PDA

View Full Version : the 'harsh' Reality, nevertheless...

niki
12th January 2013, 21:30
I've seen a lot of 'spiritual' people here said that "nothing is impossible if we just simply Believe", or "our mind can even move mountaints", etc.

..as beautiful & (humanly) hopeful as those all may sound,.but the real reality example is: what about those hungry children in Africa, whom always asking for food & help almost everyday?.. as far as I know, there are still hungry, and the sad harsh truth/reality is: there is still NO food, and NO help available to them! they are still suffering, being hungry & poor,..no matter even how much thoughts/hope/wishful-thinking/Law-of-Attraction they did..

and even to the most mundane everyday thing, like earlier when my internet modem connection was in error, no matter how hard/much I wish/Law-of-Attraction for it (the internet/modem) to works again, it didn't!.. I have to physically still go FIX it by myself, can't just mere "wishful-thinking/hoping/thinking" about it only..

and aren't all those examples above shows more clearly that no matter how 'beautiful' or 'hopeful/wishful-thinking' we -human beings- often want to believe (especially during the harshest/most difficult times!), yet the fact still remains that we are still just a limited human beings, living in a limited physical world, in which NOT everything can simply become possible,..even if our 'tricky' mind wants to believe so?

9eagle9
12th January 2013, 22:08
The mind can move mountains. Unfortunately emotions don't. You've stumbled across a hot topic lately. The core of spirituality these days is 'think or problem solve' with your emotions.

You do that with your mind. The emotional body is not very rational, it doesn't think, it feels. That is why we 'fall in love' with people who are bad for us. And fall in love with concepts that are bad for us. Like the ones you brought up.

The mental body doesn't feel, it thinks. To love someone you use your emotional body. To think or problem solve one uses the mental body.

The new age programming that brought you 12-21-12 was all based on wishful thinking. It sounds good! It feels good! It must be true! It also brought you 'trying to problem solve with emotions.' This produces lazy minds and that is what the powers that be want. You lay around all day and love your broken internet and have no solution at the end of the day but you certainly didn't waste any effort.

Or you just get up and use your mind a little and have felt like you accomplished something. Another malaise of the world. In 'emotionalizing ' everything, nothing gets done, or changes and people have very little sense of accomplishment, triumph, victory or stuff that REALLY DOES FEEL GOOD.

You noticed loving your internet didn't work?

The law of attraction is based on poverty consciousness. Lack, want or need. Emotions. Then plop some more emotion on it. Hope wishing love, none of those are thought.

Those are emotions. Yes people can't tell the difference.

When we get out of our emotional body our mind suffices to create magick. magick is based on will (not thought or emotion) will is put to word or maybe thought if you can keep your emotions in place. And things fix themselves. Maybe not like in a miracle way.

Say my internet is down. I know I can't love away the problem. And maybe I don't have the mental power to start fiddling with wires. So I put will to word (not emotions, not thoughts).

then the next thing you know someone shows up to visit me and says, Oh look. Your internet is broke. Here let me fix that."

Same result, your internet is fixed. That is universal intervention. No it may not precisely happen that way. But as an example.

People who say things like that are not spiritual. There's another word for them but I can't say it. It's probably obvious though.

I've seen a lot of 'spiritual' people here said that "nothing is impossible if we just simply Believe", or "our mind can even move mountaints", etc.

..as beautiful & (humanly) hopeful as those all may sound,.but the real reality example is: what about those hungry children in Africa, whom always asking for food & help almost everyday?.. as far as I know, there are still hungry, and the sad harsh truth/reality is: there is still NO food, and NO help available to them! they are still suffering, being hungry & poor,..no matter even how much thoughts/hope/wishful-thinking/Law-of-Attraction they did..

and even to the most mundane everyday thing, like earlier when my internet modem connection was in error, no matter how hard/much I wish/Law-of-Attraction for it (the internet/modem) to works again, it didn't!.. I have to physically still go FIX it by myself, can't just mere "wishful-thinking/hoping/thinking" about it only..

and aren't all those examples above shows more clearly that no matter how 'beautiful' or 'hopeful/wishful-thinking' we -human beings- often want to believe (especially during the harshest/most difficult times!), yet the fact still remains that we are still just a limited human beings, living in a limited physical world, in which NOT everything can simply become possible,..even if our 'tricky' mind wants to believe so?

