PDA

View Full Version : The Mayans Called.. They want their 12.21.12 Back..

SEAM
25th October 2012, 12:20
Mayans demand an end to 2012 doomsday myth...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/24/mayan-demand-an-end-to-2012-doomsday-myth/

RMorgan
25th October 2012, 12:48
Hey folks,

Does any of you know who was the first person to preach this "2012 end of the world" thing?

Itīs not an easy job, but it would be nice to do some detailed investigation about it.

Was it Carl Calleman (http://www.calleman.com/)?

Cheers,

Raf.

PS: By the way, Dr. Calleman uses the same slogan as Project Avalon in his website "Where science and spirituality meet".

Robert J. Niewiadomski
25th October 2012, 13:05
I have heard of 2012.12.21 through the story on Patrick Geryll and His Orion Prophecy run by one of the Polish "out-there" media first... Then i have studied his webpage: http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm_night/home.htm.

I have not read his book...

When i was in primary school our Polish class teacher read one of the Nostradamus prohecies to us ;). No kidding ;). I remember it was something akin to Apocalypse or 2012.12.21 pole reversal that was intended to happen around 2000-2015... After that class i remember i begin to not plan my life very far into the future ;) But it was not making me feel depressed :) And i still live with the constant feeling that the end is nigh :p

Operator
25th October 2012, 14:53

I think Carl Calleman was more into the spiritual development of mankind coming to completion. And he had
another date (october last year). This also could lead to ending society as we know it of course ... :p

If you look for connections you will probably find that somehow Nibiru/Planet X/etc. got connected with that date.

A few days back a thought popped up in my mind: What if we are just 'complete' in time to handle such an event
coming into our timeline? It underlines what the Hopi say: "We are the ones we're waiting for".

DeDukshyn
25th October 2012, 15:34
Dates are so useless. Time isn't even linear so that makes dates even more useless.

2012 is a loose indicator for the changing from one astrological age to the next. That's it. Although in reality that may (and has been predicted / prophesied) bring significant change if current environment on earth is any indicator.

I read somewhere that the actual marker for this shift to Aquarius from its original placement doesn't happen for 17 more years.

conk
25th October 2012, 16:04
So, it's just coincidence that the wave of energy Pane Andov speaks of hits around this time?

I predict 2013 will be prosperous and joyful for all of us here! That is my intention. Join me?

Fred Steeves
25th October 2012, 16:12
Mayans demand an end to 2012 doomsday myth...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/24/mayan-demand-an-end-to-2012-doomsday-myth/

Well good for them SEAM, it's always heartening to see people standing up for themselves. We ARE at a critical point in a grand cycle, but just like everything else in this bizarre realm we find ourselves, the meaning behind that grand cycle has been subverted, and corrupted. There IS something going on, and we very well may be on the cusp of another doomsday, but when all the world's stimuli is demanding of us to look outward for the answers, this is the key indicator to do the exact opposite. To stop ourselves cold, and look inward.

Probably 3/4 of everything talked about here on Avalon, like doomsday scenarios for instance, are total nonsense, and no different than picking up that People magazine at the check out counter. It's that left over 1/4 however, maybe even a lot smaller than that, that is there patiently waiting to be mined, for any given individual who thinks they may want to begin an exit from The Game, The Matrix.

Thanks SEAM,
Fred

POST EDIT: It would greatly surprise me if the current Myan Elders disagreed with this statement.

DeDukshyn
25th October 2012, 17:02
So, it's just coincidence that the wave of energy Pane Andov speaks of hits around this time?

I predict 2013 will be prosperous and joyful for all of us here! That is my intention. Join me?

There's a lot of "coincidences" happening in regards to these times, that clearly aren't coincidences. However, as Fred wisely stated above, there is so much drama around the topic that the truly valueable parts can't be seen for the distractions.

Fred Steeves
25th October 2012, 17:13
there is so much drama around the topic that the truly valueable parts can't be seen for the distractions.

Except that they can. We're surrounded with what's true, if we only dare start being honest enough with ourselves to see. Like Bob Dylan says: "The answer in blowin in the wind".

Cheers,
Fred

DeDukshyn
25th October 2012, 17:16
there is so much drama around the topic that the truly valueable parts can't be seen for the distractions.

Except that they can. We're surrounded with what's true, if we only dare start being honest enough with ourselves to see. Like Bob Dylan says: "The answer in blowin in the wind".

Cheers,
Fred

Well, of course you are right and I was being "dramatic" -- lol; they can easily be seen, the problem is our addiction to drama ;) ;)

ghostrider
25th October 2012, 17:50
There was a documentary posted that was from the 70's with spock narrating speaking the end of the myan calander on oct 24, 2012. I watched it here at avalon, so at least since the 1970's someone's been passing around the fear punch. so according to that documentary the world ended yesterday. lol.

