PDA

View Full Version : No Camelot?

778 neighbour of some guy
10th October 2012, 12:13
Hi, i tried to connect with PC just now but cannot seem te get connected to them, any body else has this problem? 500 expression limit reached/server error bladiblah?

Or maybe this is just a problem with my pc?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Hawkwind
10th October 2012, 12:17
I'm having the same problem.

modwiz
10th October 2012, 12:23
I accessed it twice. Probably means nothing. I seem to exist in my own reality.

All is well.

10th October 2012, 12:28
I accessed it twice. Probably means nothing. I seem to exist in my own reality.

All is well.

I will try again then, thanks for your reality and response Mod, let reality be your tent en your tent be your reality, howg.

Ed

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Ok it works again, sorry for bothering anyone with this, just thought of it as strange since i have always been able to connect to Camelot or Avalon.

Thanks

Ed

seeingterra
10th October 2012, 14:09
Seems it was an overload of visitors! Just checked into the log's. That means more than 500.000 people were actively browsing the site and downloading data for some time! :eek:

No trace of any attacks, so it was actually an overload of visitors.. lol

Guess I should do some php and apache tuning then :)

10th October 2012, 14:14
That means more than 500.000 people were actively browsing the site and downloading data for some time!

That is a LOT of people, maybe there is some hope afterall then eh.

Thanks Seeingterra.

GoodETxSG
10th October 2012, 14:53
Could be DOS attack then. I can ping and http to the site.

Earth Angel
10th October 2012, 15:17
deleted by me........false alarm

indigopete
10th October 2012, 15:40
That means more than 500.000 people were actively browsing the site and downloading data for some time!

LoL. You've about 3 zeroes too many on that statistic.

200-300 is more like it on a busy day. Think you'd better re-read your logs.

Pete

RunningDeer
10th October 2012, 15:51

LoL. You've about 3 zeroes too many on that statistic.

200-300 is more like it on a busy day. Think you'd better re-read your logs.

Pete

If you look closely there's a decimal point after 500. (so a 40-60% increase if you use your stats)

seeingterra
10th October 2012, 15:55
It was not a DDOS attack as I know very well how that looks and have handled many of those in my days :)

Indigopete is obviously bored and has no idea what he is talking about. (edited out on own accord because it was a bit harsh, just tired of the typicals)

indigopete
10th October 2012, 15:59
If you look closely there's a decimal point after 500. (So a 40-60% increase)

Good to know they were all whole people then :)

P

RunningDeer
10th October 2012, 16:06
If you look closely there's a decimal point after 500. (So a 40-60% increase)

Good to know they were all whole people then :)

P

That's funny, P. Gotta not forget to laugh. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/big-smile2-smiley.gif (http://emoticoner.com) "Or use bad grammar,' she poked at herself. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/yapyapyap-smiley.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

Smiling,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

indigopete
10th October 2012, 16:15
Indigopete is obviously bored and has no idea what he is talking about. Thought you had good troll control on this forum?

seeingterra -

I wasn't meaning to be facetious - I apologise if my remark came across as such.

I was just (trying to make) a light hearted response to your statistic that appeared to suggest half a million realtime visitors and would have put you at 3 times the traffic of the Drudge report. (Traffic statistics are not usually quoted with decimals since they are integers, so I assumed it was half a million. Also the decimal is used as the thousands separator in some European countries).

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Peter

Hervé
10th October 2012, 16:18
... and the confusion reigns between "European/Latin" annotations and the "Anglo-Saxon" one where "commas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma)" and "decimal points" get substituted...

modwiz
10th October 2012, 16:26
Will I be called a troll now? :peep::noidea::suspicious::confused:

I like the Sun. :thumb:

Anyway, I have to please my paymasters, so here we go.:drum:

Monty Python- Knights Of The Round Table/Camelot Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

Kristin
10th October 2012, 16:27

"LoL. You've about 3 zeroes too many on that statistic.

200-300 is more like it on a busy day. Think you'd better re-read your logs."

