PDA

View Full Version : Why Taxes Have to Be Raised on the Rich (Robert Reich)

Rocky_Shorz
11th November 2012, 18:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozMpjCSUuWk

risveglio
11th November 2012, 18:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozMpjCSUuWk

Taxing the rich is just piss poor economics. Fix the money problem first and stop asking a middle man to provide for people. Good people will take care of people, I am seeing it almost hourly in the past two weeks. Why pollute such a good thread with this garbage?

Paul
11th November 2012, 20:55
The above two posts began life on a different thread, before I split the thread and made them into the opening posts of this new thread. To see the original thread, to go The Money Masters (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?51920-The-Money-Masters&p=582439&viewfull=1#post582439).

Carmody
11th November 2012, 21:14
Taxing the rich is just piss poor economics. Fix the money problem first and stop asking a middle man to provide for people. Good people will take care of people, I am seeing it almost hourly in the past two weeks. Why pollute such a good thread with this garbage?

Just yesterday a friend regaled me with a synopsis of an article on the mindset of psychology of the rich.

What they found was that anything in the world that did not benefit the rich or bring money and power to them, was found by their minds and mental states....as being a direct theft from them,and viewed and acted upon as being such.

Psychosis, viciousness, small minded, animalistic, low empathy, reptilian, brutal, and so on.

Any other words required to describe 'the rich?' for I can't think of any words on the other side of the ledger.

Which means a few simple things. One is that they need a good bit of hammering. And don't ever stop. They are not going to fix themselves, any time soon. Send them onward, then. we simply don't need and can't handle such genetics among us anymore. That side of things has been given a chance, and I think that that 'chance' is coming to an and, as doorways of incarnation go.

AutumnW
11th November 2012, 21:51
Most of the super wealthy are the most repulsive creatures, at their core, you could hope to meet. Oh...on the surface they can be remarkably friendly, outgoing, apparently kind. Beneath the surface, they are venal vile and nearly ALL either sub-clinical psychopaths, or highly narcissistic, self centred individuals. They are also dumb as rocks, as they aren't interested in much other than their immediate hobbies, (collecting material possessions, for example) and anything directly or indirectly related to themselves and/or money.

A Vision Quest for one of these self absorbed creeps would involve being trained to look just past themselves, even a few feet. People who are suffering financially, through no fault of their own aren't even on their radar---though they may attend charitable events and donate .00001 per cent of their income. Then they pat themselves on the back and likely feel they deserve a ticker tape parade.

I'm talking about the super wealthy and the wannabe super wealthy here...not upper middle class.

eaglespirit
11th November 2012, 22:18

Just yesterday a friend regaled me with a synopsis of an article on the mindset of psychology of the rich.

What they found was that anything in the world that did not benefit the rich or bring money and power to them, was found by their minds and mental states....as being a direct theft from them,and viewed and acted upon as being such.

Psychosis, viciousness, small minded, animalistic, low empathy, reptilian, brutal, and so on.

Any other words required to describe 'the rich?' for I can't think of any words on the other side of the ledger.

Which means a few simple things. One is that they need a good bit of hammering. And don't ever stop. They are not going to fix themselves, any time soon. Send them onward, then. we simply don't need and can't handle such genetics among us anymore. That side of things has been given a chance, and I think that that 'chance' is coming to an end, as doorways of incarnation go.

...and as this year winds down and then winds up, 'that side of things' will be blinded by the light and the shift accelerates non-stop to nirvana...one on one and personal in the now!

T Smith
11th November 2012, 23:48
The problem is this:

"Rich" is way to vague a term. To the homeless guy on the corner, the deli cashier is rich. Let's tax ever last bit of disposable income of the greedy deli cashier! To the deli cashier, the union worker is rich. Let's tax the union worker! To the union worker, the landlord is rich. Let's tax the landlord! Where does it stop? What is rich?

