th August 2010, 03:31
NO-ONE....are you sure about that....? NO-ONE ?

ALWAYS? are you sure about that? ALWAYS?

Have you met every politician on the planet?

Whether is sure or not is not so important. It is a point of view, don't take it personally.

No one is doing nothing for others, but exclusively for self. This is something difficult to admit and few will agree on this. It is always pretending to be for others, its mind excuse (as I view it).

What is good for citizens? What is good for you? You simply don't know it. Therefore you let others to decide for you. In my opinion only few percent of people dare to decide for others. You don't need a proof, just take a look at your work, your community. Are you one of them? If not, ask yourself why...

Maybe you don't feel right about that (inside yourself), but you let others to do so. I think it is time to take your own decision and take your responsibility.

sjkted
24th August 2010, 04:19
But changing the current system, while maintaining stability means that many people have to spend a lot of time in the political arena (years of their life probably) to get the political changes that they want. Like decentralization.....or what-ever.

So....either someone gets stuck in and tries to get voted in THEMSELVES to bring about the changes...or they let someone else do it for them....ie. vote for someone who will...or someone
who is nearest to what they want.

Do you see what I mean?

It's a daunting prospect....but people like you should try and become a political
representative. And get people to vote for YOU ! Maybe at local level, for starters.

There are natural forces at work here kind of like gravity: what comes up must come down.

The system is bound together by a bunch of things that act as an adhesive. In other words, they keep the system together and strong.

In my estimation, they are:

- people paying taxes
- the welfare state
- war
- a joint currency (be it the Euro or US dollar)
- low-wage countries (like China and the Phillippines)
- expensive energy (both subsidized and taxed)
- fuel from the Middle East (both subsidized and taxed)

If you look around you, all of these are crumbling right now. It's gotten so bad that the main-stream media is covering all of these topics and trying very hard to spin them.

Our entire model of government, taxes, welfare, currency, etc. was modeled after the needs of post-WWII society. Back then, there may have been a need for all of these systems. The issue is that we don't need hardly any of them anymore. Nobody who is part of THE system will ever vote to dismantle any of these.

Look at Ron Paul. Regardless of whether you agree with his views, a vast majority of the population supported his bill to audit the Federal Reserve. It got killed in the senate even with the overwhelming support. To me, this bill is a basic building block. If we don't know to what extent our currency is being manipulated, the monetary agreements we have with other countries, who we are lending money to, etc. how can the average citizen make a qualified decision on what to do?

But, I digress. The whole system is coming down. I see it every day. People are starting to notice it. And, there are many new developments in technology that make it all irrelevant. I don't think I'll have to wait a lifetime for it to get "fixed". I see it all happening in the next few years.

And when it does, everyone will have a pause to think about what really happened. Just like when the USSR went down, and the Weimar Republic of Germany went down. And, the Argentina collapses. That is when there will be an opportunity to get it right. And, if there were just a few successful communities that got set up, other people would see what they were doing and set it up in their area, and it would continue to expand.

What the NWO is trying to do is anti-God and anti-Nature. It is impossible to continue controlling so many people against their will. It's only a matter of time before it all falls apart. And, this I see as a good thing as it marks the beginning of the new world.

--sjkted

sjkted
24th August 2010, 04:26
No one is doing nothing for others, but exclusively for self. .

I don't agree completely with this. There's different levels of stances one can take with their power. An absolute stance means there is no limits on power. In other words, if I need money and I find someone who has it, I would just kill them to take their money. Pretty self-serving and possibly very efficient, so long as I don't get caught. A person who puts relative limits on their power respects certain limits. Instead of cheating others, they run a business or work for an organization doing something honest. Some people decided to take it even further by not giving their money to people or corporations who do evil things. And, some people try to spend their money, time and energy doing the right possible thing -- meaning something that doesn't exploit some person in a third-world country, doesn't cause human or animal suffering, and doesn't trash the environment. It's impossible to inflict harm on someone else without inflicting harm on yourself. It's only a matter of perspective and it's something that most people don't see. So, yes it is a duality. I do self-serving actions, but I also do them as best as I can in a way that does not harm others. And, many other people I know do the same.

