PDA

View Full Version : 6 years old hostage held in underground bunker

baddbob
31st January 2013, 01:17
A man is holding a 6-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in Midland City, Alabama, according to authorities.

Police say the suspect, who they have identified as Jimmy Lee Dykes, took the boy off a bus after shooting the driver, who was killed.

The young hostage reportedly has autism and was apparently not hurt in the shooting. He may have passed out on the bus from the commotion, however, and that may be how the man was able to take him.

Police have been negotiating with Dykes through a pipe connected to the bunker. According to Alabama State Rep. Steve Clouse, who is in contact with the boy's family, the child has Aspergers Syndrome and ADDH. Authorities were able to send the boy's daily medication down the pipe.

Clouse said the boy also received his coloring books, which he asked for this morning. Clouse said he has been told that the bunker has electricity and television.

Clouse said the boy's family is "holding on by a thread," and has not gotten much sleep over the last 24 hours.

Dykes apparently had a court hearing scheduled for a menacing charge over a different incident in December. But it is unclear what, if any, role that plays in this situation.

We have learned that Dykes is 65 years old and served in the Vietnam war. Neighbors say he has been working on the underground bunker for some time and may have enough food stored down there to last several months.

The Dale County School Superintendent calls the slain bus driver a hero, releasing the following statement to HLN:

"Today, we are extending our hearts and prayers for the safe return of one our students and we are mourning a hero, 66-year-old Charles Poland, who gave his life to protect 21 students who are now home safely with their families."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/30/hostage-alabama

WhiteFeather
31st January 2013, 02:32
Prayers to the bus driver and the family. Prayers to this young child and the family.
May this young child be in the utmost protection from any danger.

Flash
31st January 2013, 02:36
I am truly sorry for both, the child and his family, the bus driver and his family.

I do have a question though. Is Avalon going to report every single nut case murder on the planet, murders unrelated to PTB and consiparcy??? Is Avalon to become the Allo Police (French Canadian extinct horrid storries newspaper) of the internet.

I do not want to contradict you badboy, this is a sad story, but I am truly not sure it has its place on Avalon.

Let the other members tell me if they believe the same or not. I will bow to the overall wisdom, whatever it is.

chancy
31st January 2013, 03:05
Greetings:
I think we should start reporting the following:
When people around the planet get up.
How many bowls of cereal.
When we go to work.
How much we each make to the nearest penny.
When the geese will be leaving the USA for Canada.
How many rain drops hit the ground when raining.
When kids want to buy another toy.
The purpose of spinach.
How many people love sardines.
People who feel cold all the time with a sweater on.
Flights that are on time.
What mice are thinking when they are scurrying
across the floor.
How many cockroaches it takes to make a great pie.
The best way to drink sour milk.
and so on and so on and so on.....

Our lives are bombarded with news items and more news items that don't have anything to do with each of us and we are expected to know about all of them and discuss them one by one. I go on record by saying NO MORE!
Our lives are busy enough and complicated enough not to need anymore news unless it's that we won the lottery.
chancy

Snookie
31st January 2013, 05:22
I for one find this story to be high lighting certain memes which we will be hearing much more about by the MSM, IMHO.

1) the Prepper meme. The hostage taker is a prepper. They are trying to make any prepper out to be an evil SOB.
2) the Autism & ADDH meme. The underlying message is that this kid CANNOT survive without his meds. (great for big Pharma) Also wasn't Lanza supposed to be autistic? I think there will be more discussion around mental health issues, and how the state needs to be monitoring these people much more closely.

Just at first glance, not having done any investigation into it, just those two things make me find the story fishy. The hostage taking may well be true, but I suspect they have embellished it with those details. Next thing we'll probably be told the hostage taker was not only a "Prepper", but also a "Truther", not to mention a gun owner.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
31st January 2013, 06:14
I think it's a random tragedy and have no problem with it being posted here as I read it myself a few minutes before it was here.
These things do happen and this is an ongoing hostage situation where a 6 year old boy, a year older than my own autistic son,
was abducted from his school bus is and being held in a bunker as we speak.

I hope someone here is praying for the mom.

Flash
31st January 2013, 10:21
I may flood you guys with Canada's daily tragedies, France, Spain, and all South America since I read all these languages.

May be the USA's daily tragedies are just that, one , only one country daily tragedy, not the world.

this forum in a world forum. My understanding it that it is to reports findings about the world, suspicion about how the world works, help in getting into a better place as a race, heighten the vibration level of all while keeping aware of the reality, overt and covert, on a global scale. Which impact everyone's life on the planet.

