PDA

View Full Version : The Church of Scientology, a heart of Darkness

mahalall
29th October 2012, 10:44
Recent visions have resulted in seeing senior members of organisations being involved in child abuse.

How far does the cruel web spread and what shall be done to heal this state?

McHfS_gyZ-0
"Definitely the best one hour sypnosis of the children trafficking, the involvement of the psychopaths in power and the role of the church of Scientology. So clear, succinct and easy to understand, corresponding to what I had read scattered everywhere.
This video should be part of a thread by itself and discussion on the linkings of organisations and people discussed. imo" flash

Flash
29th October 2012, 11:22
the first thing that shall be done is surely getting informed. If we are not informed, nothing will be done. PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

The second thing that can be done is denouncing every situation when we are aware of it, the neighbour who beat his kids, the guy at the parc hugging children and them trying to escape (sign that it is not desired), the drug addict whos daughter comes to you to tell you how many men are in the house each night, her fright, etc.

Being very vocal when denouncing (denouncing to neighbors as well, to child protection in Canada (not in UK-too corrupted), etc. and telling that you are watching and will demand for news of the child and will follow the child to make sure she/he is alright in the years to come - so that the child does not disappear.

Helping organisation that are trying to recover lost children, always being very vocal yet with a good temper as not to put anyone against you, you need their help.

Watching your own children and caring for them at all time, even when there is problems at home.

mahalall
29th October 2012, 13:08
"the first thing that shall be done is surely getting informed" Flash

Should this include informing those who might be tempted by such black serpents, to establish within their perception the consequences of such actions; what effect will it have on the environment, the community, their family, but more particularly their soul!

AriG
29th October 2012, 13:09
I know very little about Scientology. I read 'Dianetics' at the behest of an employer many years ago (in 1987), who terminated my employment when I chose not to join. At the time, I was an optimistic, wide eyed nineteen year old who saw the world as hopeful (probably due to the lack of shared knowledge via the net , possibly an altogether different thread). At the time, I found the auditing process akin to two children playing phone company with tin cans and was completely unsettled by the mind probing possibilities. Now in my forties, I see some potential value in the process as a means of purging energies that might block us.
I have not investigated joining and have no desire. Their practice of elevating the "rich and famous" by providing them their own church contradicts their message, money grubbing, etc. etc. I guess my question is this - what is the value in Scientology in that it draws in so many? Like all other religions, it appears to have a very dark side, but is Scientology in itself purely an evil institution supported by evil people?

AriG
29th October 2012, 13:16
The second thing that can be done is denouncing every situation when we are aware of it, the neighbour who beat his kids, the guy at the parc hugging children and them trying to escape (sign that it is not desired), the drug addict whos daughter comes to you to tell you how many men are in the house each night, her fright, etc.

Being very vocal when denouncing (denouncing to neighbors as well, to child protection in Canada (not in UK-too corrupted), etc. and telling that you are watching and will demand for news of the child and will follow the child to make sure she/he is alright in the years to come - so that the child does not disappear.

Helping organisation that are trying to recover lost children, always being very vocal yet with a good temper as not to put anyone against you, you need their help.

Watching your own children and caring for them at all time, even when there is problems at home.

You are so correct Flash. The only thing I would consider carefully is to not facilitate a " Hitler Youth " environment by being very careful when pointing fingers and not isolating every Boo Radley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird)or even worse, Tom Robinson , who doesn't fit the norm.

donk
29th October 2012, 15:16
Scientology is fascinating, on many levels:

The ideas of L Ron, the "religion itself", has it's "truths" and good ideas, just as every other religion that endures longer than a couple minutes. Removing thetans (baggage/thought forms/demons/unhealed trauma) to empower yourself. A version of the ancient alien theory, focus on consciousness, etc.

The cult aspect of it, how it was hijacked/marketed into a method of enslavement of the vulnerable while enriching the manipulators, complete with all the abuse, isolation, weird practices, and that wonderful "pyramidal" social structure we "civilized" humans tend to see as inevitable--where the celebs (that can spread it) get the good stuff while the hurting souls looking for answers toil for $$ to buy-in to the next level.

