PDA

View Full Version : Car To A Cow

Fred Steeves
5th October 2012, 14:40
Sounds silly, doesn't it? Car to a cow. Let me tell a quick story, elaborate, and then you'll see the method to my madness. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

A dozen or so years ago, I was on the small carpentry crew that was building the roof on a good size nursing home, about 1 1/2 hours south of where I lived at the time. With 3 hours in total travel time each day, we carpooled often and would get a very early start. Always well on the highway by 6:00 AM.

The interstate outside the city is still pretty desolate in the dawning hour, and right as dawns early light was peeking out through the fog each morning, about an hour into the drive, was a series of cow pastures off to the right.

Right at about this point was where the coffee was really kicking in for the traveling construction workers, and we had finished with passing around the first peace pipe offering of the day. After haphazzardly seeing these cows standing around in the morning mist every day for some time, someone pointed out that they don't notice the cars on the road.

Well, they don't. http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif So not more than a few days after this earth shattering revelation had been thoroughly discussed, and duly noted by the three imaginative carpenters, we had to deal with some hard ass inspector on the job, who just would not/could not see where he was mistaken in red flagging an inspection.

The next morning the talk was about just that, as we passed by the pastures. Right as the boss was explaining how dense this inspector was once again, he glanced over at the cows staring blankly through us, and said: "Talking sense to that guy is like pointing out a car to a cow". Presto!!! And just like that, a legend was born.

All these years later, on the occassion when my wife and I are dealing with someone who just cannot for the life of them comprehend something seemingly basic, I'll turn to her and whisper: "Car to a cow"(LOL)

Now to bring it on home. There's a lot of talk here on and off about how to wake sleeping people up. Except for just simple things spoken in passing, that the person may be left to mull over on their own(or not), trying to point Avalon type topics out to the typical person is like pointing out a car to a cow. I'm not making fun here either, because 4 years ago I was also one of those "cows" standing there in the morning mist, blankly staring through the "cars" passing by.

Now to take this one step further, how about a reality check shall we? For those of us here who may feel we have got a firm grasp on "things", and have the inside scoop on what's REALLY going on, may I invite you to look yourself in the mirror every day, and wonder the following: "What am I missing, right this very minute, like a car to a cow?" http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Think about it...

Cheers,
Fred

sleepy
5th October 2012, 14:52
Ixxxxx xxxxxx

4evrneo
5th October 2012, 15:13
Ah Fred !
Very perfect timing !
I was saying just that the other morning. Both my kids had lost thier job within 2 days of each other, so I now have the only income. I knew I had to move within 30 days because I just cant afford 1100 a month rent by myself with all my other bills.
After stressing all week, worrying about moving and if I will be able to find a place before the end of the month. I woke up feeling completely "off". So I asked myself, what am I missing?
The answer came pretty clear about ten minutes later while sitting outside having my coffee. BIG LIGHTBULB WENT OFF !
My answer was "stop resisting the universe" ! So, there it was, I was the cow not seeing the car.
That day I just trusted that this needed to happen and that it was to get me in a better place. The universe responded and I feel peace again.

Moving in three weeks : )
Thanks for your post and story,

Blessings,
Annette
:wave:

Arrowwind
5th October 2012, 15:19
look yourself in the mirror every day, and wonder the following: "What am I missing, right this very minute, like a car to a cow?" http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Think about itCheers,
Fred

...:cow: Geesh Fred. Dont give me a headache first thing in the morning. there are way to many cars and cows around here to figure out. what you keep looking for you ususally find.

scanner
5th October 2012, 15:26
Ah Fred !
Very perfect timing !
I was saying just that the other morning. Both my kids had lost thier job within 2 days of each other, so I now have the only income. I knew I had to move within 30 days because I just cant afford 1100 a month rent by myself with all my other bills.
After stressing all week, worrying about moving and if I will be able to find a place before the end of the month. I woke up feeling completely "off". So I asked myself, what am I missing?
The answer came pretty clear about ten minutes later while sitting outside having my coffee. BIG LIGHTBULB WENT OFF !
My answer was "stop resisting the universe" ! So, there it was, I was the cow not seeing the car.
That day I just trusted that this needed to happen and that it was to get me in a better place. The universe responded and I feel peace again.

Blessings,
Annette
:wave:I love both your stories . I hope you got what you were looking for Annette and your kids will get other jobs . The other one to go with this , is the 1000 yard stare . I've seem it many times and gave up trying to educate any further , wasting time move on .

InTheBackground
5th October 2012, 15:33
Fred, your posts always make me stop for a moment and smile. Thank you for the smile today. :)

Kryztian
5th October 2012, 15:34
One thing I would say is that honking your horn too loudly doesn't always get the cows attention. They quickly learn to ignore you.