Taxation on one's labor is a scam, folks. It's a trap. It has nothing to do with bettering the collective. Nothing. It has to do with control and enslaving the masses.

chancy
12th November 2012, 01:00
Hello Everyone:
Taxes is just a plain ridiculous system! Taxing people cannot fix any problems. It may give the governments more money BUT they will surely find a way to spend that increase and it will NEVER help anyone. No nation on this planet would be in debt if wasn't their own doing.
This is a ploy to make people think that governments are actually going to go after some of the extreme wealth BUT since money controls governments the extreme rich will simply pull strings and make it harder for that particular government.
It's a wish and a farce that will never happen. On the surface it may appear that they got taxed but in the back room of government they will give the extreme rich 10x's their losses back to them.
Who do you think creates the jobs? Who creates technology? Who keeps the people working? It certainly is NOT the government.
I say forget this insane plan to tax the extremely wealthy or anyone else for that matter! No one needs more taxing! The real solution is as follows:
Make ALL GOVERNMENTS ACCOUNTABLE! This is the solution. Don't let them tax anyone.
Make ALL GOVERNMENTS ACCOUNTABLE! Until this simple sentence is done or accomplished nothing will change anywhere.
Why do you think speeches with tax increases always fail. Nothing ever changes because the real problem NEVER GETS FIXED. Make ALL GOVERNMENTS ACCOUNTABLE for finances, their mistakes, their corrupt solutions.

chancy

ghostrider
12th November 2012, 01:29
Even if they tax everyone 100 percent we won't catch up to 16 trillion. The problem is the government spends more than it takes in. they still don't have a budget and it's november. Taking money from the one who provides the job will only ensure someone is fired and those left will do more for the same pay, as it has been said, you never help the wage earner by making it harder on the wage giver. Tax the rich they will still be rich, the government TAKING money from the job creators will only make them want to take their business and move it to another country along with the jobs. I say cut the pay in half of ALL politicians , 150,000 a year for a senator or congressman is way too much when they usually are already wealthy. 50,000 a year is plenty. the president , 200,000 a year he also is already rich. Hell make it minimum wage and you know they ain't there for the money. we have never had a government that represents the majority of us ( less the 40,000 a year) . Just stop all foreign aid and you don't need to raise any tax money along with stop spending my money on stupid ideas, like the habits of the fruit fly,... people forget our government is broke and borrowed 5 trillions from the communist china. No matter how much tax money they have, they are always broke and need more but personally they make their millions and do pretty good, work four months a year the rest of the time its campaigning.

T Smith
12th November 2012, 02:17
Seizing the production of one's labor, by force, is unethical and a euphemism for slavery. It doesn't matter what the amount of money a person earns. $1.00, $100.00, $1000.00, or $1,000,000.00. Allowing an angry mob, who is ever subject to plunder, impoverishment and oppression by designs of the State, to determine the fair amount your neighbor deserves before the all-powerful State casts its indentured net upon him, it very dangerous indeed. It exonerates the real oppressor and makes the ever elusive and hard to define "rich" the wrong scape goat. As Chancy aptly noted, the truly rich are behind the government, which is taxing the rest of us--namely, the poor. It's a shell game, and one none of us should fall for.

I loath greed, decadence, excessive wealth and its ability to procure power (which is the real culprit) as much as anybody, but it is nonetheless unethical to support the mechanism of slavery solely because we don't understand the root problem.

rgray222
12th November 2012, 03:16
mindset of psychology of the rich.

Which means a few simple things. One is that they need a good bit of hammering. And don't ever stop. They are not going to fix themselves, any time soon. Send them onward, then. we simply don't need and can't handle such genetics among us anymore. That side of things has been given a chance, and I think that that 'chance' is coming to an and, as doorways of incarnation go.