--sjkted

danieljackson
24th August 2010, 09:28
my 2 cents worth......not voting is making a statement, but it's a pretty weak one to make. Wouldn't it have more effect if all the dis- affected, unhappy citizens actually showed up and participated in what I agree is an arguably imperfect system, but right now it's the only one we've got. There is another choice to voting for whoever the candidates happen to be and that is to get off your arse and go down to the voting station and spoil your paper or actually write on it that you are unhappy with all of them. If I was a politician I would be a lot more worried about millions of people spoiling their papers than I would be about millions of people staying at home. I think any woman who doesn't vote is a disgrace - but i'm sure these non voting women insist on receiving the benefits of the hard won equalities that braver human beings than them died for. I vote because I think we're better off than North Koreans, because my grandfather died fighting against a regime that would have removed all human rights from us. For the record, I've voted in every election since I was 18

frank samuel
24th August 2010, 09:40
The system would work if it was not so divided, for example here in PR there's some mayors which I know personally who are doing an excellent job in their communities. Although this is rare it happens. If we get rid of the bureaucracy bringing it down to the lowest denominator, people and communities participating in the decision making process that affects their community.

Federal government needs to be trim down, all these Intel agencies trim down, on and on. Bring the power back to the community then I think we can begin to see some real substantial changes. All these money spend on campaigns and the bureaucratic process needs to stop.

Now imagine a world of communities that took care of each other.I believe deep inside the majority of human beings in this planet are decent caring people, we just gave our power away and trusted these corrupt institutions to take care of us and our countries. Can anyone honestly say that this type of system works ? The main beneficiaries of the corrupt system is the corporations and the corrupt politicians who worked and represent them, the good politicians are sadly outnumber. It is however a crumbling system, the fall of Rome is imminent, all these empires of old will not survive.

Then the time will come to rebuild our world from the bottom up only this time we will do it as a global family united, no borders . I have a dream I can hear the words of Martin Luther King Jr. ringing in my ears echoing throughout the world, is time to stop this madness and do what's right, to have the courage to stand up to these bullies and say, NO MORE!!! Now imagine not one single human being going to the voting booth, instead doing a global strike to tear down the bureaucracy, not one soldier going to fight a war, time to end this madness. It cost nothing to dream and dreams do come true, may it be so.

Many many blessings to all.:wub:

danieljackson
24th August 2010, 10:08
[QUOTE=frank samuel;45945]

Now imagine a world of communities that took care of each other.I believe deep inside the majority of human beings in this planet are decent caring people, we just gave our power away and trusted these corrupt institutions to take care of us and our countries.

I think that's a good way forward, a more bottom up approach to running things :)
However I have to disagree that people who don't show up to vote are somehow being courageous - try being an Afghani with an indelible ink mark on your thumb explaining to the local Taliban how you got it - that's courage

frank samuel
24th August 2010, 10:38
I think that's a good way forward, a more bottom up approach to running things :)
However I have to disagree that people who don't show up to vote are somehow being courageous - try being an Afghani with an indelible ink mark on your thumb explaining to the local Taliban how you got it - that's courage

Daniel you know we must be in sink cause I was thinking the same thing, great observation. Keeping in line that magic is just a trick, I dare say the Taliban is just another CIA sponsored group. After all how is it that the Taliban are now doing business with Colombian and Mexican cartels on this side of the hemisphere. Anybody remember the Carlyle group and the company Unocal .This also reminds of a saying in reference to the CIA and the Taliban," you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".:haha:

http://www.onlinejournal.com/archive/03-06-02_Chin.pdf

danieljackson
24th August 2010, 11:14
Well yes, the Taliban were armed and trained at great expense by the CIA but that's another subject entirely lol but i do like the idea of communities taking responsibility it seems like common sense doesn't it !

