PDA

View Full Version : Why is pork bad for you in regards to spirituality?

Poly Hedra
16th December 2012, 19:08
After watching a video by Inelia Benz (I think it was her). She mentioned that pork and beef was the worst meat to eat because it makes you heavy and unable to reach your full potential regarding your ability to raise your frequency.
I have searched google to find out why but the only info I could find was religious reasons eg. Muslims and Jews.
I was reading somewhere that pigs are so similar to humans and they use pig parts in human transplants. We all know that. I have learned that the pigs carry the same diseases as us.
I have learned about the fact that the nitrates used in the smoking process of pork is cancerous. I also know that all meat is best to be consumed in tiny amounts but I'm particularly interested in pork as I love it. When i say I love it I mean i really love it too much. Although recently I have been totally turned off it because apparently cannibals have described humans as tasting like pork.
I want to know what the reason is spiritually.
Any info? Thanks.

Keltikmuse
16th December 2012, 19:17
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/reasons-not-to-eat-pig/
http://shadygroveranch.net/is-pork-unclean

Found these hope they help

¤=[Post Update]=¤

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydz9XCam-ME

and of course this old favourite

Rocky_Shorz
16th December 2012, 19:23
actually Pork is a very special meat that increases connection to Spirit...

I eat pork weekly, and don't know how anyone could take being more connected... ;)

the question is, why were Muslims and Jews told not to eat it?

who would want them held back from self communications?

Poly Hedra
16th December 2012, 19:24
I 'm actually traumatized from reading the first link. Worms and parasites. My boyfriend is sitting next to me is declaring "Why do you read this stuff!!"

Carmody
16th December 2012, 19:31
Truth is better than self lies or lies, no matter the pain aspect. IMO and IME.

Regarding vegetarians, Pork, specifically cooked bacon, is known as 'the gateway meat'. People have a hard time turning down bacon, it seems.

Understand that pigs are twice as fast to learn via dog training techniques than dogs are. twice. minimum. Thus they are notably mentally faster and smarter than dogs.

Would you treat a dog the same way as people treat pigs that are to be eaten?

getting to a pure diet does indeed help raise one's intelligence and capacity to be intelligent. Being 'smart' does not count. That is not intelligence. Big difference.

It has to happen in the context of mental clearing, ie, meditation, exercise, clearing the given life to remove all intrusions into the given life..and then the diet becomes a cornerstone and critical aspect of raising vibration. all at once. The same deal is that if one's foot is 10 feet below water, then one's head cannot be clear of the surface and one cannot be breathing air. all parts must be in position.

Keltikmuse
16th December 2012, 19:37
Can I just say in my defense that I do not refrain from eating pork..I simply cannot. But sent the links to see if it helped. Sorry if it upset you. Vive la crackling I say !!!

Poly Hedra
16th December 2012, 19:45
Yes I agree wholeheartedly. They are very clever and I would never treat a dog in such a way. Pork is like a staple diet in Ireland lol. I have never thought about this before. When my boyfriend asked me why i read this stuff I asked him if he would rather live in ignorant bliss or know what he is putting into his body. he opted for ignorance. :(:(
I have a phobia of worms/maggots. To know that these worms are on the flesh of the pig, that these worms don't necessarily die after the cooking process etc. OMG I am totally never eating pork again. That has done it for me.
But i would like to know about the spiritual aspect of the reason why pork and beef, so called heavy meat are a detriment to your spiritual health, so to speak.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Can I just say in my defense that I do not refrain from eating pork..I simply cannot. But sent the links to see if it helped. Sorry if it upset you. Vive la crackling I say !!!

No you didn't upset me at all :)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

It has to happen in the context of mental clearing, ie, meditation, exercise, clearing the given life to remove all intrusions into the given life..and then the diet becomes a cornerstone and critical aspect of raising vibration. all at once. The same deal is that if one's foot is 10 feet below water, then one's head cannot be clear of the surface and one cannot be breathing air. all parts must be in position.
Yes this is what I want to learn about.

modwiz
16th December 2012, 19:46
It is my understanding that the domesticated pig has some human genetics thrown into the wild boars'. Domesticated animals are an interesting subject. The medical uses for pig skin are intriguing.

Poly Hedra
16th December 2012, 19:49

I eat pork weekly, and don't know how anyone could take being more connected... ;)

I don't know if your joking or serious? :) :)

modwiz
16th December 2012, 20:08

He's .........................different.:tongue1:

Rocky_Shorz
16th December 2012, 20:11
totally serious, I solved over 170 missing children cases...

I cooked 8 racks of Pork Spare Ribs last week for a party...

I have 2 big hams for Christmas and New Years Day...

it's the other white meat... ;)

I eat Red meat too... ;)

if you don't eat for a while, your body starts pumping out a chemical that makes people "trip"

that is not psychic communication, it just protects the mind while a body is starving from lack of nutrition...

He's .........................different.:tongue1:

Drinking beer and eating meat is part of my special guru diet... :thumb:

ROMANWKT
16th December 2012, 20:13
Hi conec

A pig is very geneticly close to a human, read that they are a mutant genetics of humans, worm eggs reside in the pigs muscle that why the Irish pork cure the meat in salt, the reason why the Jews and the Muslims don't eat pork is because they operate on the Egyptian scriptures that state that you can eat any two hoof animal, because the are grass eaters, the pig will eat anything including you, therefore it is dirty meat, not to be touched, the only reason you would eat meat when you're on the path is to ground yourself, there is more, its enough. Rocky_Shorz is pulling your leg.

Regards

roman

Rocky_Shorz
16th December 2012, 20:22
it all depends on what you are aiming for, clean living 100 year old fruit and nut eater...

or are you here for this lifetime to experience everything good that is around you...

not allowing yourself something you enjoy is a lesson...

are you doing it for your health, or punishment?

Poly Hedra
16th December 2012, 20:29
Rocky_Shorz you messer :)
Well I love pork but the information I just learned is shocking to say the least. Today I had fried bacon for breakfast. I usually scoff the lot with pure enjoyment and it has always been my favourite meat. Lately I cant get the idea out of my head that pigs are so close to humans and that cannibals have said that humans taste like pork. That just seems inherently bad. So not as a punishment. I want to be informed and I want to know why pork is apparently bad for you spiritually speaking. As ROMANWKT says.. the only reason to eat meat is to ground yourself. Why? I want to know why why why. :)

minkton
16th December 2012, 20:31
Ayurvedic system.

Pork is tamasic.

Tamasic-Foods

Tamasic food is heavy, dull and depressing
—It induces sleep
—Under this category comes dark meat, lamb, pork, beef, as well as thick cheese
—Old and stale food is also tamasic
—Only when too much of it is eaten, it causes the dulling effect.
In moderation, tamasic food is considered as grounding and promotes stability

deridan
16th December 2012, 20:40
the old religions such as j&i had a ban on pork maybe precisely because worms&parasites were such a danger in pork meat under-cooked.
its probably down to personal metabolic preferences, but pork in any processed-meat makes me feel sluggish,
not so with p-chop marinades and beacon etc.

don't know why red meat is is seen as bad, it enlivens me (there are alcohols which soften some of its harsher effects: red wine, whiskey)
demographics in India may have been far different if cows weren't seen as sacred wanderers

that's my perspective on it, perhaps these people are putting themselves in a malaise to get above this 3dimensional world, whereas its more subtle and unknown

Mercedes
16th December 2012, 21:34
Hello conec, don't want to encourage or discourage your eating habits, just here to inform you that there is a difference when it comes to eating pork meat from a specialized farm or a pig that has been living in a very free and/or "adventurous" life.Farms that specialize in raising pigs have control over what those pigs eat and drink and of course then you also bring in to the mixture all kinds of hormones, medical drugs, non organic feeds etc or maybe the farm is a nice farm where they allow their pigs to have the best possible foods and care and their meat will be less contaminated in both cases they,the farm, is in control of how and when it takes for the pigs to get to the "ideal weight" for consumption, so on the other hand there is raising pigs in a less controlled environment which allows the animals to be fed all kind of food, and here is the cause for those worms you speak of that reside in the pigs meat, those come from the food (vegetables etc) that is fed to the pigs that were watered with sewer drainage water, this water has in it the eggs of the worms that parasite the pigs meat. Pigs have a big appetite they will eat whatever they can get, and if you set them free in a very unsanitary environment, without meeting their food requirements, they will even eat excrement (the human kind) , from doing that they will also get the eggs to the worms that reside in the pigs meat. So I think what you saw was the meat of a pig that was raised in very unsanitary environment.
Here is a link that gives a lot more details so that you don't give up on pork that easily ;)
http://www.fpnotebook.com/id/Helminth/Cystcrcs.htm

