PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have to keep their mouth shut around others..

Sloppyjoe
14th October 2012, 00:39
When discussing things like conspiracies and aliens? I don't have to do it often, but today I did and it sucks. This girl i've been dating is extremely into politics and is a republican. I'm reluctant to tell anybody about what I believe, the only people I can really discuss these matters with are my sister, dad, and you guys. She put me in a bind where I had to fess up to if I believed 9/11 was an inside job. I wasn't going to lie, so I told her I didn't believe the official story. After I said this it all went down hill. So now I'm an ignorant, America hating bastard. Very rarely do I have to tell people how I believe, but when I do it always takes a turn for the worse. The worst part of it is that most people can't set aside their beliefs and just be friends with one another, I feel like I form these friendships with people and when they find out I believe differently than the norm it damages our relationship. I guess I'm just venting here, but go ahead and share your stories of ridicule if you want.

Sammy
14th October 2012, 00:58
It took me 10 years after first "waking up" to get to the point I can "allow" others to believe whatever they want to believe. I worked on this for 10 years. Now, don't get me wrong... I don't hang around shear ignorance for very long. But I got mostly (not completely) but mostly past the stage where I would get all worked up.

Sometimes you just have to wish them well and move on

Sometimes you just have to move on

I feel for ya Bro. justoneman

Sloppyjoe
14th October 2012, 01:00
It took me 10 years after first "waking up" to get to the point I can "allow" others to believe whatever they want to believe. I worked on this for 10 years. Now, don't get me wrong... I don't hang around shear ignorance for very long. But I got mostly (not completely) but mostly past the stage where I would get worked up.

When I'm with people who discuss politics I just don't say anything. I'll say stuff in my head but that's about it. When I used to try and debate I learned that there is no point, so I stopped.

Sammy
14th October 2012, 01:05
It took me 10 years after first "waking up" to get to the point I can "allow" others to believe whatever they want to believe. I worked on this for 10 years. Now, don't get me wrong... I don't hang around shear ignorance for very long. But I got mostly (not completely) but mostly past the stage where I would get worked up.

When I'm with people who discuss politics I just don't say anything. I'll say stuff in my head but that's about it. When I used to try and debate I learned that there is no point, so I stopped.

Well my hat is off to you as I see you are a young age 21. I just figured it out within the last year! hahaha - justonestubbornman

Sloppyjoe
14th October 2012, 01:10

Well my hat os off to you as I see you are a young age 21. I just figured it out within the last year! hahaha - justonestubbornman

I understand how you felt. We all feel strong about our beliefs and unfortunately while trying to prove a point we sometimes push it on others. I have to keep reminding myself to not take it personal and that one day they will understand.

Warlock
14th October 2012, 01:21
Around some others, yes.

Around other others, no.

Warlock

Ellisa
14th October 2012, 01:22
Two things that Americans discuss freely and ask others their opinion about are Religion and Politics. This is not so in many other nations where such convictions are considered private and none of anyone else's business. It is one of the most different things that people notice about the US when they move there from elsewhere--- that and people wanting to take a tour all over your house when they were invited for dinner!

Such invasions are unsettling-- but I suggest you downplay it. It is not anyone else's business whether you believe or disbelieve something. Just murmur something like--"Yes there are a lot of stories floating around aren't there? (And if your girl-friend was the one asking, tell her how nice she looks today--- she'll stop straight away!

At 21 you should be enjoying life in all its complexity, experiencing everything you can (as long as its legal!) and not closing your mind to anything. Enjoy all the possibilities that you encounter and don't let others upset you.

Most of all remember the Number One Rule of good manners--- Don't discuss Religion or Politics! Save it until you are older and there's not much else to discuss!

Douglass
14th October 2012, 01:25
I feel for ya man. It really goes to show you how our cultural and societal beliefs are so infused with emotion. Slowly through obligatory government schooling (not education) the average American cannot think rationally.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Everyone can come out of the haze it just takes time :)

((((( L o V e )))))

Sloppyjoe
14th October 2012, 01:25
Two things that Americans discuss freely and ask others their opinion about are Religion and Politics. This is not so in many other nations where such convictions are considered private and none of anyone else's business. It is one of the most different things that people notice about the US when they move there from elsewhere--- that and people wanting to take a tour all over your house when they were invited for dinner!

Such invasions are unsettling-- but I suggest you downplay it. It is not anyone else's business whether you believe or disbelieve something. Just murmur something like--"Yes there are a lot of stories floating around aren't there? (And if your girl-friend was the one asking, tell her how nice she looks today--- she'll stop straight away!

At 21 you should be enjoying life in all its complexity, experiencing everything you can (as long as its legal!) and not closing your mind to anything. Enjoy all the possibilities that you encounter and don't let others upset you.

Most of all remember the Number One Rule of good manners--- Don't discuss Religion or Politics! Save it until you are older and there's not much else to discuss!