My feeling is that you must treat everyone differently when you talk to them. Remember, those of us whom come to this forum, we've gone WAY, WAY DOWN the rabbit hole. You can only point the path to other people and only expect them to make baby steps in the right direction. Don't expect anyone to come to your level from just one or two or thirty conversations - if you try to instantly yank them down to the level you are at they will pull back and close themselves off to "crazy ideas". If you see them budge even a tiny bit from the current position, see that they are just a little unsure about their old views, you should give your self a pat on the back and realize that you've got them started on a path and they are going to continue that path even when you are not there.

We Avalonians all need to help wake people up, but remember that REALITY is helping us do it too.

sirdipswitch
5th October 2012, 17:49
Excellent annalogy Fred. Fits perfect. I like to call them sleepers. When you're talking with someone and their eyes just go dead and glassy, you might as well just give it up and quit talkin, cuz they ain't comprehending anything you're saying. It's like their brain just turns off. ccc.

Kryztian... I asked a lady one day, how deep down the rabbit hole she wanted to go, and she got this really puzzled look on her face and said: "What rabbit hole?" ccc.

Ya gotta love em, they just don't have a clue... ccc.

Mark
5th October 2012, 18:01
I like this. I've been thinking something similar but from the perspective of a bug trying to figure out the motivations of a human. The whole multi-dimensional thing. Gonna write about it I think.

Gotta go slow if we're gonna share at all. Mandatory.

The eyes glaze, mouth drops open. They interrupt what you're saying to say something to someone else, or make a joke to change the topic, then their eyes start darting around looking for an escape.

That's when you know you've gone a bit too far.

Fred Steeves
5th October 2012, 18:32
That's when you know you've gone a bit too far.

My wife's been getting on me for that Mark, and by god she's right, like usual. The purpose of course is to feel them out to see how far we can go, if anywhere, but it's so easy to slip up and go one step beyond. Here's two quick examples, from two different neighbors while getting to know them after they've moved in.

The husband mentioned something about NASA, and I said oh, you know what NASA stands for right? Never A Straight Answer? Well my answer was a combination pissed off/incredulous look, with a simple "no, I haven't heard that one". Turned out he used to work for NASA, and he's very proud of the fact. Oops!

Was talking to the guy who just moved in next door recently over the fence, and he's a very knowledgeable guy, knows a lot of true history and stuff. Then he wanted to talk about the world's oldest person, that had just turned like 116 or something. Just so happened I was mulling over my then yet to be written "Hidden Knowledge" thread at the time, which talks about ancient wisdom keepers and such. Forgetting that I'm talking to a neighbor, and not someone here, I blurted out that it wouldn't surprise me a bit if there were some people walking this planet currently, who were around during the time of Christ.

Too late now.(LOL) He looks at me, and starts to laugh, stops, and says cautiously "you...are kidding...right?" Uh oh. No choice then but to roll with it. "Yeah sure, why not"? "Are you serious? He says. You REALLY think there are 2,000 year old people walking around"? "Really"? "Seriously"? As he's giving a good eye roll.

You should have heard my wife when I told her about it: "Fredrick! You've GOT to stop doing that! People are going to start REALLY thinking you're weird"!

Oh Well...Maybe I'll strike up a conversation about the Gnostic Archons with someone when I'm walking the dogs this evening. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif Just go all the way.(Kidding)

Mark (Star Mariner)
5th October 2012, 18:36
Cheers Fred, that's a fine analogy for what it's like. So many people (cows) just have no clue, chewing away oblivious to anything outside their microcosmic world.

Trying to make them take notice of what’s going on, to open their minds even to the possibility of a ‘rabbit-hole’, is a daunting and frustrating task. Many I’ve tried to illuminate, with words, with books, the title of particular film of documentary. Sometimes it feels like I’m chipping away at a block of granite with a cocktail-stick. And I’ve learned that no one will yield if they simply don't want to, which is fine. Each at their own pace, I say...

You can point out the path, but you can't walk it for them.

All you can do is hope that one day those cows will lift their heads, take a look at those cars, and be at least curious enough to ask the question.

Mark
5th October 2012, 18:44
Yeh and get your tin foil out to wear in the yard while you're raking leaves.

And a belt worn outside your shirt with batteries taped to it and wires going up to the tin-foil on your head.

You know what I do?

I let them lead and take it where they want. I only broach a topic if they have said something previously about it. Lot of people mention 2012 still. Which opens the door. But I still don't rush through. I ask them what they mean and let them explain their understanding. I may then cautiously poke and prod a bit to get deeper usually only to find out they have the barest rudimentary understanding of some indian calendar or some alignment in the stars. Or something.

