PDA

View Full Version : to be hormonal or not...that is my question :)

Therese
18th October 2012, 12:11
So I get it...I get that we are DNA/RNA and all that is realigning and activating etc. I'm finding myself in a 'interesting' state lately..... the disconnection of what I always experienced as my personal connection to my physical aspect. I always saw the human life as a series of cycles, circles and spirals....some seeming more permanent than others, but for the most part as a woman I have always experienced the ebb and flow of hormones specifically, as a continuous in motion aspect...until now. Becoming a Crone or entering Crondedom ....giggle.... has a sense of completion attached to it. I always prided myself in being in touch and sync with my body...was never really sick...etc etc. Now I'm not sure I even know this aspect any more...ok so here's my question...
How does this all play into the reawakening of our true/authentic Self...While others are feeling younger and beautiful...I am morphing into a physicalness I do not even know, and granted there are of course other aspects of Self that are also morphing....yet I find them a bit easier and some even enjoyable. Is the physical change purely a state of mind? I'm a bit surprised at my emotional response to this to be honest...just wondering...is it just me?

AriG
18th October 2012, 12:59
If you are suggesting that you are menopausal, I would recommend taking some non gmo soy based supplements ( like estroven) so you can determine whether your responses are provoked by awakening or whether your ovaries are running the show. Imo. You could stand to isolate yourself unintentionally with your "cronedom" :)

GloriousPoetry
18th October 2012, 14:48
I think you are entering a higher vibration and feeling a sense of completion is wonderful ! Your hormones will not dictate your moods anymore and your spiritual body will take a more apparent role. Embrace it !

Tarka the Duck
18th October 2012, 15:39
How does this all play into the reawakening of our true/authentic Self...While others are feeling younger and beautiful...I am morphing into a physicalness I do not even know, and granted there are of course other aspects of Self that are also morphing....yet I find them a bit easier and some even enjoyable. Is the physical change purely a state of mind? I'm a bit surprised at my emotional response to this to be honest...just wondering...is it just me?

Hello Therese - and welcome to Avalon!

Our body goes in cycles.
Our mind goes in circles.
Our spirit goes nowhere. It just is.

If our mind identifies with our body, our body controls us.
If our spirit identifies with our thoughts, our thoughts control us.
We are neither the body nor the thoughts.

Kathie (aged 55...;))

Flash
18th October 2012, 15:53
What is a crone??? for non English speakers please.

Is it being menopausal????

whatever, being a women, your question answers itself (I even thought only men think they are not hormonal, women know, is Therese a man?) lol

We are mammals in the body, therefore hormonal while on this planet. Easier to live while accepting it.

Sidney
18th October 2012, 16:00
Hi Therese, join the club!!! ; ) For what it's worth, I'm not feeling like a spring chicken (or duck : ) either. But it is a cycle, and I think each of our bodies deal with this end of an era differently. Even though my monthly cycle stopped over 5 yrs ago, i still have ebbs and flows in my moods and energy that are cyclical. My belief is that the physical body can be very deceptive, because some days I get up and I feel like i am 90 years old, lacking energy or spirit, and look in the mirror relieved that I am still a relatively attractive middle aged woman. But other days I am full of life and optimism like I did when I was in my 20's and am horrified when I look in the mirror to see an old haggard middle aged woman. LOL

Being our true authentic self means loving ourselves unconditionally, embrace each day that we are even able to get out of bed, and practice the best self care possible without being narcissistic about it. Remember, one thing with age comes wisdom, and wisdom is the key to awakening.

Arrowwind
18th October 2012, 16:27
Well it is and it isn't a state of mind.
We are physical beings while we are here on this earth
We are immersed in the laws of physicality
Few of us can escape it.
Few of us evolve out of it
and even the greatest saints have succumb to physical failing
and decline and death.
Few get to ascend
as the great myths and stories describe

But mind is your sharpest tool
mind can control much of your outcome
for mind is subject to the beliefs you hold
in fact mind and beliefs can co-create each other
If you hold a belief in your mind of decline
then decline will surely come your way
If you hold a belief that health is not possilbe
then poor health you shall have
If you believe that there is no salvation for you
then you are doomed
for your mind will create the reality that you believe in
and if you believe that you are cut from source
cut from sustenance
cut from nourishment
cut from restoration
cut from evolution
cut from regeneration
cut from your power
cut from logic
cut from free choice
than that is surely what will come your way

I do not accept the concept of crone
and I wonder where its orgin comes from
When I recall the crones that were pointed out to me
in that Italian Catholic church I attened as a child
I shuddered the waiting fate
to dress in black, dark stockings
shriveled at the pew, praying now a black rosary
toothless and wrinkled.. having become a shadow
of power and creativity... a hollow shell
the italian concept of crone

I suppose that what is a crone can vary from culture to culture

I have stood up and declaired that cronedom is not for me
and that wise woman is my destiny
not crone

with all emotional
mental
psychic
spiritual
sexual
and logical powers intact

I use my mind and my physiciality and my logic and every shred of intelligence
and sexual soul force
that I can muster to stand against the programing
to stand against the belief of physical failure
to stand against those who would have me shrink away
and become irrelevant
and silent in the corner of creation