Thanks for the advice. When I was all new to this I felt like I wanted to tell the world, which back-fired on me in some ways, but in the last few years when it's being discussed I just sit there with a smile on my face and play through my own thoughts. Your right about the down-playing part, that's a good way to give an answer without lying!

lookbeyond
14th October 2012, 02:27

Thanks for the advice. When I was all new to this I felt like I wanted to tell the world, which back-fired on me in some ways, but in the last few years when it's being discussed I just sit there with a smile on my face and play through my own thoughts. Your right about the down-playing part, that's a good way to give an answer without lying!
Comes with age Sloppyjoe

Fred Ryan
14th October 2012, 03:04
People do not want their reality challenged and nor should you try. When presented with the truth they will appear to short wire, become extremely agitated, then will want to get as far away from you as possible. However, the numbers of people who are waking up is now expanding exponentially. In a very short time you will no longer be in the minority.

The question becomes, how far down does the rabbit hole go and how much of the truth will we be able to stand?

Good luck on your journey.

Mike Gorman
14th October 2012, 03:29
When discussing things like conspiracies and aliens? I don't have to do it often, but today I did and it sucks. This girl i've been dating is extremely into politics and is a republican. I'm reluctant to tell anybody about what I believe, the only people I can really discuss these matters with are my sister, dad, and you guys. She put me in a bind where I had to fess up to if I believed 9/11 was an inside job. I wasn't going to lie, so I told her I didn't believe the official story. After I said this it all went down hill. So now I'm an ignorant, America hating bastard. Very rarely do I have to tell people how I believe, but when I do it always takes a turn for the worse. The worst part of it is that most people can't set aside their beliefs and just be friends with one another, I feel like I form these friendships with people and when they find out I believe differently than the norm it damages our relationship. I guess I'm just venting here, but go ahead and share your stories of ridicule if you want.

Yes mate, all the time-my wife thinks I'm a Loony toons and a real 'conspiracy theorist'-if UFO's get mentioned her eyes start rolling towards to the ceiling-but, she still loves me, and I occasionally show her articles and photos
she is not closed minded-just not completely awake as yet. also I work in a fairly conservative place. Sometimes discretion is the better part of expression (to destroy an old saying)-to expect tolerance, we have to practice it ourselves.
I would tell your girl friend you love your country, that is why you are concerned, say you have studied the evidence and it is compelling-what about the Engineers, Architects and Science people, are they all lying traitors?

Good Luck to you!

Youniverse
14th October 2012, 04:04
I hope you (Sloppyjoe) take some comfort in knowing you are not alone in your convictions. I too have trouble finding anyone that will take such topics as "simultaneity of experience" seriously. And it is difficult for me, now, to get too worked up about politics or religion. Not to mention the many other petty and mundane subjects that usually come up and bore me to tears. No disrespect to those folks! Just trying to get to who we really are here, that's all, lol.

ghostrider
14th October 2012, 04:26

love your honesty my friend, the sleeping masses don't want the truth or to take responsibility for anything, they want government to tell them what to do and if CNN says it , done deal on to something else , to hell with checking for myself, doing my own research, asking questions like who benefits with fewer muslims in the middle east that will be killed by America's war on so called terror ?? sounds like that girl is one of those , be my friend or I'll bash your head in kinda person, or you can't have your own opinion you have to agree with me because I'm so smart and the rest of the world is just in my way, they would all be better if they just listen to me and think like me you know the type. I can't stand close minded people. They are quick to rule out the word POSSIBILITY . I have one co-worker that I can talk to, everyone else is sooooo asleep, they think I'm crazy so I just tell them up front , yep I'm crazy cause the world made me that way. lol. People just don't want to believe our government doesn't give a dam about us, four years running and we still don't have a bugdet. the conversation turning for the worse is a good thing, that means the lie is exposed and the truth is hurting and real and there is no hiding from it, or avoiding it, and no one to pass the resposibility off on, it shows their ignorance about whats most important in the world, T R U T H. if you think about it, what do you have if you don't have truth ?? only lies and illusions.

ghostrider
14th October 2012, 04:30

Well my hat os off to you as I see you are a young age 21. I just figured it out within the last year! hahaha - justonestubbornman

I understand how you felt. We all feel strong about our beliefs and unfortunately while trying to prove a point we sometimes push it on others. I have to keep reminding myself to not take it personal and that one day they will understand.

the key is getting them to come to the conclusion on their own, while you like a chess player already made the moves and they don't know it, leaving their ego in tact, and they feel like they are so smart they actually feel they enlightend themselves just by talking in their own head and you get to witness their brilliance ,( while steadily keeping a poker face with humility ).

Chucky
14th October 2012, 04:33

I wouldn't worry to much about it mate. I can only personally tell you to ask her then to show proof or the proof that she seems to believe in that 9/11 was text book the way the government says. Then just show her the main stuff that you believe makes you feel otherwise and see how it sits. The key I believe is how you say it to her. Don't be judgmental and try to ask her to not be judgmental towards you and maybe if you both take the devils advocate approach together you both may open up more paths for even more questions..
If not don't let her belief stop yours cause that's only what it is. Belief ok. You have yours and she has hers and the right to that of course. Be patient. Wisdom comes from seeking the answer not smacking someone in the side of the head with the lesson.!!!

ghostrider
14th October 2012, 04:41
timing is everything, some are just not ready yet. I just get anxious cause I know how life changing wakey wakey is and I want that for them , so they don't walk in darkness one more moment on earth. lead the horse to water and take a drink yourself and say man this water taste great ! It sure is hot out here , good thing water is right here, I'm gonna take some for the road , or try this one, let them explain something to you , that you already know, but act like they are helping you and they will feel purpose in life and ego wlll do the rest. it's really the most important thing , we are in a battle for the minds, change the thinking of humanity , and you change the world. Where the mind goes , the body follows.

