PDA

View Full Version : Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

RMorgan
19th December 2012, 17:44
Hey folks,

Guys, I´ve heard about big birds carrying kids away with their claws, but I´ve never seen it on video!

I though it was an urban legend or something like that.

CE0Q904gtMI

Lucky kid...

Cheers,

Raf.

778 neighbour of some guy
19th December 2012, 17:52
Damn, never seen that before, that kid is going to be famous for sure.

modwiz
19th December 2012, 17:58
It must have heard about the Hobbit movie and was inspired.

Flash
19th December 2012, 17:59
The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc, in the middle of the city. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

Very suprising, I would not have believed it myself, here on radio, they say it is a hoax, but the video and the guy talking surely do not look and sound like hoax.

After saying Oh s hi t, he says "is your child fine?" the parent says yes while the child start crying.

markpierre
19th December 2012, 18:01
Geeze. That would be a story to tell your grand-kids. But how would you say it? I was snatched by a lazy eagle?

I wonder what kind of therapy it will take to unravel that one.

RMorgan
19th December 2012, 18:02
The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

Very suprising, I would not have believed it myself, here on radio, they say it is a hoax, but the video and the guy talking surely do not look and sound like hoax.

It doesn´t look like a hoax or CGI, that´s for sure.

I´ve checked for CGI signs in the slow motion part of the video and couldn´t see any.

All shadows and everything else is perfectly where it should be.

Anyway, here´s another video showing that these animals are capable of carrying heavy weight:

XafAdkZIYKA

Flash
19th December 2012, 18:04
It is not a hoax RMorgan. I could contact the guy who posted the video if you wish, because that eagle has to be given some squirrels or rats, not children.

Shade
19th December 2012, 18:05
Unless it was a newborn I think the eagle would not be able to carry it off, and even then it would probably not be able to. Humans are bulky and move around a lot, making the center of balance too hard to keep for the bird. It's usual prey weigh much less than an infant. I don't think it would be able to do it, successfully.
Dingoes however, will steal your baby!...

Billy
19th December 2012, 18:08
Wow. Unbelievable. A warning should go out through the media. Lucky the Kid was just a tad to heavy for the eagle. But a baby could be next. Sheez

19th December 2012, 18:17
Wow. Unbelievable. A warning should go out through the media. Lucky the Kid was just a tad to heavy for the eagle. But a baby could be next. Sheez

The eagles have to be warned too now, i hope they will not be shot out of the sky now, i call upon the spirit of Jorr to protect all eagles, its people who invaded their space, not the other way around, when eagles start hunting in parks, something is wrong with wildlifenumbers, and thats probably due to humans.

May the Jorr be with them.

SilentFeathers
19th December 2012, 18:18
The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc, in the middle of the city. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

That would be a site to see too, a golden eagle in the back of a cop car in handcuffs on his way to jail for attempted kidnapping and cannibalism!!!!

I don't think this is a hoax, eagles have to eat too and I'm sure in this birds mind he was seeing a meal rather than a human being.

Flash
19th December 2012, 18:20
Just subscribe to his site, all the newsparpers worldwide are after him asking to be contacted

Almost 3 millions views already

wilsonbrucea a publié un commentaire.
il y a 16 minutes
Signaler comme pourriel

Obviuosly a fake/hoax and not a very good one at that

Nathan Glover a publié un commentaire.
il y a 17 minutes
I find it amusing that so many news organizations ran with this story without validating it.

bobdoleish a publié un commentaire.
il y a 41 minutes
Well played, dear sir, Well played.

Simon Plamondon a publié un commentaire.
il y a 1 heure

Hey MrNuclearCat, if this video is real, then I hope you reported the events to the proper authorities. City law does not take too kindly when it comes to wildlife attacks like bears, cougars, and yes, also Eagles. I just hope you did your duty as a citizen to avoid these kinds of things from repeating.
crimlinwest a publié un commentaire.
il y a 1 heure
Fake or not well done. Sit back and wait for the highest bidder. Remember, timing is everything.

KlMlS a publié un commentaire.
il y a 1 heure
Habs !

Pierreluc Gagnon a publié un commentaire.
il y a 1 heure

We also want to get in touch with you at the CBC. pierreluc.gagnon@cbc.ca

Lancefort Stryker a publié un commentaire.
il y a 1 heure
Why aren't you being interviewed? Is it because you know you fake this video that's why you don't want to be interviewed huh?

Cactass Dupree a publié un commentaire.
il y a 2 heures
I see alot of news peeps are hitting you up for the vid. Don't give it away. Sell it to the highest bidder. Good Luck

Cactass Dupree a publié un commentaire.
il y a 2 heures
I just stumbled acrossed the Vid. of the Eagle and the baby. I hope it goes Viral and you sir will hold the next record of hits on YOUTUBE and sink Whoopem condomstyle. Good Luck

Mark Memmott a publié un commentaire.
il y a 2 heures

Add me to your growing list of media types who would like to get in touch. Mark Memmott, NPR: mmemmott@npr.org

Rick c a publié un commentaire.
il y a 2 heures

Looked pretty real to me

tabernakdecolis a publié un commentaire.
il y a 2 heures

c'est louche un account avec une seule video non? this is a hit, only on video and already an account. flash translation

Bonjour, je suis journaliste à la CBC / Radio Canada. On aimerait faire une entrevue telephonique ce matin. Pourriez-vous nous contacter 514-597-6120 .

