PDA

View Full Version : Nobel Peace Prize 2012: European Union Wins For Role In Uniting Continent

Kryztian
12th October 2012, 13:15
I am speechless about this one. Three years ago the prize was awarded to Obama, the man who has filled the skies of Waziristan and Yemen with deadly drones. Thirty years ago, it went to a mass genocidal murderer, Henry Kissinger. And now, ladies and gentlemen, I eagerly await your comments.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/nobel-peace-prize-2012-eu_n_1960489.html

OSLO, Norway (AP) — The European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for its efforts to promote peace and democracy in Europe – an award given even though the bloc is struggling with its biggest crisis since it was created in the 1950s.

The Norwegian prize committee said the EU was being honored for six decades of contributions "to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe."

"The stabilizing part played by the European Union has helped to transform a once-torn Europe from a continent of war to a continent of peace," Nobel committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland said.

The EU grew out of the tremendous devastation of World War II, fueled by the conviction that ever-closer economic ties would make sure that century-old enemies never turned on each other again. It's now made up of 500 million people in 27 nations, with other nations lined up, waiting to join.

But the European project is now facing its greatest challenge yet – a debt crisis that has stirred deep tensions between north and south, caused unemployment to soar across the bloc and is threatening the euro, the common currency used by 17 of its members.

Social media exploded with strong reactions Friday, both for and against, awarding the prize – worth 8 million Swedish kronor ($1.2 million).

"The EU is an unique project that replaced war with peace, hate with solidarity. Overwhelming emotion for awarding of (hash)Nobel prize to EU," Martin Schulz, president of the European Parliament, wrote in a tweet.

"Nobel prize for the EU. At a time Brussels and all of Europe is collapsing in misery. What next? An Oscar for Van Rompuy?" said Dutch euro-skeptic lawmaker Geert Wilders, referring to Herman Van Rompuy, president of the European Council.

The idea of a united Europe began to take on a more defined shape when, on May 9, 1950, French Foreign Minister Robert Schuman proposed that France and the Federal Republic of Germany pool their coal and steel resources in a new organization that other European countries could join.

"Today war between Germany and France is unthinkable. This shows how, through well-aimed efforts and by building up mutual confidence, historical enemies can become close partners," the committee said.

The citation also noted the democratic conditions the EU has demanded of all those nations waiting to join, referred to Greece and Spain when they joined the 1980 after dictatorships, and to the countries in Eastern Europe who sought EU membership after the 1989 fall of the Berlin Wall.

"The EU is currently undergoing grave economic difficulties and considerable social unrest," Jagland said. "The Norwegian Nobel Committee wishes to focus on what it sees as the EU's most important result: the successful struggle for peace and reconciliation and for democracy and human rights.

It was not yet clear who would accept the prize for the EU.

The EU has been seen as possible candidate for the Nobel for many years, and the members of the committee had previously praised the community's significance as a promoter of peace and democracy in Europe. The chairman, Jagland, is also the secretary-general of the Council of Europe, a human rights group.

But skepticism against the EU runs high in oil-rich Norway, which is not a member and where popular opinion is firmly against membership. Norwegian voters rejected joining the EU twice, in 1972 and 1994.

Over time, the EU has grown from six countries to 27, absorbing countries in Eastern Europe as they emerged from decades under communist rule.

The EU's success in making war between Germany and France unthinkable is beyond dispute. On the contrary, those two countries these days tend to be the EU's dominant players, with the French president and the German chancellor often getting together to, in effect, hash out EU policy. Britain has always been a half-hearted member since joining in the 1970s, and is not part of the 17-nation eurozone which shares a common currency.

While there have never been wars inside EU territory, the confederation has not been able to prevent European wars outside its borders. When the deadly Balkans wars erupted in the 1990s, the EU was unable by itself to stop them. It was only with the help of the United States and after over 100,000 lives were lost was peace eventually restored in Bosnia and Kosovo.

iceni tribe
12th October 2012, 13:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1OQBjJmeY&feature=watch_response

here is what Max Keiser has to say about it .

modwiz
12th October 2012, 14:04
We need to just ignore the obvious deceptive wording of the prize and see it for the NWO trinket and award it is.

Move along. There is nothing to see here except the same old sh!t.

I guess renaming it the Nobel Prize for Being An Acknowledged NWO Tool would be to much to ask of them.:rolleyes: Only the foolish do not see what the real story is here.

Flash
12th October 2012, 14:22
Well, the Nobel Prize society is definitly infiltrated. I am happy for those scientist receiving the money, most probably because they are, knowingly or not from themselves, right on target with what is needed for futhering the actual government/industry agenda.

meeradas
12th October 2012, 14:45
The peak of ridicule.

And again: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?50743-Monsanto-could-produce-food-that-suppresses-a-specific-gene-in-all-who-eat-it&p=567261#post567261

Maia Gabrial
12th October 2012, 15:47
The Nobel Piece prize doesn't mean anything anymore, don't you all agree? giving one to Obama proved that. There have been 4 Nobel Laureates who found the cure for cancer and yet that wasn't enough to get passed the Rockefeller owned FDA for approval. That should tell us something, too....

Rex
12th October 2012, 16:52
I don't get it.

Shouldn't the prize go to a person, or maybe even a team of people? Has it ever gone to a country before? Or a collection of countries? Isn't this promoting fascism/nationalism?

Isn't the euro about to tank? What about the countries that aren't "allowed" to join? How does that promote peace?

Man, is this just a transparent attempt to throw some weight behind the crumbling EU? This prize has become irrelevant...

The REAL peace prize goes to all you folks who are changing the world the "Bruce Almighty" way, with one act of kindness at a time.

modwiz
12th October 2012, 17:06
I don't get it.
Man, is this just a transparent attempt to throw some weight behind the crumbling EU? This prize has become irrelevant...