Prodigal Son
14th October 2012, 04:49
I just met a woman last Saturday night, in a club, we had a lot of chemistry going on (assisted by massive amounts of booze) ... she turned out to be a devout Catholic Republican Bush lover.... and of course she likes Romney. I survived telling her on the phone that I don't believe a word of what I hear on the MSM.... and she even agreed with me. (Or maybe she was appeasing me.) We went on our first date (and last, lol) Wednesday night. I didn't even get into 911, I just basically told her that Bush Senior, whom she loves, was pretty much the main thug behind the JFK assassination.... and I recommended a book. I also told her that Halliburton is where Iran is getting their nukes from.... man o man I bet it was her worst date ever....

eileenrose
14th October 2012, 04:51
I use to talk endlessly to people that came into a bead store I volunteered at. Loved every minute of it. And you know right away if someone doesn't want to talk about a topic.

Just learn to listen to other people and eventually you will pick up clues and patterns. Tails, as it were...as to when they will start to fight you rather than appreciate your insights.

all I got....on this particular topic.

And someone mention we were the minority. I bet in some parts of certain states you could be actually the only person who is investigating this. Depends where you live (just the way it is).

I appreciate that people here in the USA speak the same language, I relate to most of the laws and so on. Other than that, I doubt I am much of a person that other's relate to and I like it that way (why relate to cowards....ie. people who don't care enough to research all the lies they hear everyday....and you know they know it is propaganda to a certain level....so they know a little already...even if they are in complete denial).

And who really cares? You can't date someone that has a different view. Never works out. Lost cause. But you can be friendly with anyone. So I just stay....friendly. And choose not to try to convince people (but I am fine being completely alone....but might take awhile before this idea catches on....right now we still want to be included in everything). That won't work about this though (all we end up discussing here on-line...as you know that when this information finally gets heard by the masses, it might as well be WWIII, because it will feel....tragic).

modwiz
14th October 2012, 04:52
I don't have to keep my mouth shut, I most often choose to.
Something Jesus supposedly said about pearls and pigs comes to mind.
Seems sound advice to me.

Annacarl
14th October 2012, 04:53
Hi Sloppyjoe,
Say what you mean and mean what you say. We are all on the path. Some are further along than others. I am surrounded by people who are not ready to see reality. Or at least my reality. It is too scary for them. God does not have any grandchildren. He loves us all. Be patient. Be true to yourself.
Check out this great web site Tragedy and Hope. Education based. Get good information and then make up your own mind.
Anna

GlassSteagallfan
14th October 2012, 04:54
Sloppyjoe,

When I woke up in 2007, I searched for solutions to the 'world' problem. It led me to the ONLY group with top level intel and rational solutions.

The LaRouche Political Action Committee

Watch this WITH her.... http://larouchepac.com/node/24186 (49:30) ....if she is 'extremely into politics'. (and solutions)

Watch the whole webcast and get an overall view. There is a Q&A session after, but you have to find the rest of the webcast at the website to view it. They're doing one every Friday night at 8pm ET in the US, until the elections. First one was last week.

It explains who is behind 9/11 and why. This intel cannot be ignored. See for yourself...

Tangri
14th October 2012, 06:08
Been there , done that , is a annoying phrase but but it is well suited here.
When a person is young and developing existentialism, thought logic become conflict with it's own controversy and person's gut senses.
You are going to learn to live/cope in your society. This is the how someone's communication skills develop with surviving instinct.
There are no standard policy and procedures to guide this for every tribe life. (your tribe is your family, your street, your work, your town , your city or State, your Continent and Earth. it must be in order)
You are going to find out less traumatic ways to cope with your surrounding. You do not need to prove your believe is true and other's wrong. If you are feeling to become self destruct because of no option/ solution point, then you should change your tribe to survive.
Life can be seen as a mean-less, pathetic serving time but this is the irony which teach us. Try to enjoy it.
Love and Hope

Sloppyjoe
14th October 2012, 06:15
Thanks for the advice all. The best I can do is share my beliefs in a soft spoken way like I usually do and if she still likes me for who I am regardless of my beliefs at the end of the day then I'm ok with it..but if someone regardless of if they are your girlfriend or not decides to think of you less or not want to be around you because of your beliefs then they are not worthy of your friendship in my opinion.

Tangri
14th October 2012, 07:19
Thanks for the advice all. The best I can do is share my beliefs in a soft spoken way like I usually do and if she still likes me for who I am regardless of my beliefs at the end of the day then I'm ok with it..but if someone regardless of if they are your girlfriend or not decides to think of you less or not want to be around you because of your beliefs then they are not worthy of your friendship in my opinion.

If you have mutual respect and enough love you can be with different culture or religious person.

christian
14th October 2012, 08:27
Very rarely do I have to tell people how I believe, but when I do it always takes a turn for the worse. The worst part of it is that most people can't set aside their beliefs and just be friends with one another, I feel like I form these friendships with people and when they find out I believe differently than the norm it damages our relationship.