And I generally leave it at that. Maybe say, 'I think it might be the earth, sun and the center of the galaxy or something'.

And the door is open. Now, anytime they see you if they've heard some strange stuff or seen something online they're gonna mention it. After a few weeks or months of this they will understand that you have been feeding them slowly and that you have been where they now are. So they will be more prone to ask the right questions as they continue to educate themselves and the information relationship proceeds from then on in a more or less structured manner.

For those who don't want to know, it's easy to tell quickly. They never raise the topics again, or they laugh if they mention something. Laughing with them is what I do. Then I might break a little science down to stop them in their tracks. "Actually everything is energy. Yeh. Even our bodies. Nope. Not solid. No, nothing actually ever touches anything else. Yep. It's physics. Quantum, ever heard of it?"

Mixing the conspiratorial hearsay with some actual real science places you in a different category. You can't be totally dismissed as a whack-job.

You may just be this side of crazy. Which most people are, so it's ok. Makes you interesting and a cool tool to invite to a party or to hang around for a bit at the neighborhood gathering.

Mark (Star Mariner)
5th October 2012, 19:03
Too late now.(LOL) He looks at me, and starts to laugh, stops, and says cautiously "you...are kidding...right?" Uh oh. No choice then but to roll with it. "Yeah sure, why not"? "Are you serious? He says. You REALLY think there are 2,000 year old people walking around"? "Really"? "Seriously"? As he's giving a good eye roll.

Lol Fred. A simple throw-away comment like that really does throw open the gate. Rather than testing the water gently you really did just dive in head-first! Me personally, even though I know of no actual or even storied evidence to suggest that 2,000 year olds are walking the earth, I would be fascinated at once by this comment from a stranger, and respond with, ‘You really think so? I never heard that. Tell me more…’ And that’s an illustration of the real dichotomy between the awake and the sleeping.

In about 1990 when I had just recently snapped ‘awake’ in this life, I was in a bar in a town near where I live sharing a few polite and friendly beers with one of my best friends. He was the sort of guy you could talk to about anything, the sort of guy you could trust with anything, or in the event of causing him to suspend his belief, to give you the benefit of the doubt anyway. He was a mate, right? So you’d expect no less.

Wrong. I made the mistake of not sounding him out first. I went straight to expounding on a theory in UFO research that pointed at the possibility of extra-terrestrial interaction with the governments of the world. Technology exchanges etc. – (the Bob Lazar/Area 51 stuff was a hot topic in the UFO arena at the time).

On conclusion of this tale, met with stunned silence, he finished his beer, stood up and said (and I will never forget these words, it makes me laugh to this day!) “Stupid c**t. If you expect me to believe that, then I just fell off a f***ing Christmas tree and ‘appeared.’”

He promptly left the pub, and I didn’t see him again for approximately 6 months.

Of the car to a cow analogy, (the cruising to the snoozing!) there were in those days far less traffic on the road. I do wonder if he’s looked up yet…

meeradas
5th October 2012, 19:14
Talking 'bout the "most obvious, yet most hidden", many are still in the CtaC - category. Not unlike me.

RunningDeer
5th October 2012, 19:45
"What am I missing right this very minute, like a car to a cow?"

Working hard to make a living is not the same as Living.
Forget the stuff, the accolades, the degrees.

Live Leap Love

"Jazz Cows"
lXKDu6cdXLI

"Mad Bull Singing Opera In Big Sur California"
LFu0WZMTxr0

Fred Steeves
5th October 2012, 21:06
"What am I missing right this very minute, like a car to a cow?"

Working hard to make a living is not the same as Living.
Forget the stuff, the accolades, the degrees.

Live Leap Love

"Jazz Cows"
lXKDu6cdXLI

"Mad Bull Singing Opera In Big Sur California"

LFu0WZMTxr0

Paula, where do you find this stuff? (LOL) The Cow Mensa Society? You're blowing my whole premise with these smarty guys. Besides, I've heard some PEOPLE who can sing as well as that bull.

Cheers,
Fred

RunningDeer
5th October 2012, 21:15
Paula, where do you find this stuff? (LOL) The Cow Mensa Society? You're blowing my whole premise with these smarty guys. Besides, I've heard some PEOPLE who can sing as well as that bull.

