PDA

View Full Version : Prison Show

SKIBADABOMSKI
20th November 2012, 15:51
Today was a special day.

We were booked to do a show in a prison. This is the first time that Japan has allowed street entertainers or any style of comedy into any facility of this kind.

We had organized this ourselves and found one prison interested.

Photo's weren't allowed for obvious reasons but a photographer was seen taking snaps of us and the pictures will most probably stay inside.

I was weary but excited and we had quite a dark show lined up which I won't go into much detail about but the boss of this prison was nearly crying with laughter when I pretended to pull a small bag of cocaine from an inmates shoe and called the guards.

It's very difficult to explain but these people were the purest adult audience I have ever entertained. They laughed through their hearts instead of their guts.

They were very weary of us. All 800 of them sat separately with different colored overalls indicating different crimes in which I insisted on not knowing.

They practically laughed throughout the entire show and were all ordered to sit down throughout the entire performance but at the end they refused orders and all stood up giving me my first ever standing ovation.

This was about several hours ago and I can't stop thinking about why the energy was so amazing. Japanese and all asian prisons can be very brutal and strict and I could see in their eyes the types of life they have lived. (not too different than mine)

Then tonight the boss man calls us up and says that he is sending us a certificate of merit for opening the doors to a new way of reforming and inspiring inmates. Apparently the inmates were all copying what we did and have been raving about it and I can feel it.

Don't really know why I'm making a thread about this but I feel that I learned a lot of things today. Especially about the ego and how fake and dumb the rich really are. But most importantly hearing laughter come from the heart instead of gormless gut laughter was priceless.

I can see and feel peoples energy whilst performing and have performed globally for 20 years but never have I experienced anything like today.

Thanks for reading.

As you were...

Ski-

Corncrake
20th November 2012, 15:56
A HUGE well done! What an inspirational story - no wonder you feel so moved. I do too just reading about it.

truth4me
20th November 2012, 16:01
Thats great! When you spread joy and happiness your spreading love....great job!!!:thumb:

onawah
20th November 2012, 16:10
Ski, I looked at your website and it appears you do a kind of old style vaudeville, is that right?
I like the name you've chosen for yourself, Funny Bones, which brings to mind a wonderful movie by that name.
To read about the film, see:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113133/plotsummary
and you can watch it free on youtube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG2ZS5hjRqk
Some of the vaudeville acts that were featured in that movie are absolutely delightful, and turned me into me a vaudeville fan.
I loved your story too.
I hope you have many more opportunities of that kind.
Break a leg!

Mozart
20th November 2012, 16:25
WOW!

Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing, first-person, real-life experience!

I humbly bow deeply to you for such an awesome inspiration, Ski.

Kimberley
20th November 2012, 17:16
Yes SKI, thank you for sharing your joy, love, and laughter with us here in avalon and in the prison!

Much love! :grouphug:

RMorgan
20th November 2012, 20:32
Hey Ski,

That really should have been a really unique experience! :)

Folks, check out Ski´s work. He´s got a comedy duo called Funny Bones:

YbHDjM_blbM

Awesome work mate! I´m really impressed!

Cheers,

Raf.

Ps: You should teach Bill to do those cool hat tricks! :)

Rollo
20th November 2012, 22:42
What a wonderful exchange, comedy performance for the honest laughter. Well done Ski

Strat
20th November 2012, 23:36
Ski, you are by far the most interesting person I've ever met on an internet forum. Kudos to you!

WhiteFeather
21st November 2012, 03:06
Thanks for sharing your bliss with your family here on Avalon. Blessings to you and what you do. Awesome!

sandy
21st November 2012, 04:08
Hi Ski,

I have worked in Maximum Security Units in Federal Penitentiaries and what you have done to being light to these people is just pure awesome!! You touched their souls and received their light in return and my greatest hope is that they will find away to keep the light shining now that they have let it in!! What is absolutely just the best is that you may get to repeat this again in another institution real soon :) as kudos's from these types of institutions is very rare from my experience thus word will spread and hopefully you will be in demand :)

Thank You Ski, you truly are a beautiful BEING ~~~~~~~

GCS1103
21st November 2012, 05:09
You have brought the wonderful gift of laughter to a prison where it is probably rarely heard. I do believe that you have made some of these people very happy and took their minds off their personal troubles for a while. You were feeling the energy of their pure joy in being entertained by you and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

mosquito
21st November 2012, 05:44
Well done Chris !! That was truly inspirational, proof if ever it were wanted that simply opening up, being yourself and giving yourself is the best way we can influence people, nothing fancy or hoity toity needed. And I imagine that it will live for you as an amazing experience for the rest of your life. I take my hat off to you.

westhill
21st November 2012, 13:33
"Then tonight the boss man calls us up and says that he is sending us a certificate of merit for
opening the doors to a new way of reforming and inspiring inmates."

Humor is the best kind of magic.