PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Disaster; Is NYC a tinderbox about to ignite?

SilentFeathers
2nd November 2012, 20:39
It really wouldn't surprise me if we don't soon see some very extreme and possible violent behavior in New York City concerning some of these desperate and angry people needing help and not getting any.

Now headlines are claiming they're kicking people that lost their homes out of hotels so marathon runners and tourists have a place to stay!

Gas lines miles long at the few gas stations that actually have power and fights breaking out at them.

Many people without food and clean water.....winter is fastly approaching and many all they have is the shirts on their backs and that is all, except perhaps a blanket!

etc etc etc.....

Here are just a few headlines from the Drudge Report today, things do not look very positive at all is several places....many in my opinion are about to hit their breaking point!

Drivers Waiting 6 Hours For Gas in NYC...
Tempers Rise in Wake of Storm...
'Finding bodies left and right'...
'They forgot about us'...
CHUCK SCHUMER CONFRONTED: 'We Are Gonna Die!'
CUOMO: 'No reason to panic'...
Utility workers pelted with eggs...
Misery...
Mile-long lines, price hits $6...
Residents Furious RED CROSS Offering Cookies & Hot Chocolate, Not Blankets Or Clothes...
Two massive generators power NY media, not masses...
Staten Islanders Plead for Help: 'We Need Food'...
'Please don't leave us'...
VIDEO: Stranded New Yorkers Defecating in Apartment Buildings...
DIRE...

Bloomberg Diverts Critical Supplies from Sandy Aid to NYC Marathon...

White House silent...

SLAMMED...

Stranded NYers face getting booted from hotel rooms to make room for marathoners...

Personally I have a really bad feeling about this situation, I think the fuse has been lit and that the fuse is not very long in length.....

WhiteFeather
2nd November 2012, 20:50
Some of us are maintaining our spiritual composure with keeping it calm here. What you have posted above is quite true. But We shall overcome, Im sure. New Yorkers have been in this situation prior, and eventually we pull ourselves together. What doesn't kill us makes us a little stronger.

For All is Well, Wishing Peace In The East ~W.f.~

SilentFeathers
2nd November 2012, 21:09
I hope for the best and hope those affected overcome, but I am concerned at the same time too....there is almost too much going on right now that has energies, emotions, tempers, etc on edge right now that in my opinion have way too many people REALLY on edge so to speak.

Besides that, I feel Katrina and even 911 is still very fresh in peoples minds right now, not to mention the economy and several other things have many many people on edge also.

This could easily explode in to a catastrophe worse than 911 in a sense if people totally come unglued and cause a type of violent domino effect.

Fred touched on something related in the thread "beyond the storm" that I feel has something to do with what I am feeling too....I tend to trust my intuition and I've got a really bad feeling about this.

This scenario has a huge potential to intensify and blow up so to speak, I surely hope not though.....something just feels VERY "unstable" right now to me concerning this matter....I'm not liking the feeling I am having about this.

WhiteFeather
2nd November 2012, 21:50
Just earlier today they are asking for any retired NYPD officers to work this detail. I just may consider it, If i do ill take a few photos to share with the forum, im sure we will all get a kick out of it.

SilentFeathers
2nd November 2012, 22:01
I just seen that Bloomberg did cancel the Marathon finally:

NYC Marathon Won't Be Held Sunday: Mayor
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Marathon-Post-Storm-Resources-Mayor-Bloomberg-Defends-Decision-177019721.html?dr

Added: Bloomberg probably made this decision while sitting in his warm multi-million dollar mansion while eating a 400.00 dollar meal and drinking a 32oz soda pop!

Fred Steeves
2nd November 2012, 22:28
I tend to trust my intuition and I've got a really bad feeling about this.

I do too SilentFeathers, it's virtually impossible not to be carrying a heavy heart through this. This is why it's so important for us to know ourselves, to have our grounding when things start getting freaky.

Hey WhiteFeather. If you wind up going back for temporary duty, watch your 6 bro, and trust those instincts like never before. It's also good to know that "To Serve And Protect" would be very well represented through you.

