PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so electrically charged all the sudden?



Sloppyjoe
20th January 2013, 07:21
For the past few weeks I've been getting shocked many times when I touch things, can be any object! It's been happening so much lately that right before I touch something I already know I'm about to get shocked. Before I would get shocked once in awhile, but nothing out of the ordinary as most people do once in awhile, but recently it's been every day multiple times per day, what gives?

TigaHawk
20th January 2013, 07:40
I've had the exact same problem. And im a wuss with electric shocks, i get zapped and i'll scream!

I was able to fix the problem by getting rubber soled shoes. This solved the problem completely for me. Alot of shoes you get from teh store now days have synthetic/plastic sort of base, its not rubber at all.

In the meantime, can i suggest carrying an old Key, or something metal with you? Hold the key in your hand, and touch something metal with it. You will feel the electricity pass through you, into the key, and the end of the Key Zap's instead of you. It's definately not painfull like actualy getting zapped, but it feels hella weird when you discharge.

Ammit
20th January 2013, 08:09
Have you changed any form of clothing or shoes, socks etc.

I went all cotton and rarely get zapped now.

Sloppyjoe
20th January 2013, 08:32
I've had the exact same problem. And im a wuss with electric shocks, i get zapped and i'll scream!

I was able to fix the problem by getting rubber soled shoes. This solved the problem completely for me. Alot of shoes you get from teh store now days have synthetic/plastic sort of base, its not rubber at all.

In the meantime, can i suggest carrying an old Key, or something metal with you? Hold the key in your hand, and touch something metal with it. You will feel the electricity pass through you, into the key, and the end of the Key Zap's instead of you. It's definately not painfull like actualy getting zapped, but it feels hella weird when you discharge.


Have you changed any form of clothing or shoes, socks etc.

I went all cotton and rarely get zapped now.

I've changed nothing! I've worn the same shoes for almost two years.

TigaHawk
20th January 2013, 08:56
Has it just gone into the dryer seasons over there? I never, ever get zapped in Summer as it's so humid. I fear winter because it's so dry...

Carolin
20th January 2013, 12:39
I started getting huge shocks two days ago. I'm scared to turn on a light.

Realeyes
20th January 2013, 12:49
I have experienced these electrical shocks for many years now - the worsed shocks are from electrical equipment, that were checked and not faulty.

I have changed my clothing away from fleeces, had rubber soles on my shoes, yet have not discovered yet how to completely stop these shocks. My family find it funny, as I have even had shocks from plastic flower pots and even cardboard boxes! So far, the only logical reason I have come to, is that these shocks are coming from my own generated electricity in my body, and there are days when I must be highly charged, resulting in many shocks from anything I touch.

I have noticed, when I am totally peaceful deep within myself, I rarely get such shocks. When there is a drama kicking off around me or I am unsettled within myself - the shocks are much stronger and hurt. I have even seen the electrical spark from the contact of the object to my finger or vise versa, it is too fast to calculate!

Ps. Afterthought: I have also noticed a subtle thing; I know I am about to get shocked just prior to it happening, it is not a vision etc, it is rather a subtle inner knowingness that feels the heightened charge within my body. If I atune more to this, and place this charge into something creative, maybe I will have found a solution - smile.

CD7
20th January 2013, 15:45
These "shocks" happen much more in cold weather...have gone through it too...however theres been no winter really here in the south...havent experienced it this year

Wookie
20th January 2013, 16:14
All of the above post are good. I too have been affected by a higher than average number of shocks recently. I believe there is more eletro activity within myself and though out the planet in general. I feel the shocks are a sign of a higher energy that is building. Living in an electronic world it only seems natural to adapt, and to start to interact on a more energy based level. It could be static electricity, I prefer to believe that it is the early stages of a new type of interaction with the other or outside world.

1000111001 Wookie

ghostrider
20th January 2013, 17:34
the shocking is from relative humidity being out of balance... you need a certain amount of water in the air you breath and your living space ...low relative humidity causes shocking, get a humidifier it will help ...

Nick Matkin
20th January 2013, 17:35
These types of electric shocks are high-voltage (often a few thousand volts) but a tiny, tiny current. They are harmless but uncomfortable and sometimes painful!

They are not generated by the body, just the clothes/shoes one wears, where static electricity builds up in the fabric during movement in furniture or walking on carpet. It can only occur when the atmosphere is very dry. This may be due to very dry hot or cold weather - in Europe and North America this is usually cold, crisp winter's day/night.

It usually only happens when you touch other people or metal objects, and is worse if the metal object is connected to the earth, electrical equipment, water pipes, etc. But I have experienced it when touching non-metallic objects (pot plants for example!) when the charge on that object is different to that being 'carried' by me.

The voltage built up in the clothes is of course transferred to your body. When you touch something metal, the voltage jumps through your finger (or whatever...) to the metal object.

If you have started getting these shocks, it's due to you wearing different clothing, shoes, a new carpet or living in a very dry atmosphere.

The worst I ever experienced were one-inch sparks (very painful) I got from a door lock while in a hotel in Finland one winter. I soon learnt to touch the lock with the metal key first!

Sorry folks, nothing to do with the mind, aura, spirit, or 'animal electricity' - whatever that is. Just Google static electricity...

Nick

Tesla_WTC_Solution
20th January 2013, 17:44
my car door used to zap me really bad, but it had a problem (or i did) and it solved itself when the weather got cold.

weird huh?

some people think that wearing no rubber sole connects you to greater earth energies.

i think it's true, my shrink wears moccassins LOL

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/6889/38leathermoccasins.jpg

floweroflife
20th January 2013, 19:10
I live in Las Vegas and it is dry as can be. I live in a cold desert. I get shocked at least a dozen times a day for up to 2 or 3 seconds at a time. Of course this could be due to making a huge mistake and vacuuming some carpet that apparently one of my kids had wet. Needless to say I was hit with electric water. Was very hilarious from the outside. I personally love it because I feel more alive when it happens. lol.

Earth Angel
20th January 2013, 21:01
I was just mentioning that to my husband this week......every time I touch a light switch I get a shock.....it is cold and dry here right now but he didn't notice anything happening with the lights himself.