I was really into reading up on those aspects, (you can find great accounts of recovered/saved ex-scientologists all over the web, the books are all available somewheres these for less than what you had to back in it's heyday)...but the real interesting stuff I found relatively recently--the history of it. The connection to Alestair Crowley & Jack Parsons, and L Ron's bio is nearly as wild as the Xenu story.

donk
29th October 2012, 15:30
I was looking for just the South Park clip, which is pretty good--they poke fun, but if you ever see the "OT3 teaching" or whatever they call the ultimate final truth/teaching that you spend your life working up to being able to handle, it is a handwritten page with the stuff that the cartoon says as well as L Ron's words:

T7EEOMbBIO8

AriG
29th October 2012, 16:26
I've been working away at actual work today :) while playing the movie 'Lunopolis' as this thread reminded me that I wanted to watch that again, during the day when I wasn't sleepy. Many parallels there. Donk, you bring up some very valid points about the pyramidal structure and the assumption that Scientology's initiates " can't handle the truth ". My partners and I almost made that same mistake with my entry here into PA. We didn't feel that the members "couldn't handle it", but we did feel that it would be better to have buy in before everything was disclosed. That really backfired and taught some invaluable truths. PA members are infinitely more sophisticated and knowledgeable that the populace at large, but perhaps we were projecting our initial reactions onto others ( in other words, we were completely taken aback, freaked out, angry, etc. etc) sorry, back to topic:

It would seem that Scientology would be a lot more palatable if it weren't so secretive and if it weren't so money hungry. The child abuse is horrific. I couldn't imagine any competent parent allowing their child into Scientology or any other religion prior to the age of consent. I don't know if I am more offended by the sexual abuse or by the psychological abuse inflicted upon these youngsters.

AriG
29th October 2012, 16:33
I was looking for just the South Park clip, which is pretty good--they poke fun, but if you ever see the "OT3 teaching" or whatever they call the ultimate final truth/teaching that you spend your life working up to being able to handle, it is a handwritten page with the stuff that the cartoon says as well as L Ron's words:

Certainly Hubbard must have been speaking metaphorically in some of his references (as does the majority of the bible). It doesn't sound any more implausible than the bible to be honest. The implants aren't really science fiction are they? Not defending Scientology. Just trying to maintain an open mind.

Carmody
29th October 2012, 16:34
the first thing that shall be done is surely getting informed. If we are not informed, nothing will be done. PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

Helping organizations that are trying to recover lost children, always being very vocal yet with a good temper as not to put anyone against you, you need their help.

One time, I drove my car right into a crowd of footballers who where beating a man whom was of 'different persuasion'.

They all threatened me.

then I pointed individually at all of them, and said 'I see you, I see you, I see you..."

and they threatened me some more, to pull me out of the car. I had my seat-belt on and the door locked.

"TRY ME".... I said, revving the engine, with the car in gear....."I might get a few of you".

The man whom was being attacked and beaten (and was on the ground at the time) managed to get away at that moment, so that was enough, and it ended there. Until the court case, of course...

(I'm not a very big person, physically, as well) (nor am I aggressive or of a type to ever be in a fight)

Not exactly the same as the thread intended..but my point is...would folks PLEASE learn to walk the talk?

Get it done. Thank you.

mahalall
29th October 2012, 17:06
This thread is not intended to invalidate the theory of the church, for no doubt many have gained benefit.

The concern is when you have organisations that operate in secrecy and have a lack of open transparency they seem to either have something to hide and or are vulnerable to accusations.
Open and honest dialogue, communicating with the wider populace, establishing what has been a problem if abuse-child has occurred, inviting suggestions with a plan on how to address the issues. Having open access to investigate rumours.
It is interesting to note how the Zen community in America are dealing with cases of abuse.
4YxljgCxeFs

Hervé
29th October 2012, 17:50
The troubles corporate $cientology is currently swamped with started as soon as the Dianetics book was published because, with that book, people were/are able to undo the mind control implants laid in by the CIA and the psychiatric institutions.

In actual fact, Ron Hubbard was the first whistleblower to publish mind control procedures used by "intelligence agencies."

