PDA

View Full Version : Misinterpretations...

Fred Steeves
23rd October 2012, 22:55
Something I've noticed happens as we begin the road to actually listening to our higher awareness, is that the little Gremlin in the room, the one called misinterpretation, comes into play for us to practice with. You know, I'm as average Joe as one can get, so if it's happened/happens to me, chances are it's happened to a whole boat load of people. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Something I've known for about a year now, is that if we are indeed the ultimate truthseeker as we like to think of ourselves, then we are compelled to steadily become more and more obliged to our own true self, to challenge and to question every little thing that we believe to be true. By the end, that means absolutely every thing. A tall order, but one that can not be avoided forever.

So I figured if anyone's interested, I'll throw out the first example of a personal, and gross misinterpretation at that, which is a portion of a post I made here 13 months ago. After you read it, I'll critique.

In the last year or so I've aquired the habit of looking for a glimpse
into people eyes in passing in public, just to 'see'. To 'see' what I'm not
quite sure, but most definately to 'see' something. In the melancholy and
perceptive mood I was still in from the earlier events, I was doing
this subconsciously out of habit, but not really thinking about it.

While just wheeling the cart absentmindedly around, and noticing all the other
'average' people just like me there, a sudden realization hit me right between
the eyes out of nowhere. It was stunning...I WAS SURROUNDED BY ALLIES. Everybody
around me was NOT just here to lead a dull, struggling life, and then die, too
bad so sad. No! Whether these people were consciously aware of it or not, and
most of course probably not, they were here for a most important reason, a
mission. They were here to help, each in their very own and unique way, each
carrying their very own special and invaluable piece of the puzzle from 'home'.

It's very difficult to put into words, but it was like the veil was
thinned a little bit on purpose for just a few minutes, as if someone finally
decided it was time to grant me just the smallest of a behind the scenes peak at
just how overwhelming of an array of support we really have here in this unique
time. If that experience in the store is a microcosm of what's going on behind
the scenes on this whole planet, which I strongly feel it to be, then this is a
situation that TPTW may not have seen coming. If not that then they have grossly
overestimated their mind control schemes, because that's mere child's play when
compared to the power of these magnificent beings we call humans, and the
endless resources of infinite possibility. OOPS...Sorry guys...

Just thought I should share that with ya'll. I'm not claiming to be some grand
visionary or anything, far from it. But, I know what I 'saw'.

What I "saw" in those people at the store wasn't allies, secretly here on a mission to help save manking, they were people doing their shopping. That's it. What I really "saw", was a brief glimpse of our common spirit, our ultimate Oneness so to speak. It was both beautiful and breathtaking. So what did I go and do with that little glimpse? That little blessing? I added on to it what my pipe dream was at the time, that humanity is going to rally at the last possible dire second, and save the day.

Well now I can clearly see my mistake there. I took what was simply meant to be a rare moment of grace, when one was needed, and applied my own story line to it. Our higher senses are never mistaken when they tell us something is happening. Yes something is happening, pay attention. Our "practice" (LOL, no comments please), is to continue removing the distortion filters we are literally riddled with, and to ever see things more and more as they truly are. No matter what we would like to "think". Sometimes the truth really hits us a good one right in the gut, but it it's better than a lie, isn't it?

Anyone else have a good example of a personal mis-interpretaion? I know you're out there...http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Cheers,
Fred

Anchor
23rd October 2012, 23:16
Fred,

I wonder if you do yourself an injustice by describing and analyzing your progress using such a negative framework of introspection. Its something I often catch myself doing, so I am no good example. We all get tricked at some point - it would be a crap illusion if we did not.

For each thing you think you are doing or have done wrong, you are doing something right because there are no mistakes in the oneness - all experience is wisdom available for harvest to discerning souls.

Many of us have a tendency to wonder what we are doing wrong, when really its against a backdrop of so much that we do right, and we forget to rejoice in what we are doing right - which, given that we are all still alive right now is not an insubstantial set of things we are doing right.

My old martial arts teacher used to say, when you are cleaning the table, the cleaner it gets the more the little bits of dirt show up. (He then proceeded to tear apart a form I thought I had nailed very well, but really I had only just scratched the surface of the basics of it).

Kiforall
23rd October 2012, 23:22
Please could I throw it back at you?

What led you to believe it could be a misinterpretation?
Where did the doubt come from?

Zoe x

PurpleLama
23rd October 2012, 23:29
I've occasionally misinterpreted the fact that people have asked for help to mean that they actually wanted it.

Fred Steeves
23rd October 2012, 23:40
Fred,

I wonder if you do yourself an injustice by describing and analyzing your progress using such a negative framework of introspection. Its something I often catch myself doing, so I am no good example. We all get tricked at some point - it would be a crap illusion if we did not.

Hey there John, I know exactly where you're coming from, with the more you clean the more dirt you see analogy. That is absolutely correct of course, and every time I start really cleaning the house, it quickly becomes self evident.(LOL)

If my opening post seems like negative introspection, then I'm very glad you brought it up, because it's not meant to be. The written word is such a poor form of communication, even face to face we all often misinterpret each other. True it is introspection, but that's all it is, as honest a look at my own short comings in perception as is currently possible. By sharing that one example, I hope it may encourage some others to dare and take that sort of peek at themselves. And maybe even share one...http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Cheers Mate,
Fred

RunningDeer
23rd October 2012, 23:44
The more I read other people's post the more I feel unworthy to state my opinion. I say what's the point they say it so much better. I know one strength is my heart, but amongst strong logical thinkers, I feel small.

With that said, I'd still chose my heart over logic. It's who I am. I've just about given up on the whole enlightened thing, or OBE, or creating free energy inventions. Don't count me out to assist us All in this transition. My strength is that I don't give up on humanity. I've proven that my whole life.

Fred Steeves
23rd October 2012, 23:47

Hiya Zoe, just like when we look back on boyfriends/girlfriends we thought we were so truly in love with when we were young. It was for sure a special time, but it wasn't true love. Was it?

Kindred
23rd October 2012, 23:53
The more I read other people's post the more I feel unworthy to state my opinion. I say what's the point they say it so much better. I know one strength is my heart, but amongst strong logical thinkers, I feel small.

With that said, I'd still chose my heart over logic. It's who I am. I've just about given up on the whole enlightened thing, or OBE, or creating free energy inventions. And don't count me out to assist us All in this transition. My strength is that I don't give up on humanity. I've proven that my whole life.

WCBD - your 'weakness' is the Strength humanity will need to overcome the serious imbalance that exists today - left-brain so-called 'logical' thinking is what has brought us to this impasse of our own creation, in the first place.

We ALL need to reconnect with our Intuitive Side - you have a head start in this, and it is people like you that need to show the 'left-brainers' the way out of this mess.

Please... say what you think - Always. It's how the rest of us will Learn.

Thank You for your Lessons!

In Unity, Peace and Love

Fred Steeves
23rd October 2012, 23:54
So, this thread is not intended to be about me, mine was just the opening personal example of a gross misinterpretation. Surely I'm not the only one...

