PDA

View Full Version : Nurse involved in Kate Middleton HOAX call from the Queen found dead today

Earth Angel
7th December 2012, 16:08
wow they really don't waste any time do they!!
http://abcnews.go.com/International/nurse-hoaxed-queens-call-found-dead/story?id=17903539#.UMITvHcQH4g

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1207/edward-vii-hospital.html
Worker found dead after hoax call to hospital treating Kate Middleton
Updated: 16:03, Friday, 07 December 2012
inShare
The hospital said it had been supporting the nurse The hospital said it had been supporting the nurse

A nurse who was working at the hospital that treated the Duchess of Cambridge when telephone hoaxers called earlier this week has been found dead.

Jacintha Saldanha was found at an address near the King Edward VII Hospital in London this morning.

The hospital said in a statement: "We can confirm the tragic death of a member of our nursing staff, Jacintha Saldanha.

"Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII Hospital for more than four years. She was an excellent nurse and a well-respected and popular member of staff with all her colleagues.

"We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital. The hospital has been supporting her at this difficult time."

Hospital chief executive John Lofthouse said: "Our thoughts and deepest sympathies at this time are with her family and friends.

"Everyone is shocked by the loss of a much-loved and valued colleague."

Scotland Yard said the death was not being treated as suspicious.:tape2: :confused: :jaw:

sure a perfectly stable nurse suddenly killed herself over this??

Flash
7th December 2012, 16:16
British media reported earlier Friday that the woman was found unconscious this morning at an address in central London. She could not be revived.

The Sun reported that the death was unexplained but headlined the story for online searches as “Tragedy as woman who answered Kate hoax commits suicide." The Daily Mail, another prominent British tabloid, said she was found close to the hospital at which Ms. Middleton was staying until Thursday and that two ambulances were dispatched.

“Paramedics were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead at the scene,” the paper reported. “Officers from Scotland Yard launched an investigation yesterday and are treating the death as ‘unexplained’. The exact cause of death remained unclear. However, one source indicated that the woman appeared to have killed herself.”

The woman unwittingly played a role in a radio stunt on Tuesday when two Australians disc-jockeys phoned the hospital. A woman answered and one of the callers, putting on a hokey accent, asked for “Kate ... my grand-daughter,” the implication being that she was the Queen.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-royals/uk-hospital-nurse-who-took-kate-prank-call-found-dead/article6078780/

This one will go on as being suicide, once again. Nobody will want to take care of Kate anylonger.

soleil
7th December 2012, 16:20
oh THATS not suspicious..... :rolleyes::alien:

The23rdman
7th December 2012, 16:24
The wheels keep turning.

Shade
7th December 2012, 16:31
That's horrible. Deeply sad. And seriously it's not actually suspicious... trauma and shock can make a person do things like that if indeed it was a suicide. There is not an even close to plausible agenda scenario that would require the nurse dead. That's just frikking delusion gone deluded. Deepest condolences to all concerned. Love to the woman's family, to Kate and the Royals as well. I actually think they are decent human beings, and must be also saddened by this tragedy. And genuinely at that.

greybeard
7th December 2012, 16:35
This is of this moment.
She was lambasted on Twitter etc.
Social networking can be quite vicious---people write things they would never say face to face.

Chris

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/royal-hoax-call-receptionist-commits-suicide-144751515.html#NaXZ1hF

Snookie
7th December 2012, 17:35
Although it is possible that this woman committed suicide, in my opinion it's more likely there was something more nefarious involved. If you listen to interviews that Kevin Annette has given on Red Ice radio; http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/07/RIR-120731.php
you will hear about many many children suddenly disappearing never to be seen or heard from again after "Lizzybeth" and Phillip visited schools where First Nation children attended. I find that deeply troubling as well as highly suspicious.

Kevin Annette is a former Minister of the United Church who woke up to what was happening, and is speaking out about the residential school abuses.

Carmody
7th December 2012, 18:12
Although it is possible that this woman committed suicide, in my opinion it's more likely there was something more nefarious involved. If you listen to interviews that Kevin Annette has given on Red Ice radio; http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/07/RIR-120731.php
you will hear about many many children suddenly disappearing never to be seen or heard from again after "Lizzybeth" and Phillip visited schools where First Nation children attended. I find that deeply troubling as well as highly suspicious.

Kevin Annette is a former Minister of the United Church who woke up to what was happening, and is speaking out about the residential school abuses.

That is an important subject to keep alive, and discussed.

As ugly as it may be. The discussion, as a form of continuance, is probably part of what is keeping the people who are speaking out -- alive. It's the kind of subject, data, and discussion..that the time it recedes from public view...is the point that the darkness creeps in and kills them off. As in, after a quiet spell, where no discussion takes place, those involved in the raising of awareness...they die, somehow.

That is how it works, folks.

That is how those involved in heinous crimes like this, that is now they remain undetected. They do not publicly respond, and when things quiet down, they sneak in and kill off the whistleblowers and those who expose such crimes and people.

So..this is the process they engage in, in order to remain hidden:

No action takes place....no action takes place......no action takes place.....public forgets, situation fades from public notice....BANG...people die.

As a form of connection, did you know, that scientists recently tied together, with regard to their circulatory systems..mice? One old, one young. (a full study of multiple, ie many tests of the same nature)

And that the young blood circulating in the body of the old, as a living and breathing addition to the body and life blood flow of the old mouse, caused the brain and mind of the old mouse, to become young again? To grow, neurologically, like a young mouse? (obviously, the body grows young, as well)

So, what does this mean, with regard to satanic sacrifice of young people, and the consumption of their bodies and blood, besides other aspects of the given 'sacrifice'?

It lends credence and potential, scientifically, in known and extant channels, to the entire idea, as horrible and demented as it may seem. the kind of horror that people shy away from, especially when it becomes all too real.

One
7th December 2012, 19:08
I imagine that most dark souls, or people with big egos, that get ridiculed are going to want to take revenge.

They may not need to get their hands dirty either with enough work through the social media sites. They can go to work playing it all down afterwards also.

Maybe this is just one more terrible tragedy too many. However, I'd prefer to remain more open minded at this early stage.

Either way the circumstances are terrible and a shameful indictment of our society :(

Cidersomerset
7th December 2012, 19:12
I saw this story earlier, .........I don't know what to think of this.....Some people cannot come back from the embarresment of these situations . Whatever managment say in public in private she would of been worried of a internal enquiry, that and her professional pride would have been devistated.Depends on many things.Ive been a part time postie for five years and know there is a chain of blame if something goes wrong.For 20 years previous, I was in transport/distribution in a managerial position. So i know the pressures from both sides, Customer
pressure is paramount. In this case the palace would be asking questions of the hospital management and events would be happening behind the scenes.....

This is of this moment.
She was lambasted on Twitter etc.
Social networking can be quite vicious---people write things they would never say face to face.

Chris

As Chris said another factor ......I am fully aware of more sinister motives, but this personal tragedy
may just be that.Unless more details become available from friends/family we will be left to speculate, Uhm!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 December 2012 Last updated at 16:25
Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found deadThe hospital paid tribute to "a first-class nurse"
A nurse at a London hospital who took a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge has been found dead.

Pjl8D0rMzb8

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said in a statement they were "deeply saddened" by the death of the nurse, named as Jacintha Saldanha.

King Edward VII hospital paid tribute to "a first class nurse" who was the "victim of a hoax call."

Details of the pregnant duchess's medical condition were unwittingly revealed to two Australian DJs.

The DJs, from Sydney radio station 2Day FM - which says it is preparing a statement - posed as the Queen and Prince Charles.

The duchess had been admitted on Monday for acute morning sickness, and was discharged on Thursday.

'Excellent nurse'

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

The duchess left the hospital on Thursday
Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the telephone because it was 05:30 GMT in the morning and there was no receptionist on duty.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

The St James's Palace statement said the duke and duchess "were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time".

A palace spokesman later added that "at no point did the palace complain to the hospital about the incident".

"On the contrary, we offered our full and heartfelt support to the nurses involved and hospital staff at all times."

In a statement outside the hospital, King Edward VII chief executive John Lofthouse said: "We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital.

"The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time."

He added: "Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII's Hospital for more than four years.

"She was an excellent nurse and well-respected and popular with all of her colleagues."

Scotland Yard said officers were called at 09:35 GMT on Friday after reports of a woman found unconscious at an address in central London.

They said the death is not being treated as suspicious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prank that has backfired.........This is not journalism ...just tabloid radio !!

YuzpW5mgtrY

Flash
7th December 2012, 19:24

That is an important subject to keep alive, and discussed.

As ugly as it may be. The discussion, as a form of continuance, is probably part of what is keeping the people who are speaking out -- alive. It's the kind of subject, data, and discussion..that the time it recedes from public view...is the point that the darkness creeps in and kills them off. As in, after a quiet spell, where no discussion takes place, those involved in the raising of awareness...they die, somehow.

That is how it works, folks.

That is how those involved in heinous crimes like this, that is now they remain undetected. They do not publicly respond, and when things quiet down, they sneak in and kill off the whistleblowers and those who expose such crimes and people.

So..this is the process they engage in, in order to remain hidden:

No action takes place....no action takes place......no action takes place.....public forgets, situation fades from public notice....BANG...people die.

As a form of connection, did you know, that scientists recently tied together, with regard to their circulatory systems..mice? One old, one young. (a full study of multiple, ie many tests of the same nature)

And that the young blood circulating in the body of the old, as a living and breathing addition to the body and life blood flow of the old mouse, caused the brain and mind of the old mouse, to become young again? To grow, neurologically, like a young mouse? (obviously, the body grows young, as well)

So, what does this mean, with regard to satanic sacrifice of young people, and the consumption of their bodies and blood, besides other aspects of the given 'sacrifice'?

It lends credence and potential, scientifically, in known and extant channels, to the entire idea, as horrible and demented as it may seem. the kind of horror that people shy away from, especially when it becomes all too real.

Apart from sadistic endeavours, this is probably where all the vampirism stories stem from. Livnig 150years few years back would have seemed like eternity. This knowledge must have been going on for a good while.

I can easily see people paying third world poors to get their young blood. Kind of clinics were oldies wait in line for transfusion. The outermost inequalities.

I do wonder what it the elements in the youngers bloods that make an older mind and body grow new cells. This has surely already been isolated.

Well, if I am ever given longer life with younger abilities, I will be very happy. Of course, not to the price of killing though. How often do we say "ah, if I would have known what I know now when I was young!". I would be interested in the isolated elements that allows this younger rejuvenation.

Well, who knows, as I am in the bottom list of the wasted eaters for the feeding upper class, I probably won't have access to anything before it is too late.

Those rich all die very old, no wonder why.

kaon
7th December 2012, 19:31
This is a sad story. I don't understand why her death is not under suspicion. That sounds like a decision was already made. Regardless, it's tragic.

I should point out that the radio hosts who did this prank should have known that they could get the hospital staff fired (or worse) over this, but typically the media only concern themselves with ratings, fame and money above all else. Their 15 minutes will be a lot longer then that.

ghostrider
7th December 2012, 19:34
the nurse may have discovered the reptilian traits, ooops. can't allow that out . hush , hush...

greybeard
7th December 2012, 19:38
As pointed to already by Cidersomerset's post it was not the the nurse who gave private information who died but the one who transferred the call who died.
Think its a question of wait and see.

Chris

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/royal-hoax-call-receptionist-commits-suicide-144751515.html#NaXZ1hF

Earth Angel
7th December 2012, 19:55
I find it highly suspicious that someone who was not in a state of depression already could in 2 days go from a healthy active nurse to a suicide.......I could perhaps see if this went on for a few weeks or months and it got to her but this is really pushing the whole affair out of proportions and saying its worthy of a suicide after only 2 days of vicious twitters, I find that really hard to believe.

