PDA

View Full Version : The Spiritual Heritage of Humanity: Foreign Influences and the Simulacrum

Jeffrey
18th January 2013, 07:25
This topic engenders many different facets. Much of the information is scattered, yet it is all possibly related. The information contained herein are from a myriad of sources. The point of this is merely to observe the correlations between these different sources.

Creativity isn't about drawing conclusions, it's just about drawing. :)

There is some material contained within the following posts (not the first or second posts) that comes from controversial sources, begotten through controversial means. It is being considered only after much deliberation. A majority of it was encountered after independently arriving at similar hypotheses by means of analytical research, driven by a creative enterprise. That being said, don't believe a word of anything in this post. Please, question the sources and the correlative illations. Remember, this is merely a series of observations (and speculative correlations)!

Nullus en verba.

Part One: The Mind and The Subtle Structure of the Universe

The mind -- as above, so below. There are many subsystems between us and the entire grandeur of the cosmos. It's nested hierarchy of sorts, of which our existence is deep within the zoom. Each holon contains the potential to reflect the entire essence of the universe -- to discover this mirror within ourselves is to know.

It is possible that one common characteristic of things with a mind is that they have filamentary structures, or a web-like organization. It is a complex network that receives data and relays information throughout it's fibrous architecture. The brain is an example -- it is a physical manifestation of the concept of the mind.

The manner in which energy and matter are distributed in the universe is filamentary.

But scientists have taken this idea even further; they have made a virtual universe in a super computer. Here you can’t see individual galaxies nor galaxy clusters, what you can see are super clusters linked together in filaments. When we look at the entire universe, we can notice a filamentary pattern, a cosmic web containing galaxies and clusters of galaxies that light up the universe. On the largest of scales, the universe looks like a giant sponge. Each filament home to millions of super clusters ...

http://imxo.in.ua/storage/medias/2012/11/15/14/universe.jpg

Source: http://stardustinacosmicteacup.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/galaxies/

The physical mind of God if you will.

There is also a subtle, causal basis for the physical structure of this universal mind.

Here is a description from Carlos Castaneda.

For such sorcerers [of antiquity], the most significant act of sorcery is to see the essence of the universe […] They said that the essence of the universe resemble incandescent threads stretched into infinity in every conceivable direction, luminous filaments that are conscious of themselves in ways impossible for the human mind to comprehend.

[…]

The world of the sorcerers of ancient Mexico is different from ours, not in a shallow way, but different in the way in which the process of cognition is arranged. In our world our cognition requires the interpretation of sensory data. The universe is composed of an infinite number of energy fields that exist in the universe at large as luminous filaments. Those luminous filaments act on man as an organism. The response of the organism is to turn those energy fields into sensory data. Sensory data is then interpreted, and that interpretation becomes our cognitive system.

Source: http://www.federaljack.com/ebooks/Castenada/books/9.%20The%20Art%20Of%20Dreaming.pdf - http://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/donjuan12.html

Now, the earth most likely has a subtle, filamentary architecture as well. A webbed network of subtle energies that interpenetrate it's body and also permeate out into the atmosphere. This filamentary framework correlates to the notions of ley lines and dragon lines -- currents of Gaia's subtle energy.

Here is an excerpt from an article by Jay Alfred.

Native American peoples have referred to the network of currents on Earth as the "Spider Woman's Web". Francis Hitching described ley lines as "the radial threads on a spider's web." According to Tom Graves, the lines form the "focal points in a vast multilayered cobweb somewhat reminiscent of a micrograph of nerve cells and their ganglia" and are "the circulation and nervous system of the body of Earth." Some consider Earth as a living being; and like human beings the Earth has meridians (filaments) and chakras (vortexes). When the ley lines (or filaments) cross they "pinch", collapsing to form nodes with intense magnetic fields, which give rise to vortexes (or chakras) within our planet as charged super particles (such as qi, prana and kundalini) rush in using helical or spiral paths.

Source: http://www.dapla.org/meridian.htm

Throughout esoteric literature, there exists what can be called subtle bodies. It is a broad term that encompasses varying gradients of being, with characteristic delineations between certain states of existence. All of the data out there is based on the experiential evidence of others and is therefore subject to interpretation. Inner sciences follow similar methodologies as outward sciences.

The varying sources of information strongly correlate for the most part and it seems that the patterns of these subtle bodies reflect the microcosmic patterns above them (on a grand scale).

Together with the chakras, the nadis - variously translated as "conduits", "nerves", "veins", "vessels" or "arteries" - constitute the composition of the subtle or yogic body in Tantra. Like the Chinese meridians, the nadis constitute channels of flow of subtle vital force (prana).