MbossMusic a publié un commentaire.
il y a 5 heures
Congrats on the success of your video! All the best

revren mane a publié un commentaire.
il y a 6 heures
dope shyt haha

Tristan Péloquin a publié un commentaire.
il y a 6 heures

Bonjour, je suis journaliste à La Presse. Pourriez-vous me contacter rapidement SVP. 514-285-7000

Jim Grice a publié un commentaire.
il y a 6 heures

Hi I am from the Press Association, a news agency in teh UK. would you be happy for this video to be used on news websites in the UK if we provided an-onscreen credit please? Jim Grice, Video Editor, Press Association, London, UK.

orion9k0 a publié un commentaire.
il y a 9 heures
LeMark? Is that you?

greencalx a publié un commentaire.
il y a 10 heures
LOVE the choice of music.

VisionOneFilms a publié un commentaire.
il y a 10 heures
Holy Cow!, watch my cool short videos, too!

windrivercountrykid a publié un commentaire.
il y a 11 heures

Cool Video! Glad the bird dropped the baby------:)

theosaurus a publié un commentaire.
il y a 12 heures
J'ai hâte qu'on annonce que c'est un fake. À moins que le soleil puisse faire de l'ombre à des angles différents...

Pepe Dman a publié un commentaire.
il y a 13 heures
quand as -tu filmer ceci ?

greaseDonkey a publié un commentaire.
il y a 13 heures
Sais-tu*
greaseDonkey a publié un commentaire.
il y a 13 heures

C'est tu si l'enfant va bien?

Pepe Dman a publié un commentaire.
il y a 13 heures
quand as -tu filmer ceci ?

One guy says to check the shadows, this is a fake. Where are our Avalon experts?

Shamz
19th December 2012, 18:22
Yeap I have seen this video a long time ago on the Planet Earth series -- where Eagles pick up mountain goats and drop them from good height so that they can eat them later.

After that I saw videos on youtube about eagles attacking wolves or foxes.

Never seen or heard eagles attacking little kids in presence of so many people - great VDO though and I am so happy that the baby survived.

Thanks for sharing

Much love

The parents did not report it to the police or authorities, they should of, because parents are bringing tons of kids in this parc all year around, it is a very busy parc. If the eagle is that hungry, and not scared of people, kids are in for a bad time.

It doesn´t look like a hoax or CGI, that´s for sure.

I´ve checked for CGI signs in the slow motion part of the video and couldn´t see any.

All shadows and everything else is perfectly where it should be.

Anyway, here´s another video showing that these animals are capable of carrying heavy weight:

XafAdkZIYKA

Flash
19th December 2012, 18:22

The eagles have to be warned too now, i hope they will not be shot out of the sky now, i call upon the spirit of Jorr to protect all eagles, its people who invaded their space, not the other way around, when eagles start hunting in parks, something is wrong with wildlifenumbers, and thats probably due to humans.

We are in Canada here. The eagle won't be shot. It will either be displaced in the forest or fed. Tons of squirrels in that parc, the eagle truly have a choice of menu other than humans, I do not understand.

19th December 2012, 18:28

We are in Canada here. The eagle won't be shot. It will either be displaced in the forest or fed. Tons of squirrels in that parc, the eagle truly have a choice of menu other than humans, I do not understand.

I know virtually nothing about eagles, but if they feed on goats, how many squirels would it take to feed one eagle for one day? What i did notice the kid was wearing something on its head i belief or did i see wrong, perhaps the eagle did not recognize it as a human child and noticed its mistake just in time, or perhaps it was a juvenile bird still learning.

RMorgan
19th December 2012, 18:28

The kid was wearing some sort of costume; Maybe the eagle thought he/she was another animal...

Lazlo
19th December 2012, 18:30
Eagles are serious business.

Several years ago I was visiting a wildlife area with my wife, mother in law, and the dogs when we had an impressive encounter with a golden eagle. We were standing at the edge of a canyon, leaning against the overlook fence and watching two golden eagles "play". The canyon is about 1,000 feet deep and the eagles would dance in the updraft, then lock talons, and spin towards the river below in free fall. It's a really amazing thing to see firsthand.

Suddenly an eagle rises vertically in front of us (riding the updraft), about 15 feet away, and then hovers about 20 feet over our heads. My wife and I (who have spent the majority of our adult lives working professionally in the outdoors) realize that the eagle is spotting our smallest dog. It is as obvious as can be.

Meanwhile, my mother in law, god bless her, is snapping photos as fast as the camera will allow. My wife and I spring into action. She starts herding the dogs back up the trail towards the car. Our smallest dog, Peanut, (about 35 pounds) is shivering uncontrollably and doesn't wanty to move. She was painfully aware that she was about to be a meal. I start moving around in circles and waving my arms to confuse and deter the hungry raptor. We get the dogs into the car and the eagle peels off. Ar this point my MIL puts down the camera, and asks in all seriousness what all the hubbub is about, and wasn't that the most glorious and amazing thing.

To which my wife answers: "Moooom, that thing was going to eat Peanut!"