The REAL peace prize goes to all you folks who are changing the world the "Bruce Almighty" way, with one act of kindness at a time.

LOL. If I want a prize I'll buy a breakfast cereal with one inside.

Do they still have those things? :confused:

Dennis Leahy
12th October 2012, 17:12
"Bill Clinton's left testicle."

Yes, Max Kaiser is absolutely correct in his assessment.

Dennis

modwiz
12th October 2012, 17:14
"Bill Clinton's left testicle."

Where'd he leave it? :jester:

Wind
12th October 2012, 17:19
What a joke.

Kryztian
12th October 2012, 19:29
After doing so more reading on the subject I realize it could have been worse:

- Bill Gates was a front runner for the prize!

- At least the EU wasn't awarded the economics prize.

sdv
12th October 2012, 20:21
This prize has become irrelevant...

And the above sums it up. Gosh the Nobel Committee is really reaching!

jackovesk
12th October 2012, 22:18
Disclaimer:

Why "I LOVE" this story - See PS below

Nigel Farage Slams Nobel Peace Prize Farce As “Insurgency And Violence” Reign

Zero Hedge
October 12, 2012

We noted earlier the somewhat surrealistic decision to award the Nobel Peace Prize to the European Union (though entirely consistent it would seem given their previous ‘Obama’ decision) but now UKIP’s Nigel Farage has weighed in with his ‘boots on the ground’ perspective of this farce. “You only have to open your eyes to see the increasing violence and division within the EU which is caused by the Euro project” he said, adding that “the awarding of this prize to the EU brings it into disrepute.” We suspect that reputation is already ‘diss’ed but analogizing the tragic imposition of a new flag on Yugoslavia, Farage concludes: “Rather than bring peace and harmony, the EU will cause insurgency and violence.” We can only assume that Bin Laden’s death forced the ‘Nobel’s to quick recount.

Via UKIP (http://www.ukip.org/content/latest-news/2790-eu-nobel-prize-win-slammed):

“You only have to open your eyes to see the increasing violence and division within the EU which is caused by the Euro project” he said.

“Spain is on the verge of a bail-out, with senior military figures warning that the Army may have to intervene in Catalonia. In Greece people are starving and abandoning their children through desperate poverty and never a week goes by that we don’t see riots and protests in capital cities against the troika and the economic prison they have imposed.

“The next stage is to abandon the Nation state: the awarding of this prize to the EU brings it into disrepute.”

Mr Farage added, “The last attempt in Europe to impose a new flag, currency and nationality on separate states was called Yugoslavia. The EU is repeating the same tragic mistake.”

“Rather than bring peace and harmony, the EU will cause insurgency and violence.”

Perhaps, in addition, as a gentle reminder, GoJam of The Needle blog can provide some color on this surreal decision:

Congratulations to the EU for Winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

http://theneedleblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/imagescaqgh5cx.jpg?w=500

The decision, apparently was unanimous and to celebrate this momentus achievement I’ve put together a small picture gallery of peaceful Europe in 2012.

http://theneedleblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/imagesca74py7q.jpg?w=326&h=207

http://theneedleblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/imagescata6bls.jpg?w=344&h=188

http://theneedleblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/untitled2.png?w=347&h=184

Of course if the peaceful record of Barack Obama after winning the prize is anything to go by, this could spell the beginning of the end for the EU.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-12/farage-slams-nobel-peace-prize-farce-insurgency-and-violence-reign

PS - I "Love" this story because these "Fuking - PARASITES" are just 'Arrogant Enough' or should I say (STUPID ENOUGH) to actually believe that 'The People' are 'Dumb Enough' to fall for this (CON) after everything they have put 'The People' through since the EU's inception...:no:

This is most certainly the 'Beginning of the END' for the EU and this Nobel Peace Prize award PROVES IT..!!!

'Desperate' people - Do 'Desperate' things...:pound:

Ellisa
13th October 2012, 00:39
I totally agree with you on this one Jack! It's madness!!!

Leon
13th October 2012, 08:38
Why on the second unification of Europe??? the circle is complete..

Paa
13th October 2012, 10:28
-I've removed this post-

Billy
13th October 2012, 18:02
The controllers require lessons on the difference between war and peace. Maybe if they believe they are nobel peace makers, they think they will inherit the earth.

Sorry guys, that is not what Jesus was saying.

Come back Mahatma Gandhi,18670

peace

syrwong
14th October 2012, 06:53
Is not EU's military arm NATO? The rational must be NATO contributes to peace by making more wars, and because war is peace, the greatest contributor to war is the greatest contributor to peace. No other choice.

I think the original intention was to award the prize to NATO, but the absurdity became too unbearable even to them, so they made it the EU to feel better.

Mike Gorman
14th October 2012, 08:16
I am completely with Max on this one, it beggars understanding where they get the chutzpah to do this-who exactly do they think they are kidding?
Obama getting it was a blatant insult to the title, but this is so outrageous it is like a Monty Python sketch -the EU Technocratic machine has robbed Europe of all
Sovereign dignity and economic volition -dividing the entire continent and creating a poverty black hole-Jack Boots echoing down European streets is next,
the trucks and trains will be carrying the next scapegoats to their extermination camps..the Dark night descends.

meeradas
14th October 2012, 15:53
i do hope someone feels offended

Maia Gabrial
15th October 2012, 14:15
After doing so more reading on the subject I realize it could have been worse:

- Bill Gates was a front runner for the prize!

- At least the EU wasn't awarded the economics prize.

If Bill Gates had gotten it, I would have given him a one finger salute! Which would have proven that the Nobel prize is jack sh*t....