PDA

View Full Version : Close Your Facebook Account seriously ...wake up

Vitalux
2nd December 2012, 05:05
I have for years been telling others to not use facebook, but few, if any listen.

Here is a youtube video in which the CIA is openly admitting that it is the best thing since slice bread for them to gain intelligence about people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sThcwmx3rs

We worked so hard to ensure our privacy and yet so many are addicted to this site.

what are your thoughts?

dpwishy
2nd December 2012, 05:11
To pick love over fear....

You could come up with a million ways to change your life because of the powers that be, but I choose love over fear.....

Vitalux
2nd December 2012, 05:15
For me it is nothing to do with fear but common sense.

dpwishy
2nd December 2012, 05:24
Personally for me its another outlet to spread the message. To not go on there and spread the message, common sense wise or not, would stem at its deepest sense from fear.

Fear wants bigger locks, more seclusion, more anonymity. You can call it what you want, but its just playing around with words....

But thats just my opinion,
Much love

johnf
2nd December 2012, 05:29
It's the onion, it is a spoof, not real news, and is a few years old.

watchZEITGEISTnow
2nd December 2012, 07:46
To pick love over fear....

You could come up with a million ways to change your life because of the powers that be, but I choose love over fear.....

I too am coming to this conclusion - I avoided FB for years, until I realized it was due to fear... Well now I have one but I don't use my real name, and just upload a lot of esoteric/truth stuff....

I'm starting to believe that being "in their face" is a far more effective way of basically saying - I just don't care, you do not scare me.

:)

modwiz
2nd December 2012, 08:04
I have for years been telling others to not use facebook, but few, if any listen.

Here is a youtube video in which the CIA is openly admitting that it is the best thing since slice bread for them to gain intelligence about people

We worked so hard to ensure our privacy and yet so many are addicted to this site.

what are your thoughts?

I refuse to even click on a facebook link. I never liked the weasel who owns it and his behavior only confirms my initial revulsion. The emotional reasons for using it or liking it are impenetrable. Emotions seldom respond to logic. They are from different dimensions. Literally. http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30323-Simon-Parkes-about-Mantis-Aliens-Reptiles-and-other-aliens.&p=591594&viewfull=1#post591594

Besides, all the above doesn't make me right. Just my opinion and............feelings.

Maunagarjana
2nd December 2012, 08:10
The only thing I love more than The Onion is when people mistake an Onion article or video for a real news report. But it wouldn't be funny if there wasn't some truth to it.

"400 Billion Tweets and not one bit of useful data was ever transmitted." :haha:

modwiz
2nd December 2012, 08:14
For me it is nothing to do with fear but common sense.

it is also about voting. What we do, support and pay for is the only non-rigged votes we get. Use them wisely, I say.

christian
2nd December 2012, 08:22
My thought is, that it's a system that can be powerfully used against them. Not to say that it's of no benefit for them as well, but we can use it more productively than they, if we want to.

So I guess some of the facebook-bashing comes directly from those people who use it to analyze and control. They wanna siphen out those who are actually kind of awake and who do care.

Student_Energy_Healer
2nd December 2012, 13:19

what are your thoughts?

LOL!

I needed a good laugh. I just love the onion network! I subscribed to their youtube channel years ago.

On a more serious note, I'm sure there is always a level of truth to satirical humour.

....however, claiming "undeniable proof" via a satirical comedic show can severely damage your chances of being heard seriously.

Hawkwind
2nd December 2012, 20:26
I'd be very much surprised (maybe even a little insulted) if I didn't already have a file at a few alphabet agencies. If they want to add the fact that I like "The Shawshank Redemption" to their files, more power to them. I've connected with a few old friends through Facebook and made a few new interesting contacts there. So, the cost/benefit ratio seems favorable. Besides-if they're tracking people there, they're sure as hell tracking people here. Install a Farraday cage in your personal bunker, stock it with a two year supply of rations, guns and ammo... sooner or later, we all die anyway.

gripreaper
2nd December 2012, 20:37
All I know is, if Facebook fails, then where will I go to see endless pictures of cute puppies and kittens playing with each other?