Could be a European convention... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Some countries use decimals instead of commas.
From the Heart,
Kristin

10th October 2012, 16:35
Sigh....... so what is the anwser 500, 5000, 50.000, 500.000?

Kristin
10th October 2012, 16:36
Don't know yet. We'll find out in time I'm sure.

10th October 2012, 16:37

Ah, there is that word again, time.

Thank you.

seeingterra
10th October 2012, 16:44
oh, sorry, 500 real time visitors will prompt the message you got when not being able to access. However, the actual figures for the day (in amount of hours) was close to 40,000 (forty thousand).

Got a European decimal glitch there indeed, these differences drive me crazy some times.. lol

The amount of traffic came from a small variety of sources. 1 was reviews of our last round table discussion, the other prime referrer was Jordan Maxwell related topics, then the rest was mainly search engines and other referrals.

Sorry about the short fuse there earlier, just had a 14 hour continuous work-day and not enough coffee yet!

All good :)

modwiz
10th October 2012, 16:51

Ah, there is that word again, time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVeyo4W18U

meeradas
10th October 2012, 16:56
just for the announcement
vRr-mOsfAVE

10th October 2012, 16:56
oh, sorry, 500 real time visitors will prompt the message you got when not being able to access. However, the actual figures for the day (in amount of hours) was close to 40,000 (forty thousand).

Got a European decimal glitch there indeed, these differences drive me crazy some times.. lol

The amount of traffic came from a small variety of sources. 1 was reviews of our last round table discussion, the other prime referrer was Jordan Maxwell related topics, then the rest was mainly search engines and other referrals.

Sorry about the short fuse there earlier, just had a 14 hour continuous work-day and not enough coffee yet!

All good :)

Please stop working and do not drink anymore coffee, sit on your couch, make sure the cat/dog is on your lap, your boy/girlfriend is curled up against you, sigh, relax, doze of, wake up later this evening/morning and take eachother to bed, tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for clarifying Tommy.

seeingterra
10th October 2012, 17:00
I appreciate it :) Sadly there is no-one else doing my job so if I did a lot of things would stand still Camelot wise. I am also alone doing support and such.

But my cat is on my lap though :)

Cheers

13th Warrior
10th October 2012, 17:06
hOMd7CSt0KU

10th October 2012, 17:09
I appreciate it :) Sadly there is no-one else doing my job so if I did a lot of things would stand still Camelot wise. I am also alone doing support and such.

But my cat is on my lap though :)

Cheers

You are most welcome.

Now................take your cat................put your hand over its head with your middle finger laying across its nose. right...like that............. now gently stroke the cat with your middle finger over its nose......... the neck... spine.. tip of its tail....... repeat as long as cat looks drowsy or entertained.............. then........... gently blow in its ear... the ear facing you that means...........then gently bite its neck and look into his/her eyes and say... you know.... i never had the nerve to tell you but... i really really dig you... lets go upstairs and snore togehther really really loud... wake me up when youre hungry ok.

O crap, where is this going man:p

Tommy perhaps its time to have some job interviews at Camelot. 14 hours days are not healthy.

Good luck.............with the interviews and cat.

Youre a good sport

regards

Ed

modwiz
10th October 2012, 17:34
just for the announcement
vRr-mOsfAVE

BUMP! Great performance. Morris Day and Time were a well oiled groove machine. Only the Blues Bros. could come near this dynamic duo of frontmen.

Vangelo
13th October 2012, 18:18
Anyone else unable to access Camelot. I tried a few hours ago as well. This is what I get:

Regards,
Vangelo

Mike Gorman
13th October 2012, 18:25
I can access the Original site data base of interviews e.t.c, but not Kerry's blog, or the new front end-has a MySQL error

13th October 2012, 18:28
Anyone else unable to access Camelot. I tried a few hours ago as well. This is what I get:

Regards,
Vangelo

Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'mysql' is not available.

same here, thats odd, again!!

It thought it was a bit funny when their server overloaded when 500 people visit the site at the same time, its not that many folks i mean by that.

I am pretty sure Tommy will see your post here, maybe he can explain whats up....... or down.