Source: http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/nadis.html

The filamentary pathways of the subtle body interpenetrate the physical body and they also extend outside of it's boundaries. The outer filaments may send and receive finer qualities of information between the body and it's environment.

These subtle, filamentary structures are described by Carlos Castaneda as well.

Seers can see, for instance, the emanations inside any living creature and can tell which of the outside emanations would match them.

The emanations are something indescribable. My personal comment would be to say that they are like filaments of light. What's incomprehensible to normal awareness is that the filaments are aware. I can't tell you what that means, because I don't know what I am saying. All I can tell you with my personal comments is that the filaments are aware of themselves, alive and vibrating, that there are so many of them that numbers have no meaning and that each of them is an eternity in itself.

[...]

Seers make these statements because they see living creatures as they really are: luminous beings that look like bubbles of whitish light.

The emanations inside and the emanations outside are the same filaments of light. Sentient beings are minute bubbles made out of those filaments, microscopic points of light, attached to the infinite emanations.

Source: http://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/donjuan7.html

According to the yogic and tantric philosophies, there tens of thousands of nadis (some figures indicate hundreds of thousands) comprising this finer facet of the human system.

http://yogaparis.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/nadis001.jpg?w=490

Our physical body has a mind as well -- the filamentary tree of the peripheral nervous system and lower brain. This is a very mechanistic mind. The dendritic tree's of the neurons in the in higher functioning brain are filamentary and have a web-like dispersal.

The upper, cerebral regions of the brain function as the higher aspects of the physical mind.

The subtle, etheric mind of the earth may also have physical counterparts. If it does, then it is likely that there would be higher and lower functioning aspects to it.

The natural phenomena of lightning may be similar to the electric, discharging potentials that take place within our own neural networks.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5088/5293754451_06a32a1481_z.jpg

There is much more to lighting than thunder.

Upper-atmospheric lightning is far more interesting. It makes a good candidate for the lower, instinctual functioning processes of the earth's physical mind.

Upper-atmospheric lightning or upper-atmospheric discharge are terms sometimes used by researchers to refer to a family of short-lived electrical-breakdown phenomena that occur well above the altitudes of normal lightning and storm clouds. Upper-atmospheric lightning is believed to be electrically induced forms of optical fluorescence. The preferred usage is transient luminous event (TLE), because the various types of electrical-discharge phenomena in the upper atmosphere lack several characteristics of the more familiar tropospheric lightning.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper-atmospheric_lightning

http://ees.lanl.gov/news/images/08/08-07-08.jpg

Here is more information on the topic:

Cloud-to-Earth lightning bolts are a well-known natural electrical occurrence. Now scientists have discovered and photographed for the first time enormous, 90-kilometer-high (55-mile), luminous, electric discharges that deliver large quantities of current from thunderstorms to the edges of the Earth's atmosphere.

The flashes, described in a letter published in the current issue of the journal Nature, is believed to be a type of phenomenon known by atmospheric physicists as a "transient luminous event."

Though other transient luminous events, known as sprites and blue jets, have been the subject of intense study since the first was photographed accidentally about 14 years ago, nothing quite so large has been observed before.

[…]

The enormous jets may play an important role in the global electric circuit that surrounds the Earth, helping reduce the huge differences in charges that build up between the surface and the ionosphere, the part of the atmosphere 70 to 80 kilometers (44 to 50 miles) above the ground in which ionization of atmospheric gases affects the propagation of radio waves.

Scientists have known that the global electric circuit is powered by thunderstorms, two thousand of which rage across the Earth's surface at any given moment. These storms act as a generator, driving electric charge upwards, said co-author of the letter, atmospheric physicist Han-Tzong Su, of the National Cheng Kung University in Tainan, Taiwan.

The electric current travels through the ionosphere and back towards the Earth's surface through regions of fair weather, slowly and continuously discharging through the weakly conducting atmosphere. The circuit is completed when the current travels through the Earth back to regions with thunderstorms, said Su.

[…]

They observed five jets spreading outwards and upwards from the thundercloud. Three were tree-shaped and two were carrot-shaped, said Su (see images).

Su and his team have named these events "gigantic jets." The jets covered 40 kilometers (25 miles) at their widest point, and are estimated to have a volume of 30,000 cubic kilometers (about 7,200 cubic miles). "That's equivalent to ten billion Olympic-size swimming pools," said Su. Despite their scale, each of the jets had come and gone within less than half a second.

This new observation provides compelling evidence that transient luminous events can work against the battery-charging effects of thunderstorms, and offload some of the charge from the ionosphere, said Su. It's the first time that luminous events spanning the entire distance from the cloud top—around 16 kilometers (10 miles) up—to the ionosphere have been recorded, he said.

