PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Meteor Shower Tonight! Live & In Color!

Hip Hipnotist
14th December 2012, 01:00
Just thought I'd share this...

http://news.yahoo.com/brilliant-geminid-meteor-shower-peaks-tonight-122200382.html

Way up here in the mountains should be a good show.

And the sky is clear!

Oh, and cannabis is now officially legal here in Colorado.

Should I -- or shouldn't I?

Only my hairdresser knows for sure. ;-)

ghostrider
14th December 2012, 01:17
Thank you for reminding me about the metor showers tonight, I never want to miss a display of the cosmos and it's beauty...

Hip Hipnotist
14th December 2012, 01:23
Thank you for reminding me about the metor showers tonight, I never want to miss a display of the cosmos and it's beauty...

My pleasure.

Could this be a trailer for the ( potential ) 'really big show' the 21st?

Enquiring, or should I say 'expanding', minds want to know. ;-)

Playdo of Ataraxas
14th December 2012, 01:24
I just happened to walk outside, and it is a beautiful clear night in Mississippi, and I just saw the most amazing meteor! It's tail stretched nearly across the entire sky! And I had no idea there was a meteor shower until I saw this thread title. Cool.

Marianne
14th December 2012, 02:15
Bump up for this thread. No meteors here yet, but the sky is very clear, and the dark moon enhances the visibility.

ghostrider
14th December 2012, 05:23
soon as I went outside, bang saw a metor streaking across the sky, too cool !!

conk
14th December 2012, 17:03
I live in the Northern Alabama, USA. Last night my cousin stopped by and as our family is wont to do, I walked him to his car when he left. Just as I looked across the street at a Xmas display he exclaimed loudly, "damn! Did you see that", and ran around the house. I followed, but missed it. He said he saw a huge ball of light streaking across the sky, with sparks flying off the back end. It had a very long tail. It must have been a real sight, as he was very animated for several minutes. Sure hate I missed it.

mahalall
14th December 2012, 17:11
helping us to see beyond the clouds, thankyou
MwQD9yCjDfs