Cheers,
Fred

Selene
2nd November 2012, 22:45
Yanno, crisis reveals character – it doesn’t cause it. New Yorkers are going to be New Yorkers, and the way they’ll respond under pressure as a community has been built into their community psychology for a long time.

Sure, some will be vocal complainers for whom nothing is ever good enough. And maybe I’d howl in frustration too if I were suddenly cold, hungry and homeless.

But many more will be silent heroes, quietly connecting people in their neighborhoods and communities, getting the job done.

New Yorkers all share a kind of “I’m-tough-enuf-to-live-here” gutsiness. And hopefully, that enduring spirit will see them through even this. They’ll go on to share Sandy horror stories and play “top this!” over a hot meal for years to come – and well earned it will be, too.

Cheers,

Selene

WhiteFeather
2nd November 2012, 23:11
Yanno, crisis reveals character – it doesn’t cause it. New Yorkers are going to be New Yorkers, and the way they’ll respond under pressure as a community has been built into their community psychology for a long time.

Sure, some will be vocal complainers for whom nothing is ever good enough. And maybe I’d howl in frustration too if I were suddenly cold, hungry and homeless.

But many more will be silent heroes, quietly connecting people in their neighborhoods and communities, getting the job done.

New Yorkers all share a kind of “I’m-tough-enuf-to-live-here” gutsiness. And hopefully, that enduring spirit will see them through even this. They’ll go on to share Sandy horror stories and play “top this!” over a hot meal for years to come – and well earned it will be, too.

Cheers,

Selene

Beautifully Said Selene, and im sure that this will be the scenario you speak of. Much Thanks!

SilentFeathers
2nd November 2012, 23:12
Yanno, crisis reveals character – it doesn’t cause it.

No disrespect, but I disagree...,

I firmly believe extreme crisis and or catastrophes when extreme circumstances exist has the very likely ability to actually "cause" a persons character to change..(or even to expose ones true colors)..especially when little hope is on the horizon and big time survival mode is the theme of the day....

I don't see this in NYC right now for the majority of those affected as many do see things are not totally "hopeless".....but I do sense an energy that is very much teetering back and forth right now between these extremes.

WhiteFeather
2nd November 2012, 23:14

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Marathon-Post-Storm-Resources-Mayor-Bloomberg-Defends-Decision-177019721.html?dr

Added: Bloomberg probably made this decision while sitting in his warm multi-million dollar mansion while eating a 400.00 dollar meal and drinking a 32oz soda pop!

LMAO, And he can have as many sodie pop beverages he chooses, as he is the mayor you know. Cheers!

jagman
2nd November 2012, 23:16
The people of NY and especially Staten Island are really hurting. I have been reading reports of people dumpster diving for food, Waiting for hours for gas
so they can heat their homes. Some people dont even have homes to return too.
All of this really put things in perspective for me. I'm hoping and praying and sending all my positive energy and love to all those who were effected.

GCS1103
2nd November 2012, 23:18

You've got that right, SilentFeathers. When you're a billionaire, it appears that it's very hard to empathize with the average person. Bloomberg was insisting that the marathon take place, despite the misery and loss by so many people. He commandeered 3 huge generators to be used by the press for this event. Each one of these generators would have enough power to bring electric to 300 - 400 homes in Staten Island. That would be 900-1200 families that would get heat and light. It was only because of extreme pressure and bad press that he decided to cancel the marathon. He was also putting a lot of police presence at the marathon, knowing that they are needed elsewhere. (There's some looting and fighting going on in N.Y.)

SilentFeathers
2nd November 2012, 23:27

You've got that right, SilentFeathers. When you're a billionaire, it appears that it's very hard to empathize with the average person. Bloomberg was insisting that the marathon take place, despite the misery and loss by so many people. He commandeered 3 huge generators to be used by the press for this event. Each one of these generators would have enough power to bring electric to 300 - 400 homes in Staten Island. That would be 900-1200 families that would get heat and light. It was only because of extreme pressure and bad press that he decided to cancel the marathon. He was also putting a lot of police presence at the marathon, knowing that they are needed elsewhere. (There's some looting and fighting going on in N.Y.)