This type of statement makes several assumptions and misses the larger issue.
1. All rich people are small minded, animalistic, low empathy, reptilian, brutal, and so on.
2. All low to moderate income people are, large minded, high empathy, kind hearted, civilized and so on.
3. The rich need to be punished either through taxes or other means.
4. The rich are not good for society

I believe the truth to be somewhat more rationale
1. Some rich people are extremely good people
2. Some poor people are extremely bad people
3. Stereotyping any one segment of society is a form of bigotry
4. Punishing any segment of society is a road to ruin for any person or nation

The larger issue regarding wealth should be about the government
1. The United States Government is wealthiest government in history of the world
2. The United States Government is the most wasteful entity in the world
3. Less then 1000 people allocate how all this money is spent
4. These people never really discuss becoming financially efficient and effective
5. Their answer for everything is more money, more money, more money
6. In truth even if they taxed the rich at 100% it would not be enough, they would come after low to middle incomes to feed their never ending spending habits. They have been devising ways to tax the internet, it is already happening in several states and it will no doubt push through worldwide in 2 or 3 years. Their desire for more money is endless.

The governments of the world have more than enough money to end poverty, provide worldwide healthcare for every man woman and child on the planet, end or substantially slow down many cancers and disease. Provide mass transit for all heavily populated segments of the world and much more.

Most of the worlds population is not rich and there is some resentment for those that are wealthy, so taxing the rich is a pretty easy target to go after but doing so does not solve one problem in this world. The money goes into that big federal general fund and is allocated out by less then 1000 people that do not really want to solve the worlds problems. The one thing that is perfectly clear is after they tax the rich to the hilt they will be looking for other ways to fund their spending addiction. Unless WE put the world governments in rehab they will just keep on doing the same thing.

This spending addiction is not confined any one political party, it is how our system has evolved over the last 100 years. There are fundamental changes that we could demand that the government make if enough people woke up. End all forms of lobbyist and put term limits into place. Of course there are many other things that could be done but these two alone would go along way to solving some of the problems.

My point here is hating, taxing or dismantling wealth solves nothing. We the people are the real powers that be, we have the power and nothing changes until we wake up and use that power to serve mankind. There will be no societal enlightenment until the majority of the people understand that WE are the powers that be! It is one of the higher evolutionary facts that we have been charged with and must wake up to!

Lost Soul
12th November 2012, 12:30
Since the rich have sheltered their income, they don't get taxed. Ultimately it's the middle class that bears the tax burden. How about cutting government spending?

BTW, Reich is an idiot. Want proof? Read his book, Aftershock. I did and that's where I learned he's an idiot.

eaglespirit
12th November 2012, 12:58
mindset of psychology of the rich.

This type of statement makes several assumptions and misses the larger issue.
1. All rich people are small minded, animalistic, low empathy, reptilian, brutal, and so on.
2. All low to moderate income people are, large minded, high empathy, kind hearted, civilized and so on.
3. The rich need to be punished either through taxes or other means.
4. The rich are not good for society

I believe the truth to be somewhat more rationale
1. Some rich people are extremely good people
2. Some poor people are extremely bad people
3. Stereotyping any one segment of society is a form of bigotry
4. Punishing any segment of society is a road to ruin for any person or nation

The larger issue regarding wealth should be about the government
1. The United States Government is wealthiest government in history of the world
2. The United States Government is the most wasteful entity in the world
3. Less then 1000 people allocate how all this money is spent
4. These people never really discuss becoming financially efficient and effective
5. Their answer for everything is more money, more money, more money
6. In truth even if they taxed the rich at 100% it would not be enough, they would come after low to middle incomes to feed their never ending spending habits. They have been devising ways to tax the internet, it is already happening in several states and it will no doubt push through worldwide in 2 or 3 years. Their desire for more money is endless.

The governments of the world have more than enough money to end poverty, provide worldwide healthcare for every man woman and child on the planet, end or substantially slow down many cancers and disease. Provide mass transit for all heavily populated segments of the world and much more.

Most of the worlds population is not rich and there is some resentment for those that are wealthy, so taxing the rich is a pretty easy target to go after but doing so does not solve one problem in this world. The money goes into that big federal general fund and is allocated out by less then 1000 people that do not really want to solve the worlds problems. The one thing that is perfectly clear is after they tax the rich to the hilt they will be looking for other ways to fund their spending addiction. Unless WE put the world governments in rehab they will just keep on doing the same thing.

