PDA

View Full Version : Monsanto could produce food that suppresses a specific gene in all who eat it

Paul
10th October 2012, 20:29
I realized that there is another piece of the genetic engineering puzzle with the following post by Mike Adams:

The Monsanto company has forged a new partnership with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company whose primary focus seems to be on figuring out how to best crack the genetic code so as to manipulate the way genes inherently express themselves. And based on the agreement the two companies have made publicly with one another, it appears as though Monsanto is planning to utilize Alnylam's proprietary gene-silencing technologies in its emerging agricultural pursuits, which will likely spawn a whole new category of problems for humanity and the planet at large.

In a recent press release, Monsanto disclosed that it has officially obtained "worldwide, exclusive rights" to use Alnylam's platform technology and intellectual property (IP) in its own agricultural products, and particularly in its new "BioDirect" line of products designed to treat seeds and crops with what the company has dubbed "biopesticides" (http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/biodirect-ag-biologicals.aspx). Monsanto apparently sees something exceptionally valuable in Alnylam's technologies that it does not currently possess, and is now seeking to leverage it for the purpose of expanding its own market share. But what is it?

Monsanto wants to turn food crops into gene-altering 'drugs'

In a nutshell, Alnylam specializes in a technology known as RNA interference (RNAi) that involves deliberately silencing the expression of genes throughout the body for the purpose of preventing the production of proteins that some scientists believe are responsible for causing disease. By artificially blocking production of these proteins, RNAi technology is believed to have the potential to effectively block the development of disease, which is why many major drug companies have also signed on as strategic partners with Alnylam.
You can read more at: Monsanto enters pharmaceutical business, acquires key 'gene silencing' technology for use in humans (http://www.naturalnews.com/037409_Monsanto_gene_silencing_pharmaceuticals.htm l).

Here's what I see in this:

Monsanto could produce food that suppresses a specific gene in all those who eat that food.

This could fit in closely with some of what was discussed on these threads recently:

DNA-What is it? Why is it? And how does it interact with our Spirit? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50537-DNA-What-is-it-Why-is-it-And-how-does-it-interact-with-our-Spirit)
The Koch Brothers... Transforming every aspect of your life.... even your DNA (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50698-The-Koch-Brothers...-Transforming-every-aspect-of-your-life....-even-your-DNA)

If there were a few key genes that were especially important to enable humans to connect with their higher or spiritual selves ... it would seem that this could disable these genes, en masse. It could result in a major dumbing down of humanity, except for those elite few with their own protected food supplies.

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 20:39
I realized that there is another piece of the genetic engineering puzzle with the following post by Mike Adams:

The Monsanto company has forged a new partnership with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company whose primary focus seems to be on figuring out how to best crack the genetic code so as to manipulate the way genes inherently express themselves. And based on the agreement the two companies have made publicly with one another, it appears as though Monsanto is planning to utilize Alnylam's proprietary gene-silencing technologies in its emerging agricultural pursuits, which will likely spawn a whole new category of problems for humanity and the planet at large.

In a recent press release, Monsanto disclosed that it has officially obtained "worldwide, exclusive rights" to use Alnylam's platform technology and intellectual property (IP) in its own agricultural products, and particularly in its new "BioDirect" line of products designed to treat seeds and crops with what the company has dubbed "biopesticides" (http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/biodirect-ag-biologicals.aspx). Monsanto apparently sees something exceptionally valuable in Alnylam's technologies that it does not currently possess, and is now seeking to leverage it for the purpose of expanding its own market share. But what is it?

In a nutshell, Alnylam specializes in a technology known as RNA interference (RNAi) that involves deliberately silencing the expression of genes throughout the body for the purpose of preventing the production of proteins that some scientists believe are responsible for causing disease. By artificially blocking production of these proteins, RNAi technology is believed to have the potential to effectively block the development of disease, which is why many major drug companies have also signed on as strategic partners with Alnylam.
You can read more at: Monsanto enters pharmaceutical business, acquires key 'gene silencing' technology for use in humans (http://www.naturalnews.com/037409_Monsanto_gene_silencing_pharmaceuticals.htm l).

Here's what I see in this:

Monsanto could produce food that suppresses a specific gene in all those who eat that food.

This could fit in closely with some of what was discussed on these threads recently:

DNA-What is it? Why is it? And how does it interact with our Spirit? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50537-DNA-What-is-it-Why-is-it-And-how-does-it-interact-with-our-Spirit)
The Koch Brothers... Transforming every aspect of your life.... even your DNA (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50698-The-Koch-Brothers...-Transforming-every-aspect-of-your-life....-even-your-DNA)

If there were a few key genes that were especially important to enable humans to connect with their higher or spiritual selves ... it would seem that this could disable these genes, en masse. It could result in a major dumbing down of humanity, except for those elite few with their own protected food supplies.

Wow ... 'better' than fluoride :(

Robert J. Niewiadomski
10th October 2012, 20:39
That if implemented world wide would be a giant abuse of free will. And automatic red card forcing tptw out of playfield. They will not do this. It is mere sabre rattling IMHO. There might be some incidents or accidents on a small scale... But certainly not globally...

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 20:41
That if implemented world wide would be a giant abuse of free will. And automatic red card forcing tptw out of playfield. They will not do this. It is mere sabre rattling IMHO. There might be some incidents or accidents on a small scale... But certainly not globally...

I don't believe they will get away with it, but this just a little too much "acquisition" and dollars spent to be merely sabre-rattling. If you have read codex alimentarius with an open mind and while being mindful of potential abuses that have been worked in and holes left in strategic locations - you'll see how serious they are about their evil food plans.

donk
10th October 2012, 20:44
If there were a few key genes that were especially important to enable humans to connect with their higher or spiritual selves

Seems to me that this has already been done, why else would this information be public? They must have done the focus groups and such and determined that there would be little to no resistance or outrage to the idea of all of this "intellectual property" even being patented in the first place (don't even get started on the implications such as the one above)...so now is as good a time as any to release this, in case some pesky scientist capable of outside the box thinking and concern for the human race (yeah--those three things 1. scientist 2. independent thought & 3. selflessness, while may exist in adequate numbers, are not funded adequately) comes along trying to stir up ****.

yeah sorry, for the rant, I'm a little cynical. In fact, I beleive whatever diabolical thing we could come up with (and well done Paul for coming up with a doozie!), MonSATAN has already trumped it, and some sick f*ck in a lab is eagerly awaiting it's release (or studying and covernig up the effects).

It is so easy to "hate" a corporate entity, much harder to reconcile that ultimately, corporations CAN'T do sh!t, they are abstract concepts. There are individuals (of some incarnation) CONSCIOUSLY MAKING THESE INDIVIDUAL DECISIONS....like bees resistant to hive-collapse-syndrome (is that true) or suing a farmer when the GMO horsesh!T infects their fields...ugh, again I apologize, I got kids and the existence of Monsanto (and the fact that human beings make up a majority of that "entity") really gets me upset.

donk
10th October 2012, 20:46
I wish I had the optomism of y'all. Where in the hell do you get the idea any corporation can be stopped? TBTF, anyone? How about pretty much every war? WTF is stopping them? Who's to say what atrocities they have already unleashed on us? GMO ain't bad enough???

Referee
10th October 2012, 21:01
This video was snuck out of the Pentagon in 05 I have to agree with Donk this crap has already been put in Monsanto Food. Check this out and the thread on this topic.

Thanks Paul what a find!!!!!

nADFJlAggnY

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?43280-Removing-The-God-Gene-a-briefing-by-the-Pentagon

Cidersomerset
10th October 2012, 21:21
Hi Paul I think a lot of things are linked the modified food agenda Monsanto would obviously benifit if it could be
shown to produce seeds resistant to various weather extremes..So are TPTB creating the 'climate' pardon the pun !!

Although this is another worrying step !!

Its Official the westest summer in UK for 100 years...I posted this thread from a news report earlier...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50738-Poor-world-wide-harvests-due-to-global-warming---

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This video was snuck out of the Pentagon in 05 I have to agree with Donk this crap has already been put in Monsanto Food. Check this out and the thread on this topic.

More scary stuff! Cheers Kevin I have not forgot your last Ion question ...Cheers steve..

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 21:40
Slightly off topic but sort of on-topic:

I want to stress that genes can be turned on and off more easily than people might think. Several times I have been able to change my own gene expression in some experiments.

The simplest way to do this is via caloric restriction. The way it works is this: reduce caloric intake to ~500 calories a day for an extended period of time (don't actually try this unless you know what you are doing or you will surely end up with a deficiency). For me, this process takes a few weeks to a month to get underway. You will notice changes in your body and the way it works altogether. For example during those first few weeks, hunger is going to not be friendly, but after your body realizes it's not going to be getting more food this will almost completely subside, and you body will become extremely efficient. The body will become weaker, as it routes energy formerly used for muscles to more vital processes, but it may not get smaller - I actually gained a little weight during one of these processes, due to the increase in efficiency.

After a month or two of this your body will start to work within these ranges, it literally changes your gene expression so your body operates in a completely different way than what you are used to. Another amazing part of this is that since extreme efficiency is the name of the game throughout this gene expression change, you body will keep it's cells much, much longer and in much healthier form than a body who's gene expression is the result of excess, and what that does is basically slow down the entire aging process.

Caloric restriction is the only current way to life extension, which has direct scientific evidence to support it (I think The Methuselah Foundation or something like that is dedicated to this research)

There is a pretty strong link between total calories consumed in a lifetime, and longevity of the individual. It's not exact of course, but what is?

So if a person's gene expression can be changed by the environment that it's reflective body operates within - and this happens automatically, consider what else may actually be happening ...

I would be inclined to also say that state of consciousness could also affect gene expression, I don't have any proof or evidence of this yet, but I fully believe it. Can a monumental "shift" in the collective consciousness of man result in us being transformed into a new type of Being with a completely different gene expression, functions and abilities?

Nah! ... that sounds too much like an "ascension" scenario -- which we all know is nonsense! ;) <--imagine sarcasm font here

Food for thoughts -- feed them well!! ;) ;) ;)

ADDITION: -- consider how my wacky theory is actually lent support by Paul's initial post. Why do they need to mess with our genes? What gain? Prevent the natural evolution of man would be my guess.

