PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 193: To require persons who seek to retain seed harvested from the planting of patented seeds to register ...

risveglio
8th January 2013, 05:05
This new bill would require you to register seeds you save. Mind bogglingly stupid. Only good news is the congresswoman that introduced it is getting no good comments on her facebook page.

http://www.examiner.com/article/h-r-193-would-force-farmers-to-pay-a-fee-on-saved-seeds-and-register-them?cid=db_articles

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr193

The examiner article says it would only be on altered seeds, so maybe this would be a good thing cause the farmers would not want to pay to save the seeds and would throw them out.

Referee
8th January 2013, 05:15
Post removed by me.

NewFounderHome
8th January 2013, 05:24
Big corporation are starting to putt pressure to push them out of the way.

They want to push the small one's out.

The small one's don't sell to Wallmart and Costco.

heysoulsister
8th January 2013, 06:20
Big corporation are starting to putt pressure to push them out of the way.

They want to push the small one's out.

The small one's don't sell to Wallmart and Costco.

True big corporation and governments are putting the pressure on the rural sector at an alarmingly increasing rate.

This is about them "owning stuff", they aren't happy to sell the seed and let the rural producer harvest it and sell it on or use it however they choose.
Oh no no no! Can't have that! They want to retain rights and ownership past the harvest point.
Thank you for your business when you brought the seed, now that you have harvested it please read all the documents, sign here and pay us even more $$$$
god what I would give to see an "un-bastardisd" seed on the market that would be worth keeping to replant for the next season.
Their fancy modified seeds are good for crap past the first and perhaps second season...

How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time > What they are doing is culling the small guy out farmer by farmer and now we can see governments, big corporations, etc buying up the big ones.
Game set match!! thank you very much!
Soon they will have monopoly of the rural sector in every facet.
Control the food, control the masses

I am sure I am not saying anything that we all don't fundamentally know.
This I have been seeing and experiencing first hand all my life.
Please be gentle with me in regards to questions and comments - this is now my husbands passion and interest - it broke me emotionally, mentally and spiritually years ago.

reminds me....
I really should find all those forms that they sent for the third time in december, fill them in and send them back.
nah eff em! :wizard:

Snookie
8th January 2013, 18:18
Sounds like Agenda 21 to me, the dirty rotten A$$holes.