CD7
23rd October 2012, 23:55
I wouldnt view it as a mis-interpretation but more of a 'different' interpretation. I find especially within the last couple of years and very much as of late...my interpretations of me and my surroundings are changing alot Like a kaleidoscope tht shifts daily, viewing different versions of reality

In many instances our 'beliefs' or ideologies tht have been ingrained into us can act as an addendum, so to speak, piggy backing through our perspective/interpretations...giving us some sort of jumping off point

However it seems once you PEEL away everything thts been shoved into your box...interpretations come only from yourself, naked unfiltered AND tht much more perplexing! lol ..as there is no foundation to base your reality on?

Off the subject slightly--

Lately ive been pondering what seems to be one of the biggest contradictions in humanity...Humans seemingly biggest Program--->TO SEARCH, yet not to find

always searching..questioning....with no answers-- REAL ANSWERS-- forthcoming

Anastasia
24th October 2012, 00:30
Thank you Fred:

So magnificently put.

But that's what it's all about, those tiny micro-moments of the space in between.

When that "IAM" that my (personality is not) shows up and gives me a wink...I remember...and then carry on!

Anchor
24th October 2012, 00:42
Fred,

Hey there John, I know exactly where you're coming from, with the more you clean the more dirt you see analogy. That is absolutely correct of course, and every time I start really cleaning the house, it quickly becomes self evident.(LOL)

If my opening post seems like negative introspection, then I'm very glad you brought it up, because it's not meant to be. The written word is such a poor form of communication, even face to face we all often misinterpret each other. True it is introspection, but that's all it is, as honest a look at my own short comings in perception as is currently possible. By sharing that one example, I hope it may encourage some others to dare and take that sort of peek at themselves. And maybe even share one...http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Cheers Mate,
Fred

Negative is a loaded word. I may be open to misinterpretation using it they way I did. I need say no more because Christine nailed it :)

I have been reading an interesting/fascinating book which was written based on a transcription of a series of sessions between two channellers (Carla Rueckert and Barbara Brodsky) where the entities they were channeling (Q'uo and Aaron) were effectively having a sort of conversation via the channels!! (http://www.scribd.com/doc/8954863/The-AaronQuo-Dialogues-RueckertBrodsky)

In that Aaron uses a turn of phrase I really like when he refers to "Skillful choices" or "Unskillful choices" - in this way, he manages to convey the essence of ones walk along the path without the notion of mistakes (which is somewhat a judgmental disposition anyway, since these things are usually relative).

When we review our past, we may see that what was done once unskillfully, may now be done with more skill.

And to get skill you practice - which leads to another couple of threads currently running on this forum.

Kiforall
24th October 2012, 00:59
My main concern about whether I am misinterpreting the knowledge I'm remembering is that I'm a fighter, can't do with sitting on fences.
I believe we have to start taking the battle to them , the evily possessed.
I feel that it's time to just let them experience forgiveness, to experience or do we leave them to go at their own rate taking innocents with then along the way.
Or if you feel like you could have an effect over night what should be done? Do I go and kick ass with a new knowledge of energy recycling or is that a demonic temptation towards the destroyer in me.

I know my intentions are good so what am I misinterpreting?

Zoe x

Anchor
24th October 2012, 01:40

In my opinion nothing - do you think you are?

The way I see it, you are interpreting the polarity of your individual circumstances as you currently see them.

Based on what you see/are aware of you are making a choice and then (one assumes) acting.

That is what you are supposed to do is it not?

Your intent is what will condition which way your choices will be made. Essentially the meta-choice (the superset of all choices) that conditions all others at this density of expression - do we express love of others or love of self. For most of us here it is the former.

It don't think it even matters if your intentions are "good" or otherwise actually - the main thing is you get to make a conscious choice - this is a choice made in an awakened or more-enlightened consciousness and that counts for a whole lot more than people stumbling around blindly being manipulated into doing things that they would not do - if they were less somnolent.

As an awakening or awakened entity, you get to be able to analyze your choices and evaluate them in a wider context of awareness. Are you are being manipulated externally or are working from an inner knowing?

You get to work consciously on your inner self and discover how it is that there is your individual beingness in its current state, and how that entity, all of it, refracts the pure light of source - into the distorted, but essentially glorious, holographic manifestation of self and all. You are then in this moment a component of the creator, a thought in the one original thought.

Once you start to know that, then you realise that we are a part of that, and as such individually responsible for everything we do - so even if others agree with you and "validate" your position - it is still your choice to make, and your choice alone - you are the boss of yourself, and no one else is :)

If you deem yourself to have made unskillful choices on the path to this present moment - then forgiveness of self is in order - but then to move on. Likewise we forgive those who trespass against us, and even, in resolution, thank them for the catalyst they bring us. Furthermore, from this catalyst we can learn more and more of the ways of the divine which is our true, unseen and unknown self - the creators way, in fact the creator - for all is one.

judymoon
24th October 2012, 03:40
A rare moment of Grace, to help us along. I love your insight into your past interpretation of a situation, and your present re-interpretation. It seems like spiritual growth is 2% insight, and illumination, and 98% slogging through day after day of uninspired earth life (ha).

It seems I am constantly reinterpreting my experiences as my awareness grows (and it isn't linear) When i'm feeling compassion or love, it covers everything in my perception. Likewise when I'm enraged.

I'm not a grounded and pragmatic person, like you. I tend to be more emotionally driven and see reality through the lens of whatever emotion I am currently experiencing. So my reality alters a lot, and in a moment of Grace, I am aware that I am not all those emotional states, but the calm and watching mind underneath them.

I'm not sure any perception of reality is nessesarily the 'correct' one. Some are colored by stubborn world views and belief systems. Others by wishful thinking and optimisim. who knows what 'reality' is! We are all operating out of our own little universes, belief systems, and cultural indoctrination. Grace is truly a moment of Clarity.

Thanks for sharing that experience, Fred, always enjoy your posts and ponderings.

Kiforall
24th October 2012, 03:47

Hiya Zoe, just like when we look back on boyfriends/girlfriends we thought we were so truly in love with when we were young. It was for sure a special time, but it wasn't true love. Was it?

It wasn't True Love then but at the time it was the truest you knew.

I've worked through various relationships where each one has left mainly negativity. Even though at the time it felt like true love the only understanding from the whole thing was it wasn't true love.

What I feel with my family now is that this is True Love and now I see us all within that family and there is a part of my heart that belongs to all of you. An ex of mine said he'd always have a place in his heart for me and I understand now I was already there.
He also said I had to stop searching for love and Love would find me . It did and I know it's True because it stems from a truth that cannot be questioned.

Just go with it, whatever feels right. If you make a mistake it will only take you deeper into the journey.
We have to trust ourselves.

Zoe x

Reaver
24th October 2012, 03:49
Anyone else have a good example of a personal mis-interpretaion? I know you're out there...
I would be extremely shocked (I'm being dead serious) if someone on this forum -or on this planet for that matter- hasn't gone through major **** ups. If you can capitalize on them, then you'll add to the learning process. A major **** up of mine? I bought into the alien saviours and love & light nonsense for 3 or 4 months back in late 2009 and early 2010. It was a short period and more than falling for some propaganda, it was my own self-denial and stupidity. At the time I had conflicting perceptions with philosophy, occultism and psychology, but I chose to keep drugging myself with fluffy BS and idiotic hopes even though I knew it was stupid nonsense at a... very conscious level.