DeDukshyn
12th January 2013, 22:38
hi Niki,

I think 9Eagle9 covered a lot of it here.

What I want to add is the human mind is diseased. There is a mass undoing that needs to happen in the minds of men before much of what we want to believe can actually come to any fruition. It doesn't mean it is not impossible, it means the path is hidden. i have been able to manifest and bring about some interesting events in my life through just my mind. Often there is a very simple (non "magical") way this comes about, but it can still sometimes get you what you want -- just not in the way might think is cool (like manifesting something from thin air -- I've never seen anyone do something like that before -- not to say it can't happen). I won't get into what this disease is exactly and how it affects us, this will take time in learning, there are some books and texts that provide tools, but they are just tools.

First thing is this -- you cannot help anything or anyone but yourself. You can provide tools for others, but they have to use them, do they not?

With all the "sickness" of mind in the world today, what do you think would happen if we all had "magical" mind powers? (we actually all do , but that is outside this learning for now). The world would be a bigger hell than it is today. People cannot control their emotions. They do not even understand their true purpose and how to use them -- at all! Thus we have a world of "reactions"! Imagine instant "Magical mind" reactions!! It wouldn't work. It is for very good reason many human native abilities are suppressed, and this is not really a type quarantine, it is just something that was needed to maintain our existence -- which is important. Few can grasp the grandness of the human project (although it got way sabotaged, it is still unfolding in the right general direction in the largest scales).

All that aside ...

Here is the "easy" way to actualize some mind powers for the purpose of manifestation. Always remain as calm, aware and peaceful as you can in all situations, and allow for seemingly unconnected things to connect. The "universe" is always trying to honour you, but due to the human "condition", no one realizes this, for their judgements.

Let's say I get fired from my job, I get pissed off and on my way home I get into an accident with some asshole who cut me off. Great! What a perfect day! I direct my rage at the perpetrator of the accident and let him know exactly how I feel! He returns the favour and the cops show up just in time before I punch the other guy in the eye (lucky for him!).

Scenario 2: I get fired from my job, and I take it in stride. I have no clue what to do next but I calmly can realize the world is not ending, and everything will be ok. But I still get into the accident. I calmly approach the man who hit me and ask if he's hurt and we exchange pleasantries. While waiting for the police to arrive to assess the scene, I chat with the other driver casually and it comes out that he is looking for someone in his company to fulfill a role that I just got fired from, and it turns out he is offering more than I was making at the job I just got fired from.

Of course there is no math to this, no logic (in a sense -- it is a very high order logic), and it cannot be expected to always happen. For myself I had to get complete control over my own powerful emotions, for this to start happening. But I will tell you this is how my life now works. It is one "coincidence" after another that has no end in sight. I have to argue with people about how my life actually is now, because no one seems to believe me, lol, not my loss - that is for certain.

I see you want to be able to take giant steps. Me too. But I am OK with taking the baby steps that grow into larger ones. I have also noticed that these "coincidences" are most likely to occur when I am not expecting or trying to do something. If I don't have a "want" for something, the chances of it being true for me are 10fold.

"Want" -- an interesting term. In the only reality that exists -- the Present Moment -- a "Want" is a "feeling" that steps down from "Cannot have" ... really think about that, and rather than have "wants", consider the only dimension that is truly real is the present moment.

Sorry I don't have all your answers, but I hope to add some considerations for you ;)

My 2 cents ;)

I am going to add to one item 9eagle says, and that is, in my world, both emotion and mind are useful/needed in manifestation, and in fact naturally should go together, but due to our unhealthy relationship with emotions, it is tricky to understand this relationship properly. Other than that, I have to generally endorse her post. ;)

Addition: I bookmarked this a while ago, I haven't yet fully researched it, but I think this may be something that interests you in your endeavours. There are some interesting studies cited here that may interest you -- look for their studies and research. Their technique for world peace looks interesting, but as with everything in life, use considerations over beliefs.

http://www.globalcountry.org/wp/achieving-permanent-peace/

enfoldedblue
12th January 2013, 22:50
Hi Niki,

This is my response from the same question you posed in 'the energy is intense' thread. It's slightly different from the other perspectives presented here...so I thought I will throw it into the mix...the more perspectives...the richer the dialogue.