Rimbaud
24th August 2010, 23:18
I voted just once when I was 18. Since then I realised it was not worth the trouble: all sides with any option to win were just the same.
I feel things are starting to change though.

I'm with Wood here as I did the same...I came into my majority ..voted once and just abandoned the process as a waste of time. At my age now and considering my expat status and dual nationality, with a foot in neither door...I can't see myself voting in an election ever again.

Rimbaud

MariaDine
24th August 2010, 23:32
It's really sad that people are so discoraged :( ...........but I want to leave here some words a very gentle friend said to me....

«This is a time a trial...the «winter of the soul»........letting go of the old energy and openning the door to the new energy........It's hard......... Be Brave !»

jaybee
24th August 2010, 23:41
There are natural forces at work here kind of like gravity: what comes up must come down.

The system is bound together by a bunch of things that act as an adhesive. In other words, they keep the system together and strong.

In my estimation, they are:

- people paying taxes
- the welfare state
- war
- a joint currency (be it the Euro or US dollar)
- low-wage countries (like China and the Phillippines)
- expensive energy (both subsidized and taxed)
- fuel from the Middle East (both subsidized and taxed)

If you look around you, all of these are crumbling right now. It's gotten so bad that the main-stream media is covering all of these topics and trying very hard to spin them.

Our entire model of government, taxes, welfare, currency, etc. was modeled after the needs of post-WWII society. Back then, there may have been a need for all of these systems. The issue is that we don't need hardly any of them anymore. Nobody who is part of THE system will ever vote to dismantle any of these.

Look at Ron Paul. Regardless of whether you agree with his views, a vast majority of the population supported his bill to audit the Federal Reserve. It got killed in the senate even with the overwhelming support. To me, this bill is a basic building block. If we don't know to what extent our currency is being manipulated, the monetary agreements we have with other countries, who we are lending money to, etc. how can the average citizen make a qualified decision on what to do?

But, I digress. The whole system is coming down. I see it every day. People are starting to notice it. And, there are many new developments in technology that make it all irrelevant. I don't think I'll have to wait a lifetime for it to get "fixed". I see it all happening in the next few years.

And when it does, everyone will have a pause to think about what really happened. Just like when the USSR went down, and the Weimar Republic of Germany went down. And, the Argentina collapses. That is when there will be an opportunity to get it right. And, if there were just a few successful communities that got set up, other people would see what they were doing and set it up in their area, and it would continue to expand.

What the NWO is trying to do is anti-God and anti-Nature. It is impossible to continue controlling so many people against their will. It's only a matter of time before it all falls apart. And, this I see as a good thing as it marks the beginning of the new world.

--sjkted

Another excellent post....it's obvious that you have really thought this through carefully.

I am definitely going to carry on voting at local and national elections.....if only to give
support to the candidates that I feel are working their socks off....and come closest to
what I agree with. Maybe the 'system' will fail at some point. And the whole edifice will
come tumbling down...although there will be many casualties (ordinary people) if this
happens quickly. And things could get VERY tough...initially.

Have you seen this film yet....? I think you will enjoy it because it although it is very
watchable and funny....there is also a powerful political message flowing through it..
I watched it on Sunday and I think it's brilliant. It has an extra-terrestrial theme...
but I think it reflects the kind of world you would like to see come into being....

This is the first part of 9....and IMO best watched on full screen....I really hope you
have the time and inclination to watch it....

qPMfzToE_n0

Rimbaud
24th August 2010, 23:53
It's really sad that people are so discoraged :( ...........but I want to leave here some words a very gentle friend said to me....

«This is a time a trial...the «winter of the soul»........letting go of the old energy and openning the door to the new energy........It's hard......... Be Brave !»