I find it often really helps, when you don't get into what you believe at all. Because some people are just waiting 'to get triggered' so they can go into a rant about how a particular belief is utterly wrong. It's pretty primitive.

What you can do instead is share particular infos or experiences. Coming across as not being attached to a particular belief but as having come across or being aware of certain information. Give the people facts, let them battle that. Don't give idiots an easy target, evade (their obviously loaded) questions about your believes with more facts. And if they react immaturely towards facts, why even bother sharing your believes?

One story from the top of my head, accidentally I was at an environmental thing that was pro carbon scam and so on. I got into a conversation with a guy and I just asked him, if he was aware that Maurice Strong said at the Rio Earth Summit that the industrial nations have to go down and that it is our responsibility to bring this about. He said he had actually been there, that he didn't know that, and that he found it peculiar and alarming.

778 neighbour of some guy
14th October 2012, 08:43
I talked to someone once about these things and only once, i instantly knew enough,i now think. when someone is really interested in what is actually is going on he/she will start searching all by themselves and thats usually the best way to go imo...... simply because of this........ how do you ( as an example)respond to a jehovas witness at your door eh........... no thanks if i need something i get it myself... dont bother me with your strange stories and dont sell me bs, i am perfectly capable of finding my own truth or bs and run with it as long as it works for me and when i outgrow it.... time for something else and create yet another new and improved me based on my then new beliefs and insights. This never ends and just as well imo, peace of mind and harmony is great, being bored is something else, always asume you know nothing works best for me, it keeps me interested and entertained and i might just actually learn something. And i often do, but no holy grail yet:o

Tony
14th October 2012, 09:06
We are not all in the same place, at the same time. We have different capacities, inclinations and understandings. Maybe it is wise to take a wider view, a longer term view.

If one can acknowledge reincarnation, then one can see that sentient beings are on a journey of discovery...self discovery! And they have to discover this for themselves. All we can do is, be there for them, give them space to see and digest for themselves. Some of us take a little longer than others to see 'patterns'.

Of course we want to get up their nose, into their brains and start rewiring...I've tried it and by the time we've sorted one point out, other bits become unsoldered and drop off!

What people need is a sense of stability, confidence and compassion, and above all tolerance and generosity. My teachers have been that for me, just allowing me to explode now and then!

If people are in conflict what we say, means that they have a conflict with their view of the world and this new view. I've spent hours chasing people, back into a corner, seeing the fear and their brains about to explode, thinking....”hm I'm doing something wrong here!”

None of us have got the whole picture yet, but what we can talk about is what we (and they) can see. And that is what is happening in the world around us.

Aliens, Ets, Eds, flying sauces, jump rooms, area51, are great to speculate about but, this can obscure reasoning, and therefore take power away from what we are saying.

Do not mix up your arguments, not everyone is ready to hear about 'reptilians'. Stick to what 'you know'. Then you will be telling the truth. It does not matter if it is not profound, it will build a coherent picture for yourself and others.

Tony

The Truth Is In There
14th October 2012, 09:26
i proclaim my "truth" with a grin so people can decide for themselves whether to take me seriously or not. most don't where conspiracy "theories" or doom predictions are concerned and when they've had enough they know they can tell me to shut my hole or talk about things "normal" people talk about. that's fine with me. i'm just planting seeds (though the ground is mostly barren) ;)

truth4me
14th October 2012, 09:28
Lead by example.....let me explain. We all when awaken to whats really going on want to "shout it from the roof tops" and quickly find out that's not the approach to take. I lost a job and did a little bit of jail time from the "shouting from the roof top" stuff. When I got out of the klink and found a job I approached it from a different angle. I blended in and did my job and kept my mouth zipped when sometime came up until I earned the respect of my fellow employees by the job I did . The asleep ones judge you fair or not by what type of worker you are and once you establish yourself they tend to listen to you. So now I constantly joke with them about things and say stuff like "blame it on the damn aliens" and your find out that some will actually ask you what you believe in and you can tell them what you think they can handle and they will seriously consider what you said. When it comes to politics I say things like "TPTB" own both sides or religion "it's a control mechanism to keep people in check" and they will ask you why and since I earned their respect by my job performance they think "the dude can't be crazy cause he does his job well". Now you will found out that some will actually be interested in what you say and ask more questions.

Now some of the people who I become close with ask me about "aliens" and I roll off with the reptilian/grey stuff and their eyes get big BUT they listen and ask.........sorry about rambling.....

Tarka the Duck
14th October 2012, 09:40
Hello Sloppy Joe

Evangelical fervour in any form is immensely unattractive and can even be threatening.

I was a young teen when the "born again" movement hit the UK, and I had several experiences of people single-mindedly trying to convert me and help me see the light...:rolleyes: It was scary stuff, and of course, it had completely the opposite effect...

Many in this thread have written about far more subtle approaches: I feel sure that your path will be a happier and easier ine that will perhaps also be more beneficial to others if you are open to learning from their experiences (as I'm sure you are, having read the OP!).