Cheers,
Fred

Hey, Fred, somebody had to speak in behalf of our cow critters. :cow:
Longer attention spans than some people I know. Polite, and respectful crowd, too. Ha! :cow:

I did enjoy your story. :cow:

Hip-hip for cow power,
Pauler

Strat
5th October 2012, 21:22
I stopped trying to 'wake people up' a long time ago. I've come to realize most people think with their heart/emotions instead of their brain. 90% of people suffer from "I want to be right" syndrome, they aren't looking for truth in the reality we live in, they just want to win arguments.

This happens to everyone at some point in their life. Ya know, you get into a discussion about something you've researched and someone is slowly proving you wrong. The human (emotional) reaction is to push back against the fact that you're wrong and drag the debate on and on as if it were a fight. It takes emotional maturity to over come this. And that's the funny thing, life forces us to mature in the sense that we grow older, our bodies change, we have to pay bills and all that. Life doesn't force us to mature emotionally, you can be an idiot your whole life.

This is what you run into if you confront someone about 9/11, aliens, whatever. You just hit a brick wall of emotion, the brain is being used to stop your argument, not consider the facts.

This always bothered me about debate classes. It's seen in the highest regard but it's the dumbest thing in the world. It teaches people how to shut the other person up, even if they are right about something. Call me crazy, but I'd rather learn from someone than argue with them.

However, if someone wants to argue in that way I stop with actual facts and become as immature as possible, bringing out insults and mocking the other person, dropping verbal bombs like Vietnam. I never ever threaten or become violent, I just rip on the opponent in comedic fashion.

The funny thing is this gets people to listen to me, because they become afraid of the confrontation.

Mark
5th October 2012, 21:25
Well, "Yo Mama" jokes have been known to silence and shame quite a few naysayers. Jonesin' on folks and being successful at it is a sign of mental dexterity, pop culture genius and if you can drop a few truth nuggets in there too, I'd say you've got a winning presentation. LOL

Fred Steeves
5th October 2012, 22:31

Very cool Annette, and best of luck my sister! The Universe smiles on the scrappy ones who dare to dare. Once the cow actually sees the car, it can never again feel comfortable in the pasture, can it?

Cheers,
Fred

ThePythonicCow
5th October 2012, 23:00
I stopped trying to 'wake people up' a long time ago. I've come to realize most people think with their heart/emotions instead of their brain. 90% of people suffer from "I want to be right" syndrome, they aren't looking for truth in the reality we live in, they just want to win arguments.
I find I can mention "weird" stuff to almost anyone ... just chuckle agreeably with their inclination to label it as weird stuff that's better not discussed further. People don't mind if I'm weird, just so long as their choice to be "sensible", "normal" or whatever is fully honored (at the emotional, body talk level ... never mind what the logic of the words implies.)

TargeT
5th October 2012, 23:55
Ah Fred !
Very perfect timing !

Blessings,
Annette
:wave:

I read a thread on this forum, (perhaps it was the Enlightenment and the Ego thread; I'm not quite sure) that had a mental exercise that I use quite often for people who seem to be stressing out over life circumstances (or anything really).

I'm sure I'll do a terrible job at re telling, but here it is:

You ask the person you want to help this question: "Imagine you are surrounded by a thousand hungry tigers, what do you do?"

Now I've gotten some pretty damn creative answers, I usually let the person tell me what they will do and ask follow up questions, they often ask me if there are rocks or grass or what ever laying around; I remind them that its their imagination & they should tell me what’s there (a bit of fore shadowing). these explanations continue for a while, but inevitably they always ask me "what would you do"

I simply say "I'd stop imaging".

the results of that statement are always a bit dramatic, I follow it up by explaining how powerful the mind is and how we can work out self’s up over things that are really a non issue. How our mind (and ego) can really be rough on ourselves, it will tell us things that seem like they could be true, but they are just imaginary tigers, just tigers. (the more creative and the longer they take answering my original question the better this seems to work, so I will drag it out a while for their benefit).

so now me and the people I've done this with have an inside joke of "hungry tigers" or "that’s just tigers" when nervous feelings or anxieties come up.

I'm pretty good at avoid tigers now, that and the exercise where you ask your inner voice "what is my next thought" and wait (you shouldn't hear any inner monologue response, as the Ego is not a creative force, and cannot tell you what is next, it only lives in the past or comments on the present) have given me a lot of mental clarity.

perhaps this exercise will help others; if nothing else it’s a fun and easy way to shed light on people's own inner workings.

gripreaper
6th October 2012, 01:58
It's always a matter of perspective. case in point:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, 'Kemo Sabe, look towards sky, what you see? '

'The Lone Ranger replies, 'I see millions of stars.'

'What that tell you?' asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says, 'Astronomically speaking, it tells me
there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

What does it tell you, Tonto?'

'You dumber than buffalo ****! It means someone stole the tent.'