It was a no brainer for me to cancel the marathon considering the circumstances, but then I am no greedy ridiculous billionaire pathetic globalist slimeball either!

Another idiotic thing he did too (among the many things) is mandating at least 3 people per car to enter Manhattan, ....these incompetent idiots always only make things worse in these types of situations it seems.

WhiteFeather
2nd November 2012, 23:31

If this marathon was set to go off on Sunday, it would be quite a stir. As the start of this race is in Staten Island NY. Mayor Greenbucks made a wise choice.......

WhiteFeather
2nd November 2012, 23:35
The people of NY and especially Staten Island are really hurting. I have been reading reports of people dumpster diving for food, Waiting for hours for gas
so they can heat their homes. Some people dont even have homes to return too.
All of this really put things in perspective for me. I'm hoping and praying and sending all my positive energy and love to all those who were effected.

Here's a link to the local staten island newspaper. Here you'll find all the top stories for Sandy. www.silive.com

This one hit me pretty hard. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/staten_island_weeps_at_discove.html

Photos http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/hurricane_sandy_complete_round.html

WhiteFeather
3rd November 2012, 00:15
The main reason i believe Mayor Mike Greenbuck$ cancelled the Marathon is during this Marathon detail a large amount of police officers are assigned to this detail. So Where would he acquire the police force to maintain this detail. As much of the police force is in disaster emergency phase. Just thought about this.

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 00:23
The main reason i believe Mayor Mike Greenbuck$ cancelled the Marathon is during this Marathon detail a large amount of police officers are assigned to this detail. So Where would he acquire the police force to maintain this detail. As much of the police force is in disaster emergency phase. Just thought about this.

He was also catching a bunch of flack from the media, hurricane/storm victims, etc about it too.

Allowing the marathon to go on is about as ridiculous as outlawing one from buying a 32oz big gulp but allowing them to buy 2 16oz drinks instead??????????

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 01:22
I personally think this event is the beginning of a series that somehow will escalate.....if that makes any sense.

jagman
3rd November 2012, 01:23
Bloomberg is a very rich man. If he really cared about the people, He could have generators in the hot spots in hours.
He should call the national guard up.I do not hate Bloomberg for being rich but he could afford to give a few million to the effort and So could Romney & Obama?? My god I hope were not seeing another Katrina!

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 01:28
Bloomberg is a very rich man. If he really cared about the people, He could have generators in the hot spots in hours.
He should call the national guard up.I do not hate Bloomberg for being rich but he could afford to give a few million to the effort and So could Romney & Obama?? My god I hope were not seeing another Katrina!

We totally are seeing another Katrina type of event IMO, our gov and it's agencies are not about spending money and helping others, they are all about what it takes to make money and conquering/controlling others. (hence the marathon issue).

GCS1103
3rd November 2012, 01:53
Everyone here has made really good points. I look at this hurricane as a little microcosm of the bigger picture in ths country. Suffering for so many people and our brilliant leaders handling the situation in a way that benefits them. We're just seeing this clearer now since the tragedy is very focused and it's on the news here continuously.

You're right, Jagman. Bloomberg donating $10 Million to this cause would be like you or me donating $50.00. Don't count on him parting with his money. One really nice thing is the benefit concert going on now in N.Y. with a bunch of bands (Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Sting, Aerosmith, and lots more).

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 02:01
There may be 7 billion plus people on this planet but in my opinion the way these "monsters" (disasters) are becoming more frequent/escalating, I seriously feel that within a decade at the longest there will not be one person on this planet that is not severely affected in one way or another by them (the monsters).....most of us already are affected in one way or another....just some of us are VERY lucky so far.

Many of us spend most of our time being overly concerned about TPTB being the culprit to ruin everything that we hold dear to us, but what I am noticing, even TPTB can't control this monster throwing a wrench so to speak in everything....our technology can somewhat see some of these events coming, but they surely can't exactly predict the results/outcomes....

It would be wise for everyone to prepare as if the may have to sit out a long blizzard so to speak....no one is exempt!

