PDA

View Full Version : Lost Time!?

Carmen
20th December 2012, 13:45
Yesterday my daughter and I experienced losing time. We went out to shift our cattle at about three in the afternoon. This took no more than an hour but when we checked the time on the way home it was about four forty five! There was no way that what we did took nearly two hours. We found it very odd but apart from that everything was normal.

I was having my sister-in- law over for dinner that evening so that was why I was conscious of what time it was. Anyway, she arrived at my place just after five and had the same story of having 'lost' an hour of time that afternoon, and it was the same hour that we had lost!

Did anyone else experience the losing of time, or of time 'jumping' yesterday afternoon? I am in the Southern Hemisphere!

Caren
20th December 2012, 14:11
Hi Carmen,
I was really busy helping my elderly mother prepare for Christmas and only glanced at the clock once or twice - so no notice of the time much but I have experienced episodes of lost time in past years. I wonder how many of us here on Avalon have experienced time unaccounted for? I realize you are specifically inquiring about lost time 'yesterday'.

soleil
20th December 2012, 14:24
i'm not missing time, but i am definitely finding time's going "faster". whatever that means.

Fred Steeves
20th December 2012, 15:17
Hi Carmen, it wouldn't shock me if we are all at a general point of being faced with choosing which timeline to follow. Rather similar to the myriad of choices we encounter driving the highway through a major city, we can stay put on the main highway, take any number of different highways, or exit into any part of the city that we like.

Maybe these little time slips are moments when we are subconsciously contemplating which route we most align with, like looking/waiting for the proper exit.

Just thinking aloud.:)

Cheers,
Fred

kcbc2010
20th December 2012, 15:32
It's funny that you'd bring up this topic because I think I had the same experience yesterday. (Not exactly the same, but the experience of wondering where time went.....) For me, it was like something inside me switched on and I was more aware and I feel like I lost 10-15 minutes of time. I was clock-watching for a specific reason and I totally missed the time that I wanted to leave by.

I know it's not a lot, like others have experienced. However, it was just weird. Even accounting for how things 'normally' work when doing different activities, this still felt weird. I can't explain it at all.

Carmen
20th December 2012, 15:36
It was odd Fred as I was active and doing stuff at the time. And then to have another person experience the same thing!

KcBc2010, interesting huh, maybe we just slipped away for awhile?

araucaria
20th December 2012, 15:43
Hi Carmen, it wouldn't shock me if we are all at a general point of being faced with choosing which timeline to follow. Rather similar to the myriad of choices we encounter driving the highway through a major city, we can stay put on the main highway, take any number of different highways, or exit into any part of the city that we like.

Maybe these little time slips are moments when we are subconsciously contemplating which route we most align with, like looking/waiting for the proper exit.

Just thinking aloud.:)

Cheers,
Fred

Yeah Fred, I've lost an hour a couple of times this year negotiating the plate of spaghetti we call a road network. I knew where I was heading but the signposting is dreadful :)

ViralSpiral
20th December 2012, 15:52
Yesterday, my friend and I spent a little time around the pool. I had looked at the time. It was around 12h00. A little while later, I again checked as we were a little peckish and thinking it was around 13h00, wanted to double check. It was 14h30!

There is NO way that our little chit chat lasted 2,5 hours. We were both flabbergasted and speechless.

kaon
20th December 2012, 15:57
Losing time is common when it is associated with being abducted. Not saying that's the case here, but you should look for other tell tale signs such as cuts, scratches or bruises.

Chip
20th December 2012, 16:01
Yes, I had two experiences yesterday where I noticed a time that made me say to myself "how did that take so long" .
It is very evident to my Self that perceptive time is going by quicker.
It is really quite fascinating observing this.

sirdipswitch
20th December 2012, 17:15
Excellent thread Carmen, I too lost some time yesterday. I am always time conscious durring late afternoon, because that's when Sydney, (my Boston Terrier) starts buggin me to go cook something for us to eat. cc. I looked at the time on my computer, and it was 3:50. I walked the 25 feet into my kitchen, and happened to glance at the clock on the stove, and it said 4:30. I thought my clocks were out of sinc, and headed back to my bedroom, to recheck my computer, to see how far off they were, and now, as I went back, I noticed also that it was now dark outside, and had been light, when I went the other way. Very strange. My computer now said 4:30, also. Took me 40 minutes to walk 25 feet. Didn't seem like I was goin that slow at the time. ccc.