I do not believe the royals are nice people and I believe they are capable of anything.....look at the long standing friendship with Jimmy Saville .....come on, seriously!! and they didn't know anything ......:rolleyes:

Debra
7th December 2012, 20:33
Yes, Earth Angel, this does not add up. We do not know anything substantial about this individual but there are some weighty aspects - information that is allegedly true about this woman

She was a nurse employed at a high ranking, private hospital that is lauded for providing the best in field as well as for privacy and discretion. Therefore, I would imagine that her personality profile as well as her medical skill set would have been a major issue in hiring her. Plus, she has worked there for 4 years and I would think that her performance all round has been highly satisfactory.

But it is this information that has me tilting my head. This woman was also a mother of two .. I don't buy that a mother and especially one who is also a capable nurse can so easily take her own life. If it was suicide, there must have been some other serious issues plaguing her.

It is also very curious that we see nothing more about this woman at this stage. By now, almost 3 days later, we should be reading more about who she was. Not even a picture. Something is not right. And it is all so convenient to use this to bring media and the internet into a tighter hold. We have been there many times since. As Carmody says:
That is an important subject to keep alive, and discussed.. When Princess Diana died, and those early days following, I never considered her death to be a murder because I did not know what I have since come to understand. Then, the blame was levelled at the paparazzi. Even though they could have been charged with manslaughter, look how convenient that story was perpetrated.

Cidersomerset
7th December 2012, 21:06
But it is this information that has me tilting my head. This woman was also a mother of two .. I don't buy that a mother and especially one who is also a capable nurse can so easily take her own life. If it was suicide, there must have been some other serious issues plaguing her.

It does not make sence to leave two children !!...But neither does killing her as a message to press/media leave the Royals alone. But I'm open to suggestions...

DAILY MAIL online......

'Our beloved Jacintha': Family tell of grief at 'suicide' of hospital nurse who transferred Australian DJs' hoax call as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge say they are 'deeply saddened' by death

Jacintha Saldanha found unconscious today near King Edward VII Hospital
Mother-of-two transferred prank call from Australian DJs asking about Kate
Presenters behind the hoax are taken off air following tragedy

William and Kate 'deeply saddened' by death and say they did not complain

Hospital described her as 'excellent nurse who cared diligently for hundreds'
Mel Greig and Michael Christian boasted about prank as tragedy unfolded
Both deleted their Twitter accounts after global backlash following death
Radio station's Facebook account bombarded with abusive comments

The family of a nurse found dead in a suspected suicide just two days after transferring a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge tonight told of their devastation at losing their 'beloved Jacintha'.
Mother-of-two Jacintha Saldanha, who was working on the switchboard at the King Edward VII Hospital when 2DayFM obtained intimate details about Kate, was found dead this morning.
As the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spoke of their 'deep sadness' at the tragedy, the grieving family of the 'excellent' nurse said: 'We as a family are deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved Jacintha.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244608/Jacintha-Saldanha-Familys-grief-suicide-nurse-transferred-DJs-hoax-Kate-Middleton-hospital-call.html#ixzz2EOzql7Xd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

7th December 2012, 22:01
I'm truly sorry for this young woman's death and for her children.

The One started this thread last year about the horrible ritual killings of the Mohawk children. The elders are now starting to come forward and speak up about their abuse.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32203-Mass-genocide-of-Mohawk-children-by-UK-Queen-and-Vatican-uncovered-in-Canada

(as an aside, in the US it is illegal for any Native American over the age of 40 to sue the church for any abuses or abductions.)

Kevin Annette was jailed in May of 2011 for blowing the whistle on the church and the Royals. His website www.hiddenfromhistory.org (http://www.hiddenfromhistory.org)

Here is his documentary
88k2imkGIFA

Love

Nora

Flash
7th December 2012, 22:12

It does not make sence to leave two children !!...But neither does killing her as a message to press/media leave the Royals alone. But I'm open to suggestions...

DAILY MAIL online......

'Our beloved Jacintha': Family tell of grief at 'suicide' of hospital nurse who transferred Australian DJs' hoax call as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge say they are 'deeply saddened' by death

Jacintha Saldanha found unconscious today near King Edward VII Hospital

William and Kate 'deeply saddened' by death and say they did not complain

Hospital described her as 'excellent nurse who cared diligently for hundreds'
Radio station's Facebook account bombarded with abusive comments

The family of a nurse found dead in a suspected suicide just two days after transferring a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge tonight told of their devastation at losing their 'beloved Jacintha'.
Mother-of-two Jacintha Saldanha, who was working on the switchboard at the King Edward VII Hospital when 2DayFM obtained intimate details about Kate, was found dead this morning.
As the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spoke of their 'deep sadness' at the tragedy, the grieving family of the 'excellent' nurse said: 'We as a family are deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved Jacintha.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244608/Jacintha-Saldanha-Familys-grief-suicide-nurse-transferred-DJs-hoax-Kate-Middleton-hospital-call.html#ixzz2EOzql7Xd

How come a certified nurse if working at a switchboard. This does not sound right either.

Ellisa
7th December 2012, 23:59
This was mentioned in this morning's (ie morning here) papers. The nurse answered the phone as it was change of shift at 5.30pm) and the receptionist, who probably would have known how to handle the repulsive pair, had gone home. From the nurse's name it is likely she would not have recognised the silly accents that the DJs used, and which they refer to now as a sort of exoneration of their behaviour. The station for which they work is typically gutter trawling most of the time, and usually low-rating. What a pair of unthinking fools they are. A nurse, a useful and contributing member of society has lost her life thanks to these two waste of spaces.

Star Tsar
8th December 2012, 00:13
the nurse may have discovered the reptilian traits, ooops. can't allow that out . hush , hush...

And @ this point of develpment they truly are reptilian traits as she's not even 12 weeks pregnant...
How can those plods down in scotland yard not even batter an eyelid?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

witchy1
8th December 2012, 00:40
I agree something is not quite right. The media get it wrong most times dont forget. So to sum up thus far - we have a RN

Working on the switchboard - not bloody likely
Answering the call herself and answering questions about a patient (huge breach of privacy that no nurse would (should) do)
Putting the call directly to Kate to speak with them

It simply does not add up. In 48 hours she has gone from a paragon of a Nurse to dead because of a phone call. Really - she was bagged on twitter - she probably doesnt have an account let alone have time to check in. Early reports said she had 2 small children. A working RN with babies and husband and house to manage - in a similar situation I didnt have to time to scratch myself let alone indulge in vile chatter.

I wonder what she knew or found out ?????? Kate was fully well playing hockey with her former classmates just a couple of days before - she didnt look too unwell then.

Perhaps
There is something about the baby that needed attention
Was she really pregnant on admission perhaps she was in for IVF and has a genetically modified fetus implanted (yes they do that)
Perhaps is a donor mother from one of Wills liaisons

I read that Prince Fil, following his recent heart issues has young blood tranfussed. This is how they stay fit and agile.

Perhaps I have been in this conspiracy world too long and see things where there is nothing to see :confused:

Ellisa
8th December 2012, 02:06
OK Witchy let's look at your points using easily discovered news facts.

Mrs Saldanha answered the switchboard at 5.30 AM (not pm as I said earlier). Hospital phones are often anwered by nurses after hours as the receptionists usually do not do shift work. She then did not answer the inquiry but transferred it to another nurse who was on the ward. This other nurse was the one who actually answered the inquiry, probably thinking the call had been cleared.

Personally I believe it is none of our business how she has organised her working life, but she lived in Bristol, a couple of hours from London. She died in 'nurses' accommodation' in London. Perhaps she had qualifications that meant she would have a more successful career there, who knows, but she had been working like this for 4 years so it must have worked for her and her family.

Those 'babies' you refer to are 16 and I think 12, so scarcely dependent on mum for everything.

Why do you assume she was not on Twitter. I would think she probably was, and would use it to keep in touch with home. But that is speculation as was your point.

The rest was also a of bit silly speculation really!

And those people thinking that Kate would not have been playing hockey a few days before have obviously never met anyone who has developed this awful condition. I hope it will not persist throughout her pregnancy, as it can do. It's going to be an ordeal for her, and no matter who she is, illness is one thing that happens to us all. We should wish her and her future baby well.

I agree with your last sentence.

ghostrider
8th December 2012, 02:11
As pointed to already by Cidersomerset's post it was not the the nurse who gave private information who died but the one who transferred the call who died.
Think its a question of wait and see.

Chris

thanks for clearing that up. This story still confuses me and I don't know why . Can somebody lay it out in plain terms ?? I can absorb info easily , but for some reason there is a spirit of confusion on this one , hindering me like an evil spell .

sandy
8th December 2012, 02:11
Royalty has such high security at all times, thus it is hard to believe they wouldn't have some one there screening calls as well as all people involved with the family!!

Condolences to the families loss and my heart goes out to them but I too believe there is way more to this scenario than we will ever find out~~~~~~certainly takes the heat of the pedophilia linked to royalty scandal right now and a little compassion for the young expectant cuople would be just what the Doctor ordered 'empathy for all involved' seems to be the unspoken story line of the media.................

witchy1
8th December 2012, 05:27
OK Witchy let's look at your points using easily discovered news facts.

Mrs Saldanha answered the switchboard at 5.30 AM (not pm as I said earlier). Hospital phones are often anwered by nurses after hours as the receptionists usually do not do shift work. She then did not answer the inquiry but transferred it to another nurse who was on the ward. This other nurse was the one who actually answered the inquiry, probably thinking the call had been cleared.

Personally I believe it is none of our business how she has organised her working life, but she lived in Bristol, a couple of hours from London. She died in 'nurses' accommodation' in London. Perhaps she had qualifications that meant she would have a more successful career there, who knows, but she had been working like this for 4 years so it must have worked for her and her family.

Those 'babies' you refer to are 16 and I think 12, so scarcely dependent on mum for everything.

Why do you assume she was not on Twitter. I would think she probably was, and would use it to keep in touch with home. But that is speculation as was your point.

The rest was also a of bit silly speculation really!

And those people thinking that Kate would not have been playing hockey a few days before have obviously never met anyone who has developed this awful condition. I hope it will not persist throughout her pregnancy, as it can do. It's going to be an ordeal for her, and no matter who she is, illness is one thing that happens to us all. We should wish her and her future baby well.

I agree with your last sentence.

Ellisa - to clarify and respond to my post. I listed to the tape, the call was forwarded from a switchboard to the ward where the nurse (Mrs Saldanha) answered the call - this is the way it is done in hospitals. I am a RN so can speak with some knowledge on this. The ward receptionist generally work 9 to 5 or thereabouts, so nurses have to pick it up.

I agree it is none of our business how she orgainised her life, however this thread is about what "might" have occured so it must only be speculation until more is known.
Reports have it that she died at home where her husband and children lived - this may have since changed to nurses accomodation. I am unsure if family can live in Nurses accommodation

I explained why I thought she was not on twitter. This is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Was I not clear in my explanation?

I found you comment about "silly speculation" appalling. This is a conspiracy site. It happens here - get used to it.

I have had hyperemises - it is not pleasant.

As stated this thread is to look at what might have occured. If you think nothing out of the ordinary occured why are you pulling apart what others consider might be possible or plausabile alternatives?

If you want to point fingers one might well ask about your inference in your post "From the nurse's name it is likely she would not have recognised the silly accents that the DJs used"

I find it inexcusable that you have made an assumption from a persons surname as to their ability to understand english. This comment is at minimum is bigoted and at worst racist. Shame on you.
If you listened to the tape you can hear that she clearly understood the questions.

Karen
(Sorry mods and all - this has derailed the thread)

Ellisa
8th December 2012, 06:18
I suggested she may have found it difficult to recognise accents as she may not be a native speaker. This is not a statement of lack of understanding of English.. Many UK accents are difficult for even people who are born there to understand. I think I was correct in this assumption.

My concern was that the DJs who started this awful event are using their silly accents and ridiculous barking like corgis in the background as evidence that this should have been seen as a trick. I think it was a very nasty thing to do, and this particular radio station has a record of this sort of insensitive behaviour. I think it should not have happened to this nurse. She did everything right. The hospital should have had protocols in place which all the staff knew about.