On top of all the deception by the MSM etc., it's obvious (at least to me) that things can actually DRASTICALLY change at any given moment and it might not be pretty!

Not only katrina and now this storm Sandy is a sign we here in the US are in a great need to wake up and prepare for tough times, we also have political catastrophe in our face, economical crisis, etc etc etc.....seems a little bit of EVERYTHING is coming "unglued" to some extent.

And this is a global phenomenon.....

Not to be a doomer and gloomer folks....but the writing is not just on the wall, it is in our face!

Anastasia
3rd November 2012, 02:21
Dear All:

This is not an event. It's going to be a long process.

I have to think ahead. I believe we here on the north east coast cannot have enough bottled water, gas, food or shelter.

The Weather Channel had a Charity event this evening.

Bruce Spingstein, Billy Joel, Sting, Whoppie Goldberg and a host of others performed for donation.

The lines were lit up...

Anastasia

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 02:26
Dear All:

This is not an event. It's going to be a long process.

I have to think ahead. I believe we here on the north east coast cannot have enough bottled water, gas, food or shelter.

The Weather Channel had a Charity event this evening.

Bruce Spingstein, Billy Joel, Sting, Whoppie Goldberg and a host of others performed for donation.

The lines were lit up...

Anastasia

This IS an event....

Yeah but, where exactly does this money go???? To the Fed? red cross cronies? or Bloomberg to decide how to spend it? Perhaps even Gulianni even will get a cut of it!

I do not have much faith in these criminals to say the least!

If most would of had at least two weeks worth of food and water stashed that would be enough to where almost no one would be thirsty or hungry right now if it was being shared....not to mention if many had solar powered generators.....people need to prepare....more importantly, people need to change their ways of thinking and behaviors....and even more importantly than these things...PEOPLE NEED TO REGAIN THE COMMON SENSE THAT THEY WERE BRAINWASHED TO FORGET!

jagman
3rd November 2012, 02:44
I just had a thought. Warren Buffet is planning to donate his billions to the Gates foundation. Mr. Buffet has made millions in NY
I know I'm bordering on fantasy land but all the Billionaires Who have made money in NY& NJ should step up. We will learn alot about certain peoples character in the
days to come.

Selene
3rd November 2012, 02:51
But - at the end of the day - the message is clear: Do Not Depend On the Government to Save You. Prepare yourself, for yourself.

I mean, how many times have you heard this: Prepare. Have an emergency plan, a 72-hour food/water supply, a bug-out bag for every member of your family. Prepare. Prepare. The power will go out. The roads will be blocked, the gasoline stations closed. The water will dry up. The food will be gone. You have been warned. Repeatedly.

And, granted, this Superstorm inundation was much worse than anyone (except the catastrophists) expected. But... but....

There's no excuse for blind denial and stupidity: "It can't happen here...."

Yes. It can. And it does.

It will.

We return you now to your regularly scheduled programming....

Cheers,

Selene

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 03:07
I just had a thought. Warren Buffet is planning to donate his billions to the Gates foundation. Mr. Buffet has made millions in NY
I know I'm bordering on fantasy land but all the Billionaires Who have made money in NY& NJ should step up. We will learn alot about certain peoples character in the
days to come.

So it would be fair to say that NYC globalists are basically the uterus/womb of draconian/sinister ideas?

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 03:18
But - at the end of the day - the message is clear: Do Not Depend On the Government to Save You. Prepare yourself, for yourself.

I mean, how many times have you heard this: Prepare. Have an emergency plan, a 72-hour food/water supply, a bug-out bag for every member of your family. Prepare. Prepare. The power will go out. The roads will be blocked, the gasoline stations closed. The water will dry up. The food will be gone. You have been warned. Repeatedly.

And, granted, this Superstorm inundation was much worse than anyone (except the catastrophists) expected. But... but....

It will.

Cheers,

Selene

Hopefully many will hear this.....