Nanoo Nanoo
2nd December 2012, 20:44
The funds generated from back end downloads? Thats where its going.

Find the sheppard, not the sheep :-)

N

eaglespirit
2nd December 2012, 21:01
Just put this post of mine from Here and Now on facebook and it is in line with all of my posts on facebook as are all of my friends on facebook pretty much in line with the new alignment...it IS a good thing!!!

Prompted to share my current promptings with you.
In my day to day moment to moment meet ups with people that I get the upper green light to open up to a bit I simply talk to them about general things at hand and then introduce myself and get their first names and then I ask them what they know or have heard or feel about the 2012 thing and many of them say oh you mean the Mayan thing or somesuch 2012 twist and I say yes and then I suggest to them to go to their favorite place in nature on the 21st or 22nd or 23rd or I ask them what their favorite thing to do is, Ya know, like golfing...and I suggest to go do that or go to their favorite course and simply hang out or walk around if they cannot play a round...or I ask if they have any loved ones that have passed on that were very dear to them and to think of them on those days as though they were right there with you...or go to your favorite beach or whatever gives you peace or calm or a good feeling and just enjoy it and listen to the quiet and try to be a bit more attentive to what is going on around you and some such things, and other such matters that matter to them. Getting alot of smiles and curious looks in return and thank yous and we will try to do that kind of responses...and more thank yous...and some have asked me more questions...and, and, it's working....have already done this with a good handful of folks...I share some of my experiences if it feels right and that door opens also...been a good thing so far : )
Gonna be a great Solstice, methinks!!!!
Aho!

kaon
2nd December 2012, 21:57
I agree with the others who say the video is a spoof. HOWEVER, there is a lot of truth to it. Law enforcement has admitted to using facebook and other social network sites to gather information although I think that Federal agencies a more mum about it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that intelligence is being compiled and stored by misc govt agencies from those sites.

I find it frightening what I have read on facebook and twitter. I am often baffled why some people see it fit to post their personal information along with all of their baggage. A prime example is a relative's musings. She is young and really has no clue as to what she is doing. The poor girl has employment problems and any prospective employer who visits her pages and reads what she has written will certainly scream NEXT! Corporations big and small are utilizing the social networks.

I have also seen identity theft (related to my work) where information has been extracted from social networks. The information extracted has been used by ID theft rings and other criminal elements.

In my opinion, the downsides far outweigh the upsides when it comes to social networking.

BTW, I am sure Mark Zuckerberg has a loft apartment at the NWO hotel.

PS: I forgot to add that facebook has tracking cookies. Personal information is clearly being packaged.

enfoldedblue
2nd December 2012, 22:17
Hi,

(first I should say I haven't watched the youtube as my connection in the forest is too slow)

When I first found out about facebook I looked into it and at the time there were several videos suggesting that it was linked to CIA etc. I don't know if it is true or not, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me, in fact I would be more surprised if they hadn't managed to get their dirty claws involved somehow. But I choose to be transparent; I’ve got nothing to hide. I mean if they really wanted to I’m sure they could send nano tech cameras into my house and record everything I do, if they could be bothered.

I actually find facebook generally quite boring, but it is absolutely fantastic for mobilizing community. For example I have organized a sculpture show on a beautiful organic farm. Before facebook it would have been very difficult to get the word out...printing posters/fliers distributing them etc (half the people who picked up the flier would leave it at the bottom of a bag and forget about it.) With facebook the process is not only incredibly easy, but also so much more dynamic and alive.

Through facebook this event has become quite magical. A local protest group has offered to organize to sell fresh biodynamic meals as a fundraiser. The local circus school as come onboard and will do some performances. We have people from all walks of life offering to play music. People are commenting, sharing links, inviting friends.....

Like most things it has the potential to be used for good or bad...