Rocky_Shorz
16th December 2012, 21:38
Rocky_Shorz you messer :)
Well I love pork but the information I just learned is shocking to say the least. Today I had fried bacon for breakfast. I usually scoff the lot with pure enjoyment and it has always been my favourite meat. Lately I cant get the idea out of my head that pigs are so close to humans and that cannibals have said that humans taste like pork. That just seems inherently bad. So not as a punishment. I want to be informed and I want to know why pork is apparently bad for you spiritually speaking. As ROMANWKT says.. the only reason to eat meat is to ground yourself. Why? I want to know why why why. :)

religions banned pork because people were getting sick from it and the religious "know it alls" banned it because it was making god angry...

well we have things like refrigerators now, and meat thermometers...

we have grills that with a snap of the fingers burst into flames...

now I don't mind cooking for the veggi tearians...

I'll roast a big pan of veggies or sweet corn for them...

but, they can't whine when the meat arrives on the table...

I eat what I enjoy...

my mom was almost to the point of having to go through dialysis for her kidneys...

she went Veggi, drinking green glop...

with bread and cheese...

she has gotten 20% function back in her kidneys...

so health reasons, are a smart move...

if someone said not eating meat would allow me to travel remotely to planets or stars, or places I want to visit on earth, I'd give it a try...

but after 2 weeks of missing meat if I closed my eyes and didn't remote travel, I'd cook a steak...

I'd realize it was just a fantasy that people are attempting to reach, and helping everyone around them, yet no one has succeeded yet...

so what do all of you think you gain by not eating pork or red meat?

scratch health, we know it isn't as good as Vegetables and fruits

but what will it accomplish?

I can live to 150 years if I give up Bacon?

who'd want to... ;)

baddbob
16th December 2012, 21:44
Why is pork bad for you in regards to spirituality
In the Old Testament, God had told the Jewish people that they could not eat a variety of foods, including pork. This is clear from the following passage in Leviticus
The LORD spoke again to Moses and to Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘These are the creatures which you may eat from all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever divides a hoof, thus making split hoofs, and chews the cud, among the animals, that you may eat. Nevertheless, you are not to eat of these, among those which chew the cud, or among those which divide the hoof: the camel, for though it chews cud, it does not divide the hoof, it is unclean to you. Likewise, the shaphan, for though it chews cud, it does not divide the hoof, it is unclean to you; the rabbit also, for though it chews cud, it does not divide the hoof, it is unclean to you; and the pig, for though it divides the hoof, thus making a split hoof, it does not chew cud, it is unclean to you. (NASB) Lev. 11:1-8

Wind
16th December 2012, 22:22
It is "heavy" so it keeps your vibrational level low. You are more dense by eating heavy meat, if you will.

I stopped eating red meat six months ago and later I actually started to see meat as disgusting. I hardly eat any meat these days. Only on rare occasions fish...

You indigest all the the suffering and the pain the animal endured before it was killed. The native American indians blessed the food which they hunted. They gave respect to our animal brothers for their sacrifice.

5hs9DqX-4Ak

No judgment, everyone has a choice. I choose not to take part in the animal abuse anymore.

minkton
16th December 2012, 22:36
It is "heavy" so it keeps your vibrational level low. You are more dense by eating heavy meat, if you will.

Yes, you are right. In ayurveda it is called tamasic.

the opposite of enlightening, the opposite of enlivening.

Living Food
16th December 2012, 23:10

You indigest all the the suffering and the pain the animal endured before it was killed. The native American indians blessed the food which they hunted. They gave respect to our animal brothers for their sacrifice.

Exactly. But that applies to all meat - pork is the worst because it is by far the most damaging to your health. Health and spirituality are inextricably tied.

I don't know when I'll be on here next (very very busy at the moment), but if it's soon then I'll explain what makes pork particularly bad.

modwiz
16th December 2012, 23:42
Although, on both sides of my family I am Native American, or Indian as Russell Means would say, it does not mean that much. That's what the Indians I meet tell me. LOL Anyway, germane to this thread I will share a musing of mine. I call it the tale of two Indians. That would be those from Asia and those from the Americas. Both were invaded by Anglos. One was genocided and the other gained their independence. There are many factors, but the one I muse over is the fact that India is a vegetarian nation. The warrior Kshatriya caste eat meat, but they include the warrior caste and meat is good for aggression and killing. Merchants belong to this class, they live to make a killing in the market. It's a cut throat kind of world they live in.

My take away is karma had a role to play in the fates of the two peoples. It's my take away that is shared for inspection. Please feel free to crap all over it. :)

The classic zombie kind of picture is a bunch of zombies hanging around picking at/eating a corpse. Eating flesh.
A group of people at a barbecue eating ribs creates evocative images for me. All I can say is, Bon Appetit. We each have our own path to walk. Life is about choices.

Deborah (ahamkara)
17th December 2012, 01:44
Modern pigs are a genetic modification of wild boar. Human DNA was used in this modification. Attachment to the "sweet" taste of pork is interesting in this light. Choose wisely.Peace.

Daughter of Time
17th December 2012, 05:34
I 'm actually traumatized from reading the first link. Worms and parasites. My boyfriend is sitting next to me is declaring "Why do you read this stuff!!"

Tell your boyfriend you read this stuff because you want to become informed and aware.

Information is power.

Misinformation is doom.

The stuff you read about worms and parasites is true.

mahalall
17th December 2012, 06:06
Sometimes we loose sight of the past.

Pigs eating human feaces is a common sight in some parts.

Even seen pigs eating human feaces that have not even hit the ground (rural bihar/india: one sees the most pleasent of sights in the morning). Frightening when some pigs there can grow twice the size of the local human populace.

Heavy on the mind, body.

Hervé
17th December 2012, 06:09
In the department of food and their potential effect on the human body and mind, I think that Edgar Cayce provides the most comprehensive panorama as to the vibrational ins and outs of foods. Check it out via your favorite search engine...

Mu2143
17th December 2012, 06:38
Pigs are a genetic combination of human DNA with wilde boar that has been created before the last time Atlantis fell.

deridan
17th December 2012, 11:51
An incorrect mental attitude produces more poisons and toxins than does eating bad food, Cayce said.

if food can be equated to a Prana value, then like others here have indicated, animals living a free animal life would be better than those force-feed in pens.

noticed how lamb is a heavier meat than mutton, heavish like pork (like mutton and beef best)

if somebody actually mixed human dna into boar,...well, then not enough effort has been made to systemize this for organ transplantation needs,
(...though i doubt it, unless i can thoroughly research it)

for those who say they've gained greater 'spirithood' though excluding meat, diets which are just carb based are said to make people more psychologically suggestible, but then most of these people have adequate veg substitutions

Fredenit
17th December 2012, 15:15
Hello there baddbob,

There is also this saying from Jesus in the New Testament, Matthew chapter 15. verse 10-11:- And He called the multitude and said unto them, "Hear and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man"
This is from a man raised as a Jew!!

blufire
17th December 2012, 16:09
I am always so baffled by vegetarians and vegans espousing that their diet preferences make them vibrate on a higher spiritual, more loving and compassionate . . . . and yet they are the very ones that are condescending, negative and hateful toward their fellow humans who are true to their omnivore nature.

Very seldom do I see an omnivore stating their diet enables them to be more superior and spiritual

I am a meat eater and also raise most of the meat we eat . . . . humanely, organically, sustainably and synergistically on our farm.

