PDA

View Full Version : Positive Response (from TruTV) On 'Shadow Operations' Feedback

jagman
17th November 2012, 08:17
I have been gone for a few days but when I got back in town, I checked my email and
I had recieved this email from TRU TV.
Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:30 PM Thank you for taking your time to submit comments, opinions, and feedback to truTV! It is very important to us to know what our viewers are thinking and feeling because pleasing you is a top priority!

We truly value your suggestions, and consider them seriously. Because of the high volume of e-mails we receive, it is not always possible to respond to all e-mails, but we do read and consider all viewer input.

Thank you for watching truTV!

I was just wondering if anyone else had recieved this email from TRU? This could be a
form email that they send but I still thought it was nice that they responded.

modwiz
17th November 2012, 08:40
I have been gone for a few days but when I got back in town, I checked my email and
I had recieved this email from TRU TV.
Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:30 PM Thank you for taking your time to submit comments, opinions, and feedback to truTV! It is very important to us to know what our viewers are thinking and feeling because pleasing you is a top priority!

We truly value your suggestions, and consider them seriously. Because of the high volume of e-mails we receive, it is not always possible to respond to all e-mails, but we do read and consider all viewer input.

I was just wondering if anyone else had recieved this email from TRU? This could be a
form email that they send but I still thought it was nice that they responded.

I agree. Any response is welcome. It is satisfying to know we are heard. Being acknowledged is very important to us.

Taurean
17th November 2012, 10:20
And of course your email address has just been verified.

Bill Ryan
17th November 2012, 19:14
-------

It's definitely a form response, which is simple to set up as an automatic reply. What we do not know (one way or another!) is whether the feedback is being read and noted by any human being.

:)

avid
17th November 2012, 19:20
Platitudes - what we need is reaction and positivity! Automated response = they are floundering. Get back to all of us asap TRU TV!!! Live up to your USP!!!;)

christian
17th November 2012, 20:01
I agree. Any response is welcome. It is satisfying to know we are heard. Being acknowledged is very important to us.

I'm seeing through this devious remark. Made me laugh, to be quite honest, but I think it's better suited for a real stand-up performance. Plus, I can't help it, in situations like this I'm always reminded of "sarcasm comes from a hurt idealist," whoever said that.

http://www.jimis-cyberstore.com/store/media/live-long-and-prosper-tee-shirt-cbs114b.jpg

modwiz
17th November 2012, 20:40

I'm seeing through this devious remark. Made me laugh, to be quite honest, but I think it's better suited for a real stand-up performance. Plus, I can't help it, in situations like this I'm always reminded of "sarcasm comes from a hurt idealist," whoever said that.

http://www.jimis-cyberstore.com/store/media/live-long-and-prosper-tee-shirt-cbs114b.jpg

I was being sincere in what I was saying to Jagman. My own stance regarding things may be jaded, but I chose to not share that and be positive instead. Jags is a good guy.

christian
17th November 2012, 21:48
I was being sincere in what I was saying to Jagman. My own stance regarding things may be jaded, but I chose to not share that and be positive instead. Jags is a good guy.

He sure is. Anyways, I think that being acknowledged, and then with such a flimsy response, doesn't really mean a lot at all. :hat:

Because to me this is like giving power to someone else, who can decide whether or not to acknowledge me, and I'm appealing. I wanna just do and create accomplished facts where it doesn't matter whether someone accepts that or not, because it doesn't change the reality I create(d).

Mozart
18th November 2012, 02:12
-------

It's definitely a form response, which is simple to set up as an automatic reply. What we do not know (one way or another!) is whether the feedback is being read and noted by any human being.

:)

I agree with Bill and I got the exact-same response from TruTV, to wit:

Thank you for taking your time to submit comments, opinions, and feedback to truTV! It is very important to us to know what our viewers are thinking and feeling because pleasing you is a top priority!

And I agree with Kerry that TruTV tried to kill Shadow Operations.

I mean, think about it ... NO ADVANCE ADVERTISING WHATSOEFFINGEVER.

How many of those damn TV networks air pilot shows WITHOUT advertising it heavily on their own networks? I don't know the full history of every single pilot show that has been aired on various networks with or without substantial advance TV advertising on their own -- and other -- networks, but it's safe to say that putting on a pilot show without substantial advertising, let alone ZERO advertising or even advance notice to the main characters in the show(s) has got to be VERY RARE.

But thank God that we here in Avalon saw it on the schedule first and we got the ball rolling. It at least got rated, but it's the post-show reactions -- the vast majority of them being positive -- and the repeated showings on You Tube that surely have been noted by the production company, uh, what was the name ... fish, something?

Anyway, it's likely the push from the production company that may well get TruTV to accept the idea of doing a series on Shadow Operations.

~Mozart