Bill Ryan
25th October 2012, 17:51

It doesn't... he's merely anticipating it.

avid
25th October 2012, 18:05
Go about your days, with your family and friends, as usual. Fear makes us ill/negative. Do normal rituals, wrap the kids' presents, prepare for a festive meal. Enjoy the love of doing this, and if universe affects parts of our planet negatively - we always rise to the challenge to help - wherever it is. Our glasses should always be half-full as we kick against the 'pricks' :-)

Ontarioguy
25th October 2012, 18:36
This Mayan prediction business has been goin on for quite some time obviously....as can be witnessed in the clip here from 1973 by Rod Sterling, and 1978 by Leonard Nemoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2l62RKo1c

One wonders... just WHO are these "new men of knowledge" who will leading the people to a world govt. ????

DeDukshyn
25th October 2012, 19:23
This Mayan prediction business has been goin on for quite some time obviously....as can be witnessed in the clip here from 1973 by Rod Sterling, and 1978 by Leonard Nemoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2l62RKo1c

One wonders... just WHO are these "new men of knowledge" who will leading the people to a world govt. ????

I'm sure it all started when the mayan calendar was figured out, it somehow lined up with ancient astrology (not astronomy), went a million years back, but had what was interpreted as an "ending" at 2012. I think the key to it becoming a "doomsday" prediction is in the interpretation of an "ending" -- without that, there is no doom, just a really interesting and mysterious calendar.

Add one of many interpretations of the end of the calendar, hype with emotional charge, mix into emotionally unstable masses, bake at 2012 degrees and viola! Doomsday!!! ;)

Wind
25th October 2012, 19:57
It's not the end...

DeDukshyn
25th October 2012, 20:42
Time to put an end to the end ...

donk
25th October 2012, 20:55
There was a documentary posted that was from the 70's with spock narrating speaking the end of the myan calander on oct 24, 2012. I watched it here at avalon, so at least since the 1970's someone's been passing around the fear punch. so according to that documentary the world ended yesterday. lol.

Interesting...my reality dramatically changed yesterday. Ending a fragment of my reality, the end of one slice of my world as I know it. Could have been devestating, had I not been "true to myself". Might have been a chance of ascension, had I been further along in my personal growth. As it were, things are just significantly different--tough to judge qualitatively.

This is probably true of hundreds if not thousands (or more) of individuals. And probably the same thing happened to a bunch of people today. Then tomorrow...

Not sure if it means anything, I just felt compelled to write this upon reading the above.

Maunagarjana
25th October 2012, 21:40
Hey folks,

Does any of you know who was the first person to preach this "2012 end of the world" thing?

Itīs not an easy job, but it would be nice to do some detailed investigation about it.

Cheers,

Raf.

PS: By the way, Dr. Calleman uses the same slogan as Project Avalon in his website "Where science and spirituality meet".

IIRC, it was Jose Arguelles who first highlighted this date and the Mayan calendar as being significant. And I think Terence McKenna came up with a similar date through trying to unravel the mysteries of the I-Ching and hitched his wagon to that date via Arguelles. My interpretation of what both of these guys were saying is not that it would be the "end of the world" or "doomsday" or whatever.

TigaHawk
25th October 2012, 22:15
It is the end.... of an era!

And the Dawning of a new one!

FEAR THE CHANGE!! :D

gripreaper
26th October 2012, 01:45
Hey folks, Do any of you know who was the first person to preach this "2012 end of the world" thing? Was it Carl Calleman (http://www.calleman.com/)?
Cheers, Raf.

IIRC, it was Jose Arguelles who first highlighted this date and the Mayan calendar as being significant. And I think Terence McKenna came up with a similar date through trying to unravel the mysteries of the I-Ching and hitched his wagon to that date via Arguelles. My interpretation of what both of these guys were saying is not that it would be the "end of the world" or "doomsday" or whatever.

I think you are right. It was Arguelles and then McKenna, and then all hell broke loose.

Be that as it may, evolution and change are inherent in this quadrant of the cosmos, and cycles upon cycles bring new awakenings and higher consciousness. But it took 16.4 billion years for the cycles which Carl Calleman highlighted, and what is occurring now is a major convergence of these cycles, such as rarely happens but once in 26,000 years.

Ian Lungold did an excellent job detailing these cycles by the way, if you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.

Furthermore, why wouldn't a bunch of entrepreneurs jump on this bandwagon and try to make a buck off it? Of course they would, but just because cycles and changing seasons bring death to the old paradigms and structures, in order to make room for the new, does not mean that humanity will become extinct or that the transition has to be catastrophic.

But change we will, usually unwillingly. Anything which shakes up the comfortable status quo will be challenged.