This spending addiction is not confined any one political party, it is how our system has evolved over the last 100 years. There are fundamental changes that we could demand that the government make if enough people woke up. End all forms of lobbyist and put term limits into place. Of course there are many other things that could be done but these two alone would go along way to solving some of the problems.

My point here is hating, taxing or dismantling wealth solves nothing. We the people are the real powers that be, we have the power and nothing changes until we wake up and use that power to serve mankind. There will be no societal enlightenment until the majority of the people understand that WE are the powers that be! It is one of the higher evolutionary facts that we have been charged with and must wake up to!

Hi rgray222..Wishing You Well!

Most of Us here understand this...Many here at Avalon do not post but just observe and connect and grow..All is Good.

Carmody's general post on generalities of generics of the greedy and power-hungry is petty much how much of it is, imho!
Going, going, gone...soon in THE theaters right in front of Us!!!

risveglio
12th November 2012, 13:55
Since the rich have sheltered their income, they don't get taxed. Ultimately it's the middle class that bears the tax burden. How about cutting government spending?

BTW, Reich is an idiot. Want proof? Read his book, Aftershock. I did and that's where I learned he's an idiot.

Thanks Paul for moving this thread. This video shows how Reich is just a propagandist. Please don't try to make economic points and then use Reich or Krugman as your experts. Guys that have been wrong repeatedly over and over again.

mXm4j2ORYcg

RMorgan
12th November 2012, 14:15
Hey folks,

Increasing the taxation on the super-rich is not effective at all, because they wouldn“t pay these taxes anyway.

All of them already send their money to tax havens all around the world, so what we actually need is to definitively put an end to these tax havens.

"A global super-rich elite had at least $21 trillion (£13tn) hidden in secret tax havens by the end of 2010, according to a major study. The figure is equivalent to the size of the US and Japanese economies combined"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18944097

Cheers,

Raf.

Carmody
12th November 2012, 15:45

Please don't misinterpret the post as hating or simplicity.

Read it with no emotions. Look again.

It is more a statement on coming (linear time, earth bound) avatar evolution and use.

It's about rope and rope given -rope taken. "Everything is permitted". Yes, it is so. However, there is consequence tied to such things, or, if one prefers - simple mathematical premise.

There is also a range of actions, that which beyond...the system of incarnation here begins to be strongly affected. As 'humans' cascade into being capable of more complex physical manifestation, and also mechanical manipulation of reality, in a widespread way, certain behavioral aspects have to go the way of the dodo bird, as they say.

One group is determined to reside within animalism and reach a point of elimination of all others so they can maintain a high level of resource use with no change in their immediate and future self. That is not the point, here. Thus their desire to eliminate and consume will be the shape of their karmic fate. Very simple. And that it cannot be forced, they must learn this lesson on their own, otherwise, there is no point.

They have been given as much 'time' as is possible to reach this understanding, or, to reach what understanding they may. Now that time given, is, in linear speak..ending.

jagman
12th November 2012, 15:57
Raising taxes the rich,This reminds me of Frankenstein. All the town folk get thier pitch forks and go chase the evil boogeyman.
I am glad to see in posts above that many of you are not falling for this class warfare.

Carmody
12th November 2012, 16:03
Taxing the Rich,This reminds me of Frankenstein. All the town folk get thier pitch forks and go chase the evil boogeyman.
I am glad to see in posts above that many of you are not falling for this class warfare.

It isn't about money.

It's about harm to others under the guise of fairness. About limited world views, ones that are held to the self when the truth of the matter is known to lie elsewhere. It's about denying responsibility...in order to live within the desires of the animal side of the human avatar.

It's about learning to understand greater levels of complexity in interconnectedness.

The lesson has been on the table for more than long enough, with regard to realizing the existence and shape of it.

Now comes the return shot on the emotionally derived unwillingness to understand, for the given individual who has lived in direct denial, denial based on will and desire.

The rich can be 'served notice', like a bullet parting their hair, a near death experience of sorts, a call to waking.