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 21:54
I wish I had the optomism of y'all. Where in the hell do you get the idea any corporation can be stopped? TBTF, anyone? How about pretty much every war? WTF is stopping them? Who's to say what atrocities they have already unleashed on us? GMO ain't bad enough???

It's been happening for nearly 100 years, Pfizer has already been putting arsenic into lower feedstock (via a big agra feed company they own) for ~70 years (there's threads here on the topic), we've had fluoride for how many years? 50? None of this is new except that they are getting more desperate to continue whatever it is they are trying to do, in language of trends what does this tell you? Things likely aren't as dire for us as they like to make us believe ;) ;) ;)

The difference is these days the route of exposure is myriad, whereas back then secrets could be well kept. This is all part of the process of uncovering the lies. And it is happening ... ;)

You doubt the influence Avalon is having? ;)

If in your mind you have already lost, then definitely you have. Keep your spirits up Donk ;)

bluestflame
10th October 2012, 22:00
but they are insane remember , they still think they can find a loophole in universal law

Kristin
10th October 2012, 22:03
Monsanto has already been feeding the population food which causes infertility. Not just in animals... in humans. Depopulation. It's already happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC3yteAC9nk&feature=player_embedded

From the Heart,
Kristin

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 22:10
but they are insane remember , they still think they can find a loophole in universal law

I'm not sure which universal law that is, but any "Universal" laws that I know are actually "Universal" and therefore have no loopholes. ;)

On another note:

How to stop Monsanto? Stop buying their food. Ask questions, do research, buy local, buy properly certified organic, or better yet get to know a local farmer/butcher, gardener and just do it. The choices are ours to make not theirs. We just need to be brought into seeing how easy this actually is to do and start doing it. When a few people start, others will ask why and we can respond - "to save humanity" and take pride on our choices, maybe it will become a trend, then who is going to fund these mega-corps? Because it is us who feed them their money - without our money they cannot move forward with their plans.

We all bitch and whine about the impossible situation and how we are all doomed -- sure, just keep up the current American lifestyle and our minds will be reflected in all our experiences, that is just how things work.

It is time to get off our asses and CHOOSE (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50125-What-we-may-be-here-to-do&p=563766&viewfull=1#post563766)!

Final note: Organic does NOT mean GMO free and GMO free does NOT mean organic, but both ends of this equation are important as the same elite own the chemical companies that own Monsanto. Those chemical companies are likely the ones supplying the pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. So just GMO-free is not quite enough - try to go for both GMO-free and organic.

;) ;)

Kristin
10th October 2012, 22:26
Here's a great link for more info on Democracy Now: http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/

From the Heart,
Kristin

Cidersomerset
10th October 2012, 22:54
Monsanto has already been feeding the population food which causes infertility. Not just in animals... in humans. Depopulation. It's already happening.

This is true , but they know if they can cause a world wide food shortage , people & Governments will have no choice but to beg Monsanto to be their savior !!

Classic problem reaction solution ! Its so blatently obvious ....We were always told that Gene divercity was healthy for human ,animal and plant health.

So how is it possible to put all you genes in one basket and stop them going off ! so to speak ? Thats just common sence to me !

Scientists are speaking out and are worried !!

t2B6Uh701Co

Arpad Pusztai and Ignacio Chapela have two things in common. They are distinguished scientists and their careers are in ruins.
Both scientists choose to look at the phenomenon of genetic engineering. Both made important discoveries. Both of them are
suffering the fate of those who criticise the powerful vested interests that now dominate big business and scientific research.

Statements made by scientists themselves prove that 95% of the research in the area of genetic engineering is paid by the
industry. Only 5% of the research is independent. The big danger for freedom of science and our democracy is evident.
Can the public -- we all -- still trust our scientists?

================================================== ============================

meeradas
10th October 2012, 22:56
Here's the mildest thing - by far - i can say about this:

Cidersomerset
10th October 2012, 23:00
Alex sums it up Perfectly & surprisingly calmly here and it ties in exactly with whats happening.....

ilz7FYOI6H4

Uploaded by TheAlexJonesChannel on 26 Oct 2011

COMMENT FROM ALEX JONES: Yes the headline says alien takeover, because it is is alien to cross plant, animal, insect and microbial species... and this ill mixing will cause disastrous results.

In this powerful video, Alex breaks down how the global takeover might as well be coming from a hostile alien species-- as depicted in John Carpenter's 1982 film 'The Thing'. In fact, such an invader would be hard pressed to wreak more destruction upon the earth's biosphere.

In the film, and its other versions from 1951 and 2011, an uncovered species takes over its host's DNA while outwardly imitating it, threatening to infect the entire planet in a short span. In the real world, aggressive genetically-modified species are destroying naturally-occurring species while provably causing harm to those who consume GMO foods-- including widespread infertility, cancer and mutations, as demonstrated repeatedly in lab animal studies.

In fact, the real dangers of GMOs, vaccines (loaded with super-viruses, dangerous chemical compounds and other special ingredients) and much more have only begun to unleash their long-term multi-generational harm. The frank reality is that what humanity faces is far worse than Alex could possibly convey in this short presentation.

Complex and controversial emerging legal rulings over gene patents and intellectual property are clearly paving the way for the globalists' 'Thing' mechanism to dominate agriculture, monopolize medicine and profit on mass-death and the unravelling of our planet's genetic inheritance. Those in power hope to retain a privately-controlled continuity through their arctic seed vaults, but life is bigger than even they can grasp.

Technological solutions will create a two-tier system aiming to enshrine the lives of the elite- with the available enhancements for health and longevity- while allowing further domination and dumbing-down of the masses (the nouveau riche, the middle class and poor alike). A wide-spectrum of ambient soft-kill enviro-additives poison us all, with the future hanging in the balance, at the very time an inner-coterie of science, tech and wealth has declared that the future doesn't need us.

If we don't stop this 'Thing' now, we may never have a second chance. It is vital we recognize this amorphous danger for what it is-- the annihilation of our species and those with which we co-inhabit. We don't have any more time to waste.

white wizard
10th October 2012, 23:07
Monsanto can kiss it were the sun don't shine, there not that powerful and there

agenda 21 plan already failed. Go ahead spread the word, but don't let them scare

you.

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 23:21
Monsanto can kiss it were the sun don't shine, there not that powerful and there

agenda 21 plan already failed. Go ahead spread the word, but don't let them scare

you.

Canada has flatly rejected codex alimentarius thus far and have protected their natural health products through regulation. Codex alimentarius seeks to rid all natural products and classify everything as either a food or a drug (both severely controlled and regulated) so they can control everything that is put into your bodies. A watchdog group was formed by the supporters of natural health products, and is actually now working quite closely with the NHPD (to keep their actions in check) - many other counties have also taken a similar route.

I first read alimentarius about, hmm maybe 7 years ago? This is already turning into a long term plan for them and they are still quite a ways a way from forcing this implementation across the globe. The idea will be to expose them before they can complete this. Like I said - they have likely been working on this for the better part of a decade already, and have not been all that successful -- more so in Europe I believe.

There IS time yet to choose your outcome on this matter. (unless an apocalypse or flash ascension happen, lol).

2 cents ;)

DeDukshyn
10th October 2012, 23:35
Here's a great link for more info on Democracy Now: http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/

From the Heart,
Kristin

Important post for this thread -- bumping the post ;) Thanks Kristin! Good stuff!

Flash
11th October 2012, 01:45
Our genes have already been changed through pollutants, chemtrails, medication, etc. It is easy to turn genes on and off, as well as manipulate RNA. Think about it, it has been done through chanting in monasteries for thousands of years.

If we let the control of our gene to any psychopatic entity, we lose the high potential we may have and may be able to become.

We also allow them to program us to be dummies, while they program themselves to be psychopatic geniuses. Who wants such a world?

Truly easy to do.

Carmody
11th October 2012, 04:25

Don't kid yourself.

Nothing has stopped them so far.

You have to remember, that they are interested in your end, so your 'irritation' is not going to stop them. and if Monsanto falls but gets the job done, well, then...will the backers and real owners of Monsanto even care?

Think it through.

It's pitchfork time.

Flash
11th October 2012, 04:29
That is the problem, we only have pitchfork!!! We may need all help possible, pitchfork will have to be enhanced.

Robert J. Niewiadomski
11th October 2012, 10:00
Can we put the pitchfork down for a while, please? Anger gives more power to the evil. Instead we should silence our mind for brief moment and seek Light in our hearts and pray for Supreme Court in US of A to rule wise (ie. in ordinary people favor :) ). Please, read on. And remember: Every cloud has a silver lining :)

Source: http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/self-replicating-patents/

Supreme Court to Rule on Patents for Self-Replicating Products
Imagine a licensing agreement for buying seeds that allows them to be used only once a season. They cannot be resold for planting, and cannot be used for research, crop breeding or seed production.

Those indeed are the terms of seed giant Monsanto’s licensing agreement for its “Roundup Ready” soybeans, regardless of how unnatural the conditions may seem when it comes to farming. This is farming in the age of patented, genetically modified organisms, which in this case concerns soybean crops that withstand herbicide.

The Supreme Court is weighing in on the soybean patents, agreeing to hear an appeal by a Knox County, Indiana soybean farmer who was ordered to pay $84,456 in damages and costs to Monsanto in 2009 for infringing those patents.

Farmer Vernon Bowman’s dirty deed? The 74-year-old bought soybean seed from a local grain elevator that was contaminated with the patented seed, which he used to produce beans on his 299 acres.

The case addresses the question of how far down the stream of commerce — in this instance the farming cycle — can a company control its patents, especially for products like soybeans that easily self-replicate. A lower court, an appeals court and even the Obama administration maintain the stream is virtually endless.

The administration told the Supreme Court in a filing that the justices should not concern themselves with the possibility that such rigid patent protectionism could undermine traditional farming techniques, where parts of one harvest are often used to produce the next. The administration said Congress “is better equipped than this court” (.pdf) to consider those concerns.

