PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy

Fred Steeves
1st November 2012, 20:40
A few weeks back, my wife and I stumbled across this movie called "Idiocracy". After just a little while of watching it, it became very evident that this is one of those films that is basically shoving in our faces what has already been done, and what still is being done to us, by telling a little story. It was rather entertaining, like a combination of Orwell's "1984", and "Beavis and Butthead". Ever since then, whenever I see the media and political clowns on t.v. being worshipped as brilliant minds that we should follow, I think damn, we are truly living in the future land of "Idiocracy". Here's the trailer:

BBvIweCIgwk

So anyway, what inspired me to bring that up, was hearing about this new moveon.org ad on Alex Jones today. At first watch I thought it was a just a cute little spoof ad with potty mouther seniors, but if you follow the link at the end, you are invited to join forces with your local branch of moveon.org. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/doh.gif

So then realizing it was actually a serious ad, I watched it again with different eyes. And what do you think came to mind this viewing? You guessed it, "Idiocracy". Are "we" really getting this dumbed down? Really???(LOL)

nIecRcfQKI4

crosby
1st November 2012, 20:58
i saw this movie quite a while back and all i can say is that it is a fair representation of how i see the world. too many chiefs, not enough indians, and a whole lotta b.s. thanks Fred.
warmest, corson

Flash
1st November 2012, 21:04
I truly enjoyed that movie a while ago, I thought is was quite near reality (sadly)

PurpleLama
1st November 2012, 21:16
Do you even know what electrolytes are?!

GCS1103
1st November 2012, 21:34
You're so right, Fred, about the movie. As to George Soros, his mouthpiece Michael Moore, and his moveon.org group - I think these ads are outrageous, vile and utterly contemptible. I'm finding it hard to believe that the "creators" of these ads thought they would actually influence anyone's vote. Just like you, I thought they were some kind of a joke. It's more insulting that they're for real.

Chris Gilbert
1st November 2012, 21:42
Idiocracy is one of my all time favorite movies. :)

It'd quite depressing to see so much in real life that reminds me of the film. When visiting the supermarket at the small town where I grew up, I see many families whose interactions and mindset is simply not conductive to a better world, and they pass it on to their kids. Some of those kids may grow up to change their mindset...but many wont. That kind of cultural miasma is more significant than genetic IQ even.

T Smith
1st November 2012, 22:47
nIecRcfQKI4

Is this ad for real? If so, wow. Just wow.

Idiocracy is a classic. And also prophetic. It is one of those movies I like to watch again and again, both laughing and crying. This movie is gallows humor at its best.

The only issue I take with this movie is the premise of why we as a species are moving in this direction. It subtly advances a Malthusian/eugenic argument (see the first five minutes of the movie). To the filmmakers: no, we don't need to sterilize certain people of the population or control or forbid breeding, or even more sinister, liquidate those with low IQs... we need to eliminate fluoride from the diet, aspartame, GMOs, vaccinations, processed foods, and a whole host of neurotoxins in our food, water, and air. We need to take our education back from the elitist authorities whose deliberately-dumbing down objective is to create a subservient class of operant-conditioned, and trained animals.

DeBron
2nd November 2012, 15:08
But Gatorade has electrolytes!!!!!!!!

That movie was hilarious. ........ and sad.

jimmer
2nd November 2012, 18:41
Idiocracy is the most blackest of black comedies from mike judge, creator of beavis and butthead, office space.
when the distributor (fox) got a gander, they shut down production (some cgi was never completed),
rushed into theaters and then dumped it into dvd.

the first half hour is pure genius.
the first 5 minutes is sad, but true.