As araucaria mentioned, I too have noticed this same thing happening more over the past 6 months, but never had the time nailed down, to be sure of it, like I did yesterday. Yesterday was a big jump... instantly. There was no mistaking what had just occured. Did some of us change timelines yesterday??? As Fred theorised? I asked George what had just happened, and He just chuckled and said: "You're still in the game." Which is His cute little way of sayin He ain't tellin. So I have to sit here and wonder about it just like all of you. ccc.

RunningDeer
20th December 2012, 18:30
I wondered why several neighbors were still home, and figured they took vacation days. I thought today is Wednesday. Saturday? For the last several months my weeks are only 5 days long. Now they're down to 3 or 4? We know what that's about.

PS Repost from last Saturday.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Photoshop/spoon.jpg

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Photoshop/who_cares.JPG

from Calz:

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Photoshop/mindfulnessclock.JPG

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Photoshop/wakeup_clock.JPG

RunningDeer
20th December 2012, 18:34
Stopping Time - June 9th, 2012, (repost, spoken in that time frame)

This never happened before, and it’s a lesson for me to dial up the inner awareness.

Wolfie, my dog, and I were out for a walk at the local shopping mall. There’s patch of woods on the outer skirts where he does his business. This afternoon, he couldn’t wait and picked a spot where everyone is out and about doing their Saturday to-dos.

I’m looking down to see if he’s finished and feeling embarrassed. I’m aware of the inner dialogue of, “I hope no one comes by.” With my head still down, and eyes raised, I saw four cars suspended in time; two on the other side of the median and two with several car lengthens between coming in our direction. No sound. Then, in the next nano second, they drove on.

It took about 30 seconds for me to recollect what just happened. After the initial “can’t be, that’s impossible”, I let it alone and walked for a few moments. Then asked, “What happened just before that point in time?” I ran the tape backwards and came up with the emotion of embarrassment, coupled with wanting a different outcome.

Emotion + Desire = a powerful affirmation of I choose my reality.

Peace,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer :wave:

Grumpy Cat
20th December 2012, 18:45
I've been in my new home (well, a room) for a month and ten days now, yet it only *feels* like I've been here for a couple of weeks.

Either it's because I'm getting older or time is indeed, speeding up.

Ideal as I have to wait another nine months to return to university... D:

araucaria
20th December 2012, 19:20
Excellent thread Carmen, I too lost some time yesterday. I am always time conscious durring late afternoon, because that's when Sydney, (my Boston Terrier) starts buggin me to go cook something for us to eat. cc. I looked at the time on my computer, and it was 3:50. I walked the 25 feet into my kitchen, and happened to glance at the clock on the stove, and it said 4:30. I thought my clocks were out of sinc, and headed back to my bedroom, to recheck my computer, to see how far off they were, and now, as I went back, I noticed also that it was now dark outside, and had been light, when I went the other way. Very strange. My computer now said 4:30, also. Took me 40 minutes to walk 25 feet. Didn't seem like I was goin that slow at the time. ccc.

As araucaria mentioned, I too have noticed this same thing happening more over the past 6 months, but never had the time nailed down, to be sure of it, like I did yesterday. Yesterday was a big jump... instantly. There was no mistaking what had just occured. Did some of us change timelines yesterday??? As Fred theorised? I asked George what had just happened, and He just chuckled and said: "You're still in the game." Which is His cute little way of sayin He ain't tellin. So I have to sit here and wonder about it just like all of you. ccc.

Sorry Sirdipswitch, I was just kidding; I saw every last minute go by! One time we crossed a whole city and back because of one missing signpost, the other time we went round in circles: excruciating. However time is mostly speeding up: it's like Monday Tuesday Friday.

giovonni
20th December 2012, 19:29
Well since your always a day ahead down there ~ i will let you know tomorrow ~ If it happens this afternoon up here ...
But then again were always experiencing that phenomena here at the Eceti Ranch ...http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Timewaster
20th December 2012, 19:50
Carmen I experienced the same thing at the same time as you.
Last night I could'nt sleep, so around 1 pm I tried to have a nap before work. I could'nt sleep and was getting frustrated, i remember checking the time and it was 2ish, I nodded off for i thought 10 mins but when I checked it was 4.30pm! My whole body was aching and I got up and tried to walk but I had no balance and fell over!

