PDA

View Full Version : The Sky's NOT the Limit!

TelosianEmbrace
11th September 2012, 10:58
Ever since I was a little boy I looked up into the sky and wondered how to reach the stars. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum that has entertained such thoughts. I got told I had to become an astronaut, and that it was extremely expensive and highly technical. That is why I so enjoy the following stories of ordinary people on tiny budgets sending cameras more than twenty miles up into the Earth's stratosphere.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200559/Adam-Cudworth-Student-takes-stunning-snaps-space-using-30-second-hand-camera-balloon.html

There are a few videos on youtube of similar endeavours. Here is Pacific Star II.

c4dWZODKQ2o

And here is the flight of a toy robot!

ZCAnLxRvNNc

One possible modification I was thinking of was using multiple balloons, each inflated to a lesser extent, so that when the original popped the others would still be expanding to full capacity and able to carry the unit higher. But then I came across a diagram that shows that at a height of approximately 100km the temperature in the thermosphere skyrockets to hundreds of degrees celsius anyway, which would fry everything. Still, there must be a way to go higher than has been gone before...

Lifebringer
11th September 2012, 12:10
At 3:40 pay attention to the blue backround object behind the sun and numerous other colors and shapes.At 3:44 there is a large shape on the right in the /earth's horizon. Interesting, it looks like Herculobus the blue Kachina star. IDK, but it's quite beautiful, and I've never trusted the local news cartoons computer assymilations that pass for weather. I've always wanted to see the planet as a whole by satelite, but the government won't let that happen unless they are in on what you are doing by installing cookies at certain public paid for sites.

Thanks.

sirdipswitch
11th September 2012, 22:53
TelosianEmbrace

Ever since I was a little boy I looked up into the sky and wondered how to reach the stars.

Wonder no more, just Go Astral, commune with your high Self/Source, and together with HS, you can explore the Universe, to your hearts content.

Check out the Adventures Beyond The Body thread, under Spirituality, and learn all you need to know.

Love, Peace, Humor
sirdipswitch

TelosianEmbrace
12th September 2012, 02:10
Thanks, sirdipswitch. I have already induced a conscious OBE two decades ago and went through a period of intense meditation and astral experiences. But that was just a phase, and I returned to a more mundane/grounded and less 'ethereal' existence. I would sincerely like to have the time and be able to withdraw from society to cultivate more spiritual experiences, but that seems not to be my path at this point in time.

I was also thinking that there may have been some to suggest that we aren't so far off publicly attaining flying saucer technology, and travelling into space would become a doddle.

Here's another thought- to somehow be able to stabilise the altitude of the balloon, to keep it at say twenty miles up, with the camera pointed towards the heavens- with that superior viewpoint, what could be seen? More UFO's? Or, as Lifebringer suggested, more celestial activity of one sort or another that is filtered from common consumption?

eni-al
13th September 2012, 01:46
I don't think you could stabilise the balloon for any amount of time besides using a pressure valve, set fairly sensitive to release more of the gas inside than the balloon can climb, but not for long, a minute or two perhaps in a frame of metres, depending on what's hooked on the end and balloon size.

This kind of thing would be really exciting to do, if you got the money to set up some tech, a live stream could use satellite internet connection, both data and images and video, use it to control any devices on-board.

At 3:40 pay attention to the blue backround object behind the sun and numerous other colors and shapes.At 3:44 there is a large shape on the right in the /earth's horizon. Interesting, it looks like Herculobus the blue Kachina star.
If I was looking at the right time and place, that may just be the lens flare from the sun.