PDA

View Full Version : My father died.

jagman
25th November 2012, 04:28
My father passed away today. He had a heart attack at 10:00 a.m. this morning.
I have helped take care of him for the past couple of years because his health was
bad. He lived right next door.He was far from being a perfect man but I loved him.
His name was Rick. He loved fishing camping and the outdoors. When I was a little kid
when i would get sick he would set up with me all night long and take care of me.

My mother is very upset, So I need to check on her. Avalon, Make sure you all tell
your loved ones how much they mean to you. Jason

T Smith
25th November 2012, 04:33
My condolences. Sorrow is part of our journey. Embrace it. You will find love and your father's eternal light.

ViralSpiral
25th November 2012, 04:39
Heartfelt condolences, with thoughts of peace and courage to you Jason.

Dennis Leahy
25th November 2012, 04:40
Jason,

Sorry for your loss. I don't know you well enough to know for sure your understanding/feelings/beliefs about spirit, but I know he is in spirit form, yet again, and shining brightly. Hold your memories dear, as he holds you dear.

Dennis

Flash
25th November 2012, 04:59
Truly sorry for you and your mom Jason.

Sending heartfelt love to you and your mom.

ghostrider
25th November 2012, 05:02
Hang in there Jagman, heaven needed him more than earth.

GCS1103
25th November 2012, 05:05
Jason, my friend-

I am so sorry for your loss, that I can't express it properly in words. Having been through my dad's death too, I understand the numbness and grief you are feeling.
I hope you are given strength to help your mom and family as well as yourself in the next few weeks. My heart and love go out to you during this sad time that all of us inevitably experience during our life, at one time or another. May you be blessed with peace.

Love,
Goldie

Jules
25th November 2012, 05:08
So sorry about your loss. I know he appreciated your help in what you could do. Your father must have been proud in all that you did for him. Best wishes . Love, you were good. Thank yo jagman...

David Trd1
25th November 2012, 05:26
My condolences on your loss.

Fellow Aspirant
25th November 2012, 05:27
Jason
I'm saddened by your loss. I wish for your grieving to be for as short a time as possible.
Namaste
Brian

markpierre
25th November 2012, 05:29
God bless you Jagman. We can't dilute what you feel right now because it's important that you feel it fully. But we can help you dilute regret if it lingers.
I lost my dad quite unexpectedly back in 90, and I struggled against the impossibility of it for a very long time. I thought I believed at the time that there was no such thing as death, but since I've been shown directly. I just misunderstood it.
If your dad is like most everyone else, he's in a state of pleasant surprise right now, maybe even amusement. If you lack certainty over that, I have plenty. You can have some of mine.
And it might be helpful for you both if you can let him know that you know he's there, and just be with him. He'll be worried about you.

love ya mate

onawah
25th November 2012, 06:06
Jagman, please be comforted by the thought that your dad is really not that far away at all; he's just on the threshold of a wonderful new adventure...

Mandala
25th November 2012, 06:18
I am so sorry for your loss jagman. It is so difficult to lose a loved one especially a parent. I know you will cherish the memories with your Dad. He will always be with you.

truth4me
25th November 2012, 06:19
My mother died back in 2003 and at times I miss her more then ever. The point is do the best you can and I'm truly sorry for your loss......

DeDukshyn
25th November 2012, 06:24
An integral part of life. And so it is. How little we may appreciate life without it.

You are strong Jagman, of course, and extend that strength to your mother. Sending strength. Appreciate life.

enfoldedblue
25th November 2012, 06:34
Just adding my love to the beautiful bouquet of love and support presented here for you and your family on this page.
LOVE ALLways, c

jagman
25th November 2012, 07:02
My mother told me to tell you all thank you all for kind thought's. I also want to thank you all. You guys really are a special group that I'm proud to be a part of.

Snookie
25th November 2012, 07:06
So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I lost my Dad in '93, also of a heart attack.

A year and a half before he had his final heart attack he had an NDE. That experience changed him...for the better. He told my uncle after it happened that he wasn't afraid to die. I think he knew he didn't have much time left because he bought Mom a beautiful set of diamond earrings for their 44th anniversary. When we told him he should wait till their 45th he said "no I have to do it now". After he passed my Mom told me he appeared to her to tell her not to worry, everything was fine. He must have known that she would soon follow as she passed away a year and 7 months after him.