This topic comes up every few months on Avalon. The same players generally enter the fray. And yet over the years that this has been debated I have yet to see the ones on the vegan/vegetarian side appear any different that we omnivores. . there is no advanced or superior state of spirituality or wisdom etc . . . they still post the same posts and appear as the same person they have always been. Also, as far as the vegan/vegetarian being healthier? I haven’t seen this either. If what has been touted by the ‘V’s” as far as superior health from their diet then I should be dead as a doornail or at least horribly sick . . . mentally and physically. Sorry guys I’m as healthy as a 25 year old (I’m 53) and have the medical records to prove it.

In short I have not seen some sort of spiritual or physical transformation . . .still just same as the rest of us . . . still vibrate at the same frequency or whatever.

When I actually see proof that my fellow humans that are vegan and/or vegetarian are more spiritual, aware, compassionate and loving and vibrate at such a higher level that they no longer exhibit natural human traits than we omnivores then I will delve a bit deeper into giving up my T-bone steaks and pork roasts.

I respect and honor both the vegetarian and omnivore . .I wish the same could be said for many of the “V’s” . . . . we are all human and the path we choose is only that . . . a path . . . and all paths eventually lead to the exact same place.

ulli
17th December 2012, 16:20
I am always so baffled by vegetarians and vegans espousing that their diet preferences make them vibrate on a higher spiritual, more loving and compassionate . . . . and yet they are the very ones that are condescending, negative and hateful toward their fellow humans who are true to their omnivore nature.

Very seldom do I see an omnivore stating their diet enables them to be more superior and spiritual

I am a meat eater and also raise most of the meat we eat . . . . humanely, organically, sustainably and synergistically on our farm.

This topic comes up every few months on Avalon. The same players generally enter the fray. And yet over the years that this has been debated I have yet to see the ones on the vegan/vegetarian side appear any different that we omnivores. . there is no advanced or superior state of spirituality or wisdom etc . . . they still post the same posts and appear as the same person they have always been. Also, as far as the vegan/vegetarian being healthier? I haven’t seen this either. If what has been touted by the ‘V’s” as far as superior health from their diet then I should be dead as a doornail or at least horribly sick . . . mentally and physically. Sorry guys I’m as healthy as a 25 year old (I’m 53) and have the medical records to prove it.

In short I have not seen some sort of spiritual or physical transformation . . .still just same as the rest of us . . . still vibrate at the same frequency or whatever.

When I actually see proof that my fellow humans that are vegan and/or vegetarian are more spiritual, aware, compassionate and loving and vibrate at such a higher level that they no longer exhibit natural human traits than we omnivores then I will delve a bit deeper into giving up my T-bone steaks and pork roasts.

I respect and honor both the vegetarian and omnivore . .I wish the same could be said for many of the “V’s” . . . . we are all human and the path we choose is only that . . . a path . . . and all paths eventually lead to the exact same place.

I'm with you, Blufire. Sometimes a meat meal makes me feel good, and other times a raw veggie dish...
but all those feelings are fleeting anyway, and soon replaced by new ones, including hunger for different food,
hunger for change, hunger for old familiar flavors, and sometimes curiosity about the phenomenon of hunger, appetite,
and physical needs in general.
What I don't like is dogma, when people go round telling others what to do, what to eat, what to think, or not to think.
But that will continue as long as people are looking for authority giving them absolutist answers....

Maia Gabrial
17th December 2012, 16:40
But did you know, conec, that pork has maggots that can't be destroyed by any method? EWWWWW! Even if you cook the meat real well, the maggots don't die....EWWWWW! I think the Muslims and jews have the right idea about avoiding this meat....

I just want to share an idea that popped in my head as I read your thread. In the bible, there's a passage where the "god" tells man what he's permitted to eat. But they couldn't touch reptilians or bugs. Every wonder why? BTW there are humans who eat them anyway.....Could it be that these forbidden creatures are part of the species that this god was?

Not to be too funny, but maybe there's a pig god out there, too....

DNA
17th December 2012, 16:45
Truth is better than self lies or lies, no matter the pain aspect. IMO and IME.

Regarding vegetarians, Pork, specifically cooked bacon, is known as 'the gateway meat'. People have a hard time turning down bacon, it seems.

Understand that pigs are twice as fast to learn via dog training techniques than dogs are. twice. minimum. Thus they are notably mentally faster and smarter than dogs.

Would you treat a dog the same way as people treat pigs that are to be eaten?

getting to a pure diet does indeed help raise one's intelligence and capacity to be intelligent. Being 'smart' does not count. That is not intelligence. Big difference.

Bacon certainly is the "gateway" version of pork. I routinely state I don't eat pork, but then I"ll be out and about and forget to have them leave the side of bacon off of my omellete I order and I'm back to this conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YujYTVQ4_S0#!

blufire
17th December 2012, 16:52
But did you know, conec, that pork has maggots that can't be destroyed by any method? EWWWWW! Even if you cook the meat real well, the maggots don't die....EWWWWW! I think the Muslims and jews have the right idea about avoiding this meat....

I just want to share an idea that popped in my head as I read your thread. In the bible, there's a passage where the "god" tells man what he's permitted to eat. But they couldn't touch reptilians or bugs. Every wonder why? BTW there are humans who eat them anyway.....Could it be that these forbidden creatures are part of the species that this god was?

Not to be too funny, but maybe there's a pig god out there, too....

Please STOP with this nonsense.

And this is nonsense and spreads ignorance.

This simply is . . . not . . . true.

I certainly hope as we move forward into 2013 and the work we need to be unified in doing that we first stop spreading wrong asinine information.

We do not know the true factual reasons behind the ‘biblical’ pork boycott . . . if this was even translated correctly.

There is no actual, legitimate, scientific reason why pork should not be part of our diet . . .for those of us who choose to be omnivores.

Religious . . yes

How pork was raised . . . yes

But not out of unfounded, hypothetical HOG WASH.

RMorgan
17th December 2012, 17:02
Hey folks,

Personally, I don´t trust anyone saying that this or that is good or bad for my spirituality.

All a man can say is what is good or bad for himself, not for others.

I´ve met extremely spiritual meat eaters during my life, just like I´ve met extremely ignorant vegetarians as well.

I´m sure other choices are much more important for spirituality than diet.

I´m a vegetarian for a long time and never liked the idea of pushing my personal choices to others.

Vegetarianism is extremely good to my spirit and to my body, however, as an example, my older brother (O negative blood type) gets sick if he doesn´t eat red meat. Does it mean he´s less spiritual than me? Of course not.

Raf.

DNA
17th December 2012, 17:03
Hi conec

A pig is very geneticly close to a human, read that they are a mutant genetics of humans, worm eggs reside in the pigs muscle that why the Irish pork cure the meat in salt

I live close to the Mexican border, I worked with a woman ten years ago, very nice lady, she was born and raised in Mexico.
Anyway, she told me a heart wrenching horrible story about how her sister died from eating pork that was not cooked properly while in Mexico, and that a parasite or worm, had gotten into her brain and they were unable to remove it.

blufire
17th December 2012, 17:16
Modern pigs are a genetic modification of wild boar. Human DNA was used in this modification. Attachment to the "sweet" taste of pork is interesting in this light. Choose wisely.Peace.

More ignorance . . . .

The common hog raised today by commercial farms for human consumption are a hybrid (not gmo) between different breeds of pigs for desired efficiency and conversion in feed to weight gain ratio. They are bred for hardiness, marketability and other attributes.

When I have raised hogs in the past I personally use standard breed of pig called a Hampshire. They have been raised on family farms for generations and across the planet.

Now . . .

I can see pigs being genetically conditioned with human DNA for scientific reasons . . . heart and tissue transplants and similar. These scientifically mutated pigs would not be able to be raised on a farm let alone in commercial hog farms. . . .they would most likely not be as hardy or efficient converters of feed to market weight gain.

Stop spreading unfounded FEAR.

Akasha
17th December 2012, 17:42
IMO all meat is "bad for you in regards to spirituality". All this hair splitting is comical.

Ahimsa.....Ahimsa.....AHIMSA!

DNA
17th December 2012, 18:13
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4-BfZnNnks

blufire
17th December 2012, 18:24
IMO all meat is "bad for you in regards to spirituality". All this hair splitting is comical.