How they wake is up to them, it is part of their given personal search. it will not be directly handed to them -otherwise, there is no point.

How much do you wish to bleed for their particular waking? when is enough bleeding for you and bleeding for them?

We have come to a technological and avatar evolution crossroads, of a sort. One where technology and awareness available to the individual makes it so the projection of violence and negativity through the mechanism, or 'gobo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotic_arm)' of money and finances, is no longer viable as a lesson device.

BrianEn
12th November 2012, 16:34
Trying to think of a better way makes my head hurt. I'm not an economist or have any grasp on what it take to change things. I fully agree that good people with always help those less fortunate. Rich people always donate to causes to help others. Those you don't always hear about because they're donating for the right reason. Not like McDonald's donating 10 cents from every happy meal to Ronald McDonald House. A charity they control, which in turn gets kids addicted to their crappy ass food. So I don't really know.

noprophet
12th November 2012, 16:54
I would like to see social programs, including unemployment, liquidated, dissolvedand replaced with a guaranteed income system of $350 a week.

Then you can deregulate minimum wage, as making less than 350 a week at any job wouldn't be worth it.

This would also put money in the hands of real job creators who but things like groceries, entertainment and services thereby creating more jobs in anything related to the production off these.

BrianEn
12th November 2012, 17:00
I would like to see social programs, including unemployment, liquidated, dissolvedand replaced with a guaranteed income system of $350 a week.

Then you can deregulate minimum wage, as making less than 350 a week at any job wouldn't be worth it.

This would also put money in the hands of real job creators who but things like groceries, entertainment and services thereby creating more jobs in anything related to the production off these.

Nice idea.

jagman
12th November 2012, 18:13
Here is a short video by Alex Jones. He breaks it down forya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hPO0UV6lyQY

risveglio
12th November 2012, 22:18
The post below is from another site and it does not fit exactly into this conversation but it is something I need to understand. I am the son of an immigrant. There were a lot of family that came here over a 25 year period after WWII. For the most part, everyone became successful. Most would not qualify for what I call rich but several are well off and make more than $250K a year. Just about all of them started off in the same situation as the hypothetical person below. To add to the questions, when does this person become evil and we can no longer handle their genetics among us anymore?

---

Please select the number, 1 through 12, at which this hypothetical person went from being very poor to being a rich capitalist pig. Tell us, in your own words, where they went wrong, and when they needed to be punished.

1) Poor, inner city, physically challenged, young woman of mixed race, who lives in public housing, saves what money she has since she was a child.

2) The young woman buys flour and other ingredients and bakes breads, cookies and pastries in her parents small kitchen and sells them out of paper bags to friends and relatives to make ends meet, as one of her parents is disabled. She bakes a long time, and walks a long time in her neighborhood offering her goods for sale.

3) Her friends, relatives and others in her community love her baked goods and so they ask her for more and so she makes and sells them more.

4) She saves money for another few months, and locates a small cart from which to sell her baked goods. Having very little extra money she walks as far as she can to parking lots and other locations to sell her baked goods, which she often bakes into the wee hours of every morning. She is exhausted every day but she knows she's helping her parents.

5) More months pass, her baked goods are even more popular and she has found a permanent location at a local street market to sell her products. The popularity of her breads, pastries and cookies boom. She adds cupcakes to her repertoire and soon she needs a bigger space.

6) She saves even more money. Some of the money has made a difference for her father, mother and 4 siblings. They now have newer shoes her disabled parent now has a newer chair in which to sit to help his back. She was able to help pay for a prom dress for her sister as well. She is able to put down payment on a run down truck she located, which she'll work to turn into a food truck.

7) Her and her siblings transform the truck into a food truck in a few weeks. She nearly exhausts her savings to do it, all while she continues selling breads, pastries, cookies and cupcakes from her booth at the market while at the same time baking more and more. She gets little sleep.

8 ) Months pass and the food truck has been such a success that she is able to afford renting a commercial kitchen. She asks her parents and siblings if they would like to help bake and package her products for sale. They agree. Business booms.