Hervé
3rd November 2012, 03:38
Pettiness magnified:

UPDATE: New Jersey utility denies turning away nonunion electric crew volunteers from Alabama

12:35 AM 11/02/2012

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/user_photos/david-martosko-1039012511-icon.jpg
David Martosko

Executive Editor
Related Articles

FCC: Cell towers hit during Sandy need fuel (http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/fcc-cell-towers-hit-during-sandy-need-fuel/)
Ala. utility, Florida crewman blame electrical union for interfering with Hurricane Sandy relief [VIDEO] (http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/ala-utility-florida-crewman-blame-electrical-union-for-interfering-with-hurricane-sandy-relief-video/)
Chris Christie finally wins Bruce Springsteen’s approval — kind of [VIDEO] (http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/chris-christie-finally-wins-bruce-springsteens-approval-kind-of-video/)
Napolitano leverages Sandy’s devastation to push cyber agenda (http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/napolitano-leverages-sandys-devastation-to-push-cyber-agenda/)
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/155005586-e1351837177116.jpg

UPDATE: A New Jersey power company denied Friday that it is turning away nonunion volunteer crews who want to travel great distances to help reconnect power supplies severed by Hurricane Sandy. But an Alabama utility is clarifying that it was the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/ala-utility-florida-crewman-blame-electrical-union-for-interfering-with-hurricane-sandy-relief-video/) [IBEW] — not the company — that turned them away.

Utility crews from several states East of the Mississippi River hit the road this week to volunteer their time and talents in Northeastern states hit hard by Hurricane Sandy. But crews from Alabama got the shock of their lives when other workers in a coastal New Jersey town told them they couldn’t lend a hand without a union card.

Derrick Moore, who works for Decatur Utilities in Decatur, Ala., told WAFF-TV (http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery) in Huntsville that crews in Seaside Heights, N.J. turned him and his crewmates away, saying they couldn’t do any work there because they’re not union employees.

As a result, crews from Decatur and Huntsville left the Jersey shore and headed to Long Island to pitch in.

WAFF’s Mark Thornton reported that Moore and his coworkers “are frustrated being told, in essence, ‘thanks, but no thanks.’”

Another nonunion Decatur Utilities crew is idling in Roanoke, Va., waiting for instructions from Seaside Heights. The town asked them days ago for help, but later told the workers to stand down.

Electric repair work for public utilities in New Jersey is dominated by the International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers, a unit of the politically powerful AFL-CIO.

Many parts of coastal New Jersey are projected to be without electric power for at least seven to 10 more days.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/new-jersey-town-to-ala-volunteer-utility-crew-dont-help-with-sandy-unless-youre-unionized/#ixzz2B7vrWOlN

Hervé
3rd November 2012, 03:49
From another thread: what wasn't done nor attempted:

What was definitely NOT used:

[...]

Groningen, zondag 6 februari 2011

Veteran weather modification expert Ben Livingston is a former Navy Physicist who briefed President Lyndon B. Johnson on the effectiveness of weather control back in the 1960's during the Vietnam era, when he was involved in cloud seeding programs that worked to slow down the advance of Vietnamese and Korean troops. Livingston asserts that hurricane control was a national priority of the government more than 40 years ago and that the technology was fully operational to control the weather at the time.

MKl9rqw1Ykw

In this exclusive interview, Livingston explains how for decades the US government has had the power to both lessen and increase the severity of adverse weather for their own purposes.

Dr. Livingston was assigned in 1966 from the Naval weapons research Laboratory to a marine fighter squadron in Vietnam. Instead of guns, the aircraft under Livingston's control were fitted with cloud seeding equipment. "My mission was to find clouds and seed them for maximum precipitation value" he stated.

Dr. Livingston presents evidence from the Stanford research Institute, who were brought into Project Storm Fury (a weather control program) in the late sixties as a third party, which stated conclusively that knowledge of how to stop hurricanes had been uncovered and that they would be directly liable should a hurricane hit and cause extensive damage and loss of life. Four decades later and Livingston exposes how the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina could have been greatly minimized but was allowed to fully impact Gulf states for political reasons.