If you proclaim “unselfishly extending love to all” (ahimsa). . . then it seems hypocritical to first negatively and unlovely proclaim that some peoples views are invalid, worthless or ‘hair splitting”.

4evrneo
17th December 2012, 18:29

I stopped eating red meat six months ago and later I actually started to see meat as disgusting. I hardly eat any meat these days. Only on rare occasions fish...

5hs9DqX-4Ak

No judgment, everyone has a choice. I choose not to take part in the animal abuse anymore.

I totally agree Starseed,
Quit beef in October, Almost done with chicken too. I do still eat fish but Im working on it. Its interesting that after I put out the intention that I wanted to raise my vibration my body spontaneously started rejecting animal meats.

Tarka the Duck
17th December 2012, 18:36
Speaking personally, I don't find the assumption that true happiness/spirituality is possible if we can but change to this or that diet very beneficial. Too controlling for my liking!
The suggestion that ultimate satisfaction can be found in a physical training or a particular form of therapy etc is essentially materialistic - it places unnecessary emphasis on the physical world.
We are all different: if we are sufficiently sensitive to our physical needs, we should be free to make our own choices (I'm definitely old enough and ugly enough to do so...;)).

Kathie

And another thing :rolleyes: !

These discussions take place from the luxury of our armchairs: many of us have fitted kitchen within a couple of metres, and a range of grocery stores down the road. we have the luxury of picking and choosing our diet.

Not so in other parts of the world. For example, the diet of the average Tibetan includes goat, mutton and yak. You can't grow a lot of fruit and vegetables in that climate, and nomads rely heavily on food they get from their herds.
And I can't say I've ever met a Tibetan who isn't sincerely "spiritual" in their outlook.

Peace of Mind
17th December 2012, 19:21
I never ate pork a day in my life, so I can’t tell you how it tastes or how it makes me feel. All I know about the pig is that it’s a filthy creature. I’ve seen it squalor around in filth and will eat just about any and everything thrown their way, including its own feces. I always thank my parents for shying me away from it, and recently started thanking them for teaching me the dangers of consuming flesh (on a spiritual level). Since I’ve stopped eating other meats I’ve become less confrontational and more outgoing towards life, everything is now easy for me, and I experience very little if any negative energies. Perhaps the practice has made me over sensitive, but that’s also something that has benefitted me on so many levels.

Peace

Akasha
17th December 2012, 20:10

If you proclaim “unselfishly extending love to all” (ahimsa). . . then it seems hypocritical to first negatively and unlovely proclaim that some peoples views are invalid, worthless or ‘hair splitting”.

Not sure where you get that definition from, Blufire but the Sanskrit translation is non-violence. Granted it's similar to what you posted but different enough to reject accusations of hypocrisy. That said, I don't mind being called names if it results in a reduction in the slaughter of sentient beings.

blufire
17th December 2012, 20:23
Kathie, Thank you so much for this astute observation (about Tibetan People)

It has long been a deciding factor for me if that . . . . A truth or philosophy is not or cannot be a Truth or Philosophy for all of humanity then it cannot be Truth.

This does not mean in anyway that how a person chooses to live their own life cannot be of their own choosing or personal way of life.

But it is when we try to force this personal philosophy on others that it can become a hurtful and dividing force between all of us.

Conec, your OP was for the most part a question about whether or not eating pork would be a detriment to your spiritual growth. You have had several responses so far from both sides of the pork eating debate. A suggestion I would make is go back through different members posts. You can make a fairly good determination were each of us are in our spiritual growth or awareness.

You could start with my posts. I have always been a meat eater and I would stack my personal spiritual growth and awareness against anyone on this forum. Am I saying I am superior or better . . . absolutely not . . . I am just pointing out my vibration or frequency levels (whatever this truly means) has not kept me from growing or becoming more aware of the spiritual battles and good and evil that we face constantly. I am meeting these challenges head on with all I can muster.

To use the logic of the “V’s” since I am a life long meat eater and not only that I raise and butcher most of my meat, then I should be at the lowest vibration or spiritual level on this forum. So read my posts and/ or threads I have personally started (not that many) and start your determination from there . . . let me know what you come up with. Ask any questions that come to mind.

Spiral
17th December 2012, 20:32
To get back to the original question, well if you read the Simon Parkes thread he states that he was told by ETs that pork is bad for the pineal, I think there is something to this as I became violently allergic to pork over night following an "abduction" by some nordic types.

There is also another reason, one cannot be chaste if pork is eaten, even in miniscule amounts. This is of the utmost importance to anyone practicing White Tantrism, or Alchemy as is called in the west.

In this practice the couple unite in a sexual embrace but orgasm is avoided & the energy is transmuted by a certain means, if pork is consumed then orgasm cannot be averted, even if it is in the act, nocturnal emissions will occur, so that the kundalini will not rise, or if it has started to it will descend.

Of course this has long been forgotten/ lost in the religions where like most of their practices it has become a mere superstition.

modwiz
17th December 2012, 21:14
Hey folks,

Personally, I don´t trust anyone saying that this or that is good or bad for my spirituality.

I´ve met extremely spiritual meat eaters during my life, just like I´ve met extremely ignorant vegetarians as well.

I´m a vegetarian for a long time and never liked the idea of pushing my personal choices to others.

Vegetarianism is extremely good to my spirit and to my body, however, as an example, my older brother (O negative blood type) gets sick if he doesn´t eat red meat. Does it mean he´s less spiritual than me? Of course not.

Raf.

For the record, I find the blood type theory to be poor science. The doctor who theorized and wrote a book about it has since recanted. I am O+ blood. I tolerate meant excellently, my father and sister have never had cholesterol problems. My father lived on filet mignon, lobster and shrimp. He was never on cholesterol meds. I have been a veggie for 23 years and do physical work for a living. Massage therapy is very demanding on the body, especially the deep tissue variety that is a specialty of mine. My diet works for me in so many ways. It is why I follow it. I will not question some people feel they need meat for whatever reason. So be it. I do not believe blood type has anything to do with it and neither does the person who put the idea into our heads.

How animals are raised and fed these days (factory farming) is a discussion beyond simple diet needs and not the topic of this thread either. It is a discussion that is old and known. It is willfully blocked out because the reality is inconvenient. Discussing it changes nothing except to increase hot air. Will they tax the carbon dioxide exhaled?

RMorgan
17th December 2012, 21:30
Hey folks,

Raf.

For the record, I find the blood type theory to be poor science. The doctor who theorized and wrote a book about it has since recanted. I am O+ blood. I tolerate meant excellently, my father and sister have never had cholesterol problems. My father lived on filet mignon, lobster and shrimp. He was never on cholesterol meds. I have been a veggie for 23 years and do physical work for a living. Massage therapy is very demanding on the body, especially the deep tissue variety that is a specialty of mine. My diet works for me in so many ways. It is why I follow it. I will not question some people feel they need meat for whatever reason. So be it. I do not believe blood type has anything to do with it and neither does the person who put the idea into our heads.

How animals are raised and fed these days (factory farming) is a discussion beyond simple diet needs and not the topic of this thread either. It is a discussion that is old and known. It is willfully blocked out because the reality is inconvenient. Discussing it changes nothing except to increase hot air. Will they tax the carbon dioxide exhaled?

I´m not sure about the blood type implications regarding diets either. My brother who came up with this blood type connection, but I´ve never studied it deeply.

All I know is that my brother, when he tried to become a vegetarian, had a lot of problems, specially regarding the oral absorption B12 vitamin and also had anemia. If he insistent on being a veggie, he would have to take B12 injections regularly, because the oral supplements didn´t work for him.

He´s was following an excellent and balanced diet, but some people, for some reason, can´t be vegetarians. I´ve met other persons who tried to become vegetarians but had to stop for health issues as well.

On the other hand, I´ve always felt great being a vegetarian. My blood tests are absolutely normal.

Raf.

Spiral
17th December 2012, 21:31

OK its off topic, but most posts are, I would be very interested in what your diet is exactly modwiz, either on a thread or being directed to certain books if that's where its from.

I tried to go veggie but felt terrible, bloated up & piled pounds on, so now its fish, meat & veg only.

modwiz
17th December 2012, 21:42
I´m not sure about the blood type implications regarding diets either.

