PDA

View Full Version : February is American Heart Health month

baddbob
1st February 2013, 18:55
A subject dear to my heart excuse the pun. Ive had three heart attacks,and 9 stents in my heart. Ive had 5 catheterizations, and a aortofem bypass all due to high cholesterol,my body makes to much and I absorb to much.

The ABCs of Heart Health

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/abcs-heart-health/story?id=18357977

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=resources&id=8977067

Being vegetarian 'cuts heart risks by a third'

http://www.independent.ie/health/being-vegetarian-cuts-heart-risks-by-a-third-3371078.html

Large Study Links Erectile Dysfunction To Heart Disease And Early Death
http://inventorspot.com/articles/large_study_links_erectile_dysfunction_heart_disea se_and_early_d

7 New Things That We Learned Have An Effect On Our Tickers
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/heart-health-month-2013-_n_2576513.html

Arrowwind
1st February 2013, 19:12
Its good to be aware of our vascular health. Ultimately I dont think conventional medicine really knows much on how to reverse heart disease nor how to effectively lower cholesterol in a meaninful way. Elevated cholesterol, and Im talking of over 230 with poor relationships between LDH and HDL are manefestations of severe inflammatory processes due to multiple factors including diet, vitamin and mineral deficiency, and microbes in the liver. A full and systemic detox is required.

This link brings to you a book that I recommend to heart patients and those with vascular diseaese. Not mentioned in the book are two supplements that require close examination and the vast majority of heart and vascular patients should be taking them. These supplements were not known in the US when the book was written, they are serrapeptase and nattokinase. Ive placed the book on my blog and it has 7 parts.

http://www.healthsalon.org/168/the-ultimate-solutions-to-heart-disease-stroke-and-alzheimers-part-1/

http://www.healthsalon.org/169/the-ultimate-solutions-to-heart-disease-stroke-and-alzheimers-part-2/

http://www.healthsalon.org/175/the-ultimate-solutions-to-heart-disease-stroke-and-alzheimers-part-3-niacin-coq10/

further links to parts 4 through 7 can be found at the bottom of each page under related posts.

conk
1st February 2013, 19:18
Many natural physicians now recognize that the majority of heart ailments are a form of beriberi, a deficiency of B vitamins. The cure is in natural, whole food, raw form B vitamins. Standard Process is the best brand. And most heart surgeries? Waste of time and money, and life.

Arrowwind
1st February 2013, 19:48
Many natural physicians now recognize that the majority of heart ailments are a form of beriberi, a deficiency of B vitamins. The cure is in natural, whole food, raw form B vitamins. Standard Process is the best brand. And most heart surgeries? Waste of time and money, and life.

Yes, my naturopathic doctor spoke to me about Standard process for heart issues, of which he had himself. Ultimately he died of cardiac disease but I can't say that he practiced what he preached, nor did he reveal to me exactly what his heart issues were. It's pretty common of physicians not to practice what they preach.. He was 72 I think, and was known for curing Lyme Disease.

He had several documented cases of very severe Afib that he had treated being rectified with Standard process B vitamins. I mean where people were wheeled into his clinic on 6 liters of oxygen and had been given a death sentence to healing to the level of returning to normal cardiac rhythms or near normal and off oxygen and walking again only a few weeks later. He showed me the EKG strips before and after treatment. Amazing!

What supplements and what kind of work your heart requires depends on what exacly is wrong. It can get pretty complex... but there is always room for Standard Process B complexes.

I'll see if I can find that Standard Process paper he gave me that lists what is required.
Personally I would not rely on B vitamins alone and with afib you need a blood thinner like nannokinase, lots of it.

Earth Angel
1st February 2013, 20:11
Ive read distilled water is very good for removing the plaque build up in the arteries

conk
1st February 2013, 20:11
[QUOTE=conk;627531]....
I'll see if I can find that Standard Process paper he gave me that lists what is required.
Personally I would not rely on B vitamins alone and with afib you need a blood thinner like nannokinase, lots of it.

The usual prescription is: Cataplex B, Cataplex G, and Cardio-Plus. Totally agree about the nannokinase. And of course, essential fatty acids are critical.

Arrowwind
1st February 2013, 20:17
The usual prescription is: Cataplex B, Cataplex G, and Cardio-Plus. Totally agree about the nannokinase. And of course, essential fatty acids are critical.

Conk are you very familiar with Standard Process? Ive been looking for a practitioners manual. Know where to get one?

conk
1st February 2013, 20:25

Conk are you very familiar with Standard Process? Ive been looking for a practitioners manual. Know where to get one?There was one on the Standard Process website at one time, but I have not looked recently. I take many different SP products, around 15 or so. Those mentioned above, a probiotic, digestive enzymes, iodine, B6/niacinamide, fatty acids, calcium/mag, HCI, and more. Certainly not an expert though.

I stand in awe and so respect your body of knowledge. I'm more of 'here's the solution' kind of guy, without fully understanding the mechanics of the remedy. I have more of a kitchen table education and do read a lot.

Edit: Did find this - https://www.standardprocess.com/Our-Company/Press-Room/Press-Releases/Practice-Management-Book-Now-Available

Arrowwind
1st February 2013, 20:35
I'm more of 'here's the solution' kind of guy, without fully understanding the mechanics of the remedy. I have more of a kitchen table education and do read a lot.