I don't know about the law of attraction. For me what I am experiencing has NOTHING to do with attracting money or material things, it has to do with knowing myself at deep levels, it has to do with being able to be real, it has to do with releasing years of external programming, and it has to do with learning to be able to break free from the prison of the mind. For me now it is when I am 'in my head' that I feel limited, linear, and able to be swayed by fear. When my mind feels connected to my heart I feel happy, powerful, connected to all, and I feel that in this heart space there is incredible potential...that I am just just beginning to understand.

For me it is not about lying on the sofa and having the dishes done, or about modem connections being magically fixed, it is about achieving an internal state where I feel connected, joyful and in the flow, no matter what exernal activity I am doing.

mosquito
13th January 2013, 02:42
Hi Niki, I have nothing to add really, but just wish to say how good is to to see you've had such considerate and helpful responses, what a blessing. :cool:

niki
14th January 2013, 19:22
thanks for the replies so far (hoping to see more though..) , especially @DeDukshyn , now I'm curious with your statement:
so,.. are you saying that we (humans) basically have our "magick" qualities (or techniques) currently mostly being suppressed in this physical/material (3D) reality/real-world?
but nevertheless, we can still use some very little portions of it, for example: that "Law of Attraction" and "Mind-Power" thing?.. although it's still somewhat 'mundane' when compared to the whole 'supernatural' abilities that's often spoken about in many channelings (like the whole "time-travel, teleport, even ability to manifest things out of mind, just like in some video-games or movies) ?

Please explain more in detail.
would like to know more.
thx.

niki
15th January 2013, 05:46
also, do you also think that our current modern *Science* still haven't known about all about these "magick" and 'super-human' qualities?
did Ancient people know much more about this than we today do?

DeDukshyn
15th January 2013, 20:18
Niki,

Yes, I think you are in the right direction with that. I can't say that mental teleportation is impossible, although I have never seen this or known anyone who can claim to do this; I also don't know the limits of what is capable. It is mostly the aforementioned disease in the human mind that causes the loss of "natural-ness". This disease is caused by an overemphasis on physical "things" and values, the "reality" of every culture on Earth. The disease is encoded into our culture, so that we are ensured to raise our children into the over-emphasis on physical reality. This disease is sometimes referred to as over-emphasis on "Ego" -- but by ego, I do not mean the common psychiatric term -- many people get confused with this and it delays understanding. Back to the "magical" stuff ..

Actually there is nothing "magical" about it. I only used that term because to some who are firmly planted in the physical ways only, might use such a word to describe that what is not fully understood, but in reality it isn't that hard to understand, and I am referring to things that are natural. It was a metaphor used to describe the contrast of difference in ways of thinking.

Let's examine some phenomenon that we already are aware of that may fall into this category of "magic" - although I think I'm going to stop using that term, like I said, its not magical, just natural. Let's take sharks. Most sharks have sixth sense - the can sense extremely subtle electromagnet fields, which is thought to aid in their hunting of prey. But due to this they also can tell where they are in relationship to anywhere they have already been -- they always know where in the ocean they are. If humans weren't aware that sharks have this sixth sense, it would appear that they had "super - shark" capabilities. Is it a miracle that a creature as simple as a Monarch butterfly can migrate thousands of miles from anywhere in North America to one spot in Mexico. Butterflies can't even fly in a straight line, yet they somehow make it to the same spot every year in one of the most fascinating migrations in the world. If one wasn't aware that sensitivity to the natural electrical energy of the earth is what lends to these animals abilities, it surely would seem "magical".

So do humans have some of these natural abilities? Our bodies are designed for it yes. Let's look at the tiny crystals that are formed in some of the glands of the human endocrine system. What does you body need to grow crystals for? Well there a likely numerous uses, but it is certainly known that crystals have the ability to pick up and in some cases amplify extremely high frequency waves or energy.

As a child (and I think I told you this story before long ago on another thread), I built what is called a "crystal radio" as an electronics project. A crystal radio has no power source -- it's power source is the energy waves it is receiving and amplifying! So here are two amazing qualities of quartz crystals that we aren't taught about in school for some reason -- the ability to receive high frequency energy waves (in the case of my radio -- "radio waves") and the ability to also use those waves as a source of energy and amplify it. Granted the radio was extremely quiet and I had to use an earpiece to hear anything - I could get Chinese stations.