If the farmer’s view were adopted, the government argued, “the first authorized sale of a single Roundup Ready soybean would extinguish all of [Monsanto's] patent rights to that soybean and to its progeny.”

Monsanto agreed, telling the court that if it sided with the farmer, such a decision would doom its business model.

“Without reasonable license restrictions prohibiting the replanting of second- and later-generation soybeans, Monsanto’s ability to protect its patented technology would effectively be lost as soon as the first generation of the product was introduced into the market,” the agriculture giant told the high court in a filing.

Farmer Bowman began purchasing Monsanto’s patented seeds in 1999 and, because of the licensing agreement, did not save any of the seed for future planting. But he also bought so-called “commodity” seed from a local grain elevator, which acts as a clearinghouse for farmers to buy and sell seed.

But given that more than 90 percent of the soybeans planted in the area were Roundup Ready crops, the elevator’s seed was contaminated with Monsanto’s patented seed.

Farmer Bowman planted that commodity seed, which was substantially cheaper to purchase, to produce a second, late-season crop, which is generally more risky and lower yielding. He then used seeds generated in one late-season harvest to help produce subsequent late-season crops.

Monsanto sued him for patent infringement, and he lost.

“Even if Monsanto’s patent rights in the commodity seeds are exhausted, such a conclusion would be of no consequence because once a grower, like Bowman, plants the commodity seeds containing Monsanto’s Roundup Ready technology and the next generation of seed develops, the grower has created a newly infringing article,” the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled last year.

The court noted that, once Monsanto’s patent genie is out of the bottle, Monsanto controls the soybean landscape.

“While farmers, like Bowman, may have the right to use commodity seeds as feed, or for any other conceivable use, they cannot ‘replicate’ Monsanto’s patented technology by planting it in the ground to create newly infringing genetic material, seeds, and plants,” the appeals court added.

Bowman appealed, urging the Supreme Court to analyze whether the law allows patent holders to “continue to assert patent rights after an authorized sale.”

Monsanto’s licensing terms allowed farmers to sell the seed produced by one Roundup Ready crop to grain elevators. But the terms also forbid unauthorized planting of those seeds.

“Practically, this issue affects every farmer in the country and the method of planting that farmers such as Mr. Bowman have used for generations,” Bowman’s attorneys wrote in their petition to the Supreme Court.

The court, which decided Monday to review the case, did not indicate when it would hold oral arguments.

There are some good points in comments to the above article:

David Fuchs
Actually the issue isn't food products but people. Very soon we are going to be able to fix genetic diseases. If this goes the wrong way, companies will be able to sue you for having children after your diabetes or liver problem is cured and you can pass it on to your children.

or this one:

Brandon Soucie
So if I create software (the genetic code of computers) that self-replicates and installs itself on other computers, then sell that to somebody under a license agreement, I can then sue them for every time the software installed itself on someone elses computer? Shiiit... I'm gonna be rich sooon! =P

IMHO Monsanto can only destroy our bodies. And sooner or later our bodies will bite the dust in the end. With or without monsanto's help or any other plague. This war is not for the bodies. It is for the souls. It is we who can eventually destroy our souls. Not monsanto. I agree it is possible to unplug the soul from the body with the help of technology. But this unplugging don't destroys the soul. Fear of unplugging, anger and resentment destroy the soul. We are as free as we allow ourself to be...

As for "red card" and "forcing out of the playfield" for abusing free will. Corporations, including monsanto, are not self conscious entities. We unnecessary "humanize" them thus we bark at the wrong tree. Mortal people run corporations. Mortal people make decissions. And you never know if you will wake up tomorow, do you? Sh*t happens as they say... This adheres to CEO's too. And without a CEO's "vision" corporation is only a piece of paper and can be dissolved and it's patents announced void overnight... When you say it is impossible because "there is too much evil or "it's beyond rubicon point" you are right it is impossible. But not because of "there is too much evil or "it's beyond rubicon point" but because you say it is impossible. Because you given up your hope and faith. Because you gave away your hope and faith to bad guys when they asked for it. Nobody can take away your hope and faith from you by force. Only by your consent. Call me nut, but some matters are the way they just are...

BTW, :bump: :)

Paul
11th October 2012, 10:06
Can we put the pitchfork down for a while, please? Anger gives more power to the evil. Instead we should silence our mind for brief moment and seek Light in our hearts and pray for Supreme Court in US of A to rule wise (ie. in ordinary people favor :) ). Please, read on. And remember: Every cloud has a silver lining :)
There are days when I'll trust my anger and my pitch fork as tools, over the Supreme Court of the US :).

Flash
11th October 2012, 10:08
Such cases have been lost to Monsanto in Canada Robert. I would be extremely surprised if it is won by the farmer in the USA.

Robert J. Niewiadomski
11th October 2012, 10:24
Don't forget that all Earth and all life on Earth share the consequences of one being anger. The same is for love... You can not "fight" evil with more evil no matter how "justified" that lesser evil is. You can only transcend evil with love...

The other way is
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgtIVZlJS3ZRBxfC9Ao46KWPj0dwm4T Tv3dinCkR36MCetlUh6Ng
down the toilet...

PS
Paul, i hate to constantly argue with you...

Robert J. Niewiadomski
11th October 2012, 10:37
Such cases have been lost to Monsanto in Canada Robert. I would be extremely surprised if it is won by the farmer in the USA.
o2we_B6hDrY
If we do not stop to be too much down to the Earth... We will dig ourselves in in it prematurely...
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQDR0MmIX0Ty8w9KhSDqGCw6az5KLWS Fp7iImc5BR-ll9dvL5b
And they count on it...
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm6ehLINTWnmhkqrzqE9b0rhyWWwYbi 1TbFEamSWEdCZJZxUepqQ

Tony
11th October 2012, 10:41
I just cannot get my head around people....or something!.....being so evil.

They must really hate anything that lives, and justify it for their own advantage. More likely they've had rather large amounts of brain removed. Their KARMA is going to bite them in the bum!

Wake up workers at Monsanto, you are not only useful idiots, but dangerous idiots. How are you going to keep your families from NOT eating the stuff?

Robert J. Niewiadomski
11th October 2012, 11:26
http://www.dojostream.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/4n.jpeg

You can DO something! Register and Vote!
http://www.labelitwa.org/
Where to sign I-522?
http://www.labelitwa.org/where_to_sign_i_522

Source: http://www.feedstuffs.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=F4D1A9DFCD974EAD8CD5205E15C1CB42&nm=Breaking+News&type=news&mod=News&mid=A3D60400B4204079A76C4B1B129CB433&tier=3&nid=C834ADFB762E4DFCBC45ED7F89CB4B74

GMO initiative launched in Washington state
(10/3/2012)
Rod Smith

Another campaign against foods made with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) has materialized now that a Washington couple that consumes only an organic, vegan diet has filed an initiative that asks the state's legislature to require GMO labels on such foods.

The couple, Chris and Leah McManus in Tacoma, Wash., filed the initiative, I-522, after state lawmakers let GMO labeling legislation die earlier this year.

They need to collect about 250,000 signatures from Washington voters by mid-January to force the legislature to reconsider the matter, and should the legislature not enact some sort of GMO labeling law, the initiative then would go to voters in November next year.

Washington lawmakers seldom act on initiatives filed at the legislature, according to an article in The Seattle Times.

To assist, PCC Natural Markets, a Seattle, Wash.-based cooperative that merchandises natural and organic foods, has started a petition drive in its stores to collect the needed signatures. PCC has nine stores in the Puget Sound.

Farther down the West Coast, California voters will act on Proposition 37 (Prop 37) in the election this fall (Feedstuffs, June 18). Prop 37 would require GMO labels on certain foods and beverages made with genetically modified ingredients.

Opponents of the California and Washington measures point to how the American Medical Assn., Food & Drug Administration, National Academy of Sciences and World Health Organization have said foods made with GMOs are safe and do not require special labels.

They also have said the measures would require foods to be repackaged to include GMO labels or reformulated with more expensive ingredients for the affected markets, which would drive up consumer food prices.

Still, a Los Angeles Times-Dornsife poll shows that 61% of registered voters in California favor Prop 37.

I-522 and Prop 37 supporters maintain that consumers have a right to know if their food contains GMOs.

From The Seattle Times: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019309149_pccgmo01.html

PCC joins push for new law requiring GMO labeling
The Seattle-based grocery chain said it will spend $100,000 to help collect signatures in support of legislative Initiative 522, which would require labeling in Washington of food with GMOs. The company also has launched an in-store signature-gathering campaign.
By Melissa Allison
Seattle Times business reporter
PCC Natural Markets has joined the fight to force food companies to label products that include genetically modified organisms, a practice found in much of Europe and in Australia, China and Japan.

The Seattle-based grocery chain said it will spend $100,000 to help collect signatures in support of legislative Initiative 522, which would require labeling in Washington of food with GMOs. The company also has launched an in-store signature-gathering campaign.

By early January, the I-522 campaign needs to submit 241,153 valid signatures to the state, at which point the initiative would go to the Legislature. If lawmakers do not enact the initiative as law in some form — and they usually don't — it would go before voters in November 2013.

Agribusiness giant Monsanto and others have spent more than $32 million to oppose a similar measure on the California ballot this fall. That's $10 million more than Costco Wholesale spent to support a successful liquor-privatization initiative in Washington in November 2011.

Still, the measure in California appears to be winning. A recent poll by USC Dornsife and the Los Angeles Times found 61 percent of registered voters there support the GMO-labeling proposition.
"Don't make any mistake, this is chemical companies" opposing labeling, said Trudy Bialic, director of public affairs at PCC. "It's the same people who brought us Agent Orange, DDT and PCBs, and they're saying now, 'Trust us with your food.' And people are saying, 'No, we want to know what's in it.' "

Opponents of I-522 say state labeling requirements are unnecessary and would become expensive for food companies and ultimately consumers, particularly if states pass varying laws.

Much of the U.S. food supply already contains genetically modified ingredients.