Having personally flown on 265 missions into the eyes of hurricanes, Livingston remarks that he was "disgusted" by the failure to lessen the impact of Katrina. Livingston's revelations that weather control has been a decades long program in which the US government has been deeply involved are particularly alarming given the abundant modern-day evidence of how chemtrails are being used to warp our environment in a secret geoengineering plot that threatens a myriad of unknown human health and ecological consequences.

... and so was Sandy allowed to strike at the maximum cranked up power that could be mustered to re-instill some trust into the "medias"... "When we tell you to evacuate: just do it!"

The following statement:

Project Storm Fury [...] stated conclusively that knowledge of how to stop hurricanes had been uncovered and that they would be directly liable should a hurricane hit and cause extensive damage and loss of life.

... carries with it the terrible corollary that, by the same token, they also know what starts or amplifies a storm into a hurricane... just pure, practical logic!

Couple that with the report that military planes were flying around at the time Sandy hit the coast... along with the fact that storms are Navy's and Air Force's allies in demoralizing the "enemy" in any wars since Vietnam... who's the enemy now?

Any need to mention that "Halloween" is the second in rank in the satanic calendar for sacrificial rituals...

GlassSteagallfan
3rd November 2012, 03:59

It will.

Cheers,

Selene

Spot on Selene.

Neither the Obama Administration or the Romney crowd have put forth a budget to help the people that are starving at this moment. And there won't be a budget for the disaster relief....according to LaRouche at his webcast at 8 pm today.

Damn right 'you are on your own'

Hervé
3rd November 2012, 04:26

Piling up insults to injuries:

With the underground circuitry still under water, those 1/4 million people are looking at 10 days without power, despite promises that it would take just three days. Among the powerless are many elderly and disabled people on medication. Brooklyn resident Jonathan Maimon provided the following report (http://gothamist.com/2012/10/31/outrage_in_the_powerless_zone_a_dis.php)on the situation in his area:

Virtually every retailer, restaurant and grocery store south of 38th street is CLOSED....There is no food, other than what you have in your refrigerator....

There is no running water or flushing toilets for people living in the Jacob Riis Houses and surrounding NYCHA buildings on the Lower East Side. In my estimate, this is roughly 20,000 people....

I did not witness a single Red Cross Truck or FEMA Vehicle or in lower Manhattan. Recall the assistance these agencies provided after 9/11 - this is NOT HAPPENING. There are bound to be hundreds of elderly people, rich and poor, who live on the upper floors of buildings with elevators that are now disabled. IF POWER IS NOT RESTORED, THIS WILL MOVE FROM BEING AN ECONOMIC DISASTER TO A HUMANITARIAN DISASTER.
[...]

The truth of the matter is that, more often than not, in exercising their power in such situations, politicians tend to impede the most effective, efficient and humane response to a disaster. The reason is clear: politicians do not, and never have, worked in the public interest. They have their own vested interests and those of their corporate cronies that always come first.

In NY, one result of such cronyism is that, while tens of thousands of people in lower Manhattan are running short of food and water, a few miles away in Brooklyn the following scenes are unfolding:

http://www.sott.net/image/image/s5/119785/large/food_supplies.jpg (http://www.sott.net/image/image/s5/119785/full/food_supplies.jpg)

The above image shows shopping carts full of "food damaged by Storm Sandy" at the Fairway supermarket in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn in New York. Notice the many unbroken jars in the foreground. Where is it all going?

It's going into the back of the dump truck you see in the picture below:

http://www.sott.net/image/image/s5/119786/large/Food_supplies1.jpg (http://www.sott.net/image/image/s5/119786/full/Food_supplies1.jpg)

This scene is probably being repeated many times across the coastal areas of NYC.

What makes such waste even more infuriating is the fact that people in the East Village area of Manhattan are being forced to rummage through dumpsters to find food:

http://www.sott.net/image/image/s5/119787/large/east_village_dumpster_diving.jpg (http://www.sott.net/image/image/s5/119787/full/east_village_dumpster_diving.jpg)

The US already wastes vast amounts of food every year (http://endhunger.org/food_waste.htm), food that could be used to provide for the millions of Americans (http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/us_hunger_facts.htm) who live below the official poverty line. How many people, including the many homeless, in the NYC area could make use of the perfectly good food seen in the images above? The order to dump it all was almost certainly came from 'on high', or at least, the order to NOT dump it did not come from 'on high'. That's the kind of ignorant and obtuse 'leadership' provided by today's psychopathic politicians.