Another time, I staggered out of the Salty Dog Saloon on the spit in Homer, Alaska at about 3 in the morning (it's way too easy to overdrink when it doesn't get dark). I wasn't really paying attention and headed for a place to relieve myself when I startled two bald eagles who were perched on the side of a dumpster. They were not happy about being disturbed and let me know it. I went backwards to the ground in an undignified heap, glad to have not soiled my shorts.

Flash
19th December 2012, 18:32

I know virtually nothing about eagles, but if they feed on goats, how many squirels would it take to feed one eagle for one day? What i did notice the kid was wearing something on its head i belief or did i see wrong, perhaps the eagle did not recognize it as a human child and noticed its mistake just in time, or perhaps it was a juvenile bird still learning.

Believe me, enough squirrels there to feed at least 10 eagles. When i was running there, in winter, squirrels were hungry and would cover me from toe(boots) to head in the hope of getting food, as people do give them food regularly. There is quirrels everywhere around you when in the parc.

19th December 2012, 18:39

Believe me, enough squirrels there to feed at least 10 eagles. When i was running there, in winter, squirrels were hungry and would cover me from to head in the hope of getting food, as people do give them food regularly. There is quirrels everywhere around you when in the parc.

Well, looks like stop feeding the squirrels is the way to go then, hard to enforce but it seems a sensible thing to do.

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 18:39
The video looks legit to me but, i'm know expert nor do i claim to be an intuitive...

Tesla_WTC_Solution
19th December 2012, 18:52
the power of adrenalin!

SnowyOwl
19th December 2012, 18:56
Sorry folks this is a hoax from some guys in Montreal, in fact on that day on the mount royal where this is filmed there was snow. It has been easily debunk up here and even in the language we can see slip sideing Snowy

johnf
19th December 2012, 18:57
Designing a toddler anchor anti-eagle device, going to be rich!

Lazlo
19th December 2012, 18:59
Sorry folks this is a hoax from some guys in Montreal, in fact on that day on the mount royal where this is filmed there was snow. It has been easily debunk up here and even in the language we can see slip sideing Snowy

Thanks for the heads up. I still stand by my statement that eagles are serious business and something like this could happen.

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 19:00

How did they hoax this and how did they get rid of the snow?

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 19:09

Thanks for the heads up. I still stand by my statement that eagles are serious business and something like this could happen.

Don't be so quick to roll over.

Zelig
19th December 2012, 19:09
Sorry- I should have added an explanation of this video's subject rather than just post the URL. It explains the creation of the "eagle snatches toddler video" by a group of digital animation students.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html

RMorgan
19th December 2012, 19:10

Well, I´m not sure about it...

I´m a CGI expert (It is a big part of my daily work) and I couldn´t find any signs of it...

If it´s a hoax, the only possibility is using a prop as a baby, a trained golden eagle, then replacing the prop with a real baby after the cut.

Anyway, I´m 90% it´s not a prop, since you can see the kid moving when the eagle carries it.

If it´s a hoax, it´s a pretty good one.

conk
19th December 2012, 19:11
I have seen video of an eagle carrying a fawn away in flight. Granted the eagle swooped down an incline, helping to maintain his speed, but still the little deer wound up on the dinner plate.

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 19:15
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html

I think this is a cover story to prevent people form being frightened.

If this is a computer generated hoax then these two fellas are not going to have any problems finding work in their field.

Cidersomerset
19th December 2012, 19:24
THE TELEGRAPH Online.....................

Sea eagles 'could target children'
Game keepers in Scotland have raised concerns that sea eagles could mistakenly target small children when hunting their natural quarry.

Sea eagles are Britain's largest bird of prey with a wingspan of up to 8ft Photo: ALAMY
5:10PM BST 02 Sep 2011
22 Comments
The comment from the Scottish Gamekeepers Association comes following a recent incident where a senior clergyman was injured by a young eagle.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01986/eagle_1986944c.jpg

Sixteen sea eagles, Britain’s largest bird of prey with a wingspan of up to 8ft, have been released in the east of the country as part of a controversial reintroduction programme.

But last month, the Very Rev Hunter Farquharson, who breeds and shows birds as a hobby, returned to his cottage in Abernethy, Perthshire, to find his prize-winning goose Beatrice dead, and a white-tailed sea eagle perched on a fence post nearby.

Yesterday the SGA called for a public inquiry into the impact of the reintroduction of the birds in parts of Scotland.

In a letter to the Scottish government, it warned that the attack on Mr Farquharson, could be the first of many and asked for the creation of an “exit strategy” should the sea eagles turn out to have an adverse effect on social, economic or leisure activities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/8738064/Sea-eagles-could-target-children.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Reply from an expert....Saying story was alarmist after seeing this vid I'd
watch my todlers like a hawk !! parden the pun !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Masala Skeptic·Skepticism·13 Comments· September 12th, 2011

Guest Post: Birdchick – Are sea eagles coming after your children?

Can white-tailed sea eagles reintroduced into Britain attack people or carry away small children? We asked Sharon Stiteler, also known as Birdchick, to give us her perspective!

The Telegraph reported this week on a warning from the Scottish Gamekeepers Association that reintroduced White-tailed Sea Eagles could become so habitualized to humans they could attack people and children could be in danger. They even want the government to come up with an exit strategy in case the eagles need to be removed.