Source: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/06/0625_030625_atmospherethunder.html

Now, if these types of discharges effectively function like neuronal discharges then there would certainly be an electromagnetic aspect to them as well.

This is where the Schumann Resonance(s) comes into effect.

The Schumann resonances (SR) are a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.

[…]

Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide. The limited dimensions of the Earth cause this waveguide to act as a resonant cavity for electromagnetic waves in the ELF band. The cavity is naturally excited by electric currents in lightning. Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum beginning at 3  Hz and extend to 60 Hz, and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 (fundamental), 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.

[…]

Observations of Schumann resonances have been used to track global lightning activity […] Effects on Schumann resonances have been reported following geomagnetic and ionospheric disturbances. More recently, discrete Schumann resonance excitations have been linked to transient luminous events – sprites, elves, jets, and other upper-atmospheric lightning. A new field of interest using Schumann resonances is related to short-term earthquake prediction.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

These phenomena could be part of the physical, basal processes of Gaia's brain.

[Side note: See also, information about the relationship between electromagnetism and the brain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_theories_of_consciousness]

As previously mentioned, there seems to be a finer quality of energy which serves as a template for physical constructions.

Biological organisms prominently develop according to the energetic pattern of of their precursory, subtle architectures. As an auxiliary to the discussion, here is a brief (and fascinating) video of Rupert Sheldrake summarizing morphogenetic forms.

JpH3QunKYzQ

These subtle architectures are likely influenced by the environment of mind in which they arise -- the subtle mind of the planet that develops them.

These forms provide a morphological framework for the chemical building blocks of biological life.

Again, the subtle form is influenced by the form of mind it developed in.

H.P. Blavatsky discusses this from an esoteric perspective. Notice the concepts and the terminology used.

This will be pooh-poohed, because it will not be understood by our modern men of science; but every occultist and theosophist will easily realize the process. There can be no objective form on Earth (nor in the Universe either), without its astral prototype being first formed in Space. From Phidias down to the humblest workman in the ceramic art — a sculptor has had to create first of all a model in his mind, then sketch it in one and two dimensional lines, and then only can he reproduce it in a three dimensional or objective figure. And if human mind is a living demonstration of such successive stages in the process of evolution — how can it be otherwise when Nature’s Mind and creative powers are concerned?

Consider, the higher functioning aspects of Gaia's mind could correlate with the higher functioning "cells" of consciousness -- microcosmic units of mind.

This is being considered from the perspective of morphogenetic forms that develop in the womb of the planet.

These forms would be like spiritual units -- independent holons that share a connection to the mind of Gaia in the same way that a child shares a link with it's Mother.

They are of Her.

These entities would be self-aware, but they would also have a sense of perception beyond themselves.

They would be independent and sovereign. At the same time, they would be fully aware of their communal identity with each other and the planet. It is in this way that they are connected -- through a direct knowledge, an innate understanding, an awareness of responsibility, and an inborn fidelity to the harmony of the Earth.

The individualized epitome of the mind of Gaia.

According to Mirra Alfassa, this true form of humans exists in the subtle plane.

Well, one time I was there (Theon used to warn against going beyond this domain, because he said you wouldn’t come back), but there I was, wanting to pass over to the other side, when – in a quite unexpected and astounding way – I found myself in the presence of the ‘principle,’ a principle of the human form. It didn’t resemble man as we are used to seeing him, but it was an upright form, standing just on the border between the world of forms and the Formless, like a kind of standard. At that time nobody had ever spoken to me about it and Madame Theon had never seen it – no one had ever seen or said anything. But I felt I was on the verge of discovering a secret.

Afterwards, when I met Sri Aurobindo and talked to him about it, he told me, ‘It is surely the prototype of the supramental form.’ I saw it several times again, later on, and this proved to be true.

[...]

And all those who have had a direct contact with the past, had the memory of a kind of human prototype -- far superior to the present humanity -- who came on earth as an example and a promise of what humanity will be like when it reaches its acme.

Source: http://mother-agenda.narod.ru/Agenda_2/1961-11-07.htm

This could be the intended subtle prototype for the physical human.

Furthermore, it is interesting that Carlos Castandena (and indirectly, Don Juan Matus) describe the "mold of man" as well.

The following excerpts are from the book, Fire from Within, by Carlos Castandena.

"What's the mold of man?" I asked.

"I've helped you see it many times," he replied. "You know what I'm talking about."

I refrained from saying that I did not know what he was talking about. If he said that I had seen the mold of man, I must have done that, although I did not have the foggiest idea what it was like.

He knew what was going through my mind. He gave me a knowing smile and slowly shook his head from side to side.

