PDA

View Full Version : Questions about government mosquito spraying being done in my area.

DNA
24th September 2012, 10:44
It's 334am right now. About two hours ago, I heard a strange contraption driving down my street. I looked out the window and there before my eyes was a city vehicle spraying bug poison. Man this pisses me off. To back up my suspicions I went online and found this article. Maricopa county campaign to fight mosquitos underway (http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2012/06/27/20120627maricopa-county-campaign-fight-mosquitoes-under-way.html)

I read the article, and the whole thing is an attempt to combat the west nile virus.
Now, I have got to say, I have never really bought the whole west nile virus story.
I just haven't.

Is it possible this whole west nile virus story is being blown out of proportion?
And am I wrong in not wanting the stated pesticide of choice Zenivex E4 sprayed in my area? And how do I know that's really what it is?

I went to this county website, and sure enough, my area is being sprayed. Maricopa county west nile virus (http://maricopa.gov/wnv/)

Anyone have any advice?
Have I been second guessing things for so long that I'm making more out of this than what it is?

PurpleLama
24th September 2012, 11:21
I came down with a mysterious illness in '06, that the doctors said was west nile. Here in MS, I don't remember a time when the skeeter trucks didn't run, and the health dept has been in trouble a few times since '06 for covering up the cases of the virus. IIRC, the head of the health dept had to resign over the unreported cases the following year. Nowadays, I've fully recovered my health mostly through different food/nutritional choices, paying attention to the body's pH, that sort of thing. I don't believe the virus poses any risk to anyone who would take steps to prevent suceptibility. That summer when I got sick, I'd been spending way too much time hanging out on the porch, drinking beer with an alcoholic roommate. I'm really not sure the skeeter trucks are in any way effective in the reduction of mosquito populations.

AriG
24th September 2012, 14:17
Is it possible this whole west nile virus story is being blown out of proportion?

Yes

And am I wrong in not wanting the stated pesticide of choice Zenivex E4 sprayed in my area?

No

And how do I know that's really what it is? No

I went to this county website, and sure enough, my area is being sprayed. Maricopa county west nile virus (http://maricopa.gov/wnv/)

Anyone have any advice?

Start an on line petition through social media. Keep your windows closed and take any affected plants to an independent lab for testing

Have I been second guessing things for so long that I'm making more out of this than what it is?No. When is the last time you observed chemtrails in your area?

GoodETxSG
24th September 2012, 14:41
Same here,
In N Dallas (Richardson/Garland) they have been spraying like crazy. It has been really hot for some time so my kids didn't want to go outside anyway... but I have been keeping them inside. That is pretty much the only power I have over the situation. Who knows what is being sprayed for sure, but if it is meant to kill mosquito's and their larva then it cannot be good for our health and DNA. Just my 2 cents.
In other words... "I hear ya".

Arrowwind
24th September 2012, 15:12
Personally, I think that the West Nile virus is quite real and has been spreading across the nation over the course of 15 or 20 years or so. Vets have been dealing with it more than regular doctors in some areas.

They have had a few cases of west nile in my neck of the woods,,, well about 100 miles away, and they were quite real cases in my estimation as friends knew two of the victims, who all survived. Maybe about 13 cases for the state, and horses are one domestic animal that sometimes get it and there have been several of those cases too. They have a vaccine for horses but not people.

They spray in my neighborhood as we have a lot of rivers and irrigation ditches around and they have been spraying for years and years here. but we can request that they dont spray on the road that goes past our house or on our property. Other neighbors have them drive in and srpay all through their property. Either way its been a low count mosquito year, while other insects seem normal, especially the bees have been abundant. Last year was a high count mosquito year and no changes in the spraying were made. I think there are a number of factors that affect mosquito populations... and surely we would have a ton with our ponds and pasture if it were to be a high count year... so dont associate spraying with low mosquito counts cause it just aint so.

So I dont know how it is in your area but I can request that my land not be sprayed and they have followed through on that. But here in my neighbor hood if the city, county or state does not do what is requested they are likely to meet up with property owners pointing shotguns if they come near ;)

With west nile there are two things you can do... keep MMS1 on hand and keep lipsomal vitamin c on hand.. You cant do them at the same time as the c will destroy the MMS but it is good to have two options. Either one should take care of it if you should get it. IV vitamin c has cured a dealthy case of the bird flu in New Zealand... so Im confident it would take care of this, but it must be lipsomal or by IV.