All I know is that my brother, when he tried to become a vegetarian, had a lot of problems, specially regarding the oral absorption B12 vitamin and also had anemia. If he insistent on being a veggie, he would have to take B12 injections regularly, because the oral supplements didn´t work for him.

He´s was following an excellent and balanced diet, but some people, for some reason, can´t be vegetarians. I´ve met other persons who tried to become vegetarians but had to stop for health issues as well.

On the other hand, I´ve always felt great being a vegetarian. My blood tests are absolutely normal.

Raf.

It is why we need to let people pursue their own diets. It is factory farming that gets to me. The amounts of meat many eat far exceeds any true need. This excessive consumption drives the need for excessive production. Another discussion I have no desire to pursue.

I have no issue with hunting. Other than alcohol and high powered rifles. Responsible, sober hunters, do not shoot people in hunting country by accident. They aim at particular areas of an animal. One must know what one is shooting to do that. Drinkers get desperate to bring something home to give reason for them and their buddies to go our regularly. Real hunters usually get to keep their testicles.
No need to get drunk to cover up how much it hurts to be emasculated. Wifey doesn't hold them in trust.

Geez, I've gone off on another rant. Oops!

Poly Hedra
17th December 2012, 21:46
Wow, Ok well there seems to be every opinion and experience in this thread. I think that the difference between a commercially reared pigs and a organically reared pigs may be very different animals.

Bluefire, because of the way your pigs were raised (or all organically reared pigs) were they less likely to have any of those worms and parasite in their bodies?

Is it just the commercial pigs that have those worms and parasites?
DNA, yes I read about those worms that can bore into the brain. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!
Maria Gabrial, yes I have read that theses worms are still alive even when pork is cooked properly.

I started this thread expecting a resounding yes to my question.. Is eating pork bad for you spiritually?
Instead I learned about maggot, worms, parasites. I am utterly freaked out. So my question now is..... are these parasites in all pork?
Because if they are its enough for me to never eat pork again. By the way I buy my pork form Tesco supermarkets. We barely get by, never mind buying organic meat I'm afraid.

Spiral
17th December 2012, 21:55
Well you could switch to veal, thats pretty cheap.

All milk producing cows need to have given birth to produce milk, the unwanted calf is called "veal" its a lot lighter than beef.

(No they aren't all reared in crates, and intensive beef production is limited to the USA)

Wild boar & domesticated pigs are two different animals( in this respect), all domestic pigs are not good spiritually.

Poly Hedra
17th December 2012, 22:02
To be honest my original question is now defunct.
Here is a link to an article written by Inelia Benz. She is the whole reason i started this thread, because of something she said about meat. basically that organically reared meat will not stop you from raising your vibration. But it might take a little longer. http://www.ascension101.com/en/home/ascension-blog/23-april-2010/75-to-eat-meat-or-not-to-eat-meat-that-is-the-question.html
Here is an excerpt from the blog:
"Yes, eating meat will slow our process down, but it will not stop it. The reasons are rather simple. Firstly, most meats, and animal products, are full of toxins. While the animal, or bird, is grown in our modern farms, it will be subjected to huge amounts of stress, unhappiness, and physical pain. All these leave a chemical and hormone residue in the fat content of the meat as well as smaller amounts of it in the meat itself. Apart from these naturally occurring chemicals and hormones animals and birds will generate in huge amounts while they are grown under these conditions, there are also additional toxins added to them in the form of food additives, growth hormones, and even colorants and flavor enhancers. After the animal or bird is killed, more chemicals are added during the cleaning and packaging stage in order to keep them "fresh" for a longer period. Some meats will receive an added dose of colorants and artificial flavors at this stage too.

Of course, if you only eat small, organic farm grown animal and bird meat and products, most of the above will not be present. So if you are going to continue eating meat, this is the best type for you to buy."

She talks about the difference between commercial and organic. there you go. :)

RMorgan
17th December 2012, 22:15
To be honest my original question is now defunct.
Here is a link to an article written by Inelia Benz. She is the whole reason i started this thread, because of something she said about meat. basically that organically reared meat will not stop you from raising your vibration. But it might take a little longer. http://www.ascension101.com/en/home/ascension-blog/23-april-2010/75-to-eat-meat-or-not-to-eat-meat-that-is-the-question.html
Here is an excerpt from the blog:
"Yes, eating meat will slow our process down, but it will not stop it. The reasons are rather simple. Firstly, most meats, and animal products, are full of toxins. While the animal, or bird, is grown in our modern farms, it will be subjected to huge amounts of stress, unhappiness, and physical pain. All these leave a chemical and hormone residue in the fat content of the meat as well as smaller amounts of it in the meat itself. Apart from these naturally occurring chemicals and hormones animals and birds will generate in huge amounts while they are grown under these conditions, there are also additional toxins added to them in the form of food additives, growth hormones, and even colorants and flavor enhancers. After the animal or bird is killed, more chemicals are added during the cleaning and packaging stage in order to keep them "fresh" for a longer period. Some meats will receive an added dose of colorants and artificial flavors at this stage too.

Of course, if you only eat small, organic farm grown animal and bird meat and products, most of the above will not be present. So if you are going to continue eating meat, this is the best type for you to buy."

She talks about the difference between commercial and organic. there you go. :)

Well, in my opinion, organic or commercial, you´re eating a dead corpse.

The only difference I see between organic and industrialized meat is the level of poison (antibiotics/hormones) they feed to the animal.

I´ve seen cows and pigs being killed both by large scale slaughterhouses and by small farmers...In both cases, it´s not pretty; They get scared to death when they perceive (yes, they sense what´s about to happen) they are going to be brutally murdered.

So, if she´s mostly talking about the release of fear related toxins, I´m afraid it wouldn´t make much difference between organic or industrialized meat.

If you´re talking about health, I´d say to eat organic meat, only because it doesn´t have antibiotics/hormones in it...If you´re talking about spiritual vibration, I´d say it doesn´t make much difference.

Raf.

Poly Hedra
17th December 2012, 22:23
I'm actually more confused now that I was before this thread. Thanks for all the comments. Ya i know what its like to see an animal be slaughtered. They know exactly whats happening, no doubt about it. I have never been afraid to learn about what really goes on in the animal slaughter process. I have watched documentaries and watched the full process.
Should that be enough to not eat meat? Ingesting the fear.

RMorgan
17th December 2012, 22:28
I'm actually more confused now that I was before this thread. Thanks for all the comments. Ya i know what its like to see an animal be slaughtered. They know exactly whats happening, no doubt about it. I have never been afraid to learn about what really goes on in the animal slaughter process. I have watched documentaries and watched the full process.

Well, let me know what´s confusing you, my friend.

Maybe I can help!

Raf.

Spiral
17th December 2012, 22:29

I think you will find that your home grown meat is fine, the scary stuff about meat production mainly applies to the US of A, apart from cheap chicken.

RMorgan
17th December 2012, 22:41

I think you will find that your home grown meat is fine, the scary stuff about meat production mainly applies to the US of A, apart from cheap chicken.

You should check Brazil, mate.The last time I checked we were the Nº1 meat exporting country in the world.

Things here are even worse, from the environmental point of view.

Livestock here is raised in what people call "extensive" regime, which demands extremely huge open fields, which are completely deforested.

Then, to make things even worse, farmers also deforest large extensions of land to plant soy; 70% of the soy is destined to feed livestock. (We´re the Nº1 soy exporting country in the world as well)

I always say that, if people add the environmental cost to the Brazilian meat, it would cost more than gold.

To sum up, the extensive livestock regime is literally destroying all of the several Brazilian ecosystems...It has already destroyed the "cerrado", the "caatinga", the "mata atlântica" and now it´s destroying the Amazônia.

This is what really got me started into vegetarianism.

The US confined livestock system is worse for the animals themselves indeed, however, the Brazilian extensive livestock system is much worse for the world as a whole.

What´s left from the Floresta Amazônica is being destroyed at an alarmingly fast rate, so that people from Brazil and from all over the world can eat their hamburgers.

Raf.

Spiral
17th December 2012, 22:55
Cheers Raf, I think most of that meat also ends up state side, all meat in Europe states country of origin & race on the label.