My opinion? To quote Colonel Potter from the M*A*S*H* TV series, “Horse Hockey.” The Royal Society For The Protection Of Birds also released a similar statement calling this is a bunch of alarmist nonsense.

http://skepchick.org/wp-content/uploads/EagleTalons.png

Read More......

http://skepchick.org/2011/09/guest-post-birdchick-are-sea-eagles-coming-after-your-children/

Flash
19th December 2012, 19:45
Snowy owl, you should change your name for snow eagle...

You are right, this is a hoax, I cannot believe how good the video is, if it is that good, anything could make it on our minds, we are easy to manipulate

Students at Montreal's 3D technology school, Centre NAD, have come forward to claim responsibility for a viral video that appears to show an eagle snatching a toddler in a Montreal park.

The video "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid in Montreal" seems to show exactly that. A large bird appears to swoop down from the sky above Mont Royal Park and pick up the child in its talons. The bird travels several metres before dropping the toddler and flying away.

The camera then zooms in on the child, who is crying but seems to be uninjured.

A statement released today said that students Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin created the video as a project for their 3D animation and digital design class.

Centre NAD's production simulation workshop has garnered attention for other hoax videos in the past, including one of a penguin appearing to escape from the Montreal Biodôme.

David Bird, a McGill University professor of wildlife biology, had said earlier that he doubted the video's authenticity.
David Bird, a wildlife biology professor at McGill University in Montreal, said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child. (YouTube)
Bird said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child.

"The public has nothing to fear from bald eagles in that regard of picking up their babies, and for that matter, even their pets."

Several people in online communities had guessed that the video was a hoax created using computer-generated images.

This is the second time in the past few days the public was fooled by a Montreal-based hoax.

Last week, CBC's satirical radio show This is That tricked Canadians with a fictitious story about a proposed bylaw requiring dogs to be trained to understand commands in French and English

RMorgan
19th December 2012, 19:47
Hey folks,

Well, apparently, it´s a hoax:

"The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.

The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.

The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme."

Source: http://blogue.centrenad.com/2012/12/19/centre-nad-reassures-montrealers-no-danger-of-being-snatched-by-a-royal-eagle/?lang=en

If it´s not a hoax, they came up with this excuse to avoid alarming people about this issue, which is quite possible.

Anyway, if it´s indeed a hoax, these guys are really Pros! I´ve analyzed the video several times and couldn´t find signs of CGI work.

Really, I still can´t believe it´s CGI...The eagle looks perfect, the shadows look perfect, everything looks perfect.

Cheers,

Raf.

19th December 2012, 19:51
Ah, dont know if thats a pity or not, its a good video nevertheless, please start feeding squirrels again.

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 19:56
Hey folks,

Well, apparently, it´s a hoax:

"The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.

The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.

The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme."

Source: http://blogue.centrenad.com/2012/12/19/centre-nad-reassures-montrealers-no-danger-of-being-snatched-by-a-royal-eagle/?lang=en

If it´s not a hoax, they came up with this excuse to avoid alarming people about this issue, which is quite possible.

Anyway, if it´s indeed a hoax, these guys are really Pros! I´ve analyzed the video several times and couldn´t find signs of CGI work.

Really, I still can´t believe it´s CGI...The eagle looks perfect, the shadows look perfect, everything looks perfect.

Cheers,

Raf.

I've tried to find out more information on "Royal Eagle" and i coming up blank; anyone have info on this species of raptor?

13th Warrior
19th December 2012, 20:00
As far as i can tell no such bird as "Royal Eagle" exists?

Peace of Mind
19th December 2012, 20:10
Canadian design school admits eagle plucking baby from park was an 'animation'

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/video-shows-eagle-snatching-baby-article-1.1223441

Peace

RMorgan
19th December 2012, 20:20

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/video-shows-eagle-snatching-baby-article-1.1223441

Peace

Man, I know these folks "admitted" it was a hoax, but I´m still having a hard time believing it´s CGI.

I´d really like to watch a "making-of" kind of video, so I can understand their techniques, which are above the level of lots of Hollywood movies.

Raf.

19th December 2012, 20:37

Peace

Man, I know these folks "admitted" it was a hoax, but I´m still having a hard time believing it´s CGI.

I´d really like to watch a "making-of" kind of video, so I can understand their techniques, which are above the level of lots of Hollywood movies.

Raf.

Its even a bit scary Raf, only god knows whats in the making by governments who are decades ahead technologywise, very creative, very scary.

I think i like the eagle even better now.

noxon medem
19th December 2012, 20:44
-

Seems like this is solved , somehow,
now, as being a staged reproduction .
Very well done. ( A+ on that task :- )

Here is a perspective from norwegian media:
http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.10847515
And a silly translation through google (thanks! anyway)
(http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Fkultur-og-underholdning%2F1.10847515)

A scolar says it is not a Golden Eagle
but a Kaiser Eagle (Imperior Juvenile)
a young one, that can not carry the
wheight of that baby, and also do not
exist in the wild in that area, unless it
is imported and have escaped.

some sources ( mostly norwegian)
http://www.ordsiden.no/ordbok.php?ordbok=Keiser%C3%B8rn
http://snl.no/keiser%C3%B8rn

- They normaly (naturaly) only
reside in southeast europe and Asia ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Imperial_Eagle
http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kejser%C3%B8rn
( danish wikilink, language close to norwegian )

Some people train with these birds
many as a sport, and the professor
suggest that this is rigged footage
with a young "Keiser"Eagle lifting a doll
dressed up as the baby, but being of
less weight than a 5 pound real baby.