Although I have taken some alternative med courses with focus on homeopathy and clinical nutrition and have worked in some alternative clinics, one reason I know so much is because Im very nosey and I ask doctors to show me what they do.... and most times they are delighted to tell. Ive been at this for a long long time. I'll tell you one thing for sure, most doctors that are worth a hoot learn some of their best stuff at the proverbial kitchen table too, reading, experimenting, because its very hard to go to one place and learn what there is to know, what they need to know. The best are always researching, reading and doing their own clinical studies... and above and beyond all else, keeping an open mind for therein lies the pathway to knowledge.

Paul
7th February 2013, 07:27
Ive read distilled water is very good for removing the plaque build up in the arteries

I'd suggest you pay close attention to what Arrowwind is explaining here. I seriously doubt that adding distilled water to the diet of someone with poor cardiovascular health will remove their plaque. Certain nutrients are needed, such as Arrowwind describes. I include Vitamin C, at the rate of a gram every few hours, in my regimine, and consider it important to cardiovascular health (thanks, Linus Pauling).

Conk are you very familiar with Standard Process?

I stand in awe and so respect your body of knowledge.
Me too :)

baddbob
7th February 2013, 17:52
Ive got to agree to the alternative meds as Ive had my first stent back in 2004 and its only gotten worse even though ive been on like 11 different pills including three different pills for cholesterol alone. I feel Im stuck with fear that if I dont follow there guidance im going to die or something like that. But im kind of stuck with a few of them that are needed for my stents like Plavix and metoprolol. Like I said the fear of quitting these meds make it difficult to try alternatives. I will try to supplement with some of your alternatives like Im staring to drink more juices than ever before. Thanks for all your much needed advice

Hip Hipnotist
7th February 2013, 19:22
Ive got to agree to the alternative meds as Ive had my first stent back in 2004 and its only gotten worse even though ive been on like 11 different pills including three different pills for cholesterol alone. I feel Im stuck with fear that if I dont follow there guidance im going to die or something like that. But im kind of stuck with a few of them that are needed for my stents like Plavix and metoprolol. Like I said the fear of quitting these meds make it difficult to try alternatives. I will try to supplement with some of your alternatives like Im staring to drink more juices than ever before. Thanks for all your much needed advice

I quess I can speak to this issue ( I've done it in other threads ) as due to a massive heart attack and quad bypass surgery I shouldn't be typing this now.

But here I type.

If I hadn't gotten over the fear of dying by not following doctors orders I'd still be suffering ( or worse ) the side effects of all the meds I was on. My doctors, I had two post surgery, did not agree with my desire to be med free. One actually said, "I know you don't like taking meds ( for the rest of your life! ) but you've got to trust that I know what's best for you."

I am in no way putting him down, I actually liked the guy, he is doing what he believes to be best.

Long story short I did EXTENSIVE research regarding my current state of health, prior state of health and potential state of health.

Cut to the chase: I am, and for the past year a vegan, not vegetarian, vegan. I take only a few suppliments ( you can PM me if you'd like to know what ) and am OFF ALL MEDS. My health is in one word -- perfect. The one doctor I occassionally visit ( a DO not MD ) spends most of the visit discussing his golf game because there's nothing to discuss regarding my health.

This is not about meat eating vs plant/vegetable/fruit eating. I don't give a ---- what anyone eats. I hate those debates. Everyone's mileage varies. Your's no doubt will too.

This is about NOT BEING AFRAID YOU'LL DIE IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS.

If you choose to be off meds then do the research ( you're obviously doing it now ) and if you can't get a medical person to assist you then do it GRADUALLY by yourself. Monitor yourself daily, especially blood pressure if you're on those meds. Request from your doctor more frequent blood work etc. to see how you're coming along. I can ( almost ) guarantee you're not going to die if you go about this GRADUALLY. They should oblidge you, especially if he/she/they know you're serious about taking your own health in your own hands. Besides, that should give them more time to golf. ;-)

I understand your fear. I'm lucky to have made it alive out of the hospital. It wasn't easy for me to go against doctors orders. But living the rest of my life on a multitude of meds with the nasty side effects made it clear I'd at least try to 'take my life into my own hands'. The meds I was on while in the hospital made sense. The meds they wanted to keep me on for the rest of my life did not.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND AM NOT RECOMMENDING YOU DO AS I DID! ( althought I'm a pretty Hip Hypnotist and can help you through the fear aspect ;-))))

Just use common sense and get over the FEAR.

You know what they say about fear.

Good luck and stay away from McDonalds. And a FEW other places. ;-))

baddbob
7th February 2013, 20:17
I dont fear death thats coming regardless. I fear leaving behind loved ones as its very upsetting to them when I go through this. I actually look forward to the after life. A little over a month ago i was going to have some scar tissue removed from my aortofem bypass it involved stopping my plavix and ranexa for 7 days. The second day i was off them I had a heart attack and ened up with 2 more stents in my heart for a total of 9. i mean that kind of told me that there is some truth in what they are telling me. Its kind of the classic "rock and a hard place".

BrianEn
7th February 2013, 20:41
I'm another another that shouldn't be here. I have 3 stents. No by passes as they wouldn't be able to fix anything. I'm in heart failure. It on pumps at 30% level of normal. I don't flush fluids on my own so I take a high dose of water pills to push the fluids out. My goal now is strengthen the healthy part to get it too work more effeiciantly so it doesn't increase in size. If my heart gets too that's when the real trouble begins. I've been in cardiac rehab for the last six months . They just extended me 3 months because they'd like to get me a little stronger. At home I have a treadmill for daily use as I can't get outside to exercise.