Bring on the "New Energy!" MariaDine..it's up to you young guys now!..I'll be fifty next year, but I'll still want to hold your hand towards the next paradigm..It's the youth who'll save us all by achieving our dreams..I can't wait to witness some of our potential..but I feel that we still have a long road ahead of all of us few.

Your Friend

Rimbaud

MariaDine
24th August 2010, 23:55
http://vimeo.com/8668282

jaybee
25th August 2010, 00:02

Thanks for that, MariaDine.....and for the video....

:grouphug:

MariaDine
25th August 2010, 00:08
Well....who said here ,that age is an issue ???...You posted in wrong thread, Rimbaud :) Please check the threath about Life Spand...Ehehheeh !

MariaDine
25th August 2010, 00:25
The movie is great :) ...saw it all last nigh and loved it ! Food for thought because it questions all the new age simpleton attitude of human nature........

Rimbaud
25th August 2010, 00:27
MariaDine it's not life span that I'm worried about...It's about you having fun in London..check out my other post...I know that I'm making myself sound like I'm an old fart..but I'm doing OK thanks..but just want to make sure that you're safe and having a great time in London..God bless and have fun...It's a fun town you know!

Rimbaud

Rimbaud
25th August 2010, 00:32
Crossed threads happening here?

MariaDine
25th August 2010, 00:41
Ahahahahah !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

sjkted
25th August 2010, 00:43
Bring on the "New Energy!" MariaDine..it's up to you young guys now!..I'll be fifty next year, but I'll still want to hold your hand towards the next paradigm..It's the youth who'll save us all by achieving our dreams..I can't wait to witness some of our potential..but I feel that we still have a long road ahead of all of us few.

Your Friend

Rimbaud

Indeed it is the youth that will save this. Aside from the information on Indigo children and the new generation and all of the BS and changes this generation is having to put up with, there's another piece of information that always sticks with me. They are receiving no benefits. Think of all of the standard things one would do after finishing high school and college in the '70s. You get a job, buy a house, get married. The job comes with enough money to pay the mortgage, 2-3 weeks of vacation, health insurance for the family -- enough for a middle class lifestyle. Today, there are people with advanced degrees who are looking for minimum-wage jobs and the unemployment rate in US for 18-30 years old is about 25% - 40% depending on who you believe. The kids who are just getting out of college right now will not find a job easily. They won't find that "middle-class job" like mom and dad did. They won't be able to "work up the ladder". And, I don't see any of them accepting that they have to bail out the previous generation(s) who royally screwed them over.

Folks, we're starting a new paradigm here. These jobs, organizations, and systems are dying and for the most part aren't ever coming back. We will need to find a new system in order to survive. And, the optimist in me thinks the younger generation isn't going to take this BS like previous generations have.

--sjkted

MariaDine
25th August 2010, 00:48
No cross threads........it was a joke ! Sorry Rimbaud ................ Portuguese humor is a bit different from the english /american /canadian/ australian/ south african humor ;)

Rimbaud
25th August 2010, 01:01
Indeed it is the youth that will save this. Aside from the information on Indigo children and the new generation and all of the BS and changes this generation is having to put up with, there's another piece of information that always sticks with me. They are receiving no benefits. Think of all of the standard things one would do after finishing high school and college in the '70s. You get a job, buy a house, get married. The job comes with enough money to pay the mortgage, 2-3 weeks of vacation, health insurance for the family -- enough for a middle class lifestyle. Today, there are people with advanced degrees who are looking for minimum-wage jobs and the unemployment rate in US for 18-30 years old is about 25% - 40% depending on who you believe. The kids who are just getting out of college right now will not find a job easily. They won't find that "middle-class job" like mom and dad did. They won't be able to "work up the ladder". And, I don't see any of them accepting that they have to bail out the previous generation(s) who royally screwed them over.

Folks, we're starting a new paradigm here. These jobs, organizations, and systems are dying and for the most part aren't ever coming back. We will need to find a new system in order to survive. And, the optimist in me thinks the younger generation isn't going to take this BS like previous generations have.