CdnSirian
2nd December 2012, 23:49
Nothing is all bad, not even Facebook.

Simonm
3rd December 2012, 00:08
FB is a just a tool. OK, so it can be monitored by those that wish to learn about the users, but so can so many other things. If people are so stupid to put their lives on it then they deserve all they get. I use it, but only to keep in touch with those that live in other countries. What makes me laugh is those people that turn into total morons after joining it. Some of the things they write are unbelievable. :)

Fellow Aspirant
3rd December 2012, 02:31
Actually, if it wasn't for a Facebook group called "The Universe and The Extraterrestrial Life" by a Kay Hearle, I would never (perhaps that's an exaggeration!) have found Project Camelot four years ago. It continues to be a rich source of esoteric info, including some items that show up on this forum 3-4 days later. I highly recommend it. Ironically, there's an item on there today posted by a young Indian woman warning of the need to express caution when posting anything on facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_CMXujWbLU&feature=youtu.be

As an example of the site's leading edge content, have a look/listen to this take on the Bohemian Grove history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95oBuHZRs00&feature=youtu.be

So, there are really useful things on Facebook, if you look around. As usual, discernment is always better than blanket condemnation.

Namaste!

Sidney
3rd December 2012, 03:10
Yup its a spoof, but it is mostly true. A well done spoof at that.

bram
3rd December 2012, 03:13
My son told me facebook died on the day people started getting friend requests from their parents....

gooty64
3rd December 2012, 03:47
Overall, I like facebook. There are some drawbacks to it but much more positives -imho.
I was a very anti computer person until late 2007 when I needed a computer for my small business.
I needed to use facebook to promote my store, I had a vintage furnishings business and there wasn't enough money for advertising so facebook was great.
Then I got my personal FB account and I use it sparingly.
The best thing about Facebook was the year and a half that my brother was dying, I would post photos everyday of my puppy or yard for my mom to look at and comment on. This helped her through some hard times and gave her something to look forward to and to make cute little comments on.
I have reconnected with college friends and enjoy seeing what they are up to.
Facebook haters don't make any sense to me. You can control how deep you go into on Facebook. What's the big problem?

PS, I was mortified to see on FB that my long lost beloved cousin is a Romney/Ryan supporter.

modwiz
3rd December 2012, 04:07
All I know is, if Facebook fails, then where will I go to see endless pictures of cute puppies and kittens playing with each other?

The here and now thread. :cool:

johnf
3rd December 2012, 04:17
This is my favorite onion piece
http://www.theonion.com/video/zombie-reagan-raised-from-grave-to-lead-gop,14385/

Operator
3rd December 2012, 04:42
Those who think privacy is not all that important:

It's the same like they said about the differences between a computer virus and ostensibly innocent spyware ...
A computer virus can ruin your computer but spyware can ruin your entire life !!

They do not only monitor you ... they can (and will) use it to mess up your life + that of your relations.
The fact that they didn't do that yet is no guarantee they will start tomorrow. Let alone the predators
apart from the alphabet agencies.

It sounds tough to say you have no fear. But it is not about fear. Just try to deal with e.g. a situation
where they manipulate your ATM card and block it for a week. Practice it by keeping it in a drawer for
a week ... you will miss it in a day or 2.

Whiskey_Mystic
3rd December 2012, 06:10
http://www.theonion.com/video/zombie-reagan-raised-from-grave-to-lead-gop,14385/

No, no, it had to be this one. So many people fell for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfXuk6aWJc&feature=fvsr

torti
3rd December 2012, 07:01
I think Facebook is unavoidable. You may choose to not use it, but the vast majority of people you know, do. Facebook, and all electronic communications, is slowly killing the face to face, one on one human contact we have been accustomed to in the past. As the mentality of Facebook sets in, all other forms of general communication fall away.

So in saying that, I personally, find it almost a requirement to get a 50/50 effort towards communication from some people. People I care about. Without it, I feel like I am the only one putting an effort to a friendships, separated by oceans. It is sad, but for me, it is true.