Paul
13th October 2012, 20:25
Knock on wood - since June 16 of 2011, the computer running the Avalon web server has been up non-stop (485 days so far), and the MySQL database serving the Avalon web server has had less than 3 minutes total downtime, accumulated across about a dozen scattered automatic restarts. I've been recording major server outages in the thread Record of Server Outages (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?24002-Record-of-Server-Outages).

Warlock
14th October 2012, 01:07
I just tried it and I can't get on.

The last blog entry I read she said that her car had been broken into and her I.D. and some other stuff was taken.

Could there be a link between that and this problem?

Warlock

RunningDeer
14th October 2012, 01:13
Knock on wood - since June 16 of 2011, the computer running the Avalon web server has been up non-stop (485 days so far), and the MySQL database serving the Avalon web server has had less than 3 minutes total downtime, accumulated across about a dozen scattered automatic restarts. I've been recording major server outages in the thread Record of Server Outages (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?24002-Record-of-Server-Outages).

Hi Paul, I checked the link you provided. It's about Avalon stats. So my guess is that Camelot and Avalon share the same server?
Thanks,
P'er

Raven
14th October 2012, 03:22
I still can't get onto Camelot - either from my 'chrome' new tab link or even if I type in the address projectcamelotportal.com - 8:222 PDT now - does anyone have any suggestions about how I could get there?

Mike Gorman
14th October 2012, 03:47
Bite your Cat's neck and take a nap, try again later? (lol)

Paul
14th October 2012, 04:24
So my guess is that Camelot and Avalon share the same server?
No - separate servers. I was just being pleased that the Avalon server has had a good spell.

I was being off topic for a Camelot server thread - my bad.

M6*
14th October 2012, 04:27
No luck here. M6*

M6*
14th October 2012, 04:33
Yay for Cat, ....and YAY for Tommy!!:-)M6*

Limor Wolf
14th October 2012, 06:40
"Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'mysql' is not available"

Morning time in the middle east and it's still not possible to get into Project Camelot, ( tried yesterday evening as well). so, the same problem seems to still be valid. Good energies, thoughts and feelings are sent to Kerry and Tommy. Kerry seems to be dealing with quite a lot of intteruptions lately, as well as warnings, and even though, that might have nothing to do with this minor prob here, it is still as good time as ever to show Kerry some support and appreciation on everything that she has to deal with in order to bring the truth out and stand in her own light. and to our Tommy as well.

Bill Ryan
14th October 2012, 07:56
Sigh....... so what is the answer 500, 5000, 50.000, 500.000?

At its peak, in 2009, Camelot would get nearly a million unique visitors a month. That count was based on cookies, so the real number may have been a little lower.

The most we ever got in a day was about 50,000, usually after the release of a major interview. That was still a very impressive number. It was ahead of divinecosmos.com, and occasionally even approached rense.com. Alex Jones and Coast to Coast were the two that were always way ahead.

The download stats were also interesting to track. The greatest download bandwidth ever used in a month was 21 Tb, after the release of our second (four-part) interview with John Lear. That caused quite a kerfuffle with our host at the time, as we were only paying $5 a month! (That was PowWeb, and we had to leave them soon afterwards to find a new host.)

14th October 2012, 08:08
At its peak, in 2009, Camelot would get nearly a million unique visitors a month. That count was based on cookies

Hm i can see how free special brownies would atract that many people but i understand what you are saying, nearly a million a month is still a lot of people, i log in and out at home and work all the time just to check up how its going or whats new( all day long, i am behind a desk a lot of the time so i can get away with that) so yeah thats makes the counter count as well when it only counts log ins. many interviews i have viewed multiple times too, so that is counting too.

Heehee 5 $ a month for 21 tb, that was a great deal, we need more of those.

thank you

astrid
14th October 2012, 09:29
The Camelot site is under attack, and Tommy is working on it,

This was from Kerry , just now.

14th October 2012, 10:17
How come the Attacks are always on Camelot, its the big Brother/Sister of Avalon, but i have never experienced an attack on Avalon the past few years.

Paul, is Avalon also under attack on a regular basis or is there something you do different to prevent or detect this sooner, i think once one is aware of camelot they are also aware of Avalon and both sites Forums basically have the same content and discussion right?