--sjkted

sjkted

You're spot on with my point of view..however if no new paradigm appears then we'll simply have to look after ourselves and get on with whatever life is thrown at us...our ancestors did it and managed very well..that's why we're all here after all..We can all do the same; just by being stalwart and brave. Live life today and fear death next week..and have some fun in the interim.

God Bless

Rimbaud

Rimbaud
25th August 2010, 01:04
No cross threads........it was a joke ! Sorry Rimbaud ................ Portuguese humor is a bit different from the english /american /canadian/ australian/ south african humor ;)

Well, your "wind up" was funny in any language...I do have a sense of humour you know! Goodnight Maria X

TigaHawk
25th August 2010, 02:07
I vote because i have too. I will get a fine if i do not vote.

However to counter this, i nullify/invalidate my vote.

Reasonings behind this is, i dont want any of the clowns they've given me the choice of to run this country, all of them are corrupt selfish uncaring bastards (in my own opinion)

If there was an option to vote that i'd prefer none of them i'd gladly tick that.

Hell, if there was that option there i have no doubts we'd have all voted for that and the country would be leaderless right now untill they sort something out :P

But yes, i vote because i must, but i invalidate my votes as i dont want my vote going to someone whom i do not like.

(In australia, they do voting dogy. IE say you ahve 4 parties. Liberal, Labor, Greens and the Sex party... We both know that the Grens and the Sex party are little contestors, and say the Greens are friend with liberal and the Sex party is friends with Labor. All votes given to the little guys get transferred to the bigger parties if theier not in the running of being the top 2 contenders)

so yeah...

sjkted
25th August 2010, 02:31
Have you seen this film yet....? I think you will enjoy it because it although it is very
watchable and funny....there is also a powerful political message flowing through it..
I watched it on Sunday and I think it's brilliant. It has an extra-terrestrial theme...
but I think it reflects the kind of world you would like to see come into being....

This is the first part of 9....and IMO best watched on full screen....I really hope you
have the time and inclination to watch it....

qPMfzToE_n0

Jaybee: Thanks for sending this. It put a big smile on my face. And, really I doubt it's very far off from the truth.

--sjkted

jaybee
25th August 2010, 08:52
Jaybee: Thanks for sending this. It put a big smile on my face. And, really I doubt it's very far off from the truth.

--sjkted

You're welcome....I'm glad you enjoyed it.....imagine if this was shown on main stream media all over the world !!!!!

morguana
25th August 2010, 10:09
a beautifull vid jaybee, really enjoyed it, many thanks for shareing
love
m x

and yes i do vote, i know its not a perfect system and would love to see proportional representation (http://www.politics.co.uk/briefings-guides/issue-briefs/legal-and-constitutional/proportional-representation-$366642.htm)
being the way we vote in the uk.........here is a slide show of the different systems employed in other countries.......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/slideshow/proportional_representation/default.stm

jaybee
25th August 2010, 13:35
a beautifull vid jaybee, really enjoyed it, many thanks for shareing
love
m x

You are more than welcome Morguana x x x

And thanks for the feedback....:hug:

Teakai
26th August 2010, 01:40
I vote because i have too. I will get a fine if i do not vote.

However to counter this, i nullify/invalidate my vote.

Reasonings behind this is, i dont want any of the clowns they've given me the choice of to run this country, all of them are corrupt selfish uncaring bastards (in my own opinion)

If there was an option to vote that i'd prefer none of them i'd gladly tick that.

Hell, if there was that option there i have no doubts we'd have all voted for that and the country would be leaderless right now untill they sort something out :P

But yes, i vote because i must, but i invalidate my votes as i dont want my vote going to someone whom i do not like.

(In australia, they do voting dogy. IE say you ahve 4 parties. Liberal, Labor, Greens and the Sex party... We both know that the Grens and the Sex party are little contestors, and say the Greens are friend with liberal and the Sex party is friends with Labor. All votes given to the little guys get transferred to the bigger parties if theier not in the running of being the top 2 contenders)

so yeah...