I stopped using my real name on FB about 2 years ago. It makes it a lot easier to weed out the people who add you as a friend just to say "hey, I have 7584621 friends!". Maybe less than once a week I will put up a personal status, but the majority is all positive quotes etc.

I think it doesn't matter about the CIA or any other "group" sourcing information. They WILL get that info, regardless. They can (and do) monitor your emails, all your browsing history... everything. Just because it is not public knowledge, doesn't mean it is not happening.

Maunagarjana
3rd December 2012, 10:37

This is mine: http://www.theonion.com/articles/person-who-will-one-day-become-warlordruler-of-wha,27406/

angelahedgehog
3rd December 2012, 11:40
You can control your privacy options on Facebook, good rule of thumb is don't put anything on Facebook that you wouldn't want a three letter agency to know. If you're tagged in a compromising picture, remove yourself from the picture and set your security preferences and create a "professional" profile to give to employers who feel the requirement to snoop - until the law is proven and there's a precedent, you may have to give a potential employer access to your profile - unless of course you feel up to going to the lawyer yourself.

The thing is, it seems that the sleeping, daft and sheeplike are the type of people that tptw want to encourage on Facebook because among other things .... maybe they think pop music is good, they buy tech and they have really simple opinions that show absolutely no depth of thought. Its easy to interpret for marketing research if its simple - If you're awake, they probably don't want you disrupting the balance, pointing out which emperors have no clothes etc. Sure we know its nigh on impossible to wake up a sleeping sheep until they're at the end of a rem cycle ... But maybe continuing to try will eventually see something get through.

David Icke, Neale Donald Walsh, Paolo Coelho .... They can't get their message through without the assistance of social media .... And now Facebook has made it so that you have to pay in order to reach more people, so it's even more important for the awakened masses to share information to their friends because the sharing from the original source dropped since FB went public.

On a slightly separate note, I think sometimes of those people who go live off the grid and I think Gee that's awesome, I'm well jel .... But a part of me is also sad because they've divorced themselves from making any decisions by being consciously involved in the same reality as the majority .... Same with not participating in social media - there's strength in numbers....

Anyway it's just an opinion and I don't want to get into a whole lot of debating about one sentence. Thanks.

Operator
3rd December 2012, 12:45
You can control your privacy options on Facebook, good rule of thumb is don't put anything on Facebook that you wouldn't want a three letter agency to know.

Well nice try, but it doesn't work that way. The thing you cannot control is the very purpose why it exists in the first place: building social networks.

You may behave as a good law abiding citizen but it's not only about you. It's about who do you know and vice versa.
If other people mess up and claim to know you, you will automatically be 'attached' to the stigma they create.

There is a very good (but sad) example from WW II in the Netherlands. The authorities had very good records about who is who.
The downside of this was that it was very convenient and effective for the Nazis to raid areas and deport a lot of Jews and
other groups they didn't like.

So again, what doesn't seem a problem now may be a significant problem in the future when situations change.

spiritwind
3rd December 2012, 13:22

I know they're not playing with each other but they're still pretty cute.

http://thumbp15-ne1.thumb.mail.yahoo.com/tn?sid=14636699089772967&mid=AMPjimIAAUtUULyl4wT8XnhiCZA&midoffset=2_0_0_1_91610&partid=2&f=1258&fid=Inbox
http://thumbp15-ne1.thumb.mail.yahoo.com/tn?sid=14636699089772967&mid=AMPjimIAAUtUULyl4wT8XnhiCZA&midoffset=2_0_0_1_91610&partid=3&f=1258&fid=Inbox

