PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment is the process of facing yourself

Wood
11th September 2010, 21:54
This quote is taken from a book about activation of the body energy centres that I was reading today. Is this an ambiguous disclaimer from an evil being or a way to push the reader to face and overcome his/her fears? Do evil spirits deflect karma by stating their intentions (in a deceptive way)?

Enlightenment is the process of facing yourself.

I am sure you will agree this puts the whole process of spiritual growth into a much different light. Enlightenment, awakening, or whatever you want to call it is not about growing or learning and becoming good little God children. It is not about fixing your broken wings or avoiding the evil temptations of some twisted dark soul. It is simply about overcoming your fear of judgement long enough to be able to look at your own dark shadow and then see past the darkness to the truth that underneath all that blackness and soot that you carry around with you, there is indeed an angel with wings.

Who might be that 'angel with wings' that we can find 'underneath all that blackness and soot' that we carry around with us (notice it doesn't say it is ours but that we carry it with us).

I have to say I really like the books by Michael Sharp that I have read so far. They show the big picture in an elegant, simple and funny way. However, I think he says the evil is just in us, that it is our deepest fears and darkest beliefs that we must face, and I suspect that might not be the whole story.

He mentions there are twelve paths to awakening. The god consciousness 'spawned' two other consciousness, equal to the first one but with narrower, more detailed perspective (good and evil? chaos and order?). These two spawned six each, with narrower, even more detailed views, and I think those twelve represent the twelve paths. The twelve is a very important number: it is in the number of hours in the day/night, it is the number of sides of a platonic solid, it is in the zodiac, used to count in dozens, etc. Michael Sharp says his path is just one of those twelve: the lightning path, related to scorpio, that I've found is related to the snake and to death, and knowledge and Lucifer I guess (and Crowley's Thelema). I know another path is related to lions, that I think is related to Jesus and Buddah as well. Which might be the other ten paths?

Michael Sharp says each path is represented by an ascended master. There have been many along history but there are twelve of them incarnated here now. Maybe the 'harvest' is just a process of selection of the right path for each soul incarnated here?

I really believe all of the paths go to source but approaching it from different sides. It is probably true that enlightenment is the process of facing ourselves, whatever we find there. But then, we have free will and we may change so we can resist evil temptations and ascend through other more positive path. To be fair Michael Sharp says that also: that we can switch paths at any point.

Are we being shown the paths that fit our true-selves the best (see this thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4688-2012-and-Dreams) for example)? Maybe there are, for any true-self, two paths, the positive and the negative, given all other characteristics are fixed? Or maybe there is a positive and a negative version of each of the twelve paths (thus the egyptians divided the day into twelve hours and the night in another twelve).

Please share your thoughts.

zenith
12th September 2010, 02:19
Hi Wood,

Found this recently, thought you might find it interesting ;

http://kundalini-teacher.com/guidance/shadow.php

http://kundalini-teacher.com/chakras/nondual.php

Peace

Wood
12th September 2010, 13:09
Thank you zenith, that helps clarifying one path IMO.

If we all are sparks of god with different perspectives to experience different thoughts what is the use to try to kill that perspective and return to the light & love & void? If we were meant to be one why have many in first place?
I can see how a god consciousness could be interested in experiencing all the thoughts that could be experienced, and to do so it could have 'spawned' biased consciousnesses. I am not judging here, I readily accept we all are one in the sense we all are sparks of god. However, I doubt that we have to kill our ego because that is what gives us a perspective, a unique way of looking and experiencing, a way of thinking so god can experience that as well. I accept 'evil' exists, as it is a huge subset of all that can be thought, and thus some sparks of god must be in the 'evil perspective'.
I am considering the possibility that we are children here, young consciousnesses, and that the ascension we are going through involves choosing a path to go. We have learned the options, now we have to commit to a path to advance. The other option is to keep running in circles in this school.
Another possibility is that we are consciousnesses changing our path, so we are going through a process (that spans many incarnations here) of 'resetting' our perspectives to be able to change them.

I can believe one path involves killing the consciousnesses in the only way possible: by injecting thoughts in them that lead to a state of everything and nothing, and passive contemplation of all that is. This is probably the closest we can be to what we understand as 'death', being immortal sparks of god.

I feel there are other paths though, and it is a matter of, yes, facing our current true-selves and changing them by removing inconsistencies that block the progress in the path we select.

Celine
12th September 2010, 13:36
I can believe one path involves killing the consciousnesses in the only way possible: by injecting thoughts in them that lead to a state of everything and nothing, and passive contemplation of all that is. This is probably the closest we can be to what we understand as 'death', being immortal sparks of god.

Quiet contemplation..is such a great tool.

The Red River , is a place Richard and i visit at least 6 times a year.

Though any river will do... The mighty St-lawrence... the active Mekinac...or a babbling brook..

The red river keeps bringing us back.

As my thoughts are pulled out of me, and lost on the currents...i feel myself..looking past myself..

