PDA

View Full Version : Cooperation or Competition ?

gooty64
19th October 2012, 09:24
It's Ron from Florida, USA doing one of his 4:44 a.m. video talks.
First time I have listened to one of his talks in months.
And he's not channeling!
It's a good message.
He is know as Paradoxman316 on Youtube.

nhdRqI-7gaA

....and now back to the "meat grinder" and your regular programming.

Tony
19th October 2012, 13:58
Interesting....hm!

Competition is best!
First be good at what we do, then we can cooperate. I remember being at school, and some friends said to me, at an exam, "Let's not try very hard so we can stay together."
With fools like that for friends, who needs enemies. First one needs a consensus of what is needed. I don't see much of that around here.

Nope, competitiveness is great, it keep us sharp. The trick is to love at the same time. If we are climbing a mountain with other, we have to know the others are up to scratch, that they know what they are doing.

I went to the other side of the world to meet a man to cooperate with and to see what he knew. He didn't know anything. So I came home.

Tony

WyoSeeker
19th October 2012, 16:04
I disagree pineal. The planetary paradigm of competition has led us to where we are now. We need to start seeing that everyone has value, not just the "winner" Even those who are not up to scratch are worthy, but they get left behind or just crushed in the competition paradigm.

I agree with the video. If we want to move on from where we are we need to stop competing and start cooperating for the common good. On individual as well as national levels.

meeradas
19th October 2012, 16:22
Somehow,
any of 'my ambition' stops when competition sets in.
It ruins joy and has a stale metallic taste.

Tony
19th October 2012, 16:32
I disagree pineal. The planetary paradigm of competition has led us to where we are now. We need to start seeing that everyone has value, not just the "winner" Even those who are not up to scratch are worthy, but they get left behind or just crushed in the competition paradigm.

I agree with the video. If we want to move on from where we are we need to stop competing and start cooperating for the common good. On individual as well as national levels.

You are definitely not going to change people! How do you decide what is for the common good?

Tony
19th October 2012, 16:37
Somehow,
any of 'my ambition' stops when competition sets in.
It ruins joy and has a stale metallic taste.

One can choose to stay as one is or one can refine, and that is very challenging.
When I meet someone who 'knows' more than I do, it is very inspiring!

Tony

Tony
19th October 2012, 16:43
To repeat, I went to Ecuador to cooperate with a man, who did not want to cooperate....so what to do?

meeradas
19th October 2012, 16:45
One can choose to stay as one is or one can refine, and that is very challenging.
When I meet someone who 'knows' more than I do, it is very inspiring!

Certainly.
But where's the competition in that?
Maybe, competing with yourself.

Tarka the Duck
19th October 2012, 17:25
I don't think of myself as a naturally competitive person. Winning won't enhance who I am, and losing won't diminish who I am. However, I always have the intention of doing my best. It's about manifesting our potential. And I suppose it also comes down to being able to cope with someone being better than you :eek:

But when I really consider the subtlety of this issue, I can see the value of competition. It isn't just about the "killer instinct": that is a coarse viewpoint. There is the aspect of admiring the talents, dedication, perseverance and skills of others, even when they beat us. That is what inspires us and ultimately makes us better. We often excel when sparking off others, rather than merely drifting along holding hands. I'm always struck by the humble attitude of many athletes interviewed after taking part in events - they are invariably quick to sincerely praise the efforts of their fellow competitors. There seems to be a deep bond based on mutual respect and acknowledgement - it goes far beyond trying to "crush" your opponent!

I'm married to a former member of the UK Olympic fencing squad. He speaks about the experience of intense competition as being egoless.