I know that some parts of this site regards conspiracies. Most of them are based on possible scenarios that reflect an alternate point of view. Some have a portion of credibility, that is why people believe them. Some are busted by truth. Some are invented by people who like to explore the edges of possibility- often without basis. All are quite interesting, but all should be robust enough to be challenged..

sigma6
8th December 2012, 07:00
Exposes the fact how people become a** kissing sycophants when they think they are talking to a member of royalty. That's how it works for some... especially in 'privileged' positions like working as a qualified nurse in a prestigious hospital in England.

As far as I am concerned I don't know any perfect souls, but I see a few who like to contrive themselves as such. And last I checked, everyone's sh** smells as bad as the next. (ok, I'll exclude vegans (LOL)) But people have to stop kissing up, just because someone is 'in money' or in a 'prestigious position' or 'famous' - how about respecting people for their character, integrity, compassion or service to others, etc. instead? Where is the healthy skepticism? All this could have been completely avoided... there's your moral of the story.

They became so mesmerized when they thought it was "the Queen", they instantly shut down all rational critical thinking and became automatons (a** kissers). Imagine if the Queen really did call (which would be obviously against all protocol, but this could have been an exception, after all, she is getting old, and this is a "royal heir" ...and imagine if one of the staff gave her a hard time, questioning who the hell she was... (lol)... They would have ended up dead too no doubt!

So who's fault is it? I say it's the Queen's (the bloody royals). Because they train all their people to kiss a** first, then ask questions later... I have seen enough of it... this is why I say people have to start pulling their heads out of their arses... and start thinking according to a different set of principles... show me you are an original, independent thinker, right or wrong, but uninfluenced by the superficial, temporal and shallow thinking in a world full of materialism and privilege (and graft) and you have won my respect.

modwiz
8th December 2012, 07:12
I smell sh!t, but I am sitting close to a cat litter box.

Flash
8th December 2012, 07:17
you mean reptile litter Modwiz, right?

http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Lizard139.jpg

Flash
8th December 2012, 07:30
I'm truly sorry for this young woman's death and for her children.

The One started this thread last year about the horrible ritual killings of the Mohawk children. The elders are now starting to come forward and speak up about their abuse.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32203-Mass-genocide-of-Mohawk-children-by-UK-Queen-and-Vatican-uncovered-in-Canada

(as an aside, in the US it is illegal for any Native American over the age of 40 to sue the church for any abuses or abductions.)

Kevin Annette was jailed in May of 2011 for blowing the whistle on the church and the Royals. His website www.hiddenfromhistory.org (http://www.hiddenfromhistory.org)

Here is his documentary
88k2imkGIFA

Love

Nora

this could be a thread by itself, about genocidal stories that have been heard all over norht america but that are not recorded.

That would make for an interesting thread and maybe uncover and overall pattern.

I do know something about Abenakis or Algonquin (I would have to check which one) Indian tribe being forcefully put on a small island in the St-Lawrence river, at the tip of the Island and left to die there throughout the winter. The whole tribe extinguished.

It is also known that the nuns would raise Indian girls to be catholic and good wifes to Frenchmen. They would usually be on a second or third man's marriage and typically raise the children of this man from previous marriages, while making more. Their name and origins would be erased from records, because it was shameful to have Indian blooid. Those girl would still teach their children about nature's remedy and whatever they knew from their lost tribe. One of them was my great grand mother. This was slave treatment litterally.

We probably, in North America, all have heard similar unwritten stories.

Tony
8th December 2012, 08:22
This is a tragic death, and my best wishes go out to her and her family.

The problem with conspiracy sites, is not know the difference between conspiracy theory, and conspiracy fact. Too many people just jump on the 'band wagon' to sound as if 'they' know. Of course not everything can be totally proven, but a proper balance is needed, between trying to understand something and total fantasy. It is difficult enough to explaining to others and internet surfers what 'is' going on in the world, without people creating even more problems.

And that is precisely what is going, we are doing TPTB work for them!

Slightly frustrated,
Tony

Tony
8th December 2012, 08:34
Even if we are not sure of all the facts, the way we question, respond and interact must show some integrity. Many people will be worried at this time,
(though it's just another day/opportunity to "be" and not be controlled by our emotion) and they need our strength and intelligent support.

There is bad stuff going on, but we do not have to be controlled by it. Most of this bad stuff is to make us over react.

Feeling better already,
Tony

bram
8th December 2012, 11:54
Exposes the fact how people become a** kissing sycophants when they think they are talking to a member of royalty. That's how it works for some... especially in 'privileged' positions like working as a qualified nurse in a prestigious hospital in England.

As far as I am concerned I don't know any perfect souls, but I see a few who like to contrive themselves as such. And last I checked, everyone's sh** smells as bad as the next. (ok, I'll exclude vegans (LOL)) But people have to stop kissing up, just because someone is 'in money' or in a 'prestigious position' or 'famous' - how about respecting people for their character, integrity, compassion or service to others, etc. instead? Where is the healthy skepticism? All this could have been completely avoided... there's your moral of the story.

They became so mesmerized when they thought it was "the Queen", they instantly shut down all rational critical thinking and became automatons (a** kissers). Imagine if the Queen really did call (which would be obviously against all protocol, but this could have been an exception, after all, she is getting old, and this is a "royal heir" ...and imagine if one of the staff gave her a hard time, questioning who the hell she was... (lol)... They would have ended up dead too no doubt!

So who's fault is it? I say it's the Queen's (the bloody royals). Because they train all their people to kiss a** first, then ask questions later... I have seen enough of it... this is why I say people have to start pulling their heads out of their arses... and start thinking according to a different set of principles... show me you are an original, independent thinker, right or wrong, but uninfluenced by the superficial, temporal and shallow thinking in a world full of materialism and privilege (and graft) and you have won my respect.

hey mate,

I take it that if you had been the nurse on duty that night & the queen called, you would have told her to eff off?

Love, bram

Cidersomerset
8th December 2012, 13:26
The police comment at the bottom says there is no suspisious circumstances !

It still does not feel right, there is usually a report of stress in family relationship,
history of something or other. Work , finacial whatever, and of course this could still
be the case ? But to commit suiside over putting thru a hoax call is ridiculous
to most ,( but not all ) on the face of it ! Unless this was the straw that broke
the camels back ! Still very sad....

The BBC's Nicholas Witchell said it had been suggested to him that she had felt "very lonely and confused" as a result of what had happened.

This suggests deeper psycological reasons if true , but again speculation.

BBC website......

8 December 2012 Last updated at 12:41

.Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse death a 'tragedy'Comments (1015)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64647000/jpg/_64647510_2zd8cnm0.jpg

Jacintha Saldanha was the duty nurse who answered the prank call.

The death of a nurse who took a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge was a "tragedy", the Australian radio station which broadcast it has said.

Rhys Holleran, chief executive of the company that owns Sydney radio station 2Day FM, said DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian were "completely shattered" by the death of Jacintha Saldanha, 46.

The pair posed as the Queen and Prince Charles in a call on Tuesday morning.

Scotland Yard have now released an image of Mrs Saldanha.

The station has suspended adverts, and the show has been taken off-air.

Speaking at a press conference in Melbourne, Mr Holleran, chief executive of Southern Cross Austereo, said he did not think any laws had been broken.

This was in contrast to a statement on Tuesday by hospital chief executive John Lofthouse, who said he had "received advice that what the Australian broadcasters did may well have broken the law".

The two DJs telephoned the hospital early on Tuesday morning, and recorded the call. It was then assessed by the station's lawyers before being broadcast on 2Day FM.

Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the phone because it was 05:30 GMT and there was no receptionist on duty.

She put the pair through to the duchess's nurse, who unwittingly revealed details of the pregnant duchess's medical condition.

The duchess had been admitted on Monday for acute morning sickness, and was discharged on Thursday.

Mr Holleran told journalists that Mel Greig and Michael Christian's show would not be returning until further notice.

Rhys Holleran: "This is a tragic event that could not have been reasonably foreseen"
He said: "This is a tragic event that could not have been reasonably foreseen and we are deeply saddened by it."

But he added: "I think that prank calls as a craft in radio had been going on for decades. They are done worldwide and no-one could reasonably have foreseen what happened."

The network later suspended all advertising on 2Day FM until Monday.

BBC correspondent Duncan Kennedy said the decision was meant as a sign of respect, although with several advertisers, including Australia's largest supermarket chain, already pulling their adverts, it was more like damage limitation and to avoid further bad publicity.

Before the death, the country's media watchdog, the Australian Communications and Media Authority, had received complaints about the broadcast. Chairman Chris Chapman said: "These events are a tragedy for all involved and I pass on my heartfelt condolences to the family of the deceased nurse in London.

"The ACMA does not propose to make any comments at this stage, but will be engaging with the licensee, Today FM Sydney, around the facts and issues surrounding the prank call."

In a statement, Mrs Saldanha's family said they were "deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved Jacintha". They have requested privacy from the media.

On Friday, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said in a statement they were also "deeply saddened" by the death of Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse who was married with two children.

And King Edward VII hospital paid tribute to "a first-class nurse who cared diligently for hundreds of patients".

She had also worked at North Bristol NHS Trust for a number of years dating back to 2003. A trust spokesman said: "We are shocked and saddened by this news and offer our sincere condolences."

'Excellent nurse'
Mel Greig and Michael Christian had said they were "very sorry if we've caused any issues"
BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha - who was staying in hospital accommodation close to hospital - was the person who answered the call from the DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

The BBC's Nicholas Witchell said it had been suggested to him that she had felt "very lonely and confused" as a result of what had happened.

The St James's Palace statement said the duke and duchess "were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time".

A palace spokesman later added that "at no point did the palace complain to the hospital about the incident".

"On the contrary, we offered our full and heartfelt support to the nurses involved and hospital staff at all times."

Scotland Yard said officers were called at 09:35 GMT on Friday after reports of a woman found unconscious at an address in Weymouth Street, central London. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20649816

avid
8th December 2012, 13:53
This pregnancy is in media overkill. Surely there are more important things in this world to report than this? The whole thing reeks of a "Rosemary's Baby" scenario. Sickened by too much 'tannis root' no doubt...:rolleyes:

The death of the poor nurse is tragic - and very suspicious....

mahalall
8th December 2012, 14:25
In a world of illusion sometimes ideas that resonant.

Recent posts on Dr Barrie Trower, (1)

Contributes to a suspicion of an electromagnetic weapon at use.

With their capability to persuade, indirectly, the close comrades of an enemy soldier that the soldier — perhaps a high-ranking officer who admittedly hears voices or strange noises that no one else is hearing — is mentally unsound and is not to be taken seriously. Such feelings, voices, or strange noises and vivid, frightening dreams can be imposed on the enemy with some precision by specialized, microwave-type radiation antennas. Electromagnetic weapons can have dramatic effects, such as the intense burning sensation caused by Raytheon's Active Denial system, or more subtle effects such as the creation—at a distance—of a sense of anxiety or dread, intense drowsiness, or confusion in an individual. Capability to persuade, indirectly, the close comrades of an enemy soldier that the soldier — perhaps a high-ranking officer who admittedly hears voices or strange noises that no one else is hearing — is mentally unsound and is not to be taken seriously. Such feelings, voices, or strange noises and vivid, frightening dreams can be imposed on the enemy with some precision by specialized, microwave-type radiation antennas (2)

It is all so sad, both for a wonderful spirited nurse to have faced the wrath of those within the dragons den and for Kate Middleton, no one in a state of ill health should have to face such abuse.

(1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrBLO1rAMM
(2)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_weapon

Valle
8th December 2012, 15:45
If this was not a suicide?
What kind of information can a nurse aquier that are so sensitive that they have to kill her?
- status of the mother?
- status about the pregancy?
- staus of the child?
- status of the family?
I have no clue, but its strange when a mother of two children comit suicide over a small missake.

sigma6
9th December 2012, 05:38

hey mate,

I take it that if you had been the nurse on duty that night & the queen called, you would have told her to eff off?