"The mold of man is a huge cluster of emanations in the great band of organic life," he said. "It is called the mold of man because the cluster appears only inside the cocoon of man."

"The mold of man is the portion of the Eagle's emanations that seers can see directly without any danger to themselves."

[...]

He gave me a detailed explanation of what the mold of man was. He did not talk about it in terms of the Eagle's emanations, but in terms of a pattern of energy that serves to stamp the qualities of humanness on an amorphous blob of biological matter. At least, I understood it that way, especially after he further described the mold of man using a mechanical analogy. He said that it was like a gigantic die that stamps out human beings endlessly as if they were coming to it on a mass-production conveyor belt. He vividly mimed the process by bringing the palms of his hands together with great force, as if the die molded a human being each time its two halves were clapped.

He also said that every species has a mold of its own, and every individual of every species molded by the process shows characteristics particular to its own kind.

He began then an extremely disturbing elucidation about the mold of man. He said that the old seers as well as the mystics of our world have one thing in common, they have been able to see the mold of man but not understand what it is. Mystics, throughout the centuries, have given us moving accounts of their experiences. But these accounts, however beautiful, are flawed by the gross and despairing mistake of believing the mold of man to be an omnipotent, omniscient creator; and so is the interpretation of the old seers, who called the mold of man a friendly spirit, a protector of man.

He said that the new seers are the only ones who have the sobriety to see the mold of man and understand what it is. What they have come to realize is that the mold of man is not a creator, but the pattern of every human attribute we can think of and some we cannot even conceive. The mold is our God because we are what it stamps us with and not because it has created us from nothing and made us in its image and likeness. Don Juan said that in his opinion to fall on our knees in the presence of the mold of man reeks of arrogance and human self-centeredness.

They have seen, therefore, that what we call God is a static prototype of humanness without any power. For the mold of man cannot under any circumstances help us by intervening in our behalf, or punish our wrongdoings, or reward us in any way. We are simply the product of its stamp; we are its impression. The mold of man is exactly what its name tells us it is, a pattern, a form, a cast that groups together a particular bunch of fiberlike elements, which we call man.

What he had said put me in a state of great distress. But he seemed unconcerned with my genuine turmoil. He kept on needling me with what he called the unforgivable crime of the chance seers, which makes us focus our irreplaceable energy on something that has no power whatsoever to do anything. The more he talked, the greater my annoyance. When I became so annoyed that I was about to shout at him, he had me change into yet a deeper state of heightened awareness. He hit me on my right side, between my hipbone and my rib cage. That blow sent me soaring into a radiant light, into a diaphanous source of the most peaceful and exquisite beatitude. That light was a haven, an oasis in the blackness around me.

From my subjective point of view, I saw that light for an immeasurable length of time. The splendor of the sight was beyond anything I can say, and yet I could not figure out what it was that made it so beautiful. Then the idea came to me that its beauty grew out of a sense of harmony, a sense of peace and rest, of having arrived, of being safe at long last. I felt myself inhaling and exhaling in quietude and relief. What a gorgeous sense of plenitude! I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that I had come face to face with God, the source of everything. And I knew that God loved me. God was love and forgiveness. The light bathed me, and I felt clean, delivered. I wept uncontrollably, mainly for myself. The sight of that resplendent light made me feel unworthy, villainous.

Suddenly, I heard don Juan's voice in my ear. He said that I had to go beyond the mold, that the mold was merely a stage, a stopover that brought temporary peace and serenity to those who journey into the unknown, but that it was sterile, static. It was at the same time a flat reflected image in a mirror and the mirror itself. And the image was man's image.

I passionately resented what don Juan was saying; I rebelled against his blasphemous, sacrilegious words. I wanted to tell him off, but I could not break the binding power of my seeing. I was caught in it. Don Juan seemed to know exactly how I felt and what I wanted to tell him.

"You can't tell the nagual off," he said in my ear. "It is the nagual who's enabling you to see. It is the nagual's technique, the nagual's power. The nagual is the guide."

It was at that point that I realized something about the voice in my ear. It was not don Juan's, although it sounded very much like his voice. Also, the voice was right. The instigator of that seeing was the nagual Juan Matus. It was his technique and his power that was making me see God. He said it was not God, but the mold of man; I knew that he was right. Yet I could not admit that, not out of annoyance or stubbornness, but simply out of a sense of ultimate loyalty to and love for the divinity that was in front of me.

As I gazed into the light with all the passion I was capable of, the light seemed to condense and I saw a man. A shiny man that exuded charisma, love, understanding, sincerity, truth. A man that was the sum total of all that is good.