Hence, with the only widely published method of freeing beings, the troubles started and Dianetics and Scientology fell to the relentless attacks and covert operations launched by said agencies and institutions since such a tool/method can be used, as with any tool, either to help free people or to enslave them.

See:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?46927-Rupert-Murdoch-Tweets-Scientologists-are-CREEPY-maybe-even-EVIL-..-&p=516643&viewfull=1#post516643

For a balanced view on the whole mess see this blog: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

delfine
29th October 2012, 19:45
Good video OP. Hope it gets a large audience.

Flash
29th October 2012, 23:05
I did walk the talk quite a few times in my life

At 18: managed to feed and get free medecine for starving children from poor families in El Salvador while I was there (5 months). I would always get some food for the children who were following me all over, one of them being a little 4 years old as blond as I was whom I was calling my gringita. They were from poor analphabet parents and starving. A Salvadorian doctor was flirting me. I was not interested but managed to get free consultation and free medecine for the children. Before I left, the gringita parents offered their daughter to me to bring her back to Canada, out of love for her, they knew she would be better off with a gringa in Canada. It broke my heart, I could not bring her back.

In my twenties, I declared a new born baby (3 months old) that was starving in Quebec. The mom would not feed the baby for his needs and the baby was only bones, with high fever, dying. Some people were around but nobody would do anything because they were caught in some religious beliefs stuff that dummed them down. The worst part was that the child protection agency would not take my declaration and i had to menace them with lawsuit would the baby die, their reason: I was not living in the city where the baby lived, therefore under another jurisdiction. The baby was saved in extremis and stayed 3 weeks in hospital.

In my twenties again when living and working in Mexico I would feed the children living on the beach (they would not beg for money but for food), teach them writing in the sand, just give them love. Those children were most probably the prey of countless pedophiles but in Mexico, there is not much one can do about this except genuinely loving the kids (going for the police meant I would have gotten the taste of their little lifes from the policeman themselves, I was always at risk).

I also fought to get two children from a foreign friend in Canada. Her country was at war, the children had witness murder of family in their home and were starving. They would have gotten the immigration one day, but the paper work and trail was so long and the bureaucrats so slow that they were going to die before getting here. So I helped getting them at the airport with a lawyer I had hired. I am still friend with the whole family and they tell the story to their children now.

In my early thirties calling the police on someone I knew when I saw his compostite picture in the newspaper, he was a serial rapist raping teenager girls. I could not have lived with myself if he would have raped again a teenager because i did not call.

Having a little autistic guy coming to my home after school, sharing my daughter sitter, because his single mother was caught up with work and nobody wanted him.

Helping a little neighbor whose mother is a drug addict by taking her home some nights, listening, and finally getting her to her auntie to be kept there. The last stretch was through child protection because the little girl house was always filled with drug addicts and from what she told me, were "trying" to rape her as she said to me and how afraid she was (I am sure that she went through more than trying, but she did not want to tell me).

Helping my lost teenage niece by giving her a nannie's job I did not need.

Always with love and yet, direct talk because I do not stand for bullying from kids either.

And countless other times with all kind of kids and situations and parents (and this is not my real career by the way, I do other things for a living).

Helping teenagers now that have all kind of low self esteem because most are intelligent yet learning disabled (my daughter's friends). Helping my own of course.

Name it, I do walk the talk. Within my own means. If everybody, everywhere, was doing just what I did, not much more, the planet would already be different. To me, children are precious and to be protected.

Just do it, when a child is in trouble, just help, just do it.

deridan
30th October 2012, 04:39
mahallal, although i hate to spoil my silence,
lets say that all organizations are such,
any sphere or bubble isolated from the outside,,,,,and what is it that drove them from the outside in the first place,...well, the outside!
there should be perhaps an interopenness in how we address the outside,
that individuals have to make such efforts.....[.flash.], i always asked myself, why not organizations or a whole,...
some of these are really based on inadequacies in the outside, stimulated and exploited by the superorganizations...the govs

throwing dust into the hurricane....may it sting harder this wind!, thats all i can do, the wind moves on its own now, lets hope to see transformations....let people manage there own space, and extend that space into the wider spheres [as has been demonstrated}