That baby is featured in other parts of
the video footage, with parent in the park,
and then the two segments are merged in edit.

Who knows. Any video or image evidence
is very difficult to trust these days, without
substantial credible references and witnesses.
As close to see it with your own eyes
like it is possible to come, or reach ..

Speaking as a filmmaker I must say
it is very convenient with the images
where the camera points to the ground
and the green grass as the photographer
runs towards the "drama"
Very easy to make jump-cuts in time there
and still make it seem realtime, or uncut .

Thanks for some videowork inspiration,
and a puzzle. ( we love it ..).

Be well.

:fish2:

nm

RunningDeer
19th December 2012, 20:52
UPDATE: please use this link @ shamanicjourney.com (http://www.shamanicjourney.com/display-category/100-0-30/power_animals_totems_spirit_guides)

RunningDeer
19th December 2012, 21:02
Now the government has reason to have all eagles turn in their wings and claws. I suspect, they'll be knocking at their nest doors 3:30 in the morning. Better dot their i's and cross their t's on the search warrants. Make sure it's the right tree address.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/port_kids.jpg

DeDukshyn
19th December 2012, 23:16

Well, I´m not sure about it...

I´m a CGI expert (It is a big part of my daily work) and I couldn´t find any signs of it...

If it´s a hoax, the only possibility is using a prop as a baby, a trained golden eagle, then replacing the prop with a real baby after the cut.

Anyway, I´m 90% it´s not a prop, since you can see the kid moving when the eagle carries it.

If it´s a hoax, it´s a pretty good one.

Apparently a student project so not really a hoax ... give these guys a job! Very well done!! I also do some CGI and I agree -- hard to tell, except that if I saw an eagle that size flying around that low with toddlers around, I'd already be beside my kid. These people had no reaction until after the eagle actually had the kid -- they would have reacted a little sooner in real life, perhaps.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html?cmp=rss

DeDukshyn
19th December 2012, 23:21
But make no mistake ... Golden eagles are vicious hunters, and have been rumoured to carry away small children...

TItHEUOXCeI

XafAdkZIYKA

DeDukshyn
20th December 2012, 00:18
Unless it was a newborn I think the eagle would not be able to carry it off, and even then it would probably not be able to. Humans are bulky and move around a lot, making the center of balance too hard to keep for the bird. It's usual prey weigh much less than an infant. I don't think it would be able to do it, successfully.
Dingoes however, will steal you baby!...

Golden Eagle -- could easily carry off that kid. You should see what they do with goats ! ;) (see eagle vs goat video above!)

ThePythonicCow
20th December 2012, 00:48
Apparently a student project so not really a hoax ... give these guys a job! Very well done!! I also do some CGI and I agree -- hard to tell, except that if I saw an eagle that size flying around that low with toddlers around, I'd already be beside my kid. These people had no reaction until after the eagle actually had the kid -- they would have reacted a little sooner in real life, perhaps.

I can imagine that those closest to the toddler didn't notice the eagle swooping in until the eagle reached the toddler. I doubt eagles make much noise in their "final approach".

DeDukshyn
20th December 2012, 00:55

I can imagine that those closest to the toddler didn't notice the eagle swooping in until the eagle reached the toddler. I doubt eagles make much noise in their "final approach".

While you may be correct ... here's why I say that,

Have you ever had a very large eagle circle over you in close proximity? A natural survival instinct kicks in -- you can "feel" the bird. I have had many experiences with this and it is very unsettling -- especially a bird of that size. As soon as that bird made that turn back, the cameraman would have had this instinct triggered and started moving toward the kid or signalling to the others. I could be wrong, but I am actually pretty sure. ;)

I have had this happen to myself on a few occasions, when these birds start swooping in like that, you "feel" it, even if you can't see it right away, but then again, being raised with nature, that may be just "me". ;)

Carmody
20th December 2012, 00:57

Wrong time of year for squirrels and in a public park (in the north), the groundskeepers remove the very things that keep the squirrels out in the areas where they would be picked by the eagles.

I'm certainly not angry with the eagle, It's just 'doing it's thing' and feeding. Nothing new there.

Edit:
Apparently a student project? Well, it would have been a very heavy load for an Eagle. The wingspan/'lift area' was a bit short for even a temporary lift..... it was borderline. If the Eagle had remained moving, maybe a few feet forward.

Carmody
20th December 2012, 01:02

Have you ever had a very large eagle circle over you in close proximity? A natural survival instinct kicks in -- you can "feel" the bird. I have had many experiences with this and it is very unsettling -- especially a bird of that size. As soon as that bird made that turn back, the cameraman would have had this instinct triggered and started moving toward the kid or signalling to the others. I could be wrong, but I am actually pretty sure. ;)

I have had this happen to myself on a few occasions, when these birds start swooping in like that, you "feel" it, even if you can't see it right away, but then again, being raised with nature, that may be just "me". ;)

Just a while back, I killed a squirrel that got into the attic. It's neck had snapped, it was not 100% dead yet. it was brain dead, but still breathing. I had used a baited rat trap.