Tane Mahuta
25th November 2012, 07:08
Hi Jag, sorry to hear about your father. I know what you're going through. Been there myself.

TM

Daughter of Time
25th November 2012, 07:10
My thoughts go out to you and your mom.

May you remember only the love.

Limor Wolf
25th November 2012, 07:13
My thoughts are with you, your mother and family, Jagman, Thank you for the good advice ,there, towards the end of your words, insgihts are invaluable when coming from someone who knows and feels. Much love and comforting thoughts to you.

Nanoo Nanoo
25th November 2012, 07:14
One week after my father past away i went to a bar and asked all my friends to be with me.

I made a compilation of all my fathers favorite music, which ended up being about 6 hours. I asked the venue to play all the cd' s all night and we drank and celebrated his life and laughed at how much we miss him.

Forgiveness of ones shortcomings never hits you so squarely as when they pass on.

Rick, sail on my dear friend and be amongst the gods as you smile on and shine like the starry sky :-)

Bless you

N

Star Tsar
25th November 2012, 07:30
Sorry Jason stay strong brother...

Tony
25th November 2012, 07:40
Your parents must have done something right, like love, for you to live next door to them! Jason you are a good person, I send all my love to you, your mother and the rest of your family.

Rick, may you be guided by the love we all send you.

Tony

Tarka the Duck
25th November 2012, 07:59
Dear Jason

It was good to be reminded how close a son can be to his father.
Much love to you and your family.

Kathie

Life asked Death, " Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death replied, "Because you are a beautiful lie, whereas I am a painful truth."

witchy1
25th November 2012, 08:36
Dear Jason please accept my sincere condolences. It is never an easy time, but time will assist. Stay strong and pass on my regards to your Mum.

Perhaps you might find some comfort in this very old poem

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
:angel:
Much love to you and your family

The One
25th November 2012, 08:58
My friend so sorry for your loss, i am sending love to you, your mother and family.

:grouphug:

778 neighbour of some guy
25th November 2012, 11:09
My condolances to you, your mother and loved ones, i wish all of you strenght and love and mutual support.

Thank you for your last words in the Op, its something i really should do more often.

Regards

Edgar

Ammit
25th November 2012, 11:33
I am sorry to hear of this Jagman, my condolances to you and your family.

Fred Steeves
25th November 2012, 11:47
Hi Jason, it's like an amputation of sorts isn't it? Still so close...Their vehicle in the driveway with the keys waiting in the usual place, food of choice sitting in the fridge, clothes still hanging in the closet, and favorite place to sit waiting in vain. Very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, mine left this world just this past Tuesday himself, so I know exactly how you feel.

Even through the sadness, I see it as a rich human experience, one that only a parent can provide. Their last parting gift to us so to speak. When the time is right, going through old pictures with your mom will give you some good laughs, and some good cries together. She will especially need that.

We always know that given normal life spans our parents will preceed us in death, but that doesn't make it any easier when it actually happens, does it?

778 neighbour of some guy
25th November 2012, 11:57
@ Fred

mine left this world just this past Tuesday himself, so I know exactly how you feel.

My condolances to you and your loved ones too Fred, i wish you all, all strenght and courage you wish and need.

Odd how this can make one run out of words to say, nevertheless i wish you and all others who have to face this at this or any other time all the best.

Hug too man!!

Take good care of yourselves.

MK777
25th November 2012, 13:30
Jagman,

I hold you in a loving embrace for there are no words to express the grief. I cry with you so that you find relief. I send you healing so that you may find peace and comfort. My heart and sympathy go out to you and your family.
MK

Elly
25th November 2012, 13:31
Jagman, my condolences to you and your family. Being there for him in the last couple of years is admirable.

Hi Jason, it's like an amputation of sorts isn't it? Still so close...

It is exactly that. My father passed away two years ago, and it is like a part of self that leaves you. My condolences to you Fred.

Much love and peace.

Lifebringer
25th November 2012, 13:41
Its sometimes a confusing place to be, when a loved one has been sick, and the illness may have been taking it's toll on the body. If he was happy to be home around his loved ones when it happened, I'm sure he was right there out of body, and confused, but they may have told him it was his time. He is there with you and knows how much you and your mother loved him, and that will allow him peace on his journey. It's hard to say goodbye no matter the time, I have taken this advice and been telling my children how much I love them and that they make me proud to be their mother. They are very well balanced, and looking forward to a future, they will make great medical staff with patient bedside manners and respect. They love the elderly, because they know there is so much wisdom to absorb, just being around them. I pray the burden of grief is replaced with the happy times and knowing that you all loved each other for the time you had on this earth, the best you can.