9) Within a year she is able to open a small store. She hires two inner city teenagers of color. The jobs are the first ones they've ever had. She pays them more than minimum wage and trains them to help her. Her store serves coffee, tea and sandwiches made from her bread. She sells all her products and business booms again.

10) Within 5 years she has 10 locations, and now owns her own commercial kitchen. Her siblings have been able to get into private colleges with her assistance. Her parents have been able to move out to a small home where her disabled parent doesn't have to climb stairs.

11) She now employs 70 people. Managers, supervisors, bakers, and even a driver with a truck with the company's name on it. She pays them above the prevailing market wage and salary because she incorporates incentives for quality work and customer satisfaction. Her company offers insurance benefits to all employees, even part timers. She offers educational assistance as well and paid time off. She's also generous with charities particularly ones that helps kids like she once was that wanted to make a better life for themselves and families. She offers educational/entrepreneurial scholarships together with other people her community so that they can live a better life and give back to their communities.

12) One day as she's driving to work, she reflects that she owns her own new car, she owns her own modest home, and has been able to get her hair done and wear newer, though practical clothing. She still doesn't get much rest and hasn't had much of a personal life. She'll be working for a couple of hours at the homeless shelter this morning as she usually does on Mondays, but is also thinking about taking a short vacation somewhere far away where she can be pampered and rest her aching body and mind.

Questions:

Tell us, at what point did she go from being poor to being a capitalist pig in this story?
Tell us at what point did she become the 1%?
Tell us at what point did she betray the 99%
Tell us how much of her profits should have been confiscated and why?
Tell us where she went totally wrong and how she should have been punished, if you haven't told us already?
Does your answer vary if the poor inner city person in the story was a man? a white man? a white woman? an asian man? an asian woman?
What race or ethnicity or party does the person need to be, to go from acceptable to offensive?

GlassSteagallfan
12th November 2012, 22:48
One good thing to say about Robert Reich is that he supports a return to the Glass-Steagall Act

T Smith
13th November 2012, 00:50
The post below is from another site and it does not fit exactly into this conversation but it is something I need to understand. I am the son of an immigrant. There were a lot of family that came here over a 25 year period after WWII. For the most part, everyone became successful. Most would not qualify for what I call rich but several are well off and make more than $250K a year. Just about all of them started off in the same situation as the hypothetical person below. To add to the questions, when does this person become evil and we can no longer handle their genetics among us anymore?

---

Please select the number, 1 through 12, at which this hypothetical person went from being very poor to being a rich capitalist pig. Tell us, in your own words, where they went wrong, and when they needed to be punished.

1) Poor, inner city, physically challenged, young woman of mixed race, who lives in public housing, saves what money she has since she was a child.

2) The young woman buys flour and other ingredients and bakes breads, cookies and pastries in her parents small kitchen and sells them out of paper bags to friends and relatives to make ends meet, as one of her parents is disabled. She bakes a long time, and walks a long time in her neighborhood offering her goods for sale.

3) Her friends, relatives and others in her community love her baked goods and so they ask her for more and so she makes and sells them more.

4) She saves money for another few months, and locates a small cart from which to sell her baked goods. Having very little extra money she walks as far as she can to parking lots and other locations to sell her baked goods, which she often bakes into the wee hours of every morning. She is exhausted every day but she knows she's helping her parents.

5) More months pass, her baked goods are even more popular and she has found a permanent location at a local street market to sell her products. The popularity of her breads, pastries and cookies boom. She adds cupcakes to her repertoire and soon she needs a bigger space.

6) She saves even more money. Some of the money has made a difference for her father, mother and 4 siblings. They now have newer shoes her disabled parent now has a newer chair in which to sit to help his back. She was able to help pay for a prom dress for her sister as well. She is able to put down payment on a run down truck she located, which she'll work to turn into a food truck.

7) Her and her siblings transform the truck into a food truck in a few weeks. She nearly exhausts her savings to do it, all while she continues selling breads, pastries, cookies and cupcakes from her booth at the market while at the same time baking more and more. She gets little sleep.