More than half of the corn and soybeans grown in this country come from genetically modified seeds, which means DNA was taken from one species and inserted into the DNA of another to create a particular type of plant, such as higher-yielding corn or a redder tomato.

Proponents say GMOs can boost the food supply and that genetic modification has taken place for centuries in the form of grafting trees and selecting crops for certain traits.

Indeed, the World Health Organization says it has not been shown that human health has been affected as a result of eating genetically modified foods.

Opponents say GMOs raise health concerns, in part because the inserted DNA sometimes comes from animals, bacteria and virusrs, not plants. They also dislike that GMO plants can cross-pollinate onto non-GMO farms, creating crops that are genetically modified even though farmers may not want them to be and may have trouble marketing them.

Then there is the export issue.

Wheat farmers in the U.S. and elsewhere have long opposed switching to GMO crops, largely because they can't sell those crops to countries that have bans and labeling requirements.

The Soil Association, a U.K.-based charity that is an advocate of healthful food and farming, estimates that U.S. farmers' inability to sell GMO crops to other countries might have cost the U.S. economy $12 billion from 1999 to 2001.

I-522 was filed by Chris McManus and his wife, Leah, a couple from Tacoma who eat vegan, organic food. After they watched GMO labeling bills die in the state House and Senate earlier this year, they decided something had to be done.

The owner of a small advertising firm, Chris McManus says he has spent the past six months putting his career "on hold to do this." He soon will start receiving a campaign manager's salary of $1,500 a month.

The state Public Disclosure Commission shows his cash contributions are only $260, but in-kind contributions from the couple and his firm total $8,758, which includes building the website LabelItWA.org.

The Northwest Food Processors Association, which represents small and large food companies, opposes I-522 because of the expense that would accompany varied state laws.

The issue should be handled at the federal level, said Dave Zepponi, association president. He added that buying organic should be enough for consumers wanting to avoid GMOs.

"You can effectively have the same outcome by buying organic. A product labeled organic cannot have GMOs in it," he said.

We are programmed for "learned helplessnes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness)" from the cradle... It is time to abort this program...
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFxeRl_ZxEjHef8Pk8Pxn6VdH3Jv_7q Rzwc2Ht5W1qlaoUMqQNE01rH6C7

Tony
11th October 2012, 11:32
And you think this a problem.....?! Try a taser bracelet.

2cBSRLrJbGg

bluestflame
11th October 2012, 11:34
can see the next step being taser handcuffs for people in custody that still want to resist arrest

Robert J. Niewiadomski
11th October 2012, 11:38
Quote from the man in the video (@1:48):

...Flying is not a ride. It is a privilege...
:faint2:
OK, i will take a walk...

The Truth Is In There
11th October 2012, 11:53
actually every food changes genes, even our beliefs change genes. otherwise we'd not get either sick or healthy just by changing our diet or even by just imagining disease or health.

the problem with gmo's is that they deliberately switch specific genes on or off which we are probably unable to switch back to their original position.

they're already doing this with a gene that produces infertility. the sperm is either destroyed in the male body if men eat this gmo food or in the female body after sex if women eat it. it's irreversible and a devious way to implement their depopulation agenda. we're going to see a lot more of this in the future if nothing happens to change where we're currently headed.

Kristin
11th October 2012, 13:15
GMO labeling is only the first step. We have to make GMO's illegal, period. Unfortunately we are dealing with a cross contamination issue. In Brazil there have been reposts of mysterious unmarked bags of corn seed showing up on trucks during planting time. Brazil used to be a non GMO country. They planted all the seed and found out later through testing that their crop had been contaminated. Then due to heavy lobbying by Monsanto, they caved in. They were already infiltrated so they made it legal. This is the type of ecological espionage that we are up against. It is devious and well planned. Farmers need to be diligent and have testing freely available to them in order to protect their crops. Remember, these genetics are patented. Monsanto can sue others (and do) for having GMO plants growing in their fields. It's ass backwards, excuse the term. What we are up against is evil, diabolical, silent, and invisible.

What we also need to be looking into are ways to repair the human genome. If a genetic trait can be easily added, it should be able to be repaired for future generations. There may be minerals, healing techniques, and other modalities of sound and thought combinations that we have all studied here that can be put to work for this purpose. Currently, Griff and I have been growing all of our own food. Non GMO and organically. We have noticed great differences in our health. We do the best we can to grow out food in a location that is as protected from cross pollination as possible. I watch our plants closely and weed out anything that is not appearing "normal". This technique is also being used in Mexico in order to try to weed out the contamination from corn crops. It is not full proof by any means, but it helps.

If you have any more interest in this side of the issue please watch the World According to Monsanto: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-world-according-to-monsanto/

From the Heart,
Kristin

Kristin
11th October 2012, 14:06
Guess who bought the leading research firm on bee hive collapse? You guessed it, Monsanto.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/08/what-biotech-company-blamed-for-bee-collapse-just-bought-leading-bee-research-firm.aspx

From the Heart,
Kristin

Maia Gabrial
11th October 2012, 15:50
This is why I'm suspicious of ALL studies of human bodies and behavior. Eventually, companies like Monsanto will take the research and turn it on humanity.

Sidney
11th October 2012, 17:17

the abuse of free will is already implemented simply by them not labeling the GMO foods. Therefore unsuspecting citizens have no idea that the lovely vegetables they are ingesting is killing off their digestive enzymes and ultimately their immune system.

Playdo of Ataraxas
11th October 2012, 20:43
I've been keeping up with Joseph Farrell's recent posting regarding Monsanto's "anti-human" GMO's. He posted two new ones today regarding cancer and cannabis, and more to the point, how the EU has sided with Monsanto by rejecting a recent French study and its findings on GMO's. Highly suggested reading:

http://gizadeathstar.com/2012/10/eu-sides-with-monstersanto-over-gmo-concerns/

http://gizadeathstar.com/2012/10/cancer-and-cannabis-new-study/

TargeT
11th October 2012, 21:03
We have to make GMO's illegal, period.

I disagree with that.

I think Labeling is the first and last step, Fraud is the key here.

If the information is available and the consumer base has a reasonable ability to easily identify that which they are buying; then GMO is not an issue, now perhaps GMO should be confined to "terminator seeds" only (so they will not continue to propagate themselves undesirably, or some other control that ensures they don't force the worlds plants to become GMO by aggressive propagation.)

Using the "government" to "keep us safe" is the root of the problems of today; continuing to do so would be un wise IMO.

It's like "traffic control devices" all they do is dumb us down so we automatically look for the "red or green" light before we act, people pay less attention to their surroundings and trust external devices instead of their own sense of awareness.

I would get rid of almost all traffic control devices too, there are too many lines and signs, I can't imagine what that constant bombardment of "commands" does to the psyche.

Kristin
11th October 2012, 21:31

I disagree with that.

If the information is available and the consumer base has a reasonable ability to easily identify that which they are buying; then GMO is not an issue, now perhaps GMO should be confined to "terminator seeds" only (so they will not continue to propagate themselves undesirably, or some other control that ensures they don't force the worlds plants to become GMO by aggressive propagation.)

Using the "government" to "keep us safe" is the root of the problems of today; continuing to do so would be un wise IMO.

It's like "traffic control devices" all they do is dumb us down so we automatically look for the "red or green" light before we act, people pay less attention to their surroundings and trust external devices instead of their own sense of awareness.

I would get rid of almost all traffic control devices too, there are too many lines and signs, I can't imagine what that constant bombardment of "commands" does to the psyche.

I hear you Target and I see your point. Unfortunately GMO's should never have been approved in the first place as the original studies showed that they were dangerous to begin with. GMO's were pushed through during the Bush era to enable commerce and "free and open trade" instead of following the guidelines of the FDA. To enable this further, the FDA was also subverted. Now the biological GMO damage done may not be reversible, the worlds corn for example will never be the same. Don't trust the government? Well, neither do I.

Governments are supposed to work hand in hand with and for the people. Governments were supposed to represent you and me. We should never fear our governments, they should fear us. But here we are. Labelling has to happen, do not misunderstand me. I agree with fully and support that statement. However, GMO's as they are now, are not safe for the environment, people, and the earth as a whole. When seeds that can not reproduce are put in the fields, it will be a sad day indeed for all of us. The world as we know it will never be the same. Cross pollination will carry the same trait into your own garden and into your own home, families, and friends. But I'm sure you know this.

Consumer choice is another issue. I personally feel that we should never have been put in the position to have to make this choice in the first place. However, things being the way that they are gives us no choice but to distrust everything that lies on the shelves that we have to choose from. That being said, CHOICE is very important and a needed step to protect us. Labelling... a big YES from me. Trust the Government? There are a few good eggs in there, but most of the dozen is rotten to the core. No, as a whole I do not trust the government in the US. They would have to earn my trust at this point.

From the Heart,
Kristin

music
11th October 2012, 21:32
There are days when I'll trust my anger and my pitch fork as tools, over the Supreme Court of the US :).

Anger, unrest, uprising, FEMA. It's want they want - it is the only way they can win - to anger enough people sufficiently that they take up arms and martial law can be declared. Once you get martial law in the USA, you are screwed, because THAT is the time the decent (but brainwashed) folk in the police and military will shoot you under order without question. They are not winning, and they know it. To hasten their demise, don't empower them with your anger - remove your energy, and expend it where it is more useful. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the US supreme court to do anything other than further the NWO agenda though.

music
11th October 2012, 21:36

I disagree with that.

I hear you Target and I see your point. Unfortunately GMO's should never have been approved in the first place as the original studies showed that they were dangerous to begin with. GMO's were pushed through during the Bush era to enable commerce and "free and open trade" instead of following the guidelines of the FDA. To enable this further, the FDA was also subverted. Now the biological GMO damage done may not be reversible, the worlds corn for example will never be the same. Don't trust the government? Well, neither do I.

Governments are supposed to work hand in hand with and for the people. Governments were supposed to represent you and me. We should never fear our governments, they should fear us. But here we are. Labelling has to happen, do not misunderstand me. I agree with fully and support that statement. However, GMO's as they are now, are not safe for the environment, people, and the earth as a whole. When seeds that can not reproduce are put in the fields, it will be a sad day indeed for all of us. The world as we know it will never be the same. Cross pollination will carry the same trait into your own garden and into your own home, families, and friends. But I'm sure you know this.