Love, bram

Dam straight I would, by the way I'm really the Prince of Wales and this is just my cover, (bet you didn't know that eh)

update: or let me put this way, you should call the hospital where I live, you'd be better off calling a freemason lodge if you wanted to get any information out of them...

Tane Mahuta
9th December 2012, 06:01
Well folks, fellow avalonians, here we are again!! Well that didn't take long...

The rumour mills grinding again...post on facts peeps...

A prank phone call, though sick as it is has gone horribly wrong...

indirectly causing the death of a fellow human being...a RN(Registered Nurse)

A person whom I consider of high standing within the community...

and the best we can do is to make jokes/fun of the situation...

the truth will come out & karma wil be paid...

what I'm getting at friends is "Lets' not turn this into a circus"

nuff said

TM

Ellisa
9th December 2012, 06:06
There are many parts of the world where to face such humiliation as that nurse had done, would be an unbearable burden, especially after having been probably, very proud of being chosen to care for the Duchess. She would have been distraught, and most likely have lost faith in herself and for the future. She was probably very bewildered and panicking-- and she could see only one way out of the mess, and also only one way to atone for the mistake for which she felt personally responsible, so she sacrificed herself.

Nowadays we tend to find blame elsewhere- this woman. however unrealistically, blamed herself, perhaps because she understood how upset the Duchess, her ill patient who trusted her, would be.

Flash
9th December 2012, 12:27
In some regions of the world, losing face is the worst that can happen to you, and has consequences on your family and futur descent. The only thing to do then is suicide.

If she were, culturally from one of these regions, she was pre conditioned to react this way.

However, we may stay at a lesser level. To get the favor to work into one of the best hospital in England to start with must take exceptional credentials, credentials you have worked for very hard and long. So you hold it at heart. Second, to be admitted to work for royalties means your credential are above all others and your career is certain.

With a prank call like this one, her career had undone all of a sudden. No way back, she would not get any more credibility and her credential would be pushed aside for lesser jobs, if she remained at all in that hospital, which is doubtful for both nurses who handled that call. She knew it very well. Her career ascension was finished, overnight. Enough to suicide, may be not. But who knows how much time she had given to it, what her family has suffered from her dedication, etc, with no results to show for at the end.

Furthermore, I cannot believe these nurses have not had training in intelligence. No one who works for the royals come without these training, I would think. Then, this means she failed miserably in her job. For this, no doubt she would be pushed aside. Who knows, the training may ask for suicide as well.

Finally, when prank calls are to illustrate the unfitness of a future vice president, her ignorance and lack of worldwide views, this is one thing, but when the prank calls are for the sole purpose of getting gossipy information and to show off as good prankers so that more advertisement money is taken for the station, when there is only ill intention to it, it should be stopped. When it comes to a point where there is not good to be found for anybody, except money, one has to think before acting. Moral values that are now absent in society should have been present.

Cidersomerset
9th December 2012, 13:11
There are many parts of the world where to face such humiliation as that nurse had done, would be an unbearable burden, especially after having been probably, very proud of being chosen to care for the Duchess. She would have been distraught, and most likely have lost faith in herself and for the future. She was probably very bewildered and panicking-- and she could see only one way out of the mess, and also only one way to atone for the mistake for which she felt personally responsible, so she sacrificed herself.

Nowadays we tend to find blame elsewhere- this woman. however unrealistically, blamed herself, perhaps because she understood how upset the Duchess, her ill patient who trusted her, would be.

With a prank call like this one, her career had undone all of a sudden. No way back, she would not get any more credibility and her credential would be pushed aside for lesser jobs, if she remained at all in that hospital, which is doubtful for both nurses who handled that call. She knew it very well. Her career ascension was finished, overnight. Enough to suicide, may be not. But who knows how much time she had given to it, what her family has suffered from her dedication, etc, with no results to show for at the end.

These are the main two conclusions I've come to..............Unless there is some personal tragedy that just happened to coincide ( unlikely).....

On the conspiricy front the timing could not have been worse from a media point of view with the Leveson report being mulled over and the media,
Police failing over the Jimmy Savill case.The UN wants a crackdown on freedom of the internet via 'cyber crime'...This is not intensionally directed
at any of these issues, but obviously feeds in to press/media responcibilty and the pushing of bounderies for 'entertainment thrills'...

These two young presenters should have known better from the Jonathon Ross/Russell Brand prank on the BBC a couple of years ago.
Although there was no malice in their motives and it may have been a spur of momment stunt.It was juvenile mindless joke on any level.
Sometimes we can see to much in these events/trajedies, but something still feels odd about this !!

Cidersomerset
9th December 2012, 13:15
Daily Mail on line.....

Australian radio station boss refuses to sack Royal prank DJs and claims THEY are the victims

Jacintha Saldanha found unconscious near King Edward VII Hospital

William and Kate 'deeply saddened' by death and said they did not complain

Australian media regulator inundated with complaints about prank
Companies pull advertising from station following incident

Hospital has written letter to radio station's parent company
Described the prank as 'truly appalling' and 'extremely foolish'

The boss of the radio company at the centre of the royal hoax
call today refused to sack the DJs behind the stunt and painted them as victims.
2DayFM presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian were taken off air after it
emerged the nurse who took their prank call at Kate Middleton's hospital had
died in a suspected suicide.Jacintha Saldanha, a 46-year-old mother of two,
had been manning the hospital switchboard when the Australian hoaxers called
and she transferred the call to the Duchess of Cambridge's ward.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/08/article-2244999-166AF3F0000005DC-606_634x574.jpg

Tragic: The grieving husband of nurse Jacintha Saldanha who died in a suspected
suicide has tonight told of his devastation at her death. She is pictured centre,
believed to be with her two children

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244608/Jacintha-Saldanha-Familys-grief-suicide-nurse-transferred-DJs-hoax-Kate-Middleton-hospital-call.html#ixzz2EYnHqEPh

Cidersomerset
9th December 2012, 16:25
I just saw Davids comment on the incident ,similar to some of the comments on here.

Kate hoax call: Am I the only one?

Sunday, 09 December 2012 12:27.......By David Icke

I think some sanity and balance needs to be injected into the hysteria over this. Two Australian DJs made a prank call in the night claiming to be the Queen and Prince Charles to the London hospital where Kate Middleton was being treated for apparently severe morning sickness.One nurse on the switchboard put them through to another nurse on Middleton's ward who gave a few details of her condition. Many people may not think that the prank was very funny, but it was only a radio prank. Such things are happening all time around the world, though not usually involving the royal family.Neither of the nurses was publicly named nor officially reprimanded, according to the hospital. But the nurse on the switchboard then later apparently committed suicide and now the DJs are facing the condemnation and wrath of all and sundry.

I'm sorry, but if people are now responsible for the inexplicible actions of others, as with this bizarre 'suicide' by a mother of two children, then no one will ever do anything in fear of what others might do as a result.What happened is very sad, but to take your life over a prank call from a radio station on the other side of the world is extraordinary and how could anyone have foreseen this from a spoof call in which her identity remained anonymous and when she did nothing except pass a phone call through to a ward?

In fact, it is all so bizarre that there is likely to be a lot more to know about the whole affair.

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/76590-kate-hoax-call-am-i-the-only-one

Ellisa
10th December 2012, 00:48
There s definitely something about this which, in spite of what witchy feels, is based on cultural misunderstanding. I have lived in Australia for over 50 years, I have a totally Australian family and now, few ties to the UK, but every now and then I come across something that amazes me with its seeming 'wrongness'.

One relevant example of this is the habit in Australia of being blindingly, offensively rude, sexist, racist or cruel to someone (verbally) and if the person takes offence retorting---"Jeez! I was joking, can't you take a joke?"-- or a variation thereof. You are supposed to laugh, or grin wryly-- not burst into tears or retort with a similar destructive rant. That attitude is where this unthinking 'prank' has its origin. Prince Charles showed he understood this when he tried to deflect the press with a mild joke about it, before the nurse died.

For years workplace bullying of young new staff was described as mere joshing-- that was until a young apprentice was set alight and laws now reflect society's revulsion.

Personally I can not understand that tricking people into looking foolish from a sense your own immense superiority is a matter of fun. Laughter maybe, of the mocking, relieved variety, as in this time it was not me! Phew!

Apparently the Duchess is still very unwell-- I wonder where she will go to Hospital next This condition could persist for the entire pregnancy-- but usually the babies are healthy and strong!

Flash
10th December 2012, 01:10
I just saw Davids comment on the incident ,similar to some of the comments on here.

I'm sorry, but if people are now responsible for the inexplicible actions of others, as with this bizarre 'suicide' by a mother of two children, then no one will ever do anything in fear of what others might do as a result.What happened is very sad, but to take your life over a prank call from a radio station on the other side of the world is extraordinary and how could anyone have foreseen this from a spoof call in which her identity remained anonymous and when she did nothing except pass a phone call through to a ward?

The kids are not educated to take care of others, they are just educated enough to be able to prank, pass judgments, bully, and then left off the hook when the methods and results are disgusting. It is very obvious, to their manager at least, the such a call if passed through would definitely damage at a minimum the reputation of the nurses, at a maximum would have them lose their job. Dying was not obvious, but can be a consequence.

When people try to make fun of situations and other, they do not have to think of others sensitivities, otherwise nobody would dare doing anything, but they do have to think of potential real, down to earth, consequences of their actions.

Those radio kids should have been told that the results may be the nurses losing their jobs. THis was obvious. Then one decide in all consciousness if he want to go on with it, and is therefore responsible for his actions.

Xeron
10th December 2012, 07:35
I have been following this since I heard about it last week.
Personally as soon as I heard i was in disbelief about almost every detail. (almost)
Even beginning with the fact that the DJs got through posing as the Queen and even received information!
Wouldn't you wonder why the Queen herself would ring the hospital, and not own people inside the hospital. (This is my own assumption that if Kate was in hospital she wouldnt be alone. Ie family or body gaurd
But the fact is no-one questioned it and just gave out information.

Suicide I feel could be possible, she may of felt remorse to the embarressment she "brought on her family name" (this point was mentioned to me by a work-collegue) and also the online pressure from twitter and facebook, which everyone needs to stop talking so seriously because all those people are, is "keyboard warriors" thats all they are people! Theres nothig behind it, just keyboard warriors fighting online for the sake of fighting- venting even if you will!
But enough of my ranting about twitter an keyboard warriors.

Though one thing my mind did notice, is that as soon as the nurse "commited suicicde" the blame has shifted to the australian DJs. No-one really cares that the hospital thought a few young australians were the Queen and just answered their questions... The hospital and the royals were embarrassed, but the nurses sudden suicide has pulled the spotlight off them a bit and now the entire blame seems to lie on two people on the otherside of the world.
All in all in my opinion I feel from the beginning it has been blown WAY out of preportion. And because of that, a mother of two has now tradgically lost her life. And two others are questioning their jobs and lifelyhood...

Has a course of death been announced yet? or just "found unconsence"
If its been announced then my dyslexia must of missed it.

Thats my 2 cents

sigma6
10th December 2012, 07:58
Well folks, fellow avalonians, here we are again!! Well that didn't take long...

nuff said

TM

Damn straight Tane, that is appreciated, and just in case there is any funny business, please make note for the record of the first sarcastic remark, as I have been here before (ie attacked to cover someone else's misdeeds) So I know first hand how one sided and hypocritically prejudiced others can be when they try and twists things around (to cover their own denials). And I would hate to have to make others go back and and rewrite all their posts the next day (as opposed to in 'real time') for my sake or on my behalf... (if anyone wants more specific articulation on this topic, bring it on, Truth be told ;-)

update: this was no 'suicide' (totally implausible), or has the term been so overused that people automatically mean "covertly murdered"... ? I saw someone earlier misusing the term 'suicided' similarly, ie. as if to literally suggest that people are 'suiciding' themselves... (now that was laughable, but not in a funny way... (if it has to be spelt out) I agree with Icke (re-read carefully what he wrote, note single quotation marks)

Xeron
10th December 2012, 08:43
The two radio DJs were interviewed that aired on Today-Tonight and A Current Affair tonight, I however just missed. But i am sure it will be on Youtube soon.