Kathie

The Arthen
14th October 2012, 12:51
Very rarely do I have to tell people how I believe, but when I do it always takes a turn for the worse. The worst part of it is that most people can't set aside their beliefs and just be friends with one another, I feel like I form these friendships with people and when they find out I believe differently than the norm it damages our relationship.

I find it often really helps, when you don't get into what you believe at all. Because some people are just waiting 'to get triggered' so they can go into a rant about how a particular belief is utterly wrong. It's pretty primitive.

What you can do instead is share particular infos or experiences. Coming across as not being attached to a particular belief but as having come across or being aware of certain information. Give the people facts, let them battle that. Don't give idiots an easy target, evade (their obviously loaded) questions about your believes with more facts. And if they react immaturely towards facts, why even bother sharing your believes?

One story from the top of my head, accidentally I was at an environmental thing that was pro carbon scam and so on. I got into a conversation with a guy and I just asked him, if he was aware that Maurice Strong said at the Rio Earth Summit that the industrial nations have to go down and that it is our responsibility to bring this about. He said he had actually been there, that he didn't know that, and that he found it peculiar and alarming.

Much agreed. and this is a pretty therapeutic thread!

Lifebringer
14th October 2012, 13:09
Take it as experience of what you said: Some people cannot separate politics from a relationship. It's good you found out, some republicans can be bullying in their persuasion of conversion to their beliefs, to the point of redicule if you don't agree. Perhaps this "girl friend" no matter what attracted you to her, is not a soul mate for you, but some other republicans she can get along with.

Take it as a grain of salt and if you date again check out the Green Party people. They like the continuance of life, and nature/planet.
I think you too know the damages of selfish or greedy or oppressive tactics in history.

The change will weed out the wheat from the chafe.

Not saying all republican women aren't there yet, but some of them have the hypocritical gaul, to want their privacy in the bedroom and church, yet foist their noses in other's privacy or rights as humans who simply don't live as they do. WE try not to be hypocrits all the time and tell the truth, after all a wise person once said: "if you've nothing to say that's good about a person, best not say anything at all. But if you like the girl and want to continue to pursue a relationship, by knowing how strongly she feels, perhaps it's better to simply say to "her", I don't do politics in the bedroom or relationship, we are all entitled to our own decisions and thoughts on who we vote for, as well as "privacy."

Lifebringer
14th October 2012, 13:30
I ask them if they have the 'WHOLE' of YESHUA's life in their books and if they have read about the whole beginning of the world before Genesis and the missing books that "man" has taken out of the word?

It usually takes them for a loop, when I ask why some scripture by the apostles and witnesses were more important in selection than those not chosen, and if the whole picture of GOD'S painting isn't revealed truthfully, isn't it wrong to hide them from the people? It was stated that NO ONE should change these books and WE are warned in Revelation of how the books were altered to fit Government or Priestly control of the flock, leading them astray.

Then I tell them perhaps they should read the Urantia book which explains the Heavenly Hosts and God/Creator and his incarnated Son Yeshua/JESUS (Heavenly name SANADA) I tell them I have read the Holy books of man, and had translated those i couldn't read, and the missing books. I tell them the search for my Father and Creator has become endless in the confusion and ommissions from the main books, that lead to more questions without clear answers, because WE have a hidden Government, that keeps the ancient text and real ideas of Christ, to themselves.

I offer them a plant, and take their little pamphlets, but leave them asking questions and seeking knowledge themselves.

They can be a little pushy in the saving souls tactics, but I'm just as pushy with what I've found and putting a "hmmmmmm...?" in every now and then. I ask them if they remember what Christ said about the "eye" of man that allows man to see Him/know Him.
With the world so ensconsed in noise, it acts like static and you have to have a calm minute or even hour to rejuvenate and corroborate with the Creator/God because it is really ALL HIS CREATION BY HIS WILL. Experience is by His/Her Will.
WE are free will beings/creations that must learn how to choose God/Good and balance/control Bad/Evil side and NOT destroy, but continue to create for the good/God by his will.

Get your lesson on souls, WE're about to be tested.

Arrowwind
14th October 2012, 15:27
She put me in a bind where I had to fess up to if I believed 9/11 was an inside job. I wasn't going to lie, so I told her I didn't believe the official story. After I said this it all went down hill. So now I'm an ignorant, America hating bastard..

Time to kiss this girl friend goodbye. You have no common ground and if this is how she feels about you or holds thought forms about you you dont need her. She may view you as an ignorant bastard but clearly she is the bitch.

bonnyhut
14th October 2012, 15:48
I feel that the seeds for change lie within subtly encouraging people to ask new questions. If you give them new answers without them asking the questions they become defensive. Some people also seem to be more concerned about "being right" than seeking truth. My partner is also very asleep and he thinks I am a crazy artist. I may eventually let the relationship go and spend my time with people who care about seeking truth.

"Always trust those looking for truth, never trust those who have found it." Bill Cooper

sirdipswitch
14th October 2012, 15:49
When I was 11 years old, I learned to keep my mouth shut. I am now 68, and there are things that I do not even discus on this forum. I found a very deep rabbit hole. chuckle chuckle.

Warlock
14th October 2012, 20:44
At least you can cite sources that can be found all over the internet.