That's what I did this time. I heard yesterday that last year 1% of people did this - this year it was something like 5%.

TigaHawk
26th August 2010, 03:04
That's what I did this time. I heard yesterday that last year 1% of people did this - this year it was something like 5%.

Exactly.

I bet we'd have 20% or more if they put a "i dont want ANY of these to lead my country"

Fredkc
26th August 2010, 04:27
Tiga;
In my opinion Ralph Nader is not the guy I want leading our country.
But he did come up with one fantastic idea:
A Constitutional amendment requiring the ballot for every federal post to have an additional line for each office...
None Of The Above! :)

And yes I do vote.
I write in Ron Paul's name for President every time, and will continue to do so until one of us is dead.
I consistently vote for anyone running against either of my Sentaors, AND my Congressman.
three more self-serving louts I have rarely met.
Fred

Steven
26th August 2010, 12:39
I don't vote and encourage everyone in refusing to do this. It is true that voting has been fought for in the past. But now, it has been ridiculized to the point where voting is participating into a grand scheme of mass manipulation.

The ONLY reason for me to vote, is when I can vote for an independant party, out of the hands of the manipulators.

If the people of the Earth stop voting for the official parties, the message sent would be strong, the corrum necessary to put a party in power wouldn't be reached and then, we will be listened. Because unfortunatly, voting isn't using our power to decide in the light of good information, but rather to give power to hidden people with no concern for the mass, the planets and all life from it.

Namaste, Steven

wynderer
26th August 2010, 12:51
in the '70s, i think it was -- i voted for a presidential candidate who won the popular vote in the state i was living in -- the Electoral College then gave the votes to the opposing candidate

haven't read the whole thread, but maybe someone else has touched on the documented fraud & outright theft of elections in some states -- & in countries around the world, recently & in the more distant past

elections i see as a dog & pony show to keep the masses occupied, while the plans for massive population reduction are being quietly carried out

maybe local elections do matter, tho

Rimbaud
30th August 2010, 00:04
I don't vote and encourage everyone in refusing to do this. It is true that voting has been fought for in the past. But now, it has been ridiculized to the point where voting is participating into a grand scheme of mass manipulation.

The ONLY reason for me to vote, is when I can vote for an independant party, out of the hands of the manipulators.

If the people of the Earth stop voting for the official parties, the message sent would be strong, the corrum necessary to put a party in power wouldn't be reached and then, we will be listened. Because unfortunatly, voting isn't using our power to decide in the light of good information, but rather to give power to hidden people with no concern for the mass, the planets and all life from it.

Namaste, Steven

I don't believe in anarchy however...I just wait for the "new" paradigm that we all wish for..a time when all "Party" politics and especially professional Politicians suddenly become obsolete.

Rimbaud

xbusymom
3rd November 2010, 04:59
I voted today, and i am sooo mad...

I asked for a paper ballot- and was told "informed of the LAW" that paper ballots are only for handicapped people that can't get out of their cars, and If I insist on a PROVISIONAL paper ballot- it would be reviewed and may be judged as inappropriate and invalid...

ARRRGH...

and this information came from the chairman of the district - (and get this)he said (and I quote ) "I am instructed to say that all these voting machines are in excellent working order". He told me this as not even 3 minutes after I overheard him tell the lady site supervisor that there were problems with the electronic roster system...