From the DJs side, think about it, Kate is our Royal claim to fame!
We hear she is in hospital and the public want to know, this radio channel decides to do a skit where they call the hospital.
I drive alot and listen to the radio alot and a lot of different stations and shows pull similar stunts like this
And you know what 99.9% of the time they dont get anywere. This time they somehow slipped through!

However as you all may well feel, this is Most likely going to be a story to slip through the cracks and we will never know. The truth.

bram
10th December 2012, 09:02

nuff said

TM

Damn straight Tane, that is appreciated, and just in case there is any funny business, please make note for the record of the first sarcastic remark, as I have been here before (ie attacked to cover someone else's misdeeds) So I know first hand how one sided and hypocritically prejudiced others can be when they try and twists things around (to cover their own denials). And I would hate to have to make others go back and and rewrite all their posts the next day (as opposed to in 'real time') for my sake or on my behalf... (if anyone wants more specific articulation on this topic, bring it on, Truth be told ;-)

update: this was no 'suicide' (totally implausible), or has the term been so overused that people automatically mean "covertly murdered"... ? I saw someone earlier misusing the term 'suicided' similarly, ie. as if to literally suggest that people are 'suiciding' themselves... (now that was laughable, but not in a funny way... (if it has to be spelt out) I agree with Icke (re-read carefully what he wrote, note single quotation marks)

tane,

don't believe a word this guy says. Its really the prince of Wales, under a pseudonym.

DevilPigeon
10th December 2012, 15:58

The kids are not educated to take care of others, they are just educated enough to be able to prank, pass judgments, bully, and then left off the hook when the methods and results are disgusting. It is very obvious, to their manager at least, the such a call if passed through would definitely damage at a minimum the reputation of the nurses, at a maximum would have them lose their job. Dying was not obvious, but can be a consequence.

When people try to make fun of situations and other, they do not have to think of others sensitivities, otherwise nobody would dare doing anything, but they do have to think of potential real, down to earth, consequences of their actions.

Those radio kids should have been told that the results may be the nurses losing their jobs. THis was obvious. Then one decide in all consciousness if he want to go on with it, and is therefore responsible for his actions.

At most, their level of responsibility in this can be that people may have lost their jobs... Absolutely no way should this tragic death be attributed to the DJs.

Flash
10th December 2012, 16:17
no way[/B] should this tragic death be attributed to the DJs.

I agree, but the risk for the nurses to lose their jobs should have been enough to refrain from doing the prank call.

conk
10th December 2012, 16:17
That's horrible. Deeply sad. And seriously it's not actually suspicious... trauma and shock can make a person do things like that if indeed it was a suicide. There is not an even close to plausible agenda scenario that would require the nurse dead. That's just frikking delusion gone deluded. Deepest condolences to all concerned. Love to the woman's family, to Kate and the Royals as well. I actually think they are decent human beings, and must be also saddened by this tragedy. And genuinely at that.

You think the Royals are decent human beings? Kate perhaps, poor thing, but the Royal family? Decent vampires maybe, but not human.

DevilPigeon
10th December 2012, 16:45
no way[/B] should this tragic death be attributed to the DJs.

I agree, but the risk for the nurses to lose their jobs should have been enough to refrain from doing the prank call.

I agree too, but then when does a joke or prank cross the boundary of what's deemed acceptable? And that's what it was, like it or hate it, it's a subjective matter.

But I'm seeing crap in the "media" along the lines of they'll need to go into hiding, losing their jobs (ironically), death threats etc. Totally ridiculous.

OOO
10th December 2012, 16:53
I cannot seem to get passes the following questions:

What is a member of the royal family doing in a public hospital? Don't they have their own personal physicians?

Flash
10th December 2012, 16:57

What is a member of the royal family doing in a public hospital? Don't they have their own personal physicians?

very good point

Cidersomerset
10th December 2012, 16:58
Jacintha Saldanha's Family Says She Told Them Nothing About Hoax Call

Monday, 10 December 2012 10:30

By David Icke

There are so many things that don't add up about this nurse's death.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/12/8/1354986071613/Jacintha-Saldanhas-mother-010.jpg

'The relatives of nurse Jacintha Saldanha have revealed that she told no one in the family about the prank
call that has been blamed for driving her to suicide.Members of the family gathered at the south Indian
home of Saldanha's mother-in-law, Carmine Barboza, to console one another after news reached them
of the tragedy. They said that neither Saldanha nor her husband, Benedict Barboza, had talked of the
hoax phone call or given any clue that she had been under any pressure or strain.'

Read more: Jacintha Saldanha's Family Says She Told Them Nothing About Hoax Call

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/76621-jacintha-saldanhas-family-says-she-told-them-nothing-about-hoax-call

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we will know the real reason for this tragedy ? We are all individual
and complex human beings,what the catalyst for her to take such an extreme
action over this event only Jacintha knows.

Maia Gabrial
10th December 2012, 17:30
My question is why is nothing happening to the pranksters? I saw nothing amusing in what they did. They got private information that should never have been given over the phone no matter what. Definitely some violations were made.... it's a very sad story...

Tarka the Duck
10th December 2012, 17:31

I assume they have their own personal doctors etc, but if they need hospital treatment, they go wherever they need to go. Many of the UK's NHS hospitals have private wings, which the royals use as and when they need hospital treatment.

In the UK there are also exclusively private clinics and hospitals such as the King Edward VII hospital in London, which they apparently use a lot. They've also been known to use the emergency NHS services, and Philip had treatment surgery in the private unit at Papworth hospital in Cambridgeshire last year. He was also treated at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in the summer, and Diana gave birth at St Mary's in Paddington, London.

greybeard
10th December 2012, 18:24
Kate Hospital: Post-Mortem Set For Nurse

The post-mortem for a nurse who put through a hoax call made about the Duchess of Cambridge's medical condition will take place on Tuesday.

Jacintha Saldanha took the initial call from Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian who posed as the Queen and the Prince of Wales when they rang the hospital where Kate was being treated for acute morning sickness.

Believing it to be genuine, she put the call through to another colleague who was duped into describing the duchess' condition in detail.

Mrs Saldanha was found dead days later, having apparently taken her own life.

Her post-mortem will take place at Westminster Mortuary.

Prime Minister David Cameron spoke of his "shock" at Mrs Saldanha's death.

He said: "I thought it was completely shocking ... I heard about the suicide of this nurse, who worked incredibly hard and obviously was incredibly dedicated.

"I feel incredibly sorry for her and her family. It is an absolute tragedy that this has happened and I am sure everyone will want to reflect on how it was allowed to happen."

It comes after the boss of Sydney radio station 2Day FM said five attempts were made to contact London's King Edward VII's Hospital about the prank call before it aired.

"Following the hoax call, the radio station did not speak to anyone in the hospital's senior management or anyone at the company who handles our media enquiries," a hospital spokesman said.

Earlier, Rhys Holleran - head of the station's parent company Southern Cross Austereo - said he was satisfied that the appropriate checks were carried out before the pre-recorded segment was broadcast.

"It is absolutely true to say that we actually did attempt to contact those people on multiple occasions," he told Fairfax Radio, an Australian broadcaster.

"We rang them up to discuss what we had recorded ... we attempted to contact them on no less than five occasions ... we wanted to speak to them about it."

Britain's Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has told Sky News the nurse's response to the prank call does not point to a widespread breach of procedure.

Asked what lessons needed to be learned, he said: "I think we need to make sure that the right safeguards are in place, that the right training is in place, but I think it's too early for me to say whether this is something which is just an individual prank that went horribly wrong and it was an isolated breach or whether there are more widespread issues.

"My instinct is that this was an isolated incident with very exceptional circumstances."

Labour MP Keith Vaz, who visited Mrs Saldanha's family in Bristol on Sunday, urged the hospital to hold an inquiry and provide more support to the relatives.

"What is needed, clearly, is an inquiry by the hospital into what has happened.

"The hospital has sent them a letter, which I have seen, but I'm surprised that nobody has made the journey to Bristol to sit with them and offer them the counselling that I think they need."

He said the family was in "terrible distress", adding: "More support in my view needs to be given."

A statement from King Edward VII Hospital said chief executive John Lofthouse had offered to meet Mrs Saldanha's husband.

It said it had also offered to establish a memorial fund in her name.

The statement read: "We hope that everyone will focus on doing all they can for the family of Jacintha Saldanha at this terrible time."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/kate-hospital-no-contact-hoax-aired-121840925.html#UgXbDN8

Chris

DevilPigeon
10th December 2012, 18:27
My question is why is nothing happening to the pranksters? I saw nothing amusing in what they did. They got private information that should never have been given over the phone no matter what. Definitely some violations were made.... it's a very sad story...

Nothing should happen to the DJs!!! Whether you liked the prank or not, at the end of the day that's all it was intended to be - a prank. They're not the first to do such a thing, and hopefully they won't be the last. Imagine a world made so sterile because we're frightened of doing something in fear of offending someone... Shows such as Candid Camera, Game For A Laugh, Beadle's About etc were based on pranks, OK maybe not quite as profound as the current one, but that's just part of the evolution of the genre over time.

It's a tragedy for sure, I'm not trying to diminish that at all, but if it had been any other nurse I'm sure there would have been no need for this thread... But then to me that raises more questions as far as I'm concerned... It all seems most bizarre...

Cidersomerset
10th December 2012, 19:18
2p-BmD8Kcnc

Yesterdays channel 4 news is now available.....They usually do a good report.
This is before todays public interview...

Nothing should happen to the DJs!!! Whether you liked the prank or not, at the end of the day that's all it was intended to be - a prank. They're not the first to do such a thing, and hopefully they won't be the last. Imagine a world made so sterile because we're frightened of doing something in fear of offending someone... Shows such as Candid Camera, Game For A Laugh, Beadle's About etc were based on pranks, OK maybe not quite as profound as the current one, but that's just part of the evolution of the genre over time.

It's a tragedy for sure, I'm not trying to diminish that at all, but if it had been any other nurse I'm sure there would have been no need for this thread... But then to me that raises more questions as far as I'm concerned... It all seems most bizarre...

I agree....

This will be with them for the rest of their lives, so there is no need to punish them.

The main reason for her distress is the British media taking up the story !
If it stayed in the backwoods of a small Australian radio show, no one would
have been the wiser. So the Media in general may have to look at themselves !

I heard Dom Joly, well known for such pranks on the radio earlier.He said this
was pre recorded, and should have been checked with media lawyers before
broadcast , and ringing a hospital was going to far. I don't know whether
this radio station used lawyers or not ?

As I said in a earlier post, this is not the best time for this to happen
with the Leveson report on media ethics and we don't want censorship
just responcible reporting with a degree of sencitivity above titilating
headlines....

sigma6
11th December 2012, 00:09

nuff said

TM

tane,

don't believe a word this guy says. Its really the prince of Wales, under a pseudonym.

Sorry Bram,
If you think I was isolating you out, apparently people are being cut off mid sentence for being sarcastic, or for responding to others sarcasm (actually not sure which, I think it depends…) and it may even be connected for making legitimate complaints! and apparently they are now telegraphing to others they have the right to do this without consultation, discussion, feedback or any other protocol (or at least suggesting that indirectly!) doesn’t smell right to me, slippery slope imo. The politics it will create, favouritism, biases, sniping… will be hard to know who your friends are. But there you have it. Even new people comment about ‘deceptions’ they see. I can only imagine.

