PDA

View Full Version : Is this the way in ?

loveoneanother
8th September 2012, 18:19
Hello everybody.....my name is William and this is my first thread since joining the site recently :wave:

I've been reading the forums for a couple of months as a non-member, familiarising myself with the Avalonian family and all the various subjects that are brought to the 'round' table and i have to say it is all very interesting if not a little intimidating at times.

(I don't know if you are aware of this but it really is very difficult for a simple soul like myself to join in the discussions even though i feel i have awakened to my own reality in my own small way.)

Much of what i have read on this site is a real insight for me into the broad range of diverse experiences that we all go through on our journeys yet there is a small part of me that is wondering if communicating these experiences in this way hasn't become a new type of 'entertainment' or 'inter(net)tainment' for me.

I feel i tend to look at and read a lot of material looking for that 'temporary' lifting of the spirit that comes when i find something that mirrors my own experiences. I think for me it's a form of re-assurement which helps me to understand that i'm not alone dealing with what happened to me and that there are others who have had similar experiences. (This 'temporary' uplifting of the spirit begins to dissipate once i switch off the computer!)

As this is my first post on the site i will leave it there because i'm a little nervous and slightly cautious about how i will be received ? (this wasn't made any easier when i found out i'm only a provisional member until it can be established whether i will fit into the site or not.....yikes !)

I hope to be given the opportunity to share some more of my simplistic thoughts with everyone and if anyone would like to offer me any helpful advice please feel free to give it.

(In the spirit of give and take and having taken up your time getting this far, can i offer you this in return for your patience.....Can someone go to the 'Solar Activity, Reports and Discussions' forum, open the thread Pick of the Week : 'going the distance' and click on the link showing at the end of the explanatory sentence. Is it just me or is there a face in the blue square ?)

Thanks for reading and i am trying to remember to BE LOVE no matter what surprises life throws at me :wave:

shadowstalker
8th September 2012, 18:57
Welcome to Avalon, and don't be nervous just have at it :welcome:

Mark
8th September 2012, 20:26
Yes, we are kind of a family, arent we .... a bit disfunctional, as with most families if not all, but some sort of kinfolk anyway. Alternative, spiritual, conspiratorial, a family held together by wonder and curiosity. Welcome to the tribe. Looking forward to your contributions.

TelosianEmbrace
8th September 2012, 23:01
It's so good to have you here, William. You have a refreshing presence that helps me to reflect upon my own input into Project Avalon. There is sooo much to be learnt here, and some threads would take days or weeks to study and decipher. Each of us have our own specialties, our own strengths, and dare I say it, our own weaknesses as well. Perhaps the underlying principle, which you already seem to have well in hand, is to treat each other with respect. This, more than any other factor, sets the PA forum apart from most or all others.

I wouldn't be too scared about being a probationary member. There have been some very well established members that have got the boot too, you know! :lever:

Enjoy!

Deega
8th September 2012, 23:21
Thanks Loveoneanother, a loving welcome for you!

It ain't that long ago that I was doing the same, but, hey!, what a great learning process it's been all alone!

If you stick around for a while, you will be nourished spiritually by the great members here.

All the best to you.

RunningDeer
9th September 2012, 00:34
Hello William, these welcome balloons are for you! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/balloons-smiley.gif?1292867552

Peace,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer :wave:

jjjones
9th September 2012, 00:50
william, welcome, come on in and relax ! looking forward to your input and learning from you. Namaste, peace and love universally :)

anklebiter
9th September 2012, 01:05
Welcome William!

Please come back often, and by all means - join in.

bennycog
9th September 2012, 01:47
hey LOA can i change your nick to loan love one another now :) would be easier when referring to you..
welcome to avalon and here is your pic that you would like to discuss..
probably see a few faces in here.. but i can see faces in anything :)

http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/old/07sep2012/goingthedistance_med.jpg

CivilDawn
9th September 2012, 04:38
You have your own unique lens that everyone can learn from, as does everyone else on the forum.

As this is my first post on the site i will leave it there because i'm a little nervous and slightly cautious about how i will be received ?(this wasn't made any easier when i found out i'm only a provisional member until it can be established whether i will fit into the site or not.....yikes !)

Fear is not the problem and getting rid of fear is not the solution. It's our response to our fear that will make or break us. You can choose to release your fear of rejection, and I hope you do kind sir.

loveoneanother
10th September 2012, 14:42
Thank you very much for the warm welcome :grouphug:

If it is ok with everyone what i would like to do is spend a little time getting to know some of you a little better. I think it would be easy for me to look for every opportunity on this site to voice my thoughts and opinions when the truth is, i'm more interested in each one of you.

When i was going through my own awakening to my spiritual identity i bombarded anyone who would listen with all the amazing things that were happening to me. What i didn't have the wisdom to understand at the time was that the mind is a fragile thing and everyone has their mental boundary beyond which you cannot push. What i learned the hard way was the more i shared my experiences with those around me the further away from them it pushed me. I believed that by sharing my experiences i was helping to shine some of the spiritual light into their lives but this turned out not to be the case. I think what it did was shine the light on the spiritual ignorance that was still in my own life !

It was suggested on more than one occasion that i go find others who were 'like me' but that thought never really sat comfortably with me. For some reason i always felt more drawn to those who hadn't discovered their spiritual identities and then trying to work out what i could do to help them to discover it.