The fervor I felt on seeing that man was well beyond anything I had ever felt in my life. I did fall on my knees. I wanted to worship God personified, but don Juan intervened and whacked me on my left upper chest, close to my clavicle, and I lost sight of God.

Source: http://aquakeys.com/toltec/book/export/html/352

[Side note: If Castandena were a woman then the mold would've been perceived as a feminine-natured luminous being. Castandena details this the link to the material.]

Now, it is logically apparent that the majority of humanity at this time doesn't reflect the characteristics of it's intended form. Part of this fact is demonstrated it's inharmonious "relationship" with Gaia.

Harmony becomes disturbed when something knocks it off balance -- when something interferes.

[Also, within the context of this post, the terms -- lower and higher mind -- isn't meant to insinuate ignorance or corruption of the lower aspects. They function as one, but there are gradients to how they operate within the holoarchy. Again, this is within the context of this post in particular.]

... continued in part two (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?54493-The-Spiritual-Heritage-of-Humanity-Foreign-Influences-and-the-Simulacrum&p=618712&viewfull=1#post618712) ...

lookbeyond
18th January 2013, 07:35
Wow Vivek! this will keep me going for the weekend

lov lb

PurpleLama
18th January 2013, 13:53
Good Lord, vivek, when are you gonna learn to boil it down?

You're a boon to this forum, many are benefiting from your research.

In regards to your op, I posted this this morning, and it seems to relate, to me, at least.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?54496-An-Old-Post-By-Our-Bill-Ryan.&p=618562&viewfull=1#post618562

ulli
18th January 2013, 15:23
Here is the universe, as seen in the model above.

http://imxo.in.ua/storage/medias/2012/11/15/14/universe.jpg

and here is the neurons of a mouse's brain:

http://mayapanika.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mousebrain1.jpg

which goes to show that all along we existed inside the head of a giant mouse.

see PurpleLama, it all can be boiled down, after all.

Jeffrey
18th January 2013, 17:49
The first portion of this post may seem redundant to many here. Nonetheless, it is has been included.

Part Two: Extraterrestrials and Exotic Forms of Life

The visible universe is at least between 100-150 billion light years in diameter -- that is unfathomably huge.

This fascinating video goes into more detail (non-technical) about this, and illustrates an aspect of this section quite nicely.

fgg2tpUVbXQ

The Milky Way Galaxy is gigantic too. It has an astounding number of stars and planets.

From Wikipedia:

The Milky Way is a barred spiral galaxy 100,000–120,000 light-years in diameter containing 200–400 billion stars. It may contain at least as many planets.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way

That is simply incredible, billions of planets! That's just in our galaxy. The cosmos is much, much bigger. Seriously, the video above really drives home the point.

For someone to think that there's no other life out there makes one think that someone isn't thinking.

:p

Scientists have attempted to deduce equations that demonstrate the mathematical probability (it's all about the numbers for them) of life existing elsewhere in the galaxy. Probably the most famous is the Drake Equation.

The Drake equation is a mathematical equation used to estimate the number of detectable extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy. It is used in the field of the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence (SETI). The equation was devised in 1961 by Frank Drake while at the National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

The actual equation, and a description of it's variables, can be found in the link. The values assigned to these variables are largely based on speculation.

Criticism of the Drake equation follows mostly from the observation that several terms in the equation are largely or entirely based on conjecture. Thus the equation cannot be used to draw firm conclusions of any kind. As Michael Crichton, a science fiction author, stated in a 2003 lecture at Caltech:

The problem, of course, is that none of the terms can be known, and most cannot even be estimated. The only way to work the equation is to fill in with guesses. [...] As a result, the Drake equation can have any value from "billions and billions" to zero. An expression that can mean anything means nothing. Speaking precisely, the Drake equation is literally meaningless...

Another objection is that the very form of the Drake equation assumes that civilizations arise and then die out within their original solar systems. If interstellar colonization is possible, then this assumption is invalid, and the equations of population dynamics would apply instead.

One reply to such criticisms is that even though the Drake equation currently involves speculation about unmeasured parameters, it was not meant to be science, but intended as a way to stimulate dialogue on these topics. Then the focus becomes how to proceed experimentally.

So, the Drake equation appears to be a good effort guess, but the equation itself may be more or less artbitrary.

An emerging factor that could have a major affect on this probability is the fact that science is continually discovering life in places they thought it couldn't exist. One example is extremophiles.

These discoveries point to the possibility that life may develop on planets with an environment that is markedly different from our own -- thereby loosening the constrains of the habitable zone.

There is yet another feature largely unconsidered by mainstream science and that is the possibility that life may not even need a planet to develop on.

Of all the matter in the universe, around 99% of it is in a plasma-state.