So please understand, I personally don't have any problem with you or your sarcasm. I even think it's humourous... and healthy within the right context! If it reflects who you are. I have no reason to bias or prejudice you, nor do I know who you are connected to or friends with, in fact and I have no reason to find any fault with your sarcasm, just had to make a record, lest others with different agendas should choose to see things differently at some later point in the future…

best wishes
Your Prince and Commander
Charles

sigma6
11th December 2012, 00:25
Believing it to be genuine, she put the call through to another colleague who was duped into describing the duchess' condition in detail.
Mrs Saldanha was found dead days later, having apparently taken her own life.

Dear Children,
Mommy feels so bad because she was lied to and incorrectly passed a phone call,
therefore I no longer have any will to self preservation, want to throw away a decent career,
and will be leaving you to fend for yourselves... not to mention all the pain and suffering it
will cause all my loved ones...

Love Mom...

What is wrong with this picture?

a heart attack would have gone a lot farther wouldn't it?, ie. in creating that "lack of proof there is was any connection" that some on this site like to espouse... but suicide? I mean really... suicide? and there was no reprimand from the hospital, since they had nothing to reprimand, (since it would have been their fault no one was stationed to take the call...so there couldn't have been the slightest of social antagonism or coercion there. Nurses tend to stick together and support each other as well. Could someone have been in a hurry and figured suicide "will have to do" counting on a docile and desensitized public to 'buy into it' because they didn't have the right equipment to pull off say ... a freak heart attack?...
hmm...

I can only state one thing with conviction here; there is clearly something incomplete about this picture?

Poly Hedra
11th December 2012, 01:30
It stinks. Sorry it does. This was not a reason to kill herself. This is just common sense. Obviously there was a reason for her to die. We will never know but a mother of two teenagers, in a good job, making a mistake as small as this, kills herself? Nah!

mahalall
11th December 2012, 03:43
"This will be with them for the rest of their lives, so there is no need to punish them"
cidersomerset, agree!!

-lgHcy5cLNU

so sad, kindergarden abuse

mahalall
11th December 2012, 16:02
Incompetent nursing management!
No one should be able to obtain a patients details over the phone without having established a password! sloppy practise-It is basic standard procedure!

Mrs Saldanha from what is understood was not Kate Middleton's named nurse. Similarly when she received the call she transfered the call to her named nurse which is good practise. Although nurse to tend beat themselves up with guilt, this action doesn't cause the amount of guilt to succombe to suicide.

For those that state oh it's cultural differences, family dignity and lose of face. It's difficult to believe because cultural differences actually make South Indian nurses stronger than weaker. They tend to see more hardships in life prior to migrating. They are stronger character types to migrate and work overseas. They tend to have stronger cultural support groups based on a closeness to the church. Supportive family networks all of which support a character of strong mental health than of a weak disposition. It is these facts that cause the conspiracist mind to surface.

Awaiting the pathologist report.

greybeard
11th December 2012, 21:15
Royal Nurse: Radio Gives £320K To Family Fund

A memorial fund for the family of the dead nurse who was the victim of the royal hoax call has been set up by the radio station responsible for the prank.

Southern Cross Austereo, the parent company of radio station 2Day FM, said the remainder of the profits for 2012 should go to a memorial fund to benefit Jacintha Saldhana's family.

The sum is expected to amount to AUS\$500,000 (£326,000).

It has also cancelled its Christmas party, saying it would be "inappropriate" to go ahead with the celebrations, and would instead donate the money it would have spent to charity.

Rhys Holleran, SCA's chief executive, said: "We are very sorry for what has happened. It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts continue to be with the family.

"We hope that by contributing to a memorial fund we can help to provide the Saldanha family with the support they need at this very difficult time."

A post-mortem examination on Ms Saldanha, who initially answered the prank call made to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge, is being held today.

Ms Saldanha was found dead on Friday days after she was tricked by Australian radio hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian, who called the King Edward VII Hospital in central London.

She transferred the presenters, believing they were the Queen and the Prince of Wales, to a colleague who divulged details about Kate's treatment for severe morning sickness.

Ms Saldanha, 46, from Bristol, was found dead in a block of nurses' flats close to the hospital, where she stayed while working in London.

MP Keith Vaz met her family on Monday and said they had been "devastated" by the loss of a "loving mother and a loving wife".

Flanked by Ms Saldanha's husband Benedict Barboza and her two teenage children, Mr Vaz said: "They miss her every moment of every day, but they are really grateful to the support of the British public and to the public overseas for the messages of support and kindness."

Mr Vaz has called for the hospital to provide the family with more support and to hold an inquiry.

His criticism came after the DJs broke their silence about the nurse's death.

Interviewed on Australian TV networks, the 2Day FM presenters said there had been a "tragic turn of events no-one could have predicted or expected".

Police in London have contacted their Australian counterparts with a view to interviewing the pair ahead of an inquest into Ms Saldanha's death.

In response to Mr Vaz's criticism the hospital said its chief executive John Lofthouse had spoken to the nurse's husband on Friday by phone and offered to meet him whenever he wanted.

Under Australian regulations, the permission of anyone on the receiving end of a radio prank must be sought before the call can be broadcast.

The hospital has denied that anyone within its senior management or media unit was contacted.

The radio station insists appropriate checks were conducted before the pre-recorded item was broadcast.

Ms Saldanha was originally from Mangalore in southwest India, according to reports which have named her children as daughter Lisha, 14, and son Junal, 16.

Scotland Yard said the post-mortem would be held at Westminster Mortuary and it was likely an inquest would be opened and adjourned at Westminster Coroner's Court later this week

The Duchess of Cambridge has cancelled an appearance at the UK premiere of The Hobbit tomorrow because of her pregnancy sickness but The Duke of Cambridge will attend.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/radio-prank-nurse-post-mortem-examination-due-044434414.html

greybeard
12th December 2012, 14:44
Royal Prank Call Nurse 'Was Found Hanged'

The nurse who died after a hoax call to a hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge was found hanged, Sky sources say.

Jacintha Saldanha was discovered on Friday morning in her room at staff accommodation near the hospital in west London. An inquest is due to open on Thursday.

"If it adds anything to this very tragic story it indicates a very determined bid to kill herself, rather than what some people describe as a cry for help," said Sky's Martin Brunt.

"I also understand ... that a suicide note was left in which she, we believe, gave some explanation for the actions that she's thought to have taken."

The 46-year-old mother-of-two was found dead days after an Australian radio station duped staff at King Edward Vll Hospital into revealing details of the Duchess's condition. She was suffering from acute morning sickness.

Two presenters on Sydney's 2Day FM radio station called the hospital pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles.

Mrs Saldanha, who took the call, transferred it to the ward where the Duchess was being treated. A second nurse then divulged details of her condition.

The post-mortem to establish the cause of Mrs Saldanha's death began on Tuesday and has concluded, but the result will not be officially announced until a hearing at Westminster Coroner's Court on Thursday morning.

The death is not being treated as suspicious and the inquest is expected to be opened and adjourned as inquiries are continuing.

Initial official statements suggested Mrs Saldanha was alive but unconscious when she was discovered. However, it is now understood she was found dead.

Speaking at Prime Minister's Questions, David Cameron said: "She clearly loved her job, loved her work, cared deeply about the health of her patients, and what's happened is a complete tragedy. There are many lessons that need to be learned."

Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) is to start running adverts again on 2Day FM on Thursday. Until the end of the year all profits the station makes from advertising will be donated to a memorial fund established in aid of Mrs Saldanha's family.

A minimum contribution of AUS\$500,000 (£326,000) will be made, the company said.

Earlier this week Mrs Saldanha's husband and two children paid tribute to a "loving mother and loving wife".

It is understood the family are making arrangements to return her body to her native India. A private memorial service is expected to be held later this week.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/royal-prank-call-nurse-found-hanged-092316620.html#is2mN3E

Cidersomerset
12th December 2012, 16:02
Under Australian regulations, the permission of anyone on the receiving end of a radio prank must be sought before the call can be broadcast.

The hospital has denied that anyone within its senior management or media unit was contacted.

The radio station insists appropriate checks were conducted before the pre-recorded item was broadcast.

This is where any basis for legal action would come from. Dom Joly was refferring to this the other day on the radio...

"I also understand ... that a suicide note was left in which she, we believe, gave some explanation for the actions that she's thought to have taken."

This is another vital clue to her mindset if she did leave a note !

greybeard
12th December 2012, 19:30

This is where any basis for legal action would come from. Dom Joly was refferring to this the other day on the radio...

This is another vital clue to her mindset if she did leave a note !

Yes there are some things that do not add up.
I dont want to second guess anything.

BUT!!!!

I cant see that a person in a "normal" state of mind would take their life just because they passed on a hoax call unknowingly.
Fair enough people committing suicide are not in a normal state of mind.
Its all ways sad when a person sees this as the only solution.
My thoughts are with all concerned in this very unfortunate situation.

Chris

Cidersomerset
13th December 2012, 11:48
I cant see that a person in a "normal" state of mind would take their life just because they passed on a hoax call unknowingly.
Fair enough people committing suicide are not in a normal state of mind.
Its all ways sad when a person sees this as the only solution.
My thoughts are with all concerned in this very unfortunate situation.

Chris

This is the part that does not make sence , and i agree with your sentiments.......Steve

Cidersomerset
13th December 2012, 11:52
This still does not make sence !!

MIRROR ON LINE .......

Kate Middleton prank call tragedy: Nurse was found hanging
13 Dec 2012 09:52

Two notes were found in her room and one among her possessions, an inquest has heard

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1479598.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Jacintha+main

Royal hoax nurse Jacintha Saldanha was found hanged, an inquest heard today.

Jacintha Saldanha, 46, a mum-of-two from Bristol, was found in her nurses' quarters by a colleague and a security guard on Friday.

There were also marks on her wrist.

Two notes were found in her room and another was among her possessions, London's Westminster Coroner's Court was told.

Detective Chief Inspector James Harman said: "On Friday 7 December Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging.

"There was also injuries to her wrist.

"The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene. At this time there are no suspicious circumstances."

DJs: Mel Greig and Michael Christian
PA

Detectives are also looking into telephone calls and emails to see if they throw any light on the death, Mr Harman said.

He told the Coroner, Dr Fiona Wilcox, that Scotland Yard detectives would be in contact with their colleagues in Australia to interview witnesses to "put the best evidence before you" about the circumstances of the death.

He said: "I can expect in the very near future to be in contact with colleagues in New South Wales."

The body of Indian-born Ms Saldanha had been visually identified by her accountant husband Benedict Barboza, the court heard.

None of Ms Saldanha's heartbroken relatives were at the five-minute hearing but they were not forgotten by the coroner.

As she set a provisional date of 26 March next year for the next hearing Dr Wilcox told family representatives in the court: "I would like the police to pass on my sympathies to her family and everybody who has been touched by this tragic death."

Ms Saldanha had been fooled by the two DJs into believing they were the Queen and Prince of Wales during the prank call to the King Edward VII's Hospital in London.

She had unwittingly transferred the call from the Sydney-based station 2Day FM to a colleague, who described in detail the condition of Kate, who was being treated at the time for severe pregnancy sickness.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jacintha-saldanha-kate-middleton-prank-1487592

================================================== ==

MIRROR ON LINE.....

"Do you know where my wife is?" Jacintha Saldanha's hospital 'didn't call husband to tell him prank call nurse had died'
13 Dec 2012 00:00

Ben Barboza only found out about his wife's death when she failed to return home and he called for newsThe husband of royal hoax nurse Jacintha Saldanha had to call the hospital where she worked to find out about her death, a friend said yesterday.Ben Barboza phoned up after Jacintha, who is thought to have hanged herself, failed to return to their home in Bristol on Friday.

Ivan D’Souza, 47, who lives next door to Jacintha’s family in Mangalore, India, said she was about two hours late when Ben called the King Edward VII Hospital in London.Mr D’Souza claims it was at this point he discovered Jacintha, 46, had killed herself in her nurse’s flat near the hospital.The Mirror has already revealed how Ben had not heard from his wife since Tuesday – when the prank call took place.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-prank-call-nurse-1487359

Debra
13th December 2012, 12:33
It is very sad. I look at the photos of her that have been released, and in both of them (her id photo and the one with supposedly her two children with their faces blurred out) she looks quite sad, hollow eyes.