Out of the depths of my being
out of my creative center of self
out of my place of creation
I keep creating myself as I intend to be
not as those who would control me wish me to be
or believe that I should be
or believe that I will be

not as the myths state,
not as the church states
not as the medical society dictates
not as family says in inevitible
not as children believe
not as the thought form makers
and tyrrants of the world declare
is my destiny

and I use the tools of
science
invention
sexual soul force
mediation
ceremony
and creative affirmation
to recreate my circle of self
as I intend to be
until the day I decide to check out

and most of all
if you bleieve that you can stand outside of
nauture and natural law
you will never find your way to be
the wise woman I suspect you want to be

Nanoo Nanoo
18th October 2012, 16:43
You posted that right on 11 11 :-)

Ahauchata
18th October 2012, 18:57
Hi T :cool:

Tarka the Duck
18th October 2012, 19:29
What is a crone??? for non English speakers please.

Hello Flash

This is one explanation of the word "crone": I quite like it...

The Crone’s manifesto

Are you a Crone? Old(er) women everywhere are beginning to reclaim powerful words such as crone, which have been used in demeaning ways for centuries.

Not all older women are Crones. To be a Crone is a deliberate way of living, a badge of honour, not a by-product of longevity. You’re not a Crone if your mind is closed, if your heart is cold, if you’re unaware of what your instincts are telling you.

I will banish the word ‘should’ from my life
I will laugh a lot, including gently at myself sometimes
I will gather my community of loved ones close about me
I will speak up bravely when I need to
I will demonstrate that a little eccentricity gives spice to life
I will live more simply, leaving space for what’s really important to me
I will treat my body to movement and to delicious, nourishing food
I will compromise as little as possible
I will find all kinds of occasions and people to celebrate
I will live in a profoundly creative way, understanding that the word creative does not always refer to the arts but to a deeper current running through life
I will, being human, feel fear and regret sometimes; I will not allow those feelings to define me
I will ask for help when I need it
I will mark the significant moments of life, large and small
I will mourn my losses fiercely, in my own way
I will fall in love when I feel like it
I will work to heal our beautiful planet home
I will do and learn things I’ve always wanted to do and learn
I will forget to worry what people think of me
I will discover my gifts and offer them freely
It is entirely likely I will wear purple
I will live a spiritual life, although not necessarily a religious one
I will keep an open mind and an open heart
I will learn to cackle

Tess Giles Marshall

genevieve
19th October 2012, 05:21
Therese--

From what I've heard through the years, I had the easiest menstrual life of anyone I ever met, yet I did experience some degree of monthly discomfort (solved by John Lee's progesterone cream). Menopause wasn't quite such a breeze, but it didn't last very long (and black cohosh solved my night sweats).

Life after menstruation and menopause has been interesting because I've noticed that my focus on important-to-me things isn't interrupted so much by "important-me" things. I have more awareness of others without my ego being engaged.

As you suggest, I feel that my "true/authentic self" has been reawakened as I now no longer need to deal on a monthly basis with bodily processes which kept me somewhat focused on myself.

I don't think that the physical change is purely a state of mind, for I can surely see changes occurring in my body, but I'm okay with them and rarely find myself comparing myself with others, as I most certainly did when I was younger.

"The change," to my way of thinking, is about a change in my perception of me and everything else. I get to be me and you get to be you and how wonderful we are!

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
Genevieve

eileenrose
19th October 2012, 10:19
Two things on menopause.

One;
Years ago I heard some interesting information (perhaps someone knows who said this, or has a link with similar information they can post), that menopause causes a female's energy patterns to change. Before menopause, the sexual energies manifest outward. After menopause, that energy goes inward instead (sorry I don't have the entire article/speech I heard....this is all I recall).

Two:
Now that I am post menopause, the differences are obvious (ps: I had few symptoms....though I didn't like the sweating, so I took the chinese remedy for that 'Xiao Yao', works perfectly. For about a year. That ended the sweats).

Now I'm hardly ever interested in men or sex. Which is fine for me, because I went ahead and used sexual energies to help awaken me years ago (so I am unstuck in those areas of my physical body). So I had the best sex on the planet and now I am finished with it.

Now they (the remaining stuck areas in my female regions) are clearing as well (fast becoming clear of all stuck energies). If you don't know what I mean, pm me with the question.
Now roles means little to me and I am more in a complete state. ie. I am no longer just a female.
As the word female implies there are two races of beings, male and female, rather that the reality, we are all one race. And the differences are mute.

Arrowwind
19th October 2012, 14:50
[Hello Flash

This is one explanation of the word "crone": I quite like it...

The Crone’s manifesto

Are you a Crone? Old(er) women everywhere are beginning to reclaim powerful words such as crone, which have been used in demeaning ways for centuries.

Not all older women are Crones. To be a Crone is a deliberate way of living, a badge of honour, not a by-product of longevity. You’re not a Crone if your mind is closed, if your heart is cold, if you’re unaware of what your instincts are telling you.

]

[COLOR=darkorchid]Can you really disempower a word that has had centuries of programing around the world?
Can you erase its power from the minds of the masses?
Kind of reminds me of what some black youth are doing with the word "N*gg*r"
No matter how they try to change the word "N*gg*r" to a friendly greating,
still thousands and thousands have suffered and been lynched under it
It carries a karmic stain... as crone does, IMHO.
Women deserve better.