What I "saw" in those people at the store wasn't allies, secretly here on a mission to help save manking, they were people doing their shopping. That's it. What I really "saw", was a brief glimpse of our common spirit, our ultimate Oneness so to speak. It was both beautiful and breathtaking. So what did I go and do with that little glimpse? That little blessing? I added on to it what my pipe dream was at the time, that humanity is going to rally at the last possible dire second, and save the day.

This is what I see:

pIoMXYBztdg

I'll leave it at that since you are only using your example to point at the moon.

Why would it be an injustice? That's a deconstructive analysis. Whether it hits you the next day or the year after, you must acknowledge when you mess up and once you acknowledge it, you can start to see patterns and proceed to remove them. The result? you remove the crap, build immunity (when it is appropriate to do so) and become wiser. Sure it can become some obsessive disorder full of guilt, but it doesn't have to be. In fact it's very healthy to do so -as painful as it may be-

For each thing you think you are doing or have done wrong, you are doing something right because there are no mistakes in the oneness - all experience is wisdom available for harvest to discerning souls.

I may be taking this out of context, but I'll take my shot anyway: I don't care how much oneness or how much subjectivity you experience.... there are things which are not dependent upon us, rather we are dependent upon them. 2+2=4 whether we like it or not, then again you can take that fact of life and use it to create X or Y and that's where the subjective factor enters the fray. If you want to play music, you will be "forced" to act under the "governing laws" of musical theory, how you mash them up together is a subjective thing.

Many of us have a tendency to wonder what we are doing wrong, when really its against a backdrop of so much that we do right, and we forget to rejoice in what we are doing right - which, given that we are all still alive right now is not an insubstantial set of things we are doing right.
Both are necessary. To become aware of what you are doing wrong and what is accurate or right. The trick is not to become obsessed with either polarity. To wallow in guilt can only demoralize you and to be fixated on positive thinking will result in mediocrity.

With that said, I'd still chose my heart over logic. It's who I am. I've just about given up on the whole enlightened thing, or OBE, or creating free energy inventions. Don't count me out to assist us All in this transition. My strength is that I don't give up on humanity. I've proven that my whole life.
This is a problem, one which end ups with a demoralized state. See... it's one thing to acknowledge that someone else is better than you in whatever area and to accept your shortcomings , but it's a different matter altogether when you start to think yourself unworthy. You have to dare to become more, to become better. That's the first step, you won't become a great painter if you don't start to paint something, you won't be a good writer if you don't write at all, you won't become a great musician if you never take up and instrument. All of that takes effort and patience. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be the best of the best 2 or 5 years down the line nor does it mean that you won't receive any form of criticism. you still have to recognize when you mess up and when there are other people who are superior (in a cognitive sense, not a narcissistic one) as well as recognizing your talents and strengths.

I have come across (still do) other people's work. People who were/are clearly far more Knowledgeable than I am. I don't deny their superiority nor do I wallow in some guilt because I'm not at their level. In a sense it's a challenge to rise above my current understanding, so I take what I can from them and dedicate myself to keep improving. 10 years down the line I can go back to those works and still find that I'm not at that level and that's fine as long as I keep making progress and don't become stagnant.

"You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"

rWj7oWlVtag

If there are factors which prevent you to "dare" then you'd have to address those factors. Now I'm just pointing at the universal factors, the fine tuning is something entirely individual.

As for the heart over logic thing... People need to understand that the Human Being is a Totality. If you favour the heart all the time, stagnation follows and the same is true for the brain. It's like the debate of atomistic vs holistic approaches, it's not that one is absolutely superior to the other, rather it's about knowing when one or the other should be used... that or to know when a combination of both approaches is necessary. Superimpose this to the Heart vs Brain debate.

Intentions are not enough.

Kiforall
24th October 2012, 03:54
But I can't think of a better word for intention at the moment.

Anastasia
24th October 2012, 04:10
Misinterpretations are or can be opportunities for healing.

They seem to go hand in hand with 'misunderstandings'...i experienced a misunderstanding with someone the other day here at Avalon.

I felt I was misunderstood and responded with a bit of sarcasm...(dictionary defnition: tearing of the flesh)
It can be harmful.

I hadn't seen or "bumped in" this person in a few days and thought about this person. Just got out got out of bed with an sweet urgency to make amends, to mend, to apologize for my part.

Felt the love for a person I hope to get to know in time.

It is so interesting communicating via this venue'...it's mysterious for me.

I know no one. No one knows me.

I also feel a bit off my game since I don't know how to navigate.

This brings up issues around asking for help.

hum...not a bad idea, since it is suggested to do so.

mis-interpretations...

Interesting!

Sincerly,
Anastasia

Anastasia
24th October 2012, 04:27
Yes, ChristineDream7, Searching...with no conclusions?

To be in the unknown is a challenge for me.

It seems that it would allow for something greater to happen than a conclusion. I guess, what I am trying to say is that space in between, like when Fred was able to experience the others at the supermarket. That felt like a non-conclusion, an experience.

I love those moments where something greater occurs.

I moved out of the city and to a more relaxed environment seven years ago. I can remember going to stores out here in Rocky Point and making sweet eye contact with oh. let's say the person working at the check-out, feeling 'blessed'...

That happened alot and still does.

A smile, a kind word, a thoughful deed...when I allow myself to be in that space in between here and there...

lalalal I want her everywhere and as long as we're together I need never care. For to love her is to need her everywhere, knowing that love is to share. Each one believing that love never dies, watching her eyes, and knowing she'll always care...lalalalalalalal

Everywhere.....Beatles, "here there, everywhere"

Sometimes I just start singing....silly me!

Sincerely,
Anastasia

Nanoo Nanoo
24th October 2012, 09:13
Fred,

My old martial arts teacher used to say, when you are cleaning the table, the cleaner it gets the more the little bits of dirt show up. (He then proceeded to tear apart a form I thought I had nailed very well, but really I had only just scratched the surface of the basics of it).

My first martial arts master told me

" always wait for for your opponent to strike... Then strike first! "

Whaaaaa!

N

13th Warrior
24th October 2012, 11:06
Something I've noticed happens as we begin the road to actually listening to our higher awareness, is that the little Gremlin in the room, the one called misinterpretation, comes into play for us to practice with. You know, I'm as average Joe as one can get, so if it's happened/happens to me, chances are it's happened to a whole boat load of people. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Something I've known for about a year now, is that if we are indeed the ultimate truthseeker as we like to think of ourselves, then we are compelled to steadily become more and more obliged to our own true self, to challenge and to question every little thing that we believe to be true. By the end, that means absolutely every thing. A tall order, but one that can not be avoided forever.

So I figured if anyone's interested, I'll throw out the first example of a personal, and gross misinterpretation at that, which is a portion of a post I made here 13 months ago. After you read it, I'll critique.

In the last year or so I've aquired the habit of looking for a glimpse
into people eyes in passing in public, just to 'see'. To 'see' what I'm not
quite sure, but most definately to 'see' something. In the melancholy and
perceptive mood I was still in from the earlier events, I was doing
this subconsciously out of habit, but not really thinking about it.