Consumer choice is another issue. I personally feel that we should never have been put in the position to have to make this choice in the first place. However, things being the way that they are gives us no choice but to distrust everything that lies on the shelves that we have to choose from. That being said, CHOICE is very important and a needed step to protect us. Labelling... a big YES from me. Trust the Government? There are a few good eggs in there, but most of the dozen is rotten to the core. No, as a whole I do not trust the government in the US. They would have to earn my trust at this point.

From the Heart,
Kristin

It is criminal fraud and deception. There are more than enough studies now that prove the detrimental internal organ changes associated with GMOs. We might as well just label mass-murderers or rapists "warning, social interaction with this human may be injurious to your health" rather than removing them from society.

TargeT
11th October 2012, 22:08

I disagree with that.

So again, Fraud is the root issue here (and a lot of that fraud rests in the hands of government)

[
I think that is a bit of a fatalistic point of view, but yes I agree (somewhat, in a less dramatic way) the consept of GMO could be a very good one, I do not want to halt it completely, but the Fraud (lies etc..) needs to be corrected and dealt with.

Really this is a “government out of control” issue isn’t it?

[

From the Heart,
Kristin

I don’t mind having the choice to do stupid things, in fact my concept of “stupid” or “dangerous” is very loose at the moment, a year ago I would have been deathly afraid to learn that my granite countertops are so radioactive that if it were to be inspected my house would be quarantined; now with education (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46819-A-video-they-won-t-want-you-to-see--Galen-Winsor-nuclear-scam- ) I’m not worried at all & am tempted to build a LFTR reactor at my house (if for nothing else but the publicity for the technology <>FREE (or cheap / easy) ENERGY NOW<>)
Untill we can trust the government to do even the smallest things we cannot call for anything to be “illegal” or banned, as it will probably just be twisted around in someway to F us over.

It is criminal fraud and deception. There are more than enough studies now that prove the detrimental internal organ changes associated with GMOs. We might as well just label mass-murderers or rapists "warning, social interaction with this human may be injurious to your health" rather than removing them from society.

You know, after they have paid restitution to their victims (which may be impossible, I don’t know how to deal with murder/rape in Common Law) I think that’s not too bad of an idea.

Our current “criminal justice” system certainly isn’t doing anything beneficial.

Kristin
11th October 2012, 22:18
I agree, fraud is the action. The root: Corporations controlling the national interest for nefarious reasons, the cause. Wasn't trying to be fatalistic, I have a great faith in the natural world and it's ability to heal itself, however I am also not afraid to state facts and look them squarely in the eye. Personally, and this is my choice alone, I would rather see my enemy complete and totally for what it is.

From the Heart,
Kristin

Ps. yes, the government in the US is out of control and this is only one of the many issues, unfortunately.

Paul
11th October 2012, 22:24
Ps. yes, the government in the US is out of control and this is only one of the many issues, unfortunately.
It's out of our control, the control of we the people.

It might be under some other control however :).

Yes, this is only one of the many issues, unfortunately.

DeDukshyn
11th October 2012, 22:30
I agree, fraud is the action. The root: Corporations controlling the national interest for nefarious reasons, the cause. Wasn't trying to be fatalistic, I have a great faith in the natural world and it's ability to heal itself, however I am also not afraid to state facts and look them squarely in the eye. Personally, and this is my choice alone, I would rather see my enemy complete and totally for what it is.

From the Heart,
Kristin

It's all likely just a small part of the bigger plan: Allow capitilism to become "THE" problem by wholly supporting ruthless corporations' efforts until they almost destroy the earth and humanity, then offer a new world communist government as the ultimate solution to protect us from the "evils"of capitalism after we cry for help. A one world communist government is their "prize" and everything they do in some way is to work toward this -- they have their bases well covered, at least, from their point of view.

It all comes down to our individual daily choices to quit serving them.

merkabagirll
12th October 2012, 01:49
This documentary (may have been posted elsewhere) is one of the most frightening I've seen to date ... its been taken off U-Tube but still available here and there.
http://panoffolin.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/2012-agenda-21-gmo-poison-and-the-genetic-roulette-full-documentary/

The Truth Is In There
12th October 2012, 09:36
as long as there are people who do everything for money, even things that are clearly detrimental to health (of others and even their own), there will always be problems like this. it's not just GMOs, its everything. law enforcement, food industry, big pharma, oil & gas, telecommunications industries (cell phones and wifi are totally safe, yeah), so called "child care", politics, banks ...you name it. it's all about people doing things they know are wrong for money. as long as money rules the world there will always be corruption and the depopulation of earth and degeneration of humanity will continue. GMOs are just the tip of the iceberg and the ice keeps growing (and submerging).

blufire
12th October 2012, 12:17
The sub banner or title on this forum is . . . . . where science and spirituality meet . . . of which, I personal resonate a great deal with. I feel this thread could be a great example of this more advanced way of thinking and more importantly (I feel) way of living, specifically melding spirituality with science.

Leonardo de Vinci, Nicolaus Copernicus and Galileo Galilei were unquestionably a few of our greatest scientific minds that moved humanity exponentially into a more progressive, knowledgeable, wiser futuristic way of global living, they were also highly spiritual men and respected in their religious knowledge . . . . . . they are also considered as a few of the more famous, influential Illuminati.

Most times extreme scientific advancement from a foundation that the majority of humanity has no knowledge, let alone wisdom of, cultivates fear and rejection.

What if some of the scientific advancements we are currently seeing . . . . which keep in mind most view is from “them” or ‘illuminati’ or ‘controllers’ . . . . are the next step in advancing humanity into a global scientifically advanced future?

AriG
12th October 2012, 12:52

From the Heart,
Kristin

It's all likely just a small part of the bigger plan: Allow capitilism to become "THE" problem by wholly supporting ruthless corporations' efforts until they almost destroy the earth and humanity, then offer a new world communist government as the ultimate solution to protect us from the "evils"of capitalism after we cry for help. A one world communist government is their "prize" and everything they do in some way is to work toward this -- they have their bases well covered, at least, from their point of view.

It all comes down to our individual daily choices to quit serving them.

One caveat though - it won't require communism. We'll take whatever they dish out freely. Communism would look like an attractive alternative by comparison, if we were actually capable of retaining memory to draw a comparison.

AriG
12th October 2012, 12:55
as long as there are people who do everything for money, even things that are clearly detrimental to health (of others and even their own), there will always be problems like this. it's not just GMOs, its everything. law enforcement, food industry, big pharma, oil & gas, telecommunications industries (cell phones and wifi are totally safe, yeah), so called "child care", politics, banks ...you name it. it's all about people doing things they know are wrong for money. as long as money rules the world there will always be corruption and the depopulation of earth and degeneration of humanity will continue. GMOs are just the tip of the iceberg and the ice keeps growing (and submerging).

The only people that do detrimental things for money are the lower echelon. The top of the pyramid uses money as a tool. When you amass 20 billion dollars of personal wealth, 90% of that money is unnecessary and is used as a tool to manipulate reality.

Paul
12th October 2012, 13:04
This documentary (may have been posted elsewhere) is one of the most frightening I've seen to date ... its been taken off U-Tube but still available here and there.
http://panoffolin.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/2012-agenda-21-gmo-poison-and-the-genetic-roulette-full-documentary/

If I understand correctly which video you have in mind, it still seems to be on Youtube :).

Here's the blurb, from the page you linked:

When the US government ignored repeated warnings by its own scientists and allowed untested genetically modified (GM) crops into our environment and food supply, it was a gamble of unprecedented proportions. The health of all living things and all future generations were put at risk by an infant technology.

After two decades, physicians and scientists have uncovered a grave trend. The same serious health problems found in lab animals, livestock, and pets that have been fed GM foods are now on the rise in the US population. And when people and animals stop eating genetically modified organisms (GMOs), their health improves.

This seminal documentary provides compelling evidence to help explain the deteriorating health of Americans, especially among children, and offers a recipe for protecting ourselves and our future.

Here's the video, from Youtube:

The World According to Monsanto CLwsPT2xc40

Paul
12th October 2012, 13:09
What if some of the scientific advancements we are currently seeing . . . . which keep in mind most view is from “them” or ‘illuminati’ or ‘controllers’ . . . . are the next step in advancing humanity into a global scientifically advanced future?
Yes - the same scientific advancements can either advance humanity, or suppress them.

Presently (for the last tens of thousands of years, at least) it seems that all too often, the suppressors hold a monopoly on the advancements.

DeDukshyn
12th October 2012, 19:11
Don't forget that all Earth and all life on Earth share the consequences of one being anger. The same is for love... You can not "fight" evil with more evil no matter how "justified" that lesser evil is. You can only transcend evil with love...

The other way is
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgtIVZlJS3ZRBxfC9Ao46KWPj0dwm4T Tv3dinCkR36MCetlUh6Ng
down the toilet...

PS
Paul, i hate to constantly argue with you...

I am agreeing with both you and Paul ... ;)

This has to be a multi faceted solution. We will need some people with balls and pitchforks, we'll need some with intellect, we'll need some with influence, we'll need many to just quietly stop serving these "masters" if they cannot contibrute actively, and we'll need spirit and love for humanity and our planet to drive all these endeavours.

Just bless the pitchforks with love before using them ;-)

blufire
12th October 2012, 19:13
Due to being in the farming industry and specifically organic farming I have been aware of GMO’s since they first starting appearing in the late 80’s and much of the information that now is rampant I knew back then or at least could somewhat project the problems that were bound to manifest. I feel I was in a somewhat unique position to watch this slowly unfold all these years as well as other related controversial topics.

The last year and especially the last several months I have started looking at events going on around us from a purposeful radically different position and I have been amazed at how many puzzle pieces that before would never fit and with this different perspectives they are falling neatly, although at times very troubling, into place.

You mentioned our ‘suppressors’ have held a monopoly on our advancements for many years . . . . have they? I look back just the past 200 years and I am blown away at how far we have come. Just think if we apply this same swift advancement to the next 100 to 200 years . . . . it is unfathomable to me where humanity may be and will be.