RMorgan
17th December 2012, 23:08
Cheers Raf, I think most of that meat also ends up state side, all meat in Europe states country of origin & race on the label.

Yes, the US is the biggest meat importer in the world, followed closely by Russia, so I guess a lot of Brazilian meat ends up in the States indeed.

Living Food
19th December 2012, 20:38

These people are self-deluded. Truly spiritual people do not act like that.

there is no advanced or superior state of spirituality or wisdom etc . . . they still post the same posts and appear as the same person they have always been. Also, as far as the vegan/vegetarian being healthier? I haven’t seen this either. If what has been touted by the ‘V’s” as far as superior health from their diet then I should be dead as a doornail or at least horribly sick

This is because most vegetarians/vegans have virtually no understanding of health or nutrition; neither, for that matter, do most meat eaters. Your average meat eaters might eat a highly processed, nutrient stripped, industrially made burger - your average vegetarian/vegan would replace it with a highly processed, nutrient stripped, industrially made "veggie" [soy] burger. Both have devastating effects on your health and your spirituality, because like I say health + spirituality are very closely related. A slightly smarter vegetarian/vegan would opt for mostly organic whole foods, yet still have virtually no detailed knowledge of nutrition. It is very hard to get optimal nutrient intake in this day and age, for reasons I mentioned in this thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?52102-Why-we-re-all-deficient-in-nutrients). If you're deficient in nutrients, you're going to have a hard time with spirituality.

As for you being dead or sick - a lot of the anti-fat, anti-meat "science" is very flawed. You can be quite healthy and be highly spiritual [on the lowest level] eating a predominantly animal-based diet. I imagine that's where you're at. And there's nothing wrong with that.That's not good enough for me, though - I want to be extremely spiritual and experience the level of almost supernatural health that comes with it, and that's what I'm getting. Sadly, you can't do that eating meat.

I raise and butcher most of my meat, then I should be at the lowest vibration or spiritual level on this forum.

Actually, everyone I know who raises and butchers their own meat are spiritual people, on the lowest level. This is probably because they treat the animals with respect and maybe even love and are following their beliefs. It takes commitment and determination for people used to the 24/7 fast food/supermarket lifestyle to grow and raise their own food, and that's nothing to be scoffed at. Much better then buying CAFO meat.

Well, in my opinion, organic or commercial, you´re eating a dead corpse.

This is the main reason that eating meat inhibits spirituality - dead things attract negative astral entities, which lower your spirituality and mess up your life. Unless you're at a very high spiritual level you won't be able to sense them though, so it's no surprise that people don't realize this. Killing things also does cause "bad karma", although that phrase has been way too overused to the point where people don't really understand what it means. This is true for plants too, but much more so for animals.

The fear-related toxins also have a major impact on physical and spiritual health, as do the antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other "goodies" given to factory raised animals. So in many ways, raising your own animals is far better...but still bad for your spirituality for the above reasons.

Now, you might not agree with that - that's fine. But I'll explain the "lowest level" spirituality thing and you might change your mind. Basically, "lowest level" spirituality = compassion, love, understanding, high spirits, good sense of humor. Most of the spiritual people in the world fall in this category, so it's all most people know. At this level, even if highly spiritual, you can't recognize the effects meat has on your spirituality because it's still quite low in the grand scheme of things, even if it's higher then that of most people on Earth. "Mid level" spirituality = extreme compassion, love for everyone and everything, extreme bliss 24/7, deep wisdom, etc. This comes with natural abilities like telepathy, mind reading, amazing intuition/6th sense, being able to see into other dimensions, astral projection. ANYONE can do these things if they are spiritual enough. At this level you can absolutely feel the impact of eating meat on your spirituality [spirituality goes down the drain afterwards]. However, it depends on how you increased your spirituality - I did it mainly through consuming extremely high vibration foods exclusively, so of course eating meat would destroy that. People who become extremely spiritual through meditation eventually rise above just about everything and can eat whatever they want, or nothing at all. But that's at a much higher level then I'm talking. At that level people are one with God and can do anything [teleportation, bilocation, fly, walk on whatever, whatever you want], so unless you're at that level diet is very important and you should avoid meat. Meat absolutely does inhibit your spirituality, and I know from personal experience and that of many others.

BUT, since you are most likely spiritual at the lowest level - which is still a very good accomplishment, I don't mean to be demeaning by implying that you're at a low level...compared to some of the beings in the universe I might as well be a hateful drunk in terms of spirituality - you don't notice that meat has any effect. Just like the average person can eat a Big Mac and not feel bad at all, whereas if I ate one I'd throw up. Everything is relative.

Vegetarians and vegans don't seem any more spiritual because most of them are probably less healthy then you are. Done right [eating only foods with very high electromagnetic vibrations] it's the best diet in the world, but the vast majority have no idea what their doing and end up with all kinds of nutrient deficiencies.

I explained that very badly, but I hope you understand what I meant. I've hardly even talked about pork yet :biggrin:

GloriousPoetry
19th December 2012, 21:04
Everyone has their own perspective on meat. I personally think that if you strongly believe that pork is going to make you sick then emotionally you will make yourself sick. I don't eat meat everyday but when my body is asking for it I know it's because it carries some essential minerals my body is asking to have. Not giving my body what it is asking for makes me sick. We don't live in a sterile world for a reason. Our stomach's acid is potent for a reason. As far as spirituality goes I don't believe that it lowers your vibration. I think feeling sick lowers your vibration therefore feed your body what it is asking to have. I'm from Mexico and we have two delicious soups here made of cow stomach (Menudo) and pork ( pozole) that I swear gives people vibrant energy and strength. I'm certain these indigenous recipes were created for a reason.

Living Food
19th December 2012, 21:15
The basic reason why pork is especially bad for spirituality is because they are the roving trash cans of this world - a pig will eat anything, and within hours it will turn into flesh on their bones. By "anything" I mean rotting carcasses, raw sewage, poop, and worse. With his delicious chow comes such wonderful organisms such as the tapeworm and the trichinella parasite. Stomach acid is a natural defense mechanism designed to kill bacteria and virus that contaminate food; with pigs, they keep eating and eating until their stomach acid is so diluted from all the food that bacteria and parasites can pass through without harm. That, combined with their diet, is the reason pork can easily be contaminated with parasites. It doesn't help that pigs are very similar to humans anatomically so many of the diseases and parasites that bother them are transferable to us.

The amount of toxins they ingest is unbelievable, and they all become a part of the pig's body and are there to stay; pork fat has the highest quantity of toxins stored in it of any other meat, for this reason. Pigs also have a higher accumulation of toxins because they hardly sweat, which helps eliminate toxins. Pork also contains high levels of mucopolysaccharides, which cause inflammation and have a wide range of debilitating health effects. Mucopolysaccharides build up in the muscles and joints and are responsible for a lot of muscle and joint aches + pains, for example. Pork also has a high histamine content, a chemical that causes inflammation. Etc etc. Pork is a tremendous toxic burden on the body, and guess what organ has to deal the most with toxins? The liver.

There have been studies linking pork consumption to severe liver disease:

Relationship between pork consumption and cirrhosis (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2858627)
Hepatocellular carcinoma. Relationship to wine and pork consumption (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2996744)

And maybe MS:

Multiple sclerosis, latitude and dietary fat: is pork the missing link? (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3638477)

These studies were just done by compiling data on pork consumption and the incidence of that particular disease by country, though, which is a rather inaccurate method. It makes it very easy for a researcher to cherry-pick data and also might just show an irrelevant correlation - ie _____ country eats the most pork and has the highest evidence of liver cirrhosis, but maybe it's a different factor that wasn't even considered that is causing that. So, maybe this evidence shows nothing, but maybe it does...do you want to take that risk? I tend to think that the studies are more accurate than not, given what I know about the hazards of pork consumption.

onawah
19th December 2012, 21:57
I haven't read this whole thread, so please pardon my post if it's redundant.
From my reading, I have concluded ed that pork was probably forbidden because pigs were bioengineered 'way back when' with some human genetics added in to make them smarter.
So essentially the idea that eating it is bad is because it is a form of cannibalism.
Also, cannibalism is linked to Bovine spongiform encephalopathy(Mad Cow Disease), which is definitely not good for spiritual development because it basically turns you into a moron.
There are certainly other good reasons too, and Living Food enumerated some very good ones.