I won't say anymore, except it still doesn't sit right. My thoughts too are with those who have lost her in this way. Awful.

panopticon
13th December 2012, 13:44
I heard Dom Joly, well known for such pranks on the radio earlier.He said this
was pre recorded, and should have been checked with media lawyers before
broadcast , and ringing a hospital was going to far. I don't know whether
this radio station used lawyers or not ?

G'day Cid,

I don't know whether this has already been mentioned in the thread but in Oz it has been reported that they did receive authorisation.
The pre-recorded call was authorised for use by the stations lawyers and the DJ's "supervisors". 2DayFM says it tried to advise the Hospital of the hoax after it occurred but before it was aired. The Hospital denied that this happened however declined to comment as to whether there had been any unanswered messages from 2DayFM.
Also the call was made after, or between, receptionist shifts and in those cases it appears to be Hospital practise for a nurse to answer. It has also been said that if a receptionist had answered the hoax would have probably been identified and made it no further.

There is a general consensus in the Australian media that there is much more to this than a phone call.
The British "attack dog" media is being mentioned as having a lot to answer for and there have been the odd comment that this has distracted attention from the Levenson Inquiry and Murdoch's grubby reshuffle of News Corp as a means of damage control...

I feel sorry for Jacintha Saldanha's family. Following a suicide there is more than enough guilt floating around and being caught in this kind of circus... Well, I simply can not imagine it.

As for her reasons (if she wasn't assisted) there are so many possibilities...
Maybe the ridicule from social and corporate media was unbearable for her.
Maybe she was given a hard time at work (who knows she might have been given a formal warning, or something similar, that has magically disappeared).
The pressure may have been to much for her, especially if she had pre-existing problems that were exacerbated by the media attention.

Simply we have no way of knowing and I just hope that the truth does eventually come to light for the family and those affected by this tragedy.
Kind Regards,
Panopticon

Cidersomerset
13th December 2012, 14:18
I agree panoptican something is not sitting right on this.......

As for her reasons (if she wasn't assisted) there are so many possibilities...
Maybe the ridicule from social and corporate media was unbearable for her.
Maybe she was given a hard time at work (who knows she might have been given a formal warning, or something similar, that has magically disappeared).
The pressure may have been to much for her, especially if she had pre-existing problems that were exacerbated by the media attention.

A quote from the Mirror article...

Detective Chief Inspector James Harman said: "On Friday 7 December Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging.

"There was also injuries to her wrist.

"The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene. At this time there are no suspicious circumstances."

What does this suggest ? she tried to cut her wrists first, then hung herself ?

This is an extreme reaction , whatever the circumstances !

Gardener
13th December 2012, 14:24
There are some glaringly obvious inconsistencies.
1. Giving information over the phone in health care setting is just not done, period. What can be said is for example someone is 'comfortable' 'had good night' and they will refer close relative to make appointment to speak in person with surgeon, staff nurse, etc. Thats the protocol.
2. The person/nurse? who did discuss 'something' is not being named or discussed in the media.
3 The media are placing all the focus on this poor girl who merely answered the phone and passed the call to the relevent person/department/ward.

Are we supposed to associate and focus our attention on the suicide but not ask why we do not hear about the who why's and wherefores of the actual objective breach.

Cidersomerset
13th December 2012, 16:47
Labour MP Keith Vas says in the interview he has written to the radio
company asking for the full facts ?....

JbYixV9y6fY

Published on 13 Dec 2012

Prank call nurse found hanging. Jacintha Saldanha, 46, a mother-of-two from Bristol, was found in
her nurses' quarters by a colleague and a security guard on Friday. There were also marks on her
wrist. Two notes were found in her room and another was among her possessions, London's
Westminster Coroner's Court was told.

Cidersomerset
13th December 2012, 17:03
This report from India suggests 3 notes and that she had been contemplating
suiside for a while. Still speculation but interresting .....

rS49oVYYm98

Published on 13 Dec 2012

The autopsy report of the Indian origin nurse, Jacintha Saldanha, who was found hanging
in UK after being duped by a prank call from two Australian DJs, is now out. The report
says the nurse committed suicide. According to the report, Saldanha was found hanging
by the neck from a scarf on a wardrobe door in her room. She was found dead by a
colleague and a member of the security staff at London's King Edward VII Hospital on Friday.

panopticon
14th December 2012, 01:42
Article I just came across from the Oz newspaper The Age written by Katharine Murphy (National Affairs Correspondent, The Age) that covers most of what is being said in Australia.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/no-one-is-laughing-now-20121209-2b3gb.html

####

No One Is Laughing Now

After the 'pranked' nurse tragedy, the media needs to look deep into its heart.

http://images.theage.com.au/2012/12/10/3877741/ZAH_suicide_LN_021012-20121210000614736359-300x0.jpg

SO UNSPEAKABLY awful. Can a prank call by a couple of commercial radio ''funsters'' from Australia really have triggered a woman's suicide in London? The randomness is shocking. A call that wasn't supposed to get through gets through. A conversation that wasn't supposed to happen happens. Radio ratings gold and high-fives all round. Everyone so caught up in the caper that no one imagines what could possibly go wrong.

It's all just a lark, and stunningly effective; global notoriety in 5½ seconds.

Everyone stoked. The British media, deep in the trauma of its post-Leveson funk, suddenly able to sneer at the audacity of the uncouth colonials in the hope that it might convince their reading and listening and viewing public that there is someone out there in the world more obnoxious and atrocious and craven than them.

The uncouth colonials for their part had stolen a march on the competition, which is always an objective if not the objective. The Sydney radio scene jumps the shark again, which is its stock-in-trade, its crass little signature. Look at me. I'm being outrageous. Isn't that cool?

Those inclined to fluff feathers in consternation did. Facebook popped with alternating sneers and cheers. And in London, a nurse meant to be a tiny cameo in the whole episode went off-script and became the story when she didn't come home. A presumed suicide by a mother and a wife a few weeks shy of Christmas.

Now no one is laughing.

And then, when it seemed impossible for the event to become even more abject, the obscenity continued. A crowd gathered to pronounce upon Jacintha Saldanha's death, not letting the lack of available facts deter them from their roiling, punishing conjecture. The culture rose collectively to a shriek of assumption. Blame was promptly apportioned. The two presenters were trussed for the bonfire. Media outlets covered it all blow by blow; experts delivered pronouncements; advertisers quivered their discomfiture; trenchant media critics went into excoriation mode: a multi-dimensional circus seemingly untethered from an event solemn and shocking and profound.

The radio station brought in the lawyers and the spinners. A terrible, tight-throated press conference ensued where a 2Day FM manager tried too evidently to straddle the riding instructions of both sets of advisers: concede nothing, project sorrow - and don't sweat the segue.

Formulation one: ''Nobody could have reasonably foreseen this event.'' (Presumably that's a defence against negligence.) Formulation two: ''We are incredibly saddened for the family.'' (Public relations 101, made good with authenticity. Of course they are. How could anyone be otherwise?)

I feel ambivalent about writing this column: sideline remarks on a tragedy. At one level it's mawkish and obscene - a final violation. I don't know why this lady ended her life, assuming she did. Did it relate to the shock and humiliation of being swept up unexpectedly into a made-for-promo parlour game concocted by people she'd never met? It's terrible, whatever the reason. A woman who cared for sick and vulnerable people taken to despair by such vapidity. The contrast between what mattered and what didn't in this episode is searing.

This is the great irony of our connected world - it seems to be disconnecting us in stealthy increments from essential nourishment: from kindness and civility and comfort. We feel hurled into a vituperative wasteland of shame and blame, of cavalier brutality - a place where despair can be annihilating. It's connection without communion, engagement without empathy.

I don't want this column to be a media seminar. I just want to say this. No one meant for this to happen. There was no malice. There was a palpable absence of malice. This is a tragedy, plain and simple. I wish I could hug Jacintha Saldanha's children. I wish I could have told their mother that it was all crap and none of it mattered and it would be gone just as suddenly as it arrived; that nothing adheres any more - we are so addled and over-stimulated we will have forgotten by this time next week.

I also feel very sorry for two Sydney radio employees who won't be able to forget; who are going to have to live with this for the rest of their lives. I don't blame them, what reasonable person could? They are components of a system, and we've all done something without sufficient regard for the consequences.

But this is a column worth writing for this reason. The media needs to look unflinchingly into the heart of our most difficult year in living memory. We need to wake up. We need to start making connections again. We need to start acting like we are accountable, even if no one actually enforces the accountability. We need to engage, and to prioritise substance over notoriety.

We can stand removed from our community and howl on about our lost world, make excuses, blame our victims, blather among ourselves, indulge our existential nightmares with wanton stunts, and lash out at our critics, because they just don't ''get'' us. But we will be standing alone, in the make-believe world we've constructed.

And it will crumble around us.
Source (http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/no-one-is-laughing-now-20121209-2b3gb.html).

greybeard
14th December 2012, 10:40
Jacintha-Saldanha-Hoax-nurse-left-suicide-note-criticising-senior-hospital-staff-treatment-days-leading-death.

Hoax call nurse 'left suicide note criticising senior hospital staff over her treatment in days leading up to her death'

Devastated Jacintha Saldanha left three suicide notes following prank call
She used one note to 'criticise hospital over her treatment', sources say
Mother-of-two also described her struggle to come to terms with the hoax
Student nurses in India held a candlelit vigil to pray for 'excellent nurse', 46
Grieving husband calls for an inquiry into exactly what happened

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247848/Jacintha-Saldanha-Hoax-nurse-left-suicide-note-criticising-senior-hospital-staff-treatment-days-leading-death.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Too full an account with pictures to post here but all on link.
Chris

Cidersomerset
14th December 2012, 10:59
MIRROR ON LINE .............................

Nurse Jacintha Saldanha wrote three emotional notes revealing the anguish that led to her suicide after she was duped by two Aussie DJs into believing they were royalty.

In one, the distraught mum-of-two outlines how she struggled to come to terms with the prank call by Mel Greig and Michael Christian to the hospital where pregnant Duchess
Kate was being treated for severe morning sickness.But in another she ­criticises senior colleagues at the King Edward VII hospital over her ­treatment after the pair had
pretended to be the Queen and Prince Charles asking about the ­duchess’s condition. That note is said to have left her family furious.

Grieving husband Ben Barboza is understood to want an inquiry into the hospital and an independent probe into the days leading up to her death.As the anger grew last night,
it was revealed staff at 2Day FM in Sydney, the station behind the hoax, had been ordered to live in safe houses after receiving death threats.A source close to Jacintha’s
family said: “One of the letters, which is the longest, deals with the hospital and is critical in its tone. Needless to say, Ben wants a full inquiry into what happened, and he
wants to make sure the truth comes out. Within the letter Jacintha calls into question some of the treatment she received at the hospital.”

Police are in possession of the original notes. However the family have been provided with transcripts of all three.Jacintha’s third suicide letter is more of a practical one which
deals with the 46-year-old’s funeral arrangements.Senior Labour MP Keith Vaz, who is working on behalf of her ­relatives, said last night: “The truth of this matter has to come
out for the sake of her family.”Tragic Jacintha, from Bristol, was found hanged last Friday at the nurses’ home where she was staying, the opening of her inquest at Westminster
coroner’s court was told. The contents of the letters were not read out, however the family source insisted they want the truth to be made public about what happened.

Detective Chief Inspector James Harman of the Met told the hearing: “Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security hanging from a scarf attached to a
wardrobe. There were also some injuries to her wrists.“At this time there are no ­suspicious circumstances. Two notes were found at the scene and another note recovered from
her ­belongings.”Coroner’s officer Linda Martin said unsuccessful attempts were made to resuscitate Jacintha, who had a daughter, Lisha, 14, and 16-year-old son Junal.

