PDA

View Full Version : "eat sh*t and die" - only in America

Snoweagle
4th October 2012, 10:08
Sh*tstorm: Arizona's Bizarre New Use for Human Waste
Three cheers for Americaís innovative capitalists, who are leading the world in sh*t.
October 2, 2012

This article was published in collaboration with GlobalPossibilities.org.

Winter brings wonderland dreams of pristine, snow-covered landscapes. At the Arizona Snowbowl resort, you can ski on it. You can sip hot chocolate gazing upon it. You can even get married on it.

But you might not want to make snow cones out of it. Because this year at Snowbowl, that twinkling white powder will be made from human sewage.
. . .
If thatís not horrible enough, the mountain is sacred to Native Americans, who are outraged over its desecration. Navajo Klee Benally has spent years fighting the resortís expansion. But in February, a federal appeals court ruled in favor the plans, which had been opposed by 13 Native American tribes and environmental groups.

enjoy
http://www.alternet.org/environment/shtstorm-arizonas-bizarre-new-use-human-waste?akid=9482.313966.PjAo5W&rd=1&src=newsletter721070&t=7

http://globalpossibilities.org/

n.cangiano
4th October 2012, 10:40
WOW, i really hope that is a "bullish*t" story.

Nanoo Nanoo
4th October 2012, 10:48
Well Mc Donalds burgers are probably made from the same stuff and we humans eat it by the bucket load :-)

Its fun to be part of the poop loop :-)

Burrrp!

N

Sidney
4th October 2012, 15:25
Gawd, that is the biggest load of CRAP I have ever heard. Our world is just surreal.

nurgle
4th October 2012, 16:14
I lived in Flagstaff AZ right when this idea came out in I think in 2005?, Natives where doing protest up on the mountain to try to stop it. The water is so precious in that area, that the PTB didn't want to waste it making snow for there fancy ski slopes, but they still wanted to ski, so they can just reclaim waste water and make waste snow. Cover your mouth if you crash! :)

-be safe

Referee
5th October 2012, 05:42
Well I will speak from an environmental scientists point of view. This is gross however, this could have some good benifits in the long run (as long as people do not get sick). In the spring when the snow melts it could be very benificial to the area in whcsh it drains returning many nutrients to the ecosystem. Much like fertilizing a farm with cow droppings etc.

Christine Breese
5th October 2012, 06:28
Eh! I hear there's a lot of crap that goes down at the Crapitol! (said standing in front of the Capitol Building)