PDA

View Full Version : Whither now, O Human Race ???

Kryztian
22nd December 2012, 18:26
Congratulations, Human Race, we just survived another cycle of the Mayan Calendar system.

This 13 baktun cycle (on the Gregorian calendar the period from 3114 BCE to 2012 AD ) has been quite an exciting time for our species. Around the time the cycle began, many of us abandoned our nomadic lifestyles, developed advanced agricultural techniques, settled in towns along the Nile, Tigris, and Indus rivers, developed metal tools, writing, mathematics, and astronomy, codified laws, built cities and large structures. As our technology continued to develop, we moved to new parts of the globe, built kingdoms and empires, created complex systems of religion, philosophy, mathematics, wrote poems and plays, erected sculpture and architecture, composed music and many other manifestations of what we call "civilization."

Eventually, when we had learned to circle the globe with ships, some of us learned to suppress and conquer other peoples which we had only just encountered, and whose culture we hardly understood. As nations rose and governments grew, trees were felled, new lands claimed and more cities were built. All sorts of technologies were created that improved the comfort, quality and possibilities in our lives.

These technologies had their downsides too, and threatened our very existence. Some believed that the doomsday clock pointed to a minute before midnight, and we were destined to bring about the extinction of our own race, if not a mass extinction of the other life forms on our planet. But we made it through December 21, 2012 A.D. without destroying our selves. So now where are we headed?

We certainly have many challenges to face in the this new cycle. Will we cut down all our forests, pollute all our rivers and waterways, and contaminate our soil? Will we deplete all of our energy and mineral resources? Will our atmosphere be destroyed or will the other cycles of nature be thrown off balance by our impale? Will we ever stop the violence of war and terrorism? Will we continue to create economies and political system that put more power and resources into the hands of fewer and fewer people? Will democracy and the free exchange of ideas flourish, or will corporations exercise more and more control over our media and educational systems? Will unregulated research and experimentation with the genome, artificial intelligence, nano-technology and military technology create something devastating to our race and our planet? Will we still be here in 7138 A.D. when the next calendar cycle ends?

If we are to make it, we need to start planning now. Not a 6 month plan, not a 10 year plan, not a lifetime plan, but a plan to keep our planet verdant, peaceful, and free, for the next Mayan Calendar cycle. We need to look at the long haul, as the creators of this calendar did. We need to start now, to understand our current reality better, and to envision our possible futures, so that our human race can continue to flourish.

Snookie
22nd December 2012, 22:13
Well, we know what the power elite want, the question is will we let them?

mosquito
23rd December 2012, 04:04
Brilliantly put, thank you.

We ALL have to rise to the challenge and truly demonstrate that we are "awake and aware" rather than just talk about it. Maybe one way forward is to design our own lives based on our core values, and then forge relationships with a view to building sustainable communities for our future.

thetruepathofwisdom
23rd December 2012, 04:15
Brilliantly put, thank you.

We ALL have to rise to the challenge and truly demonstrate that we are "awake and aware" rather than just talk about it. Maybe one way forward is to design our own lives based on our core values, and then forge relationships with a view to building sustainable communities for our future.

Good idea, so lets make a list of principles that we can live by.

I'll start:

- Respect all opinions, observations and ideas and listen to them with an open mind.

mosquito
23rd December 2012, 04:19
Good idea, so lets make a list of principles that we can live by.

I'll start:

- Respect all opinions, observations and ideas and listen to them with an open mind.

Thank you !!! And to continue ...

compassion, empathy, honour, love, abundance, caring, courage, honesty, joy .,...

thetruepathofwisdom
23rd December 2012, 04:25
Thank you !!! And to continue ...

compassion, empathy, honour, love, abundance, caring, courage, honesty, joy .,...

- Have compassion, empathy, love and be caring towards all other living beings.

- Have the courage to speak the truth, no matter the consequences.