Seriously though, some very good thoughts for and against facebook. I would lean more towards saying in the long run it’s probably not a good idea to have one although I do. I use it both for family/close friends as well as a few who are scattered about the country that I would not be able to easily stay in touch with otherwise. I do post some commentary about things like GMO’s. I almost feel this is too important to not use all recourses available to us to get the word out about. And I have had a few people who, after seeing my frequent postings about this topic, finally asked me about it. But, my husband and I have discussed the whole technology issue (as in where as a society we are headed with this) and have decided we want to completely pull our focus away from tech. of all sorts (except, of course, my husbands music equip.) and just get back to simple living. Can’t wait to get out of the city. There are many topics I do not post about though, even though I have a few very outspoken friends on there who do, partially because of the mix of friends who might see them. I’m not out to have more drama in my life, nor create unnecessary conflict. But, it was the quickest, easiest way to post pictures of my son and daughter-in-law’s recent wedding available. You know, really important stuff! Anyway, I’ll use if for now until I don’t anymore.

angelahedgehog
3rd December 2012, 13:46
You can control your privacy options on Facebook, good rule of thumb is don't put anything on Facebook that you wouldn't want a three letter agency to know.

Well nice try, but it doesn't work that way. The thing you cannot control is the very purpose why it exists in the first place: building social networks.

You may behave as a good law abiding citizen but it's not only about you. It's about who do you know and vice versa.
If other people mess up and claim to know you, you will automatically be 'attached' to the stigma they create.

There is a very good (but sad) example from WW II in the Netherlands. The authorities had very good records about who is who.
The downside of this was that it was very convenient and effective for the Nazis to raid areas and deport a lot of Jews and

So again, what doesn't seem a problem now may be a significant problem in the future when situations change.

You know, you could be damned by association because of many things. My great grandfather was put into a concentration camp during the Anglo-Boer war for being Afrikaans. My grandfather was put in a concentration camp during WW2 for being Italian.

The point is they got out, it set a precident the world moved on .... Seems to me you're more likely to be rounded up for expressing an opinion on a forum than by anything you could possibly do on Facebook.

TargeT
3rd December 2012, 18:39

You know, you could be damned by association because of many things. My great grandfather was put into a concentration camp during the Anglo-Boer war for being Afrikaans. My grandfather was put in a concentration camp during WW2 for being Italian.

The point is they got out, it set a precident the world moved on .... Seems to me you're more likely to be rounded up for expressing an opinion on a forum than by anything you could possibly do on Facebook.

I work with an intelligence brigade; we refer to "face book" (hell, most the internet too) as "Open source Intel" and this is the source of probably 75% of our actionable intel.

Facebook trends is where the real money is at, that and Meta-data, it doesn't even really matter what the content is (though content can be a gold mine of intel also). Trends tell almost everything about you, something as simple as not updating your profile in a manor you normally do is all that is needed, or updating it more often.

once the magnifying glass is turned your way it's very hard to hide anything with out a deep understanding of what is looked for.

Facebook was built to be an intel collection device, funded originally by InQtel (a known CIA money front) and headed up by a VERY questionable Zukerburg (mossad? I'm not sure, he is definitely "off" however) the data they gather based on willingly provided information is astounding.

This is accurate:
DIGdWsxHJlM

This is the velvet glove of oppression.. the honey coated razor blade, I choose to not participate & do not have a facebook account (and even that tells something about me).

gooty64
3rd December 2012, 18:48
May I point out the painfully obvious here?
You are posting here on an online forum for all the world to see!
I'm just guessing here but, i think Avalon forum might be monitored by the PTB, CIA, FBI etc.
Can't every single thing be monitored now? Like everything online and on cel phones?
Just asking?
Is the about not getting on one of the Govt. FEMA camp lists?
What is the fear about facebook?
Do you really think you can keep your gun collection private or your anti-govt leanings to yourself?
Just asking?

TargeT
3rd December 2012, 19:39
May I point out the painfully obvious here?
You are posting here on an online forum for all the world to see!
I'm just guessing here but, i think Avalon forum might be monitored by the PTB, CIA, FBI etc.
Can't every single thing be monitored now? Like everything online and on cel phones?
Just asking?
Is the about not getting on one of the Govt. FEMA camp lists?
What is the fear about facebook?
Do you really think you can keep your gun collection private or your anti-govt leanings to yourself?
Just asking?

because facebook is built for information collection, forums like this still take a bit of work to dig through.

for example:

What is my name? first or last, can you answer that?

what city was I born in?

