PDA

View Full Version : Group Activity Alerts- Question for mods???

Sidney
18th October 2012, 21:56
Hi- I have several groups that I am active on sometimes, but I often forget about them and when I remember to go there, I find I have missed out on some good opportunities for great communications with others there. Is there any way to have some kind of alert set up that would notify each member of that group that there has been a posting there? thank You in advance, and apologies if this has already come up.

Paul
18th October 2012, 22:29
Hi- I have several groups that I am active on sometimes, but I often forget about them and when I remember to go there, I find I have missed out on some good opportunities for great communications with others there. Is there any way to have some kind of alert set up that would notify each member of that group that there has been a posting there? thank You in advance, and apologies if this has already come up.

That is perhaps the biggest weakness of "groups" in our forum software - the absence of notifications.

Unfortunately, so far as we know, there is nothing much we can do about it.

Fred Steeves
18th October 2012, 22:46
I would recommend starting a Skype chat group, for those who have it. You want to really get to know your Avalonian friends? Try talking to them like you would talk to your next door neighbor over a beer after work. In real time, and casual like. This only enhances the interaction in the main Avalon forum at large.

Paul
18th October 2012, 22:49
Is there any way to have some kind of alert set up that would notify each member of that group that there has been a posting there?

Marianne has noticed one potentially useful way to track group activity.

Go to the tab labeled Forum (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forum.php) (in the tab list at the top of this page, just below "The Project Avalon Forum" logo and earth).
Look on the bottom, right side of that Forum page - notice the section labeled "Latest Group Discussions"

There you can see the most recent posts in the forum groups.

If anyone is still using Internet Explorer 6, I don't think they will be able to see this. That browser is too broken to display the sidebar on that Forum page.

Thanks, Marianne :tea: .