PDA

View Full Version : Driving Dogs

AriG
8th December 2012, 12:57
These three dogs rescued from a New Zealand animal shelter are being taught to drive in an effort to show how intelligent they are -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/dec/06/dogs-drive-new-zealand-video

There's not much I can add to this.... just thought I'd pass on a little giggle to lighten the day.

Keltikmuse
8th December 2012, 13:20
Saw this on the 'One show' yesterday. But why go to such lengths to prove rescue dogs are intelligent? amusing tho'.

BrianEn
8th December 2012, 16:14
Thank you that was great. Reminded me of one of my all-time favorite commerials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGppj1PdZlA

TigaHawk
8th December 2012, 20:34
Saw this on the 'One show' yesterday. But why go to such lengths to prove rescue dogs are intelligent? amusing tho'.

To try and draw attention to them. The first thing people think of when buying a pet is to go to the pet store, or a breeder. This only encourages and supports animal cruelty.

By getting a bunch of rescued dogs to learn how to drive a car, they are making them famous. Up on the level with show dogs, you dont need to be from a breeder with certificates of pedigree (or the same from a pet shop) for the animal to be Amazingly tallented.

They will be the talk of NZ for months, and i am glad they have done this around Christmas time, it will be very interesting to see the numbers for animals dumped around & after xmas in comparison in other years to see if it had the impact intended.

(Why buy from a breeder or pet store?? Says the NZ SPCA! Our rescued animals have got what it takes to drive a car! :D )

BrianEn
8th December 2012, 20:58
I know some great dogs that came from the pound.

Ellisa
9th December 2012, 05:32
My dog is a second hand dog, he's a pug! I don't think you could ever make a video to show how intelligent he is, because he isn't --- but he is great company, has a huge sense of humour and he makes me laugh!

Unless you need a dog of specific breed, a sheepdog for example, I think people should give older dogs a go. I have never had a pug before, I wasn't sure I liked them, but now I love this representative of the breed, with all its inbred fault,

Those driver dogs all look really sweet and I'd be happy to have a pet who was like them. They certainly are clever, and that whippet cross looks so pleased with itself.