Limor Wolf
14th October 2012, 11:33
665, (I will not call you PTB) There is a difference between a forum website with quite a lot of participants throwing their guesses in all directions and a website in the ownership of one lady who is relentlessly trying to supply new information and updates. an attack on a website can be considered as some kind of a warning or as a morall atack, as a mean to discourage her. being familiar with Kerry's approach, we might get the details as soon as the website will start running again. and we know of at least one person who is working his guts out. Thanks Tommy!!

Camilo
14th October 2012, 13:54
Since yesterday I've been unable to get connected to Project Camelot. Any idea what may be happening?

lightseeker
14th October 2012, 14:45
Well it is now 10:45 a.m. Ottawa/Canada time. I have been trying to access projectcamelotportal.com since last night and this morning. NO LUCK; I get the following message: "Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'msql' is not available. I am somewhat tech challenged and don't have a clue what the message means. Those of you who are computer tech wizzards please HELP!
Lightseeker

lightseeker
14th October 2012, 14:48
Further to my most recent Messge just saw Kerry's comment above that her site is under attach and that Tommy is working on it. Patience is a virtue and I will wait to see what transpires.
Love to all.

Amysenthia
14th October 2012, 15:57
I tried last night and today this is what I get. "Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'mysql' is not available."

Can anyone with computer knowledge tell me what this means. I have an IMAC.

I can access a Camelot site, "projectcamelot.org/interviews.html", but this only has interviews and not the current blog.

Amysenthia
14th October 2012, 16:29
Just saw this on facebook.

PROJECT CAMELOT
Project Camelot was the target for a DDOS attack.

We are currently rebooting the system and will be online again shortly. Thanks for your patience!
Like · · Share · 56101 · Yesterday at 11:02am ·

14th October 2012, 18:56
665, (I will not call you PTB) There is a difference between a forum website with quite a lot of participants throwing their guesses in all directions and a website in the ownership of one lady who is relentlessly trying to supply new information and updates. an attack on a website can be considered as some kind of a warning or as a morall atack, as a mean to discourage her. being familiar with Kerry's approach, we might get the details as soon as the website will start running again. and we know of at least one person who is working his guts out. Thanks Tommy!!

I understand, thanks for your response, my question was however very simple, does Avalon also have to deal with these kind of attacks, thats is all. Not looking for sensation, not trying to stir the pot, just a question and yes Tommy is doing a good job.

I allready told him he did.

Paul
14th October 2012, 19:58
Paul, is Avalon also under attack on a regular basis or is there something you do different to prevent or detect this sooner
We've not had such problems on Avalon since Ilie and myself came on board, in early 2011. I don't know about before then.

Whether this is because we have (so far, knock on wood) concocted the right mix of security measures, or whether it is because the "evil doers" (a Bush phrase) have been paying less attention to us ... I don't know.

Limor's speculation that it is related to Kerry's relentless efforts to bring new information and updates may well explain this.

Huma
14th October 2012, 20:10
I just love it when anyone uses the word kerfuffle.

Sigh....... so what is the answer 500, 5000, 50.000, 500.000?

At its peak, in 2009, Camelot would get nearly a million unique visitors a month. That count was based on cookies, so the real number may have been a little lower.

The most we ever got in a day was about 50,000, usually after the release of a major interview. That was still a very impressive number. It was ahead of divinecosmos.com, and occasionally even approached rense.com. Alex Jones and Coast to Coast were the two that were always way ahead.

The download stats were also interesting to track. The greatest download bandwidth ever used in a month was 21 Tb, after the release of our second (four-part) interview with John Lear. That caused quite a kerfuffle with our host at the time, as we were only paying $5 a month! (That was PowWeb, and we had to leave them soon afterwards to find a new host.)

Limor Wolf
14th October 2012, 20:46

I understand, thanks for your response, my question was however very simple, does Avalon also have to deal with these kind of attacks, thats is all. Not looking for sensation, not trying to stir the pot, just a question and yes Tommy is doing a good job.

I allready told him he did.