Plasma, which is rare in our close environment, is the dominating state in the universe as a whole. The Sun and stars as well as the diffuse matter between them and between the galaxies are all in this state, despite their great difference in density and temperature. The only exceptions are the cold celestial bodies such as the Earth and other planets, the satellites, asteroids, comets, meteoroids, and dust grains, all of which account for an extremely small fraction of the know matter in the universe. Furthermore, all the cosmical plasma is magnetized. From the nearest cosmical plasma—the Earth's ionosphere—out to the most distant intergalactic regions all cosmical plasma are penetrated by magnetic fields that influence their physical properties in various, often dramatic, ways.

Source: http://plasmauniverse.info/mag_fields.html

Not only that, but there is also water along with organic molecules (carbon-based) and inorganic matter in space (i.e. interstellar dust, or star-stuff).

Here are a few interesting articles to sift through.

Are we looking for aliens in the wrong places? (http://science.howstuffworks.com/weird-life.htm)

The Hidden Universe and Astrochemistry: How water, organic molecules and crystals - among other molecules - form in space (http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=26783#TopOfPage)

Physicists Discover Inorganic Dust with Lifelike Qualities (http://www.astrobio.net/pressrelease/2434/it-might-be-life-jim)

From plasma crystals and helical structures towards inorganic living matter (http://iopscience.iop.org/1367-2630/9/8/263/fulltext/)

One characteristic of biological life on earth is that it is driven by the interactions of complex systems. These are called complex adaptive systems.

5fkQwJZirqk

The aforementioned ingredients in space probably interact in some meaningful way -- with some degree of liveliness, like complex adaptive systems.

Now couple this with the fact that many of these materials are participating in these adaptive-like processes within an electromagnetic climate. Plasmas in space are imbedded in magnetic fields and have electromagnetic characteristics.

For plasmas immersed in strong magnetic fields, electric currents tend to flow along the magnetic field lines, which act like wires guiding the current. The field-aligned current creates its own magnetic field, and, when added to the original magnetic field, results in a twisted or helical magnetic field.

Source: http://www.spacedaily.com/news/plasma-99a.html

Now, there are these ingredients for life in space that undergo adaptive processes.

Complex, interacting systems in the presence of electromagnetic fields. This is were it gets even more interesting. This is were electromagnetic theories of consciousness come into play.

Several theorists have proposed that consciousness can be understood as an electromagnetic phenomenon. Their theories differ in how they relate consciousness to electromagnetism. For example, electromagnetic field theories (or "EM field theories") of consciousness propose that consciousness results when a brain produces an electromagnetic field with features that meet certain criteria; Susan Pockett and Johnjoe McFadden have proposed EM field theories; William Uttal has criticized McFadden's and other field theories, but without denying that consciousness could be an electromagnetic phenomenon.

[...]

The conscious electromagnetic information field is, at present, still a theory. But if true, there are many fascinating implications for the concept of free will, the nature of creativity or spirituality, consciousness in animals and even the significance of life and death.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_theories_of_consciousness - http://www.unisci.com/stories/20022/0516026.htm

Therein exists the potential for at least one ingredient of consciousness -- electromagnetic fields. At the very least, they are related in some way.

Neurons in the brain stream out in a filamentary fashion -- like branches on a tree. Tiny electric currents discharge throughout this neuronal forest.

NL9WDB5Owcg

Similarly, plasmas also discharge and they contain filamentary electric currents.

The most basic difference between ionized and nonionized matter is the ability to carry electric current. This ability is also the reason why virtually all the matter in the universe is—and presumably has always been—magnetized. The presence of the magnetic field has important dynamical consequences since the magnetic force can locally be much greater than the gravitational force.

The ability of carrying current, which is the basis for the magnetization, is a property that is still not well known in the case of cosmical plasma. It can be different by many powers of ten from what classical theories predict.

In laboratory and space plasma electric currents tend to cause filamentation. Filamentary structures are also abundant in the cosmical plasma and make homogeneous models of astrophysical plasma very dubious. Correspondingly, homogeneous models are likely to be misleading when applied to large-scale astrophysical processes.

One of the notable characteristics of space plasma, revealed by satellites and space probes, is its tendency to form sharp boundaries between plasmas with different properties. This tendency towards "cellular structure" can have profound astrophysical implications such as generating electric fields in space and providing sources of energy for driving electric currents over very large distances.

Source: http://plasmauniverse.info/mag_fields.html

If certain exotic forms of life are indeed plasmic, this phenomena of filamentary currents and discharge could function as their faculty of mind.

http://theotherpages.org/images/image120.jpg

There could be smaller self contained fields of plasma that are not only conscious, but cognizant to a degree. These would be like little plasmic units. This is a hypothetical basis for life developing in space, without a planet to call home.

