PDA

View Full Version : One more prove on dolphins intellectual capacity

Tangri
25th January 2013, 17:42
NBC News, according to a report, together with a group of divers who dive underwater off the coast of Kona to take images at a time Keller Laros interesting direction came the sound of a voice said she was hearing. Solo circulating a dolphin who began to wander around the Laros, 3-meter-long animal thoroughly became aware of the approach of sneaking into her mouth and fins fishing line. now taking action diver, which cut the skin of the dolphin fishing line pulled out an operation which lasted a full seven minutes. , but interesting , which is almost seven minutes to help the dolphin fishing line until the issuance of the diver was separated from. 3-meter dolphin's body is completely cleaned up the cutting line and then walked away.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20652377/video-dolphin-rescue-underwater-off-kona-caught-on-camera

More detail video is here

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/hawaii-dolphin-rescue-caught-on-video#video

Rich
25th January 2013, 18:10
That story reminds me of something that had happened to me.

I used to sometimes go out on my property and just sit on a rock in a kind
of meditative state to be with nature....as I was sitting there 2 dogs came by,
they seemed kind of shy one of them slowly came closer and gave me her paw
while the other dog was just looking from a distance.
When she gave me her paw I thought she was just being friendly and wanted
to say hello but when I took her paw into my hand she saw I did not
understand her, so then what she did
was lie down on the ground before me.....
and showed me her paw from the bottom,
so I looked at her paw to see what was up
and between her toes and heel was a huge thorn which
I then removed, they then went on their way.

Tangri
25th January 2013, 18:40
I had similar event, more than 20 years ago.

I was at the summer cottage for weekend, a male dog approached me with begging, crying sounds, I saw a fish hook stacked his mouth when I was trying to take it off, he did not show any anger from pain. I found out later he was became my mother's protector for a long time.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
26th January 2013, 03:22
tangri, i had a dog which suffered a similar experience, she had not one but two treble hooks through her nose and paws.

it was horrible.

the hooks were also in a sleeping bag under a porch, so she was in a huge mess.

Tangri
26th January 2013, 19:48
tangri, i had a dog which suffered a similar experience, she had not one but two treble hooks through her nose and paws.

it was horrible.

the hooks were also in a sleeping bag under a porch, so she was in a huge mess.
I know my experience happened because of the smell of the bait.(even it was not mine, I was just guessing here)
How the hooks were placed in a sleeping bag? I tried to avoid having a thought about sadistic conspiracy.
I hope there was none

Tesla_WTC_Solution
26th January 2013, 22:15
the puppy ate the lure then ran under the porch into the sleeping bag :(

Knowrainknowrainbows!
26th January 2013, 22:38
Thanks for posting this inspirational story Tangri.
The world is a little brighter (for me) ...
KRKR

21CC
27th January 2013, 05:43
EmEx's experience was similar to mine when two dogs came near me, a small black unknown (to me) breed of dog held back, while the other- possibly a G. Shepherd and Lab mix shyly came up to me. I was afraid as this was on a 20 acre parcel of wooded property and this was a first to have any visiting domestic animal.They looked emaciated upon first observation, too.

I remembered learning a long time ago not to pet an unaquainted dog but to put out a hand slowly palm up. I did so and was alarmed to see that there were quills all around its nose, face, etc...I wasn't sure if I should try to remove them, or what. All I could do was tell her "I'm sorry, I don't know what I should do to help you" and started to cry. This dog began to softly whimper, sitting so empathicaly, as I promised I would get help.

I called on a friend who came with welder's gloves and a needle-nose pliars and made good on the promise I made to the dog by (albeit painfully) removing each one of those amazingly-designed weapons of defense/offense- the quills of a porcupine.