Godspeed go with LOVE and peace of knowing he no longer suffers the heart/pump problems. I lost my Dad at 22 from aneurism that was undetected after a transplant, but i got to see him in the hospital after the surgery before it burst, and he was happy. He was 42 and wouldn't you know it, someone left a medical book and it fell out my hands on the chapter of aneurisms a week before his surgery. Somebody was helping me to understand that an aneurism undetected is like a ticking time bomb of weakened blood vessel that can erupt at any time. When his kidney was put in, he had 3, and it was working soon as they put it in, so well, that the aneurism filled with blood and burst. It took a long time for me to accept I lost a very valued friend, i was a "Daddy's lil' girl" It takes time, but realize, that it's a experience in grief of a loved one/parent and all the souls must leave at their appointed time.

Love and peace jagman.

sleepy
25th November 2012, 13:43
xxxx xxxxxx

MorningSong
25th November 2012, 14:20
To Jagman and Fred... I send you each a virtual hug .... may your loved ones who have passed on give you their support from the other side.

OBwan
25th November 2012, 14:28
The attached file is the NLP Grief Resolution Process. This process has been miraculous for many people (including me) to find peace with the loss of a loved one.

Loving memories are recalled after one gets past the grieving. Many people who I have guided through the process have considered this to be the greatest gift they have ever been given.

My desire for posting this process is to allow others to have the loving memories of the people that have made the transition, to be easily remembered.

Twinsel
25th November 2012, 14:29
May the guardians of love be with your father dear Jagman. A candle for him, as a symbol of his eternal light.
http://images.catchsmile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Candle-6.gif

spiritguide
25th November 2012, 14:53
Jagman,

Know that his spirit will forever be held within your and his loved ones heart energies. His spirit will be with you always.

Peace be with you and yours!

Woody
25th November 2012, 16:34
Sorry to hear of your loss jagman, i believe the spirit goes to a better place.
Kind regards,
Woody

Knowrainknowrainbows!
25th November 2012, 16:50
My sympathies to you and your loved ones, Jagman.
May your grief subside as you find comfort in loving friends, family, and fond memories.
He is only a thought away.
KRKR

WhiteFeather
25th November 2012, 16:59
My deepest condolences to you and your family Jag. As Im sure Rick is working on a new soul journey as we speak. His energy still exists as energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Jag Please know the consciousness of death is just as spectacular as the consciousness of life. All my Love to you and yours.

Vince

Dennis Leahy
25th November 2012, 17:03
... Very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, mine left this world just this past Tuesday himself, so I know exactly how you feel.

Fred, sorry to hear of your loss as well. I know that you know your dad is in spirit, and vibrating at a much higher frequency. With as many synchronicities as there are, maybe, just maybe, your dad and Jason's dad, Rick, are hanging out together right now.

Dennis

seko
25th November 2012, 17:09
Be strong Jason. Death is part of the cycle of life.

Let me send you a big hug and a pat on the back!!

Ki's
25th November 2012, 17:33
My condolences Jagman and Fred...I'm so sorry for both of your losses. Prayers and heart energy to you both.

Kristin
25th November 2012, 20:00
Big love out to you Jag. You've had an interesting year. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

From the Heart,
Kristin

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Fred, Love out to you too buddy!

Mark
25th November 2012, 20:01
Blessings to you and yours during this time of tribulation, Jason. Take care of yourself and your family, I send condolences and intentions for the highest potentiality of his life and his effect upon you and your family, as well as others, to manifest as you all move forward.

I send the same to you and yours, Fred.

Poly Hedra
25th November 2012, 20:33
My heartfelt condolences to you, I take comfort in the knowledge that lost loved ones are still with me, comforting me and giving me a little nudge along the way.
Love to all your family and I think your dad was a really lucky guy to have you. Xxxxxxx

Marin
25th November 2012, 20:39
Jason - sending warmth and love to you and your family.

So beautiful to see such support here on Avalon.

(Warm wishes to you too Fred.)