Random tiniy events just serve to block out the reading of interesting threads if too much of it and just serve to keep away the good researchers if too much of it.

this is my opinion. I wish to hear what mods think or what is the policy/politics(in the good sense) of Avalon regarding this.

modwiz
31st January 2013, 10:34
I avoid these kinds of stories at aggregate site like Rense. I am hoping to pick up something useful from my various site visits. Stories like this are useless to me. Good for a drama hit if that is your kind of thing. The point made by Snookie was lemonade from the lemon of the story, IMO. Hopefully we see these themes already and don't need to take in the drama that the subliminals are packaged in.

Flash's point is a good one, IMO again.

baddbob
31st January 2013, 16:26
Sorry for the post. I saw it more of a psyops part of TPTB's fuel.

kaon
31st January 2013, 16:43
I am truly sorry for both, the child and his family, the bus driver and his family.

I do have a question though. Is Avalon going to report every single nut case murder on the planet, murders unrelated to PTB and consiparcy??? Is Avalon to become the Allo Police (French Canadian extinct horrid storries newspaper) of the internet.

I do not want to contradict you badboy, this is a sad story, but I am truly not sure it has its place on Avalon.

Let the other members tell me if they believe the same or not. I will bow to the overall wisdom, whatever it is.

I would rather not see any censorship of these type posts. While they may not have relevance to you, they may have for others.

Carmody
31st January 2013, 17:13
I don't mid the post,and I'm not going to concentrate on it. Those who feel they need to concentrate on it, will.

Understand that astrologically speaking, we are now in the vibrational mode (the multidimensional vibrational mode, angle and wave shaping of the fundamentals), due to earth position, of the sign or mode we call 'Aquarius', which is more universally oriented.

Thus this sort of vibe gets into people. The mothers and fathers of children will personally identify and those who do not, won't.

The reality is that it needs to be known, possibly... but that it also needs to be noted that too much minutiae can have one not not ever finding bigger pictures which are the overall motion. Don't get caught sniffing and scratching and looking down at one tiny part of the ground.

The whole point of Aurora and Sandy Hook, is to put you into the mode of not seeing the overall picture and staring at the one tiny part of the ground.

That both need be analyzed together. That the given moment can be viewed in the context of being part of a larger process, even though there are obviously, individuals involved.

That right now, in this exact moment you read this, there are people dying in this world for all kinds of reasons. Some of them being butchered, beaten, tortured, starved, frozen, heart attacks, car accidents, drowned ...and on and on. Or dying quietly in their sleep.

An old adage, which has existed for a long time, as it has some form of basic truth to it. Remember that Walmart or the corner store magazine racks and bad TV concentrate on the last item:

Brilliant people talk about ideas,
Average people talk about things,
Small people talk about each other.

RMorgan
31st January 2013, 17:27
The man was probably planning to hijack the whole bus, which would be much worse.

I´m glad he didn´t succeed, and I hope him to release the child unharmed asap.

Be alert folks. I see a trend here. I hope I´m wrong, but I think things like this will start to happen more often than ever.

Something wrong is going on.

Raf.

SilentFeathers
31st January 2013, 17:30
I'm sure the idiots in Washington will see an oppertunity here to OUTLAW underground and or all bunkers now!

Carmody
31st January 2013, 18:07
Yes, that if you prep for anything then it must be a bunker for kidnapping children, right?

I mean, they have to frame the situation so the public will eat it.

Next thing you know a Jeffery Daumer will be trotted out so that no one can own freezers and refrigerators, without being on some danger list.

humanalien
31st January 2013, 18:25
The 6 year old boy, is now a 5 year
old boy. Can't the msm make up their
minds on how old they want the hostage
to be?

Sidney
31st January 2013, 21:36
Maybe we should just have one thread dedicated to this type of news, that way if someone doesn't want to see it they can pass it by without having to see any details of the headline. That is why I do not watch or read mainstream news because of the knee jerk reaction our emotions have to it.

Earth Angel
3rd February 2013, 16:41
interesting quote from one of the mans neighbours......

"I had always figured he was more or less at wacko survivalistbut it's obvious that this had been very well thought out and arranged," Wilbur told an ABC television news affiliate.

again we are going after the 'prepper' like Adam Lanzas mother ..........not implying that this guy isn't doing something very wrong, just found that description to be something that I think we are going to see more and more of