While just wheeling the cart absentmindedly around, and noticing all the other
'average' people just like me there, a sudden realization hit me right between
the eyes out of nowhere. It was stunning...I WAS SURROUNDED BY ALLIES. Everybody
around me was NOT just here to lead a dull, struggling life, and then die, too
bad so sad. No! Whether these people were consciously aware of it or not, and
most of course probably not, they were here for a most important reason, a
mission. They were here to help, each in their very own and unique way, each
carrying their very own special and invaluable piece of the puzzle from 'home'.

It's very difficult to put into words, but it was like the veil was
thinned a little bit on purpose for just a few minutes, as if someone finally
decided it was time to grant me just the smallest of a behind the scenes peak at
just how overwhelming of an array of support we really have here in this unique
time. If that experience in the store is a microcosm of what's going on behind
the scenes on this whole planet, which I strongly feel it to be, then this is a
situation that TPTW may not have seen coming. If not that then they have grossly
overestimated their mind control schemes, because that's mere child's play when
compared to the power of these magnificent beings we call humans, and the
endless resources of infinite possibility. OOPS...Sorry guys...

Just thought I should share that with ya'll. I'm not claiming to be some grand
visionary or anything, far from it. But, I know what I 'saw'.

Well now I can clearly see my mistake there. I took what was simply meant to be a rare moment of grace, when one was needed, and applied my own story line to it. Our higher senses are never mistaken when they tell us something is happening. Yes something is happening, pay attention. Our "practice" (LOL, no comments please), is to continue removing the distortion filters we are literally riddled with, and to ever see things more and more as they truly are. No matter what we would like to "think". Sometimes the truth really hits us a good one right in the gut, but it it's better than a lie, isn't it?

Anyone else have a good example of a personal mis-interpretaion? I know you're out there...http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

Cheers,
Fred

I see this happening all the time and i try to avoid it as much as possible myself; i'd choose to call it "projecting" though. I believe you were projecting your thoughts/feelings onto someone else.

RunningDeer
24th October 2012, 14:17
First, thank you for your point of views, Reaver.

My interpretation of Fred’s thread was this is a safe place to acknowledge and explore weaknesses. Recognition is an important first step. It takes guts to put it out there. Too, others may identify. Which begins their process to dig out the gunk within and chuck it. I’d even go as far to say it’s our small contribution to assist raising the collective unconsciousness. So, it’s a “two fer one sale.”

This is a problem, one which end ups with a demoralized state. See... it's one thing to acknowledge that someone else is better than you in whatever area and to accept your shortcomings , but it's a different matter altogether when you start to think yourself unworthy. You have to dare to become more, to become better.

Good points. I agree. That was how I felt in the moment. It is not how I feel. I was making a point using extreme descriptions. It was an honest feeling. But I know myself enough to know that I would not leap into a “demoralized state”.

You have to dare to become more, to become better.

I’m finally coming to rest with “I am more” already.

I have no need for an opponent nor to be smarter. Why? I am smart and because of this, it’s unfolding and evolving.

As for the heart over logic thing... People need to understand that the Human Being is a Totality. If you favor the heart all the time, stagnation follows and the same is true for the brain.

If I were to rewrite that post, I’d change heart to heart-mind. Too, the reverse is true. People that favor the brain over the heart become stagnated.

It's like the debate of atomistic vs holistic approaches, it's not that one is absolutely superior to the other, rather it's about knowing when one or the other should be used... that or to know when a combination of both approaches is necessary. Superimpose this to the Heart vs Brain debate.

I agree. My approach is heart-mind, combine and develop both. I’m not afraid to admit my weak areas. That is a strength. Weak areas are also in relation to something in that moment when the feeling arises. I’m honest enough with myself to see it. And when I’m around those that need to be clever or right over all else, I feel it in them.

I have come across (still do) other people's work. People who were/are clearly far more Knowledgeable than I am. I don't deny their superiority nor do I wallow in some guilt because I'm not at their level.

For me, there are many, many people more knowledgable than I. But they are not superior to me. We just have strengths in different areas. (see below) Nor do a “wallow in guilt” about it. I recognize and honor their gift. For those that use intelligence, or knowledge as a means of superiority, that just points to their gaps.

Below are some of my strengths as defined in “7 Kinds of Smart,” by: Thomas Armstrong & “Emotional Intelligence,” by: Daniel Goleman. It points to why the heart-mind approach has enabled me to stand in my power and to live as a rounded, dimensional being.

Interpersonal Intelligence - This enables an individual to interact and relate to others effectively.

Intrapersonal Intelligence - Intelligence of the inner-self. A person who can easily access his or her own feelings and emotional states by being introspective.

Emotional Intelligence - self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, social awareness, social skills

Linguistic Intelligence - (I express the IQ differently.) Ability to understand language, word speech, and the methods used for these. Western academics are evaluated with using the usual IQ tests.

Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence - Eye hand and body coordination

* “7 Kinds of Smart ,” by: Thomas Armstrong & “Emotional Intelligence,” by: Daniel Goleman

Logical-Mathematical Intelligence, Linguistic Intelligence, Music Intelligence, Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence, Spatial-Intelligence, Intrapersonal Intelligence, Interpersonal Intelligence

Peace and Heart,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

Anyone else have a good example of a personal mis-interpretaion? I know you're out there...
I would be extremely shocked (I'm being dead serious) if someone on this forum -or on this planet for that matter- hasn't gone through major **** ups. If you can capitalize on them, then you'll add to the learning process. A major **** up of mine? I bought into the alien saviours and love & light nonsense for 3 or 4 months back in late 2009 and early 2010. It was a short period and more than falling for some propaganda, it was my own self-denial and stupidity. At the time I had conflicting perceptions with philosophy, occultism and psychology, but I chose to keep drugging myself with fluffy BS and idiotic hopes even though I knew it was stupid nonsense at a... very conscious level.

This is what I see:

pIoMXYBztdg

I'll leave it at that since you are only using your example to point at the moon.

Why would it be an injustice? That's a deconstructive analysis. Whether it hits you the next day or the year after, you must acknowledge when you mess up and once you acknowledge it, you can start to see patterns and proceed to remove them. The result? you remove the crap, build immunity (when it is appropriate to do so) and become wiser. Sure it can become some obsessive disorder full of guilt, but it doesn't have to be. In fact it's very healthy to do so -as painful as it may be-

I may be taking this out of context, but I'll take my shot anyway: I don't care how much oneness or how much subjectivity you experience.... there are things which are not dependent upon us, rather we are dependent upon them. 2+2=4 whether we like it or not, then again you can take that fact of life and use it to create X or Y and that's where the subjective factor enters the fray. If you want to play music, you will be "forced" to act under the "governing laws" of musical theory, how you mash them up together is a subjective thing.

Both are necessary. To become aware of what you are doing wrong and what is accurate or right. The trick is not to become obsessed with either polarity. To wallow in guilt can only demoralize you and to be fixated on positive thinking will result in mediocrity.

This is a problem, one which end ups with a demoralized state. See... it's one thing to acknowledge that someone else is better than you in whatever area and to accept your shortcomings , but it's a different matter altogether when you start to think yourself unworthy. You have to dare to become more, to become better. That's the first step, you won't become a great painter if you don't start to paint something, you won't be a good writer if you don't write at all, you won't become a great musician if you never take up and instrument. All of that takes effort and patience. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be the best of the best 2 or 5 years down the line nor does it mean that you won't receive any form of criticism. you still have to recognize when you mess up and when there are other people who are superior (in a cognitive sense, not a narcissistic one) as well as recognizing your talents and strengths.