Forgiveness comes easy then.

Wood
12th September 2010, 14:07
Quiet contemplation..is such a great tool.

The Red River , is a place Richard and i visit at least 6 times a year.

Though any river will do... The mighty St-lawrence... the active Mekinac...or a babbling brook..

The red river keeps bringing us back.

As my thoughts are pulled out of me, and lost on the currents...i feel myself..looking past myself..

Forgiveness comes easy then.

I know the feeling :) Death can be sweet. However, I suspect that one is not the only way to go, the only path forward.

zenith
12th September 2010, 15:00
I feel there are other paths though, and it is a matter of, yes, facing our current true-selves and changing them by removing inconsistencies that block the progress in the path we select.

I feel the faith required to reach our destination,
is more important than the path we choose to get there.

Peace

frank samuel
12th September 2010, 16:32
As I face myself in the mirror I realize I am far from perfect. My inequities although much more diminished than when I was naive young man they are still there to haunt me . I guess you can say that you should never let your guard down for too long. My growth and internal development has come by way of caring for others, my children, my family, my neighbors.

If I close my eyes today I will be happy to say that I am now trying my best everyday to lift the veil of the illusion of consumerism and the addiction of the got to haves and don't haves,the majority of my clothes are so old and have so many holes that my mother felt so sorry for me that she order me to please buy some new clothes, which today Sunday since I promise, I will do in a little while. Maybe I should have lived in Gandhi's time and walk along side of him with just a few humble garments of clothes.

Enlightenment for me simply means opening your heart of love to care for others as much as you care for yourself. I guess you could say that in doing so your heart becomes a reflection of the source.

Many many blessings to all.:wub:

Samarkis
12th September 2010, 17:08
Hello all!

I just wanted to remind ourselves.....when we teach others about enlightenment....it should be offered as you would offer refreshments to a guest........No one would force a guest to eat what they do not want........so too one should be careful to work on one's OWN improvement and SHARE with others. Not use your knowledge as a baton to show you are better than anyone else............or try to force anyone's growth faster than they are ready........the trick is to focus on ONE'S OWN growth.........

Namaste!

Wood
12th September 2010, 17:52
Hi Samarkis,

I think most of us are learning. Certainly I am. I have started this thread to ask for comments from others (in particular about the twelve paths to ascension) so we all could learn. I believe (intellectually and intuitively) that spiritual matters should (and probably must) be discussed openly, and that it might be the single most important thing we can be doing at the moment. Also I sincerely believe each path is equal to the others, as part of the divine consciousness. I just think we have to carefully select our own. Free will needs access to all the information, otherwise it is not free but 'externally guided' will. I think we have had enough of that.
Finally, in my opinion, people not interested or not prepared would not be here reading. However, time is here and now for most of us, I am afraid. Otherwise we'll just follow the default path to ascension imposed by the NWO.

To keep expanding on what I posted before, I strongly suspect we have twelve chakras, and that some awakening paths may involve the activation of them all following a procedure different than that of 'kundalini awakening' than only involves seven (read the Wingmakers PC interview, for example, to get hints about this). However I have no explicit information on this (I might very well be wrong) and I would like to get any feedback on the subject.

Peace.

Samarkis
13th September 2010, 01:35
Yes, agreed Wood...sharing is most welcome!

In regards to Chakras......there is a great deal to understand about them & I am no expert..........however, I am aware there are hundreds as they follow our nerve centers....acupuncturists would be very aware of this......there are different major groupings depending on what is being discussed......7 being the most usual & main ones....however there are many that are in the other dimensions (emotional & ethereal levels) of which 12 are discussed. There are many cultures that know of these and discuss & teach: Tibetans,Hindu's,buddhists especially......

I hope that clears up why there are different counts......

Namaste!

Hi Samarkis,

I think most of us are learning. Certainly I am. I have started this thread to ask for comments from others (in particular about the twelve paths to ascension) so we all could learn. I believe (intellectually and intuitively) that spiritual matters should (and probably must) be discussed openly, and that it might be the single most important thing we can be doing at the moment. Also I sincerely believe each path is equal to the others, as part of the divine consciousness. I just think we have to carefully select our own. Free will needs access to all the information, otherwise it is not free but 'externally guided' will. I think we have had enough of that.
Finally, in my opinion, people not interested or not prepared would not be here reading. However, time is here and now for most of us, I am afraid. Otherwise we'll just follow the default path to ascension imposed by the NWO.

To keep expanding on what I posted before, I strongly suspect we have twelve chakras, and that some awakening paths may involve the activation of them all following a procedure different than that of 'kundalini awakening' than only involves seven (read the Wingmakers PC interview, for example, to get hints about this). However I have no explicit information on this (I might very well be wrong) and I would like to get any feedback on the subject.