I brought the squirrel out to the edge of the back yard, which is on the edge of the woods.

I had not seen the local raptor female in months. Yet, as I walked out to the yard, with this offering, It was on the wing and on it's way, coming right at me, about 300 meters out, coming in from the tops of the trees.

edit: at the same time, the local crows, who look forward to the things I bring them, they started screeching to the raptor 'no soup for you!'.

They wanted the squirrel to stop moving and cool off. I never bothered to wait and see what ended up happening -whether the raptor got the hot meal, or if the crows got their chilled one.

ThePythonicCow
20th December 2012, 01:09
I had not seen the local raptor female in months. Yet, as I walked out to the yard, with this offering, It was on the wing and on it's way, coming right at me, about 300 meters out, coming in from the top of the trees.
I trust you increased your physical distance from that dying squirrel about that time.

Carmody
20th December 2012, 01:12
I had not seen the local raptor female in months. Yet, as I walked out to the yard, with this offering, It was on the wing and on it's way, coming right at me, about 300 meters out, coming in from the top of the trees.
I trust you increased your physical distance from that dying squirrel about that time.

Oh, I did. Then, as you can see via my edit, it tried to get complicated. I could not solve the thing, as I only had one squirrel - only one bowl of soup. Still warm. The crows like their pizza cold, still on the coffee table (beside the empty beer bottles).

modwiz
20th December 2012, 01:18

Agreed Lazlo. Eagles are really bad ass. Getting into a tussle with one would be very bad for a persons health. Fortunately, they are not trouble makers and will not mess with you unless you mess with/disturb them or they think they can make a meal out of you. Our size is the only thing that allows us to appreciate these raptors. If Peanut could talk, I'm sure it would be interesting. I have not watched the video. Sounds too much like something the news would show.

Tane Mahuta
20th December 2012, 01:58

Merry Christmas modwiz

TM

WhiteFeather
20th December 2012, 02:35
The Red Elmo hat that the young child was sporting prior to the possible abduction could of influenced this eagle. The color red was the attraction possibly. Just my opinion.

modwiz
20th December 2012, 02:40
The Red Elmo hat that the young child was sporting prior to the possible abduction could of influenced this eagle. The color red was the attraction possibly. Just my opinion.

I think the eagle was thinking, 'super-size me'. :p

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Merry Christmas modwiz

TM

TY TM, and same to you.

WhiteFeather
20th December 2012, 02:46
Just loving it Rad. Lmao :p

SilentFeathers
20th December 2012, 02:47
Hey folks,

Guys, I´ve heard about big birds carrying kids away with their claws, but I´ve never seen it on video!

I though it was an urban legend or something like that.

CE0Q904gtMI

Lucky kid...

Cheers,

Raf.

On the comments under this video someone writes; "Obama is probably going to ban eagles now".

Carmody
20th December 2012, 02:52
But make no mistake ... Golden eagles are vicious hunters, and have been rumoured to carry away small children...

TItHEUOXCeI

My last pup was almost identical looking to this wolf. And she never had a collar in her whole life... so you can see why the local kids thought she was a wolf.

Bill Ryan
20th December 2012, 03:45
------

Sorry, Folks (genuinely):

http://www.3news.co.nz/Baby-snatching-eagle-clip-confirmed-as-a-hoax/tabid/412/articleID/280995/Default.aspx

Baby-snatching eagle clip confirmed as a hoax

A video that appeared to show an eagle swooping down and picking up a baby from a park in Montreal has been confirmed as a fake.

The clip, uploaded to YouTube yesterday, already has nearly 3 million views.

This morning it was revealed to be a clever animation (http://gawker.com/5969701/all-the-reasons-that-baby+snatching-eagle-video-is-fake), produced by students at Montreal animation school Centre NAD.

The school hosts an annual "hoax the internet" exam, and it would appear the creators of this clip have – if you'd excuse the pun – passed with flying colours.

SnowyOwl
20th December 2012, 03:49
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Monks_Mound_in_July.JPG/284px-Monks_Mound_in_July.JPGIn 1673 Father Marquette from Montreal accompany by Louis Joliette a Wood-runner as we call them, later express in US culture as Daniel Boone, where going down the Mississipi and in the IslesofNuts in french Isles aux Noix (Illinois) not far of King Louis of France City named St-Louis saw sketch on rocks of Piasa Giant Bird. Algonquin speaking tribes spreading from north of Quebec River (St-Laurence River) around Great Lakes as far as Wisonsin and down to St-Louis knows about the North American Dragon known as Piasa meaning in Illini algonquin speaking tribe the bird that devours man. Later Cavalier de la Salle follow the Trail describe decades before and witness too the sketch of Piasa near actual Alton city, Illinois. The legend says that thousand of moons prior to the arrival of the first Europeans, that is Eric le Rouge the Scandinavian Viking around 900, Piasa where numerous and a great threat to all Tribes.
It is the largest prehistoric earthen construction in the Americas north of Mexico.[3] (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Cahokia#cite_note-nps.gov-3)
Cahokia Mounds was designated a National Historic Landmark (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/National_Historic_Landmark) on July 19, 1964, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/National_Register_of_Historic_Places) on October 15, 1966.[1] (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Cahokia#cite_note-nhlsum-1)
In 1982 UNESCO (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/UNESCO) (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) designated Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site as a World Heritage Site (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/World_Heritage_Site). The park protects 2,200 acres (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Acre) (890 ha (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Hectare)), and is the center of continuing archaeological (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Archaeological) research. This is the only such site in Illinois and among only twenty-one World Heritage Sites (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/World_Heritage_Sites) in the United States.[5] (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Cahokia#cite_note-unesco-5)
Cahokia was known to be the most active and populous site north of Mexico. Between 20 to 30 000 habitants.
The Picture above is perceived by Northern as Central and Southern America Shamans as the most North settlement prior to the melting of the Huge Northern Ice cap and the sliding of the Wisconsin Iceberg until its fall in Great Lakes at Niagara.