I have come across (still do) other people's work. People who were/are clearly far more Knowledgeable than I am. I don't deny their superiority nor do I wallow in some guilt because I'm not at their level. In a sense it's a challenge to rise above my current understanding, so I take what I can from them and dedicate myself to keep improving. 10 years down the line I can go back to those works and still find that I'm not at that level and that's fine as long as I keep making progress and don't become stagnant.

rWj7oWlVtag

If there are factors which prevent you to "dare" then you'd have to address those factors. Now I'm just pointing at the universal factors, the fine tuning is something entirely individual.

As for the heart over logic thing... People need to understand that the Human Being is a Totality. If you favour the heart all the time, stagnation follows and the same is true for the brain. It's like the debate of atomistic vs holistic approaches, it's not that one is absolutely superior to the other, rather it's about knowing when one or the other should be used... that or to know when a combination of both approaches is necessary. Superimpose this to the Heart vs Brain debate.

Intentions are not enough.

Ron Mauer Sr
24th October 2012, 14:34

I still can remember back that far. I blame it on overactive hormones.

donk
24th October 2012, 14:52
I misinterpretted my "lil bro's" sweatiness, loss of weight, avoiding me, and inability to repay a debt as mundane personal financial issues...turns out it was addiction to blow that went all the way outa control to smoking crack.

Heart over logic. Painful lesson.

("it can never happen to ME..." been echoing over and over and over...)

Finefeather
24th October 2012, 19:45
I often find the 'Thanks' button does not say enough about a good post.
Reaver, this is an exceptional post IMO, lots of wisdom here...thanks :)
Love
Ray

Reaver's Post here

Fred Steeves
24th October 2012, 21:04
I suppose then, we all can summon numerous examples of our previous well meaning perceptions of different events, only to later realize how eroneous those perceptions actually were. This is not a bad thing, it's actually a vital tool in finding our way home. Similar to the strategy of marking a tree every 100' when lost in the woods, so we can look back at the tree line we are making, and use that to keep us going in a straight line. Noting, and understanding our past shortcomings, helps us to mark where we've been, and to avoid old cycles of ignorance. Hell, I've had enough of THAT game, don't know about you.http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

The true nitty gritty of my thought on this subject, is the importance of questioning and challenging literally everything that makes up the totality of what we like to "think" is "our life". Is it really our life? If so, how much of it? How much of it is original and straight from our being, compared to how much of it is what we've heard someone else say, or something we thought was true 10 years ago, a year ago, or last week. We assume we know much, and that is our Achilles Heel.

After some time of stalking himself Don Juan style, without mercy, the warrior not only ceases being afraid of death, but he ceases being afraid of the unknown. There is a certain point when he is forced to admit to himself he doesn't know s**t, and that is the point his soul becomes like that of a hungry tiger, relentless in it's pursuit of it's ultimate destiny. The Universe holds great respect for this...

Cheers,
Fred

Finefeather
24th October 2012, 21:12

I have no need for an opponent nor to be smarter. Why? I am smart and because of this, it’s unfolding and evolving.

As for the heart over logic thing... People need to understand that the Human Being is a Totality. If you favor the heart all the time, stagnation follows and the same is true for the brain.

If I were to rewrite that post, I’d change heart to heart-mind. Too, the reverse is true. People that favor the brain over the heart become stagnated.

It's like the debate of atomistic vs holistic approaches, it's not that one is absolutely superior to the other, rather it's about knowing when one or the other should be used... that or to know when a combination of both approaches is necessary. Superimpose this to the Heart vs Brain debate.

I agree. My approach is heart-mind, combine and develop both. I’m not afraid to admit my weak areas. That is a strength. Weak areas are also in relation to something in that moment when the feeling arises. I’m honest enough with myself to see it. And when I’m around those that need to be clever or right over all else, I feel it in them.

I have come across (still do) other people's work. People who were/are clearly far more Knowledgeable than I am. I don't deny their superiority nor do I wallow in some guilt because I'm not at their level.

For me, there are many, many people more knowledgable than I. But they are not superior to me. We just have strengths in different areas. (see below) Nor do a “wallow in guilt” about it. I recognize and honor their gift. For those that use intelligence, or knowledge as a means of superiority, that just points to their gaps.

This is a great response to Reaver's post...Life is not a contest between each other...it is about a blossoming of love inside ourselves.

Something which I see often is the debate about mind/heart based living.
The thing we need to keep in 'mind' is that the mind is the 'fashioner' of our attitudes... we can be highly intelligent but still blind to 'spiritual' reality...and also less intelligent and very 'spiritual'. (I use the word spiritual only to depict a perceived duality, where in fact it does not really exist). The way we actually see right and wrong depends on true higher knowledge which has been transmuted to wisdom...NOT intellectual integrity.
Truth in the form of higher knowledge leads to Wisdom which leads to unconditional love and ultimately living in the heart...we do not first live in the heart and then become knowledgeable or wise. (Please keep in mind the difference between intelligence and wisdom. Intelligence is the ability to acquire knowledge where wisdom is the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement.)
Some have come with built in wisdom and they are naturally living in the heart and avoid conflict...these are often older 'souls'.
So the wiser we become the more we will live in the heart because wisdom and love are the qualities of the soul...and that automatically means that your attitude which is fashioned by your mind is coming from a wise point of view. Logic comes into play here too...because if you are wise your logic will tell you that love is the only way and competition is really not necessary. Unconditional love is esoterically the opposite of competition, but in the spirit we call it a game...and there is a difference between a game and a competition...in a competition we may see each other as enemies whereas in a game we should see each other as friends...and we more than often learn from the games we play...ultimately it is all in the attitude, which is a mind construct and depending on your awareness and consciousness your attitude will change.

By the way...females are far more likely to live in the heart because they come with built in nurturing qualities whereas the male comes with his contribution of providing which often ends up in wars :)

Love to all
Ray

TargeT
24th October 2012, 22:37
I suppose then, we all can summon numerous examples of our previous well meaning perceptions of different events, only to later realize how eroneous those perceptions actually were. This is not a bad thing, it's actually a vital tool in finding our way home. Similar to the strategy of marking a tree every 100' when lost in the woods, so we can look back at the tree line we are making, and use that to keep us going in a straight line. Noting, and understanding our past shortcomings, helps us to mark where we've been, and to avoid old cycles of ignorance. Hell, I've had enough of THAT game, don't know about you.http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif

The true nitty gritty of my thought on this subject, is the importance of questioning and challenging literally everything that makes up the totality of what we like to "think" is "our life". Is it really our life? If so, how much of it? How much of it is original and straight from our being, compared to how much of it is what we've heard someone else say, or something we thought was true 10 years ago, a year ago, or last week. We assume we know much, and that is our Achilles Heel.

After some time of stalking himself Don Juan style, without mercy, the warrior not only ceases being afraid of death, but he ceases being afraid of the unknown. There is a certain point when he is forced to admit to himself he doesn't know s**t, and that is the point his soul becomes like that of a hungry tiger, relentless in it's pursuit of it's ultimate destiny. The Universe holds great respect for this...

Cheers,
Fred

Words (Grammar) are(is) funny.