To me it is more than clear that the endocrine system is hardware for so much more than just ridding toxins and making hormones and other chemicals, but that it also provides the hardware for high frequency energy receiving. This is likely what contributes to intuition, remote viewing, psychic abilities, sense of "knowing" -- all the "magical" type stuffs ;)

If it is also possible that our endocrine system can in turn act as a signaler / amplifier, then that in turn may provide insights into things like telekinesis, and other even more "magical" abilities. Although, again, nothing magical about this -- our bodies are designed for it, just as a bird's is designed to read subtle earth energy as well.

In response to your second post above, mainstream science is sort of catching on, and some more specialized science groups have been looking into this for a very long time. You would be surprised at how much these "magical" type things are studied in science. This area though is one that garners great interest for both the ones who wish for mankind to move forward and those who wish to hold us back for their own gain. This is why this type of study or even talk has become taboo in media, and in education circles.

My guess is that ancients form the last "Golden Age" learned how to over come their mental affliction (our perhaps before it came? "The Fall of Man" is a term used often to describe the onset of this "human condition"), and as a result were naturally much more in tune with subtle energies, and thus could use their body's hardware to have heightened senses to others, their surroundings, and even events in time.

Again, from my view, all this is as natural as salmon swimming up rivers over waterfalls to where it was born, as natural as bird flying South for winter.

My 2 cents ;)

another bob
15th January 2013, 20:50
If life was easy none of us would be here now. Life is not easy for the same reasons that being in prison is not easy. Prison is designed to keep inmates from coming back. This world is filled with lots of repeat offenders, and the universal justice system is fair. This might be a hard truth to swallow for many, influenced as we are by superficial emotional responses, but once one has had the opportunity to look behind the propaganda, it is obvious what's going on. Nobody gets out of here without cleaning up their mess, and that can take a long time, depending on how messy we've been, and knuckle-headed.

Moreover, what I've noticed about a lot of do-gooder types who are always going on about the starving children and so forth, is that they are using those fake emotions to avoid dealing with issues that are presenting in their own lives. It's so much easier to generate juice for someone else's dilemma, which is of course just a flip side of gossip. It's also why folks love reality shows on tv, it gives them a chance to guffaw at others' stupidity, and provides the assurance that, no matter how stupid I may be, there are others even stupider or less well-off, or whatever. That's why it's best to mind one's own business first. For example, how can you help others if you're still lost in your habitual daydreams and can barely feed yourself properly?

DeDukshyn
15th January 2013, 21:02
If life was easy none of us would be here now. Life is not easy for the same reasons that being in prison is not easy. Prison is designed to keep inmates from coming back. This world is filled with lots of repeat offenders, and the universal justice system is fair. This might be a hard truth to swallow for many, influenced as we are by superficial emotional responses, but once one has had the opportunity to look behind the propaganda, it is obvious what's going on. Nobody gets out of here without cleaning up their mess, and that can take a long time, depending on how messy we've been, and knuckle-headed.

Moreover, what I've noticed about a lot of do-gooder types who are always going on about the starving children and so forth, is that they are using those fake emotions to avoid dealing with issues that are presenting in their own lives. It's so much easier to generate juice for someone else's dilemma, which is of course just a flip side of gossip. It's also why folks love reality shows on tv, it gives them a chance to guffaw at others' stupidity, and provides the assurance that, no matter how stupid I may be, there are others even stupider or less well-off, or whatever. That's why it's best to mind one's own business first. For example, how can you help others if you're still lost in your habitual daydreams and can barely feed yourself properly?

Thanks for this addition AB, this is another very important point that I just barely touched on, (and not enough). When I referred to the disease of mind, it is this disease that causes human suffering and pain, and emphasizes the illusion of power of one human over another, therefore relieving ourselves of this disease is a main goal. But no one can do it for you and you cannot do it for anyone else. Therefore trying to access more natural abilities without addressing this issue of the mind will be mostly fruitless.

I just wanted to add that in the wake of Bob's view.

niki
19th January 2013, 08:19
But still, how powerful our 'Heart' , or 'Mental' , or 'Emotions'
can really PHYSICALLY affect Changes in our 'physical' real-world/Reality,
ie: stopping hunger? stopping TPTB's big, greedy plans?? and even to just feed our PHYSICAL stomach with our food, barely surviving in our current suppressing, torturing capitalist & Money/debt System??...

can a mere HEART/MENTAL/EMOTIONS/MIND really truly able to affect all these real changes?? ... or it's just simply our naive, ignorant wishful-thinking/fantasy only??..