A fact about GMO farming and food that many don’t seem to understand or at least don’t want to acknowledge the raw Truth is that without gmo food and specifically gmo grains most of the world would starve to death. Is gmo food causing massive health problems . . . . yes undeniably . . . . but I think the scientist are slowly and methodically working through these issues.

But right now where we sit in our ability to grow enough food for billions of people the farmers have no other choice than to use genetically synthesized and altered seed. It is a wicked Truth, but do we let the world starve or do we use what we have available while we work toward better solutions?

Right now on a global food scale we have no other choice . . . .BUT . . . .those of us who are aware of the health problems of gmo food do have a choice and have the responsibility to help our families and communities find solutions to local healthy food alternatives.

Yes - the same scientific advancements can either advance humanity, or suppress them.

Presently (for the last tens of thousands of years, at least) it seems that all too often, the suppressors hold a monopoly on the advancements.

Paul
12th October 2012, 19:32
You mentioned our ‘suppressors’ have held a monopoly on our advancements for many years . . . . have they? I look back just the past 200 years and I am blown away at how far we have come. Just think if we apply this same swift advancement to the next 100 to 200 years . . . . it is unfathomable to me where humanity may be and will be.
I'll readily agree that they don't always hold such a monopoly ... just "all too often" (to quote myself). :)

Indeed, the Internet technology that we are using here to communicate is one example that I understand well, over which they do not hold a monopoly.

A fact about GMO farming and food that many don’t seem to understand or at least don’t want to acknowledge the raw Truth is that without gmo food and specifically gmo grains most of the world would starve to death. Is gmo food causing massive health problems . . . . yes undeniably . . . . but I think the scientist are slowly and methodically working through these issues.

Good point. Like more or less all technology, it can be used for good or evil.

As best as I can tell, the industrialized farming techniques that feed billions are also being used to deplete the soil, reduce the biodiversity, and weaken humanity. Currently, with the monopolized control over this technology held by Monsanto and friends, it is difficult to separate the good affects from the evil. Monsanto won't sell you a wheat or soybean seed that will grow in greater abundance, but without the round-up ready, terminator or other harmful genetics.

meeradas
12th October 2012, 19:42
For more than 20 yrs, a technology does exist which would render "the need for" GE quasi nil - which is also one reason why most of you haven't heard of it. Yet.
Another reason being the language barrier... info only available in German and French, until now.
The latest update is from 2009; i do hope the guys researching this are still around.

For all capable of understanding German, this playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9T0q0jncas&feature=share&list=UL_9T0q0jncas)as an intro (Have a look at the first 4 in the list, that should suffice . Beware, the "autoplay" function should be off, otherwise the playlist mixes the vids randomly, at least here. Better click on the consecutive videos to watch them in order).

This is "dynamite".

Update: Christian (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50743-Monsanto-could-produce-food-that-suppresses-a-specific-gene-in-all-who-eat-it&p=568282&viewfull=1#post568282)& Robert (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50743-Monsanto-could-produce-food-that-suppresses-a-specific-gene-in-all-who-eat-it&p=568311&viewfull=1#post568311)have found the info in English!

blufire
12th October 2012, 20:23
As best as I can tell, the industrialized farming techniques that feed billions are also being used to deplete the soil, reduce the biodiversity, and weaken humanity. Currently, with the monopolized control over this technology held by Monsanto and friends, it is difficult to separate the good affects from the evil. Monsanto won't sell you a wheat or soybean seed that will grow in greater abundance, but without the round-up ready, terminator or other harmful genetics.

Paul you are 100% correct in everything you have stated here.

Industrialized farming techniques, because of the massive scale, are and have already depleted the little farmable soil we have globally. It is literally dead dirt . . no minerals or vitamins or anything ‘live’ at all . . . . but sadly and heartbreaking, do we just not feed people? Or at least should we put some kind of food in their bellies until our technology develops new practices?

Monsanto and others hold the monopoly over this technology and by the design of their products they have to very tightly control its use. I receive every year from Monsanto, Bayer and other chemical companies their very expensive catalogs and guides on how to use their product . . . they are extremely difficult to understand.

The terminator gene was put in place as a control to keep the seed from ‘randomly mutating’ on its own. It was a scientific stop gap and control and one that personally I think was very responsible on their part. Does the seed still mutate and hybridize natural growing plants . . . yes. And yes, the terminator gene does require the farmer to buy new seed and chemicals each year, but this way the advancement and ‘bugs’ are being worked through growing season by growing season.

But again the choice is let people starve on a global scale or feed them at least something.

And again . . . we on this forum and other websites have the knowledge of the horrible downside of gmo-food and we have a choice. Learn again to grow your own food as your grand-parents and great grand-parents did or pitch in together as a community and build a community homestead.

gooty64
12th October 2012, 20:53
A big problem is the meat eating.

Practically the entire central plains is a field that raises meat. (Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois)

So fat rich guys can go to the steakhouse daily and Walmart mommas can take the herd to MacDonalds or Wendys for hamburgers or Baconators!

Can you imagine if we ate little or no meat?

All that acreage could be homesteads growing grains, veggies and some fruit.

Ug75diEyiA0

blufire
12th October 2012, 21:03
But who would farm those grains and veggies and who would be willing to work those homesteads? . . . . . . there are very very few of us who do . . . . even here on Avalon there are maybe a handful who are self sustaining and reliant.

A big problem is the meat eating.

Practically the entire central plains is a field that raises meat. (Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois)

So fat rich guys can go to the steakhouse daily and Walmart mommas can take the herd to MacDonalds or Wendys for hamburgers or Baconators!

Can you imagine if we ate little or no meat?

All that acreage could be homesteads growing grains, veggies and some fruit.

gooty64
12th October 2012, 21:32
But who would farm those grains and veggies and who would be willing to work those homesteads? . . . . . . there are very very few of us who do . . . . even here on Avalon there are maybe a handful who are self sustaining and reliant.

Good question. I would.
I really don't know who else would.
It's MAD world.
Dysfunctional, unsustainable civilization.
Out of balance, unfair, corrupt, greedy, fake etc.
I know, you know the drill, preaching to the choir here.
My guess is precipitating event takes toys away from consumers and causes great awakening somehow.

DeDukshyn
12th October 2012, 21:59
A fact about GMO farming and food that many don’t seem to understand or at least don’t want to acknowledge the raw Truth is that without gmo food and specifically gmo grains most of the world would starve to death.

I 100% disagree with this statement.

If GMO is so great why is hunger and a lack of food one of our #1 current global crises? If I hired someone to prevent starvation and hunger and his solution was GMOs I'd fire his ass for being a miserable failure. GMOs have NOT alleviated hunger or food issues in the world.

Consider this: There is enough resources and money to feed everyone in the world -- literally there is. The issue is that alleviating this problem has never been the "plan". Despite all the promise of GMOs saving humanity from hunger -- show me some evidence that this has even remotely happened. It is merely a bait and switch.

What GMOs has done is increased yields for big agra -- and what effect has that had? Less starving people? No, the effect has been more profit driven by media 'forced' (brainwashing) greater consumerism in countries that can afford what they want to charge and increased excess-ism in already established countries, for them to fuel this plan with. Feeding hungry people will only be part of that plan as bait. Ever. That is it. GMOs make huge profit for evil corporations -- they did not and will not feed the worlds hungry.

GMOs were created with good intentions .. just as the road to hell is paved with them.

There have already been old world agra methods that have been revived from hawaii's and mayan / aztech / inca's past practices that have proven far superior to anything that GMOs have offered -- big agra is working very hard to keep these methods suppressed, but they are researchable, just not yet commonly known.

Don't fall for the bait ... we don't need GMO's and never have.

My 2 cents ;)

Kristin
12th October 2012, 22:08
Based on what I've studied, sustainable organic permaculture produces higher yields then GMO monoculture, the higher yield earning is an urban myth.

DeDukshyn
12th October 2012, 22:13
Based on what I've studied, sustainable organic permaculture produces higher yields then GMO monoculture, the higher yield earning is an urban myth.

Exactly what I have also been reading recently. But GMOs have made it easier for big agra to make profit. Faster growth=more cycles, less pest/fungal damage=less QC needed=more profits. Of course while this may be shown on a case basis -- it is not remotely sustainable. No one these days ever thinks very far into the future when their intentions are driven by greed.

We also all must keep in mind the effect of upsetting nature's balances -- GMO's likely have a far greater reaching effect on earth's ecosystems than we can document.

christian
13th October 2012, 11:35
For more than 20 yrs, a technology does exist which would render "the need for" GE quasi nil - which is also one reason why most of you haven't heard of it. Yet.
Another reason being the language barrier... info only available in German and French, until now.
The latest update is from 2009; i do hope the guys researching this are still around.

There's English info on it available already. This is from their homepage:

The "Primeval Code" – the ecological alternative to controversial genetic engineering!

Can the global food problem at last be solved – without using genetic engineering? In his new book the "Primeval Code" (Munich 2007) Swiss journalist Luc Bürgin unveils the secret of a sensational biological discovery at the pharmaceutical giant Ciba (now Novartis), which unfortunately has been ignored by the experts up to the present day. In laboratory experiments the researchers there Dr. Guido Ebner and Heinz Schürch exposed cereal seeds and fish eggs to an "electrostatic field" – in other words, to a high voltage field, in which no current flows.

Unexpectedly primeval organisms grew out of these seeds and eggs: a fern that no botanist was able to identify; primeval corn with up to twelve ears per stalk; wheat that was ready to be harvested in just four to six weeks. And giant trout, extinct in Europe for 130 years, with so-called salmon hooks. It was as if these organisms accessed their own genetic memories on command in the electric field, a phenomenon, which the English biochemist, Rupert Sheldrake, for instance believes is possible.

The Swiss pharmaceutical group patented the process – and then stopped the research in 1992. Why? Because "primeval cereals" generated by an electric field, in contrast to modern strains of seeds, require hardly any fertilisers or pesticides – i.e. crop protection agents, sold as priority products by Ciba at that time. The discovery was soon forgotten, without the global scientific community taking any notice.