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 22:15
Living food; are you sure you haven't had any pork products today?

I explained that very badly

One sign that a person has a higher spiritual level ( < One) is their ability to communicate eruditely.

modwiz
19th December 2012, 22:17
The basic reason why pork is especially bad for spirituality is because they are the roving trash cans of this world - a pig will eat anything, and within hours it will turn into flesh on their bones. By "anything" I mean rotting carcasses, raw sewage, poop, and worse. With his delicious chow comes such wonderful organisms such as the tapeworm and the trichinella parasite. Stomach acid is a natural defense mechanism designed to kill bacteria and virus that contaminate food; with pigs, they keep eating and eating until their stomach acid is so diluted from all the food that bacteria and parasites can pass through without harm. That, combined with their diet, is the reason pork can easily be contaminated with parasites. It doesn't help that pigs are very similar to humans anatomically so many of the diseases and parasites that bother them are transferable to us.

The amount of toxins they ingest is unbelievable, and they all become a part of the pig's body and are there to stay; pork fat has the highest quantity of toxins stored in it of any other meat, for this reason. Pigs also have a higher accumulation of toxins because they hardly sweat, which helps eliminate toxins. Pork also contains high levels of mucopolysaccharides, which cause inflammation and have a wide range of debilitating health effects. Mucopolysaccharides build up in the muscles and joints and are responsible for a lot of muscle and joint aches + pains, for example. Pork also has a high histamine content, a chemical that causes inflammation. Etc etc. Pork is a tremendous toxic burden on the body, and guess what organ has to deal the most with toxins? The liver.

There have been studies linking pork consumption to severe liver disease:

Relationship between pork consumption and cirrhosis (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2858627)
Hepatocellular carcinoma. Relationship to wine and pork consumption (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2996744)

And maybe MS:

Multiple sclerosis, latitude and dietary fat: is pork the missing link? (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3638477)

These studies were just done by compiling data on pork consumption and the incidence of that particular disease by country, though, which is a rather inaccurate method. It makes it very easy for a researcher to cherry-pick data and also might just show an irrelevant correlation - ie _____ country eats the most pork and has the highest evidence of liver cirrhosis, but maybe it's a different factor that wasn't even considered that is causing that. So, maybe this evidence shows nothing, but maybe it does...do you want to take that risk? I tend to think that the studies are more accurate than not, given what I know about the hazards of pork consumption.

Everything you say is true. When Egypt foolishly slaughtered its pigs a few years ago because of swine flu fears, diseases climbed because the natural cleanup of so much disease causing garbage and waste was eliminated, The service that pigs provide in places with poor sewage and garbage handling is astounding. Pigs are our friends. Eating them is really bad karma and just not nice. I will repeat, they are our friends. Does eating friends sound like a savory thing to do?

Living Food
19th December 2012, 22:44
Living food; are you sure you haven't had any pork products lately?

Hehe. No way.

One sign that a person has a higher spiritual level ( < One) is their ability to communicate eruditely.

True. I make no pretensions; I have a long way to go yet.

I have very spiritual friends who also explain things badly at times ONLINE. It's the same with me. I always explain things very well and have the words just come to me when I'm talking face-to-face, but it doesn't work the same way online for some reason.

Poly Hedra
20th December 2012, 05:21
Ha Ha! Brilliant Modwiz, your comments make me laugh out loud on a regular basis.

I will repeat, they are our friends. Does eating friends sound like a savory thing to do?

Living Food, you have sealed the deal for me. Because what you say about being a vegetarian and getting the right food is so important. You really do need to educate yourself about food all over again.
Learning about the reasons to not eat commercially produced meat at all. The facts about the tape worm, parasites and the amount of toxins, hormones, antibiotics etc etc that the pig carries.
So if pigs especially are the most unhealthy meat then it must be that bodily health and spiritual health and one and the same.

The part where you mentioned karma through killing animals, I would like to know more about this if you could post a link or a line of inquiry my way please.

I would still love to know the difference between an organically reared pig and a commercially reared pig in regards to parasites, worms etc.

PS please dont post any pictures of worms or anything like that, pleeeaaassee!! I will have nightmares.

ED209
20th December 2012, 07:59
I do not touch pig meat ever because they are far too close to humans genetically. When animals, humans included, eat cannibalistically, it makes them sick with degenerative autoimmune diseases. I just figure, it is better to be safe than risk getting sick from eating an animal that would make me an almost cannibal. Furthermore, pigs are seriously smart and affectionate. The poor dears suffer so so so very much in factory farms and at slaughter. It seems like such a betrayal of the universe that made this sweet animal to torture it and then eat it.

Taurean
20th December 2012, 08:23
It seems to me that people from the cooler regions of the Planet have less hang ups about eating Pork than people from the warmer regions.

Maybe superstitious beliefs grew up around be fact that it is far more difficult to preserve and cure Pork in a fit condition to consume for any reasonable length of time in warmer climates ?

GloriousPoetry
20th December 2012, 20:39
I have heard , read, and seen first hand all the bad stuff regarding pork and I still hold that in regards to spirituality .......spirituality is not secular. Why do people believe that staying away from secular stuff like eating pork is a formula to attaining some sort of missed spirituality? In regards to secular issues like pork affecting some people's bodies due to biological issues and toxins then just don't eat it. We live in a secular world full of all kinds of stuff and it's up to you to read your own book of your soul. The book of your soul is not secular...it's not found anywhere but inside your own knowing.

Poly Hedra
20th December 2012, 21:52
But the thing is, we are not supposed to eat meat in this way, mass produced. The fact is, is that this animal carries a lot of worms and parasites. This, I dont think it has anything to with spirituality anymore. The facts are there and they say that the pig is by far the worst meat in regards to health.
Organically reared pig may be different. I dont know.

TargeT
20th December 2012, 22:02
as with most things, humans are amazingly stupid-smart.

when ever we "think" too much, we rationalize things, we impose emotion on topics, we twist things to fit the outcome we want (global warming anyone?)

this one is a no brainer, Nature is always right, Nature is the ONLY true DICTATOR & so I look to my dictator to see what my role in life is.

I have forward facing eyes (mark of a predator) and meat tearing teeth (12) as well as a few plant crushing teeth (8) and a few general purpose cutting teeth (8) so It seems to me I'm an omnivore with a bit of a heavier leaning to meat consumption.

since agriculture is a very new thing (around 10,000 years old) clearly "meat" is meant to be a staple of diet & the "Primal" life style/diet works very well for our bodies and minds (evidence of the paleo / primal movements).

So, I follow what my benevolent dictator tells me (as well as my natural non-psyco-influenced thought patterns tell me) and eat meat, veggies, fruits & nuts (in about that order) while trying to break the agriculture induced diet of sugar & starches as much as possible.

and of course, tolerate others choices as long as they do not try and force their life style on me (via P.E.T.A. or A.L.F. etc...)

(note: I try to eat my meat from natural sources too, hunted for in the wild or at best grass fed "open range")

But the thing is, we are not supposed to eat meat in this way, mass produced. The fact is, is that this animal carries a lot of worms and parasites. This, I dont think it has anything to with spirituality anymore. The facts are there and they say that the pig is by far the worst meat in regards to health.
Organically reared pig may be different. I dont know.

you have an immune system for a reason you know... (BTW, the facts are NOT there saying it's the worst.. not at all)

you're not one of those nutty avid handwasher types are you?

Every system in the human body responds to stimuli, if you deny stimuli the system atrophies to nothing... the immune system is no different.

organically raised animals do not differ much from "feed lot" raised (unless your talking steroid injections / antibiotics) other than food type.