(PS: at this point now, I need truthful, honest, and critical straight-forward answer,
not another "beautiful/hopeful" fantasy-ish yet baseless answer.
will be much appreciated. thanks.)

niki
23rd January 2013, 05:50
ie: stopping hunger? stopping TPTB's big, greedy plans?? and even to just feed our PHYSICAL stomach with our food, barely surviving in our current suppressing, torturing capitalist & Money/debt System??...

can a mere HEART/MENTAL/EMOTIONS/MIND really truly able to affect all these real changes?? ... or it's just simply our naive, ignorant wishful-thinking/fantasy only??..

(PS: at this point now, I need truthful, honest, and critical straight-forward answer,

no response at such an important, real 'practical' question?..

Freed Fox
23rd January 2013, 06:32
http://marc-arthur.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/self-immolation.png

This more clearly and powerfully illustrates the power of the mind and spirit over physical 'reality'.

We cannot hope to 'pray away' the world's problems, or will hunger out of existence. There are many things which point to a greater potential within each of us. The degree to which we can tap into that potential in this lifetime is debatable.

Martin Luther King Jr. did not end racial prejudice in the United States. But his heart, mind, and emotions served to change the perspectives of many, and a greater level of equality was ultimately achieved because of it.

9eagle9
23rd January 2013, 12:44
No. Not on their own. Emotions if they are CLEAR emotions and not based on neediness, can be the driving force behind the mental body that arrives at accomplishment.

Anyone who has ever accomplished something because they love doing it could attest to that. They would tell you that 'just' loving it produces no results but mental power has to be applied to.

Unfortunately most times what people perceive to be love is actually need.

Clear emotions are used behind the driving force of thought. People who are clear in their emotions automatically generate something called will. Will power a word that was killed by the new age movement because people thought it took effort. It takes effort to achieve a state of will, will on its own is effortless.

Conversely I could 'think' of a solution to world hunger but if it just remains a thought.

An abused woman will put enough emotional energy behind the thought of leaving to eventually change her circumstances. Anger can be converted to will, the new age movement which is mostly psychic ops put a big no no on anger.

Heart is will. Unfortunately the new age movement re-labeled it as love. Heart is will, courage and the core of the clear essence of one's self.

Emotions and thought have to be used together, not separately and certainly not replacing the other. That produces fake emotions. Everyday I have a dozen people sending fake love at me or fake forgiveness. It does nothing to or for me . It accomplishes nothing but making others look fake. This would be called -negative quality magic. So we have an example of it working in a very corrupted way. Now if one were to turn that around and direct it in the non ego way we'd have more manifesational ability on a collective level.

These are not things people can tell you. These are things you have to put some effort in to know on your own and how to do on your own to use for your own self first before splashing them out in solving the world's problems.

panopticon
23rd January 2013, 13:09
can a mere HEART/MENTAL/EMOTIONS/MIND really truly able to affect all these real changes??

When did "real change", for the collective, ever occur without these things as a precursor?

Your argument seems to be around some sort of instant gratification where the universe provides for your every need and whim. I don't get that at all.
I live a life of coincidences that always provide for me what I need most. I don't ask for anything in particular but always seem to have what I need, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time.

There's an old Daoist story I've told here before that I like:

A farmers horse ran away one night and joined the wild horses.
His neighbours gathered and said "what bad luck".
The farmer said "maybe".

The next night the horse returned and was accompanied by some of the wild horses.
His neighbours gathered and said "what good fortune".
The farmer said "maybe".

The farmers son tried to "break in" one of the wild horses, was thrown and the son broke his leg.
His neighbours came to commiserate with the farmer and said "what bad luck".
The farmer said "maybe".

The next day the army conscription officers came to take the young able bodied men and the farmers son was rejected because of his broken leg!
His neighbours gathered and said "what amazingly good fortune".
The farmer just said "maybe".

I rarely want for anything because I rarely get in the way.
I help people all the time and never ask for anything in return.

There again my life has always been described by others as "charmed".
I simply live it.

niki
24th January 2013, 03:44
@panopticon: I'm sorry, the old Daoist story that you've quoted above actually proves my point: that it might simply just a mere attitude change. that's all. Nothing special.