Ontarioguy
25th November 2012, 22:51
My condolences to you during this most difficult time. With my own father at 80 right now, I am not looking forward to when I have to say farewell. Beaming prayers of comfort toward you and yours!!

Alan

Carolin
25th November 2012, 23:10
So very sorry for your loss Jagman!! Sending love your way!

Love
C

blake
25th November 2012, 23:24
Hello Jagman,

I am sorry to hear that your Dad died. I remember when my parents died, it was a such shock to my system. One understands death eventually comes, but somehow, at least for me, it seemed so very far away, and then it just happened without notice. So your words are so wise to tell your love ones today how very much you love them, before the unexpected might happen.

It took me forever to stop thinking about my parents. And I cried deeply for so very long, not right away, but after all that needed to be done was done. Everyone reacts differently to grief, and have their own way of working through the pain. Some people can feel it deeply immediatley, while others have a delayed reaction, and some of our deepest grief can come much later, in waves after waves, until they finally, with time start to appear wider and wider apart until they sometimes come no more.

Jagman, I would like to add to what so many well wishers have already sent you. I send thoughts of light, and comfort as you and your Mom find your way through this overwhelmingly hurtful grieving process, and that you, and your Mom are supported greatly in your grief as gently as possible.

Jagman, perhaps you have heard of this before, but often, I have noticed when a loved one dies, whether it’s right away, or a month latter, that they leave uncanny messages, many symbolic in some way, for the love ones to stumble upon. I believe they do this to let the living know all is well with them. I think that many of the messages are sent to bring a smile to their one ones, as if trying to acknowledge that they understand their grief, but it is really the living that is suffering and not the one who passed on, for they are on a new adventure. So as the poem goes miss them a little but not too much as life needs to be tended to and enjoyed. I send warm thoughts that any messages your Dad is sending gets through to you, and your mom at the right time, and that they bring a smile of awe that he was able to do such wonder. May the brightest of blessings be with you, your Mom and your Dad.

Fred, my sincere blessings to you in your grief as well. I remember having the same thoughts and focus that you shared: the car still in the driveway......... sometimes grief is good to us as it numbs us to our deepest feelings until we are ready to feel them.

Sincerely,

Mr. Davis

J0urney
26th November 2012, 00:40
Much love and condolences. Peace to you and your family.

jagman
26th November 2012, 00:46
This was my father favorite song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM&feature=player_detailpage

thunder24
26th November 2012, 00:46
Just saw this thread Jagman, Im very sorry to hear. You know what I'm going through, not easy... my condolences for u and ur family...
peace

Rocky_Shorz
26th November 2012, 00:53
This was my father favorite song video=youtube;St6jyEFe5WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM&feature=player_detailpage

hey Jag sorry to hear, but glad to hear you had time to spend with him, in todays world, not many do spend time with loved ones before they pass...

gripreaper
26th November 2012, 01:19
This was my father favorite song

Wow Jason, what a beautiful rendition of this song, a great eulogy to your father. May he fly with the angels and know peace, and may you feel the fulness of all that your journey with him exemplifies, and may the fruits of that journey cast shadows way into future generations and bring joy to all who touched his life, and yours.

And you too Fred. It has been a real pleasure to watch your evolution over the last few years, the growth in your wisdom and your heart. You made your father proud, which is a testament to the seeds he planted in you and the fruits which are bursting forth in your soul.

Camilo
26th November 2012, 01:27
Sorry for your lose Jason. I hope you can find peace in the remembrance of the good times you both shared together and in the understanding of his passing as a part of life. Best wishes.

sandy
26th November 2012, 01:28
Dear Jagman,

My heart and love goes out to you and your family now and in the days ahead :hug:

M6*
26th November 2012, 01:50
Jason,

Many of us here are sharing tears with you over your loss. Strangely, enough it does seem to help....as much as anything can....when others surround us with love
and mourn with us when we are in the depths of grief. There are no words of course....but we can feel the love as it passes through us. I respect you so much for
being there for him when he needed you. Stay strong for your Mom and I send my love and condolences to you both. Melanie

gripreaper
26th November 2012, 01:50
Here's my prayer for you, that you be lifted up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faKFcfytlxU

M6*
26th November 2012, 02:05
Fred,

My condolences and Love to you and your family as well.