>> read more (http://www.urzeitcode.com/english/)

As far as I can see, this phenomenon is legit.

http://vimeo.com/14844889

Robert J. Niewiadomski
13th October 2012, 13:21
Thanx Christian for that info! It reminded me of a slightly simmilar method of enhancing plant growth with HV static electricity called "electro culture". Here is a link to RexResearch page dedicated to it...
http://www.rexresearch.com/elculture/elculture.htm

[update]
There is also page dedicated to Ebner effect at RexResearch!
http://www.rexresearch.com/ebner/ebner.htm

meeradas
13th October 2012, 23:29
[update]
There is also page dedicated to Ebner effect at RexResearch!
http://www.rexresearch.com/ebner/ebner.htm

Excellent find, Robert!

Carmody
14th October 2012, 01:34

The trash can be taken out without being emotional. Even Buddhists can kill, under the right situations. One part of it, in the given point of allowance...is that they are not emotional about it. I'm not saying that this is specifically the situation.

Basically, if someone is trying to wipe out my avatar, no one said I had to be angry to be effective in dealing with the threat.

What is the shortest and cleanest distance between two given points?

The head of what is going on in and at Monsanto does know what it is doing ----in my opinion. That it is doing so in full knowledge of what karma, rebirth, learning, schooling (earth as a school) and so on..is.

And when it does that, the consequences are entirely different.

The Truth Is In There
14th October 2012, 10:08

The only people that do detrimental things for money are the lower echelon. The top of the pyramid uses money as a tool. When you amass 20 billion dollars of personal wealth, 90% of that money is unnecessary and is used as a tool to manipulate reality.

in which world do you live? you're saying the people who poison the air, water, soil and food, create new diseases, wage wars, fill sick people with chemicals in order to keep them sick for life, cut down rainforests, create gmo plants and so on don't do it for money?

if you think so you don't seem to know the world you're living in. all these things exist only because, given the chance, a large part of humanity would eventually become greedy, corrupt, selfish, and would do everything for just the right amount of wealth, power or fame.

we all start with a clean slate into our lives. now see what happens to most people who are offered the chance to wealth, power and fame. they use it to their own advantage instead of trying to make everyone benefit. they make the world a worse place instead of a better one. see how marvelously it worked (again).

humanity is an experiment to try and see if beings with apparent disconnection from the creator can live together in a manner that mirrors the inherent qualities of the creator, unconditional love being the foremost one. it's not the first try and it won't be the last. look around and acknowledge that this experiment failed miserably (again), which is the reason why we'll all have to start again after a large part of humanity has been removed from the face of the earth. wait and watch.

Paul
14th October 2012, 21:25

in which world do you live? you're saying the people who poison the air, water, soil and food, create new diseases, wage wars, fill sick people with chemicals in order to keep them sick for life, cut down rainforests, create gmo plants and so on don't do it for money?

if you think so you don't seem to know the world you're living in. all these things exist only because, given the chance, a large part of humanity would eventually become greedy, corrupt, selfish, and would do everything for just the right amount of wealth, power or fame.
I'd guess you're both right - at some level :).

The visible Bastards in Power, such as the Presidents and CEO's and their chief henchmen, seem to be quite greedy when it comes to money, using money as a means of keeping score.

But behind them, less visible to us ordinary folks, are those who get to create and control the very meaning of money in our civilization. Those entities (humans?) no more lust for money than a cop with a bad attitude lusts for electric jolts from his taser. Money is a tool for them. They use it to manipulate humanity. Sometimes gold has been valued more, sometimes silver (Oriental cultures for millenia valued silver higher than gold, from what I read in Joseph Farrell's works), sometimes petrodollars. Sometimes fiat currency is issued by governments debt free, and sometimes it is issued in exchange for indebtedness by central banks. In most major cases, some entities are likely deciding those matters, behind closed doors.

Paul
18th October 2012, 00:23
Joseph P. Farrell has weighed in on this topic: THE “CHYMICAL WEDDING” OF MON(STER)SANTO (http://gizadeathstar.com/2012/10/the-chymical-wedding-of-monstersanto/).

Here's a (longish) excerpt from Farrell's post:
============================

Here’s why Mon(ster)santo wants the technology:

“In a nutshell, Alnylam specializes in a technology known as RNA interference (RNAi) that involves deliberately silencing the expression of genes throughout the body for the purpose of preventing the production of proteins that some scientists believe are responsible for causing disease. By artificially blocking production of these proteins, RNAi technology (http://www.naturalnews.com/technology.html) is believed to have the potential to effectively block the development of disease, which is why many major drug companies have also signed on as strategic partners with Alnylam.

“But Monsanto (http://www.naturalnews.com/Monsanto.html) is an agricultural company, not a pharmaceutical company, which begs the obvious question as to why this multinational company has suddenly decided to shell out nearly $30 million with promises of perpetual royalty payments to gain access to this emerging technology. As it turns out, Monsanto has plans to roll out all sorts of new genetically-modified (GM) crops, crop pesticides and herbicides, and various other technologies with built-in RNAi modifications, which could turn future GM food (http://www.naturalnews.com/food.html) crops into ‘drugs.’”

Before we go any further, it is easy to predict what one possible consequence of such tinkering – all for the sake of Mon(ster)santo’s bottom line – will lead to. Let us imagine genetically modified “crops” that are engineered as drugs to suppress every possible disease. In the end, consumption of such “food” will lead to the atrophy of the body’s natural immune system. One may think of HIV, on steroids. There will possibly be no ability left to suppress germs. “Use it, or lose it,” the old saying goes, and I suspect it is particularly true of the bio-defensive architectures built into all life.

If that sounds fanciful, then consider this statement from the article:

"But such experimental gene-tampering is already taking place elsewhere, and it is proving to be a complete failure. In Australia, for instance, field trials of a novel variety of GM wheat with RNAi alterations have been disastrous, as the modified gene expressions in the wheat are also modifying human genes in the liver. Researchers are now warning that human children who eat this GM wheat could actually die before reaching the age of five. (http://www.naturalnews.com)"

Die before the age of five? maybe, just maybe, that’s the real agenda: feed all of us the genetically modified crudola, while TPTB eat the real food, made from real seeds, carefully nurtured through argonomic practice over thousands of years.
============================
You can read more at his post: THE “CHYMICAL WEDDING” OF MON(STER)SANTO (http://gizadeathstar.com/2012/10/the-chymical-wedding-of-monstersanto/).

DeDukshyn
18th October 2012, 01:45
There will possibly be no ability left to suppress germs. “Use it, or lose it,” the old saying goes, and I suspect it is particularly true of the bio-defensive architectures built into all life.

And this is obviously for control -- eventually it becomes -- "eat our foods and live in our system or die horrible disease" -- because of a compromised immune system. People wouldn't even be able to leave their "economies" if they wanted to. They're thinking extreme long term control without considering the long term consequences of such actions. One of the supposed theories of how the greys became "greys" comes to mind.

Carmody
18th October 2012, 03:02
Well, to get back to what some think is trash, and that is the Dan Burisch story of divergent timelines. That the greys are us, from far in the future. And that they have decimated themselves. A bunch of psycho fascists that have genetically manipulated themselves into trash, you see.....but that the greys are a manufactured 'servant' class.

And that there was a split.

HHmmmmm....

For I have analyzed the Looking glass technology and the yellowbook technology, and I see no fault in it's reasoning, and that I fully believe I could make either, given the resources.

And I myself experience 'timesense', the ability to see into the future.

Getting freaky enough for you, yet?

There will possibly be no ability left to suppress germs. “Use it, or lose it,” the old saying goes, and I suspect it is particularly true of the bio-defensive architectures built into all life.

And this is obviously for control -- eventually it becomes -- "eat our foods and live in our system or die horrible disease" -- because of a compromised immune system. People wouldn't even be able to leave their "economies" if they wanted to. They're thinking extreme long term control without considering the long term consequences of such actions. One of the supposed theories of how the greys became "greys" comes to mind.

I made my post before I read yours. I see that the 'greys' are coming to mind, now. Things seem to be falling into place.

Since it is believed that we can't have anything but dimensional overlap, not perfect time travel to the identical same 'place', we may be coming close to a given split point. Or the potential 'time loop'/shift/split point. Like the one I think I felt in 2000. (To time travel to the past may be what causes a 'split' in potential futures/overlap)

And if it is all 'voltage field' as the ciba (ciba, chemical company, I.G. Farben, Nazi's and the Nazi bell...and so on) research suggests or illustrates and that the philosopher's stone works via this principle of energetically shifted cooper pairs for dimensional or energetic egress..well... the paperworks and the proofs are already on the table and emergent in 'normal' society. And if that 'consciousness is energy', then.... awareness becomes the split?

The next thought in that cascade or domino effect of thoughts..is.. where does this leave the works of Dolores Canon and Micheal Newton? It leaves them firmly on the table, is what.

Ouch.

From that, the best potential to be, to have happen...would be if..the greys now move forward from their nested loop, their 47,000 year mess up/shuffle, in time....and the rest of us continue forward, with this sort of nested loop 'associating' with us, for a while...but passing us by, seemingly. Thus..'looking glass' is blank (cannot read the future), until the specific moment has passed. Which is the circulated story - thus another bit fits. (That apparently..Humans are told to not mess with the gate/time technology, until the specific time has passed. Otherwise.....messy stuff, and so on)

Carmody
18th October 2012, 03:36

My brother-in-law worked in a class one clean room. They were told to 'get out and get dirty', each 4 hours.

If not, their immune systems would shut down from the constant exposure to the clean room environment.

Paul
23rd October 2012, 03:23

From GM Wheat May Damage Human Genetics Permanently (GreenMedInfo.com) (http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/gm-wheat-may-damage-human-genetics-permanently) comes another confirmation of this problem:

The Australian government, in the form of its science research arm, is joining Agribusiness profiteering by designing a GM wheat that could kill people who eat it & be inherited by their children.

by Heidi Stevenson

We have not yet seen the worst damage that genetic engineering may do. Australia's governmental agency, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is developing a wheat species that is engineered to turn off genes permanently.