Peace.

sjkted
13th September 2010, 05:54
Hi Wood,

I don't buy into the concept of "enlightenment" any more. I think that the idea is that if you just become "enlightened" you will be done with your personal development and can levitate your body onto a cloud and just sit peacefully in mediation (or insert some other new age belief). I think that we have personal development and there is a level of awakening and awareness on each level. As one becomes more and more evolved, one turns towards STO (service to others), although I don't think the self-development stops. Many of us here on this forum feel at home here and very much out of resonance in the mainstream, although we still have a reason for being here. When one has gone so far as to be fully transitioned to STO and has reached a certain level, there would be no more resonance with this planet or this level of existance and the only option left would be to leave the body here and move up to another level. But, there are likely more levels above that and more levels above that.

Btw, I think it is normal for us to have all of our energy centers fully opened and balanced. It is all of the BS that we deal with on this planet from cradle to grave that makes them imbalanced and I am firmly of the belief that any spiritual leader who does not call this out on the system is part of the system.

--sjkted

zenith
13th September 2010, 06:56
Hi Wood,

The site I originally linked to also mentions Universal (shared) chakras;
the center of the Earth,
the center of the solar system (Sun),
the center of the Galaxy,
the center of the Universe.
the center of ?

Perhaps these are more guarded teachings within the 7 chakra systems.

Victoria Tintagel
15th November 2010, 00:43
Wood:

Hey friend Wood :) about the twelve chakras you mention in this post, there's an explanation of a 13 chakra-system, it's origin is in an old Egyptian civilisation, in the second volume of the "Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" by Drunvalo. Actually it's a 12 chakra system, the 13th being similar to the first, but further up the scale. I've send you this as an ebook, a while ago.

www.tsl.org This is the website of The Summit Lighthouse, with explanations on the Ascended Masters and their role, nature and symbols.
Maybe this is helpful to you, blessed be, Nomad Tint.

Victoria Tintagel
15th November 2010, 14:01
Ultimately, by shining our light on our own capacities to love and bring harmony to ourselves, each other and this planet, we will find our desired HOME.
How that's achieved is up to me and you, there's no manual and no rules. We will be able to create in wonderful ways, we are experienced as creators, we only have to awaken to ourselves :)
Old laws try to yell at us, to stay put and feel to small to jump into action. The stage is free now, although there's chaos and change all around us.
That's all dissolving illusion, making way for new forms of living, in respect for each other and in honor of our hearts, mind and body.

When we center in our hearts and nurture the silence that's in there, the place where our soul is, that's what will lead us to our goal.
Namaste and smile at your neighbour :) Dutchess Tint.

SkepticSoul
15th November 2010, 18:11
Hi Wood,

I don't buy into the concept of "enlightenment" any more. I think that the idea is that if you just become "enlightened" you will be done with your personal development and can levitate your body onto a cloud and just sit peacefully in mediation (or insert some other new age belief). I think that we have personal development and there is a level of awakening and awareness on each level. As one becomes more and more evolved, one turns towards STO (service to others), although I don't think the self-development stops. Many of us here on this forum feel at home here and very much out of resonance in the mainstream, although we still have a reason for being here. When one has gone so far as to be fully transitioned to STO and has reached a certain level, there would be no more resonance with this planet or this level of existance and the only option left would be to leave the body here and move up to another level. But, there are likely more levels above that and more levels above that.

Btw, I think it is normal for us to have all of our energy centers fully opened and balanced. It is all of the BS that we deal with on this planet from cradle to grave that makes them imbalanced and I am firmly of the belief that any spiritual leader who does not call this out on the system is part of the system.

--sjkted

what makes you think enlightenment equals flying out of body and/or meditate all the time?
meditating is a TECHNIQUE! BUT it's used as life-style by people...
enlightenment means gaining knowledge in ordre for your consciousness to grow.
why do you think when you 'go up a level' in density terms you 'lose' the experiences you had in whatever number of lives you had on this planet? when you are at 'that certain level' you talk about so that you don't have any resonance anymore with the experience as human, when you are at that level don't u experience both the higher level as the lower level at the same time? only your focus is shifted elsewhere at your choice.

sjkted
15th November 2010, 20:29
Enlightenment is the process sold to spiritual seekers as the celebrity concept is sold to those seeking fame and fortune. I'm not saying there is no personal growth or expanded consciousness -- just that I think the majority of people have a tremendous misconception of it.

Part of the sales job IMO is that you will "one day" reach enlightenment, kind of like an artist gets sold for a major record label and they are a "star" overnight. I don't believe in that as well as many of the other stories about "enlightenment".

I also don't believe in any of the going up or down a level in density. That is a sales job from the new age religion. This is coming from someone who has practiced yoga and meditation for over 10 years as well as remote viewing, astral travel, and a pretty long list of other systems studied and experienced.

I'm just saying, there's a good deal much that even higher consciousness people don't really know about the universe, as well as some snake oil salesmen, profiteers, and people who thrive on subverting humanity. Put this all together and you have BS -- just as much reality as there is in Hollywood.

--sjkted