PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the economy?

humanalien
16th November 2012, 16:49
All through-out obama's campaign, he kept saying that
the economy is better than it has been since the bush
days, but is it really?

Just a day or so, after obama's re-election (stolen votes),
The economy started on a downward swing. The dow has
gone down between 4 to 5 hundred points since obama
got to keep his office.

Now we got hostess twinkies closing down every one of it's
factories where they make twinkies and wonder bread. The
people being laid off is about 18,500. All manufacturing is
down around 1 to 2 percent. Is this a sign of more to come?

Prisons, that normally keep their inmates, until death, are now
freeing inmates with medical problems, because it cost the states
to much money, to take care of these people. Is this another
sign that the economy is far from getting better?

Has anyone heard of any other major lay offs lately?

conk
16th November 2012, 18:36
The problem with the economy? Blood sucking vampires with no conscience are making the rules and controlling the game, that's what's wrong. And we've been convinced we live in a world of lack, when in fact the universe is abundant and giving.

TigaHawk
16th November 2012, 18:39
he kept saying that
the economy is better than it has been since the bush
days

John Howard promiced us we'd never see a GST in his lifetime. He's the same person that brought one in years later.

Julia Gillard promiced us she'd never give us a Carbon Tax. I think you know what happend there too.

I am pretty sure its safe to accept the fact, Government Lies purely to steal votes.

I look at the economy in Australia, i see so many company's announce layoffs, yet turn around a month later at end of financial year with big smiles, pats on the back all around on TV as they happily announce record profits.

Whats up with the corporations? Cant afford to keep on staff, must cut costs, yet turn around and announce record profits? When they lay people off, close up shop, that effects alot of people. And for what.. "look at me, i have so much money its impossible that i spend it all in 1 lifetime! BUT I NEED MORE!!"

????

Ive given up trying to understand, it's just going to do my head in.

soleil
16th November 2012, 18:48
i dont have anything to add, bc i'm canadian...except "eek"

Hip Hipnotist
16th November 2012, 22:05
"Now we got hostess twinkies closing down every one of it's
factories where they make twinkies and wonder bread."

Well, wouldn't you know it. Now, thanks to Obama, no more Twinkies or Wonder Bread and I'm about to loose half my
weight control clients.

What about Hostess Cupcakes? Are they still in production? If not, there goes all my weight control clients.

At least they haven't closed down the tobacco companies -- yet. When that happens I'll need to find another career. ;-))

SilentFeathers
16th November 2012, 22:19
Won't be long and China will be making 100% our food too.....we'll be embalming ourselves while eating all this Chinese made food, thus eliminating the need for a mortician also.

It wouldn't surprise me if almost all caskets are made in China now too......

GCS1103
17th November 2012, 13:52
It would take you no more than 30 minutes on the internet to know what's up with the economy. We simply cannot support the tremendous amount of money given to certain social problems, no matter how wonderful these programs make us feel; we must stop sending our jobs overseas, specifically to China; we must put a stop to class warfare, because that is a powerful tool to divide our country as witnessed in the last election and the people that suffer the most from this tactic are the middle class workers; and, as selfish as this may sound- we need to spend our tax dollars helping the people in this country first and not overseas.

Look for new austerity measures in this country, just like in Greece. The money tree has lost all it's leaves - it had to eventually. The very wealthy will not be affected, those people who live on government largess may see a decrease in benefits and the middle class will watch what little they have, be lost.

SilentFeathers
17th November 2012, 14:10
It would take you no more than 30 minutes on the internet to know what's up with the economy. We simply cannot support the tremendous amount of money given to certain social problems, no matter how wonderful these programs make us feel; we must stop sending our jobs overseas, specifically to China; we must put a stop to class warfare, because that is a powerful tool to divide our country as witnessed in the last election and the people that suffer the most from this tactic are the middle class workers; and, as selfish as this may sound- we need to spend our tax dollars helping the people in this country first and not overseas.

Look for new austerity measures in this country, just like in Greece. The money tree has lost all it's leaves - it had to eventually. The very wealthy will not be affected, those people who live on government largess may see a decrease in benefits and the middle class will watch what little they have, be lost.

The irony is that most of the hardcore Obama supporters are gonna be the ones who get the axe first and suffer the most initially....the dominoes are falling now and their cell phone minutes are running out and soon the entitlements/social programs will not cover a months rent nor feed their families....

Obama says that the voters spoke and the Bush tax cuts do not need to be extended further (for the top 2 or 3%). The grand illusion....