Professor Jack Heinemann at the University of Canterbury's Centre for Integrated Research in Biosafety has studied the wheat's potential. Digital Journal reports that he says1:

What we found is that the molecules created in this wheat, intended to silence wheat genes, can match human genes, and through ingestion, these molecules can enter human beings and potentially silence our genes. The findings are absolutely assured. There is no doubt that these matches exist.
The implications are clarified by Professor Judy Carman of Flinders University:

If this silences the same gene in us that it silences in the wheat—well, children who are born with this enzyme not working tend to die by the age of about five.

Silencing the equivalent gene in humans that is silenced in this genetically modified wheat holds the potential of killing people. But it gets worse. Silenced genes are permanently silenced and can be passed down the generations.
Silenced Genes

The wheat genes involved are called SEI. The specific sequences of those genes are being termed classified confidential information. CSIRO, which is part of the Australian government, is developing a commercial application, but refuses to divulge the information that's most significant to the people of Australia! The government is apparently more interested in profits than in the people's safety.

You can read more at GM Wheat May Damage Human Genetics Permanently (GreenMedInfo.com) (http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/gm-wheat-may-damage-human-genetics-permanently)

onawah
23rd October 2012, 04:40
I think there is some confusion about the Greys, which according to some sources, are cloned, synthetic beings without real sovereignty
As opposed to the Zeta Reticulans, who look similar to Greys, though they are not synthetic, but were, according to many sources, much like us at some point in their history until they trashed their planet and were forced to live underground or in space.
Of course, it all depends on what you've read, but I don't think this controversy has ever been settled once and for all...

applecrusher1992
24th October 2012, 04:47

You are somewhat wrong with this statement. But if you change "could produce" with "is producing" then you have it right. :)

Paul
24th October 2012, 05:00
But if you change "could produce" with "is producing"
Good point :).

TargeT
24th October 2012, 06:32

who would farm grains at all... I think grains are apart of the enslavement of man kind, this ultra dense food production only encourages population density, which seems to encourage consolidated control, it was (as we know it) introduced in Egyptian times exactly for that purpose. they also convert into a poison (Sugar) which is another controlling device, as old slaves are bad slaves.

GMO, especially GMO that alters gene's is just a continuation of this trend... it's all there for anyone who cares to look (IMO).

anyway, I digress.

WanderingRogue
24th October 2012, 07:58
Sooooo.... I found this. It shows the results from a study on the effects of glusophates in rats. It mostly shows that glusophates are harmless in low quantities, but it also shows the effects of high doses. Just thought it was interesting.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/jmpr/jmpmono/v097pr04.htm

Hervé
26th October 2012, 03:56
From Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/037665_GMO_scientists_organ_damage.html

What more needs to be said?

Scientist that discovered GMO health hazards immediately fired, team dismantled

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Though it barely received any media attention at the time, a renowned British biochemist who back in 1998 exposed the shocking truth about how genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) cause organ damage, reproductive failure, digestive dysfunction, impaired immunity, and cancer, among many other conditions, was immediately fired from his job, and the team of researchers who assisted him dismissed from their post within 24 hours from the time when the findings went public.

Arpad Pusztai, who is considered to be one of the world's most respected and well-learned biochemists, had for three years led a team of researchers from Scotland's prestigious Rowett Research Institute (RRI) in studying the health effects of a novel GM potato with built-in Bt toxin. Much to the surprise of many, the team discovered that, contrary to industry rhetoric, Bt potato was responsible for causing severe health damage in test rats, a fact that was quickly relayed to the media out of concern for public health.

But rather than be praised for their honest assessment into this genetically-tampered potato, Pusztai and his colleagues were chastised by industry-backed government authorities, including British Prime Minister Tony Blair, whose office was discovered to have secretly contacted RRI just hours after Pusztai and his team announced the results of their study on television. For speaking the truth, Pusztai was immediately fired from his position, and his team dismissed from their positions at the school.

Research out of Egypt finds similar results - GMOs cause severe, long-term health damage

As reported recently in Egypt Independent, similar research by Hussein Kaoud from Cairo University's Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene also made some fascinating, though politically incorrect, discoveries about the effects of GMOs on the body. After feeding nine groups of rats varying combinations of GM soy, corn, wheat, and canola, Kaoud and his team observed that these genetic poisons clearly obstructed the normal function of the animals, affirming Pusztai's research.

"I recorded the alteration of different organs, shrinkage of kidneys, change in the liver and spleen, appearance of malignant parts in the tissues, (and) kidney failure and hemorrhages in the intestine," said Kaoud about the effects of GMOs as observed in the test rats. "The brain functions were touched as well, and the rats' learning and memory abilities were seriously altered."

In Kaoud's case, his groundbreaking findings will soon be published in the respected journals Neurotoxicology and Ecotoxicology. But it remains to be seen whether or not the scientific community at large, which is heavily influenced by biotechnology interests, and the political structures that control it will accept the results as valid, or pull a similar character assassination on Kaoud and his team as punishment for defying the status quo.

What all this clearly illustrates, of course, is that modern science can hardly be considered the independent, truth-seeking, "gold standard" of interpreting and understanding reality that many people mistakenly think it is. The truth about GMOs, as uncovered by mounds of independent research, is that they are inadequately safety tested, at best, and deadly at worst. But this fact remains shrouded in deception, thanks to the corporatized, pro-GMO culture of mainstream science.

Sources for this article include:

http://www.egyptindependent.com (http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/tests-rats-suggest-genetically-modified-foods-pose-health-hazards)

http://www.naturalnews.com (http://www.naturalnews.com/037249_GMO_study_cancer_tumors_organ_damage.html)

http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dangers

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037665_GMO_scientists_organ_damage.html#ixzz2ANE8V TqP

angelahedgehog
26th October 2012, 12:45
Slightly off topic but sort of on-topic:

I want to stress that genes can be turned on and off more easily than people might think. Several times I have been able to change my own gene expression in some experiments.

The simplest way to do this is via caloric restriction. The way it works is this: reduce caloric intake to ~500 calories a day for an extended period of time (don't actually try this unless you know what you are doing or you will surely end up with a deficiency). For me, this process takes a few weeks to a month to get underway. You will notice changes in your body and the way it works altogether. For example during those first few weeks, hunger is going to not be friendly, but after your body realizes it's not going to be getting more food this will almost completely subside, and you body will become extremely efficient. The body will become weaker, as it routes energy formerly used for muscles to more vital processes, but it may not get smaller - I actually gained a little weight during one of these processes, due to the increase in efficiency.

I think you might be onto something here .... I think of it as a kind of fast ... I found that I felt a lot better for doing it over the months and it definitely was beneficial for improving my body's chemistry, though it took a long time for my digestion and metabolism to recover ...
Perhaps this is an area of science that requires further study - perhaps a post 2012 activity? Perhaps already being studied (we can hope) :)

What is alarming is traveling through a country where there are GM crops as far as the eye can see - and they're the mass market's staple food ...

There is so much coming to light now about the dangers of GM food that certain governments have rejected them. We just need to keep talking about it - everywhere. There is almost enough evidence to launch class action suits that could theoretically force the industry to change / shut down - compensation culture and all that. But it's all going to take time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208452/Russia-suspends-import-use-American-GM-corn-study-revealed-cancer-risk.html

http://www.farmersguardian.com/home/business/business-news/consumers-reject-gm-food/35603.article

Remember that at one time doctors endorsed smoking as being good for your health. ;)

Hervé
6th December 2012, 07:06
Found this interesting tidbit about Monsanto's "Roundup Ready":

Genetically Modified Seed Giant DuPont to Unleash Seed Police

DuPont will use seed security firm to monitor if farmers have saved Roundup Ready soybeans

- Common Dreams staff
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/11/30-7

Agricultural behemoth and genetically modified seed maker Dupont is preparing to send out former police officers (https://rt.com/usa/news/gmo-agro-dupont-intellectual-926/) as "soybean police" to enforce its seed patents.

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/commondreams.org/files/imagecache/headline_image/article_images/dupontseedpolice.jpg

"It’s the same thing that Monsanto has been doing. A few people want to control all of agriculture," says George Nayor, who unsuccessfully sued Monsanto. (photo: Shubert Ciencia via flickr) As Monsanto has done in the past, DuPont will be looking for evidence that farmers have saved and replanted its Roundup Ready soybean seeds, a practice that violates that company's contract.

Bloomberg reports that Dupont has hired Saskatoon, Saskatchewan-based Agro Protection International to do the policing, a company which conducts farm visits to determine "appropriate usage" of seeds and to create deterrence of illegally using their client's products, the company explains (http://www.agroprotection.com/site_content.php?page_id=3).

Critics see the move as more evidence of corporate control over agriculture.
"Farmers are never going to get cheap access to these genetically engineered varieties," Bloomberg quotes Charles Benbrook, a research professor at Washington State University’s Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources, as saying. "The biotech industry has trumped the legitimate economic interests of the farmer again by raising the ante on intellectual property."

And the Des Moines Register quotes George Nayor, who sued Monsanto in 1999 over use of genetically modified seeds.

"It’s the same thing that Monsanto has been doing. A few people want to control all of agriculture," Nayor said (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121129/BUSINESS01/311290092/0/features/?odyssey=nav|head) of DuPont's policing.

The Des Moines Register (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121129/BUSINESS01/311290092/0/features/?odyssey=nav|head) explains why DuPont is now following the path of Monsanto in seed-policing:

Monsanto has sued to protect its Roundup Ready trait, which is widely licensed to DuPont Pioneer and other seed companies. The seed’s DNA genetics have been modified to enable the soybean plant to thrive after Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide has been applied.
But the patent for Roundup Ready expires next year.
DuPont Pioneer and other seed companies are thus left on their own to enforce other biotechnology or breeding patents that may be in a single soybean plant.

That leaves two options for when the patent expires: either there will be an "explosion" of cheap generic RoundupReady seeds or a ban of the product like happened with Freon as a cooling agent when the patent expired via the cry over the ozone layer.