8 ) Months pass and the food truck has been such a success that she is able to afford renting a commercial kitchen. She asks her parents and siblings if they would like to help bake and package her products for sale. They agree. Business booms.

9) Within a year she is able to open a small store. She hires two inner city teenagers of color. The jobs are the first ones they've ever had. She pays them more than minimum wage and trains them to help her. Her store serves coffee, tea and sandwiches made from her bread. She sells all her products and business booms again.

10) Within 5 years she has 10 locations, and now owns her own commercial kitchen. Her siblings have been able to get into private colleges with her assistance. Her parents have been able to move out to a small home where her disabled parent doesn't have to climb stairs.

11) She now employs 70 people. Managers, supervisors, bakers, and even a driver with a truck with the company's name on it. She pays them above the prevailing market wage and salary because she incorporates incentives for quality work and customer satisfaction. Her company offers insurance benefits to all employees, even part timers. She offers educational assistance as well and paid time off. She's also generous with charities particularly ones that helps kids like she once was that wanted to make a better life for themselves and families. She offers educational/entrepreneurial scholarships together with other people her community so that they can live a better life and give back to their communities.

12) One day as she's driving to work, she reflects that she owns her own new car, she owns her own modest home, and has been able to get her hair done and wear newer, though practical clothing. She still doesn't get much rest and hasn't had much of a personal life. She'll be working for a couple of hours at the homeless shelter this morning as she usually does on Mondays, but is also thinking about taking a short vacation somewhere far away where she can be pampered and rest her aching body and mind.

Questions:

Tell us, at what point did she go from being poor to being a capitalist pig in this story?
Tell us at what point did she become the 1%?
Tell us at what point did she betray the 99%
Tell us how much of her profits should have been confiscated and why?
Tell us where she went totally wrong and how she should have been punished, if you haven't told us already?
Does your answer vary if the poor inner city person in the story was a man? a white man? a white woman? an asian man? an asian woman?
What race or ethnicity or party does the person need to be, to go from acceptable to offensive?

What you have outlined, my friend, is a perfect example of the American Dream. Once upon a time it wasn't a dirty word to be a "capitalist", or to dare dream to better your life and the life of your children. It was what America was about, what America offered, and what European and Asian countries did not offer. In the ladder countries, if you were born a poor serf, you would die a poor serf and your children would be poor serfs. America, in contrast, was the land of opportunity. I presume this is why your father came to America.

With the coming of the NWO agenda and the onslaught of NWO propaganda bombarding the world (and not just America) for decades running now, and with the older generations slowly losing influence in society, who were not as exposed to the constant propaganda, and who better understood the virtues of free humanity and free market economy, and with the onset of younger generations embracing the propaganda and falling prey to the indoctrination, the woman you depict and many like her are now viewed as the problem. Some even view those like her as evil and not deserving of success. The president of the United States, perhaps for the first time in the history of America, embraces this same kind of rhetoric.

Why? Because in large part the dream itself is over and people can no longer see the opportunity. When the ship is sinking, those with floatation devices are suspect, especially when floatation is limited and scarce. In short, the opportunity that was available to your father is waning fast. America is no longer a free market society and is transforming to the ways of her European ancestors. This is by design. It would be much harder, in America today, for the very same woman to achieve the success described above given the transformation of American society to a socialist nation where the bar is lowering for everyone (save for a small uber-elite). In this milieu, anyone with means or resources is viewed with envy and suspicion. They are no longer viewed as virtuous and as role models. Put another way, if we are to return to a neo-feudalistic one-world order society, where serfs and serfs and the elite are the elite, there can be none of this talk of the serfs pulling themselves up by the bootstraps, becoming self reliant, and becoming fully in control of their lives. It is much easier to succumb to the slight-of-hand trick to point the finger at those who strive to better themselves and their quality of life (greedy bastards!) as the problem makers of society instead of at the hidden social engineers who are razing the free-market social order and rendering the world entire to poverty, despair, and enslavement for all.