When I first became "aware", one of my friends and his brother brought up the Trilateral Commission. Then, in time, it was the Bilderbergers.

This was in 1974-1976 somewhere around there.

That's part of what got me going into this area of research.

Now, imagine bringing up these subjects to someone WITHOUT the internet.

I was viewed as a crackpot, but you know what? NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!

Warlock

Sidney
14th October 2012, 21:29
Discernment is key when or when not to open your mouth. Obviously the topics here are not only beyond "sounding crazy", but controversial as well. I learned the hard way, so i pretty much keep my mouth shut most of the time. : /

norman
14th October 2012, 22:03
Learning stuff for myself was shocking, at times, and had an impact on my general state of well being, BUT, what absolutely tipped me right over the edge was the reactions of others to the things I was trying to share with them.

Dealing with that has been tough, much tougher than discovering how much deeper the rabbit hole keeps on getting.

On a bad day it's very sickening. On the odd good day, it's a laugh.

The biggest lesson I've learned from all this is actually about how group-think ticks and makes the world the way it is. If I died today, I'd have to assume that that was really what I came here to learn, not the stuff I keep on chasing down and telling myself "I want to get to the bottom of it all before I die".

I read somewhere that John Lennon said " Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans". I think he was somewhere about on track with that.

lookbeyond
15th October 2012, 01:54
When I was 11 years old, I learned to keep my mouth shut. I am now 68, and there are things that I do not even discus on this forum. I found a very deep rabbit hole. chuckle chuckle.

Now youve got me curious sirdipswitch!

lookbeyond

AriG
15th October 2012, 02:38
When I was 21, I was already married to my first husband. I talked myself into loving first husband. He was kind, attentive, doting, reasonably handsome and provided the "idea" of stability and consistency that had been sorely lacking in my youth.

My family didn't think I should have married husband 1. They believed that although he was a good person, he was my polar opposite. Turns out they were correct.

At 21, I believed that opposites attracted.

A number of years and many lonely days later, I divorced number 1. He was loyal. He was loving. He was hard working and decent and his world view was completely the opposite of mine. I was lonely and alone both spiritually and intellectually.

I then connected with my intended. We "get" each other. We are made of the same stuff and we never have to apologize for our way of thinking or being because we are the same.

When we sleep beside each other, I cannot tell where he ends and I begin. We communicate telepathically. We are in tune.

I wish this for you all. The journey is far too arduous to travel with an adversary.

conk
15th October 2012, 16:21
What bothers me the absolute most is that 'un-enlightened' people will not even look at any evidence contrary to their belief, period.

"You're a fool for believing that"
"Did you read what I sent"
"I don't have to read it, you're a fool"

DeDukshyn
15th October 2012, 18:23
I almost never keep my mouth shut on things that I believe, but at the same time a wise man speaks because he has "something to say", a fool speaks to "say something", so preaching is not beneficial in any case.

The reason why I stick to my guns is:

1) To reinforce this concept in my mind: "What other's think of me is none of my business" -- this allows me to be free and be myself, instead of policing the "real" me to defend my ego/feelings of what "I" think others are thinking of me (notice how what other's actually think of you is not even in this equation -- oh the irony ;)).

2) To plant seeds. Every, concept, every learning, every "ah-ha!" moment starts with a seed -- it starts with some preliminary info that is planted, and allowed to grow. It may take years to grow, the seed may lay dormant for a while, until another piece of information comes in that acts like a fertilizer -- and may begin to spontaneously sprout that seed that has been dormant. Without the seed, nothing can occur.

My two cents ;)

DeDukshyn
15th October 2012, 18:28
What bothers me the absolute most is that 'un-enlightened' people will not even look at any evidence contrary to their belief, period.

Asking the right questions can help with this, because you can force them to contradict themselves in their answers if you play it just right. Once that is done, then they may be more open to listening (if they are not reacting in anger due to having a "belief" broken). Also consider that the mere act of planting wee little seeds may be more beneficial than it would first seem. Consider the butterfly effect. My 2 cents ;)

ghostrider
16th October 2012, 02:27

absolutely , the programming from the world we live in is so entrenched in the mind. anyone that says anything different than the accepted program, oh you must be crazy, or mentally challenged , or who told you that, that's not possible, if that were so our government would have told us.

divine_moments_of_truth
16th October 2012, 03:15
Sorry to hear of your predicament Sloppyjoe,

My last girlfriend was a wonderful person to everyone and dedicated a lot of her time helping those less fortunate than herself, to top it off she was a great companion. However, there were a few things about her that came to light that led to us ultimately splitting up. She seemed to expect jewelry from me as a sign of compassion (I hate the idea of giving people shiny things to express your feelings), and idolized Sarah Palin. Sometimes I wonder why I let these things get in the way of our relationship.

Also, I've found it's much easier to express your true beliefs in a group of friends if you have at least one person backing you up who doesn't "go with the flow". It's real hard trying to keep your own feelings back, people don't like their views being contradicted.

Max

Anchor
16th October 2012, 05:19

Learning when to speak up and not to speak up is very hard won wisdom, and only comes with experience. No one ever gets it right all the time. You just get better at it.

The experience is usually the kind that sucks - the kind you appear to have had a run-in with.