Full article: http://www.sott.net/article/253061-Hungry-and-Powerless-in-the-Empire-State#

modwiz
3rd November 2012, 04:46
Things are unraveling fast. Perhaps days without TV will allow for some deprogramming to occur. I am glad to be safe and warm for now. It is painful to be aware of the suffering of so many. I do see some good that could come about this, as it does in my own life. It still does not make the difficult part any more pleasant while passing through it.

ThePythonicCow
3rd November 2012, 07:47
This could easily explode in to a catastrophe worse than 911 in a sense if people totally come unglued and cause a type of violent domino effect.
Unless the bastards in charge lose control, such an explosion won't happen. Rather it will seem to begin happening, and the fear that it will explode will be used as another justification to clamp down further on us.

We have been so dumbed down by various toxic foods, drugs, media, ... that it actually takes a fair bit of work for the bastards to even simulate the appearance the beginnings of such an explosion :).

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 16:37
Unless the bastards in charge lose control, such an explosion won't happen. Rather it will seem to begin happening, and the fear that it will explode will be used as another justification to clamp down further on us.

We have been so dumbed down by various toxic foods, drugs, media, ... that it actually takes a fair bit of work for the bastards to even simulate the appearance the beginnings of such an explosion :).

They are also pushing the idea that if Obama loses the election riots are going to happen...(and many Obama supporters are voicing they WILL riot).
I'm wondering if "the bastards that be" (TBTB) are poking us with a sharp knife so to speak until WE lose control...that way they can blame us for their extreme actions to corral or kill us back in to submission.

NYC has always seemed a staging ground for these draconian actions....hurricane Sandy seemed to soften up the battle field in a sense.

Carmody
3rd November 2012, 16:45
There may be 7 billion plus people on this planet but in my opinion the way these "monsters" (disasters) are becoming more frequent/escalating, I seriously feel that within a decade at the longest there will not be one person on this planet that is not severely affected in one way or another by them (the monsters).....most of us already are affected in one way or another....just some of us are VERY lucky so far.

Many of us spend most of our time being overly concerned about TPTB being the culprit to ruin everything that we hold dear to us, but what I am noticing, even TPTB can't control this monster throwing a wrench so to speak in everything....our technology can somewhat see some of these events coming, but they surely can't exactly predict the results/outcomes....

It would be wise for everyone to prepare as if the may have to sit out a long blizzard so to speak....no one is exempt!

On top of all the deception by the MSM etc., it's obvious (at least to me) that things can actually DRASTICALLY change at any given moment and it might not be pretty!

Not only katrina and now this storm Sandy is a sign we here in the US are in a great need to wake up and prepare for tough times, we also have political catastrophe in our face, economical crisis, etc etc etc.....seems a little bit of EVERYTHING is coming "unglued" to some extent.

And this is a global phenomenon.....

Not to be a doomer and gloomer folks....but the writing is not just on the wall, it is in our face!

When your resource base is slowly eroded to a nub, then you are on the individual and collective level..entering the area of a public response that is of a third world nature.

THAT is what a slow drain type economic destruction is about.

To bleed in out in time and capacity, to a level where your response is feeble, as it cannot be enabled by ability or resource.

They'll keep you hoping, and hanging on.... that there will be a better day........until your ability to form a response is stripped away.

Drip, Drip, Drip.

Same psychology as slowly getting a young person into a sexual response, or situation. slowly. carefully, inch by inch.

This is the same, drain it out, bleed it out...inch by inch. And done just outside ....of the area of the capacity ....of the public to see the action or the pattern.

And when the public is perceived to be weak enough, then the more real agendas are exposed, again, inch by inch.

This is the way it has been done for thousands of years.