I feel i am at that point in my life where i need to be among more like-minded people and that is why i have chosen to join this site. I think my mental boundary has been pushed far enough to take onboard most things even if i don't completely understand a lot of it.

I find people endlessly fascinating and i look forward to making some of your acquaintances. (I have already made a start getting to know some of you by reading back through some of the previous posts of members who posted a reply onto the thread and i'm thoroughly enjoying going back and sharing some of your journeys with you.)

Thank you all again for the welcome :grouphug:

4evrneo
10th September 2012, 21:52
Welcome William,
I too was very imtimidated at first and thought I wouldnt be able to contribute or engage well with others. (Im a bit shy) I havent been here long and I feel so at home now.
Im happy you took the plunge and I look forward to getting to know you : )
Blessings,
Annette

conk
11th September 2012, 16:00
Welcome! Hope you stay around for a while.

Don't look for temporal and temporary means to boost your mood. Elevating your spirit utilizing things, people, or ideas may result in eventual disappointment. When these things change or disappear, so does your good feeling. Be in constant amazement that you are a magnificent splinter of the grand awareness that is the one god. Always be conscious of this and don't let the mundane realities of the illusory matrix befuddle you. Happiness lies in simply being and knowing.

In love, with blessings,

Conk

Mark
11th September 2012, 16:13
I appreciate your approach, LOA. It's always good to know who you're dealing with.

Regarding your reason for joining, I'm sure you'll find a greater amount of diversity here and experiences you've ever even dreamed of encountering in your waking life. PA is home to many who have what are literally out-of-this-world life experiences. But, they, we, all have these experiences within the context of a shared human experience, which binds us together in space and time as that spiritual family that I mentioned earlier. Folks here are at every level of intellectual and spiritual development so there is quite a bit of deviation around whatever mean exists here and things have been quite interesting as 2012 has developed, so you've come at a great time.

I'm curious to know what it is that you've shared with others that have them telling you that you need to go find other people like yourself?

loveoneanother
12th September 2012, 12:34
Sorry everyone for being so slow in posting. The sea and the marine environment provides for my needs and my daily activity is regulated by the tides and its ebb and flow. The tide comes in and goes out four times in a twenty-four hour cycle where i live and sometimes i am out during the day, sometimes at night and sometimes both dependent of course on what mood Mother Nature is in ! ( I really like what i do and i've been living this way for so long now it has become like breathing.....the tide comes in.....i breathe in.....the tide goes out.....i breathe out. I think all of you will understand me when i say i need to breathe :nod: )

My spirit has been so uplifted by the welcome you have given me and the contact i have had with some of you and i am going as quickly as i can, learning as much as i can about each one of you. It's a huge mountain to climb and you only have to look at each persons post count to see the challenge that lays ahead of me but it's a mountain i'm determined to climb. I'm sure many of the thoughts i have will be developed further as i continue to read your threads and posts but there are some thoughts i'm having which i haven't seen talked about yet. (Maybe someone has had similar thoughts on the same idea and can help me understand them more ?).

I think because i'm new to the site and having just recently signed 'The Pledge' supporting the values laid out in the Round Table section, i've been meditating on those aspirations and how those aspirations might be fulfilled. I hope you don't mind but i've copied "The Pledge' to remind myself what it says :

The Avalon Round Table

We invite you to join our stand for the Future of Planet Earth and the Human Race.

Being of sound mind, heart and spirit, we each declare the following to be true:

We stand together for the future of the Human Race.

We will not tolerate suppression of the truth.

We stand together to support others in the expression of truths and freedom to speak out... no matter how radical those ideas may seem.

Standing for freedom takes courage; together we shall be strong in the face of all odds.

We will do everything we can to work towards the establishment of a new way of living together on Planet Earth.

I'm sure there are many many hours of discussion that has already been had concerning this pledge so i can only belatedly scratch at the surface of it but what i would like to do, with your permission (remembering i am still a 'guest' in your house) is to take a tiny piece of the possibilities that lie within to see where it might lead.

I live in England and everywhere you look there are physical structures that are a testament to people's past and present connection with the spiritual (i'm thinking churches, temples, standing stones and things like pyramids in other countries etc). I was wondering what structure, if any, you see in a future Earth that would be acceptable as a representation of humanity's connection to the spiritual or do you think there will be no need of any type of structure at all ?

On a more personal note, i am aware of the need for balance in most things and the etiquette of give and take and i will try my best to make a positive contribution to the forums and the site (my own personal pledge). I'm still a little uncertain talking about some of my experiences on an open forum (and not helped by the fact that i haven't yet come across anyone else talking about similar experiences ) but hopefully that will come.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a love-filled day and i'm looking forward to speaking with you again soon :grouphug:

(If anyone is finding my username too long please feel free to use my real name William.)

bennycog
14th September 2012, 08:31
tide in and breath in. its ok for an analogy.. i always look at things like the tide going in and out is because of the moon.. it is what we are taught.. and what we are finding out through the theoretical alternitive is that the moon was placed here to help with the life on the planet and as a port i guess..
so could i look at breathing in some same way? not yet would have to study a little more on that lol

you said you wanted to find out little things about us before moving in :) random benny thought there...