If I were to follow your 'philosophy' post above, then that's NOT "coincidences" or even "miracle", or let alone all these 'magical' NEW-AGE 'fantasy' theories/stories that seems to abound here on this forum!.. it's just like any ordinary day. and that "living-by-coincidences" or "miracle" thing is simply your own wishful-thinking, hoping that your life is perhaps more 'special', because of your change of attitude...It's not. your life is just like any other 90% "non-enlightened/spiritual" masses of people/human beings on this planet!

again, if I were to follow your philosophy, then I would say your philosophy is just like any mere ordinary simple advice: a change of attitude into a "maybe" (like the Daoist story) because nothing is ever certain in this Life,..nothing more, and nothing special!

niki
24th January 2013, 03:48
People here need to seriously differentiate between: a) just a simple mere ordinary 'motivational' or 'attitude change' advices (which doesn't help much to me personally. it's NOT what I came here & registered to this forum for),
AND b) the so-often prophesied/channeled/predicted NEW information (or "hidden Knowledges") such as: existence of higher Dimensions, E.T, and even the whole "2012" and "Ascension" thing (which unfortunately now I highly doubt them simply because NOTHING major happened on December 21 2012, so it's all just lies & excuses).

Anything other than those two points above is simply just another mere "excuse", or simply avoiding the discussion/critical-thinking.
Occam's razor at work.

panopticon
24th January 2013, 12:31
@panopticon: I'm sorry, the old Daoist story that you've quoted above actually proves my point: that it might simply just a mere attitude change. that's all. Nothing special.

If I were to follow your 'philosophy' post above, then that's NOT "coincidences" or even "miracle", or let alone all these 'magical' NEW-AGE 'fantasy' theories/stories that seems to abound here on this forum!.. it's just like any ordinary day. and that "living-by-coincidences" or "miracle" thing is simply your own wishful-thinking, hoping that your life is perhaps more 'special', because of your change of attitude...It's not. your life is just like any other 90% "non-enlightened/spiritual" masses of people/human beings on this planet!

again, if I were to follow your philosophy, then I would say your philosophy is just like any mere ordinary simple advice: a change of attitude into a "maybe" (like the Daoist story) because nothing is ever certain in this Life,.. nothing more, and nothing special!

G'day Niki,

Thanks for the response.

In relation to your statement:

your life is just like any other 90% "non-enlightened/spiritual" masses of people/human beings on this planet!
To this I would say that you are completely correct. Actually I would go so far as to say every other persons life. Don't know why you thought it was anything different...

When Suzuki Daisetz was asked what was it like to have satori, he said 'well, it's like ordinary, everyday experience, except about two inches off the ground.'
Source (http://deoxy.org/w_lectur.htm).

Suzuki wasn't being literal by the way. :lol:

I agree with your comment about attitudinal change.
I never said my life was special.
What I did say was that I allow things to happen as they do and don't worry to much about it when it does.

You've read into it your own meaning and that's fine.

I don't read any channelled information and don't believe in prophetic material. I'm not religious (at least the way it is defined by many people) and have no interest in the manufactured New Age movement.

I don't have any interest in convincing you of anything and probably agree with most of what you say. It is simply a different way of viewing the world that's all and I think it's great that you are challenging your own internal dialogue in the public arena.

Your motivations for joining this forum are your own and I respect that you are trying to come to some form of deeper understanding. I don't actually believe that there is one but your welcome to keep asking others about theirs.

As for my personal experiences. I chose the term coincidence because it best describes what happens. There was no deeper meaning behind it, no implied "divine inspiration", though others who are of that mind set have mentioned how jealous they are that I seem to get the breaks without trying. I just live in harmony with the world.

I had an ex-girlfriend who said that she thought I viewed the universe owed me favours, I responded that I didn't, I just let it do them for me. :nod:

I woke up a few mornings ago and a wild stag and deer were at my back door. They walked off when I went outside. I just looked outside the front door and a roo hopped past. The lake behind one of our cabins is full of wild ducks. My life is in harmony with the natural order of things and that is as it should be.

You always seem to be asking for evidence of this and evidence of that (never seem to respond when evidence is given but that's by the by) so here are a couple of examples from my life. Make of them what you will...

