PDA

View Full Version : The quickening (or the speedining if it were a word)

RUSirius
9th November 2012, 19:25
Granted, not my own original title, but truly what I am experiencing. The days are rapidly speeding up, not just cuz I'm getting older as we all are. I've never experienced anything so noticable in regards to time in my life, and its not just this year, although its been quite quick, more so the last 2 months, and more and more as each day passes. I dont think its in my head, or due to all the talk of 12/21, I've asked others who dont pay much attention to the world around and they've said the same. Is anyone else truly experiencing this, does anyone think it has any significant meaning, or just something people experience at times in their lives? As always, feedback appreciated.
Jeff

Tony
9th November 2012, 19:38
Everything does seem more intense, but not for everyone.
The emotions may seem more intense, this may manifest as positive or negative.

If you are really positive, then the negative will seem positive!

RUSirius
9th November 2012, 19:40

Just being honest, IMO, for me, in order for things to be truly positive in my life, the nature of life on this planet would have to change, maybe that will happen as I change my own nature...

WyoSeeker
9th November 2012, 23:22

I'd agree that it seems more like intensity.

When most people talk about time speeding up they are saying it seems like time flies by. The opposite has happened for me. October especially seemed three months long. I'd think "my gawd will this month ever end" then look at the calendar and still 2 1/2 weeks left. A month would go by and I'd look at the calendar - still 1 1/2 weeks left. :-)

Maybe it's just me and I have no reason to explain it.

johnf
10th November 2012, 00:28
I have had a lot off deffering thoughts about this . One is that time is getting thinner. I agree that things especially emotions are getting stronger. The feelings that time is speeding up are countered by feelings that time is crawling by. I think that the underpinings of what most people would call time are falling away. so there are layers of stronger emotions appearing and there is an opportunity to see through them. I am anticipated a day or moment or short period when what we call time will not be present for a lot of people. This will be a subjective experience and not a literal ascension as many have been told in recent years. What we do with this opportunity is up to each of us on a personal basis.

RUSirius
10th November 2012, 01:59
I have had a lot off deffering thoughts about this . One is that time is getting thinner. I agree that things especially emotions are getting stronger. The feelings that time is speeding up are countered by feelings that time is crawling by. I think that the underpinings of what most people would call time are falling away. so there are layers of stronger emotions appearing and there is an opportunity to see through them. I am anticipated a day or moment or short period when what we call time will not be present for a lot of people. This will be a subjective experience and not a literal ascension as many have been told in recent years. What we do with this opportunity is up to each of us on a personal basis.

Well said, agreed.

Mark
10th November 2012, 17:17
Time disappears when we are fully in the Now moment. When people say that time will end, they are generally referring to this phenomenon even if there is no overt correlation of the two seemingly different ideas.

So the experience of time speeding up is an indication of increased Presence, or concentrative ability, i.e. increased Awareness. Awareness indicative of being totally immersed in the moment, not an increased informational storage capacity. This is expressd as a reduced awareness of time as a parameter and a marked decrease of living in the past amd future, or, dwelling in regret and fear. All in all a good sign, and, most assuredly, there are also many who are not necessarily experiencing this change in state as someone else mentioned above.

As this is indicative of personal spiritual evolution, it is one of the signs along the path of enlightenment, although a very early sign, as meditation leads gradually to increased awareness, presence and the sense of timelessness. As there is generally little collusion between Asenscion as it is discussed in the New Age and Enlightenment as understood by the sages of many traditions it is difficilt to equate the two.

The idea of millions of people simultaneously attaining enlightenment is difficult although there are ancient tales in Buddhism of thousands doing so.

Whatever the case may be, I find it helpful to broadcast gratitude as a general state when I become aware of such in my own experience. Lately Ive been grounded pretty hard, immersed in the day to day, but the normalcy that grounds is also the normalcy that amazing experiences and shifts in awareness occur in.

We'll see where it is all leading. Bless.

PurpleLama
11th November 2012, 18:15
Time? It never was, to start with.

PurpleLama
11th November 2012, 18:21
Ascension? Mass translation. The true nature of consciousness is Fire. In time, things appear to have a form, in truth, in fire, nothing does, nothing at all. What is, was ahead of the game, all along.

RunningDeer
11th November 2012, 19:40

Just being honest, IMO, for me, in order for things to be truly positive in my life, the nature of life on this planet would have to change, maybe that will happen as I change my own nature...

This may not mean how the quote was intended, but it did trigger an idea on “How the negative is positive”:

It's a barometer for my continued efforts of tossing the anchors from all levels, i.e., physical, emotions, spiritual, dogma, etc.

It's hard to see in the day to day, but when confronted with something that use to "push buttons", or someone reminds me of the old me, or experience the negative dissolve within or choose not to engage the negative within...well those are high 5 moments.

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Animals/high_5.JPG