In the same vein, matter might not even have to be present at all.

Some of these "entities" could just be a field of energy -- no matter necessary. Their electromagnetic bubbles could warp the space inside in such a way that fixes or increases the potential for the filamentary currents therein to follow certain routes. Therefore, their "mind" assumes a certain pattern and defines and acts with a certain modus operandi of sorts.

matter though, but in it's fourth state). Lastly, the least dense beings would be made up of a field (having do to with some subtle aspect of electromagnetism) that affects, and is held together by, the very geometry of the space it is in. The last ones relate to ether.

Earth, air, fire, ether, and there is also water (not discussed here). These are known as the "Five Great Elements."]

My father is a huge science-fiction buff. Naturally, I have discussed some of these ideas with him. The following notions were born out of those conversations.

It is well known that there is a resonant frequency that the earth produces. This is known as the Shumann Resonance (see first post).

There is also evidence that the very building blocks of biological life on earth, DNA, has a strong connection to this resonance (and ELF fields in general, along with light (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53625-The-Psyche-Metaphors-of-Meaning&p=612007&viewfull=1#post612007)). Most notably, the work of Luc Montagnier was one of the first to demonstrate this link.

Here is a video about the basics of what is scientifically being explored regarding this phenomena.

FvSOR0hvHrk

DNA may act as a fractal antenna that picks up this underlying resonant field that the earth produces. Below are some exerpts from a research paper that was published in the International Journal of Radiation Biology.

EMF interactions with DNA are similar over a range of non-ionising frequencies, i.e., extremely low frequency (ELF) and radio frequency (RF) ranges. There are similar effects in the ionising range, but the reactions are more complex.

[...]

The wide frequency range of interaction with EMF is the functional characteristic of a fractal antenna, and DNA appears to possess the two structural characteristics of fractal antennas, electronic conduction and self symmetry. These properties contribute to greater reactivity of DNA with EMF in the environment.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21457072

The Schumann Resonance is in the ELF (extremely low frequency) range. The DNA is delicate enough to tune into this frequency. In turn, the DNA may transmute the signal and project it into a field containing a typical pattern in which the organism develops.

Chromosomes could act like antennae, with electrons traveling gene circuits to produce species-specific wavelengths.

[...]

Different species have different lengths of DNA [...] these lengths probably determine frequency.

[...]

Widom is especially curious about whether cells in higher life forms might also use electromagnetic signaling, perhaps in coordinating DNA code with protein-making cellular machinery. But as a theoretical physicist, he doesn’t plan to investigate the phenomenon himself. That’s for other researchers to do, Widom said.

“We’re just saying that this gets you to the right frequencies,” he said. “We’re right at the very beginning.”

Source: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/04/bacterial-radio/

There are two nuclear DNA molecules within each cell of the body (except red blood cells). It has been estimated that there are trillions of cells in the body. That's a lot of DNA (there is over one hundred times more mitochondrial DNA in the body than nuclear DNA).

The aforementioned information could provide a basis to back up the esoteric notion of the "etheric double." Robert Monroe said that this specific double could not venture far from the physical body. This makes sense considering it is the bio-informatic field of the body.

The so-called etheric double is an energy body which is more or less "hard-wired" into the physical. Although it does dissociate from the physical body during sleep, it cannot travel more than a short distance away from it. It has only a rudimentary awareness, corresponding in some respects to the Kabbalistic concept of the nefesh, or "animal soul." The Theosophists describe it thus:

The etheric double...[is] the exact duplicate of the visible body, particle for particle, and the medium through which play all the electrical and vital currents on which the activity of the body depends.

Those familiar with computers might regard the etheric double as a kind of "DOS" -- the Data Operating System which activates the physical body. Robert Monroe describes his own etheric double this way:

One of the earliest discoveries ... was that I had more than one nonphysical body ... My physical body appeared to be not one, but two -- much as when your vision is slightly impaired by astigmatism ... I began to take particular notice of physical reentry and found that I did indeed reenter a second form just prior to the physical body ... I could stay in the second body, hovering near the physical, but could move no more than ten or fifteen feet away.

Since consciousness cannot function very well in the etheric double, it holds comparatively little interest for us in this discussion ...

Source: http://clcpress.com/dekorne/Chapter%20V.htm

This particular facet is probably what is being photographed in what is known as Kirlian Photography (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography).

http://greatadonia.com/index_files/image29081.jpg

Now, this is only the result of physical DNA creating a distinct field around the body, it is very local (see also: Rupert Sheldrake video in first post).