My home is a stone cabin in a forest. We chose this life because we don't particularly enjoy constant human company. That was our choice. When we decided to move we picked a property and a series of events occurred (that others described as amazing at the time) which assisted in our living here. We travelled near on 4000 kilometres to live here, sight unseen, and in the past decade or so have never regretted it once. Not to go into too much detail but the property was taken off the market by the real estate agent just after we looked at it on the internet. I phoned a random number in the area (turned out it was about 20 kms from where the property is) and it happened to be the bloke who owned the next door property (coincidence). He gave me the owners phone number and some much needed background on the property. I asked the owner how much he wanted and he agreed to a lower price because we didn't have the money to pay the price he wanted but the amount we had would keep him out of jail for back rates (coincidence). There was a tenant here who agreed to stay on for a couple of months while we got everything organised (nice). The day we arrived the tenant got work in Queensland and said "wow, what a coincidence." :)

My sister called and said that Mum (85 years old) needed to go into a full-time care facility for low level dementia. Next day my ute's engine blew and I was having difficulty getting the crank shaft bolt undone (still haven't). I phoned an old mate of mine who I hadn't spoken to in about 5 years for advice as he used to be a mechanic. Turned out he was now head of aged care in the area where she is (coincidence). Asked him about facilities and he got back to me the next day with a list of good facilities in my sisters area. She called the top one and a low care room had just become available (coincidence). My Mum is on a trial drug for dementia (don't know the name of it) and this facility is part of the drug trial area putting her at the top of the list (coincidence). She moved in a week later and loves the place.

I could go on with hundreds of stories like that about things that have happened but you probably wont believe me and that's alright.

Not everything that happens can be described as "good" but, as with the farmer in the Daoist story, I don't pay no mind to them and in the end they always seem to have happened for a reason that wasn't clear to begin with. Is that special? Nah, nothing special about that at all. Never said there was.

Again I would ask in relation to your question about:

HEART/MENTAL/EMOTIONS/MIND really truly able to affect all these real changes??'
When did "real change", for the collective, ever occur without these things as a precursor?

I also have no idea why you think that the universe would provide you with instant gratification.

I don't know much about the Law of Attraction. I've always viewed it as more a Law of Distraction (ie I don't have any interest in it) but whatever helps you sleep at night.

There again, as you said, its an attitudinal change.

Maybe it's because I don't view things as problems, I view them as solutions (as would any permaculturist worth their salt).
My dam silts up? Not a problem, means we've got a ready source of top soil just waiting to be collected.
Excess weeds in the garden beds? Not a problem, its a source of tucker for the chooks and ducks to fill themselves up on and give me good soil, eggs and fertiliser.
I really don't think about it a great deal, just sometimes people mention something and I say "OK, well yeah, that happened. So? No big deal right?" Often they just shake their head and call me a jammie bastard. What ever.

I don't view my life as particularly special, more significant than others, or fantastic in any way manner or form.
I simply live and live simply.
Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

Carolin
24th January 2013, 13:31
Dr David Hawkins who wrote "Power Vs Force" changed the way I look at the world and the people in it. "A naive person tries to change the world but wisdom teaches you to change yourself."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjfE3z528W8

778 neighbour of some guy
28th January 2013, 23:32

Some work will be involved Niki, there are a lot of people dedicating their time and energy in solving these problems, i say you are on the right track by asking these questions, the man in the below video has stopped asking questions and focussed his mind on solutions, there are many many many systems in all variations created every day that consume only the water the food needs to grow and as little as possible is wated, growing food up maximises space and takes advantage of every possible variable, just start your search and look for people how are looking at real 3 d solutions, there is hope here, you will find a lot of like minded people for sure, you are not alone, dont let it put you down, we have all been there sometimes, look for bright spots like the below videos, there is no food problem, there is a distribution problem, another problem is people here want to eat cheap( like everybody else), poor nations produce cheap and sell cheap, so nothing is left for themselves, a good way to make sure you do not take part in this proces grow your own food in you have the space and opportunity to do so, everything you grow and eat yourself does not have to exported to you, hence the people in the producing countries will have the opportunity to eat themselves, no buyer for their produce means they can eat it theirselves.

Lots more to say about this, but google around a bit, see how many great inventive cheap and efficient ways of farming there are, send someone in need or despair the videos, there is a good chance you will inspire the change you want to see in others.

l7o_5UKIKTo

Window farms

uHcbZ8Ee3BA

Something else you could look in to is biochar, or hugelkultur, vertical bag or container gardening, compost tea, see what you think of this and how this could be applied, the means and the will are defenitely here Niki, and if the solution is nobody is doing something about it, then the way to go is doing something about it yourself, are you willing to get involved, are you up for or ready for that?

Ed