Hervé
30th October 2012, 15:52
From the Mark Rathbun site (http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/do-not-support-an-evil-government/):

Do Not Support An Evil Government (http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/do-not-support-an-evil-government/)

Posted on October 30, 2012 (http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/do-not-support-an-evil-government/) by martyrathbun09 (http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/author/martyrathbun09/)

Excerpt from Chapter nine of The Scientology Reformation: What Every Scientologist Should Know: (http://www.amazon.com/Scientology-Reformation-Mark-Marty-Rathbun/dp/1479277266)

The Reformation

Reformation ends not in contemplation, but in action.
- George Gillespie

According to L. Ron Hubbard:

"Unscrupulous and evil men and groups can usurp the power of government and use it to their own ends. Government organized and conducted solely for self-interested individuals and groups gives society a short life span. This imperils the survival of everyone in the land; it even imperils those who attempt it. History is full of such governmental deaths. Opposition to such governments usually just brings on more violence.

"But one can raise his voice in caution when such abuses are abroad. And one need not actively support such a government; doing nothing illegal, it is yet possible, by simply withdrawing one’s cooperation, to bring about an eventual reform. Even as this is being written, there are several governments in the world that are failing only because their people express their silent disagreement by simply not cooperating. These governments are at risk: any untimely wind of mischance could blow them over."

LRH’s words reflect the philosophy of Henry David Thoreau, spelled out a little more than one hundred years earlier in his seminal essay, Civil Disobedience:

"It is not a man’s duty as a matter of course, to devote himself to the eradications of any, even the most enormous wrong; he may still properly have other concerns to engage him; but it is his duty, at least, to wash his hands of it, and, if he gives it no thought longer, not to give it practically his support. If I devote myself to other pursuits and contemplations, I must first see, at least, that I do not pursue them sitting upon another man’s shoulders. I must get off him first, that he may pursue his contemplations too."

Sixty years ago Dr. Martin Luther King described the essence of how he helped stem a centuries-old, nationwide pattern of abuse, expanding on Thoreau’s message in Stride toward Freedom:

"Something began to say to me, ‘He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.’ When oppressed people willingly accept their oppression they only serve to give the oppressor a convenient justification for his acts. Often the oppressor goes along unaware of the evil involved in his oppression so long as the oppressed accepts it. So in order to be true to one’s conscience and true to God, a righteous man has no alternative but to refuse to cooperate with an evil system. This I felt was the nature of our action. From this moment on I conceived of our movement as an act of massive non-cooperation."

[...]

Full article: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/do-not-support-an-evil-government/

rich3800
30th October 2012, 23:13
I read about the history of scientology and how it started and eventually got infiltrated by the government to ruin it. So sad how it ended.

rich3800
30th October 2012, 23:14
The latest books' power got diluted. If you want the real Dianetics power, read the early versions.

mahalall
30th October 2012, 23:57
Without the continuing, active support of Scientologists, Miscavige would be powerless to perpetuate his abuses.
David Miscavige himself is acutely aware of the power that each and every Scientologist wields over him (i)

To overcome evil forces within the temple one has to examine how you treat the child.

To understand this one has to bear in mind the need to extend particular care to the child as has been stated in the Geneva Declaration of the Rights of the Child of 1924 and in the Declaration of the Rights of the Child adopted by the General Assembly on 20 November 1959 and recognized in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (in particular in articles 23 and 24), in the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (in particular in article 10) and in the statutes and relevant instruments of specialized agencies and international organizations concerned with the welfare of children (ii)

(i) http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...il-government/

(ii) http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/crc.htm

bram
31st October 2012, 01:49
Great thread, keep up the good work!
Love, Anonymous.

Bill Ryan
31st October 2012, 01:51
-------

Highly recommended reading:

http://projectcamelot.org/dane_tops.html

Isserley
2nd November 2012, 20:28
-------

As Mark Phillips once explained to Cathy O'Brien:

Good always prevails through positive application, whereas the bad guys are hindered and slowed in their criminal endeavours through having to cover-up their negative actions with lies to support lies. This inevitably allows the truth to emerge.

seko
2nd November 2012, 23:24
-------

Excellent reading, much appreciated.