Where was I last night?

What do I normally do on saturday nights?

all of these questions and MUCH MUCH more can be answered on facebook, the general population willingly enter information when prompted to, these go into databases that can build very sophisticated data models and trend lines, these trends are so powerful that Google Trends could track (& predict) flu outbreaks WEEKS faster than the CDC (center for Disease Control) who's entire existence is meant to do just that...

facebook is BUILT to do these things, this forum is not; it is still a source of intel. you are not wrong on that, but its like comparing a race between a grey hound and an F-16... there really IS no comparison.

I work in information technology, you "pointing out the obvious" in this mannor simply tells me that you do not work in an IT environment.

Daughter of Time
3rd December 2012, 19:41
Facebook is to the masses what Avalon is to us. It's an important tool of communication for many. It's a way to reach people whose contact information one no longer has, that is, if they are on facebook and using their real names.

I've been told that the guy who started Facebook was recruited by the CIA to start the network. And while the CIA has many means of gathering information, Facebook, being so huge and popular, is a very easy way to do it. But ultimately, they can only gather the information one gives them or posts.

I have an account which was virtually forced on me by colleagues for reasons I won't get into. I don't use it because I find it a waste of time, that is, unless I get a message I have to respond to. I have not published my address, phone number, or any other information. As much as I don't see much value in having a Facebook account, I don't really see any harm in it either.

Hervé
3rd December 2012, 20:21
How Facebook and the internet are used by these alphabet soup agencies:

In 2011, the CIA revealed its Open Source Center (https://www.opensource.gov/public/content/login/login.fcc)where recruited personnel are used as government trolls to “analyze” websites for information pertinent to the objective of the US government – meaning discrediting targets on certain websites. Under the guise of conducting business intelligence (i.e. cyberespionage), the Open Source software gathers digital data on targets; including all Facebook posts, Twitter posts, comments on website threads. Those assigned to monitor this data can interact with users online through anonymous portals. Agents are designated to surveillance operations to message anyone, analyze political and religious speech, assess trends and conduct electronic eavesdropping through cell phones, satellites and other digital apparatus.

Agents not only survey the internet and interact as anonymous persons through directed postings, but also are deployed to wander through the streets domestically and in foreign nations to monitor newspaper and other printed media to extract useful information about the temperament of the general public.

When professional trolls want to attack for copyright infringement, they may combine defamatory comments across the internet with a fraudulent DMCA notice of takedown, to discredit a source of information that they feel threatened by.

The EFF have reported on copyright trolls (https://www.eff.org/issues/copyright-trolls)that experiment with claiming copyright infringement to “extract settlements from individuals.” These trolls “try to grow businesses out of suing Internet users.”

Professional trolls litter the court system with frivolous lawsuits based on wild accusations of copyright infringement in order to wear down the victim as well as hoping to squeeze monetary restitution for fraudulent claims. The members of the alternative media as well as readers need to be aware of these individuals who are cloaked in truth yet rife with disinformation. Their intention is to cut off the free flow of information on the internet and stifle voices that are exposing truth for their own selfish gains.

Full article: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/12/01/cia-trolls-infect-the-net/

Operator
3rd December 2012, 20:36
because facebook is built for information collection, forums like this still take a bit of work to dig through.

facebook is BUILT to do these things, this forum is not; it is still a source of intel. you are not wrong on that

Yes, correct.
The tools/applications in the category called "Social media" are typically designed for that.