Nearly 50% of the nation didn't vote for Obama, what about them? This is more proof of the great divide. Regardless, the next 6 to 12 months will clearly show what the Obama administration is up too (but most Obama supporters will still wish him to somehow have a third term as president).

Another illusion is the push to buy gold and silver....one really needs to have strong teeth and a massive digestion system to survive on gold and silver!

For what one would spend on a 2 or 3 ounces of gold and a couple pounds of silver, one could instead use that money and easily buy a couple years worth of storable foods.....which would be much more easy on the teeth and big time better for the digestive system.....

Common sense is more important right now than anything else, people need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, I personal believe that the current system is beyond the point of no return and is heading for the septic tank at almost light speed in the big scheme of things.

nimmer
17th November 2012, 14:20
"Now we got hostess twinkies closing down every one of it's
factories where they make twinkies and wonder bread."

Well, wouldn't you know it. Now, thanks to Obama, no more Twinkies or Wonder Bread and I'm about to loose half my
weight control clients.

What about Hostess Cupcakes? Are they still in production? If not, there goes all my weight control clients.

At least they haven't closed down the tobacco companies -- yet. When that happens I'll need to find another career. ;-))

You know, if the fattest nation in the world cannot support the cupcake industry something is terribly wrong! I never really believed in the whole '2012 end of the world' stuff, but now I'm not so sure... :eek:

gooty64
17th November 2012, 15:16
3RKQCjr0Ons

4XFDF1Gjh_Q

gripreaper
17th November 2012, 15:57
You know, if the fattest nation in the world cannot support the cupcake industry something is terribly wrong! I never really believed in the whole '2012 end of the world' stuff, but now I'm not so sure... :eek:

Riots in the streets, people rushing about getting as many boxes of Twinkies as they can to store up for the future (they last 30 years ya know), pushing and shoving each other. Is that Dennis Leahy standing in line?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/17/article-2234292-16124198000005DC-476_634x398.jpg

"Ho Ho's" and Cup Cakes are flying off the shelves! Wait a minute, is that gooty64?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/17/article-2234292-1611C7C1000005DC-398_634x516.jpg

It's worse than preparing for a hurricane. The stores are empty and out of "Ding Dongs"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/17/article-2234292-16122F35000005DC-566_634x390.jpg

Throngs of people gather to pay their final respects to "Ho Ho's" and "Ding Dong's".

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/09/article-2170949-13FDD0AC000005DC-557_634x424.jpg

Hundreds of thousands of mourners gather in front of thee confectionery...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/25/article-2091505-11738CCE000005DC-768_634x434.jpg

And this woman weeps profusely and blesses the last truckload of "Twinkies" with a gentle touch as it leaves the plant.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/09/article-2170949-13FDD0BD000005DC-518_634x425.jpg

And Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez "cut short" their make-up/break-up dinner to rush out and get as many Twinkies as they can.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/17/article-2234363-16131E24000005DC-75_634x673.jpg

This poor woman needs someone to go to the store for her before it's too late! Anyone willing to help this poor woman?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/14/article-2014731-0D02A3FD00000578-787_468x459.jpg

It is definitely a sad day in America. Would any of you care to join me in a moment of silence and remembrance for the greatest confection to make it to planet earth?

I implore you to be sensitive to this. This is HUGE!!!

SilentFeathers
17th November 2012, 15:59
It's amazing what many people will do to eat more toxins!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-du21nwIWicA/UKfLbPYt7EI/AAAAAAAAD4c/Ff1xuuq5-f0/s500/Death%2520of%2520the%2520twinkie.jpg

gooty64
17th November 2012, 18:22
"Ho Ho's" and Cup Cakes are flying off the shelves! Wait a minute, is the gooty64?

er, NO! Do you see any freckles on that man in the photo?
Besides my sunglasses fell off because my hands were full---it's not me---you can't prove it.:madgrin:

gooty64
17th November 2012, 19:01
Is that dick Cheney lower left pallbearer?

It's amazing what many people will do to eat more toxins!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-du21nwIWicA/UKfLbPYt7EI/AAAAAAAAD4c/Ff1xuuq5-f0/s500/Death%2520of%2520the%2520twinkie.jpg

Hip Hipnotist
17th November 2012, 19:38
"Is that dick Cheney lower left pallbearer?"

Dick Cheney's time is coming. And when he 'goes' they'll be carrying out a big DICK and not a big twinkie. ;-)

Now close your eyes for a moment and imagine what that will look like. ;-(

Hey, I didn't say it would be pretty. ;-))