PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful video (Troop of Gorillas visit a camp)

Simonm
9th February 2013, 13:04
Please forgive me if this has already been posted, but can't see it.

This video is so beautiful. such magnificent creatures, so powerful yet so gentle. The guy in the video is so lucky to be near and accepted by such beings. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHr4OSsND9M

WhiteFeather
9th February 2013, 13:21
Fascinating, the apes come in to the video at the 1:04 minute mark.

778 neighbour of some guy
9th February 2013, 13:34
Me4KKocEY-U

ghostrider
9th February 2013, 14:47
Fascinating, the apes come in to the video at the 1:04 minute mark.

I love the pure joy on the gentlemans face, his eyes told a story of pure wonder and thankfullness ... even animals can be gentle and curious, another human would have passed by and not even said good morning, even animals have manners ... I can't say the same for some humans... the video is inspiring ... pure ...

conk
9th February 2013, 15:23
[QUOTE=WhiteFeather;632864]Fascinating, the apes come in to the video at the 1:04 minute mark.

I love the pure joy on the gentlemans face, his eyes told a story of pure wonder and thankfullness ... even animals can be gentle and curious, another human would have passed by and not even said good morning, even animals have manners ... I can't say the same for some humans... the video is inspiring ... pure ...I was thinking almost the very same thoughts, the same words. That joyful expression is the reason for living. Pure bliss, no worries at all. Truly the way life should be. Very inspiring video. Thanks for sharing!!!

sunflower
9th February 2013, 16:50
Heartwarming video. Gives us a glimpse into a gentle world, a reality we hope to experience one day.

kaon
9th February 2013, 17:08
Thanks for the video. It's amazing just how gentle those powerful gorillas can be.

Here's another one that "touched" me:

ciH4-Xh4Lbc

RunningDeer
9th February 2013, 17:11
This is a touching reunion. Oops, I didn't realize that it was just posted by kaon. :wave:

Gorilla Reunion: Damian Aspinall's Extraordinary Gorilla Encounter
FZ-bJFVJ2P0

Carmody
9th February 2013, 17:44
Part of our problem is the the use of the psychological separation into us and them, via the use of the word 'animal'.

Apes are not 'animals.'

That word is reserved for the kinds of organic concoctions which have no thought process.

Which means you can't apply it to even your dog, or cat, and not pigs either, as they are at least twice as smart as a dog.

kaon
9th February 2013, 18:37
Part of our problem is the the use of the psychological separation into us and them, via the use of the word 'animal'.

Apes are not 'animals.'

That word is reserved for the kinds of organic concoctions which have no thought process.

Which means you can't apply it to even your dog, or cat, and not pigs either, as they are at least twice as smart as a dog.

Without psychoanalyzing the word "animal" or a person's thought process, yes they are animals and so are dogs, cats and pigs.

Can you help me to understand where animals are defined as not having a thought process? Perhaps an amoeba does not have a thought process, and they too are animals, but I have never heard of the reservation that you are speaking of.

Lettherebelight
9th February 2013, 19:06
The Vedas say there are 400,000 species of 'humans' in our universe...maybe gorillas are 1?
It would certainly appear so!

Ellisa
9th February 2013, 21:24
Carmody- I would like to challenge your statement regarding the definition of 'animal'. Of course a gorilla is an animal, as, according to many definitions, are we humans. 'Animal' is not a insulting word anymore than 'bird' or 'insect' is, it is a definition of what form of living being we are talking about.

Personally I am proud to be part of the animal division if it means I am in the same category as these noble creatures!

AlaBil
10th February 2013, 21:06
I love the pure joy on the gentlemans face, his eyes told a story of pure wonder and thankfullness ... even animals can be gentle and curious, another human would have passed by and not even said good morning, even animals have manners ... I can't say the same for some humans... the video is inspiring ... pure ...

Wow! What a video. I wonder what the heart rate of the guy sitting there was when the baby walked up and stroked his head and hair. I think my heart would have jumped out of my skin. Thanks a bunch for posting such a telling, insightful video.

Atlantean Avatar
11th February 2013, 00:14
It looked as if the silverback was taking his family on an outing to the human zoo. To him perhaps it was an educational field trip for his children to see and learn about humans.