When my mother died a medium showed up "out of the blue" and did a reading over the telephone. She told me things NO
ONE KNEW BUT ME and said, "Oh they're here right now"! and proceeded to guide me through a 30 minute conversation
over the telephone with BOTH of my parents!! They were SO HAPPY... with the cat on her lap and the dog by her side....that
I could not possibly wish them back here just for me. At the time I knew NOTHING (Well, not much anyway), of the things
we talk about here on Avalon. Take care now, and do the best you can with each day as it comes. Melanie

CdnSirian
26th November 2012, 02:09
Jagman I'm late to this thread - and could echo all the above heart-felt and loving comments to you and your family.

After my parents died I felt like an orphan. Yet there I was a grown up with huge responsibilities. Life moves us on...

I feel for you in your adjustment period. You'll see the signs, and know you are still in communication..I think. Love and peace to you.

M6*
26th November 2012, 02:23
Hi Witchy 1

There is a beautiful Choral arrangement of this poem for women's voices. (I believe it is a China Chinn Arrangement, if memory serves me right.)
It came to me at a time when I needed extra strength, and provided an extra dimension to the poem. The women to me that night sounded almost like angels. M6*

M6*
26th November 2012, 02:30
Dennis,
I may have called you "Fred" for some strange reason.
Anyway, maybe at times like these we can really believe that we "All are One"!
Take Care, M6*

M6*
26th November 2012, 02:33
Dear CdnSirian,

It is never too late to add your condolences. Besides, many of us come back to
check on the posts for a long time after they are posted. Glad you are here. M6*

gripreaper
26th November 2012, 02:37
Hi Witchy 1

There is a beautiful Choral arrangement of this poem for women's voices. (I believe it is a China Chinn Arrangement, if memory serves me right.)
It came to me at a time when I needed extra strength, and provided an extra dimension to the poem. The women to me that night sounded almost like angels. M6*

there are two renditions of this poem, one by Katherine Jenkins,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgigJ0nzbw&feature=relmfu

and one by Libera,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOIfHey8eo

but this one has no one singing this poem. It is better listened to in silence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxawiWqf4gA&feature=related

Referee
26th November 2012, 02:52
Jason,

I am sorry for your loss your family is in my prayers.

Kevin

Shamz
26th November 2012, 02:55
Jagman,

Sorry for your loss and may your mother bear it with strong heart...

you can console her that its all well in the end, tell your mom that he is Home - True home... and that you all be together someday...

love to you you all...

Sidney
26th November 2012, 03:04
Jagman, My deepest condolences to you and your family. Remember this, your fathers life has not ended, but has turned a page and started a new chapter. I am certain he will be close to you in spirit forever. Much Hugs.

Earth Angel
26th November 2012, 03:12
sending you my best wishes to cope with your loss, but know that your father is always with you , he will help you through this just as you are helping your Mom

gripreaper
26th November 2012, 03:15
Man, I'm feelin it tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx-UP1Pa-Ao&feature=related

shadowstalker
26th November 2012, 03:43
My condolences, and my love to you and your loved ones...

Kimberley
26th November 2012, 18:11
Jason adding my love and condolences for your and your families loss.

I still miss and will always miss my father who passed on 19 years ago 2 weeks after his 59th birthday. However I know he is still with me. He even poppes into my dreams from time to time. I like it when that happens. :-)

Much love! :hug:

conk
26th November 2012, 18:44
Blessing for him, you, and all of your family. Make sure you grieve properly. Don't hold it in. And do continue to speak with your dad! He is listening.

Rocky_Shorz
29th November 2012, 02:59
Hey Jagman,

Thinking of you and hoping you and your family are ok...

I always loved this song...

Here's my prayer for you, that you be lifted up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faKFcfytlxU

Debra
29th November 2012, 03:36
Sending some more love from here Jagman. Gorgeous thoughts have been conveyed here on this thread. Sounds like you have been and continue to be a wonderful son.

zebra

RunningDeer
30th November 2012, 19:17
Hello Jagman,

I must be in la-la-land. I've missed this thread. May Peace and Light be the bridge to assist You and your Family in the hours, days, weeks, and months ahead.

With Heart,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

Grumpy Cat
30th November 2012, 21:40
I'm so sorry to hear that, but remember: things can only get better.

I lost my dad over two years ago and I still shed a tear from time to time, but it is comforting to me to know that he is still out there somewhere.