The Père Marquette Journal as this statement in His Journal,

In 1673, Father Jacques Marquette (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Jacques_Marquette) saw the painting on a limestone bluff overlooking the Mississippi River (http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Mississippi_River) while exploring the area. He recorded the following description:
"While Skirting some rocks, which by Their height and length inspired awe, We saw upon one of them two painted monsters which at first made Us afraid, and upon Which the boldest savages dare not Long rest their eyes. They are as large As a calf; they have Horns on their heads Like those of a deer, a horrible look, red eyes, a beard Like a tiger's, a face somewhat like a man's, a body Covered with scales, and so Long A tail that it winds all around the Body, passing above the head and going back between the legs, ending in a Fish's tail. Green, red, and black are the three Colors composing the Picture. Moreover, these 2 monsters are so well painted that we cannot believe that any savage is their author; for good painters in France would find it difficult to reach that place Conveniently to paint them. Here is approximately The shape of these monsters, As we have faithfully Copied It." Later French explorers, like St. Cosme, reported that by 1699 the series of images were badly worn due to the habits of the local Indians to "discharge their weapons" at the images as they passed.

Piasa Was later Romance and deformed in John Russel book of 1836.

An Alton Evening Telegraph newspaper article of May 27, 1921 stated that seven smaller painted images, believed to be of archaic American Indian origin, were found in the early 20th Century approx. 1.5 miles upriver from the ancient "Piasa" creature's location. These pictures were carved and painted in rocks located in the "Levis Bluffs" area by George Dickson and William Turk in 1905. Four of the these paintings were of "an owl, a sun circle, a squirrel, and a piece showing two birds or some kind of animals in a contest", the other 3 paintings were of "a great animal, perhaps a lion, and another an animal about as large as a dog". These paintings were photographed by Prof. William McAdams and were to be placed in his book "Records of Ancient Races in the Mississippi Valley: being an account of some of the pictographs, sculptured hieroglyphs, symbolic devices, emblems and traditions of the prehistoric races of America, with some suggestions as to their origin" William McAdams, C. R. Barns Publishing Co., 1887. {available on Google Books} .

Finally

PICTOGRAPHS AND PETROGLYPHS—THEIR ORIGIN AND USES—THE PIASA,*OR PnjSA.fTHE LARGEST AND MOST WONDERFUL PETROGLYPHS OF THE WORLD—THEIR CLOSE RESEMBLANCE TO THE MANIFOLD DESCRIPTIONS AND NAMES OF THE DEVIL OF THE SCRIPTURES — WHERE, WHEN AND BY WHOM THESE MONSTER PETROGLYPHS WERE DISCOVERED—BUT BY WHOM CONCEIVED AND EXECUTED, AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE, NOW IS, AND PROBABLY EVER WILL BE, A SEALED MYSTERY.
http://books.google.ca/books?pg=PA1&id=OBjXAAAAMAAJ&output=text

Many American Hemisphere Shamans are now active in a Internet Network. Today in 2012 Piaza and alikes are perceived as the same as aliens ships, since a lot of Oral Traditions merged both, that is the animal morphogenic description, as in Egypt for instance and mecanical description as in south america, africa, egypt turkey northern india, pakistan and china.

For most of Shamans there is no difference between Quetzecual in the Popol Vuh, Piaza, Chinese Dragons or spaceships since they are all manifestations of flying Spirit, Some are Benevolent some are hungry or thirsday as Piasa was.

The reason that I post this, is as perceived by Shamans, The People Living High (Hochelagans or todays called Montrealais) hoax is just a reminiscence of what was, was is and was is to come.

Fellow Aspirant
20th December 2012, 04:20
Yup. Hoax all right.

I'm pleased to see, though, while it was still "up in the air" about its validity, how many people came to the defense of the eagle. Yay Mother Nature, eh?

And I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Obama would have banned eagles. In fact, if it HAD been legit, I'm thinking that it would not have been long before 'Captain Drone' would have set up a training school for humungous raptors for use by the military. Terrorist babies in their sites? Swoop in! Or, more likely, they could have been used to simply disarm the perp. The hoax certainly seems to have disarmed us. :cool:

Now the government has reason to have all eagles turn in their wings and claws. I suspect, they'll be knocking at their nest doors 3:30 in the morning. Better dot their i's and cross their t's on the search warrants. Make sure it's the right tree address.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/port_kids.jpg

DeDukshyn
20th December 2012, 04:40
------

http://www.3news.co.nz/Baby-snatching-eagle-clip-confirmed-as-a-hoax/tabid/412/articleID/280995/Default.aspx

A video that appeared to show an eagle swooping down and picking up a baby from a park in Montreal has been confirmed as a fake.