I consider misinterpretation to be rooted in perception, as is the current flash (vibration / pulse) of reality we experience every .0042 seconds. We tend to cling to “self” and a definition of self that is often at odds with the multitude of external perceptions of “us”; thus causing a dissonance (cognitive) that we then shift our perception in an attempt to correct, which starts the cycle again.

This is an uncomfortable cycle, I think this is a part of the root cause of our quest, our seeking that which cannot be found; but as a whole this cycle allows “us” to experience fully all that can be experienced (the good, the bad, and the ugly).
The only error (if it is even that) that I can see in this cycle is clinging too desperately to anything, (even principles?) as that seems to blind “us” to experiences we are seemingly meant to have.

Reflecting back on a situation and perceiving it differently (re-interpret?) is great! If nothing else you have doubled your gains from the experience; I can’t think of a better thing that could be done with my (our) current linear time mind set.

Question everything, always. I do not know where I heard this statement (I'm sure I did not "coin" it) but I cannot think of better advice (and even that should be questioned).

By the way...females are far more likely to live in the heart because they come with built in nurturing qualities whereas the male comes with his contribution of providing which often ends up in wars :)

Love to all
Ray

I humbly disagree.

Males are more logical and favor the left brain, where as females favor the right. (Gross generalization)

the trick here is that if the right brain is completely missing from the picture, the left does not notice / care... here in lies the danger, as males are often taught to suppress the right and foster the left & since a brain functions like any muscle,, well the conclusion seems obvious..

Reaver
24th October 2012, 22:41
That wasn't meant to be that literal as in go find some kind of enemy nor was I talking about a lack of potential. More than pointing towards people, I was pointing towards an idea. The idea that you can challenge yourself to improve. Let's say you are trying to expand your understanding of mathematics. You can go to the works of people who had or have a deeper understanding that you currently do... in a sense their Knowledge can act as a whetting stone so that you can sharpen your own Knowledge. Sure anyone may have the potential, but it takes more than just having "it" to actually exploit it.

I thought "superiority" had more meanings than the classic superiority complex, must be the language barrier. But yeah I was trying to say that there are people who are more knowledgeable and/or more skillful and that's all right as long as it doesn't turn into... a superiority/inferiority complex.

RunningDeer
24th October 2012, 23:54

This is a great response to Reaver's post...Life is not a contest between each other...it is about a blossoming of love inside ourselves.

Something which I see often is the debate about mind/heart based living.
The thing we need to keep in 'mind' is that the mind is the 'fashioner' of our attitudes... we can be highly intelligent but still blind to 'spiritual' reality...and also less intelligent and very 'spiritual'. (I use the word spiritual only to depict a perceived duality, where in fact it does not really exist). The way we actually see right and wrong depends on true higher knowledge which has been transmuted to wisdom...NOT intellectual integrity.
Truth in the form of higher knowledge leads to Wisdom which leads to unconditional love and ultimately living in the heart...we do not first live in the heart and then become knowledgeable or wise. (Please keep in mind the difference between intelligence and wisdom. Intelligence is the ability to acquire knowledge where wisdom is the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement.)
Some have come with built in wisdom and they are naturally living in the heart and avoid conflict...these are often older 'souls'.
So the wiser we become the more we will live in the heart because wisdom and love are the qualities of the soul...and that automatically means that your attitude which is fashioned by your mind is coming from a wise point of view. Logic comes into play here too...because if you are wise your logic will tell you that love is the only way and competition is really not necessary. Unconditional love is esoterically the opposite of competition, but in the spirit we call it a game...and there is a difference between a game and a competition...in a competition we may see each other as enemies whereas in a game we should see each other as friends...and we more than often learn from the games we play...ultimately it is all in the attitude, which is a mind construct and depending on your awareness and consciousness your attitude will change.

Love to all
Ray

Hello Ray,

I’ve spent several hours on your passage. It’s all color coded and font resized for emphasis. Then any questions I had were answered. Thank you. It’s all right there. But I did get a spin off question from a couple of your points:

Logic comes into play here too...because if you are wise your logic will tell you that love is the only way and competition is really not necessary.

If I understand this, while playing the game, I become aware of where and when ego comes out to play. It then fades. Unconditional love is center stage through wisdom gleaned by experience, knowledge, and good judgement.

So here’s the $64 concern. There aren’t many people that play the game with intent to grow/develop in unconditional love. And if one is naturally living in the heart and avoids conflict, (I agree) that makes for a hermit existence. Why? Because it’s just too exhausting. How does one live in the world? If humans are here to interact and learn from one another, how is that done?

As I write this I see that I’m speaking in black and white extremes. But, it’s been my experience that most people don’t care about the unconditional love journey. It just becomes a game of egos. And that’s ugly. And it’s hard to be unconditional love. It’s just not worth it and thus, here it’s goes again, hermit existence, but I’m in the world to learn from experiences... It just makes me dizzy.

With love,
Paula

Fred Steeves
25th October 2012, 00:10
So here’s the $64 concern. There aren’t many people that play the game with intent to grow/develop in unconditional love. And if one naturally living in the heart and avoids conflict, (I agree) that makes for a hermit existence. Why? Because it’s just too exhausting. How does one live in the world? If humans are here to interact and learn from one another, how is that done?

Hermes Standing Upon the Back of Typhon.
"Hermes, as the personification of Universal Wisdom, is here depicted with his foot upon the back of Typhon, the vanquished dragon of ignorance and perversion. To the Egyptian initiates Typhon, the devourer of souls, signified the Lower world which swallows up the spiritual nature of the individual who, being imperfect, is forced to descend from the higher spheres and be reborn into the physical universe. To be swallowed by Typhon therefore signifies the process of rebirth, from which man can only release himself by vanquishing his mortal Adversary.
In one hand Hermes carries the Caduceus, a winged rod with two fighting serpents entwined about it; in the other, the immortal Emerald, upon whose surface was inscribed in raised letters the sum of philosophy. The figure wears the ancient Egyptian Masonic apron according to the pattern discovered by Belzoni, the eminent Egyptologist. The two small circles contain the forms and symbols most closely associated with Hermes. In the upper circle is the ibis, whose curious characteristics have caused it to be particularly associated with the medical art. In the initiation ceremonies the Egyptian priests wore masks in the form of the ibis head to signify that they represented the attributes of Thoth, or Hermes. The Lower circle fontains the dogn, an animal always associated with Hermes because of its intelligence and devotion. Upon the forehead of Hermes appears the uraeus, the secret symbol of the constellation of Scorpio, which represents the regeneration of the same power that in the form of a drgon lies helpless under his foot. The scarab over the heart of Hermes represents the presence of the spiritual and regenerative light within his own soul; the collar typifies by its circles the orbits of the heavenly bodies. The three points of the tail of Typhon which end in arrows indicte the three destructive expressions of universal energy - mental, moral, and physical pervesion. The entire diagram signifies mastery through the regeneration of the body, the illumination of the mind, and the transmutation of the emotions."

RunningDeer
25th October 2012, 00:27
That wasn't meant to be that literal as in go find some kind of enemy nor was I talking about a lack of potential. More than pointing towards people, I was pointing towards an idea. The idea that you can challenge yourself to improve. Let's say you are trying to expand your understanding of mathematics. You can go to the works of people who had or have a deeper understanding that you currently do... in a sense their Knowledge can act as a whetting stone so that you can sharpen your own Knowledge. Sure anyone may have the potential, but it takes more than just having "it" to actually exploit it.