Freed Fox
23rd December 2012, 05:16
- Do not let criminals and liars write the rules and govern others

- Do not value money over life and liberty

- Stop treating the Earth as if it is a gift to humanity to use and abuse at leisure (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-08-06/business/35490843_1_jane-kleeb-keystone-xl-ogallala-aquifer - one of many examples)

thetruepathofwisdom
23rd December 2012, 05:39

- Have compassion, empathy, love and be caring towards all other living beings.

- Have the courage to speak the truth, no matter the consequences.

- Do not let criminals and liars write the rules and govern others.

- Do not value money over life and liberty.

- Stop treating Mother Earth as if it is a gift to humanity to use and abuse at leisure, rather, respect her and only take what you need.

- Do not take the life of any living creature, it is not yours to take. (feel free to state your opinion on this)

- Do not indulge in alcohol, drugs or any other substance, rather, keep a pure state of mind and heart.

Umoedd
23rd December 2012, 05:48
While we may congratulate ourselves on living through 'the end of the world', the fact is, we didn't do ****..
We all hoped a big change was coming. Maybe not the end of the world, but yet still some kind of a change.. And if we are quite honest, most of us just waited to see what would happen and hoped for ET intervention.
But, nothing changed.. Again.
We cannot hope for intervention, I feel that the only changes we can bring to the world (for now) are the ones we are prepared to make ourselves.

So far, I can only hope to live a good life, strive to be a better person, and spread the word amongst friends and family that perhaps our leaders are wrong. (Very wrong!)

My children have been brought up without any religious influences, yet have been taught the importance of humanity and spirituality.
We have shown them what is possible beyond what is taught in school, and prepared them to accept that all they have known may be wrong.
That, for the moment is all I can do, but if I was given the opportunity to do more, then I would be the first to volunteer.

The world is turning to ****. We know this. My point is that we need to make definite changes ourselves rather than waiting for angels or Inter Galactic Intervention.
It's so easy yet so hard at the same time..
Do what you can.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has offered me a new perspective on the world, I may not agree with you on everything but it doesn't mean it's not interesting!
Long may it continue.

Umoedd

thetruepathofwisdom
23rd December 2012, 06:08
While we may congratulate ourselves on living through 'the end of the world', the fact is, we didn't do ****..
We all hoped a big change was coming. Maybe not the end of the world, but yet still some kind of a change.. And if we are quite honest, most of us just waited to see what would happen and hoped for ET intervention.
But, nothing changed.. Again.
We cannot hope for intervention, I feel that the only changes we can bring to the world (for now) are the ones we are prepared to make ourselves.

So far, I can only hope to live a good life, strive to be a better person, and spread the word amongst friends and family that perhaps our leaders are wrong. (Very wrong!)

My children have been brought up without any religious influences, yet have been taught the importance of humanity and spirituality.
We have shown them what is possible beyond what is taught in school, and prepared them to accept that all they have known may be wrong.
That, for the moment is all I can do, but if I was given the opportunity to do more, then I would be the first to volunteer.

The world is turning to ****. We know this. My point is that we need to make definite changes ourselves rather than waiting for angels or Inter Galactic Intervention.
It's so easy yet so hard at the same time..
Do what you can.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has offered me a new perspective on the world, I may not agree with you on everything but it doesn't mean it's not interesting!
Long may it continue.

Umoedd

Although I am not sure wether 2012 was a hoax, not real, or happened but we just don't know what, I agree that it is up to us to make the change (and we have already begun). Some how a feel like i'm starting fresh, that even though 2012 didn't happen, I still feel as though this is a new beginning. We no will no longer wait for any prophesies to come true, or for any other worldly event/beings to do the job for us. We can now realise that it is up to US, and us alone to restore this planet to its true state.

It is hard to explain the way I feel, but I think, that I was sub-consciously waiting for the "end of the world". This stopped me from truly taking action. So now that its over, and I am no longer deluded, I am going to do everything in my power to raise awareness in all who are ignorant of the truth, and ultimately restore mother earth to her true state of being.

For me 2012 did happen! Just in a strange way :)

JP