PDA

View Full Version : Cows like Jazz!

RMorgan
14th October 2012, 16:00
Hey folks,

Well, these are the so called "irrational" animals that most people eat for lunch:

QpFp3nrKX6s

Isn´t it nice? I mean, they´re better listeners than most humans! :)

Have a nice Sunday!

Cheers,

Raf.

RunningDeer
14th October 2012, 16:10
Polite, and respectful crowd, too. :cow:

"Mad Bull Singing Opera In Big Sur California"
LFu0WZMTxr0

Happy Sunday, and Cheers back, Raf
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

skamandar
14th October 2012, 16:37
Here is some more interesting info on the cow :eyebrows:

http://www.citehr.com/80577-bihari-essay-indian-cow-hilarious.html

This is a true essay written by a Bihari candidate. The candidate has written an essay on the Indian cow:

Indian Cow HE IS THE COW. "The cow is a successful animal. Also he is 4 footed, And because he is female, he give milks, [ but will do so when he is got child.] He is same like-God, sacred to Hindus and useful to man. But he has got four legs together. Two are forward and two are afterwards. His whole body can be utilised for use. More so the milk. Milk comes from 4 taps attached to his basement. [ horses dont have any such attachment] What can it do? Various ghee, butter, cream, curd, why and the condensed milk and so forth. Also he is useful to cobbler, watermans and mankind generally. His motion is slow only because he is of lazy species, Also his other motion.. gober] is much useful to trees, plants as well as for making flat cakes[like Pizza] , in hand and drying in the sun. Cow is the only animal that extricates his feeding after eating. Then afterwards she chew with his teeth whom are situated in the inside of the mouth. He is incessantly in the meadows in the grass. His only attacking and defending organ is the horns, specially so when he is got child. This is done by knowing his head whereby he causes the weapons to be paralleled to the ground of the earth and instantly proceed with great velocity forwards. He has got tails also, situated in the backyard, but not like similar animals. It has hairs on the other end of the other side. This is done to frighten away the flies which alight on his cohesive body hereupon he gives hit with it. The palms of his feet are soft unto the touch. So the grasses head is not crushed. At night time have poses by looking down on the ground and he shouts . His eyes and nose are like his other relatives. This is the cow.......

Ellisa
14th October 2012, 23:25
What a lovely way to start the day, with those cows and a little bit of jazz! I( know that mant dairy farmers play music to the cows in the milking shed- they claim it calms the animals and helps with the milk yield. Those cows certainly seemed to be enjoying the moment, and so do the musicians!

I don't feel the same way about the guy taunting the bull. I was a bit upset that he moved away from the fence. I was hoping the bull would win the encounter!

AriG
15th October 2012, 03:16
Yes, dairy cows. Not fodder for non awakened consumption.

This was adorable.

Our goats and horses have Pandora in their barn. They are huge Santana fans. Pretty fond of Andrea Bocelli as well.

The does give more milk when they are musically stimulated :)

kreagle
15th October 2012, 08:54
I was raised on my dad's dairy farm, so I have 'first hand knowledge' of this. We had a rather large operation, and I frequently helped out with the 'milkings' whenever it was my turn. Our dairy was 'modern', in that it was 'all electric' , etc. We had a 'two-man' milking crew for the 'morning' and 'evening' milking sessions. I was a young teenager and would take my car, ( 1970 Chev. Camaro), and back it up close to the windows outside of the dairy. I would then 'pop out the high definition speakers' from the backseat dash in my car, and place them in an 'acoustic manner' in the windows of the dairy. The wires to my speakers were 'extra long' so I could easily position them to get the kind of 'musical effect' I was looking for. It was from there, that our 'Holstein' cows, ( Paul will like that), were in for a 'treat' from a range of,......Guess Who,......The Beatles,.......Rare Earth,.......Bread,........The Grass Roots,.....The Beach Boys,.......Eagles,......Chicago,......and on, and on. Man, we 'rocked it out',....and they, the cows,.....loved every minute of it! All of this was transpiring from around 3 a.m. in the morning to around 7:30 a.m. And yes, it definitely helps the 'milk production!'

Man, I loved those days!,.....what memories!

Love and peace,.......kreagle

Tony
15th October 2012, 13:34
The next time you are a cow, you might appreciate a little music too!

ulli
15th October 2012, 13:43
We had twelve cows on the farm where I grew up, and didn't have technology until I was ten. There was a woman who came mornings and evenings and she was a Catholic and used to sing hymns while milking those cows. When I asked her why she sang she said the milk would taste better if the cows listened to music while being milked.
When I asked her why her hymns were different from ours she said she was Catholic, but not to worry about that as we all believed in the same God.

meeradas
15th October 2012, 15:51
she was Catholic, but not to worry about that as we all believed in the same God.

She's right. I tried this, singing a "Gopal" song to some grazing cows in an ultra catholic area in Germany [thus pretty sure the cows hadn't been indoctrinated with Hindu philosophy beforehand :biggrin1:].
All cows stopped grazing, all came to the fence, listening - very alert and awake. When i stopped, i strongly felt sth like "Proceed please, do not stop. One more time." from the cows... which i did.
Gratitude from animals, directed towards you, is a very strong and awesome feeling. Deeply moving.

ulli
15th October 2012, 16:42
she was Catholic, but not to worry about that as we all believed in the same God.

She's right. I tried this, singing a "Gopal" song to some grazing cows in an ultra catholic area in Germany [thus pretty sure the cows hadn't been indoctrinated with Hindu philosophy beforehand].
All cows stopped grazing, all came to the fence, listening - very alert and awake. When i stopped, i strongly felt sth like "Proceed please, do not stop. One more time." from the cows... which i did.
Gratitude from animals, directed towards you, is a very strong and awesome feeling. Deeply moving.

here is a picture of two Hindu cows living in Costa Rica:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZefIY8MxZ2w/S6Ln6kpDDGI/AAAAAAAABUI/Yj6CLmh0afw/s800/CostaRica-cows-WEB.jpg

this one is Lutheran:
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/45793133.jpg

and a Catholic cow....apparently they all get along rather well. Music is welcome... whichever culture it originates from.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yNkNy4x37LM/R_KyHjEQSiI/AAAAAAAABHY/Tc6Nc8n2GqQ/s320/DSCF1493.JPG