I thought "superiority" had more meanings than the classic superiority complex, must be the language barrier. But yeah I was trying to say that there are people who are more knowledgeable and/or more skillful and that's all right as long as it doesn't turn into... a superiority/inferiority complex.

Thank you, Reaver.

That wasn't meant to be that literal as in go find some kind of enemy nor was I talking about a lack of potential. More than pointing towards people, I was pointing towards an idea. The idea that you can challenge yourself to improve.

What you’ve explained makes perfect sense. And your answer is what I would have given someone once and probably still will. My philosophy is “the day I stop learning is the day I die.”

I’ve reached a point in my life where I just don’t want to challenge myself to improve. I’ve got college degrees. I’m retired and most of my waking hours are still in study. I’ve wasted my life in silly business of factoids and stuff. But this world is about factoids and stuff. And I’m just not fitting in any more.

Oops...Got it.

I went into defensive mode because I was willing to share an honest feeling in that 1st post, and put myself in vulnerable position. Scary place.

With heart,
Paula

RunningDeer
25th October 2012, 00:50
So here’s the $64 concern. There aren’t many people that play the game with intent to grow/develop in unconditional love. And if one naturally living in the heart and avoids conflict, (I agree) that makes for a hermit existence. Why? Because it’s just too exhausting. How does one live in the world? If humans are here to interact and learn from one another, how is that done?

Hermes Standing Upon the Back of Typhon.
"Hermes, as the personification of Universal Wisdom, is here depicted with his foot upon the back of Typhon, the vanquished dragon of ignorance and perversion. To the Egyptian initiates Typhon, the devourer of souls, signified the Lower world which swallows up the spiritual nature of the individual who, being imperfect, is forced to descend from the higher spheres and be reborn into the physical universe. To be swallowed by Typhon therefore signifies the process of rebirth, from which man can only release himself by vanquishing his mortal Adversary.
In one hand Hermes carries the Caduceus, a winged rod with two fighting serpents entwined about it; in the other, the immortal Emerald, upon whose surface was inscribed in raised letters the sum of philosophy. The figure wears the ancient Egyptian Masonic apron according to the pattern discovered by Belzoni, the eminent Egyptologist. The two small circles contain the forms and symbols most closely associated with Hermes. In the upper circle is the ibis, whose curious characteristics have caused it to be particularly associated with the medical art. In the initiation ceremonies the Egyptian priests wore masks in the form of the ibis head to signify that they represented the attributes of Thoth, or Hermes. The Lower circle fontains the dogn, an animal always associated with Hermes because of its intelligence and devotion. Upon the forehead of Hermes appears the uraeus, the secret symbol of the constellation of Scorpio, which represents the regeneration of the same power that in the form of a drgon lies helpless under his foot. The scarab over the heart of Hermes represents the presence of the spiritual and regenerative light within his own soul; the collar typifies by its circles the orbits of the heavenly bodies. The three points of the tail of Typhon which end in arrows indicte the three destructive expressions of universal energy - mental, moral, and physical pervesion. The entire diagram signifies mastery through the regeneration of the body, the illumination of the mind, and the transmutation of the emotions."

The entire diagram signifies mastery through the regeneration of the body, the illumination of the mind, and the transmutation of the emotions."

Thanks, Fred.... Which brings me to my other $64 question:

How to I dovetail: you are a spirit having human experience vs. ET vs. I AM. How in the world do you fit those into one persona? Is it like a venn diagram where one circle within a great circle, and then another circle? Human, then ET, then I AM? Or just 'I AM' like Nisagraddatta Maharaj and other greats say? I'm on overload with all this stuff. I just think the simple things are what's important: compassion, forgiveness, trust, fairness, joy, peace...

Peace and Hearts,
Paula :wave:

PS LOOSH!!!!

sleepy
25th October 2012, 00:53
xxxxxx xxxxxx

Finefeather
25th October 2012, 10:30
I’ve spent several hours on your passage. It’s all color coded and font resized for emphasis. Then any questions I had were answered. Thank you. It’s all right there. But I did get a spin off question from a couple of your points:

Logic comes into play here too...because if you are wise your logic will tell you that love is the only way and competition is really not necessary.

If I understand this, while playing the game, I become aware of where and when ego comes out to play. It then fades. Unconditional love is center stage through wisdom gleaned by experience, knowledge, and good judgement.

So here’s the $64 concern. There aren’t many people that play the game with intent to grow/develop in unconditional love. And if one is naturally living in the heart and avoids conflict, (I agree) that makes for a hermit existence. Why? Because it’s just too exhausting. How does one live in the world? If humans are here to interact and learn from one another, how is that done?

As I write this I see that I’m speaking in black and white extremes. But, it’s been my experience that most people don’t care about the unconditional love journey. It just becomes a game of egos. And that’s ugly. And it’s hard to be unconditional love. It’s just not worth it and thus, here it’s goes again, hermit existence, but I’m in the world to learn from experiences... It just makes me dizzy.

With love,
Paula
Dear Paula
I have this spell checker which suggests words and when I did the spell check on this post it came up with a suggestion for WhiteCrowBlackDeer...it was "Electrocardiogram" :) a bit scary when we are actually discussing heart living :) I have 2 friends in Spirit who are hilarious most of the time and I would not put it past them to have 'arranged' this...the buggers...got to have a good heart to heart chat with them :)

I feel privileged that someone would spend hours on my comment...thank you :)

True unconditional love is actually quite rare. We talk about this state all the time as if it is just another thing we do or don't do...depending on the weather or how we feel on any particular day. The things we call love are far removed from the unconditional state which we are attempting to achieve. As you rightly say..."There aren’t many people that play the game with intent to grow/develop in unconditional love"...BUT this is the crux of the story...If we were to achieve this state of unconditional love our lives would be totally changed...no more jealousy, no more conflict etc because we would see everyone as we see ourself...and where or how should we be seeing ourself?...we should see ourselves as Spiritual beings with the right to do as we desire...free from intervention by anyone...including our wifes and husbands and lovers etc. BUT instead I see most people living their lives in a state of constantly having to account for their actions, and continually worrying about what someone else is going to say or do if they did something which someone else might not like...conditions, conditions, conditions.
Now of course there are 2 sides to this kind of living...one could be called reckless living and the other is called wise living...but true unconditional love starts with one person doing the right things to the person or persons they interact with...where we avoid unrealistic commitments and speak the truth. If 2 persons do this to each other we have the state of unconditional love. I know of many relationships which we call platonic where unconditional love is evident. There are no secrets kept and no harm done.

There is a saying..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

This is known as the Golden Law or Golden Rule and is a very old saying. It is mentioned in the bible and many expressions of it in various versions have existed in the classic literature of Greece and Rome, as well as in Islamic, Taoist, Sikh and other religious texts.