Lost Soul
3rd November 2010, 05:12
I voted and most everyone I voted for will lose. Most folks can't get off the one-party democrat/republican tag-team ballot and vote third party.

truthseekerdan
3rd November 2010, 15:42
Here is why I don't vote...:wink:

A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen.
- Winston Churchill

Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.
- Will Rogers

Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.
- Richard Armour

Why are politics and a pond similar? Because the scum always floats to the top in both!
- Linda McDonald

Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.
- Anonymous

What is conservatism? Is it not the adherence to the old and tried against the new and untried?
- Abraham Lincoln

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
- Plato

Priests are no more necessary to religion than politicians to patriotism.
- John Haynes

Men say I am a saint losing himself in politics. The fact is that I am a politician trying my hardest to become a saint.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Get thee glass eyes, And, like a scurvy politician, seem To see the things thou dost not.
- William Shakespeare

On both sides of a war, how many mothers must face the death of their sons because a politician will not face the death of one misguided opinion?
- Laura Teresa Marquez

Political language. . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
- George Orwell

Politics: Poli a Latin word meaning many; and "tics" meaning bloodsucking creatures.
- Robin Williams

Peace of Mind
3rd November 2010, 19:22
Nice quotes Dan, I love this place....

The pressure to get people to vote is part of their cleverly designed plan. Voting is just another way to get people to displace their power. Poli-tricks have been around for eons and I suspect the rise in awareness is one of the main reasons people are being pressured more to exercise their rights to vote. It’s a trick to get you to allow the candidates/governments to take your power and use it the way they see fit. All politicians campaign about the same issues but year after year the issues still exist and in most cases become worse.

Promise, promises, promises is all you’ll hear until they are voted in. Once these figure heads are finally in the position of power… they always become dumbfounded about the true state of our situations and spend the rest of their term unsuccessfully trying to get anything of great importance done…all the while your tax money is pocketed and the economy and quality of life steadily declines.

I knew when Barack became a candidate tptb was going to create more division amongst the masses by using Obama. These times are crucial, tptb knows this already. They don’t want everyone on the same page. They want chaos and discord…its how they feed, how they function. Think about it. Every thing on the TV, Radio is about suffering. This only aids the slick poli-trickians by using planed out events, shows, and the suffering to their advantage. I thought the Prez had the power to do basically what he wanted….like Bush did. But, I see now that’s a lie because all Obama has ever done in office was struggle to get bills passed…then turned down…time after time. This was planned BS from day 1. This was a devious low down plot to cause disharmony and racism. They use political parties, culture, color, money, sports, everthing... to divide and conquer.

They don’t want the populace to know they are equal and of one. They want negative energy to feed off of and will use every outlet to see that it happens. We are just too conditioned to realize how our way of living was designed to be just like this. So sad, because humans are too remarkable and have the ability to create anything imaginable; our problem is we let others tell us what to create…then become upset because we have to deal with it. The fear of exercising our free will is the real injustice. As adults, we have been taught to fear everything.....but if you pay attention to children, they are actually fearless, they are taught to have fear. We need to get back to our natural selves, ASAP.

After recently seeing all the evil candidates so cleverly spread out over all parties this year, I’m convinced that voting is just another way to sway the masses into being powerless and frustrated. Get rid of the system then you get rid of the problem. It’s all a con that we agreed to have placed upon us…and until we recognize this and nip it in the bud…it will only get worse…that’s just common sense, but then again, common sense is not common…not when you depend on others to think and do for you. Just imagine a world where everyone stopped whining and did what they suppose to…Our governments were meant to create strife, haves and have not’s, greed, famine, ego, arrogance, idiocy, materialism, separation..…control.
How can we move forward when the evidence shows us that this is what we truly wanted?

Peace

rosie
3rd November 2010, 19:34
Well, as I have not been watching the T.V. or reading newspapers about news, I totally missed our own little election in Southern Ontario. I was pleasantly surprised that my focus missed all this fuss about the elections, it must have been on more important items, such as surviving these down times, and just taking care of every day living.

I did find out through through family, that a young man did get in for our mayor here, he has grass root connections, not that it will do him any good if he should choose to take on the "wolfs". He will be gobbled up as soon as he starts working for us, and not them. This is a given.

Note: I have intentionally not voted on the last elections, and will not in the future, my energy can be used for more important actions, hopefully all for good.

in love & light :wub: