PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Roman Giant Found

Skywizard
16th December 2012, 23:48
At six feet, eight inches, he would have towered over his contemporaries.

The giant's tibia, or shinbone, compared with that of a normal Roman male of the same period.

At 6 feet, 8 inches (202 centimeters) tall, the man would have been a giant in third-century A.D. Rome, where men averaged about 5 and a half feet (167 centimeters) tall.

Charlotte Roberts, a bioarchaeologist at the U.K.'s Durham University, said "We know nothing about the role or presence of giants in the Roman world,"—other than the fact that the second century A.D. emperor Maximinus Thrax was described in literature as a "human mountain."

Good Read... Source:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/11/121102-gigantism-ancient-skeleton-archaeology-history-science-rome/

Only Now Exists
~skywizard

ghostrider
17th December 2012, 00:34
in the old testament, it plainly states there were giants in those days. The book of numbers/leviticus has a story of the scouts of moses return from a scout trip stating the land around the mountain was no good , for giants lived there in a city built in the mountain and to them we are grasshoppers, hence the giants foot was the bigger than a man .... people read right over that and never give it a thought. Giants in the time of the pharohs 4,000 years ago . This would be somewhere between Egypt and jordan . What about david and Goliath ? It never says Where these Giants came from, and the people that Cain was afraid of , when at that time there should have only been four people on earth ...

panopticon
17th December 2012, 00:54
At six feet, eight inches, he would have towered over his contemporaries.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=19657

The giant's tibia, or shinbone, compared with that of a normal Roman male of the same period.

At 6 feet, 8 inches (202 centimeters) tall, the man would have been a giant in third-century A.D. Rome, where men averaged about 5 and a half feet (167 centimeters) tall.

Charlotte Roberts, a bioarchaeologist at the U.K.'s Durham University, said "We know nothing about the role or presence of giants in the Roman world,"—other than the fact that the second century A.D. emperor Maximinus Thrax was described in literature as a "human mountain."

Good Read... Source:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/11/121102-gigantism-ancient-skeleton-archaeology-history-science-rome/

G'day Skywizard,

That was an interesting article.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Kind Regards. :yo:
Panopticon

Tesla_WTC_Solution
17th December 2012, 01:33
i think in the apocrypha,

the book of watchers
the book of enoch

you will find information on the giants.

in norse mythology, the jotun were slain in a war so vile that the blood was like "a flood" that covered the earth.
around the time of noah, the human genepool was irrevocably tainted.

thank you for this article.

Skywizard
17th December 2012, 02:27
in the old testament, it plainly states there were giants in those days. The book of numbers/leviticus has a story of the scouts of moses return from a scout trip stating the land around the mountain was no good , for giants lived there in a city built in the mountain and to them we are grasshoppers, hence the giants foot was the bigger than a man .... people read right over that and never give it a thought. Giants in the time of the pharohs 4,000 years ago . This would be somewhere between Egypt and jordan . What about david and Goliath ? It never says Where these Giants came from, and the people that Cain was afraid of , when at that time there should have only been four people on earth ...

Hey ghostrider,

Don't take me wrong here, I'm with you 100%... Just I thought I'd spice it up a little with some of the verses: :victory:

Genesis 6:1-4
King James Version
6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Numbers 13:33
King James Version
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Oh what the heck this is one is on me… :lol:

Some ancient writings of China suggest they were invaded by extraterrestrial forces which enslaved the people, and battled defiant warlords. Another race, gigantic men, 12-feet tall with flaming red hair, helped repel the alien intruders driving them back into the limitless depths of the void...
This is probably a Chinese myth... but it states that the events and the aftermath were handed down and scraps of some of the earliest records written on rice paper and silk still survive.

Accept or Change!
~skywizard

panopticon
17th December 2012, 03:03
Interesting article on 3000 - 4000 year old Celtic mummies in China available here (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/a-meeting-of-civilisations-the-mystery-of-chinas-celtic-mummies-413638.html).