And yes, forums are more work to wade through but even things like friends list or a score on what type of posts you
push the 'Thanks' button for gives away parts of your profile. I deliberately stay away from certain threads ;)

I choose to not participate & do not have a facebook account (and even that tells something about me).

haha, you reminded me:
One private thought he could be a wise guy during one of my intel classes. It was about fully clearing a camp site
and leave nothing behind. He said that the Russians would be more than delighted to find his playboy magazine.

But I told him with a straight face that such a stupidity even tells something how well the logistics are if he has one
of the latest issues. ;) People simply don't realize how much leads they leave behind.

It only takes a very conscious and trained person to find them.

DeDukshyn
3rd December 2012, 21:20
REASONS, REASONS!

"The 'Reason' I don't use Facebook is .... and I'm right!"
"The 'Reason' i DO use Facebook is ..... and I'M right!"

"Reasons" is what you're controlled with -- it is the bars that make the cell that traps the mind, bars of iron, bars of brass -- what difference does it make? Facebook is irrelevant.

Simonm
3rd December 2012, 21:50
Those who think privacy is not all that important:

It's the same like they said about the differences between a computer virus and ostensibly innocent spyware ...
A computer virus can ruin your computer but spyware can ruin your entire life !!

They do not only monitor you ... they can (and will) use it to mess up your life + that of your relations.
The fact that they didn't do that yet is no guarantee they will start tomorrow. Let alone the predators
apart from the alphabet agencies.

It sounds tough to say you have no fear. But it is not about fear. Just try to deal with e.g. a situation
where they manipulate your ATM card and block it for a week. Practice it by keeping it in a drawer for
a week ... you will miss it in a day or 2.

But they don't need FB to do any of that.

Poly Hedra
3rd December 2012, 22:15
I agree that FB is a tool. I would say that as soon as you are on the internet you're personal information, likes and dislikes, what videos you watch and what search words you use on Google are readily available to whoever wants that information. Now that Google and youtube are now one. THey now have you're emails, search history, what videos you watch, websites you frequent, how long you stay etc etc. FB is no different.

TargeT
3rd December 2012, 22:39
I agree that FB is a tool. I would say that as soon as you are on the internet you're personal information, likes and dislikes, what videos you watch and what search words you use on Google are readily available to whoever wants that information. Now that Google and youtube are now one. THey now have you're emails, search history, what videos you watch, websites you frequent, how long you stay etc etc. FB is no different.

not true at all.

This is why FB is so bad, because it DOES make that info easy to access; it's not as easy to gather the info that facebook has as people think (unless your getting it from facebook of course), it CAN be done but it takes a very large amount of work by very speicalized skill sets; not at all easy to do. (though it is best to act as if it is, and if you use face book, well then it is ;) haha)

Poly Hedra
3rd December 2012, 23:06
Sorry, that sentence isn't very clear. I meant the information is readily available to any agencies or government, not the general public.

WanderingRogue
3rd December 2012, 23:17
(TargeT) for example:

What is my name? first or last, can you answer that?

what city was I born in?

Where was I last night?

What do I normally do on saturday nights?

*enthusiastically raises hand very high* PICK ME!! PICK ME!! I can answer all of that!

I saw what you did on Saturday night..... :behindsofa:

But, don't worry, I wont tell all of your secrets. :gossip:

gooty64
4th December 2012, 00:50
PM me if you want to be friends on Facebook!:cantina:

Virma De Ris
6th December 2012, 00:54
It only depends in how much of yourself you put out there. Even in this forum you can get tracked by what you post. It's as simple as reading a thread as a guest. Anyways I hardly post but I had to show a positive example where the power of social media is actually waking up a large group of people.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17885266

I was amazed that it reached the mass media in the USA. Our island has been ravaged by crime for too long. I do hope that the ball keeps rolling. I'm sad yet grateful for this man's sacrifice as it might just needed for a group of people (an entire island) to make change.

Blessings to all.

soleil
6th December 2012, 13:31

No, no, it had to be this one. So many people fell for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfXuk6aWJc&feature=fvsr

after hearing the bill,please cast your votes.... (is that a joke? it was mostly classified!) :confused: