PDA

View Full Version : Strange Coincidence

aranuk
23rd November 2012, 01:59
I came out of retirement to take on a big restoration job renewing lots of stones on an old building. I started the work on November the 1st and I was calculating how long it would take to complete the project. I have chain pulley organised and many stonemasons working every day. I calculated that the job would end completely and I would get final payment on the 21st December 2012!!
How about that for a co-incidence my job ending at the same day as the end of the Mayan calendar!!
I still am grinning about it. Maybe I will begin my transformation on the day after, who knows?

Stan

crosby
23rd November 2012, 05:24
how exciting for you. i am sure that your transformation will begin just as you suspect it will. many blessings to you.
warmest regards, corson

bram
23rd November 2012, 14:38
;)
I came out of retirement to take on a big restoration job renewing lots of stones on an old building. I started the work on November the 1st and I was calculating how long it would take to complete the project. I have chain pulley organised and many stonemasons working every day. I calculated that the job would end completely and I would get final payment on the 21st December 2012!!
How about that for a co-incidence my job ending at the same day as the end of the Mayan calendar!!
I still am grinning about it. Maybe I will begin my transformation on the day after, who knows?

Stan

You'd better hope you can finish on time then

conk
23rd November 2012, 17:07
Upon reading your post my first thought was of Tom the Builder from The Pillars of the Earth. Have you read the books, The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End? Ken Follett. Tom was a stone mason, hoping to land a big job building a cathedral. This would be lifetime employment, as it took decades to built. Most excellent books, hands down two of the best books I've read.

Here's hoping you get paid before the Earth blows up! ;)

Chester
23rd November 2012, 19:35

Stan

You are already awesome to me man... so I can only imagine what you might be transformed into after Dec 21!

Mark
23rd November 2012, 20:04
Sounds like a fun job! Enjoy, I'm sure it will help in your preparation for your transformation on the final day! :)

WhiteFeather
23rd November 2012, 23:59
Your double dipping Stan. Nice that you have shared this with us. And may your project be a timely one.

Whippet
24th November 2012, 02:32
I calculated that the job would end completely and I would get final payment on the 21st December 2012!!
You know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men..."

aranuk
24th November 2012, 05:55
I calculated that the job would end completely and I would get final payment on the 21st December 2012!!
You know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men..."

Are you quoting the Scottish bard Rabbie Burns? .....gang aft astray? It is totally synchronistic! :p

Stan

PS Incidentally, there have been many plans aborted, redefined, re-evaluated, in order to come to the final conclusion. The original plans went aft astray so many times they are finished! The setbacks including delivery of suitable materials, etc, etc, etc, have produced this final conclusion. If the original plans had been possible I would have finished the job by now, so you are right.

Jules
24th November 2012, 06:46
John Steinbeck is the author. Out of this, I wish to say a story. My mother was dating a man in MO, he and she had a connection with him, but he decided to go on a writing adventure to California (Monterrey area to San Francisco) to achieve his writing destiny (John Steinbeck inspired), and he asked my father to look after her while he was away. During the time my father spent time with her while he was away, and dad fell in love with mom and had me in the making of that. Well, because of me, dad and mom got married. Ironically, mice and men, plans gone astray. After that, there was the young couple's struggle in my existence, mom dying with 4 kids later, dad with priorities in bridge, further education, fishing, and other things above everything real family. We survived, with memories of perfect 50's in his history to multifamily hippy era. I love my mom, my father, and what I can in beauty of nature and the earth. I don't understand, but try to be the best in love. When it is impossible, I distance myself, I remember that the best defense is distance, but when love needs to be acknowledged, I do it. I pray for being the best I can. That is all I can do, so it is of others. My friend keeps telling me, we choose our birth and destiny, but I think... The world is crazy.