PDA

View Full Version : The idea of living forever getting closer.

Tangri
28th January 2013, 20:33
We’ll get to a point about 15 years from now where we’re adding more than a year every year to your life expectancy.

This idea of creating a whole virtual body with nanobots, that’s more like a 2050 scenario. But by the 2030s we’ll be putting millions of nanobots inside our bodies to augment our immune system, to basically wipe out disease. One scientist cured Type I diabetes in rats with a blood-cell-size device already.

By 2029, computers will have emotional intelligence and be convincing as people. This implies that these are people with volition just like you and I, not just games that you turn on or off. Is it my father? You could argue that it’s a simulation. But it’s not something you can play with. You don’t want to bring someone back who might be very depressed because the world is very different than they expect and the people they know aren't around
We've created these tools to overcome our limitations, and we've integrated with them already. A.I. today is not in three or four dark federal intelligence agencies; it’s in billions of mobile devices around the world.

By Ray Kurtzweil

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/magazine/ray-kurzweil-says-were-going-to-live-forever.html

Limor Wolf
28th January 2013, 21:12
In response to the title, Oh no, I hope not! There is a purpose for death, just as there is a purpose for birth,. We have major problems not knowing how to deal with death in a healthy way, we lack in spiritual understanding of the mind, body and soul and therefore looking for technology to come to our aid. wrong move! Once we know how to live life, then, life expectancy will be naturally prolonged, but even then we will not be immortals, and thank goodness for that!

P.S

Sounds very much like an encouragment to put foreign objects in our bodies, very NWO style, but not the order this world and it's inhabitants need.

Tangri
28th January 2013, 21:25
In response to the title, Oh no, I hope not! There is a purpose for death, just as there is a purpose for birth,. We have major problems not knowing how to deal with death in a healthy way, we lack in spiritual understanding of the mind, body and soul and therefore looking for technology to come to our aid. wrong move! Once we know how to live life, then, life expectancy will be naturally prolonged, but even then we will not be immortals, and thank goodness for that!

P.S

Sounds very much like an encouragment to put foreign objects in our bodies, very NWO style, but not the order this world and it's inhabitants need.

Please do not tell this to Immediate needed people, in kidney, hearth, liver transplantation list.

Limor Wolf
28th January 2013, 21:51

P.S

Please do not tell this to Immediate needed people, in kidney, hearth, liver transplantation list.

Again, it depends how much spiritually aware they are...

My mother has passed away a month ago today because of a severe heart problems and, she needed a pacemaker. I told it to her.

Tangri
28th January 2013, 21:58

P.S

Again, it depends how much spiritually aware they are...

My mother has passed away a month ago today because of a severe heart problems and, she needed pacemaker. I told it to her.

I am very sorry for you, on her decision which left you alone without her in this world.
I was a hearth broken when I told my mom same thing and heard her respond as a " I feel my roots are not attached well any more, time to go with my dignity"

SKAWF
28th January 2013, 22:11
mmm,

well i kinda believe that we live eternally anyway,
one life after another and so on.

would living forever not lock us into this one existence?...

i dont think i want to spend forever in this life.
especially if things remain on their current course.

cheers

Ernie Nemeth
28th January 2013, 22:13
No thanks to life forever. Distinctly nasty idea to me.

Also don't believe a word of their futurist prognostications. They've promised us far better than what this thread promises forty years ago and never delivered - this time will be no different. A problem with nanobots, by the way, is that you can't know for sure who gets it and who does not. They are so small that they would proliferate to astronomical numbers and infect everybody, whether they want it or not. So no, this is not some glorious species saver, this is another way to force compliance on us.

Tangri
28th January 2013, 22:17
mmm,

well i kinda believe that we live eternally anyway,
one life after another and so on.

would living forever not lock us into this one existence?...

i dont think i want to spend forever in this life.
especially if things remain on their current course.

cheers

Well,
What I understand from Ray Kurtzweil, it will not depend on your will but your financial situation. It will not be free or cheep for regular people.
Than world population is not going to be effected.
Hope

Maunagarjana
28th January 2013, 22:41
I will not be putting nanobots into me, or computer modules. I have a prosthetic knee made of titanium and polyethylene and that's about as enhanced as I plan to get. I'm not a fan of transhumanism, though I am very fascinated by the technological advances and the possible applications of them. But really, for as long as I'm alive, I want to stay human.

I'm wary of techno-fetishism that ignores spirituality. I'm not so much interested in physical immortality as much as I am into making the most out of what we've already got - without technological modifications - by undoing a lot of the genetic manipulations that were done in the distant past to keep us in this lowly state, functioning at a fraction of our full capacity.

I think we will eventually discover how to activate genetic programming that has been deactivated that will change us in dramatic and positive ways. We have only barely begun to unravel the mysteries of the human genome, I feel.

I think in the future we will find ways of harnessing physics to heal and extend lifespans in a way that doesn't require nanobots. Mehran Keshe talks about this and has claimed to have invented machines that do just that, by exposing the body to certain types of energy, and I think there will be much more of this in the future, if it's allowed to happen.

Transhumanism, as it is represented in pop culture, is completely materialist in nature. But the fact is that immortality is achievable by simple bodily death, which is the irony of transhumanism. It's hard for me to talk about these ideas openly with most people because too many are unaware of our real nature and our true past. Everyone understands the value of electronic gizmos and how they improve their lives, but few even recognize the existence of the things I'm talking about.

We are already eternal beings, on a spiritual level. On a physical level, our bodies are biological quantum computers. So the only purpose I can see in modifying our bodies with robotics is to, in the long run, turn us into robots that can be controlled more easily by a variety of means. The perceived enhancements from this will really result in a major hampering when compared to how much better off we could have been had we stuck to the organic route.

I feel the transhumanist meme is an attempt to get us to buy into handicapping our own development with the lure of tantalizing gains that are ultimately dehumanizing. This is the path the Greys took. We don't want to be like them.

Kerry Cassidy has spoken of the choice we are going to have to make in the future, between becoming Robotic Supermen or Angelic Humans. I definitely choose the latter. I guess, when viewed from that perspective, it's not that I'm really against transhumanism per se, I just prefer organic transhumanism to synthetic transhumanism. The synthetic route is seductive, but will eventually reveal itself to be a dead end.

Actually, upon thinking about it further, when I say I "prefer organic transhumanism" what I mean is not really transcending being human, but to actually become *fully human*. As we are right now, I'm not even sure we are full fledged humans, but rather some mutant version of subhumans that have the potential to become humans. So I guess I'm really for Organic Transsubhumanism. LOL, maybe I should trademark that.

watchZEITGEISTnow
29th January 2013, 08:16
We already do live forever, we just forgot that part at incarnation in this life...

OnyxKnight
29th January 2013, 14:43
You don't need nanobots to halt the aging process. You need a good understanding of genetics, and hit the right combination.

If its in our genes, then I don't think its unnatural. Don't forget the "Tree of Life" factor here. And somehow, being stuck at age 30 or 30 something, is not that scary or appalling, considering that there are so many things that need to be done, so many things that need to be worked out, so many things that need to be accomplished .... Not enough time to do it all in a single human lifetime, the way it is right now. Also, we have the Tabula Rasa Cycle as a problem. Kinda tired getting from A to Z over and over again, each incarnation, as most of you are as well, I'm sure.

It would give us huge advantage, and a heavy smack on the face of those who maintain the troubling status quo of our global situation.

..... I just don't think we should do it via nanotechnology. Too many things can (and probably will) go wrong.