Not 12 foot tall, just between 6' and 6' 6" (~1.8 - 2 metres).

A documentary on the Celtic Mummies:

dzZDLKI0c7Q
At least this shows that there is some basis for myths.
Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

ghostrider
17th December 2012, 04:12

Hey ghostrider,

Don't take me wrong here, I'm with you 100%... Just I thought I'd spice it up a little with some of the verses: :victory:

Genesis 6:1-4
King James Version
6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Numbers 13:33
King James Version
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Oh what the heck this is one is on me… :lol:

Some ancient writings of China suggest they were invaded by extraterrestrial forces which enslaved the people, and battled defiant warlords. Another race, gigantic men, 12-feet tall with flaming red hair, helped repel the alien intruders driving them back into the limitless depths of the void...
This is probably a Chinese myth... but it states that the events and the aftermath were handed down and scraps of some of the earliest records written on rice paper and silk still survive.

Accept or Change!
~skywizard

love it , and what about cain saying , my punishment is too much to bear anyone who finds me will kill me, so God put a mark on him, there should have only been four people on earth at the moment. these were the words of moses who wrote the first five books of the bible who saw God's hinder parts ( the past ), from a man on a mountain talking with a bush that was on fire...

Skywizard
17th December 2012, 04:28
"what about cain saying , my punishment is too much to bear anyone who finds me will kill me, so God put a mark on him, there should have only been four people on earth at the moment".

Didn't he actually go to a city and had a wife? Not sure about this!! need to check.

Peace
~skywizard

Tesla_WTC_Solution
17th December 2012, 15:04
I think not only did Cain go to a city, he founded one, and invented money, weights, measures, and weapons were invented by Tubal, right?

the godly people lived on the mountains. :(

eni-al
18th December 2012, 03:05
It could be as they say in the article gigantism, rather than an an actual 'giant' related to humans in some way or something, as there are plenty of accounts and findings of giants found, not just individuals but fairly large groups I believe, so while some may be a health condition, others actually evolved to be perhaps.
Folklore of different countries involves giants, as well as people arriving at new lands encountering them. There is also various accounts, at least one I recall of their being caves in the Panamint Mountains, Nevada, where some men encountered a chamber with large mummified remains, the story may or may not be true, but its going back to the early part of the 20th century, so it could go either way that they fabricated the whole thing and were inspired by other accounts at the time or was real. Be great if it was true, vested some time into finding out more about all that, some of it seems a bit extraordinary.

Skywizard
18th December 2012, 04:43
I think not only did Cain go to a city, he founded one, and invented money, weights, measures, and weapons were invented by Tubal, right?

the godly people lived on the mountains. :(

Try believing this, I've accually read this before (can't remember the site):

Genesis 4:17 King James Version
17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. (does 3 make a city?)

Any the story reads: Cain's wife may have been a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve. (as Mr. Ripley says Believe It... or Not :noidea:)

Thought we would have a lot more folks weighing in here when we got started talking about the GOOD BOOK.

Peace
~skywizard

Skywizard
18th December 2012, 04:56
It could be as they say in the article gigantism, rather than an an actual 'giant' related to humans in some way or something, as there are plenty of accounts and findings of giants found, not just individuals but fairly large groups I believe, so while some may be a health condition, others actually evolved to be perhaps.
Folklore of different countries involves giants, as well as people arriving at new lands encountering them. There is also various accounts, at least one I recall of their being caves in the Panamint Mountains, Nevada, where some men encountered a chamber with large mummified remains, the story may or may not be true, but its going back to the early part of the 20th century, so it could go either way that they fabricated the whole thing and were inspired by other accounts at the time or was real. Be great if it was true, vested some time into finding out more about all that, some of it seems a bit extraordinary.

Hi, eni-al try this site:

Source:
http://ironlight.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/nevadas-mysterious-cave-of-the-red-haired-giants/

Peace
~skywizard