Well...when I first came across this I thought..."Oh Yeah! and what if the guy is a masochist"...you get very strange humans in the world. I know of people who love to cut themselves and inflict pain on themselves, and so on, and I definitely don't need one of them as a neighbor or a friend :) I was imagining pain parties where we all sit around and inflict pain on each other...and don't laugh, this happens :)

Then one day, (while sitting under a tree :)) I got it...I realized that this saying is actually quite an interesting dynamic...and I use the word dynamic purposely because one of the definitions for dynamic is:

Dynamic: An interactive system or process, especially one involving competing or conflicting forces
Now if we look at this in our daily lives...and really be honest and take note...we can see this working everywhere in our lives. Everyone is trying to get others to be just a little bit like them...well there are exceptions...but generally speaking. We somehow think we can make a person a little better...or worse :) if he/she just follows what we do. The dynamic here is the interactive part...we often think we are giving someone some great truth when in fact we are getting some great lesson from them. Somewhere inside our minds we pick up ways and ideas from each other...from this human interaction...and depending on the 'level' of interaction we slowly learn to act differently towards others...because we like what we hear and we like how it feels inside us...AND...the amazing thing about this process is that often 2 people are drawn apart rather than closer because the one does not like the way the other is portraying him/herself. Conflict of interest separates, but at the same time similar interests draw people closer together. We see this in the world all around us in crèches, schools, friends, family, business, politics and the 'dreaded' elite. We take sides depending on our own degree of understanding and our state of wisdom or some dark motive. This 'average' or 'normal' way of living within these groups, that we unconsciously or consciously form, conforms to this saying:"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". BUT...it is at a different 'level'...because the 'others' in this case are only the ones that we see eye to eye with, or see as fair game.

Unconditional Love encompasses 'others' as everyone...not just the few in your or 'our' group. We need to see the group as the entire human family as well as what is around us in nature...we need to expand and combine these little groups which are forming now in their millions. The world dynamic is at present in this state where people are fast seeking solutions by joining hands...rather than by going it alone.

As we walk closer and closer on the true path 2 things are going to happen:
First we are going to become more and more isolated...because we think we are growing apart from others as we get 'higher' or perceive some kind of necessary 'holiness' in ourself. We think that the others have not 'got it' yet...we think isolation is the name of the game because we surely can't be seen with those people who still live in the dark ages...ignorant masses :)
Then, when unconditional love and true enlightenment kicks in we are suddenly drawn to everyone especially the ones who talk the same 'language', so to speak, we become servers and we no longer see the need for secrets and separation...conflict becomes obsolete and we finally start seeing the joy in life. This is where true enlightenment is taking us to...to a state of brotherly love and this incidentally will be the means by which we lift the collective positive state of our consciousness...this period or age is the one we are moving into now...the probabilities and conditions are waiting and ready.

We are far too serious about life, and the reason is because we have been indoctrinated by ignorant people who see life as a big secret and so we need to obey those who hold the key to the mysteries...where in fact the only mystery is why we have not seen through all this false ideology yet.

Love to you and all
Ray

RunningDeer
25th October 2012, 15:06
Love to you and all
Ray

Hello there, Ray,

I feel privileged that someone would spend hours on my comment...thank you :)

I have a folder called, “FineFeather Ray”, which contains 13 documents. It would be more, but I’ve combined on-going conversations in one document. The lengthy one are color coded and font resized for emphasis. I really value and appreciate your opinions. AND like all of your post, this one is chock full of Ah-Ah opportunities.

I have this spell checker which suggests words and when I did the spell check on this post it came up with a suggestion for WhiteCrowBlackDeer...it was "Electrocardiogram" :) a bit scary when we are actually discussing heart living :) I have 2 friends in Spirit who are hilarious most of the time and I would not put it past them to have 'arranged' this...the buggers...got to have a good heart to heart chat with them :)

Please pass along a big Thanks! to your hilarious friends in the Spirit world. Oops, never mind. They got it even before I wrote it. This is how I got my name: WhiteCrowBlackDeer (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?48082-Have-you-experienced-a-miracle&p=532183&viewfull=1#post532183).

...If we were to achieve this state of unconditional love our lives would be totally changed...no more jealousy, no more conflict etc because we would see everyone as we see ourself...and where or how should we be seeing ourself?...we should see ourselves as Spiritual beings with the right to do as we desire...free from intervention by anyone...including our wifes and husbands and lovers etc. BUT instead I see most people living their lives in a state of constantly having to account for their actions, and continually worrying about what someone else is going to say or do if they did something which someone else might not like...conditions, conditions, conditions.

I’m not enlightened enough to have patience and tolerance for those who expect accountability, or projection of a personal attack on what’s shared, or conditions placed upon me. If they haven’t figured out that there are people that “do no harm,” I’ve gotta step away. It’s been my experience that people see unconditional love as a weakness and believe they can ‘prey’ on it.

I'm speaking to the extreme cases here. I do agree with unconditional love and just get out in the experiential world. Watch it blossom within and outwardly.

Now of course there are 2 sides to this kind of living...one could be called reckless living and the other is called wise living...but true unconditional love starts with one person doing the right things to the person or persons they interact with...where we avoid unrealistic commitments and speak the truth. If 2 persons do this to each other we have the state of unconditional love. I know of many relationships which we call platonic where unconditional love is evident. There are no secrets kept and no harm done.

I broke this off from the section above, but left it quoted because...well it just says it all.

Unconditional Love encompasses 'others' as everyone...not just the few in your or 'our' group. We need to see the group as the entire human family as well as what is around us in nature...we need to expand and combine these little groups which are forming now in their millions. The world dynamic is at present in this state where people are fast seeking solutions by joining hands...rather than by going it alone.

This one, too. I left it quoted...the more air time, the better.

As we walk closer and closer on the true path 2 things are going to happen:
First we are going to become more and more isolated...because we think we are growing apart from others as we get 'higher' or perceive some kind of necessary 'holiness' in ourself. We think that the others have not 'got it' yet...we think isolation is the name of the game because we surely can't be seen with those people who still live in the dark ages...ignorant masses :)

This is tricky business. It’s easier when they are kids or strangers. My greatest teachers were my students and their hormones.(other than my son) With a few, I had to make a conscious decision to begin with loving how their eyes smiled. It opened up a place in me and the other for greater connections. For others like siblings, there are moments where there are no eyes that smile.

Then, when unconditional love and true enlightenment kicks in we are suddenly drawn to everyone especially the ones who talk the same 'language', so to speak, we become servers and we no longer see the need for secrets and separation...conflict becomes obsolete and we finally start seeing the joy in life. This is where true enlightenment is taking us to...to a state of brotherly love and this incidentally will be the means by which we lift the collective positive state of our consciousness...this period or age is the one we are moving into now...the probabilities and conditions are waiting and ready.

This is the reason why I’m here, and why I’ve decided to stick around. I haven’t figured out if I’m stuck in neutral or I’m learning the art of patience, all while I continue to rid illusionary fears.

Some recaps, newly applied knowledge, and closing points:

Likeness bring others together, differences over time create distance. But those with unconditional love, it does not matter about the characteristics of the other. It’s the ability to go beyond the mask. This has been incremental for me. Two steps forward, one step back. Now I can see that it’s nothing personal. It’s not about me, it’s them. Unless they are trying to change me. Change mean control. I get to building boundaries and I’m far, far away from unconditional love... Phew 3D experiential is a hoot... And I am a work in progress.

Here I go again with the thank you, thank you, thank you, Ray!

Love to you,
Paula