PDA

View Full Version : Question for my fellow Avalonians. Passing the knowledge.

kaon
7th December 2012, 16:04
I am having a lunch with my 19 year old son tomorrow and I plan on introducing him to project avalon. He lives with his mother and is currently a second year college student. We will share some rare quality time together for a couple of hours. He is very open minded and I believe he should be reading here at the very least. Whether he does or not remains to be seen, but I feel that withholding the enlightening subjects and people here would not be fair to him.

I think it is very important to get our younger generations enlightened, but many seem to be steered more by technologies (computers, cell phones, games) and the material aspects of life.

Have you introduced your sons and daughters? If so, have they taken an interest in our forum and subject matter?

Thank you in advance for your input.

RMorgan
7th December 2012, 16:21
Hey mate,

I donīt have any kids, but if I had, I would be careful introducing one of them in this environment.

You have to be absolutely sure that heīs got a strong mind and enough discernment, otherwise, he might be easily brainwashed by some ideas and concepts exposed here.

Places like this are only healthy for people who can think for themselves and arenīt easily influenced by others.

So, my advice to him is :

Come here and read as much as you want, but always with an unbiased mind and investigative spirit.

Donīt incorporate something into your mindset just because itīs written on a cool website or well presented on a youtube video. If you feel like some material exposed here rings truth, do your own investigation about it before simply believing it.

Donīt ever blindly believe anything without questioning. Thereīs lot of beliefs packed as truths here.

Donīt believe something simply because it "resonates". Resonance can make beautiful music but can also tear down the strongest fortress.

Be open minded, but make sure to develop a strong "firewall" for it.

Cheers,

Raf.

soleil
7th December 2012, 16:28
i always thought about starting with alan watts (for when my daughter grows up)...
if he is open minded, theres nothing to lose! he'll either be enlightened, or he wont. i've been learning that im here to observe and help those who want to help themselves...i realize, i cannot help anyone who doesnt feel that there is anything worth knowing...

christian
7th December 2012, 16:55
Throw 'em into the wind. Life is always a struggle and a challenge in a way. You cannot make people be perfectly safe and comfortable. But you can help them becoming involved in situations that can facilitate the necessary growth that enables them to deal with everything. So use your intuition, tell him what you feel he can stomache and respect that he's going through his own challenges, myriads of them, they may seem trivial to others, but are surely meaningful to him. Just my 2 cents.

markpierre
7th December 2012, 16:58
Allen Watts. Much more reliable, with no meaningless patter. This is a social outlet for people caught between their idea of enlightenment and their fear.
Useful, but nothing to do with enlightenment.

Talk to him about what interests and concerns you, then trust him. He might not ware his burdens the way you ware yours.

binemaya
7th December 2012, 17:01
Hi,
I have introduced my son in the things he wanted to ... itīs always only a suggestion and often we start discussions and try to understand each other more and more, itīs fun, really! Try it :fish:

Sidney
7th December 2012, 17:04
IMHO- I don't think anyone would get "brainwashed" by reading the subject matter here.

I would just tell him if he has any questions or wants your opinion of any of the subject matter, to be sure and keep the lines of communication open. And if nothing jumps out at him or he is disinterested that, thats ok too. We all have our individual path. But I believe its good to lead him to the path, if he wants to walk down it great, if not, then its not time for that person to take that walk yet.

Sibyl
7th December 2012, 17:49
If anyone asked me about enlightenment, I would first teach them several ways of going within...meditation, dreams, intuition, etc. As far as material to be found in books or on the internet, I think learning discernment, and/or how to think for oneself is of most importance. The massive volume of nonsense out today is almost unbelievable, and it becomes a matter of opinion as to what one will believe for a time before they go on to the next subject. In fact, for me, It’s all a matter of opinion, and what one chooses to believe that’s important for each individual.

What I believe would probably put many into shock as it did to me for sometime, but I had many years to sort things out...as best as can be sorted out, lol. For example: In meditation, I learned about reptiles and other beings before I looked up David Icke, and even though it was a bit mind blowing for awhile, intelligent reptiles have became a part of my paradigm. But...I don’t know if I’d even try to explain that one to someone like my christian mother, lol.

My kids already think I’m weird, and if I accidentally spout out something about aliens or UFO’s, they just sit and stare ahead of them. You can see the glaze come over their eyes as they go into shut down mode. I went through a period of self-righteousness, thinking I knew what was best for others, and have learned a huge lesson in allowance. When they are ready to know something, they ask.

Snookie
7th December 2012, 18:00
I have learned a lot from the posts on this forum.

If your son is curious I'm sure he'll find some of the threads here peak his interest. I would caution him to not make up his mind about any new subject he encounters right away (I know that's tough) but as he keeps researching he will come across other information which will lend credence to it or not. As David Icke has explained that he has a perception of reality at this moment, but is very willing to change his perception as new information becomes available.

Nanoo Nanoo
7th December 2012, 20:12
If it were me id beintroducing my kids to a good yoga school. Perhaps qi gong classes and meditation. This would be far more effective in enlighting them than reading the bunk you find inside the alternative media.

To be honest if they dont know who they are yet, then most of this infowill confuse them.

N

4evrneo
7th December 2012, 21:34
I planted the seeds very effortlessly. As I was going through my awakening, I talked about it with my kids, (age 22 & 25). They very naturally are curious and asked me alot of questions. Sometimes I just gave them enough to answer from my perspective and have always told them to search for themselves if it resonates with them.
My son is a provisional member already but hasnt posted much yet as he works alot of hours. My daughter mostly skips any research and just picks my brain whenever possible.

I highly recommend intoducing yoga, meditation etc as well.

Even the family dog is curious :)

Teti75
7th December 2012, 22:25
The teacher comes when the student is ready
The road is long and complicated, each undertaken by different search paths inside.
Give it a try one topic at time.
If he doesnt learn from you, will learn from someone else
Or life itself.