You are honestly putting too much effort /focus into this topic; have you ever gotten sick from eating pork? no? then you are fine with it ;)

Try going purely vegan for a month & tell me how you feel; some people do ok with it, I was listless and completely drained, lost ambition and drive, felt fuzzy..

not every human is the same, find your own balance and stick with it ;)

Poly Hedra
21st December 2012, 04:14
I have gotten sick from pork twice actually lol once on my birthday, my friends at my birthday and I'm in the toilet getting sick all night long. Even though I live in a pure oxygen bubble on wheels. I take it everywhere with me. :p
Ya I think I'm done with this thread. Everybody has their own opinion. Thats what I have learned.
Make your own decisions and do what feels right for you. There is no right and wrong. No imposing of personal experiences on others.
The subject is irrelevant and living your life the way you want to live it as long as you do not impose your life on others in a negative way. This is the only conclusion to come to. Personal choice comes up trumps.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. There are a lot of reports on pork.
http://tatianadenezhkina.com/tag/pork-is-the-worst-meat/

Excerpt
"Taenia solium or tapeworm eggs reside in swine muscle (pork meat), where it develops into a cyst-like form. When a human ingests pork containing a cyst, the parasite pops out and attaches itself to the human’s intestinal wall where the tapeworm begins to grow—up to twenty feet in length. Moreover, if a human ingests eggs of the pork tapeworm, he can develop a disease known as cysticercosis, which creates cysts and lesions throughout the body.

Trichinella spiralisis a roundworm parasite distributed worldwide. Trichinosis, was once quite common and even fatal. The larval form of the worm becomes encysted in bodily tissues and cause abdominal discomfort, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, and fever.

Pork contains a toxin, unidentified to date. This toxin in pork, is very heat-stable and requires further denaturation by salt or acid in order to detoxify it. It cannot be neutralized with salt or heat alone from cooking. This means that pork MUST be marinated, uncured, or pickled in order to be somewhat safe to be consumed."

TargeT
21st December 2012, 09:20
I have gotten sick from pork twice actually lol once on my birthday, my friends at my birthday and I'm in the toilet getting sick all night long. Even though I live in a pure oxygen bubble on wheels. I take it everywhere with me. :p
Ya I think I'm done with this thread. Everybody has their own opinion. Thats what I have learned.
Make your own decisions and do what feels right for you. There is no right and wrong. No imposing of personal experiences on others.
The subject is irrelevant and living your life the way you want to live it as long as you do not impose your life on others in a negative way. This is the only conclusion to come to. Personal choice comes up trumps.

Couldn't agree more!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. There are a lot of reports on pork.
http://tatianadenezhkina.com/tag/pork-is-the-worst-meat/

Excerpt
"Taenia solium or tapeworm eggs reside in swine muscle (pork meat), where it develops into a cyst-like form. When a human ingests pork containing a cyst, the parasite pops out and attaches itself to the human’s intestinal wall where the tapeworm begins to grow—up to twenty feet in length. Moreover, if a human ingests eggs of the pork tapeworm, he can develop a disease known as cysticercosis, which creates cysts and lesions throughout the body.

Trichinella spiralisis a roundworm parasite distributed worldwide. Trichinosis, was once quite common and even fatal. The larval form of the worm becomes encysted in bodily tissues and cause abdominal discomfort, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, and fever.

Pork contains a toxin, unidentified to date. This toxin in pork, is very heat-stable and requires further denaturation by salt or acid in order to detoxify it. It cannot be neutralized with salt or heat alone from cooking. This means that pork MUST be marinated, uncured, or pickled in order to be somewhat safe to be consumed."

here's a bit more from the article you posted:

Scientific and other Facts:

According to physicians and medical experts, pork is a harmful diet. Consumption of swine-flesh creates lowliness in character and destroys moral and spiritual faculties in a man.

Animal fats contain saturated fatty acids and these saturated fatty acids have been found to be as one of the causes of Atheroma (http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Atheroma.htm) in man.

According to medical research, the fat content in pork is more than in any other meat (beef, mutton etc.) and it takes longer to digest. Medium fat bacon contains 25% proteins and 55% fat.

Pigs are omnivores. A pig eats anything in their path, including its own piglets.

The human body virtually goes into toxic shock by consuming pork.

What is interesting is that pork never gets fully digested in the human body. It takes up to 11 hours for our digestive system to neutralize acidity from eating pork meat.

Ever heard of a Logical fallacy, I understand when preconceived notions make debate completely useless, it's a very funny trait of humanity. Don't worry no dead horses will be beat here!

HOWEVER, if you would like to learn why this article is mostly a joke read on Logical Fallacy (it is a very important topic to understand for communication and does not pertain just to this topic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

this is a great article to sharpen your logical fallacy spotting skills, lots of low hanging fruit.

This article also party relies on terrible science derived from the Lipid theory ( here' s a good read: http://www.spacedoc.com/saturated_fat_and_cholesterol_do_not_cause_heart_disease ; TEASER: Saturated fat & all animal fats are GOOD for you!)

Poly Hedra
21st December 2012, 10:49
http://www.examiner.com/article/is-pork-bad-for-you
Excerpt
"The fact is, any raw meat has the potential to be contaminated. The most easily adulterated meat is not pork; ground beef actually has a higher, and possibly the highest, risk of contamination among any meat. The parasite, trichinosis, can easily be avoided by not consuming raw or undercooked pork, and adhering to proper cooking times and temperatures. All pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit for a minimum of fifteen seconds to kill the parasite."

Really not trying to convince anyone of anything either way. Just learning and collecting info. Yes its mostly bible bashers that are against pork. I am not religious in any way. Your post feels quite condescending actually. I hope I'm wrong about that.

TargeT
21st December 2012, 11:41
just seemed your mind was set & you didn't care to hear another side ;)

Text is close to the worst communication method so I'm very certain I could have been wrong.

I've eaten raw meat (red meat, fish etc..) & apparently it's extremely healthy for you (I often wonder where cooking came from, I suppose it was mostly for spoiled meat & probably pork/chicken) I haven't ever tried pork or chicken raw.. the texture would be a bit too much for me & I don't recall reading about anyone that's eaten it.

raw veggies, raw meat, animal fats, no wheat or any grains, that's the "primal" is all about, here's a great source for that: www.marksdailyapple.com

I think religious texts had a lot going for them when they were written, they were almost like a guide to "living long as a human". They gave guidance on hygiene, sexual habits, good eating habits and more, we've come a bit further now & I think the personal spirit search is more important than a book lead one.

Mulder
21st December 2012, 22:55
here's a bit more from the article you posted:

Scientific and other Facts:

According to physicians and medical experts, pork is a harmful diet. Consumption of swine-flesh creates lowliness in character and destroys moral and spiritual faculties in a man.

Animal fats contain saturated fatty acids and these saturated fatty acids have been found to be as one of the causes of Atheroma (http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Atheroma.htm) in man.

According to medical research, the fat content in pork is more than in any other meat (beef, mutton etc.) and it takes longer to digest. Medium fat bacon contains 25% proteins and 55% fat.

Pigs are omnivores. A pig eats anything in their path, including its own piglets.

The human body virtually goes into toxic shock by consuming pork.

What is interesting is that pork never gets fully digested in the human body. It takes up to 11 hours for our digestive system to neutralize acidity from eating pork meat.

Ever heard of a Logical fallacy, I understand when preconceived notions make debate completely useless, it's a very funny trait of humanity. Don't worry no dead horses will be beat here!

HOWEVER, if you would like to learn why this article is mostly a joke read on Logical Fallacy (it is a very important topic to understand for communication and does not pertain just to this topic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

this is a great article to sharpen your logical fallacy spotting skills, lots of low hanging fruit.

This article also party relies on terrible science derived from the Lipid theory ( here' s a good read: http://www.spacedoc.com/saturated_fat_and_cholesterol_do_not_cause_heart_disease ; TEASER: Saturated fat & all animal fats are GOOD for you!)

Wow, this thread contains a lot of info on Pork! There's no more I can add. I really liked your "Logical Fallacy" article as it's a brain-teaser to see if people are falling for it. E.g. Pork is a meat, therefore all meat must be pork... (if A, then B; B, therefore A)

I eat Pork as I've become intolerant to Gluten in late 2012 - Dr Joel Wallach recommended everyone stop eating gluten as many people have gluten allergies and don't know it.

By the way, the flour mainly grown now is GMO and a big percentage of people are going to become intolerant of it. Farmers won't grow the old non-GMO flour as they make little money on it.