Strangely two days ago I woke up with a lump under the skin of both my armpits at the exact same place. They are very painful to touch!

Fred Steeves
20th December 2012, 20:01
O.K., letting my freak flag fly a little bit here, and invoking some "Time Warp", Rocky Horror Picture Show style. Remember seeing that at the midnight movies back in the 70's?(LOL) Who woulda thunk it, that we'd be doing the time warp for real one day.:rolleyes:

"It's just a jump to your left...And put your hands on your hips!"...http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Rtkdo7bOmJc

Revere
20th December 2012, 20:09
Yup I'm definately lost in time!

Peace,
-R-

Ammit
20th December 2012, 21:32
Don't know if it is the same thing but, met a few friends for drinks at a pub about 1.5 miles away. Got merry and walked home, took me 3.5 hours and ever since I have had a raised scar just below my right knee. This was a few years ago and it is still raised but gives no problems.

It is a walk done many times and usually takes about 15 minutes to 30 minutes.....

lindabaker
20th December 2012, 23:52
Yesterday I lost about an hour and a half. It was uncanny. I wasn't napping or anything, and I have no way of explaining how a few simple chores in the house took a very extraordinary length of time. It's like someone cut out and hour and a half with a pair of scissors.

RunningDeer
21st December 2012, 00:31
Jim, my brother was building his home. I helped from time to time. This one day he was adding plywood to the roof. He was in a foul mood. It was hot, and he was tired. Rather than be around the ranting, I asked for another job. He had me pick up the excess straps of 2x4’s and plywood around the property.

I had been practicing how to move “out of time”, where I'd watch the body do it’s work in a rhythmic flow. No emotional attachment to the job or the result. I reported back to Jim. He couldn’t believe the job was done, but he could see the huge pile of wood. Jim had only laid two sheets of plywood. And as I write this I want to say maybe three sheets because it seems impossible for those two events to match up in a 3D world.

He asked how I could've gotten so much done. My response was that I got out of my own way. The body worked while a part of me watched on. Jim asked no more questions, and I knew to not to offer. My family knows I have “strange” beliefs and our worlds are far apart. (no pun intended)

What I came away with was:

experiencer=experience=experiencing=all one in the same
Take no credit as the doer or action of doer or result of the doer.

Peace,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

DeDukshyn
21st December 2012, 00:56
Time went extraordinarily fast yesterday .. I didn't get much work done at all ..

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Don't know if it is the same thing but, met a few friends for drinks at a pub about 1.5 miles away. Got merry and walked home, took me 3.5 hours and ever since I have had a raised scar just below my right knee. This was a few years ago and it is still raised but gives no problems.

It is a walk done many times and usually takes about 15 minutes to 30 minutes.....

Similar thing happened to me too! Hell of a hangover! ;) ;)

Occam's Razor
21st December 2012, 01:31
I don't usually forget things, but I completely thought a conversation I had with a friend occurred yesterday morning. But it happened the previous day....I would've bet anything I was right...but I was wrong..

It was odd to me...small, but interesting.

Carolin
21st December 2012, 04:24
I lost about 45 minutes yesterday too around 11am. I had a few stops to make on my way into work and what would normally have taken no more than 15 minutes took over an hour. I was shocked when I saw the time.

Carmen
21st December 2012, 06:05
Wow, some interesting posts. Thanks guys. I did a bit of research round the people in my area. I'm in the country so it was only two families and the old guy who is fencing for me. My eldest daughter did not notice anything, she was working a tractor for eleven hours tedding hay. My neighbours up the road experienced missing time or time exceleration and my fencer also experienced missing time! So it wasn't just me. Curiouser and curiouser!!

kcbc2010
21st December 2012, 18:43
It was odd Fred as I was active and doing stuff at the time. And then to have another person experience the same thing!

KcBc2010, interesting huh, maybe we just slipped away for awhile?

Maybe. Who knows? I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

M6*
22nd December 2012, 01:03
Yes! WE did! It was QUITE A TRIP!!! A GOOD ONE....I HOPE!
Still sorting things out:-) About 4 hours of LosT Time! ??? ....In California....2009
(before I "corrected" it, I wrote 2909) Thanks for the post! It will be interesting
to see what others have to say. M6*
P.S. "Keep Calm and Carry On"!

Carmen
22nd December 2012, 01:11
Maybe that was "the shift"??