Ron Mauer Sr
3rd November 2012, 17:31
Things are unraveling fast. Perhaps days without TV will allow for some deprogramming to occur. I am glad to be safe and warm for now. It is painful to be aware of the suffering of so many. I do see some good that could come about this, as it does in my own life. It still does not make the difficult part any more pleasant while passing through it.

I bless the few and small disasters I've experienced because they were wake up calls. Like the time the time I was sick with diarrhea and could not flush because there was no water pressure when the electricity went out and there was heavy rain. I vowed never again. So I bought a generator to provide emergency electricity, later installed a solar electric system and now have a commercial composting toilet and a homemade sawdust toilet (http://humanurehandbook.com/humanure_toilet.html).

Without water and a sawdust toilet, life would be miserable for as long as it lasted.
Without clean water the average person may only have 3 days to relocate.
Without food, a sawdust or composting toilet (http://ronmauer.net/blog/?page_id=216) is not needed.

sleepy
3rd November 2012, 18:13
xxxxxx xxxxxx

SilentFeathers
3rd November 2012, 19:20
A signal some are getting a bit frustrated....

Hardened New Yorkers are ready to battle lowlife criminals to protect their homes and stores in storm-ravaged areas plagued by looting and break-ins.

In Coney Island, several residents were loading up their guns, sharpening their machetes and brandishing other deadly weapons.

Jacinto Gonzalez, 42, picked up a baseball bat and stood guard outside his two-story rowhouse on West 27th Street near Neptune Avenue with his family.

Another Coney Island resident, Roberto Aviles, brandishing a rusty 3-foot machete and warning he has a gun, who has lived in Coney Island since 1995 with his wife, says he’s ready to take on phony burglars posing as Con Ed workers.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/klyn_bat_man_run_looters_VxfnY8FAH2MYZZ9GrKM6eJ

Also;

Queens residents arm themselves in the post-storm blackout from looters
Residents feel isolated and some use guns, baseball bats, booby traps — even a bow and arrow — to defend themselves.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/queens-residents-arm-looters-article-1.1196031#ixzz2BBmLJYUd

SilentFeathers
5th November 2012, 20:08
Just some more headlines; over a week later and nothing much seems to be giving many any relief....(From the Drudge Reports page today)

Sandy Victims Beg Obama For Help...

NY men charged with hoarding gas -- took 120 gallons in five-gallon buckets!

Giuliani: FEMA as bad on Sandy as Katrina...

REPORT: 7,700 gallons of oil spilled from NJ refinery...

Tons of trash pile up on NY streets...

$7 Bread, $10 Box of Matches...

Commuter Chaos In NYC As Overcrowding Plagues Subways, Trains...

Marathon canceled, but generators and supplies still sit unused in park...

A week after Sandy, Marines land in Staten Island...

Now Quake Rattles NJ Towns!

Nat'l Guardsmen tossed out of armory -- for Victoria's Secret show...

Devastated residents lash out at Bloomberg during unannounced visit...

1.9 million still dark...

Tent City homeless hold their own election...

Mayor says up to 40,000 may need relocation...

Panic at the pump continues as gas-rationing plan fails...

Man busted impersonating Red Cross, trying to rob evacuated homes...

Peace of Mind
5th November 2012, 21:04
Not as bad as some think. Gas lines may be about 1 or 2 blocks long, not miles long. plus fuel tankers are now entering NY harbor, so relief is on the rise. There are sporadic outages, some people with power some without it. Some people living closer to the coastline/water may have lost their homes to floods and fire but for the most part people are working together and many are getting back to living a normal life. To be honest, the storm didn’t cost me or anyone in my circle problems. The media is just exaggerating and wants to create fear and a sense of government dependability. I even saw a report on fox5 news showing one of the landmarks in ConeyIsland (coastal Amusement park) leaning over and about to break in half. It was a clip that lasted less than 2 seconds but it turned out to be blatant lie to stir up emotions. It's not as bad as they say it is. New Jersey is a different story thou. As for me, as usual, there's no worries at all. I think I’ll keep it that way and leave all the expectations of strife to those who want to take part in it.

Peace