Now, consider physical life developing on another planet. There could be sentient, intelligent beings there that have developed physical forms based on the specific resonant frequency of their planet. Maybe this resonance is different from the earth's, and maybe it is similar.

Other planets may have similar electrical conductivity geometry, so it is speculated that they should possess similar resonant behavior [...] electrical excitation of electromagnetic waves in the ELF range. Within the Solar System there are five candidates for Schumann resonance detection besides the Earth: Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and its moon Titan.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

Consider, an alien civilization (physical) developed technology that allowed them to travel into space. Traveling too far could be hazardous considering that their DNA would be attuned to the signal of their native planet. Out in space, that signal drops off. Their genomic antennae would be picking up a myriad of signals propagating in the background of space. Venturing a long way would put them out of range from their native, bio-informatic signal. This would likely cause adverse, detrimental health effects.

If the were innovative and ambitious enough, they would be able to find a way to solve this problem.

Their methods for getting around the hazardous health issues involved with interstellar travel probably reflect their intentions.

Basically, there are two reasons an advanced civilization would travel into space and leave their planet.

They recognize and understand their relationship with their own planet. They seek to satiate their own cosmic curiosity, their impetus is now based on the pursuit of knowledge. They have developed naturally and they are benevolent. Also, having developed naturally, they have an autogenous spirit which projects a true soul.* They become their own beacon, their own source field of energy. Therefore, their health wouldn't be determined by any base signal from their home planet. They may have even outgrown their physical bodies -- they are clothed only by the natural fields that are projected by their essence.

They have developed unnaturally (there intended nature has been interfered with, discussed in the next post). They have neglected the relationship with their planet, raped it's resources, and populously outgrown it like a tumor. Consequentially, their planet may be dying/dead and so they must now seek new homes to colonize -- they burst forth from their host planet like virally induced cytolysis (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cytolysis.htm). They may have physically degenerated and spiritually devolved. Yet, they have retained their technology and their intelligence (possibly through technology). They could run a specific current through certain crystals causing them to oscillate in a certain manner; thereby broadcasting the same signal as their planet would have. These crystals could be installed on their ships. They could also be experimenting with genetic manipulation and techno-biological interfaces. Maybe they seek to obtain specific hormones/bodily fluids (produced in a lab or procured from other organisms) in order to try and fix their degenerative status. They act expediently.

Scenario number two poses an interesting obstacle for these hypothetical, vitality-deficient aliens. If they found a suitable planet, they would need to be able to match themselves with it. They could approach this problem from both sides. Altering their own genetics using the existing species on the newfound planet, and altering the frequency of the planet.

The latter process would be similar to the technique of terraforming, but it would have to do with the energy of the planet (not necessarily anything more material than that.)

Using geomancy, these extraterrestrials would set out to manipulate the energy centers of the planet (see first post about ley lines and the earth's meridian/chakra system). There maneuvers would be calculated and methodical.

They would set of fields of antennae (artificial technology is their forte) in certain locations, and a grid of towers to propagate a signal that resembles more closely that of their native planet.

This all sounds eerily similar to HAARP and the grid of cell towers located around our own planet, but that is just the inner conspiracy theorist talking.

[Side note: Entities wouldn't necessarily have to be physical to instigate strategies of this kind. Non-physical entities may pursue similar objectives in order to make certain domains more agreeable with their nature.]

Anyways, hopefully some of this got the gears turning! These are only ideas.

... continued in part three ...

* Here are a few relevant excerpts from another post:

Maybe the Spirit is the pervasive field that underlies all of reality (similar to the Higgs field in physics). When morphological constructs (i.e. subtle bodies) develop they modulate the flux of this field in certain respects.

[...]

Different types of "subtle bodies" would have dispersive amounts of Spirit moving in them. There is one type of morphogenetic construct in particular that is able to focus this universally pervasive field into a concentrated point. It's subtle design directs the dissipative Spirit like water through little canals, and guides it to a point of convergence -- the Spirit comes to light within the subtle body construct.

This point of convergence creates the Monad, like the one above on a cosmic level. This Monad in turn creates a toroidal field around it -- this is [a true] Soul.

They all interact, but not necessarily in a hierarchical fashion. Rather, it is like a holoarchy.

Symbolically the Monad, or Spirit, would represent a tiny flame or a dense point of light. Which brings me back to the macrocosmic aspect of the Father. The cosmic lingam. The center of the torus.

Source: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53625-The-Psyche-Metaphors-of-Meaning&p=606400&viewfull=1#post606400

Jeffrey
2nd February 2013, 04:02
More or less, here is a part of part three lol: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?55117-The-Technological-Revolution-Artificial-Intelligence-and-the-Invisible-Plague&p=627848#post627848