Oops, sorry 665, I did not mean to 'preach' or anything, but it turned out like that... yes, it's a very good question! I know Paul and Ilie are putting all their skills to the task, did you know they have their own back channel where they discuss anything to do with server, security, backing Avalon up and the devils know what else... that is a brilliant job they are doing and one of Bill's best investments, I believe. Human resource is the most important thing, although , Paul might argue about some kind of tech advice but what does he know :p

And Camelot is up and Running!

From the Camelot blog -

The site is now back up after about a day of down time.

Camelot's servers was the subject of a variety of attacks, one among those messed up some functions in our website database and it took a while to repair. Usually we have backups, but somehow after the backup kicked in the same problem occured with our backed up version of the database. The exploit has now been identified and removed.

No data got lost or stolen during this attack according to system log's.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

- Tommy

Rocky_Shorz
14th October 2012, 20:54
after seeing what Camelot shared on recycling Nuclear materials, I understand why PTB tried to make it go away...

from what I hear the attackers are tangoing with Anonymous right now...

they like what is shared here...

Paul
14th October 2012, 20:56
And Camelot is up and Running!
Awesome news - thanks.

For the convenience of anyone reading this, here's a link to the Camelot site: http://projectcamelotportal.com/

14th October 2012, 21:01
after seeing what Camelot shared on recycling Nuclear materials, I understand why PTB tried to make it go away...

from what I hear the attackers are tangoing with Anonymous right now...

they like what is shared here...

Maybe they made the Galen Windsor here disappear too, you know the video they did not want us to see.

That was a pretty important one imo, apparently there are different opinions on this, reason for its removal here was there were no responses for about a month or so, and Avalon has thousands upon thousands of posts that have not been responded on for over two years, go figure:confused:

Rocky_Shorz
14th October 2012, 21:12
the thread is still there... link to Galen Windsor (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46819-A-video-they-won-t-want-you-to-see--Galen-Winsor-nuclear-scam-&p=513238&viewfull=1#post513238)

you need to watch it on youTube though it doesn't like it shared offsite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCQrOTE-XA

Kimberley
14th October 2012, 21:12
Maybe they made the Galen Windsor here disappear too, you know the video they did not want us to see.

That was a pretty important one imo, apparently there are different opinions on this, reason for its removal here was there were no responses for about a month or so, and Avalon has thousands upon thousands of posts that have not been responded on for over two years, go figure:confused:

665 the Galen thread is still here they just took it out of the stickies that stay at the top of the General Discussion section

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46819-A-video-they-won-t-want-you-to-see--Galen-Winsor-nuclear-scam-

And I too was sorry it was unstickied...

Much love!

14th October 2012, 21:16

665 the Galen thread is still here they just took it out of the stickies that stay at the top of the General Discussion section

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46819-A-video-they-won-t-want-you-to-see--Galen-Winsor-nuclear-scam-

And I too was sorry it was unstickied...

Much love!

Hi Kimberley, yeah i kow the thread is still here, but when this one does not deserve a sticky status i dont know what will, i am afraid the thread will disappear into oblivion when its not keeping bumped,, it should be up there imo, does not feel right, cant help it, just my feeling and i think i am entitled to that, as is everyone else.

Thank you, much love to you too.

Rocky_Shorz
14th October 2012, 21:19
ummm, Mr Paul can you put the sticky back for our favorite plumber?

Kimberley
14th October 2012, 21:32

I second this!! :grouphug:

Paul
15th October 2012, 03:08

OK - grumble, grumble. That thread is sticky again: A video they won't want you to see (Galen Winsor: nuclear scam) - Post #229 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46819-A-video-they-won-t-want-you-to-see--Galen-Winsor-nuclear-scam-&p=569063&viewfull=1#post569063)

15th October 2012, 08:47

OK - grumble, grumble. That thread is sticky again: A video they won't want you to see (Galen Winsor: nuclear scam) - Post #229 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46819-A-video-they-won-t-want-you-to-see--Galen-Winsor-nuclear-scam-&p=569063&viewfull=1#post569063)

Thank you o grumbling moderator!!