Her body was ­identified by Ben, 49, and a postmortem was carried out on Tuesday. Mr Harman said police in New South Wales had been asked to obtain statements from
Greig and ­Christian. Friends and family of the victim were being ­interviewed and emails and any phone calls made ­investigated.Coroner Fiona Wilcox fixed a provisional date for
a full inquest on March 26, which would have been Jacintha’s 47th birthday.She told relatives in court: “I would like to pass on my sympathy to you and her family and all those
who have been touched by this terribly tragic death.” Jacintha had answered the prank call from the DJs and put them through to another nurse who gave out details of Kate’s condition.

Mr Vaz has written a letter to King Edward VII chief executive John Lofthouse about the tragedy. It contained a reference to comments made by David Cameron that “having the
full facts” allows people to come to terms with what has happened. The campaigning MP wrote: “I have dealt with similar cases in the past and I would agree with the Prime Minister
that the family need to get the full facts, from the time she took the call from 2Day FM to the time she was found.”The letter also said Jacintha’s family would take up the hospital’s
offer of bereavement counselling and they had also given bosses a list of questions they wanted answered. Southern Cross Austereo, which owns 2Day FM, has said all profits from
advertising on the station for the rest of the year would be given to a fund for her grieving family, with at least £320,000 being donated.But there were fears for its staff last night
over the sick death threats. Some have been sent to safe houses and hotels and 24 guards have been recruited to protect them. One of the threats that arrived yesterday is alleged
to ­specifically target Christian warning there are “bullets with your name on” and others involve a shotgun.The menacing threat is believed to have originated from South Australia
and was ­delivered to the wrong address.Mr Vaz said Jacintha’s relatives will hold a ­memorial service for her in London tomorrow. He did not reveal the venue but said the event would
be for “family and friends all over the country” to celebrate her life.

It is understood the service will be at ­Westminster Cathedral.The King Edward VII ­pledged to carry on helping Ben and other ­relatives.
A spokeswoman said: “The hospital has met with the family and will continue to support them for as long as is required.” She added that a senior member of staff has been assigned
to “comfort” them.Mr Cameron paid tribute to Jacintha in the Commons on Wednesday. He said: “She clearly loved her job, loved her work and cared deeply about the health of her
patients and what has happened is a tragedy. There will be many lessons that need to be learnt.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-prank-call-royal-1488880

I was trying to think of a comment and Tony gave me inspiration with his latest
thread...........Intuition..

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53139-Trusting-intuition.

Cidersomerset
15th December 2012, 17:43
PEuZh90Ni_w

Published on 15 Dec 2012

Lisha, the teen daughter of nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who committed suicide after
taking a prank call in the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge, says:
"We will miss your laughter, the loving memories and the good times we had
together. There's an unfillable void in our lives.".

mahalall
15th December 2012, 18:09
In a similar incident, Nurse (Margaret Gettins)50, hanged herself after being 'bullied by name-calling hospital colleagues'

Face the facts!

Bullying is endemic in the UK NHS National Health Service (1) According to one estimate, workplace bullying and harassment cost the NHS more than £325m a year.It has been estimated that workplace bullying affects up to 50 per cent of the UK workforce at some time.(2) . One in three of the 563 people questioned said the bullying was so bad they had to take time off work. Constant criticism and humiliation were the most common complaints(3)

So why not stand up and admit Nurse Saldanda may have been bullied !

a) The floods gates of litigation would open,
At present UK has no specific anti-bullying law at present legal redress can be obtained via a number of different avenues.

In the case of Majrowski vs. Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust William Majrowski claimed that his manager bullied and harassed him, which was upheld under the trust’s harassment policy. Four years later he started proceedings against the trust under the PHA, claiming damages. Majrowski made claim against the trust and not the individual manager for breach of PHA, which was at first rejected, but when the claim was heard in the House of Lords the trust was found liable, with the trust having a responsibility to protect the employer. It is such that claimants under the PHA do not have to prove negligence or that they have suffered physical or psychological injury.

b) Recognising that a product causes harm is not really a sales pitch.
Nhs hospitals are being encouraged by the government to sell their services abroad, setting up clinics with the famous NHS brand to pull in much-needed cash for the health service from overseas (5)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1294580/Nurse-50-hangs-bullied-calling-hospital-colleagues.html
1)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying_in_nursing
2)http://www.hsj.co.uk/news/workforce/how-to-beat-nhs-workplace-bullying/1970330.article
3)http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3181866.stm
4)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-19421195
5)http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/aug/21/nhs-brand-sold-overseas-hospitals

Star Tsar
16th December 2012, 18:44
Well it would seem that even BBC journalists think that this is a weird case...

http://beforeitsnews.com/media/2012/12/the-jacintha-saldanha-story-doesnt-make-sense-says-bbc-2450534.html

Tarka the Duck
16th December 2012, 19:01
Well it would seem that even BBC journalists think that this is a weird case...

http://beforeitsnews.com/media/2012/12/the-jacintha-saldanha-story-doesnt-make-sense-says-bbc-2450534.html

It seems Julius Abraham is not a "BBC journalist": he's a freelance director.

~~~~
Name: Julius Abraham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newtalent/film/success_factual.shtml

Star Tsar
16th December 2012, 19:19
According to the link he is but thanks TtD for digging deeper!
It does also state the page has not been updated since 2008.
But I've never heard or seen the fellow before now.
:)

sigma6
17th December 2012, 22:21
Jacintha-Saldanha-Hoax-nurse-left-suicide-note-criticising-senior-hospital-staff-treatment-days-leading-death.

Hoax call nurse 'left suicide note criticising senior hospital staff over her treatment in days leading up to her death'

Devastated Jacintha Saldanha left three suicide notes following prank call
She used one note to 'criticise hospital over her treatment', sources say
Mother-of-two also described her struggle to come to terms with the hoax
Student nurses in India held a candlelit vigil to pray for 'excellent nurse', 46
Grieving husband calls for an inquiry into exactly what happened

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247848/Jacintha-Saldanha-Hoax-nurse-left-suicide-note-criticising-senior-hospital-staff-treatment-days-leading-death.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Too full an account with pictures to post here but all on link.
Chris

those notes seem awfully late in coming? ...can we really be sure they are real? and if they cannot be vouched for absolutely then you still have two fundamentally different interpretations depending whether they are or not ... and even if they are that's sounds so unbelievably out of context... unless she like had a history of being manic depressive, or she just found out she had cancer, or she was in the middle of a major divorce and bankruptcy, or perhaps she just recently stopped taking a Prozac subscription or something like that...

like gives us something at the very least probable... (but then that kind of evidence would be near impossible to fake...) and that information is contrary to what the hospital stated, and that kind of 'criticism', as weak as it is in and of itself, would be more appropriately applied to the other nurse with the slack jaw... and we don't hear her confirming any of this... and she couldn't have escaped the criticism, could she...???

3 notes? someone is really outdoing themselves... has anyone ever heard of a suicide case where the victim decided to write 3 separate and individual notes? (sounds rather unusual to me... )

'radar' telling me ...still not getting the whole picture...

Paul
17th December 2012, 22:43
'radar' telling me ...still not getting the whole picture...
Mine's telling me that too :)

sdv
18th December 2012, 08:01
Bullying is endemic in the UK NHS National Health Service (1) According to one estimate, workplace bullying and harassment cost the NHS more than £325m a year.It has been estimated that workplace bullying affects up to 50 per cent of the UK workforce at some time.(2) . One in three of the 563 people questioned said the bullying was so bad they had to take time off work. Constant criticism and humiliation were the most common complaints(3)

I have experienced a bully from the UK. She joined the company in a management position (I was reporting to her). I left the company (and gave up a very successful career) six months later. I couldn't work in an atmosphere where I am upset and scared all the time. Within a year, people had left in droves and there was no one left of the department I had managed. Just before she joined the company someone warned me that she had been with two other companies in this country and in both people had resigned, and that she 'travelled' with an assistant. Her assistant didn't join her when she moved to us but she brought someone else on board who is also a bully. It was devastating what this bitch from the UK did to the compay that had no experience of what to do with a bully in a senior management position.

We must remember that the nurse was from India, which is a different culture. The effect a bully has on a person from a different culture is devastating, and compounded when that bully is in a position of power.

It has probably has never occured to this woman from the UK that she is a bully who does damage. She is just acting in the way people do in the UK and she was successful in her career there.

Maybe we too often jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon from our limited perspective and total ignorance of the complexity of context.

Woody
18th December 2012, 10:11

I have experienced a bully from the UK. She joined the company in a management position (I was reporting to her). I left the company (and gave up a very successful career) six months later. I couldn't work in an atmosphere where I am upset and scared all the time. Within a year, people had left in droves and there was no one left of the department I had managed. Just before she joined the company
someone warned me that she had been with two other companies in this country and in both people had resigned, and that she 'travelled' with an assistant. Her assistant didn't join her when she moved to us but she brought someone else on board who is also a bully. It was devastating what this bitch from the UK did to the compay that had no experience of what to do with a bully in a senior management position

We must remember that the nurse was from India, which is a different culture. The effect a bully has on a person from a different culture is devastating, and compounded when that bully is in a position of power.

It has probably has never occured to this woman from the UK that she is a bully who does damage. She is just acting in the way people do in the UK and she was successful in her career there
Maybe we too often jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon from our limited
perspective and total ignorance of the complexity of context.

Hi sdv, i also have experienced bullying while nursing in the nhs, it seems the prefered management style of the nhs.
In my case i was bullied by one senior manager and her partner in the crime, who was a nurse the same grade as myself. They made my life hell for twelve months, causing me to experience panic attacks and depression.
I eventually left with no job to go to, i have not been able to face nursing since, even though i love the caring/nursing part of my profession.
I am filled with dread when i think about nursing, but really want to nurse!
I feel i am weak minded.

Anyway, i can see how the management involved in the tragic nurse suicide could easily have pushed her over the edge, she probably thought the whole of uk wa against her.
Also nursing is very much a blame culture!

Sorry if this is off topic.

Kind regards,
Woody

mahalall
18th December 2012, 11:15
Thanks Sdv, Woody,

It's not off topic, it's the heart of the issue.

Would any manager in the NHS have said to Jacintha-Saldanha, "Never mind dear, these things happen, would you like a cup of tea"?
No way! they would have been furious!! and the hospital's matron's battle axe would have been let loose on her!

So expect management and the enquiry in this case to hide any responsibility by placing all fault on lateral violence.

A theoretical concept to define nurse on nurse bullying

Many terms are used to describe the negative behaviors of nurses in health services. The most commonly used terms in recent literature are Lateral violence (1), disruptive behavior (DB) and bullying. LV among healthcare providers endangers the safety and welfare of both patients and health co-workers. LV refers to the act of intimidating, degrading that results in physical, psychological or emotional injury on a colleague or group (Dellasega 2009). LV in nursing is insidious, costly, disgusting and affects the patient care (Alspach 2007)

http://www.ukessays.com/essays/nursing/effects-of-lateral-violence-on-nursing-workforce-organization-and-patient-nursing-essay.php

greybeard
18th December 2012, 11:52
Something missing from the news story's.
There is no mention of the nurse who actually gave out the information.
My thoughts are with the family but I have to say that all the photos that have been release probably do not do justice to the woman who committed suicide.
She looks unwell, unhappy, etc.

My feeling is that the nurse who would/could have borne the brunt of criticism bullying etc is nowhere to be seen.
I could just possibly understand if she was the one that killed herself, but not the one, that, seemingly did, having played a very small part in the whole thing.
However sometimes what is reported is actually the truth.
We may never know.

Chris

Flash
18th December 2012, 16:42
Yes, I saw the same in all her pictures, Samantha looked quite unhappy to start with, all along.

I bet she was really blasted after the call, probably from THE nurse or her immediate entourage, because THE nurse who handled the call was made look bad and had to blame someone. Or her immediate entourage did it.