A good strategy is not to get drawn by answering loaded questions, and ask questions of your own - as respectfully and as humbly as possible.

It is ok to say you do not know all the answers, but that you have doubts.

It is reasonable to say that you cannot be sure that everyone in the government is honest and that it is possible that some of them are up to no good at the expense of the man in the street.

You are entitled to invoke the law of confusion: what I mean by this, is that instead of coming right out with a statement of resounding and incontrovertible truth that rocks everybodies world, whether they like it or not - explore the opportunities for planting seeds and letting them germinate, grow and flower in their own good time.

You can state with perfect conviction that you do not know with certainty EXACTLY what happened, it is easier (and fairer on everyone) to question the official story... like why WTC 7 fell even when not hit by a plane? How was it possible that all the steel girders fell in a pile in a manner that the lengths were basically correct for the flatbed trucks that carted them away?

With these questions it has to be a fair play for ANYONE, including the truthers, to open the doors of uncertainty. There has to be some room for compromise.

It also means that those that do not want to answer them or go there at this time, are not forced on the defensive. More importantly, they do not have their free-wills compromised - as it would be if you skillfully rammed a truth home even if they were not ready. You may even be karmically accountable for the harm done.

Compassion is wise. It knows when to speak and when not to.

Above all, what matters is your intent - and it is clear that yours is in the right place.

GloriousPoetry
16th October 2012, 14:39
I don't even have the energy to explain.....

Ricker
16th October 2012, 14:48
I'm an observer by nature. I watch people and their actions and try to detemine what makes them think the way they do. What kind of expierences have they had in their lives? What drives them towards a particular way of thinking? We are all made from the same type of material. It's our life expierences that drive us down different paths. First of all, people that are politically or religiously based are going to be a tuff sell for obvious reasons. Anybody here ever fish? Do you dump the whole bucket of bait in the water at once? No you use one worm at a time. You wait patiently. Thats the best way I can explain my expierences with opening up to others. I simply wait for certian topics of discussion to arise and insert a few ideas and wait. I have reached a few people this way. I still have a long way to go with my own awakening. But I don't mind sharing my expierences as I go. Sorry to be so long winded but my brain moves faster than my fingers and it's sometimes hard to filter things;)

dextc
16th October 2012, 15:13

My very first post.. Yeaay.... :dance:

Anywho - I understand where you're comming from. I've started myself only to open my mouth when the debate and surroundings allows it. I kinda resemble it with (most) religous people and their need to push their god on you. I used to have the same tendency since we all wanna preach what we think is right. Unfortunatly we don't all agree on what we think is "the truth". I realized that the feelings i had towards people preaching their religion must be similar to the feelings they get when i start to talk about sprituality and the hidden agenda of NWO.
The concept of mainstream religion makes as much sense to me as multiple dimensions and ascension makes sense to them. Of this reason i only speak about it if questioned or if the other person is open to new ideas and concepts.

Sloppyjoe
16th October 2012, 16:07
Thanks for all the responses guys.

In my first responder class this morning the subject was terrorism and chemical warfare. The instructor started specifically talking about homegrown terrorism and that it stems from "People having access to the internet and youtube videos like loose change and beginning to hate America and sooner or later planning attacks." And then he talked about how these conspiracy people are either schizophrenic or have been mentally unstable their whole life....Again, I kept my mouth shut haha.

applecrusher1992
16th October 2012, 16:12

I have been awake for a few years now. Only recently did I have the courage to tell my parents some of what I believe and some spiritual experiences I have had in my life. It sucks but I feel as though this and other truths will be revealed very soon.

Rocky_Shorz
16th October 2012, 16:20

you aren't enlightened until what they believe doesn't matter...

give a knowing smile and change subject, that will start a burning curiosity...

everyone has an interest outside of the norm, the secret is opening up the conversation from there...

when they learn you are an expert on subjects they've always wanted to know, but were afraid of asking anyone, the door is open...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

why isn't anyone questioning Romney's connection to money laundering for South American Drug Lords...

how did Bain Capital offer almost 100% returns for 10 years consecutively?

why wasn't it offered through your 401K if it was so clean?

there are many subjects that will open the doors...

Rocky_Shorz
16th October 2012, 16:25

I have been awake for a few years now. Only recently did I have the courage to tell my parents some of what I believe and some spiritual experiences I have had in my life. It sucks but I feel as though this and other truths will be revealed very soon.

instead of pushing it too hard, just ask what she thinks about Condolesa Rice sending a memo to Cheney and Bush saying the attack was coming on the World Trade center.

they knew in July it was coming...

incoming planes with 50 minutes to respond, and yet they didn't?

you don't have to say they planned it, but inaction at defending our country makes them guilty in many people's eyes...

we can stop nukes launched at us from anywhere in the world in minutes, but couldn't stop a plane?

puuulllease...

do they believe in God or the Republican Flag?

ask him what to believe... ;)

all religious people are Spiritual...

OBwan
16th October 2012, 16:46
I agree with Christian’s and Pie’n’eal’s statements;

• I find it often really helps, when you don't get into what you believe at all
• We are not all in the same place, at the same time

One’s reality is created with the experiences they have and the information that has come into their lives. Children who are raised in fear will have different beliefs then children who have grown up in a loving environment.

