PDA

View Full Version : Lucid dreaming...

Teakai
17th September 2010, 14:28
I had my very first lucid dreaming experience 2 nights ago. It was so amazing and I hope I get to repeat the experience.

Has anybody else here experienced lucid dreaming - and is there some way you can do it deliberately?

Decibellistics
18th September 2010, 04:55
Practice.

It requires energy I suppose. Some days are better than others.

Try holding your attention but at the same time observing the dream environment....every object and detail.
Use intent to call for your dreams and use intent within your dreams........what happens there is just as real as right now......it's just conducted in a different form of reality.

Arpheus
18th September 2010, 05:31
The easiest way to master lucid dreaming is to simply practice self observation of yourself during your daytime activities,you have to be aware of yourself constantly knowing that all the thoughts and mind talking that happens to you,isn't really your consciousness but your ego,once you get that down to a science,you can pretty much have lucid dreams on a regular basis,the secret is keep focus and self awareness active at all times,because the law of as above so bellow actually applies to this basic principle,so be smart and be aware of yourself during the day and it will reflect on you when your in the dream state,the hardest way to do it is to astral project yourself but that one takes a lot longer for you to do be able to do it consciousness on a daily basis,so i suggest going with the first option as you start and move on from there.If your focused on 3d you will be focused on 5d.Its all about practice,good luck to you and peace .

Humble Janitor
18th September 2010, 05:54
Sleeping during the day always produces vivid/lucid dreams for me. It's a consequence of my current work situation. I've had incredible luck all week long though.

Regardless, lucid dreaming is very cool and very fun.

Swami
18th September 2010, 08:39
read this book
http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-World-Dreaming-Stephen-Laberge/dp/034537410X

smat
18th September 2010, 10:02
I have managed it in the past, it does require effort and focus although sometimes they come naturally which is not often. The lucid dreams are amazing, it is all about conditioning your body to being aware that you are dreaming. I used to set my alarm for 4am and in that week I have managed a couple of lucid dreams. I do have a meditation mp3 specifically designed for training yourself to lucid dreams. e-mail me at sanmatty@
hotmail.com if you want me to upload it to rapidshare and send you a link.

Teakai
18th September 2010, 11:12
Thanks all for your advice (that lucid dreaming book looks good, Swami, might have to look into that)

Lucid dreaming is definitely VERY cool. I've been hoping to repeat the experience every night since - but so far no luck.
Here's hoping.
:-)

Rocky_Shorz
18th September 2010, 17:05
when I was solving missing children's cases I would use the dreams to expand on visions I had.

looking into the eyes of the suspect gave me a connection and would open me up to visions, many times they wouldn't make sense so I would concentrate on it as I was drifting off to sleep and would learn the meanings of the visions that helped in solving the cases...

Dreams are a subconscious connection to Nirvana and through them give the ability to meet with those who have passed...

Solphilos
18th September 2010, 18:19
Sleeping during the day always produces vivid/lucid dreams for me. It's a consequence of my current work situation. I've had incredible luck all week long though.

Same here. In fact, falling asleep at work and studying the effects was one of the things that helped me master this practice. About 10 years ago, I worked at a job that required a lot of focus, and during each break, I would take 15 minute micro-naps, each of these resulting in lucid states due to my consciousness still being so very focused on my work. The body falls asleep, and the mind ends up somewhere in the astral.

Carmody
18th September 2010, 22:34
Look up Salvador Dali, and 'Dropping spoons'.

freespirit
18th September 2010, 22:45

HJ, I couldn't agree more.I am a big fan of an afternoon nap, between 2-3pm Sunday afternoon.
My favourite is where I am soaring like a bird, swooping and diving and then flapping my wings to gain some height then swooping down low.The exhilaration just can't be beat.

Another favourite of mine is the Hollywood dream as I call it.This normally entails guns and being chased or me doing the chasing.One time I was being chased by Germans through a train and I ran out of bullets for my gun, total madness.About a week ago I was running with Nicolas Cage !

On numerous occasions I've realised while dreaming that I am dreaming.The moment quickly passes tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOnv8lXDzhg

Carmody
19th September 2010, 00:09
The easiest way to master lucid dreaming is to simply practice self observation of yourself during your daytime activities,you have to be aware of yourself constantly knowing that all the thoughts and mind talking that happens to you,isn't really your consciousness but your ego,once you get that down to a science,you can pretty much have lucid dreams on a regular basis,the secret is keep focus and self awareness active at all times,because the law of as above so bellow actually applies to this basic principle,so be smart and be aware of yourself during the day and it will reflect on you when your in the dream state,the hardest way to do it is to astral project yourself but that one takes a lot longer for you to do be able to do it consciousness on a daily basis,so i suggest going with the first option as you start and move on from there.If your focused on 3d you will be focused on 5d.Its all about practice,good luck to you and peace .

After ten years of apprenticeship, Tenno achieved the rank of Zen teacher. One rainy day, he went to visit the famous master Nan-in. When he walked in, the master greeted him with a question, "Did you leave your wooden clogs and umbrella on the porch?"

"Yes," Tenno replied.

"Tell me," the master continued, "did you place your umbrella to the left of your shoes, or to the right?"

Tenno did not know the answer, and realized that he had not yet attained full awareness. So he became Nan-in's apprentice and studied under him for ten more years.