This morning it was revealed to be a clever animation (http://gawker.com/5969701/all-the-reasons-that-baby+snatching-eagle-video-is-fake), produced by students at Montreal animation school Centre NAD.

The school hosts an annual "hoax the internet" exam, and it would appear the creators of this clip have – if you'd excuse the pun – passed with flying colours.

Despite all the links and stories of it being a student project below ... this has been a persistent story. Probably because the possibility isn't all that far fetched.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601979&viewfull=1#post601979 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601979&viewfull=1#post601979)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601989&viewfull=1#post601989

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=602011&viewfull=1#post602011

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=602028&viewfull=1#post602028

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=602126&viewfull=1#post602126

westhill
20th December 2012, 19:43
Sussing the illusion...
Wow, without an admission from the creators we still would have no idea it was faked.
What we should all be thinking is what else have we been fed that's a hoax. Now is when
our intuition needs to be active. The surface isn't offering clues anymore!

DNA
20th December 2012, 20:18

To the Jorr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdZ4JgGm2p4

DNA
20th December 2012, 20:34

We have huge birds in Arizona, including the great horned owl. One day while I was at work I was in the parking lot and it was the middle of the night. I'm in the northern most habited area of Scottsdale, very sparsely populated with a lot of desert.

I was about to get out of my car when I noticed a pigeon, now this made me say: Hmmmmmm why don't I ever see pigeons this far north? And at that exact moment in the parking lot there was an explosian of feathers and a great horned owl flew away with the pigeon. I had no clue that was about to happen until it happened.

Carmody
20th December 2012, 21:14
Researching the sea eagles, has brought me to a new descriptor for imperialistic/fascistic capitalism.

What it's true name and meaning is:

"KleptoParasitism" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptoparasitism)

Thus, from now on, each time you find me referencing capitalism, you'll probably find me linking this word and definition.

DeDukshyn
21st December 2012, 00:47

We have huge birds in Arizona, including the great horned owl. One day while I was at work I was in the parking lot and it was the middle of the night. I'm in the northern most habited area of Scottsdale, very sparsely populated with a lot of desert.

I was about to get out of my car when I noticed a pigeon, now this made me say: Hmmmmmm why don't I ever see pigeons this far north? And at that exact moment in the parking lot there was an explosian of feathers and a great horned owl flew away with the pigeon. I had no clue that was about to happen until it happened.

I wouldn't expect anything less of an horned owl ;) My experiences are from when the eagle was obviously watching me. So I'll admit a bias in perception ;)

Keltikmuse
21st December 2012, 01:06
I am watching Sky news now and it has proved to have been a massive hoax. Sorry guys...

DeDukshyn
21st December 2012, 03:32
Nobody goes through threads anymore ... I guess I'm guilty too, but at least not on this thread! ;) ;)

meat suit
21st December 2012, 09:30
cgi is getting very good....soon nobody will be able to tell real apart from fake..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20798561

toad
21st December 2012, 09:55
Totally fake, check wired.com

¤=[Post Update]=¤

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/12/eagle-picks-up-a-kid-real-or-fake/

13th Warrior
21st December 2012, 15:14
I guess the verdict is in...the news says it's fake and they would never lie to anyone...

DeDukshyn
21st December 2012, 20:31
Nobody goes through threads anymore ... I guess I'm guilty too, but at least not on this thread! ;) ;)

Wow this is even more true as I point it out! Since about 75% of the posts in this thread clearly indicate this is a student project or "hoax", leads me to believe that no one reads through threads -- they just want a comment on the thread title or the last post.

This even applies to Bill it appears ... ?

------

Despite all the links and stories of it being a student project below ... this has been a persistent story. Probably because the possibility isn't all that far fetched.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601979&viewfull=1#post601979 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601979&viewfull=1#post601979)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601989&viewfull=1#post601989

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=602011&viewfull=1#post602011

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=602028&viewfull=1#post602028

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=602126&viewfull=1#post602126

This is less than stellar, in my opinion ...

Flash
21st December 2012, 21:42
The teacher had told the kids who made the video that if they were having 100,000 views on youtube, they were getting 100% mark on their homework. He will have to give 1,000% because they hit a few millions viewers. LOL

I am pretty sure employers will be lining up to get them by now - montreal being a international nest (pun intended) of video game making (companies).

Flash
21st December 2012, 21:45

Wow this is even more true as I point it out! Since about 75% of the posts in this thread clearly indicate this is a student project or "hoax", leads me to believe that no one reads through threads -- they just want a comment on the thread title or the last post.

This even applies to Bill it appears ... ?

------

This is less than stellar, in my opinion ...

Yes, and it tells you how most threads are probably read. No wonder change is a slow thing..... ;)

DeDukshyn
21st December 2012, 21:47
The teacher had told the kids who made the video that if they were having 100,000 views on youtube, they were getting 100% mark on their homework. He will have to give 1,000% because they hit a few millions viewers. LOL

I am pretty sure employers will be lining up to get them by now - montreal being a international nest (pun intended) of video game making (companies).

Damn rights! As a casual gamer, I take pride in the fact some of the worlds best games are made in Canada -- EA games, Ubisoft Montreal -- just to name two ;)