Evolvement with time
Many beliefs have been instilled by use of fear. With the belief that the Earth was flat allowed for the conclusion that one could sail a ship off the edge of the Earth. Lack of information in the form of the mathematics proving the Earth revolved around the Sun is an example of how beliefs have changed. Knowledge of things that are outside of one’s reality creates fear.

Core Beliefs
A core belief that women should not vote was a belief that changed in the U.S.A. The core beliefs of men who attempted to murder the child in Pakistan, is an example of how beliefs are changing now. CNN.COM reports the following;

Now the 14-year-old girl from Pakistan is slowly recovering after being shot in the head by the Taliban for blogging against them and defending the right of girls to go to school.

Her plight has inspired people far beyond her home in the Taliban-heavy Swat Valley. Large crowds are rallying around the world to show support for Yousufzai and her cause.

The story of one child may have a big impact to life in Pakistan and the countries in that area. Compassion can be a power thought process.

Conflict that go back thousands of years that are belief based impacts the lives of many. Even with reams of factual information, many will not choose to hold on to their belief thoughts. A belief is nothing more than a thought one continues to think, and I cannot change what another thinks.

Regardless of our different beliefs, we all share many of the same thought beliefs and the two that I have found to be most common are;

• We all evolve as life evolves
• We have the choice to choose darkness of light in this duality reality

Loving Response
Many are content with their fear beliefs. Said another way, they are secure with their insecurities. By having loving thoughts for another and conveying a loving perspective the illusions of fear disappear. One the fears have disappeared regardless of the amount of time it takes, another will be more open to a perspective that you have.

Ahauchata
16th October 2012, 17:54
Hello, Personally on this end to offer my personal take on this thread (still new) so I am learning the ropes. :) Since, my reawakening and I am one that doesn't devluge to much and it depends on whom I am with and whom I can or cannot share, but I tend to follow the lead and the vibrations of others so I can easily ascertain if I am wasting energy. Sometimes, I do feel alone in this process when I am 'out there' if you all know what I mean. :)

westhill
16th October 2012, 18:09
Receptivity.
When my brother sent me a YouTube supporting the official NIST 9/11 Report, I couldn't even bring myself to watch a minute of it.
So I got a quick lesson on how he felt when I sent him my stuff. Right now I'm watching a Chris White debunkumentary (the other side).
So what do I really know and from what source? Do I seek truth or choose my version of it? So at this point I'm informing myself.
That's all I feel qualified to do.

T Smith
17th October 2012, 00:22
She put me in a bind where I had to fess up to if I believed 9/11 was an inside job. I wasn't going to lie, so I told her I didn't believe the official story. After I said this it all went down hill. So now I'm an ignorant, America hating bastard.

Just because you're not delusional doesn't make you an American-hating bastard. If reality is now considered a "belief-system" for some people, all bets are off. Is the sun real? Is the sky blue? I dunno. If I say the sun doesn't really exist or the sky is green does that make me an American-hating bastard?

I take no issue with those who are ignorant of the facts; but those who refuse to believe, for whatever the reason, or who create their own reality, for whatever the reason, is troubling. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who subscribes to the "official story" of 9-11 might just as likely believe that Super Man might come to save the day when Lex Luther plots to sink California into the Pacific Ocean.

vilcabamba
20th October 2012, 09:12
In my experience with dating.... it really helps to be on the same wavelength as your partner to make it long term. Although I'm not saying that it can't work out, as there are people on this forum that have spouses that are not awake. It's just that now many people are awakening and it will be easier for you to find someone that shares your views, all though they don't have to agree on everything you believe. It's different now in 2012 vs. years ago many of us were asleep and people dated and got married only to have one partner awaken before the other. Now, with this huge awakening you can find someone you can relate to much easier due to the internet. I wonder if there is a dating site for lightworkers. I think the site in5d.com has a dating site now. And the site meetup.com has lightworker groups. Maybe you can even start one yourself for your age group.

I think for those of us who are single and are now awake, it's good to mingle with people who are like-minded. My advice would be to join groups that have like-minded awakened people. People that are awake seem to gravitate towards meditation, healthy food, raw food, chi gong, energy healing....maybe join some classes and meet people and find someone that is on your wavelength. Maybe even start your own meet-up groups in your area.

pugwash84
20th October 2012, 10:12
I think this is what dating is for, you find out if you are compatible and if you are not you don't continue with the dating procedure. I have been married for nearly 10 years and my husband does not agree with a lot of things I believe but he does not judge me for it and he will listen to me and respect my feelings. I think if it is really early on and you are only dating though it may be a sign you are not compatible.

scanner
20th October 2012, 11:19
What you have to understand is , conditioning . We have all been conditioned from a very early age , never told the truth . You are conditioned not to ask questions , you are conditioned for work and to PAY your way . I tried when I first woke up many years ago , to tell others what was happening and why could they not see it . I was an angry person trying to FORCE people into waking the heck up .I soon realized it was not the way , I now only speak if they specifically ask me, or someone makes an incorrect observation . It is all you can do , be amazed at yourself for breaking your conditioning and knowing you at least know some truth .